PDA

View Full Version : Ka

Letti
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Ka is some kind of untouchable force or will that shapes the future and the fate of people.

It's not easy to define this word because it has way too many meanings (like most of the important words in High Speech). We can translate it 'destiny'.

mystima
07-17-2009, 12:10 PM
From all the DT books and its sisters it sounds like to me that it is a series of different situations. It could be fate, destiny, or the repetition of history...you know the phrase 'history repeats itself'...that's what i believe the term 'ka is a wheel' means.

Letti
07-17-2009, 12:16 PM
From all the DT books and its sisters it sounds like to me that it is a series of different situations. It could be fate, destiny, or the repetition of history...you know the phrase 'history repeats itself'...that's what i believe the term 'ka is a wheel' means.

You are absolutely right. Right now I am trying to write short definitions but most of them will need to be extended and ka is certainly one of them.

pathoftheturtle
07-21-2009, 08:10 AM
ka /noun/:
1. destiny (the power or agency that determines the course of events, something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing)
2. duty (required action, something that must be performed or completed)
3. spirit (a dominant tendency or character, the vital principle in humans which animates the body)