PDA

View Full Version : Marquee Advertisements for Collectible Book Sales

Matt
05-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello Collectors!

I had an idea today, ran it past Jerome and decided to throw it out here.

I LOVE the fact that collectible King and other books can be bought and sold on this site. It's a totally free/safe resource and seems to work well for a lot of people. :grouphug:

I like to make sure everyone is aware when we have members that are putting up some great deals so I am offering the following proposal during the "off fund raiser season".

For a $30.00 donation to next years fund raiser you can have unlimited access to the marquee to advertise your collectible book sales. I will include a link to PM the seller and also a link to the sale itself.

If you don't think you'll use it that much, you can also donate $10.00 for one instance if you like.

You are not required to post these sales in DTbay. It can be posted anywhere (ebay, DTbay, signature, collectible classifieds or private). I can put whatever descriptions and links you want in there.

The marquee will run for the length of your sale.

I found the marquee's really brought people to the table during the fund raiser. I thought this might be a useful service for charity. I personally don't mind if there is a sale marquee running every day during the off season.

Questions here--it's okay if this isn't something you guys want to mess with.

Marquee = that running text across the top of the forum page.

Daghain
05-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Question: is the limited access for a year, a month, permanently?

Matt
05-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Unlimited for the year :thumbsup:

But remember, that year is really only 6 1/2 months because the fund raiser has the rest.

Daghain
05-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :D

Randall Flagg
05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for clarifying that the banner is unavailable January through May. It seems to be a seven (at most) month advertising vehicle.
We hope to hear Collector's-(seller's) thoughts.

herbertwest
06-01-2009, 10:07 AM
I dont really understand what does it gives access to ... ?

sarajean
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont really understand what does it gives access to ... ?

it would seem you would be able to have your sale information scrolling across the top of the forum, so that everyone who visits will know what you have on sale.

Matt
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM
That's exactly it, just a real simple way to make sure everyone on the site can see the sale and easily access the information through links.

sarajean
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
i think that's a great idea, matt.

Matt
06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
:couple:

Thanks! I think it would be worth it.

Patrick
06-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a cool idea, Matt, and it's for a great cause.

Now what if multiple members make the donation and happen to have collectible books for sale simultaneously? Alternating banners?

Matt
06-02-2009, 06:16 AM
I would put them all up there seperated by *****

The first one up at any given time would be the first one in line.

Thanks for the great feedback you guys. :thumbsup:

wizardsrainbow
06-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I think it is a wonderful idea Matt. You have a positive vote from me. Plus I will definitely be using it.

Matt
06-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Sweet--Thanks David.

This was very positive feedback on the idea so it is now officially available for anyone that wants it this year. I will offer a 5 dollar discount on the unlimited deal.

No need for anyone to pay me until the first of 2010 when the fund raiser begins. Just let me know what you need to put up there. :thumbsup: