PDA

View Full Version : Random SK Book Questions!

CyberGhostface
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I've seen this quote all over the internet attributed to SK as if he actually said it himself. But I'm 90% sure that this quote was actually from Desperation and was said by Johnny Marrinville. Can someone tell me if I'm correct or not? Thanks.

razz
06-16-2009, 05:13 PM
according to the Dark Tower wiki site, it's from Wizard and Glass :orely:

razz
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
nope, I was wrong. It's The Stand (near the end of Ch 48). Page 617 in uncut edition and (i think) 607 in original. try that :)

CyberGhostface
06-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks. Do you know the context of it?

EDIT: NVM, I have a copy. I'll see if I can find it...

razz
06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
let's see...
Flagg sent wolves to kill The Kid, making Trashcan Man worship him, and it was used to explain why Trashy spent 20 minutes shouting praises to a crow.

flaggwalkstheline
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
trashcan man is the freaking best:onfire:

razz
06-16-2009, 06:33 PM
yes, yes he is :pirate:

Brice
06-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Cyber, I don't mean this unkindly at all, but does a yes/no question that's likely to be answered quickly really require it's own thread? I mean isn't there a preexisting thread you could ask questions such as this in?

Jean
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't think we have a quick non-DT Q&A thread right now; maybe the present one should develop into such (after renaming)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Ves'Ka Gan
07-12-2009, 10:09 PM
At some point or another we all have a question that maybe we aren't sure *which* book it relates to...so I thought I'd start a thread....

For a few days now I've had a rhyme that I've now googled to find is an old folk song, but for some reason, I swear that it was brought up or quoted in some Stephen King book, but I can't remember which or why...anybody recognize this:

"And the cat came back the very next day
The cat came back, we thought he was a goner
The cat came back he just couldn't stay away"

Not sure if the whole rhyme is related to the book...but at least "And the cat came back the very next day".

Vague enough?? Was hoping one of our members with a photographic memory for King would remember if/which book it was quoted in.

John Blaze
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't recall that at all.

I know alot of the older books have quotes and snippets of song lyrics before the chapter, so I'll look in mine.

good thread idea though.

pathoftheturtle
07-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Not vague at all. I'd think that one would be self-evident. It's in Pet Semetary.

Ves'Ka Gan
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh, my. Of course it would be Pet Semetary...which now makes this feel even MORE odd for me, as I haven't read that book in YEARS! I wonder what made that rhyme pop into my head?

John Blaze
07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
lol, nice Path, way to make me feel like an idiot :lol:

gsvec
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
It's also a cartoon that I love! And that damned song is catchy. Thanks, Ves - now I'll have to go to the 'song you can't get out of your head' thread. :lol:

Ves'Ka Gan
07-13-2009, 09:55 PM
*twilight zone music*

So not only have I not read that book in at least 10 yrs...I just looked at the shelf--I don't even own it! I wonder if the spirit of Pet Semetary is trying to tell me something????? :panic:

Hopefully it's saying "Hey, go buy that book, and re-read it dumb shit" and not something more cryptic.

pathoftheturtle
07-14-2009, 07:17 AM
*twilight zone music*
The owls are more than they seem. :evil:
lol, nice Path, way to make me feel like an idiot :lol:That happens to me all the time. :blush: Just goes to show the truth of the saying that there is no "I" in team. ;)

John Blaze
07-14-2009, 03:48 PM
:lol: right!

Ves'Ka Gan
07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
*twilight zone music*
lol, nice Path, way to make me feel like an idiot :lol:That happens to me all the time. :blush: Just goes to show the truth of the saying that there is no "I" in team. ;)

Ah, but there are two in "Idiot" one for me and one for JB, I suppose :P

John Blaze
07-14-2009, 10:39 PM
*twilight zone music*

Ah, but there are two in "Idiot" one for me and one for JB, I suppose :P
><

pathoftheturtle
07-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Ah, but there are two in "Idiot" one for me and one for JB, I suppose :PNot a very nice thing to say about a guy who just wanted to help you out. :|

I am pretty good at making people feel bad, aren't I? :lol:

jhanic
07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
When you all get to my age, you'll just define that as a "senior moment"!

John

Jean
07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gif
I'm getting there...

Ves'Ka Gan
07-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm blaming pregnancy brain...

and I'm blaming my comment that could be construed as mean on hormones.

It's good to be a woman sometimes.

John Blaze
07-17-2009, 02:37 AM
it wasn't construed as mean, it was correctly interpreted as funny.:rock:

no worries kid, and pregnancy is awesome:huglove:

mostly because it doesn't happen to guys. :P

osseolax28
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
just watched Dolans Cadillac, a new stephen king film i think, and was wondering if Jim Dolan supposed to be Flagg? Theres so many things that point to it directly, at least in the movie, havent read the story.

So has anyone else seen the movie and thinks the same?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Seen it and read the story. No connection. Dolan is just a hood.

ChildoftheTurtle
08-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Ok, so this has been driving me crazy - WHAT King story contains a scene beginning in an abandoned diner with a white children's tennis shoe? I know that is super vague, but it is one of those "tip of the brain" things that is absolutely KILLING me, do ya kennit. Help?!? Thanks!!

NoLabelBG
12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
just watched Dolans Cadillac, a new stephen king film i think, and was wondering if Jim Dolan supposed to be Flagg? Theres so many things that point to it directly, at least in the movie, havent read the story.

So has anyone else seen the movie and thinks the same?

Seen it and read the story. No connection. Dolan is just a hood.

In fact, there is a connection! The movie begins with the description of Randal Flagg from The Stand! They used it to describe Dolan! It was very strange! And stupid, i think! Flag is way more evil, interesting and "classy" character than Dolan. Dolan was a small fish! He didn't earned this awesome description!

SigTauGimp
12-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Ok, so this has been driving me crazy - WHAT King story contains a scene beginning in an abandoned diner with a white children's tennis shoe? I know that is super vague, but it is one of those "tip of the brain" things that is absolutely KILLING me, do ya kennit. Help?!? Thanks!!

The first thing that came to my mind was "Cell"...but it was only the child's shoe bit that made me think of it.

Sam
12-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm thinking Cell also, but like you I think it's just the child's shoe that's leading me there.

Patrick
12-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Ok, so this has been driving me crazy - WHAT King story contains a scene beginning in an abandoned diner with a white children's tennis shoe? I know that is super vague, but it is one of those "tip of the brain" things that is absolutely KILLING me, do ya kennit. Help?!? Thanks!!Sounds like BLACK HOUSE if memory serves.

Kronz
02-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I think this may be something that happened in DT books but I can't be sure and it's driving me nuts: whose father poisoned a neighbor's horses during the Depression and forced the farmer to move on? I read a ton of books this winter and for some reason the little backstory bit is stuck in my head and I can't place it. It was a white guy who was a kid in the Depression and the farmer was black. I don't even remember what the point or context was. The only character I can think of Prentiss. Is that right? Anyone? Sorry for putting this in non-DT questions but I can't remember. I read all seven of them a couple months ago and then a wack of other King novels. It may have been in Blaze?

Savvy
02-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Not what you are looking for but there is a Pimli(?) Prentiss in one of the DT books. He didn't work with horses though

cody44
02-28-2010, 03:57 PM
^ is a major spoiler for people who haven't read DT: VII, maybe it should be in a spoiler tag.

Brice
02-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I agree! It should be spoilered, please.

Savvy
03-01-2010, 06:42 AM
I agree! It should be spoilered, please.

Sorry peeps didnt think, I took the whole thing of as I couldnt work out the spoiler thingybob. Sorry again!:rolleyes:

Brice
03-01-2010, 07:29 AM
No worries! You just need to click the radioactive symbol in the box you post in for spoilers. :)

Flavio
03-01-2010, 05:42 PM
What do you think that happens after, in the book Cell...
Clay makes a call to the 911 and gives the phone to his zombie-son

I would kill to know what happened after the book finished, and who made all the mess...
And... this will be stupid but I am a Cat-Lover, yes... What happens with Tom's Cat...
The one that Clay mentions "President of the US" :doh:

PD: Cell was the first S.K. book I ever red...
I could not sleep the first night after reading it... that means that I did not get to the part that says that the phone-crazyes do not enter in the houses during the first night XD

Kronz
03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
@savvy yeah I remember Prentiss, it is just the backstory I can't place. It just reminded me of the Hanlons in It, but in a different novel. Any help?

Savvy
03-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Its really annoying me now :panic: I seem to remember something like the back story but I'm sure it wasn't in DT books:arg:

Savvy
03-09-2010, 04:47 AM
I keep thinking of The Eyes of the Dragon

where Ben Staads dad Andrew loses his farm and he joins the exiles

WeDealInLead
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I have a question about The Breathing Method. Does anyone have any idea who John, the English teacher at the end is? I wouldn't put it past King to hint at someone who appears in other works but I can't think of anyone except John from The Dead Zone.

woodpryan
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I have a question about Wizard and Glass. I have the first plume trade paperback edition. I saw on Dave Mckean's website that there were more illustrations from Wizard and Glass. Were there more in the first edition hardback than in the trade paper editions?

woodpryan
07-18-2010, 11:55 AM
BUMP!
I'm still unable to find the answer to this question. If anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I have a question about Wizard and Glass. I have the first plume trade paperback edition. I saw on Dave Mckean's website that there were more illustrations from Wizard and Glass. Were there more in the first edition hardback than in the trade paper editions?

Brice
07-18-2010, 04:07 PM
How many illustrations are in the Plume?

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
There are 18 illustrations in the hardback and 12 in the Plume.

woodpryan
07-18-2010, 07:51 PM
There are 18 illustrations in the hardback and 12 in the Plume.

excellent. Thank you. Wizard and Glass is the next Dark Tower first edition I plan to get. I'll probably have to get The Gunslinger last since it's so expensive. Anyone know why some of the illustrations were removed for the Plume and subsequent editions? Just out of curiosity.

woodpryan
07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Sweet! Went ahead and edited the wikipedia page for Wizard and Glass so that this information is available to anyone else who is looking for it. :)

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-19-2010, 06:41 AM
I would venture a guess that it was cheaper to leave out some of the illustrations. Just for the record, the UK Hodder & Stoughton trade paperback has NO illustrations.

woodpryan
07-20-2010, 09:33 PM
I would venture a guess that it was cheaper to leave out some of the illustrations. Just for the record, the UK Hodder & Stoughton trade paperback has NO illustrations.

I wouldn't buy a copy without the illustrations. I think they add to the story. I don't own any of the books in mass market.

harrison ryan
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I have a rather random general question that seems like it would suit this thread. Last night I embarked on a re-read of Carrie, thinking I might review all of King's early catalog (say, up to Needful Things or so) since I've acquired cheap paperback versions of nearly everything in the last six months or so. Then a question occurred to me: Why not start from the very beginning? Does anyone have a master list of all of King's work--short stories, novellas, novels, etc. listed in order of publication? Let's start with "I Was a Teenage Grave Robber", the unpublished juvenilia is irrelevant. I would really like to read everything in order of creation to place it in proper perspective, but that can be even trickier to pinpoint in a lot of cases. For example, we know that The Long Walk was written prior to Carrie, and The Gunslinger was begun when King was nineteen! The novellas which make up Different Seasons were each written after a major novel, so I'd like to read them in that order. Does this question of creation vs. publication make sense? Can anyone help me attain as accurate a list as possible or point me in the direction of one? Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reading order which would place everything in its proper perspective, perhaps a mix of the dates of completion and dates of publication?

biomieg
04-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Harrison, you should get yourself a copy of Justin Brooks' 'Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography'. This book will help answer your question better than anyone can over the 'Net. It's really the definitive King bibliography (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, plays, unpublished stuff, you name it).

Ric
04-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Harrison, you should get yourself a copy of Justin Brooks' 'Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography'. This book will help answer your question better than anyone can over the 'Net. It's really the definitive King bibliography (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, plays, unpublished stuff, you name it).

This!!! :)

harrison ryan
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
This!!! :)

?

Cook
04-12-2011, 05:14 PM

Hey Biomieg,
I been looking to buy a copy of this and was curious to know if either or both of the soft or hardcover editions has illustrations?

biomieg
04-13-2011, 01:33 AM
I have the softcover edition and I was going to say it doesn't have any illustrations but I'm not so sure actually - there may be a couple on the title pages of the different chapters. I can't check it right now. But if there are any, it's not much. The book is really just a long list with bibliographical info. If you want pics/illustrations you should get a copy of George Beahm's Stephen King Collectibles. It's woefully outdated as a price guide but it's a nice book to have regardless.

CRinVA
04-13-2011, 06:23 AM
The CD Publications hardcover version of Justin brooks book has cover art by Alan M. Clark (SK Signpost) and interior black and white draawings by Glenn Chadbourne. They are simply introductory pictures to each section of the book and not of any of the items listed in the bibliography. There are 12 drawings in true Chandbourne fashion.

harrison ryan
04-13-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wood01.gif
Well, I'm heavy into my search for rare King works from his early days. Does anyone know if Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished was printed in any other form than the limited edition hardcovers from Cemetary Dance? I would love to read it without shelling out a bunch of dough. Was it ever released as a trade paperback? Does anyone know of a digital version perhaps?

biomieg
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Everything that is in that book is also in Justin Brooks' book. The difference is that Brooks' book merely lists all known King pieces (published an unpublished) with a bit of bibliographic info while the book you show also contains reviews/critiques and such.

I don't think there's a trade paperback version of it but there are some proofs of the book out there. I have one, I didn't want to spend my money on the limited either. I got it for $30 I think.

harrison ryan
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Can I borrow it? Just kidding.
Looks like I am going to have to get my hands on that Brooks book...

beam*seeker
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I have a rather random general question that seems like it would suit this thread. Last night I embarked on a re-read of Carrie, thinking I might review all of King's early catalog (say, up to Needful Things or so) since I've acquired cheap paperback versions of nearly everything in the last six months or so. Then a question occurred to me: Why not start from the very beginning? Does anyone have a master list of all of King's work--short stories, novellas, novels, etc. listed in order of publication? Let's start with "I Was a Teenage Grave Robber", the unpublished juvenilia is irrelevant. I would really like to read everything in order of creation to place it in proper perspective, but that can be even trickier to pinpoint in a lot of cases. For example, we know that The Long Walk was written prior to Carrie, and The Gunslinger was begun when King was nineteen! The novellas which make up Different Seasons were each written after a major novel, so I'd like to read them in that order. Does this question of creation vs. publication make sense? Can anyone help me attain as accurate a list as possible or point me in the direction of one? Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reading order which would place everything in its proper perspective, perhaps a mix of the dates of completion and dates of publication? great idea--I'd join this reread group & it sounds like fun

Harrison, you should get yourself a copy of Justin Brooks' 'Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography'. This book will help answer your question better than anyone can over the 'Net. It's really the definitive King bibliography (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, plays, unpublished stuff, you name it). whoever organizes the group can make the reading list? (someone besides me, that is?)

Roland of Gilead 33
06-27-2013, 04:37 PM
1stly i apologize if i didn't put this in the right area folks. but i had no idea where to ask it to be honest, and Random SK book Questions sounded like a good question. i had asked my mom to pick me up a copy of the paperback version of Under the dome. i have the hardback novel but when i want to say go to work and read on my lunch break carrying that heavy novel is a fucking bitch. so i was wanting to get the paperback version of it which is no doubt lighter. my question is there a paperback version of it? or just the hardback and she says the trade paperback version of it. i wasn't with her so i
have no idea what she was even looking for? anyways, i kinda stopped paying attention to the paperback releases cause i buy the hardbacks.

so i have no idea how they released Under The Dome. and also the reason i just said fuck it and had my mom pick me up a copy is i don't get out much. other than going to work. and she gets out more than i do. again much apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

jhanic
06-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Under the Dome has been issued in paperback. Check out eBay or Amazon.

John

harrison ryan
06-28-2013, 06:47 AM
Trade paperbacks have been released in two formats with the addition of the new TV tie-in version. I've never seen an American mass market version anywhere.

Roland of Gilead 33
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
well the version i was told told was a big edition. i will look more thanxs. and i did look on amazon i really couldn't figure out which was paperback or trade. yes i know the difference. but i was thinking along the lines of trade paper backs some people just call them paperback. and since amazon only said paperback that it maybe meant that was what they meant. i dunno i was dog tired yesterday or whatever day i looked at amazon. thanxs though

ChristineB
06-28-2013, 11:43 AM
I was just looking at Amazon.com and they have listings for mass market paperbacks different then the trade paperbacks (which they just call paperbacks). So the UTD paperback they have listed is trade paperback edition.

Roland of Gilead 33
06-28-2013, 09:34 PM
that's what i thought. and if my post made people confused upon reading it, i apologize i was dog fucking tired when i wrote that. and i had trouble
typing it cause i couldn't figure out a good way to put it. anyways i asked the same question about it being in paperback on IMDB well the Stephen King board. just for shits sake ya know? cause i had no idea how long it would be until i got a response from here. and someone posted they think it's only been put out in Trade. so i dunno what to think ya know? i need to go to a bookstore at some point soon and see for myself. or hell ask someone who works there!

ChristineB
06-29-2013, 07:25 AM
I can tell you right now, with Amazon only having a listing for the trade paperback, there has yet to be a MMPB made of UTD.

Jean
06-29-2013, 07:32 AM
i have the hardback novel but when i want to say go to work and read on my lunch break carrying that heavy novel is a fucking bitch. Under the Dome is the only (except the treasured DT editions sent to me by Jerome a few years ago) hardback King novel I have. I bought it in Paris two years ago. It was an act of idiotism, but I couldn't wait. I was hauling it with me around Paris, and reading it in parks, cafes, everywhere. My bag (camera, water bottle, wallet, keys... and then that volume) was outrageously heavy. But it somehow added to my love of that book.

... kindle!.. KINDLE is the answer to everything!...

Roland of Gilead 33
06-30-2013, 07:40 PM
ok i have 2 other questions for ya folks, my apologies if i asked this already. i honestly can't remember. i have a paperback version of "the Shining' and 'it's a (2001) printing 1st printing i believe from Pocket Books it's been years since i last read the shining. but i don't remember it being 683 pages.

and than i have a paperback of 'Salems Lot' put out by Pocket as well. i also don't remember the book being 631 pages but these paperbacks are
that long. are they longer versions? i haven't read them yet and even if did i haven't read Salem's Lot since like fucking High school i believe. so it's been years. so i would be unable to tell what's been added and what not. am i wrong in thinking this or did Pocket just make the print smaller and make the paperback books longer than they originally were the way they printed them? thank you by the way for the help.

what's MMPB by the way? and Kindle see isn't my kind of thing. that's fine for those who like it. but i'm old fashion i guess. when i read a book i love the smell of a new book just like someone loves the smell of a new car. and each NEW SK book has their own kind of smell. it's weird i know but it's how i am. it doesn't turn me on or anything like it may some people.

i just love holding the books weather it be paperback or hardback in my hands. or if it's a heavy ass book like say "IT" if i'm reading the harback of it i lay on my bed and read it while i set the book on my bed.

harrison ryan
06-30-2013, 07:44 PM
They are not longer versions, the type is just larger.

MMPB=mass market paperback

it doesn't turn me on or anything like it may some people.

Ha ha.

Roland of Gilead 33
06-30-2013, 08:14 PM
i thought you'd like that. i only say that cause you know how there's many type's of things that people get off on. and it would NOT surprise me if that was one of them. and thanx again for the help. it's also nice to know that we STILL got bookstores around. not many are left by where i live. which pisses me off to no end.

ChristineB
07-01-2013, 08:55 AM
The MMPB of these books are always going to be longer then the originals since they are phsycally smaller then the hard backs are.

Roland of Gilead 33
07-01-2013, 09:13 PM
i picked up the trade paperback of under the dome yesterday. and i think i may go to sam's club which we have one out by us and get it there cheaper.
it's lighter than the hardback but it's still a big book. he he. i am curious though i bought Joyland recently i haven't read it yet. but it took me by surprise that it wasn't the same size as The Colorado kid. which i have 2 copies of. one i got used and it's been read and one is brand spanking new

and it's never been read nor do i intend it to be read either. is there a smaller edition of it? i'm just curious that's all. if i can find a copy of the hardback of joyland i'm getting it. if not than i'm not.

ChristineB
07-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Joyland was only issued in trade paperback size. Not including the hardback editions of course.

Roland of Gilead 33
07-02-2013, 10:05 PM
oh ok. thanxs. it just caught me by surprise that's all. cause i was just fully expecting for it to be the same size as the colorado kid that's all.

it's not a big deal though. i was just curious that's all. thanxs.

ChristineB
07-03-2013, 08:21 AM
It caught me as strange also that Joyland was not the same size as TCK.

Merlin1958
07-03-2013, 04:15 PM
It caught me as strange also that Joyland was not the same size as TCK.

Why exactly? It's a totally different edition, no? As I recall, HC released predominantly PB editions of TCK as well and only a limited amount of HC's, right?

Just curious is all.

jhanic
07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Hard Case Crime did not release the hardcover Colorado Kid. That was PS Publishing.

John

WeDealInLead
07-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Joyland is a little bigger than the standard HCC paperbacks. Maybe they changed the dimensions recently but older books I've seen are the same size as The Colorado Kid.

Merlin1958
07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Hard Case Crime did not release the hardcover Colorado Kid. That was PS Publishing.

John

Oops, yes you are totally right. My Bad!!!

Herbie_Marsten
09-24-2023, 08:41 AM
I have a rather random general question that seems like it would suit this thread. Last night I embarked on a re-read of Carrie, thinking I might review all of King's early catalog (say, up to Needful Things or so) since I've acquired cheap paperback versions of nearly everything in the last six months or so. Then a question occurred to me: Why not start from the very beginning? Does anyone have a master list of all of King's work--short stories, novellas, novels, etc. listed in order of publication? Let's start with "I Was a Teenage Grave Robber", the unpublished juvenilia is irrelevant. I would really like to read everything in order of creation to place it in proper perspective, but that can be even trickier to pinpoint in a lot of cases. For example, we know that The Long Walk was written prior to Carrie, and The Gunslinger was begun when King was nineteen! The novellas which make up Different Seasons were each written after a major novel, so I'd like to read them in that order. Does this question of creation vs. publication make sense? Can anyone help me attain as accurate a list as possible or point me in the direction of one? Does anyone have any suggestions as to a reading order which would place everything in its proper perspective, perhaps a mix of the dates of completion and dates of publication?

Hey,

First Words include "Jhonathan and the Witchs" written when SK was 9. That would be the first story.

Herbie_Marsten
09-26-2023, 09:37 AM

http://whatismymovie.com/results?text=Stephen+king+movie+scene+beginning+in +an+abandoned+diner+with+a+white+children%27s+tenn is+shoe&qid=8dc6029e-52ed-4a58-bd22-672ed0f1a9ed

Suggested 3 King movies for your question.
Shawshank Redemption (I doubt it is correct)
Dolores Claiborne
Cats Eye.

There's a start at least

I didn't Black House had a movie version.

Herbie_Marsten
09-26-2023, 09:44 AM
I think this may be something that happened in DT books but I can't be sure and it's driving me nuts: whose father poisoned a neighbor's horses during the Depression and forced the farmer to move on? I read a ton of books this winter and for some reason the little backstory bit is stuck in my head and I can't place it. It was a white guy who was a kid in the Depression and the farmer was black.

Did you ever get an answer?

Iwritecode
09-26-2023, 11:33 AM
At least 2 of those posters haven't been on the forums in over a decade...