PDA

View Full Version : DT.com Fantasy Football League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

SpaceMaN
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Fantasy football season (and hence football season, and pick-em season) is nearing. If anyone would like to be in a dt.com league, I'll gladly set one up for either an auto-draft or a live (online) draft if we can coordinate it in time. That's why I mention it in July. I'd do it on espn.com, as they have free live scoring. Either say something in here or send me a message on here or at spacemany0@yahoo.com ,,,, other details will be discussed once we see if we have enough people interested to run a decent league. (at least 6, preferably 10, maximum 14 or 16 (teams get thinner with more than 12 teams, 10 teams lets everyone have a decently good shot))

I appreciate all your input and will answer any questions you have as best I can.

Jon
07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I might do so. I have no idea how to do this though.

(I find myself saying that a lot.)

Ozymandias
07-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I'll definitely do it. I usually only stick with baseball drafts but I've been wanting to try a football one

jayson
07-02-2009, 06:36 PM
i'll definitely play :)

SkippyD023
07-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I would be interested in joining in.

candy
07-03-2009, 11:20 AM
I might do so. I have no idea how to do this though.

(I find myself saying that a lot.)

:lol:me too jon

i would like join,
they have this at work and because i am a girlie i never get asked:cowboy:

RUBE
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Sign me up.

SpaceMaN
07-03-2009, 04:40 PM
well like i said, i'll see how it goes and set up a league soon, i'd much prefer a live online draft, as then you can get who you actually want... So any suggestions on when would be a good time for everyone? It would be really nice to have everyone there to draft. I can set up a private league no problem, if more than 12 want to play (11 plus me) I could possibly do two separate ones, where I'd play in one and just commish the other one. That would kind of split champs but I think 12 teams should be the cutoff. Good to hear from all of you, keep it coming! Once I get it set up, I'll either ask for email addresses or post the password(s) in here. Oh yeah, you must have an espn.com account to do the live drafting or even be in a league. It's all free though. Keep me posted.

quick edit: there's no need for previous experience, although it would help you if you have played before. Before any drafting I will post all rules and scoring in here and it will be on the league page on the site.

RUBE
07-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I would like a live draft as well but I have no idea what time would be a good one. How long before the season can you do the draft?

SpaceMaN
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I've already drafted 3 or 4 teams, it's ready to go now, I'd just have to set it up. I've got one set up now for a 10 team league. You can go here: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=116336
to see the league page, although there won't be anything on it until we draft and get all the teams. I guess first 9 replies gets in the first league. If you don't plan on participating all the way through, please let someone who will take your place.

So far participants are:
1. SpaceMaN
2. Jon
3. Ozymandias
4. R of G
5. SkippyD023
6. Candy
7. Rube

Please send me a PM here to confirm your wish to join, including an e-mail address to send the league invite to.

If we fill it up, we can post draft in here (would take a long ass time, but it's doable if we start early enough.)

Come on people, I'd really like to see this happen, and will even make a prize for the winner.

ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!

RUBE
07-06-2009, 05:54 PM
You should PM Needful Kings. I bet he would participate.

NeedfulKings
07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I wish I could say "yes" but I've never been into the Fantasy thing, and I don't know that I can properly invest the time. I hope you understand. :couple:

I will run the pick-em contest as usual, so hope all will join there too.

SpaceMaN
07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Ahh, come on Bill, it requires about 5 minutes tuesday to set your lineup for the next week, subbing for byes and all that. If you don't want you don't have to, but it's really fun and makes you way more interested in the games.

Also, I've got confirmations now from Rube, R of G, candy, and skippyD023. I'll be sending those emails today, and we'll see what happens.

SpaceMaN
07-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Sent league invite e-mails to the 5 people who have confirmed interest.

Oh and so everyone knows, if I'm not around for a week or so, I still check in, it's just that I have a pinched nerve in my back so I'm not very mobile. I will get this going though, if we get 4 more participants. If not I'll shrink the league and re-send invites to a different league. Come on people only 55 days till the season starts!

RUBE
07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
What about Randall Flagg or John Blaze? They always participate in the pick-em contest and do pretty well.

Jon
07-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I suspect you should give up on me. I have very limited time until two weeks from now.

SpaceMaN
07-17-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm not as into this board as many of you are, feel free to invite people you think might play to check out this thread and possibly join the league. Jon, you're in if you wish, the season is a month and a half away.

candy
07-17-2009, 10:10 AM
wow!! they are dropping like flies spaceman.
well i'm all ready with a pre draft team (apparantley???) and ready to play, i hope more people join, i shall ask aroun

SpaceMaN
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
four of the five i've sent invites to have joined, R of G being the exception. with me, that's 6 teams, only 4 more and the league is a go. I know, the season is more than a month away, but I'd like to get it set up now to make sure we have one.

Spencer
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I'll get in on this, as long as I don't end up with Derek Anderson as my QB, I'm good.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
I'll play.

Though this will be my foray into Fantasy Football.
(Though don't let that lead you to believe that I am an amateur football fan. Just never played fantasy ball)

RUBE
07-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Spencer and BC, did you PM SpaceMan your e-mail addresses so he could send you an invite to the league? Just wondering because when I last checked it there was still only four teams set up.

SpaceMaN
07-27-2009, 08:49 AM
sent invite to Browning's Childe to join. I'll have to look around and see if I can find Spencer's email addy. I don't know where I learned my math either, if Spencer joins, then we have 3 more spots to fill.

SpaceMaN
08-02-2009, 05:56 AM
About a month to go, and still waiting for 3 or 4 more participants to get the teams ready.

NeedfulKings
08-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I'll get in on this, as long as I don't end up with Derek Anderson as my QB, I'm good.

He was SO frustrating as a college QB (here at Oregon State), but managed to garner success. I was shocked to see him starting in the NFL. He's got the size, but his feet are like cement at times. :doh:

SpaceMaN
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Preseason starts today so we got about a month to fill in the league.

SpaceMaN
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
still needing 3 participants, and Spencer's email address. 29 days or so till kickoff, so 26 or so until we need to launch the league.

Merlin1958
08-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Yahoo has a free service and I already have (and have had teams) there if that factors at all. I would be interested in whatever you come up with in the end though. I've been playing in several free and non-free leagues with my son for 5 years now.

SpaceMaN
08-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I have a league set up on espn.com with 6 members of the site already signed up, with room for 3 or 4 more. I'd love to have you join if you'd like, just send me a pm with an email address to send the invite to. If you don't have an espn.com account, you'll have to sign up, but it's all free, with free live scoring, a feature I love, which on yahoo costs a price. If you know of anyone else here on dt.com, let them know about it too. As close as it's getting, I'll have to say first come first served from here out.

Thank you and have a great day.

SpaceMaN
08-12-2009, 12:36 PM
sent invites to Spencer and Merlin1958

2 spots still available, get in if you wish.

educatedlady
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
I'll play...I may need some coaching, however, since I've never done this before.

SpaceMaN
08-14-2009, 09:27 AM
that's fine, it's all for fun. sent invite to you.

Merlin1958
08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm all set I think. Are you ready for some FOOTBALL????????????

:panic::panic::panic:

Spencer
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I have to set up an account or something, I'll get that done.

SpaceMaN
08-19-2009, 01:28 PM
please do. after that we have one open spot available. 22 days till kickoff.

educatedlady
08-20-2009, 04:01 PM
So, how do we get players. I'm so confused. :)

RUBE
08-20-2009, 05:42 PM
We will have a draft once we have 10 players. We were going to do it here but now that it is getting close to the season I think that Spaceman may have the ESPN website do an autodraft for us. To do that you would rank the players according to how you think you would draft them and then the website will give you the best available player according to your list each time it gets to you pick.

SpaceMaN
08-20-2009, 06:04 PM
RUBE explained it well. If you go to your team page (with no players) there should be an option to pre-draft rank them. Not sure if it goes pick for pick, but if you rank someone they have 30th around 10th, you'll more than likely get them, unless someone else had them higher. Sucks to auto-draft, I know, but a post draft would take eons, seeing as how it's been a month and we still only have 8 registered players. Waiting for Spencer to confirm and join as the 9th, the 10th spot is still up for grabs. I'll say it now, if no one from here joins by September 1st, I'll have one of my brothers take the final spot, so we can get some players and possibly trade before the season starts.

SpaceMaN
08-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh, and Spencer, you can exclude players in your pre-draft rankings, which means you are guaranteed they will NOT be on your team. *ahemderekandersonahem*

BROWNINGS CHILDE
08-20-2009, 06:37 PM
exclude T.O

SpaceMaN
08-21-2009, 03:28 AM
But that's my receiver. *sniffle, teardrop*

educatedlady
08-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys. That helps.

SpaceMaN
08-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Still need one participant for the league. Hoping we can get someone from on the board, so I don't have to resort to my brother, who never reads, let alone read the DT series.

Sending Spencer a PM so maybe he'll join by the 1st.

educatedlady
08-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Okay guys, I'm going to be gone for two weeks starting Saturday so is there any way we will be doing the draft before then?

RUBE
08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
We have to so that we can be ready before the first game... BUT we need another participant 1st. Does anyone know somebody else that may want to participate? Apparently no one else from the pick-'em contest wants to play because posts there have not drummed up much response.

NeedfulKings
08-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Sorry I can't play. :( Real life is just too crazy at the moment. Good luck getting someone!

SpaceMaN
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
got less than a week. i'll invite my bro if no one from here signs up by tomorrow.

SpaceMaN
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Ok well if this ever gets going, here are the rules and scoring.

Current Roster Size: 16
Total Starters: 9
Total On Bench: 7 (0 IR)
POSITIONS STARTERS MAXIMUM
Quarterback (QB) 1 4
Running Back (RB) 2 8
Running Back/Wide Receiver (RB/WR) 1 N/A
Wide Receiver (WR) 2 8
Tight End (TE) 1 3
Team Defense/Special Teams (D/ST) 1 3
Place Kicker (K) 1 3
Bench (BE) 7 N/A
SCORING (Edit)
Passing
Every 25 passing yards 1 TD Pass 4
Interceptions Thrown -2 2pt Passing Conversion 2
Rushing
Every 10 rushing yards 1 TD Rush 6
2pt Rushing Conversion 2
Receiving
Every 10 receiving yards 1 TD Reception 6
2pt Receiving Conversion 2
Miscellaneous
Fumble Recovered for TD 6 Each Fumble Lost -2
Kicking
Each PAT Made 1 FG Made (0-39 yards) 3
FG Made (40-49 yards) 4 FG Made (50+ yards) 5
Team Defense / Special Teams
Each Sack 1 Interception Return TD 6
Fumble Return TD 6 Kickoff Return TD 6
Punt Return TD 6 Blocked Punt or FG return for TD 6
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG 2 Each Interception 2
Each Fumble Recovered 2 Each Safety 2
0 points allowed 10 2-6 points allowed 7
7-13 points allowed 4 14-17 points allowed 1
22-27 points allowed -1 28-34 points allowed -4
35-45 points allowed -7 46+ points allowed -10
LEAGUE RULES (Edit)
Player Universe All NFL Players
Lineup Changes Slots Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime
Observe ESPN's Undroppable Players List Yes
Make League Viewable to Public Yes
Trade Limit No Limit
Trade Deadline Wednesday, November 25, 12PM ET (Week 12)
Trade Review Period 48 Hours
Votes Required to Veto Trade 4
Season Acquisition Limit No Limit
Waiver Period 2 Days
Waiver System Move To Last After Claim, Never Reset Order
KEEPERS (Edit)
2009 Keepers Per Team None
2010 Keepers Per Team None
FEES (Edit)
Use League Fees No
SCHEDULE & PLAYOFFS (Edit)
Regular Season Weeks 14 (Playoffs start Week 15)
Matchup Tie Breaker None, Leave as Tie
Home Field Advantage None
Playoff Seeding Tie Breaker Total Points For
Playoffs Weeks 2
Playoff Rounds 2 (1 week per round)
Playoff Teams 4
First Round Byes 0

RUBE
09-05-2009, 09:08 AM
I guess it is time to sign up your brother because we only have until Thursday and I would like to see what players I end up with a few days in advance. I hope Educated Lady set her player rankings already so that we can go ahead and do the draft.

SpaceMan, are you going to do a key so that we can tell which team corresponds with which person? Mine is obvious but I would like to know who I am beating each week. :P

SpaceMaN
09-06-2009, 06:07 AM
He's still sleepin after our big ass party yesterday, but I'll send him an invite today and hopefully get the draft done. Once I have some time, I'll write out who's teams are whose in here, but if you click on their team in the league page, it should say who's it is.

Spencer is now joined, so I'll check my rankings and should have the draft done by tonight.

SpaceMaN
09-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Ok, my brother joined, and I am just about to tell it to draft for us. I'm going to randomize the draft order by drawing cards 1-10 and assigning them to the order of the teams on the league page. The 10 teams are:

The Dead of Tull --SpaceMaN
Team Gooch -- not sure of member name
Team Mitton -- candy
Gilead Revolvers -- Spencer
jk's gang green -- jayson
Team Merlin -- merlin1958
Rube's .45's -- RUBE
Team Garcia -- educatedlady (i think)
Equus Asinus -- not sure
Team Henderson -- my brother Kent, not a member of dt.com

The rules and scoring are listed a few posts back. Again, any questions, feel free to ask here, or on the message board of the league page on espn.

SpaceMaN
09-06-2009, 10:00 AM
All right, the draft is set for 5:00am EST on the 8th, the earliest I could get it to do it. Sorry about the short notice before the first games, but taking this long to fill the league, I was afraid that would happen. Every owner will receive an email when the draft is complete. PLEASE PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON, as abandoned teams corrupt the integrity of the league. I'll be glad to help with advice on who to play or whatnot, but a lot of it is really left up to luck and injuries and such. Good luck everyone, and I hope you all enjoy the first annual dt.com fantasy football league. I will post periodic updates here on the site, but most of the action will take place on the espn league page.

Thank you,
The Commish

jayson
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
my draft board is all set

with nine other teams, i am hoping i worked out the strategy to get just what i want.

best of luck to everyone.

when the draft is done, let the wheeling and dealing begin.

and then...

on with the football!!!!!

RUBE
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I guess I better take one last look at my draft strategy. I sure that I probably already messed with it enough that I have screwed myself up more than I helped.

Good luck with the draft everyone!

jayson
09-08-2009, 05:42 AM
well, i don't know about the rest of you, but i couldn't be more pleased with the way that draft went down.

i think at this point my strategy should be self-evident, but in addition to collecting top defenses, i also managed to grab philip rivers and ben roethelisberger as qbs, got both thomas jones and leon washington (who is a touchdown machine on both offense and kick returns) and speaking of kick returns, i also got devin hester (and i have to imagine the chicago offense is going to feature a lot of cutler to hester so that is a promising starter every week).

that said, there are still a few elements i am looking for in an offense. i imagine someone of the other 9 might be shopping for a defense. i'd entertain offers that i have one to spare of the three i picked up. :orely:

now to analyze how the competition did.

:D

and spaceman, thanks for running this thing. i can see this is going to be a lot of fun.

:clap:

SpaceMaN
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty satisfied with my team. Didn't get Brees, but Schaub puts up numbers too.

I hope everyone is happy and sticks around the whole season. Even passing interest in football and simple research, you can manage a team in 10 minutes a week, on a Tuesday or a Wednesday, and be a competitive and fun bystander in the magical world of fantasy football. I believe I've already stated that I am a nerd for this. Maybe that's why I have 8, or maybe 9 teams this year, with wild variations on rules and points and players and teams. But it's all fun. Thanks for playing. And I totally enjoy being The Commissioner.

Any questions, just ask.

SpaceMaN
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
A few notes though, Jayson. Defenses in the first two rounds, that's crazyness, and I spelled that wrong on purpose. You ended up with a well rounded squad, but that's dangerous, as defenses put about 140-160 points a year, as the top RB and QBs get closer to 300. We'll see how it all shakes out.

SpaceMaN
09-08-2009, 11:18 AM
candy has a really good team, stocked at WR.
Spencer's got a stock of RB's that should score well.
Merlin's got a glut of QBs, but very solid WR's as well, and good plug-in running backs.
Rube's the one that got Brees, (damnit) and all high scoring starters. (by last year's numbers.)
Team Garcia, I'm sorry to say, looks pretty bad. In need of RB help immediately.
Equus Asinus is a well rounded team, young sleepers on the bench (for now).
I think my brother got a really good team too, and he knows what he's doing.
Almost forgot Team Gooch, decent draft, could put up big numbers, but could also lowball.
And if you wanna know what I think about my team, don't even ask, because I'm gonna win it all.

jayson
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
A few notes though, Jayson. Defenses in the first two rounds, that's crazyness, and I spelled that wrong on purpose. You ended up with a well rounded squad, but that's dangerous, as defenses put about 140-160 points a year, as the top RB and QBs get closer to 300. We'll see how it all shakes out.

i'm not too worried about my offense seeing as how i still managed to get philip rivers at qb and thomas jones at rb. for all the hype ladainian tomlinson gets, the guy can hardly play a full season anymore while jones quiety leads turns in the best numbers in the afc year in and year out. my receiving group looks strong. i'd like to upgrade at tight end but overall, i am pleased.

obviously the drafting three defenses was a strategic move. one of them is most assuredly for sale. if nobody wants it, i will be more than happy to have those three defenses to choose from every week. we'll see in the end how many points it generates. i'll take my chances.

SpaceMaN
09-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I offered you a trade, I thought. If you rejected it, feel free to counter-offer.

jayson
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
i saw that. i think i rejected it on the league site. reject seems like such a harsh word. i'm holding out for a bit more at the moment, but who knows. right now hightower is not what i am looking for, but things change. :D

RUBE
09-08-2009, 07:13 PM
I am very happy with my starters but on their bye weeks it may get rough. I am not sure which of my players someone would be willing to trade for but I may be willing to trade for another good receiver.

I agree that Candy looks to have a very good team and so does your brother. It's funny that you and him face off the first week.

doh
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Damn, I was looking to get into a league, looks like i was a bit late to be a part of the league ( but i plan on being on the site.)

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
pretty happy with my team (Team Gooch). Peyton Manning, Marion Barber, Ochocinco, Witten, Elam. Whos gotta bye this first week?

jayson
09-09-2009, 06:19 PM
ah, ok. i could not recall who team gooch was. now i know. good to see you b.c. :D

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Had much better draft results with this team than my other team at my job league.

Spencer
09-10-2009, 06:18 AM
well, i don't know about the rest of you, but i couldn't be more pleased with the way that draft went down.

Um, my team SUCKS. :lol:

Spencer
09-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Spencer's got a stock of RB's that should score well.

Not any more. :lol: I'm totally reorganizing, As soon as all the waivers clear I'll have a new look. It should end up pretty good.

Spencer
09-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Gah, all the players I would have picked are on someone else's team. Ya'lls bench guys are better than my starters. :lol:

Merlin1958
09-10-2009, 02:13 PM
OK, I'm an idiot. I can't figure out how to make lineup changes to my team or add/drop players. I'm in 3 other leagues but I'll be damned if I can figure out how this one works!!! Probably something stupid and very easy to do, but I could really use any help anyone would be kind enough to offer

HELP!!!!!!

LOL LOL

Spencer
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
The add/drop players stuff is under "My Team" above the main body of the page, and above your team logo.

jayson
09-10-2009, 04:11 PM
spencer - i don't think your team is as bad as you think it is, but i can see at least one player you have that i'd be happy to take off of your hands if there's something i have you may be interested in. let me know. :cool:

Merlin1958
09-10-2009, 04:21 PM
The add/drop players stuff is under "My Team" above the main body of the page, and above your team logo.

I'm sure I am obtuse (as Andy Dufresne would say) but I just don't see it. I have choices labeled Roster etc. but none gives me the option to change the lineup. I'm logged in but I tried to acquire a def and had no idea how to do it!!!!

There is no "my Team" choice and I know what that is as its on my Yahoo team

I really appreciate your patientance

RUBE
09-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Spencer, are you sure about all of those people you dropped? I mean, who are you going to pick up? If you don't want them I will be glad to upgrade my backups.

Merlin, have you figured it out yet? The tabs "league," "my team," "players," "standings," and "scoreboard" are above the choices labeled roster and such. Click on "my team" and from there you can move players around. If you want to pickup a player you can click on the "players" tab.

Merlin1958
09-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Spencer, are you sure about all of those people you dropped? I mean, who are you going to pick up? If you don't want them I will be glad to upgrade my backups.

Merlin, have you figured it out yet? The tabs "league," "my team," "players," "standings," and "scoreboard" are above the choices labeled roster and such. Click on "my team" and from there you can move players around. If you want to pickup a player you can click on the "players" tab.

I have no "My Team" choice on my screen. Just Roster, etc and overview. I must be on the wrong screen or something. I can go to the leahue page and then click on team merlin but it brings me to the screen mentioned I can see my players etc. but no option to move them around.

SpaceMaN
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
you have to be signed in, you can try that much, I guess. I hope it works.

jayson
09-12-2009, 09:05 PM
best of luck to all of you tomorrow.

this ought to be a lot of fun.

RUBE
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Spencer, I know it is not my business but why didn't you move the players you picked up into the starting lineup? They can't help you if they are on the bench.

keyframe
09-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Who has Drew Brees? What a day for him!

SpaceMaN
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't know what Spencer did... dropping 3 sure starters for Cowboys I've never heard of... I understand homerism and all, but fantasy isn't the place for that. I get a bad feeling people are going to give up on this league.

jayson
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
i'm pretty pleased so far

i still have four players yet to play, including my starting qb and number one receiver and yet i have scored plenty without them as well. i'm in this thing for the season.

Spencer
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Spencer, I know it is not my business but why didn't you move the players you picked up into the starting lineup? They can't help you if they are on the bench.

Because I thought the program would automatically fill them in after they cleared waivers. <_<

Spencer
09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't know what Spencer did... dropping 3 sure starters for Cowboys I've never heard of... I understand homerism and all, but fantasy isn't the place for that. I get a bad feeling people are going to give up on this league.

Those Cowboys will be on the bench or gone, Felix disappointed me this week and is gonna sit down also. Not sure which sure starters you're referring to, but if Portis and S. Moss are on that list, well, that's 62 yards rushing, and a whopping 6 yards receiving, I didn't miss them at all, in fact, there's a reason I dropped them. :lol:

Spencer
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Now I know why Felix disappointed me:

As it turned out, Felix Jones did have a minor injury, hurting his quad in that big hit he suffered in the first quarter when he was flipped up in the air near the Bucs sideline.

SpaceMaN
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
well i can substitute the te and the wr for you if you want.
it might not make you win, but at least you'll get the points, which is a tiebreaker for playoffs.

let me know, as i should have stated that it doesn't automatically fill in your starters if you drop them.

SpaceMaN
09-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I adjusted Spencer's roster so he will get the points for his players, and it will NOT affect the outcome of the game, unless his kicker gets 50 or so.

Spencer
09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
If I'd been here in time i would have asked you to do that. :lol: Thanks, Aaron! :D

SpaceMaN
09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
no problem. everyone enjoy week 1?

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I havent been able to look at the results yet. In my other league I have the eagles D. Ka ching.

jayson
09-15-2009, 04:11 AM
no complaints from me on week 1.

112 points even with a sub-par week from philip rivers.

points from every starter.

yeah, i'm happy.

RUBE
09-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Who has Drew Brees? What a day for him!

That would be me! And I had the Eagles defense that scored 35 fantasy points... too bad they were on the bench behind the Titans. At least the Titans did okay. The Eagles will probably stay on the bench since they are facing Brees and New Orleans this week. If that goes bad it will hurt two ways then. The person that sucked on my team week 1 was Antonio Bryant. He is going to the bench.

Spencer
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know what Spencer did... dropping 3 sure starters for Cowboys I've never heard of...

Have you heard of Felix Jones now? :lol:

jayson
09-20-2009, 07:16 PM
well congratulations to spaceman's brother who handed it to me today big time. he has andre johnson and carson palmer, each of whom had tremendous days as well as solid days all around from his starters. i got another good day numberwise out of rivers and harvin showed up, but the rest of my guys didn't get much done today.

well, the real life jets defense got the job done and held the patriots to three field goals so i think i can handle my fantasy team getting crushed. now to start tinkering with the lineup for next week. :orely:

RUBE
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I lose by 2 points and the Titans D gave me -4. Between that and Greg Jennings pulling a big goose egg, I am sort of pissed. Oh well.

Merlin1958
09-23-2009, 04:41 PM

i gotta tell ya I'm about ready to pack it in. No matter what I do I cannot manipulate my team. I can't unload some of the QB's and pick up anyone from the waiver wire. I can't even substitute for the bye's. I am logged in (at least it says I am) yet nothing.

I'm sorry to be a pain but maybe as the commish you can look at my status or something and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I just don't get it. I'm in 3 other paying leagues with no problem at CBS & Yahoo but I just can't seem to get this ESPN thing right. Sorry for the aggravation

RUBE
09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, at least you won this week.

I don't why it is not working for you. It seems to work just fine for me and I have used several different computers to access it.

Maybe Spaceman can help.

Merlin1958
09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Well, at least you won this week.

I don't why it is not working for you. It seems to work just fine for me and I have used several different computers to access it.

Maybe Spaceman can help.

Yeah, amazing ain't it? LOL

Guess I'm just an Old fart and it's probably something really obvious that I'm not doing!!! LOL I just don't want to let you guys down as I play fantasy baseball too and I know how much it sucks when someone stops playing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Spaceman can find an answer to my ineptitude!!!

Merlin1958
09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Well folks, apparently you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!!!! I called the ESPN hotline and they reset my password and that did the trick!!! Now you all better watch out cause I now intend to kick some serious ass!!!!

Thanks to all for your help and thoughts. Now I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!! lol lol

SpaceMaN
09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Sorry I haven't been around to try to fix it, but it looks like something I couldn't help with anyway. Glad you're ready to roll now, bring it.

SpaceMaN
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Also, I'm going to try to give a synopsis each week of how our league is going, in case outsiders are interested. I did make a trophy for the league, awarded each week to the highest scoring team. Any ideas for others, let me know, they're just on a team page pictures of your trophy case or whatever, it doesn't improve your score or anything like that, just for fun.

Merlin1958
09-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Sorry I haven't been around to try to fix it, but it looks like something I couldn't help with anyway. Glad you're ready to roll now, bring it.

When you start feeling froggy, grasshopper - Hop on over to my lily pad!!!

LOL

educatedlady
09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry I've been absent. Went to Michigan and had no computer and when I got back I got food poisoning so yea, I've been out of commission.

I'm still not sure what's going on with my fantasy team. I just move players if I feel I need to and hope for the best. I do know that I have Moreno and he had a great day today so that makes me happy.

RUBE
09-29-2009, 09:55 AM
You really want to watch for players with bye weeks or injuries. ESPN provides projections that you can use to gage who you want to start but be warned because they can sometimes be way off. Also, if you have someone you really don't like or that is out with an injury, you can drop them and add another player. Of course, I have been doing all of this and I am still 1-2. :arg:

jayson
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
... Of course, I have been doing all of this and I am still 1-2. :arg:

same here

at least we play each other at some point. one of us will have to win, right? (or did i just invite a tie?)

RUBE
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
All right, I'll mark week 6 as a tie. Hopefully we will both have worked our way back to 3-2 by then, right?

jayson
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
we can only hope so

i can't possibly keep losing

candy
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
being british, i have no idea what going on, so i am closing my eyes and hoping for the best:thumbsup:

Brice
10-02-2009, 05:23 AM
being british, i have no idea what going on, so i am closing my eyes and hoping for the best:thumbsup:

Just think of it as rugby where the little soft men wear pads to keep from getting hurt.

Just kidding, guys. :P

SpaceMaN
10-02-2009, 06:13 AM
any questions you got, candy, i'll be glad to help. i didn't know you were british, either, do you still watch american football or no?

candy
10-02-2009, 10:25 AM
i do, but i also dont know a thing about british football either. I am one of those girlie girls unfortunatley:doh:
but i wanted to play:)

Merlin1958
10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
i do, but i also dont know a thing about british football either. I am one of those girlie girls unfortunatley:doh:
but i wanted to play:)

Candy, if you are Team Mitton, you have 2 players on bye this week. You need to pick up a DST to sub for the Panthers and I think its M Turner for Atlanta that also needs a sub.

I still hope to win big but, fairly, Mi' Lady

Good Luck!!

SpaceMaN
10-04-2009, 08:19 AM
I noticed a couple teams not keeping up with the byes. I can only alter lineups if you have people available, and they don't have anyone available, so I have to let the bye players stay and score 0. Sadly, this league only has 4 or 5 of us that are keeping up on it.

jayson
10-04-2009, 08:25 AM
my whole team could use a bye week :rolleyes:

jayson
10-04-2009, 06:53 PM
ok, i have an issue with the way espn calculates the scoring for defenses.

let me note two things from the start...

a. i know this is not anything SpaceMaN can address as the flaw is part of the ESPN calculations, not anything in our settings.

2. it doesn't really affect the result of my game this week, though in a tight game it surely could.

i'm really just pointing it out because i observed it today and thought i'd share to see what the rest of you think.

so here's the issue...

i started the jets defense today. while the final score was 24-10, 14 of the saints' points came from their defense on a pick-six and a fumble recovery for touchdowns. only one touchdown and one field goal were scored against the jets defense and yet, the scoring calculated it as 24 points allowed. i think that's inaccurate and not altogether fair. it should be 10 points allowed, or perhaps 12, counting the two extra points against the jets special teams, but not 24.

like i said, it won't affect the outcome of the game, but if it did, i'd be rather pissed off at ESPN for not working that tidbit out in their programming. it's surprising really. i am amazed by how detailed their programming is at breaking these things down. if their system knows it was the saints defense that scored, surely it should know the jets defense was not on the field at the time.

thoughts?

RUBE
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, on the flip side of that, it sucks that Chicago's defense got credit for my receiver's 103-yard kickoff return for a TD. It guess it doesn't matter because I would still be getting my ass kicked. My top players keep screwing me at the wrong times. I am looking at you Brees and Jennings. That and the Titan's defense sucks. Maybe an overreaction but consider them dropped.

Merlin1958
10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I know what you guys mean (I have J. Knox in another league) but DST is just a catch-all for all the "what-if's" inherent in football. Still, like you say PA is a big NFL category and you would think they would accomodate that. Some I believe is in league settings cause in one league I got credit for the 102 yd run and I had the SF DST.

Go figure LOL LOL

SpaceMaN
10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Ya know, it used to be that int or fumble returns didn't count against your defense, (the pat's did though) but for all intensive purposes of the league, it doesn't matter who scored or how, it goes against your defense. Stupid, I know, but that's how it is, and I have no power to fix that. All I can say is don't start a defense against someone who's going to put up a lot of points, offensively or defensively. As a team or two in our league is ignoring byes and basically not playing, just keep setting your lineups and those who don't will not make the playoffs, so we can at least have a sort-of correct champion.

RUBE
10-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah right. I have been making adjustments and scoring less each week. It doesn't matter if some people drop all of their players, at this point I would probably still find a way to lose to them. That is alright though. The ship might be sinking but I will go down with it. I don't want to quit like whoever you are referring to.

SpaceMaN
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
The team I'm playing, Team Garcia, is playing Matt Ryan and David Akers (on bye) and Jamaal Charles, (a Chiefs backup running back, no reason to play him), with Favre on the bench. No backup running back, but if they were paying attention they could've gotten someone to fill in on the waivers.

The team my brother is playing, Team Gooch, has Jason Elam playing (on bye). I can see maybe not picking up a kicker and trying to win with a zero, but it's rare. Not a close enough game where a kicker's 5 or 10 points would have won it, but still.

In Merlin vs. Mitton, Team Mitton has Michael Turner and the Panthers defense playing (on bye). The Panthers D is a questionable roster selection anyway, and again, options on the bench that would have gotten more than zero, just not keeping up with it.

The other 2 games look well coached, and Equus Asinus looks like a damn good team.

jayson
10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
on the plus side, i've pulled to 2-2 and second place in the division

on the other hand, next week i believe i play SpaceMaN's undefeated team that scored how many points was it yesterday, 8000 or something. :D

SpaceMaN
10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
not in this league but in my money league i put up 167

jayson
10-05-2009, 08:05 PM
not sure i put up 167 in any two weeks combined so far

Merlin1958
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
The team I'm playing, Team Garcia, is playing Matt Ryan and David Akers (on bye) and Jamaal Charles, (a Chiefs backup running back, no reason to play him), with Favre on the bench. No backup running back, but if they were paying attention they could've gotten someone to fill in on the waivers.

The team my brother is playing, Team Gooch, has Jason Elam playing (on bye). I can see maybe not picking up a kicker and trying to win with a zero, but it's rare. Not a close enough game where a kicker's 5 or 10 points would have won it, but still.

In Merlin vs. Mitton, Team Mitton has Michael Turner and the Panthers defense playing (on bye). The Panthers D is a questionable roster selection anyway, and again, options on the bench that would have gotten more than zero, just not keeping up with it.

The other 2 games look well coached, and Equus Asinus looks like a damn good team.

Ummmm .....regardless I'm 3-1 and looking to kick Equus's ass this week!!!! LOL

I tried to help Team Mitton but to no avail. On the plus side I won my games this week in 3 other leagues so Woo-Hoo!!! lol lol

Whatever the situation, I'm in it for the long hall all you die-hard fans out there. For better or worse.

Spencer
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
One of these days I'll get my team retooled into something good. :lol:

2 questions:

1. where can I find a page explaining the scoring system?
2. How exactly do waivers work, and is there a page I can keep track of them? People claim guys I'm trying to get, no worries there, but I can't figure out how to claim a player that someone else is trying to get. :lol:

Merlin1958
10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
One of these days I'll get my team retooled into something good. :lol:

2 questions:

1. where can I find a page explaining the scoring system?
2. How exactly do waivers work, and is there a page I can keep track of them? People claim guys I'm trying to get, no worries there, but I can't figure out how to claim a player that someone else is trying to get. :lol:

Everyone gets a waiver ranking depending on amount of moves etc. If you rank 10 and someone goes for same player and ranks 9, he gets it.

High Score Trophy Again!!!!!!!

Can't stop this Train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Have to say sorry all. When this thing started I had a working computer at home. After the first week, my computer at home took a crap and my work computer blocks the fantasy site, soooo......I've not made a single substitution since the draft. Nor have I even been able to track my progress. I'm sure its bad, but I didnt intentionally just let this go. Better luck next time.

SpaceMaN
10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
hey spencer i'll try to find a link or explain it further soon, i've had a bad week and no internet access.

browning's childe, it's ok. i could possibly email you your players and such and just do your moves by my league manager powers... lemme know.

jayson
10-14-2009, 06:53 PM
i fared better against SpaceMaN than i thought i would

i still lost, but i didn't get killed as i'd expected

had willis mcgahee and pierre garcon done anything at all, and had i started roethlisberger instead of sanchez

oh well

there's always next week

until the final week of the season i suppose

SpaceMaN
10-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Spencer, if you're on the league home page, right under where it says League, My Team, etc.. there are the league options of: home, settings, members, rosters, etc.. all scoring information is in the settings tab. (click settings)

The waivers work like this:
The waiver order started as inverse of the draft order, so the 10th draft pick got the first waiver. If you use your waiver for any player, you drop to last on the waiver order, and you only move up if other people use their waivers. (they drop to last) so if the 3rd, 4th, and 7th waivers all want the same player, the 3rd would get him and drop to 10th, 4th and 7th would move up to 3rd and 6th. If you have multiple people you want, you can order them which one you want the most, 2nd most... on down the line.

Or you can do like me, which is wait till thursday morning (the site usually processes the waivers around 5 a.m EST) when everyone not dropped by someone is a free agent, and you can pick whoever you want. If you drop someone, the player you drop is on the waivers for 2 days, regardless of when you drop them.
All players are on waivers until thursday morning. If you want a player off the waiver wire, whoever has the highest priority will get that player.

To see the waiver order, from your team page it will tell you somewhere in the top by your matchup, last matchup, etc... it tells you your current waiver position and you can click on it to see the entire order.

My advice is unless you REALLY want or need someone badly, wait until thursday to do your moves. That's why I'm #1 waiver in almost every league I'm in. If you're #1, you get whoever you want, but then you move to #10.

Hope that helps.

Merlin1958
10-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey, I just wanted to say that I have posted some smack talk in the spirit of these fantasy leagues, and meant no disrespect to anyone. Usually that is part of the fun but, it appears no one is into it in that way which, is cool. I just didn't realize and was just trying to "jump start" the BS so to speak. No offense intended and I will cease as of now.

Good Luck to all and have a great season!!!!

SpaceMaN
10-16-2009, 09:44 PM
no no no no no

talk all the shit you want, i already explained that's a (major) part of the game.

the message board on the league is quite dead though.

you're on a roll now, but you're goin' down, sucka!!

bring it!

RUBE
10-17-2009, 09:31 AM
If talking smack would help me win then I would participate but it is kind of hard to brag when you're 1-4.

I have never been much of a smack-talking even when I actually played football in high school. I was more the kind that would hit you in the mouth and then stand over you with a crazy look in my eyes.

Merlin1958
10-17-2009, 10:30 AM
If talking smack would help me win then I would participate but it is kind of hard to brag when you're 1-4.

I have never been much of a smack-talking even when I actually played football in high school. I was more the kind that would hit you in the mouth and then stand over you with a crazy look in my eyes.

LOL I can relate to that!!!!!! LOL

Oh and Spaceman? I'll be looking for you Pal!!!!!! Only what I'll be bringing you don't want any part of Sport!!!!

LOL

SpaceMaN
10-18-2009, 07:05 AM
*ahem*

6-0

that is all

jayson
10-18-2009, 01:36 PM
days like this are why i keep thomas jones in the line up every week and why i am even happier he plays for the jets.

i've seen enough to know that he could play like this every week. he just doesn't. but when he does, well he's at 146 yards and a touchdown and there's still 7:00 to go in the first half.

now let's give leon some carries since i started him today too. :clap:

also, i think i may start roethlisberger again soon. that worked out well. :)

ETA:

am i seeing things correctly?

rube, did you really bench drew brees for david garard?

i know brees was up against the giants but wow.

as your opponent, i suppose i should thank you for it because right now that looks to be the difference in our scores.

am i trash talking correctly?

:P

RUBE
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Actually if you add up the difference, that did not cost me the game. However, that will be the last time that I trust the ESPN projections on who to start. Which, by the way, also convinced me to pick up the wrong TE to sub for Clark. I think what is really costing me games is the consistantly bad performance of the WRs I have.

jayson
10-18-2009, 05:54 PM
in the end it wasn't the difference

but, when i posted that at halftime, had you played brees, you'd have been winning at that point

anyway, i pulled back to a .500 record so hooray for that :clap:

SpaceMaN
10-19-2009, 07:43 AM
don't trust the projections.

sometimes you can tell, but most times they're off, and if they're off big time....

jayson
10-19-2009, 08:56 AM
yeah, projections said rube's team was going to mop the floor with mine. scoreboard says something different. :)

Spencer
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
I think what is really costing me games is the consistantly bad performance of the WRs I have.

I'm with you there. Whoever I pick up has the worst week ever, and whoever I drop or bench has a good week. <_<

Merlin1958
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
*ahem*

6-0

that is all

That's only cause you have'nt played me yet!!! LOL

Wait'll week 9!!! :nana::nana::nana:

SpaceMaN
10-20-2009, 02:48 PM
so, Spencer, did any of that waiver stuff make sense? did you find the scoring and all that?

RUBE
10-20-2009, 04:03 PM
yeah, projections said rube's team was going to mop the floor with mine. scoreboard says something different. :)

Well that has been a trend this season. The line and preview keep telling me that I am going to win but then I score anywhere from 30 to 60 points less than what it projects. I think it is because I have some big name players who have not yet done well on the same week (except maybe for week 1). For example, I don't think Spaceman has editted his roster yet but right now it has we winning that game. Yeah right!

Merlin1958
10-21-2009, 07:20 AM
5 in a row!!!!!!!!

:clap::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::nana::clap:

jayson
10-21-2009, 07:23 AM
i guess losing to me had a positive effect on your team :dance:

Merlin1958
10-21-2009, 11:49 AM
i guess losing to me had a positive effect on your team :dance:

LOL Ok, I guess i owe you a Thank You for humble beginnings!! LOL

However I will have my revenge!! :shoot:

LOL

jayson
10-21-2009, 12:13 PM
well, if i remember correctly, the first week was when you were still learning the ropes of roster management, so the next time we play will probably be a better matchup. between my roster and yours we can almost play jets versus giants. :)

Spencer
10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
so, Spencer, did any of that waiver stuff make sense? did you find the scoring and all that?

I sure did! Thanks for the help! Now, if the guys I pick up start doing better, I'll be set. :lol:

Merlin1958
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
well, if i remember correctly, the first week was when you were still learning the ropes of roster management, so the next time we play will probably be a better matchup. between my roster and yours we can almost play jets versus giants. :)

Very True, but I was not gonna float excuses out there. After "Further Review" we don't play again unless we make the playoffs so since we both seem to be NY fans: GO GANG GREEN!!!!!!!!!

On a side note: GO YANKEES!!!!!!

1 Win = 40 AL Chamionships!!!!

5 Wins = 27 World Championships!!!!!!

Sorry, I hadda throw that in there!!! LOL LOL

P.S. Were'nt you the one who originally had Brady? If so (could be another league), Bravo for dropping him......BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!

LOL

jayson
10-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Very True, but I was not gonna float excuses out there. After "Further Review" we don't play again unless we make the playoffs so since we both seem to be NY fans: GO GANG GREEN!!!!!!!!!

yes, go gang green indeed. i am head-to-head with candy this week and we are tied for second in our division, a loooooooong way back from spaceman up there in first place.

P.S. Were'nt you the one who originally had Brady? If so (could be another league), Bravo for dropping him......BOSTON SUCKS!!!!!

oh goodness no. i'd not draft brady under any circumstances. i just can't bring myself to have a patriot on my team. i knew i'd miss out on brees, so i targeted rivers as my first qb. he's done well, but i switched to big ben last week since he played the hapless browns. this week i'm not sure yet. the vikings may have a good run defense, but not so much against the pass.

Merlin1958
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
My bad then. there is a league I'm in where the guy had ALL Jets and Brady at QB!!!!!

A non-no to NY and Yankee fans LOL LOL

Good Luck, Dude!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RUBE
10-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Finally! The losing streak is over! And I managed it against the only undefeated team. Sorry Spaceman.

jayson
10-25-2009, 07:10 PM
congratulations rube. someone had to take that team down. now two more people do it while i win two more weeks and i can pull into a tie in the division. :rolleyes:

Spencer
10-26-2009, 04:37 AM
So far I have the 3rd highest score this week, unfortunately, one of the 2 higher scores is the team I'm playing against. <_< :lol:

Merlin1958
10-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Sweet this should be 6 in a row and a good chance at the high score!!!

Oh, and The Yankees in the World Series!!!!!

Suddenly the world makes sense again, Life can be soooo good LOL LOL

:dance::dance::dance:

SpaceMaN
10-26-2009, 06:55 PM
well done rube

someone had to catch me on an off week, unfortunately it wasn't one of our non-participaters who only scored like 30.

and for the record i fuckin loathe "lol"

stupidest phrase ever

RUBE
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Why does everything I do backfire? I have started Greg Jennings all year despite the fact that he has not performed. I finally benched him because Rodgers is not suppose to have enough time to get the ball to him and what happens? He has 13 points and counting right now. FFFUUCCCKKK!!!

SkippyD023
11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
UGGGHHHH!!! What a bad week, only two players scored double digit points. I guess I still have a slim chance of winning, projections say I will lose by one point. But who can believe projections, I was supposed to score 128 points and ended up with 77.

Of course it was good to see that Merlin had a bad week as well (one point less than me) so I have a chance of staying tied with him. GO RUBE!!!

It looks like no one had a stellar week. It looks like Mitton and Ugly will be the only two teams to break 100 points and there playing each other. GO MITTON!!!

jayson
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
my team had an awful day, but luckily, barring some record setting performance by a kicker tomorrow night, i will still eek by with a win this week.

but still, wow.

i've had shonn greene all year because i knew his time would come. last week i didn't play him (granted i couldn't have predicted leon's broken leg) and he scores 20+ points. today, i give him his first start and he gives me... wait for it... -1 points. yes, you read that correctly, -1.

truth be told, had my opponent noticed that donald brown was out for today's game and played marion barber in his stead, he'd be in position to beat me tomorrow with a decent showing from jason elam.

so, i got lucky. i will take the win, but i got lucky.

Merlin1958
11-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Why does everything I do backfire? I have started Greg Jennings all year despite the fact that he has not performed. I finally benched him because Rodgers is not suppose to have enough time to get the ball to him and what happens? He has 13 points and counting right now. FFFUUCCCKKK!!!

Well if its any consolation it looks like you're gonna end MY winning streak!!!
Daniels and Fitzgerald (not to mention the Cards D vs Carolina) killed me this week.

Oh Well....................Onto Week 9!!

Oh I'll be bringing it when we meet again my friend!!!

Merlin1958
11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
By the way.......Go Brother Henderson and the Falcon's!!!!

Spaceman I have a Fantasy Football dilemma....I have Colston in my $$$ league yet I want you to go down in ours.....Are there no Fantasy Football Gods? LBNOL (Laughing But Not Out Loud, Just for you!!!)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh and folks? The Yankees are 1 win from their 27th World Championship!!!!!

RUBE
11-03-2009, 08:22 PM

Well if its any consolation it looks like you're gonna end MY winning streak!!!
Daniels and Fitzgerald (not to mention the Cards D vs Carolina) killed me this week.

Oh Well....................Onto Week 9!!

Oh I'll be bringing it when we meet again my friend!!!

RRRIIIGGGHHHTTTT.

I saw that loss coming as soon as Jennings scored 14 points. I should of won. I just get in my own way. I think I am just going to set my lineup and leave it alone for the rest of the year. Maybe then I will win some.

Actually I still was within a yard of causing a tie (or winning if Bell didn't fumble). If Henderson would have ran his route one yard deeper on that pass he caught in the 4th, then he would have had the touchdown instead of Thomas. That would have been the six points I needed to tie you.

No need to "bring it" the next time because you already beat me by 2 in week 2 back when I still had the Titan's D (good for -4 that week). The way I see it, I have handed you the lead to our division. To pay me back you must win out and help keep down the two 6-2 teams. That way I can also win out and have a miracle comeback to finish 2nd in the division.

Spencer
11-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm just gonna ignore the fact that my opponent had 2 starters on a bye week and say yay I won. :lol:

Merlin1958
11-05-2009, 10:16 AM
The Yankees Win!!! .......Ttttthhhhhheeeeee Yankees Win!!!!!!!

SpaceMaN
11-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Right on Spencer! Good win.

And I love how I start 6-0 so everyone wishes me evil and loves to see me lose. Reminds me of my real life.

And yay! Baseball's over! We don't have to hear about it anymore!

jayson
11-05-2009, 01:24 PM
wow, i am scrambling this week. i have so many starters on byes this week. i have most positions accounted for, but i could really use another rb because i think the ravens forgot mcgahee exists.

Merlin1958
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
wow, i am scrambling this week. i have so many starters on byes this week. i have most positions accounted for, but i could really use another rb because i think the ravens forgot mcgahee exists.

Dude I hear that!!! I got McGahee in my other league and he was doing great then......Bam!!! nothing Fantasy Football is a Fickle Bitch!!!! LBNOL I could trade Rashard Mendenhall if you're interested? For maybe a TE or WR? I'll go look and post it on the league page.

Let me know

jayson
11-06-2009, 08:37 PM
thanks for the offer bill, but i just picked up ryan moats (houston) thinking he may get a big day in against a banged up colts defense. maybe not, but he'll see more touches than mcgahee for sure. mendenhall is tempting, but i already have wallace at wr and miller at te, so i don't want to put too many eggs in the steelers' basket. thanks though. :)

Merlin1958
11-06-2009, 08:52 PM
thanks for the offer bill, but i just picked up ryan moats (houston) thinking he may get a big day in against a banged up colts defense. maybe not, but he'll see more touches than mcgahee for sure. mendenhall is tempting, but i already have wallace at wr and miller at te, so i don't want to put too many eggs in the steelers' basket. thanks though. :)

LOL I just got back from the League page and made an offer to you!!!! No problem, Good Luck to you!!

Oh, By the way, did I mention that the YANKEE'S WON THE WORLD SERIES!!! LBNOL

:clap::clap::clap:

p.s. You're a NYer too, no? Man I miss the Canyon of Heroes!!! I'm still trying to remember why the fuck I moved to AZ!!!!!

Merlin1958
11-09-2009, 12:22 PM
You know, I was enjoying the hell outta this league but, recently I found out I'm a douche bag so I'm gonna just bow out and let nature run its course as far as the league goes.

It's been a pleasure folks but, I'll be leaving this league as of today. I just don't need the aggravation. Most of you folks have been a real blast to compete with and I wish you all the very best of luck.

Have fun!!!!!!

Oh, Did you all know the Yankees won the World Series? LOL LOL

RUBE
11-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Man that sucks. What happened? I didn't see anything on here.

Edit: Ok now I've seen it. Do you think that maybe SpaceMan was just trashtalking back with you?

SpaceMaN
11-11-2009, 12:32 PM
make fun of my team, not me.

i know i'm ugly, you don't have to point it out, part of my team-naming process in every league is self-deprecating, and i can see how it'd be easy to confuse my team with me in this case, because they been damn ugly too lately. but please differentiate next time. i'm sure I overreacted.

if i was out of line, i'm sorry. please stay with our league.

RUBE
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I just lost to a team that actually started a player on a bye week, so all I can say is FUCK!:pullhair:

Spencer
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Damn I got screwed. They pulled Warner after I was at work and couldn't sub for him. <_<

jayson
11-29-2009, 03:07 PM
guess i picked the right week to switch back to the jets defense/special teams from the steelers as the jets d/st put up 24 fantasy points today.

go gang green!

SpaceMaN
12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
started out so promising.... (6-0)
and turned to shit..... (0-6)
BUT THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!

jayson
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
started out so promising.... (6-0)
and turned to shit..... (0-6)
BUT THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!

the polar opposite of the tennessee titans :)

still you put up a hell of a game this week since it came down to last night.

really, i just got lucky in switching to the jets defense the one week they put up big numbers and deciding to pick up maroney. i don't often (or ever) touch players on the patriots or dolphins but i needed a running back for the week and maroney got enough points to put me over the top.

SpaceMaN
12-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I gave myself a trophy.

at least i'll finish .500 by whoopin a good team in the last week.

good luck in the playoffs.

Spencer
12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Is there a schedule that shows the playoff structure? I'm guessing I'm not in em, and the rest of us not in the top 4 are playing consolation games. Is that right?

SpaceMaN
12-18-2009, 09:51 AM
yeah, that's right. all the matchups should be on the scoreboard page, or there's a link if you're on the standings page of the playoff matchups.

Spencer
01-15-2010, 01:14 PM
I finally figured it out :lol:

Spencer
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm doing the NFL playoff challenge on NFL.com and it's fun. Not only do you get to pick from the whole field of players still alive in the playoffs each week, but you get a point multiplier for each of your players who win. For example I had Kurt Warner, he won, so this week his points will double if I keep him. Anyone who picks him up this week only gets single value. If you have someone all the way to the Super Bowl you'll get 4x their point value. Makes things very interesting.

SpaceMaN
09-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I know there's only 2 days left, but I can re-activate the league from last year and invite new owners if anyone's interested.

Kvalhion
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
If there's any interest, I'd definitely join :)

SpaceMaN
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, I set up a new league for this year, I need email addresses for people to play. We only have 2 days so be quick about it please.

Spencer
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
I'll get ahold of you.

RUBE
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Is there a way to set up a league to start the second week of the season?

SpaceMaN
09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I bet we could do that. We need 7 more people though, and ones that will actually keep up with it, unlike last year when 3 of the 10 teams never changed their lineups. If we don't have it by next Thursday at the latest, I'm calling it a wash and "wait till next year" like Cubs and Browns fans.

SpaceMaN
09-10-2010, 06:40 AM
6 Players needed still. Should be able to start in week 2. Tell your friends, neighbors, kids. You don't even have to be a member of the site, the guy who won it last year doesn't even read books.

Spencer
09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Everybody get in on this, it's fun!

NeedfulKings
09-12-2010, 08:01 AM
I wish I could say I'd get in, but it's a crazy time for me right now. I hope you guys have fun!!!! :excited:

Merlin1958
09-12-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm in if you'll have me back

wbender2@cox.net

RUBE
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM

I believe you still need to accept your invitation sir.

SpaceMan is right that it is time to enlist family and friends to fill the league so that we can have a draft before next week.

RUBE
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Sssssoooooo...... This is not going to happen, is it?

Spencer
09-17-2010, 05:18 AM

I believe you still need to accept your invitation sir.

SpaceMan is right that it is time to enlist family and friends to fill the league so that we can have a draft before next week.

I can't find an invitation. :lol: I'm so bad at that initial technical stuff.

SpaceMaN
09-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Highly doubtful. Maybe next year.

RUBE
05-30-2012, 07:30 PM
So we were not able to have a Dark Tower fantasy football league the past two years but if people are interested I would definitely like to do this again. If SpaceMan wants to see if we can reopen our old league or if we want to set up a new one, either way I think it would be a lot of fun. We need to get 10 people to commit to participate. Please post here if you would be interested.

Ben Staad
05-31-2012, 03:56 AM
You can count me in. Anyone else interested...We need at least 8 more folks!

ELazansky
05-31-2012, 05:03 AM
I'll play...been a long time since I played FFL

Merlin1958
05-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Hey, as former "champ" I'm in!!!!

Ben Staad
05-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey, as former "chump" I'm in!!!!

Merlin you shouldn't be so hard on yourself :emot-cthulhu:

Merlin1958
05-31-2012, 07:47 AM

Now that was just plain mean!!! :cry::cry::cry:

ELazansky
05-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Here's Merlin's team logo...

http://foreshock.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/newyorkyankeesfootball491.gif

OR

http://www.scripophily.com/webcart/vigs/newyorkyankeesfootballvig.jpg

Ben Staad
05-31-2012, 08:14 AM

Now that was just plain mean!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I'm just kidding of course! You are DA MAN.

Merlin1958
05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Here's Merlin's team logo...

http://foreshock.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/newyorkyankeesfootball491.gif

OR

http://www.scripophily.com/webcart/vigs/newyorkyankeesfootballvig.jpg

LOL Yeah, Baby!!!!! LOL

SkippyD023
05-31-2012, 09:02 AM
You can count me in as well.

RUBE
06-02-2012, 07:11 PM
We just need five more people.

Garrell
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
In...of course:)

Ben Staad
06-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Allright folks we are almost there.

RUBE
06-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I think I have a commitment from SpaceMaN too so that leaves three spots to fill.

Merlin1958
06-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I think I have a commitment from SpaceMaN too so that leaves three spots to fill.

Is it time for a "List" to see where we are? Also, you running it, Rube? Has anyone PMed Needfulkings (Bill)? I think he played with us one year.

RUBE
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
SpaceMan said that he did not want to run it, so unless someone else really wants to be the commissioner I guess I will. We asked Bill in a previous year and he turned us down but feel free to ask again. Also, we will probably use ESPN since we have used it for the other sports-related games recently.

Here is the current list:
Ben Staad
ELazansky
Garrell
Merlin1958
SkippyDO23
RUBE
SpaceMaN

Merlin1958
06-04-2012, 10:08 PM
SpaceMan said that he did not want to run it, so unless someone else really wants to be the commissioner I guess I will. We asked Bill in a previous year and he turned us down but feel free to ask again. Also, we will probably use ESPN since we have used it for the other sports-related games recently.

Here is the current list:
Ben Staad
ELazansky
Garrell
Merlin1958
SkippyDO23
RUBE
SpaceMaN

Very cool with me if you run it. Was just asking. I meant Needfulkings might "play" and I bet I can get RF. I'll PM them both if that's ok?

RUBE
06-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Cool with me. I meant that he turned us down on just participating but definitely ask him again this year. If there is anyone else that you want to PM, go right ahead. We can always make it a 12 or 14 team league if we need to. Also, I did not mean to make it sound like I am trying to take control. I just really was hoping the league would come together again and I am trying to make that happen. If anyone would like to be the commissioner that is cool with me also. If so, go ahead and set up a league and ask for emails. If not, I will do it next week when I get back from vacation.

Ben Staad
06-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Any other takers on this? It is a little known fact that the less you know about fantasty football the better your odds of winning are...just saying.

NeedfulKings
06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Sorry to say I won't be joining in. Real life is way to hectic for me to try and juggle one more thing. I'm not really a stat-guy anyway, so I'll stick to the usual Win/Lose picking, lol.

Best of luck to all of you and sometime during pre-season, check in for the Pick 'Em contest!!!!

Garrell
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
My best friend will join, we are both fantasy junkies:)

NeedfulKings
06-08-2012, 04:06 PM
My best friend will join, we are both fantasy junkies:)

And dude...don't think you won't get your March Madness trophy. We had a few "logistical" problems last month, but it's here and will go out. I cry pardon. :cry:

Garrell
06-08-2012, 04:51 PM
:):):):)

RUBE
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM
It looks like there are no takers for the commissioners position so I will take it. I set up a league for another group that I no longer need so I will convert it. The only thing is that I edited the scoring, mainly to add yardage bonuses and make it less likely defenses will score negative points. If everyone is OK with that then you can start sending me your email addresses via PM so that I can invite you to join. If anyone is strongly opposed to scoring changes, I will see about reseting to the normal ESPN rules.

WE STILL NEED AT LEAST 2 MORE PLAYERS!

Ben Staad
06-13-2012, 03:46 AM
It looks like there are no takers for the commissioners position so I will take it. I set up a league for another group that I no longer need so I will convert it. The only thing is that I edited the scoring, mainly to add yardage bonuses and make it less likely defenses will score negative points. If everyone is OK with that then you can start sending me your email addresses via PM so that I can invite you to join. If anyone is strongly opposed to scoring changes, I will see about reseting to the normal ESPN rules.

WE STILL NEED AT LEAST 2 MORE PLAYERS!

I'm good with the adjusted scoring. I will miss my defense giving me negative points though :)

Nerak
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Can i play?!?!?! PLEASE PLEASE

Ben Staad
06-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Hell ya' you can play! Welcome!

RUBE
06-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Nerak, just PM me your email address.

With Nerak and Garrell's friend that means we only need one more to round out a ten team league but so far I only have emails from Ben Staad, Garrell, and Merlin1958. Just PM your emails when you get a chance.

Also, I am trying to decide on division names and I am thinking of using The Red and The White. If you would prefer to be one or the other, let me know.

Merlin1958
06-13-2012, 07:32 PM

Hell ya' you can play! Welcome!

Damn Patriot fans!!!! They're EVERYWHERE!!!!! However, at least they just can't beat the Giants!!!!

Bring it on, Sister!!!! LOVE to have ya here!!!! :couple:

Ben Staad
06-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Also, I am trying to decide on division names and I am thinking of using The Red and The White. If you would prefer to be one or the other, let me know.

Sounds good to me!

Merlin1958
06-14-2012, 07:23 AM

Sounds good to me!

White, Red... it doesn't matter. When I'm done you all will see Black n Blue!!!! LOL

RUBE
06-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Even if everyone that said they would like to participate does we still need one more person.

Ben Staad
06-20-2012, 03:50 AM
Is RF going to play?

RUBE
06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I think Merlin sent him a PM but I have not heard from him.

Ben Staad
06-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I think Merlin sent him a PM but I have not heard from him.

I can't believe there are so few FF players on this forum!

RUBE
06-20-2012, 04:40 PM
When Spaceman got this league together the first time three years ago he had to get some of his friends to fill out the league. Two years ago he tried to get the league going again but could not get enough people before the season started. No one even tried last year. That is why I started so early this year. I will PM Randall Flagg again. If it starts getting too close to the season, I might spam everyone that participates in the NFL pick'em contest that has not already joined (besides NK who has already declined.)

Merlin1958
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I'll talk to RF again!!!

ELazansky
06-21-2012, 09:13 AM
So do we have any idea when the draft will be taking place? I will be away for most of August, so I was hoping it will be sometime in July

Nerak
06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
ok...now, tell me how to play...I went there...but now what do I do?

ELazansky
06-21-2012, 03:09 PM
We haven't started yet. :-)

There will be a draft where you will have to pick players for your roster. Then, each week, you put your starting players in the lineup and go head-to-head against another player.

SpaceMaN
06-21-2012, 07:03 PM
No flex spot?

It's surprising to me that there is such a small number of players on this huge forum too.

I'm in it but the league here has just never been very active.

Also, is it too late to put me in The Red?

Garrell
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM
alas, myself and hutch are beyond active, we take this very serious!!

RUBE
06-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Hutch still needs to accept his invitation to the league.

SpaceMaN, I am open to suggestions for rule changes. I dropped the flex spot because the fantasy league I participated in on the CBS site did not have one and I actually preferred it that way. In fact, most of the scoring changes I made reflect the way that league was scored. If you would like a flex spot we could put it up to a vote in this forum. Same goes for any other rule. Also, I can edit the divisions so if anyone else would like to switch divisions I can do it.

As for the draft, I would like to have a live online draft but thought it would be best to wait for everyone to join before setting a date. That way we can find a date and time that works for all. If everyone is OK with July that actually works better for me as well. If no one can agree upon a date and time then we might have to do an auto-draft but I would prefer not to. A third option would be to do an offline draft on a thread that I create here but that would require even more coordination and would probably last a very long time.

Nerak, the website does not say that you have accepted your invitation to join. You need to click on the link in the email I sent you that says something about joining, not the URL. Once you have accepted, you must create a team (Name, Nickname, Image, etc). After that you really can't do anything (except mock drafts or setting your own player rankings) until we have our draft.

Merlin1958
06-22-2012, 08:05 AM
I vote "flex"!!!

RUBE
06-22-2012, 10:47 AM
OK. We will have a vote then. It will last until we have all 10 teams signed up. Just post whether you would like a flex position or if you would rather keep the current starting lineup of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, and K.

Ben Staad
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
"Flex"

ELazansky
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
No Flex

SpaceMaN
06-23-2012, 10:10 AM
I vote yes on Flex as well.

The way we do it in my money league is just make it OP (offensive player) but have a standing rule you can't put a QB there. It's only so you can run 2 TE's if you have to, which I've had to during bye weeks. If it were up to me though I just say put the extra RB/WR slot. I think 9 starters and 7 bench is a good medium.

For scoring, I'm not really a big fan of 6pt pass TD's but it's the same for everyone so that's not that big a deal. I like the idea of bonus points for huge yardage games or long touchdowns, but again, that's not a standard rule so I say vote on it. Mine would be no, or at least very limited bonuses, like over 200 rushing or recieving, or over 70yd touchdowns.

I'd prefer an online draft as well, though I work nights so I'd most likely miss it anyway. I do set my stuff up pretty in depth to pick for me though.

noal
06-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Football, YES!

Oh, THAT football.

Bye!

:lol:

RUBE
06-24-2012, 12:54 PM
We still need one more. Anyone hear from RF or does anyone else have a suggestion for someone to invite before I start spamming the people on the pick'em page?

Does anyone second SpaceMaN's dislike for the 6 point passing TDs? If so, we can put that up to a vote too. Currently, the voting for the flex position stands at 3 to 2 in favor of it with four people to vote (the late-comer will have to live with whatever the other nine decide.)

Merlin1958
06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm PM-ing RF right now!!! Let you know!!!

Merlin1958
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
RF is out. Anyone PM Needfulkings???

RUBE
06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
He already said no. I see that Spencer participated in the first league. I will try sending him a PM.

RUBE
06-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Nerak decided not to play, so now we need two people. The other option is that I could change it to an 8 person league. Any thoughts?