PDA

View Full Version : Auto-motivated

Maturins_Daughter
08-17-2009, 09:42 AM
The sentence can be completed with a car or travel-related word or name. How many can you fill in?

1. The home video of the children running the hundred-yard _____ them to death. [razz - dash bored/dashboard]

2. Why _____ be the only freeze-dried orange juice product that this store sells? must Tang/Mustang

3. Most trombones have slides, but some have _____. [Jon - valves/valves]

4. They drove from Cannes to _____ their French Riviera honeymoon. [Jean - Nice on/Nissan]

5. It takes a lot of selling off of stocks to _____ market into a bear market. convert a bull/convertible

6. Did a realtor negotiate the sale of the _____ Chemical Company bought for its largest factory? land Dow/Landau

7. The merchant hoped that most of the sailors in the _____ be regular customers when they came back to their home port. [Jon & Jean - fleet would/Fleetwood]

8. Movie fans watched Richard _____ from being a heartthrob in Pretty Woman to being a villain in Nowhere to Hide. [Jean - Gere shift/gearshift]

9. Travel guides usually _____ rates for the hotels they describe. show room/showroom

10. Did _____ Larry and Curly a lot of stories? [razz - Moe tell/motel]

11. At news conferences, politicians tend to _____ difficult questions. dodge/Dodge

12. It's difficult for accountants to take long _____ during tax season. breaks/brakes

13. At the director's convention, some people heard Federico Fellini and Carlo _____ all night long about their past accomplishments. [Jean - Ponti yack/Pontiac]

14. The poker player stayed in the pot with only an ace ____ too long. high way/highway

15. Will the rancher to whom you sold the diseased _____ your neck when he finds out the truth? steer wring/steering

16. The more conservative horse racing gambler might say, "When you're at the ____ the long shots and just bet on the favorites." track shun/traction

17. Frank Sinatra sang, "When I was seventeen, it was a very _____." [razz - good year/Goodyear]

18. Can a salesperson who is _____ as well as one who is wordy? terse sell/Tercell

19. Did her Siamese ____ hole in her sweater when he scratched it? [razz - cat tear a/Catera]

20. I don't want to hear another _____ story. [Jon - sob/Saab]

razz
08-17-2009, 10:08 AM
1. The home video of the children running the hundred-yard dashboard them to death.

10. Did motel Larry and Curly a lot of stories?

Jean
08-17-2009, 10:16 AM
4. Nice on (Nissan)

8. Gere/Gear shift [bears are not sure about this one]

13. Ponti yack (Pontiac)

Maturins_Daughter
08-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Off to a good start, razz and Jean :)

razz
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
19. Did her Siamese Catera hole in her sweater when he scratched it?

17. Frank Sinatra sang, "When I was seventeen, it was a very Goodyear."

Maturins_Daughter
08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Another one down! :nana:

Jon
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
3. Valves

20. Saab

Maturins_Daughter
08-19-2009, 07:08 AM
And two more bite the dust. Keep it up!

Jon
08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
#7. Fleet?

#15. Ring? Crane?

Maturins_Daughter
08-20-2009, 06:01 PM
You're kinda close on both of those, Jon.

Jean
08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
7 - fleetwood (fleet would)

alinda
08-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Great game Bonnie, I will return to play....now off to work !!

Maturins_Daughter
08-21-2009, 03:50 AM
And Jean sneaks one in under Jon's nose!

See you soon, alinda!

Jean
08-21-2009, 03:57 AM
I actually think number 7 goes to Jon, bears wouldn't have guessed by themselves (they don't know shit about automobiles) http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gif

Maturins_Daughter
08-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Well, I'll give you both half credit then :)

Maturins_Daughter
09-02-2009, 06:58 AM
And to finish this one off:

2. Why _____ be the only freeze-dried orange juice product that this store sells? must Tang/Mustang

5. It takes a lot of selling off of stocks to _____ market into a bear market. convert a bull/convertible

6. Did a realtor negotiate the sale of the _____ Chemical Company bought for its largest factory? land Dow/Landau

9. Travel guides usually _____ rates for the hotels they describe. show room/showroom

11. At news conferences, politicians tend to _____ difficult questions. dodge/Dodge

12. It's difficult for accountants to take long _____ during tax season. breaks/brakes

14. The poker player stayed in the pot with only an ace ____ too long. high way/highway

15. Will the rancher to whom you sold the diseased _____ your neck when he finds out the truth? steer wring/steering

16. The more conservative horse racing gambler might say, "When you're at the ____ the long shots and just bet on the favorites." track shun/traction

18. Can a salesperson who is _____ as well as one who is wordy? terse sell/Tercell

Jon
09-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Please find others, Ma'am.