PDA

View Full Version : Elfquest - the World of Two Moons

Lily-sai
05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
I met the tribe of Wolfriders when I was a very young girl, and fell instantly in love with them. I especially adore their way of being 'in the Now' (living in the present and concentrating in it rather than burrowing in the past or worrying about the future).

Wendy Pini is an amazing artist, and my efforts of creating elves are waaaay behind her (though Richard Pini himself once told me I'm on the good path and I should continue in it *faints*).

Anyone here familiar with EQ and its incredible world of Two Moons? (sj is, that's all I know ^^)

http://naamenblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/elfq.jpg

sarajean
05-21-2009, 10:27 AM
aw.

you spoke to richard pini? that's amazing. :wub:

mia/susannah
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I am afraid I have never heard of it, sorry.

sarajean
05-21-2009, 10:43 AM
elfquest.com (http://www.elfquest.com/)

mia/susannah
05-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks, sj, I am checking it out right now/

Lily-sai
05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
aw.

you spoke to richard pini? that's amazing. :wub:

Yeah, in the early years, when he still had time to check out fan art all around. I've still got his e-mail, my preciousssss. :wub:

Thanks, sj, I am checking it out right now/

It's definitely worth of checking out - EQ comics are a great read!

psssst. sj, you much familiar with Wolfriders? If so, here be a teeny tiny EQ trivia: you know the name of the elf who was deaf? ;)

cozener
05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I think I read the first book or two when I was a 13 or so. What I never understood was why they ended up shrinking. I mean when the ship crashed the elves that came out looked to be the same size as humans.

sarajean
05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
psssst. sj, you much familiar with Wolfriders? If so, here be a teeny tiny EQ trivia: you know the name of the elf who was deaf? ;)

rillfisher, lifemate of treestump, mother to dewshine.

Lily-sai
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
*sigh* How I love thee, sj! :wub:

I think I read the first book or two when I was a 13 or so. What I never understood was why they ended up shrinking. I mean when the ship crashed the elves that came out looked to be the same size as humans.

Well, the elves that came out were the High Ones. They realised, in horror, that their magic didn't work in this strange world, and Men began to slay them. They had to flee, and some of them adapted in the World of Two Moons. Wolfriders, for instance, literally have wolf blood in their lineage. Adapting and becoming smaller in size equals going past Men unnoticed (alas, this is always not the case, just remember Redlance).

Correct me if I'm wrong, sj. :P

oy-the-brave
05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I am a big fan of Elfquest, I discovered it after the completion of the first series. I have all the comics, collections and the written books. I also own 5 original Wendy drawings (all purchased from someone) but my prize is the Skywise drawing she did in Fire and Flight for me a few years back at a local bookstore signing that was not well attended so I got lots of time with both Wendy and Richard. I had met them several times before at San Diego Comic Con but they was always a line of people. I have 3 tattoos my first was the howling wolf WaRP logo (my other 2 are the KA symbol and an Oy)

Lily-sai
05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
^ That's so bloody cool! and I envy you. just a little. :D
Do you have pics of your tattoos somewhere here?
I'm so delighted to find true EQ fans here. :wub:

oy-the-brave
05-22-2009, 09:10 PM
I am glad to see other fans here as well.

I think Wendy Pini captures emotions in her art better than any other comic artist. The scene during the first series (while both are still fighting their feelings) where Leetah comes up behind Cutter and lightly touches him on the back then slips her arms around his chest, those 2 panels give me chills every time I see them.

I have a pic of the Oy tattoo in my gallery but not the WaRP logo.

I also have a pic of 1 of Wendy's originals, it is pictured with my animation art in my gallery.