PDA

View Full Version : BGNoAT, Best Graphic Novel – ROUND 3 – Bracket 3

turtlex
06-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome to ROUND THREE
of
the Best Graphic Novel of All Time Polls

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/622/medium/DarkPhoenix.jpg VS. http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/622/KingdomCome3.jpg

BRACKET 3 / 2 Nominations – TITLE WITH THE MOST VOTES MOVES ONTO THE FINAL ROUND

Please vote for the Graphic Novel you feel is the best :

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga by Chris Claremont
Kingdom Come by Mark Waid

These polls are all about interaction and community - come on, tell us why you voted like you did !!!

Sam
06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow. Arguably the best of each company here. Dark Phoenix or Kingdom Come. Two of the greatest stories that have been written, both compelling, both moving, and both featuring the self sacrifice of a hero for the sake of everyone else. What more can one ask for except for you to VOTE!!!

turtlex
06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Dark Phoenix, without hesitation.

It's a classic and represents everything a Superhero and a superhero story, should be.

Sam
06-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I had to go with Kingdom Come. Superman fighting against a world that has grown beyond his understanding, other heroes taking sides in the coming war, and the absolute BEST usage of Captain Marvel that has been put into print. This story redefines Super Hero for me. We get to see almost ALL of the heroes we know in a much more human light than I have ever known.

Seymour_Glass
06-03-2009, 05:11 PM
I went with Kingdom Come, just because Claremont is way too wordy for me. I like my comics to be a visual medium.

flaggwalkstheline
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I went for dark phoenix saga cause as beautiful as alex rosses art is, The story just didnt hit me near as hard emotionally as the dark phoenix saga

turtlex
06-04-2009, 12:47 AM
I went for dark phoenix saga cause as beautiful as alex rosses art is, The story just didnt hit me near as hard emotionally as the dark phoenix saga

This describes my feelings, as well.

Alex Ross is amazing, but for me, all the emotion sits with Dark Phoenix.

flaggwalkstheline
06-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Now if alex ross ever got a chance to draw an x men story THAT would be something to take notice of

turtlex
06-04-2009, 06:24 AM
I do agree.. Alex Ross is an amazing artist - but he needs a writer to bring out the characters inner-life and emotions. That is something that works perfectly in Dark Phoenix.

Seymour_Glass
06-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I kinda wish i had voted for Dark Phoenix now, Claremont's verbosity be damned.

I just reread Kingdom Come. It's good, but Claremont's X-men just hits me harder when I get into it.

I kinda want to see Alex Ross try his hand at a more traditional comic book art style. Not permanently, but it'd be interesting to see.

turtlex
06-05-2009, 01:48 AM
SG - If Dark Phoenix loses by one vote... you will sooooo be on my list!!! :P

Honestly, if you truly want to change your vote, let me know - we can do that.

Seymour_Glass
06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Ehh, it's whatev. I'm having a really hard time deciding, so I'll just leave things be.

Sam
06-05-2009, 02:58 PM
SG - If Dark Phoenix loses by one vote... you will sooooo be on my list!!! :P

Honestly, if you truly want to change your vote, let me know - we can do that.

Pam, if Dark Phoenix loses by one vote, I'll go over to Seymore's place and personally hire him the best massage therapist I can find.:dance:

Seymour_Glass
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
I feel like I won something today, but I sure as hell can't tell what.

turtlex
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
I feel like I won something today, but I sure as hell can't tell what.

:lol:

Arthur Heath
06-07-2009, 10:51 AM

Im just the opposite. As beautiful as Byrne's work is Kingdoms storyline hit me more emotionally than Phoenix's. And Im an X-Men guy.

turtlex
06-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Polls are only open through the weekend. Please vote! Thanks.

turtlex
06-13-2009, 06:23 AM
We're closing this round later today or early Sunday, so get your votes in.

turtlex
06-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Round Three Polls Are Closed.

Thank you for participating!!

Results and the FINAL ROUND will be posted soon.