PDA

View Full Version : "The Raft"

Grillslinger
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Here's a drawing from King's sotry, "The Raft". It's always been one of my favorites.
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/249/b/d/Deke_by_nosprings.jpg

Matt
09-06-2007, 02:36 PM
That is very cool Alberto, the wood detail is great.

Was it uploaded to the fan art section in the gallery?

MonteGss
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
It's been a while since I've read that one.

Is that the story where:

the main character eats himself to death?

Cool picture btw!

jhanic
09-06-2007, 05:35 PM
No, that story is Survivor Type.

John

MonteGss
09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
No, that story is Survivor Type.

John

Thanks, friend! :)

sarah
09-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Great picture, Grillslinger. Thanks for posting.

Grillslinger
09-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I have a question....but I'd rather only ask those who have read the story. I don't want to spoil the details for anyone who hasn't read it. If you're familiar with the story, click here.

In the story, the "oil slick" comes up under the raft, and latches on to Deke's foot. It starts crushing and dissolving it so that it can be pulled in through a space between the boards. I'm not sure I've pulled off the effect that I want. Does it look like his foot is being forced through the crack? Or does it just look like it's been torn off? Any feedback on this, and what may be wrong with the effect would be appreciated.

Matt, I'm not sure I know how to do that! :orely:

Jean
09-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Grillslinger: your picture is great, but answering your question, I'm afraid it's the latter.

Matt
09-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I have a question....but I'd rather only ask those who have read the story. I don't want to spoil the details for anyone who hasn't read it. If you're familiar with the story, click here.

In the story, the "oil slick" comes up under the raft, and latches on to Deke's foot. It starts crushing and dissolving it so that it can be pulled in through a space between the boards. I'm not sure I've pulled off the effect that I want. Does it look like his foot is being forced through the crack? Or does it just look like it's been torn off? Any feedback on this, and what may be wrong with the effect would be appreciated.

Matt, I'm not sure I know how to do that! :orely:

I will send you a PM over lunch and we'll look at it. :couple:

Erin
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I really love the picture Grillslinger!

But yes, it looked to me upon first glance that the leg had been cut off.

I REALLY like the drawing though. :thumbsup:

Storyslinger
09-17-2007, 07:30 AM
nice work