PDA

View Full Version : Found another book about the DT Series.

Wuducynn
09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Has anyone read this book? I just found it on Amazon. Please give your opinions on it if you've have.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yrQFuNc9L._SS500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Inside the Dark Tower Series: Art, Evil and Intertextuality in the Stephen King Novels (9780786439775): Patrick McAleer: Books

Incase you were wondering what "intertextuality" means as I was here's the definition from dictionary.com - "The whole network of relations, conventions, and expectations by which the text is defined; the relationship between texts".

Wuducynn
09-22-2009, 02:24 PM
This should have been posted in Dutch Hill.

mia/susannah
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I have never heard of this book. Will have to check it out sometime. Thanks for sharing

Letti
09-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Nice catch. I hope we will get more info about it.

sarah
09-23-2009, 06:13 AM
I haven't heard of it either. Are you going to buy it, Matthew?

pathoftheturtle
09-23-2009, 06:26 AM
At some point, I certainly will. Always interested in more non-fiction, and any take on King's view of evil, especially, will surely lure me. :lol

Also, that cover art is looking alright.

Are you sure about Dutch Hill, tho? Seems good for several forums. Do want fans to become aware & later discuss, yar? Maybe Calvin's Corner?

Brice
09-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Actually I agree that Dutch Hill is probably the best place for it. Calvin's Corner is solely for those interested in book collection not really discussion so much.

Wuducynn
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Looks really interesting, I am always up for a fresh, in-depth perspective on the Dark Tower Series. I plan on buying it, and I'll post my opinions of it for everyone to worship and automatically agree with, especially Path.

Brice
09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm certain we're all desperately and eagerly awaiting your glorious opinion, bitch. :P

MPatrick
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this book! If any of you are interested, you can see a preview of it through Google Books. Just Google the title and it should come up. Starting to look through it now, but it's an academic look at not only the DT, but King as a writer (and how he should be classified).

Wuducynn
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this book! If any of you are interested, you can see a preview of it through Google Books. Just Google the title and it should come up. Starting to look through it now, but it's an academic look at not only the DT, but King as a writer (and how he should be classified).

Thanks, I'm looking too. Here's a link for the Google Books page on the book - http://books.google.com/books?id=KFLg1zW7hZkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Inside+the+Dark+Tower+Series#v=onepage&q=&f=false