PDA

View Full Version : Buy From Amazon-TheDarktower.com Benefits!

Fsmdr
06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I am sure some of you buy regularly from Amazon as I do. Did you know that if you buy through Tomas website : Stephen King Collector, that Tomas gets credit for it?. Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhomepa ge.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26%252AVersion%252A%3D1%26%252 Aentries%252A%3D0&tag=thecollecto0f-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

Thought it might be nice to be able to benefit a member here if you are buying from Amazon anyway. If this is inappropriate, please feel to delete the thread.

<ô> bango skank <ô>
06-05-2009, 07:39 PM
hell... i just bought all the DT comics and the DT compendium yesterday from amazon. Next time!

herbertwest
06-06-2009, 02:09 AM
lilja does it as well

e_taylor
06-06-2009, 04:25 AM
I did not know that, but I'd love to help Tomas out. Mind you I've never bought anything from amazon before!

jhanic
06-06-2009, 05:28 AM
What kind of credit do they get?

John

Fsmdr
06-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I am guessing a percentage of the sales.

Patrick
06-06-2009, 10:12 AM
So I guess this raises the question of whether we have other members who might benefit.

So far:
Stephen King Collector
Lilja's Library

herbertwest
06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I am guessing a percentage of the sales.

yes it is

turtlex
06-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Folks - Anyone can become an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and get credit/money for directing sales to amazon.

Here's the link to the associates program : https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

Room 217 Caretaker
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Folks - Anyone can become an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and get credit/money for directing sales to amazon.

Here's the link to the associates program : https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

Can this site get credit???? If so, why not give the money to the fund raiser? Amazon might even kick in and help. :excited:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

turtlex
06-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Ralph - That's a great idea... Yes, I believe so. I'll mention it to Matt.

thecollector
06-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Hey guys,

Well that's very nice of you to post here, although I would certainly understand not only if Matt wanted to delete this thread (since it's not supporting DT.com) but replace it with a dt.com referral.

The referral fee is nothing earth shattering, roughly 5% of sales. If you look at it another way that's roughly 92 cents in referral for a hardback of Just after Sunset, or 45 cents for a paperback copy of The Stand.... and at the end of the year amazon will send you a nice little form for your taxes so the goverment can take their cut.

That being said, if you're going to be ordering from amazon and you'd like to help out my site in the process with no added cost to you:

Here is a working skcollector amazon referral link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhomepa ge.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26%252AVersion%252A%3D1%26%252 Aentries%252A%3D0&tag=thecollecto0f-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957) Proceeds go directly back into the site.

Matt
06-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Thanks for saying that Tomas, I would be very please if people were using that link on your site.

But since this has just been brought to my attention, we may actually decide to do a referral link from this site for Haven. However, I don't want that to discourage anyone from using the link on any of these great sites.

Matt

jhanic
06-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Would this apply only to Amazon in the US or to Amazon.uk also? (I buy all the UK first editions of King's work as they come out via Amazon.co.uk.)

John

Matt
06-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I would like to make it cover all if we have one here John--my main concern is that it wouldn't be obtrusive to people.

jhanic
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
That would be great! I seldom deal with Amazon US because I like to patronize my local stores, but I do a lot with Amazon UK.

John

Matt
06-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks for that info, I would have never even thought of the UK Amazon if it had not been brought up. :couple:

Fsmdr
06-08-2009, 09:46 AM
My apologies again if anyone feel this thread is inappropriate here. Just thinking that it might benefit a fellow member. :grouphug:

Matt
06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Not at all, I don't mind a bit. I figure people are going to do what they feel and the sites mentioned are great friends of this one. :clap:

Randall Flagg
06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
My apologies again if anyone feel this thread is inappropriate here. Just thinking that it might benefit a fellow member. :grouphug:
At this time tdt.com really was not even aware of the pass-through for purchases. Matt has already spoken, and confirmed there are no problems with this thread.
In fact it has been very helpful. Please don't worry a bit.
The Collector has been VERY helpful to the site and I for one wish him great success.

Matt
06-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Same here, very well said Jerome.

So that thing is on every page, what do you guys think? Wish it was thinner. :cyclops:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Same here, very well said Jerome.

So that thing is on every page, what do you guys think? Wish it was thinner. :cyclops:

Sorry, but I hate it. Colors do not fit well on the pages.

Matt
06-09-2009, 09:39 AM
That's okay, I'm just trying it out. I appreciate the honest opinion.

I am not sure I am going to find colors that match our site though

turtlex
06-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I'd rather it be on the bottom of the page - where we could get to it when we wanted, but also where it's not screaming at us at the top.

alinda
06-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Dude! I thought it was a freaking pop up, I was trying to delete the thing :wtf:
Honestly if it helps the site, it's cool, but it is a bit obtrusive at first.We'll get used to it no doubt.

Pam, thats a good idea !

Matt
06-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I can try it at the bottom :huglove:

I'm not sure it's necessary but I'm quitting my job to start a small business so anything would help.

If its too much, it isn't worth the inconvenience it creates.

turtlex
06-09-2009, 09:49 AM
( Good luck with starting your own business Matt, that's wonderful! )

To me, it being at the bottom would make it both available and unobtrusive.

Also, is there a way to add a note saying all proceeds benefit Haven?

Matt
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
It's at the bottom. I am not sure if I can put a note on it, maybe a mouse over message.

turtlex
06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh, personally, I like that a lot better!

And is it up and active now? For purchases, etc?

turtlex
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Oh, and sorry for the new message - but that takes you right to amazon and AWAY from TDT...

... is there a way to make it open another window?

Matt
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Hmmm, I can check on that. I think I can code it to open a new window.

Other than that, it's ready to go.

Lily-sai
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Great! I'll definitely be using that link for my future purchases. Thankee-sai big-big, Matt! :dance:

Arthur Heath
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Im an avid Amazon guy. More often than not I receive my product ahead of the estimated shipping time and have never been ripped off. Now if only I hadnt misplaced my visa card yesterday...

jhanic
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Is there a link to Amazon UK? As soon as I can, I'll cancel my existing pre-order for the UK edition of Under the Dome and re-order it using that link.

John

alinda
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, liking it at the bottom of the page much better!:)

Matt, good luck with opening up your own bussiness.:couple:your a brave man!
I'd be scared to death, but with all your good karma your bound to be a great success.

Matt
06-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Is there a link to Amazon UK? As soon as I can, I'll cancel my existing pre-order for the UK edition of Under the Dome and re-order it using that link.

John

I had a look at this John and it is possible with a seperate banner. Which would be okay but they also force a UK address for payments. They won't even send a gift card to the US from there. :(

(I could have given that away in the fund raiser :lol:)

Why a seperate link and why they can't do it to the US I am not sure, seems like it could be useful.

Thanks for the love on it you guys, we're going to use it to. :clap:

alinda
06-09-2009, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Matt;402644
Thanks for the love on it you guys, we're going to use it to. :clap:[/QUOTE]

I already have, got me an audio of Duma Key. I think (hope) Sai King is reading.
So thanks for the hook up, glad to do my little bit to help out. :huglove:

jhanic
06-09-2009, 03:23 PM

John

I had a look at this John and it is possible with a seperate banner. Which would be okay but they also force a UK address for payments. They won't even send a gift card to the US from there. :(

Why a seperate link and why they can't do it to the US I am not sure, seems like it could be useful.

No problem, Matt. I was just hoping...

John

Room 217 Caretaker
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Nope....your thread isn't inappropriate. In fact, this is the kind of thread that helps our site and helps our future foundation. Kudos to you for bringing it to our attention and kudos to Tomas for wanting to keep the wealth within the foundation.

I love this family :huglove:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

sarajean
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Nope....your thread isn't inappropriate. In fact, this is the kind of thread that helps our site and helps our future foundation. Kudos to you for bringing it to our attention and kudos to Tomas for wanting to keep the wealth within the foundation.

I love this family :huglove:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

quoted for truth. :thumbsup:

Heather19
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Is this the tiny banner that's showing up at the very bottom of the page? It took me forever to find it.

e_taylor
06-09-2009, 05:27 PM

John

Maybe one of our friends on the other side of the pond can set up an account for Haven on the UK site?

jhanic
06-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Matt, you might want to run a banner across the top explaining that using the Amazon link at the bottom of the page can provide money for the Haven Foundation. If people don't know this, they may think it's simply another advertisement.

John

Randall Flagg
06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Is this the tiny banner that's showing up at the very bottom of the page? It took me forever to find it.
Yes. It is on the main page, at the bottom. Don't feel bad, I had to look too.:thumbsup:

turtlex
06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Actually, I think it's at the bottom of every page, right?

Brice
06-10-2009, 01:08 AM
right

Matt
06-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Great idea John and Eric!!

I have to be out of town for two days training on a system I am never going to use. Home in the evenings. So I can start running something in the Marquee tonight

Randall Flagg
06-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Actually, I think it's at the bottom of every page, right?
Yes. My mistake.

alinda
06-10-2009, 06:40 AM
safe journeys Matt, and try to have some fun on the way.:huglove:

Heather19
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Yes. It is on the main page, at the bottom. Don't feel bad, I had to look too.:thumbsup:

Honestly, I never scroll that far down on the page, so I never would have even seen it if I didn't see this thread.

I think it would be a good idea to put something up in the marque, or homepage at least temporarily so that people become aware of it. :thumbsup:

Matt
06-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Still going to do that. Busy out of town---off early tonight.

Matt

Darkthoughts
06-11-2009, 04:18 AM
I buy off Amazon all the time. That's Amazon UK of course, so as soon as something is set up for that I will order everything through us :thumbsup:

Matt
06-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I might need to set up a "depot" in the UK to accept from there Lisa. You maybe the perfect cadidate for that if you don't mind. :couple:

It would make another link down there.

Randall Flagg
06-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Matt, how can we test the click through to make sure it works? I often buy stuff (and need something now) from Amazon.

Matt
06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
It's actually a weird thing. I have my dt.com email addy (where the link to check this is) at home and on my work computer.

Over the last two days, had to do a system restore on the one at home...lost a TON of stuff. But nothing from here, it's all remote. :thumbsup:

Now that wouldn't be a problem except I've been away from my work computer for 2 days.

Tomorrow, I will be able to check to see if the confirmed buy I have paid a little towards it. It's supposed to be real simple, go on using the link...buy something, it comes over.

Patrick
06-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey Matt,

I just bought the hardcover of STEPHEN KING GOES TO THE MOVIES from Amazon using the TDT.com link. Please let me know whether you receive something on your end.

(Copy the above hardcover title, open Amazon using the TDT.com link, then paste into the search window).

Thanks to Geoff for alerting us in another thread that the book is available at a discount.

One problem: The TDT.com Amazon link moves me off TDT.com rather than popping up a new separate window.

Cloysterpete
06-12-2009, 12:33 AM
You could right click and select open link in new window.

But your right, having it open a new window/tab by default would be better.

Matt
06-12-2009, 05:17 AM
I'm going to try to put that in the code but what you said is a great suggestion for a temp fix Cloysterpete.

I will check at work today to see what we have you guys. :rock:

Matt
06-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Sorry for the double post but I wanted everyone to know this IS working. We have had one order shipped and the site got .72! :rock:

Nothing to sneeze at imo.

alinda
06-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Cool...:rock:maybe my CD purchase reflects the 2 cents? :wtf:

Heather19
06-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Quick question - Can I just bookmark that Amazon link to my favorites, will it give you the credit when I order something, or every time do I have to actually click the link from this website?

Randall Flagg
06-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Matt will clarify, but I believe the link http://www.amazon.com/b?node=283155&tag=thedacom07-20&camp=15329&creative=331817&linkCode=ur1&adid=0TA4JFNS3E94QK24F0YN& will get credit to tdt.com

Matt
06-15-2009, 06:40 AM
That is correct, if you "right click" the link at the bottom of the page then save it as a favorite, it will always go to the site.

Got a bunch of orders out there too! :huglve:

ola
06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Question: so if I want to buy something on Amazon, and I click on the banner to go there...and then sign in to my account and stuff...anything bought after that should count right? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I wasn't sure if signing in would make a difference in the process.

Matt
06-16-2009, 04:40 AM
It's wonder that you are interested in supporting the site that way ola. As far as I know, click the link, sign in and we still get it but I am monitoring.

alinda
06-16-2009, 05:15 AM
I got my CD of Duma Key, it is kinda cool to hear some one else do the reading:thumbsup:
I'm gonna use this link think from now on:rock:

Matt
06-19-2009, 06:22 AM
$4.20 so far!!

Thanks you guys, this is really cool.

Patrick
06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Question: so if I want to buy something on Amazon, and I click on the banner to go there...and then sign in to my account and stuff...anything bought after that should count right? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I wasn't sure if signing in would make a difference in the process.
It's wonder that you are interested in supporting the site that way ola. As far as I know, click the link, sign in and we still get it but I am monitoring.
I used the link at the bottom of the site, then when I Amazon popped up, I logged into my Amazon account and made the purchase. It better have worked, Matt. Which reminds me of a question...

Does TDT.com get the funds when purchases are paid for? Or do you only get the funds once the product has shipped?

Matt
06-24-2009, 06:32 AM
It only get's something when it is shipped. If you don't mind saying what item you bought, I can check the report to make sure we got it. :grouphug:

Patrick
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
It only get's something when it is shipped. If you don't mind saying what item you bought, I can check the report to make sure we got it. :grouphug:

Sure, Matt. It was this:

"Stephen King Goes to the Movies"
Stephen King; Hardcover; $47.25

However I doubt it has shipped yet.

Matt
06-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I got you on there Patrick, it works like a charm. Thanks so much for using it.

Patrick
06-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Sweet. That means that as long as we use the link at the bottom of this site to access Amazon, we can still then log into our Amazon accounts before making purchases.

Randall Flagg
08-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Just a reminder that if you use the link at the bottom of any page to buy from Amazon, The Dark Tower.com's fundraiser benefits.

Randall Flagg
08-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Annual reminder.