PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS Battle #7 – Gambit Vs. The Joker ! Please Vote !

turtlex
07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
We’reeeeeeee Baaaaaaccccck !!! VERSUS COMIC BATTLES RETURN !!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/medium/gambit2.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/joker1.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The seventh VERSUS battle is now open!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

Gambit VERSUS The Joker

Gambit :
Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects. Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths. Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests.

The Joker :
The Joker commits crimes with comedic weapons such as a deck of razor-sharp playing cards, an acid-spewing flower, cyanide pies, exploding cigars filled with nitroglycerin, harpoon guns that utilize razor-sharp BANG!-flags, and a lethally electric joy buzzer. His most prominent weapon is his Joker venom, a deadly poison that infects his victims with a ghoulish rictus grin as they die while laughing uncontrollably. The venom comes in many forms, from gas to darts to liquid poison, and has been his primary calling card from his first appearance. The Joker is highly intelligent and skilled in the fields of chemistry and engineering, as well an expert with explosives. He is believed to be a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against Batman in hand-to-hand combat.

Melike
07-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Pam, this poll is a kind of torture. Just wanted to tell.:huglove:

fernandito
07-22-2009, 08:16 AM
What Melike said. (minus the huglove smilie)

<_<

candy
07-22-2009, 09:28 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i love these vote offs:huglove: i love you pam

turtlex
07-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Pam, this poll is a kind of torture. Just wanted to tell.:huglove:

Yeah, this is sort of a tough battle... but I like it that way! Gives you something to think about. :huglove:

What Melike said. (minus the huglove smilie)

<_<

Feev, you know you love me! :huglove:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i love these vote offs:huglove: i love you pam

:blush: Thanks, candy! I love doing them, so that works out great! :huglove:

( hey and I think I win the "most uses of :huglove: in one posting" award :D )

Woofer
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
And I can vote on these whereas I didn't feel well-versed enough to vote on BGNOAT.

candy
07-22-2009, 10:34 AM
went for gambit in the end. it was a tough one though, as i had to think about who was more dangerous? power or insanity?

Sam
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm going with The Joker on this one.

Melike
07-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I have tried to ignore how cool Gambit is and focus on the war.
*Ok ok... <_< Insanity wins in my book.*

Joker.

John Blaze
07-22-2009, 12:16 PM
the fact that joker uses guns once in a while decided it for me. Gambit.

PLus, he's been my favorite X-man since I was a kid. It's the cajun thing.

Brainslinger
07-22-2009, 07:01 PM
It is difficult. If there were a cross-over comic with the two characters likely Gambit would win (eventually) simply because the hero always seems to win in superhero comics. (In the end, after being bested earlier on, that is.)

To get away from the superhero cliches though, I'd go with The Joker. I think Gambit would be out of his league. I don't know Gambit that well outside of the X-Men cartoons, but I get the impression that while he is fairly bright he is far from the genius level of The Joker. And The Joker's chaotic nature would give him a clear advantage. (Albeit it's his weakness too.)

If it were a one on one fight it's tempting to go with Gambit due to his explosive abilities. Joker keeps plenty of nasty surprises about his person though so that would even out somewhat. I think Gambit would have the edge though in such a bust up, (he can make any object explode) but to get to such a situation the Joker would need to be cornered. The Joker would likely not allow himself into that situation though.

Joker for me. (I like Gambit as a character though. And he has a very interesting unusual power.)

turtlex
07-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Wow, this is a close one.

I think Gambit would take this one. The Joker has a genius criminality, but Gambit has the ability to take him down, I think. Also, Gambit is no fool, he might not be a genius, but he's smart. He doesn't have to get really close to hurt The Joker. He can take him out with a flourish of hits long before The Joker would be able to disable Gambit with his venom.

fernandito
07-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Insanity wins in my book.

Joker.

I :wub: you.

The Joker.

Tvmorbid
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
The Joker is much too insane to be taken out by a few kinetically charged cards! Joker pwns Gambit any day :pirate:

pixiedark76
07-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I think that the joker would win. The joker is crazy so, anything Gambit would do to him the Joker would just stand there and laugh!

John Blaze
07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I don't care how crazy you wanna be, superpowers versus a psycho with none is an easy choice for me.

And yes, he's chaotic, and yes, he's unpredictable, but put them in a room together, without the Joker getting a chance at Gambit's loved ones for leverage, and he's gopt nothing. Even if he did get Gambit's loved ones, what's he gonna do to Rogue? She's even more deadly than Gambit. :P

flaggwalkstheline
07-24-2009, 09:05 AM
there are very few people in dc universe or marvel universe who can take on the joker, he is very similar to batman in that he ALWAYS has a plan

razz
07-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Once again I'm on the losing side with Gambit <_<

candy
07-24-2009, 10:10 AM
But if more people vote for him he wont be on the loosing side
(it makes sense if you think about it):cool:

LadyHitchhiker
07-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Tooooough one.

turtlex
07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
You know "having a plan" is all well and good... but I'm not sure how great a "plan" will stand up against a deck of cards charged with energy coming at your face!!!

Gambit wins this one !!!!

flaggwalkstheline
07-24-2009, 08:50 PM
You know "having a plan" is all well and good... but I'm not sure how great a "plan" will stand up against a deck of cards charged with energy coming at your face!!!

Gambit wins this one !!!!

eh everybody can lob exploding stuff, gambit just has an easier time of it

acid squirting flowers, lethal laughing gas and boxing gloves?
thats:cool: style

LastGuns1nger
07-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I have been collect comics for 14 years i own ove r20 thousand dollars worth of comics so when i speak im not just speaking out of my ass

The joker is a lunatic in every sense of the word
he kills without reason
he has beaten batman sensless and blown up the second robin jason todd
he got mxylpitilks powers and became emperor of earth
and he thinks that only batman and he are real
that everyone and everything is a made up so that they can
have their epic battles

Gambit is an xmen with the mutant ability of charging objects with kinetic energy to the point that they explode he can control the amount of energy he uses in each object
he is a very skilled fighter
and has been on the xmen for years
he is also a clone of mr sinister every 100 years he clones a new body
and places his mind into the new body
but this clone broke free and made its own memories

on saying all that
the joker would use guns and acid and anything he could
gambit would use his powers his bo staff and his fighting abilities
it would be an amazing fight but gambit would win
he might be a hero but he will kill if he has too

Odetta
07-24-2009, 09:28 PM
The Joker...

because he kicks ass.

that is all

John Blaze
07-24-2009, 10:58 PM
A very eloquent, concise, and well thought out summary, Detta. You might change my mind.:unsure:

turtlex
07-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Welcome to the site LastGuns1nger... and since I agree.... Well said! :lol:

I love when O does an "O"pinion Drive-by!!!

Lily-sai
07-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Gambit.

I just love Remy Etienne LeBeau (and isn't that a lovely name, too?). :wub:
And he kicks ass, too.

turtlex
07-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Gambit.

I just love Remy Etienne LeBeau (and isn't that a lovely name, too?). :wub:
And he kicks ass, too.

This!

Darkthoughts
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Ha! I tied the votes :D

Gambit all the way.

Yes...

...it is just because I want to snog him.

Lily-sai
07-27-2009, 01:20 PM
oooooohhh, Lisa, me too!

:lol:

Darkthoughts
07-27-2009, 01:21 PM
:lol: :couple:

turtlex
07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Ha! I tied the votes :D

Gambit all the way.

Yes...

...it is just because I want to snog him.

Since Gambit is my pick... I have no problem with that. :grouphug:

Darkthoughts
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
:D He is my favourite male X-Men character all snogging aside, just as Rogue has always been my favourite female X-er :thumbsup:

I love the Joker, but I think that sort of power that relies on the unpredicatability of your own insanity, is more fallable in the long run.

turtlex
07-27-2009, 01:50 PM
:D He is my favourite male X-Men character all snogging aside, just as Rogue has always been my favourite female X-er :thumbsup:

I love them both as well... :couple:

http://www.torredearilin.blogger.com.br/gambit&rogue10.jpg
http://www.dragonhero.com/graphics/X-Women/Rogue_Gambit.jpg

John Blaze
07-27-2009, 05:46 PM

I love them both as well... :couple:

http://www.torredearilin.blogger.com.br/gambit&rogue10.jpg
http://www.dragonhero.com/graphics/X-Women/Rogue_Gambit.jpg
this one's always seemed so romantic to me, I have a color version on my refrigerator.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/BrunoBaca/GambitandRogue-1.jpg

Lily-sai
07-28-2009, 12:23 AM
*sigh*

*drools a little*

.. what? oh, thanks, JB! <3

turtlex
07-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Okay, so back to why Gambit would be able to take The Joker... I think it all lies in the fact that he's got mutant ability, while The Joker does not.

Gambit is able to charge any organic or non-organic matter within his line of sight through thought. He doesn't even have to get close to The Joker to completely bombard him with energy charged objects.

Also, in fighting against The Joker - During combat, Gambit customarily wears a suit of highly articulated light body armor and uses a telescopic metal staff. He is extensively trained in martial arts, particularly French kick-boxing or savate.

Gambit would kick The Joker's arse.

turtlex
07-29-2009, 07:25 AM
And we are all tied up !!!!

candy
07-29-2009, 11:38 AM
12/12 is exciting stuff:ninja:

Melike
07-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Are we allowed to make signatures to have more votes for our favorite?

:innocent:

turtlex
07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Melike - For sure !! Bring as many people over to the Comic Tower as you can !!!

Melike
07-30-2009, 08:25 AM
But.. It is still 12/12.

turtlex
07-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Then you probably should have written... VOTE FOR GAMBIT !!! :lol:

John Blaze
07-30-2009, 10:16 AM

Melike
07-31-2009, 02:52 AM

Never.

Brice
07-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Is it okay for me to start a who should I vote for thread? :P

Lily-sai
07-31-2009, 06:37 AM
when brice goes to sleep today he starts to hear eerie whispering in his ears: 'gambit. gambit. gambit.' :ninja:

turtlex
07-31-2009, 06:41 AM
Brice should always listen to Liisa, Brice should always listen to Liisa, Brice should always listen to Liisa.

Vote Gambit, Vote Gambit, Vote Gambit, Vote Gambit

Odetta
07-31-2009, 06:48 AM

that's how I roll, baby! :pirate:

Melike
07-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Is it okay for me to start a who should I vote for thread? :P

when brice goes to sleep today he starts to hear eerie whispering in his ears: 'gambit. gambit. gambit.' :ninja:

Brice should always listen to Liisa, Brice should always listen to Liisa, Brice should always listen to Liisa.

Vote Gambit, Vote Gambit, Vote Gambit, Vote Gambit

that's how I roll, baby! :pirate:

Bricey. Gambit is 13. Did you really do that? :(
Anyway, I am going to haunt you for the rest of my life. :nope:

flaggwalkstheline
07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
ooooo somebodies getting the joker's patented smiley toxin treatment when they least expect it:onfire::P

turtlex
07-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Bricey. Gambit is 13. Did you really do that? :(
Anyway, I am going to haunt you for the rest of my life. :nope:

Haunting him? Is that supposed to be punishment... or dream come true?

:D

Brice
07-31-2009, 08:02 AM
Melike always haunts me, and I HATE her for it. She removed me from her sig though. <_< I am not amused. :nope: She wants my vote, but removed ME? :cry:

Melike
07-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Melike always haunts me, and I HATE her for it. She removed me from her sig though. <_< I am not amused. :nope: She wants my vote, but removed ME? :cry:

But, Bricey, you can not say anything.

First you didn't keep your promise. <_< Where is my drawing?

And you didn't post your new picture that I would use as avatar?

So, I will haunt you.

Brice
07-31-2009, 08:32 AM

So, I will haunt you.

I also didn't break my promise. No time frame was set for the drawing and you will have pics soon, I promise.

And of course you will haunt me. :D

Melike
07-31-2009, 08:51 AM

So, I will haunt you.

I also didn't break my promise. No time frame was set for the drawing and you will have pics soon, I promise.

Hah hah ha hah. You are sneaky, Bricey. L:wub:ve you.

Of course I will.

And, I see Joker is 13, too.

:evil:

Brice
07-31-2009, 08:53 AM

So, I will haunt you.

Hah hah ha hah. You are sneaky, Bricey. L:wub:ve you.
Of course I will.

And, I see Joker is 13, too.

:evil:

:innocent: I wonder how that might have happened. :orely:

And I thought you h:wub:ted me.

Brainslinger
07-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Gambit is able to charge any organic or non-organic matter within his line of sight through thought. He doesn't even have to get close to The Joker to completely bombard him with energy charged objects.

Hmm. That, I didn't know. I thought he had to touch stuff. Certainly puts things in another perspective. I think the Joker is very good at keeping hidden when he wants to though. And setting up booby traps elsewhere. In short he would do with technology what Gambit would do with powers. (Not literally in terms of charging stuff up, I don't mean. In effect, leaving bombs, etc.) That's assuming he has time for preparation, of course.

If he can prepare, I think Joker wins. A straight up mash up... then I'd go with Gambit.

Gambit would kick The Joker's arse.

You used the naughty British spelling of 'arse'! ;)

turtlex
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
13 to 13 ... Cripes!

pookie
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
The Joker is creepy. Is that reason enough to vote for Gambit?

turtlex
08-01-2009, 04:58 AM

Yes, completely. That is all the reasoning you need to vote for Gambit!

candy
08-01-2009, 05:21 AM
wow, this one is really tight!!!!!

Brice
08-01-2009, 05:24 AM

It just means Gambit will get scared and run. :)

turtlex
08-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Gambit would NOT get scared and run !!!! Brice !!!!!!

Odetta
08-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Gambit would run like a little sissy! :onfire:

turtlex
08-01-2009, 01:09 PM
The Joker would sit in the corner and giggle like a maniac Elmo on crack.

candy
08-01-2009, 01:13 PM
you tell em Pam!!!!:couple:

turtlex
08-01-2009, 01:17 PM
:couple:

Melike
08-02-2009, 11:45 PM
14 to 14? Oh.

turtlex
08-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Yup. It's all tied up !!

This is a close one - I've gotta close the poll soon, so please vote ( and tell your friends to vote for Gambit ).

This is our closest battle yet !!

Melike
08-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Yup. It's all tied up !!

This is a close one - I've gotta close the poll soon, so please vote ( and tell your friends to vote for Gambit ).

This is our closest battle yet !!

:lol: :huglove:

turtlex
08-03-2009, 02:53 AM
I just want to take a moment to remind people that this is a head-to-head battle, so The Joker will have no Jokerettes or henchmen... thus, Gambit will kick his make-up wearing buttocks. That is all.

flaggwalkstheline
08-03-2009, 06:28 AM
gambit is a mutant of beta level power and is quite crafty
However the joker is one of the most dangerous people in the DC universe and anyone who cant outthink him would lose, this includes gambit because crafty is not the same as evil super genius badass

turtlex
08-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, but all of Joker's plans use a gaggle of henchmen... what does he himself do in a battle?!?

They're fighting... not trying to see who would plan the perfect crime.

Tvmorbid
08-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah, but all of Joker's plans use a gaggle of henchmen... what does he himself do in a battle?!?

They're fighting... not trying to see who would plan the perfect crime.

I think it should be pointed out that recently The Joker has been shot in the forehead at point blank range (he still a damned hole there!) and is still wandering around causing havoc. I'd like to see Gambit come back after that!

turtlex
08-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd like to see the Joker get off an accurate shot where he could hit Remy in the forehead. Not gonna happen.

Tvmorbid
08-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh come ooooooon, Remy is athletic it's true but he's no Spider-Man or Dare Devil. The Joker could pick him off easily.

flaggwalkstheline
08-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh come ooooooon, Remy is athletic it's true but he's no Spider-Man or Dare Devil. The Joker could pick him off easily.

exActly

the only superhero who could take on joker is batman
I only follow DC loosely but I'm curious if there will be any storys about the joker running wild with no batman to stop him after RIP/Final Crisis?
that'd be so cool

cozener
08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I just voted for the Joker because he's like, y'know, much cooler than Gambit.

candy
08-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I just voted for the Joker because he's like, y'know, much cooler than Gambit.

:owhats all this crazy talk!!! have you got a temperature? obviously you're not feeling very well. I am sure when you are feeling better they will change your vote back to gambit as that what you really wanted to vote for:P

turtlex
08-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh, you're killing me !!!

I'm not saying Remy is Daredevil, but the Joker is insane!!! He's a nut bag. You're telling me he could get off a shot, while Remy was aware he was being aimed at, and hit him in the forehead? All the while Gambit is bombing him with energy charged objects? Folks? That's not going to happen.

And a quick comment on DC - Batwoman has taken over Detective Comics for a while, so it's not like no one is looking after the city since Batman is gone.

Tvmorbid
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh, you're killing me !!!

I'm not saying Remy is Daredevil, but the Joker is insane!!! He's a nut bag. You're telling me he could get off a shot, while Remy was aware he was being aimed at, and hit him in the forehead? All the while Gambit is bombing him with energy charged objects? Folks? That's not going to happen.

And a quick comment on DC - Batwoman has taken over Detective Comics for a while, so it's not like no one is looking after the city since Batman is gone.

Also Dick Grayson has taken over as Batman with Tim Drake as Robin, so there's no shortage of Bats in Gotham :)

Anyway, Joker does not necessarily have to hit Gambit in the head, I was just mentioning that Joker had been shot in the head recently. Joker may be a nutball, doesn't mean he's not one of the greatest criminal minds going though, it's his insanity which gives him the edge over the competition :D

Votes are currently 15 - 14 in favour of Joker, when does this poll end btw? :P

turtlex
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I am going to close the poll on Thursday !!!

So... start paying your friends in Beam Bucks to vote for your favorite !!!

flaggwalkstheline
08-03-2009, 02:37 PM
this right here is one of the many reasons joker is a badass and would own that mutie

YouTube - Batman89 - Joker Electrocutes Gangster

turtlex
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Dude - we're talking comics, not movies! :P

And if we were talking movies... We'd be talking Ledger, not Jack ! :rock:

Tvmorbid
08-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Fine then, if we're talking comics, check this out:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1205/429btj3.jpg

Pretty bad ass yes?

turtlex
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
No. :P

http://www.acomicshop.com/web/toppicks/2009/06172009/gambit1.jpg

Tvmorbid
08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
He wears pink! PINK! I mean really, tell me one decent hero or villain who ever wore pink!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/statusainthood/Galactus442x350.jpg

OK I withdraw my statement!

turtlex
08-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Um, Joker has green hair... there's only one character that can pull off the green hair thing ...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3133/108351-148069-polaris_large.jpg

And Polaris would kick his buttocks too, but that's a battle for a different day!

VOTE GAMBIT !!!

cozener
08-04-2009, 04:17 AM
WHAT?! Joker MADE GREEN HAIR COOL!

That mutie hobag would never have even thought of it if she hadn't have seen Joker with it first!

turtlex
08-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Dude - You are going to bring down the wrath of the X-Men on you!!! :panic:

cozener
08-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Bah! Bring it! I’ll beat Wolverine’s sissy ass into next week! I’ll rip out Cyclops’ heart and give it to Jean Grey as a Valentines’ Day present! (cuz she's cute...for a mutie) I’ll take Xavier’s bald head and…oh wait…actually I kinda like him...nevermind that one. I’ll punk Storm’s ass and pimp her out for ten bucks a pop!

Whew...ok. I'm done. :cool: Was it good for you?

turtlex
08-04-2009, 04:48 AM
No... I think you were going solo there, Coz! :P

Poll closes on Thursday !!!
Vote! VOte!! VOTe!!! VOTE!!!! for Gambit !

flaggwalkstheline
08-04-2009, 06:29 AM
I have a question:
How many truly great gambit storys are there?
I'm only a casual x men fan so the only ones I can think of that really involve him are the age of apocalypse and I know him and sunfire joined up with mr sinister after the house of M in the blood of apocalypse story
But the only story I cna think of with him as a main character was that one in ultimate xmen..
Joker on the other hand is involved in and sometimes stars in quite a few iconic stories, Arkham asylum, the man who laughs, azzarello's Joker, emperor joker, the list goes on and on...

Melike
08-04-2009, 06:56 AM
WHAT?! Joker MADE GREEN HAIR COOL!

That mutie hobag would never have even thought of it if she hadn't have seen Joker with it first!

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Tvmorbid
08-04-2009, 07:32 AM
I have a question:
How many truly great gambit storys are there?
I'm only a casual x men fan so the only ones I can think of that really involve him are the age of apocalypse and I know him and sunfire joined up with mr sinister after the house of M in the blood of apocalypse story
But the only story I cna think of with him as a main character was that one in ultimate xmen..
Joker on the other hand is involved in and sometimes stars in quite a few iconic stories, Arkham asylum, the man who laughs, azzarello's Joker, emperor joker, the list goes on and on...

I love this guy! :D

On the subject of green hair, Doc Samson has it. And he can punch out The Hulk. Yet another bad-ass.

http://z.about.com/d/comicbooks/1/0/2/V/docsamson.jpg

turtlex
08-04-2009, 07:40 AM
I feel picked on... and crushed ... and my feelings are hurt...

... and would like to request that all sympathy votes be directed to Gambit.

Thank you.

Tvmorbid
08-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Oooooh nice try my dear but you shouldn't have backed a losing horse. Also, I feel my new sig will hopefully bring in some more votes to the much deserved winner :D

candy
08-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I feel picked on... and crushed ... and my feelings are hurt...

... and would like to request that all sympathy votes be directed to Gambit.

Thank you.

:huglove:ignore the mean people!:grouphug:
We know who we want on our side in a fight and we know that we would win.
Gambit lops off jokers crazy arse head before he even gets time to let out an insane cackle

GAME SET AND MATCH TO GAMBIT
thank you, thank you very much :bowingsmillie;

turtlex
08-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah!! What candy said !! Yeah !!!

Tvmorbid
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM
The people are currently disagreeing with Candy's statement http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Tvmorbid/Smileys/fuck.gif

turtlex
08-04-2009, 10:19 AM
You've obviously never seen candy. :wub:

candy
08-04-2009, 10:27 AM
:lol:yep! as we like to say in the UK
built like a brick shit house
so be scared:shoot:

cozener
08-04-2009, 10:49 AM
We know who we want on our side in a fight Well yeah. I'd much rather have Gambit on my side in a fight but not because I think he can take the Joker. Its because Joker might take me out as soon as the fight is over just for laughs. I don't want that crazy fuck anywhere near me.

so be scared:shoot: Really? You should post some revealing pics on FB :D

Tvmorbid
08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
so be scared:shoot:

Aaaaah I do love that phrase. But as I'm sure Candy does not live near me I shall carry on disagreeing with her until I find out otherwise (possibly through some kind of head trauma.)

turtlex
08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
All kidding aside folks - Gambit can, like, stand down the street from The Joker, and pelt him with energy charged object... how can the Joker defend that?!?

Gambit wins.

Tvmorbid
08-04-2009, 02:08 PM
By Shooting him. With a gun. Or chucking some Joker venom gas grenades at him. Or laughing so much is puts Gambit off so The Joker can kick several shades of kaka out of him.

fernandito
08-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Close the poll! :lol:

flaggwalkstheline
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
All kidding aside folks - Gambit can, like, stand down the street from The Joker, and pelt him with energy charged object... how can the Joker defend that?!?

Gambit wins.

adding on to an earlier post I said, I looked it up on CBR to find out that gambit had a solo series for lie 7 years! I couldnt find any information on it beyond that it did exist

to paraphrase jessica rabbit "he's not bad, he's just written that way"
7 years and no noteworthy stories= lameness!

the people have spoken
Joker would kill gambit

turtlex
08-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Folks, folks !!! ( Feev!!! )

Just because Gambit hasn't had the better storylines, doesn't mean the Joker ( better written ) would beat him!

Info from Marvel : Read up mister flagg !! He can control deadly gas !!

Powers
Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects. / As Death: He can control deadly gas

After surgery performed by Mister Sinister, Gambit's powers were restored to their natural potential. He was able to use his power simply by looking at an object that he wished to charge, including living tissue. Gambit could also manipulate the potency of the energy release and could even exercise a measure of control over time. Following his climactic battle with the New Sun, Gambit lost this enhanced level of power.

Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths.

Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.

Abilities
Gambit is bilingual in English and French, and also possesses the ability to throw small objects - including knives, throwing spikes, and playing cards - with extraordinary accuracy. He is also a skilled duelist and fencer.

Paraphernalia
Gambit often wields playing cards and telescopic bo staff.

First Appearance
(as Gambit) Uncanny X-Men #266 (1990), (as Death) X-Men #184 (2006)

Origin
Gambit #1 (1999); X-Men #8 (1992)

Significant Issues
Assembled Marauders (Uncanny X-Men #350, 1997); first encountered Storm (Uncanny X-Men #266, 1990); joined X-Men (Uncanny X-Men Annual #14, 1990); began romance with Rogue (X-Men #4, 1992); put on trial by Magneto (Uncanny X-Men #350, 1997); rescued by New Son (Gambit #½, 1999); returned to X-Men (Uncanny X-Men #361/X-Men #81, 1998 ); regained full powers (Gambit #16, 2000); formed Unified Guild (Gambit #19, 2000 ); vs New Sun (Gambit #24, 2001); lost powers (X-Treme X-Men #16-19, 2002); powers restored, rejoined X-Men (X-Treme X-Men #46, 2004); joined Apocalypse, became Death (X-Men #184, 2006); rejoined Marauders (X-Men #200, 2007); left Marauders (X-Men #207)

GAMBIT WOULD WIN A BATTLE WITH THE JOKER !!!

All About Remy (http://marvel.com/universe/Gambit)

flaggwalkstheline
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Folks, folks !!! ( Feev!!! )

Just because Gambit hasn't had the better storylines, doesn't mean the Joker ( better written ) would beat him!

Info from Marvel : Read up mister flagg !! He can control deadly gas !!

Powers
Gambit has the mutant ability to tap into the potential energy contained within an object and transform it into kinetic energy upon touching it. When Gambit thus charges an object and throws it at a target, the object releases this energy explosively on impact. Gambit is unable to use this power to charge living objects. / As Death: He can control deadly gas

After surgery performed by Mister Sinister, Gambit's powers were restored to their natural potential. He was able to use his power simply by looking at an object that he wished to charge, including living tissue. Gambit could also manipulate the potency of the energy release and could even exercise a measure of control over time. Following his climactic battle with the New Sun, Gambit lost this enhanced level of power.

Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity, as well as creating a static interference that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the most powerful telepaths.

Gambit also possesses a hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.

Abilities
Gambit is bilingual in English and French, and also possesses the ability to throw small objects - including knives, throwing spikes, and playing cards - with extraordinary accuracy. He is also a skilled duelist and fencer.

Paraphernalia
Gambit often wields playing cards and telescopic bo staff.

First Appearance
(as Gambit) Uncanny X-Men #266 (1990), (as Death) X-Men #184 (2006)

Origin
Gambit #1 (1999); X-Men #8 (1992)

Significant Issues
Assembled Marauders (Uncanny X-Men #350, 1997); first encountered Storm (Uncanny X-Men #266, 1990); joined X-Men (Uncanny X-Men Annual #14, 1990); began romance with Rogue (X-Men #4, 1992); put on trial by Magneto (Uncanny X-Men #350, 1997); rescued by New Son (Gambit #½, 1999); returned to X-Men (Uncanny X-Men #361/X-Men #81, 1998 ); regained full powers (Gambit #16, 2000); formed Unified Guild (Gambit #19, 2000 ); vs New Sun (Gambit #24, 2001); lost powers (X-Treme X-Men #16-19, 2002); powers restored, rejoined X-Men (X-Treme X-Men #46, 2004); joined Apocalypse, became Death (X-Men #184, 2006); rejoined Marauders (X-Men #200, 2007); left Marauders (X-Men #207)

GAMBIT WOULD WIN A BATTLE WITH THE JOKER !!!

sounds like you're going to demand a recount any minute now:P:panic::rock:

turtlex
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Can I demand a recount?!?!

No one told me that !!

:P

Tvmorbid
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Welllllll someone else has voted for Gambit, seems like your propaganda is working Turtlex. What will happen in the event of a tie?

turtlex
08-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Propaganda?! Hummph!

You know? We never had a tie - I guess it will close a tie and we'll do a rematch at a later time.

Tvmorbid
08-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Propaganda?! Hummph!

You know? We never had a tie - I guess it will close a tie and we'll do a rematch at a later time.

A rematch!? Good gods woman it's taking enough energy keeping up with your smear campaign this time around, I dread to think what underhanded tricks you'll come up with next time! ;)

turtlex
08-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Underhanded tricks are the playgrounds of simple minds. I won't go there, don't worry. :D

candy
08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
oh its so exciting, i am going to have no nails left at this rate
so i need someone to vote for gambit as i like have my nails all long!!! and painted red at the weekend

rosie real
08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
i'm so sorry pam. you know that i love you right. but i had to vote for the joker. he came to me in my sleep you see, and told me that i complete him. what is a girl supposed to do with that? just ignore it? oh, and he promised to tell me how he got those scars if i voted for him. and he promised that when he takes over, i'll be spared.

+
+
+
+
+
+
+

hey - you don't think he was lying just to get me to vote for him do you? you don't think those were just *gasp* CAMPAIGN PROMISES do you? :panic:

flaggwalkstheline
08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Hooray
Joker wins

My gloating laughter would not do justice to the gloating laughter of the great clown himself
this is for gambit:excited:

YouTube - Joker laugh

Tvmorbid
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I'd just like to take this opportunity to go:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Tvmorbid/Smileys/Insane.gif
and
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Tvmorbid/Smileys/Guitar.gif
with
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Tvmorbid/Smileys/Dance.gif
and possibly even
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/Tvmorbid/Smileys/rave.gif

YAY!

turtlex
08-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Closing this today when I get home from work ( probably just after 3:30pm Eastern Time ).

Please vote !!!

pookie
08-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Just a few statistics from a major online comic site:

Number of issues in which the character appears:
Gambit: 678
The Joker: 550

Power Ranking with 1 being the most powerful:
Gambit: 36
The Joker: 177

Not sure what criteria you jokers who voted for The Joker are using but it seems to be emotional voting and not truly based upon the contestants powers. Or perhaps it's simply the underdog phenomena. You feel sorry for The Joker so you voted for him. What a shame.

Tvmorbid
08-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Feel sorry?! Hell no! I voted Joker because I honestly believe he could best Gambit in a fight, using his wit and insanity :)

flaggwalkstheline
08-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm starting to suspect that turtlex may be karl rove in disguise!:orely:

how the hell did someone else get convinced to vote for remy?

turtlex
08-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Flagg - I'll take a lot of things, but did you just call me a REPUBLICAN !!!!???!!!! :shoot:

You take that back! Right now !!!

Obviously, someone was convinced because they looked at the facts and realized Gambit would beat Joker without a doubt.

Insane doesn't always win during a BATTLE !!! As a matter of fact, some would consider it a hinderance !!!

turtlex
08-06-2009, 11:49 AM
This battle is closed and we have our very first ...

!!! DRAW / TIE !!!

I want to thank everyone for voting and voicing your opinions!

I love our community here!

We'll put this battle up again sometime in the future and let them duke it out once more.