PDA

View Full Version : Stepping into All-World

Lily-sai
05-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Since I was a little girl, I've always wished I could visit all those magical places we read about - Narnia, Middle-Earth, Krynn.. I thought I would never bump into such a world I would fall deeply in love with, not anymore. But then there was one after all.. All-World.

Before I fall asleep, I usually see a dim, round room. Doors. Even a wardrobe. The door I use most frequently is the elven-grey wooden one, leading into misty birch woods. But this time when I step in, I see a new door. What an intriguing keyhole.. seems like something is shining through it. Odd symbols carved upon it - and now I know. That's the one I've been waiting for all of my life. I turn the doorknob and open the door.

Before I even get a look around, the first thing I do, is breathe deeply in. Air is heavy with strange, but not unpleasant scents. It's full of promises, promises of adventures, legends, and the most importantly: it's real.

I know where I am. This is a world entwined with so many others, in so many different levels. Probably this one is the axis of the multiverse, after all. True heroes dwell here, coexisting with the dark creatures I dread to see, but I have to, for it is how it must be.

How can I ever explain how I feel about this place? It fills me with amazement and child-like admiration. I know it's not a paradise, far from that. Yet I feel myself safe here. Souls from the past watch my every step when I walk onward. Though I can't hear, I can feel them singing in my head. Beautiful voices - sad, but it's the kind of sadness that is the twinner of wisdom. They encourage me to go on.

It's like being in a good todash. Being there is real, yet not real. I find amazing depth in the All-World where I do expect to find it - and where I don't expect it. Those moments surprise me, like I had stepped into a friendly quicksand. This is my world, my permanent dream-home. At last.

When I die, I know there will be other worlds than these. I've always known that, but this new door just proves that. I believe Pratchett once said in one of his books that when people die, they end up where they expect to end up in. Heaven, Hell, Hogwarts, you name it. I sure do wish I will end up in a place full of brave gunslingers and witty wise-crackers. And little, furry creatures with golden-rimmed eyes. Till then, I will stay in this todash. Long days, pleasant nights.

Dear people, how do you feel, when you step into All-World? Are your feelings similar to mine, or do you see it differently? I'd be glad to hear your opinions.

turtlex
05-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Liisa - This is wonderful. :couple:

I love ( absolutely ) the line "True heroes dwell here". Could there ever be a better place, when reaching the clearing at the end of the path, to spend eternity, than a world full of Gunslingers where True Heroes dwell? Well done.

Lily-sai
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
*happy sigh* Thanks, Pam dear.
I'm sure when we reach the clearing at the end of the path, we'll meet again there. :couple:

Jean
05-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I especially loved that among the very few things mentioned, a prominent place belonged to billybumblers. It somehow touched me deeply.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gif

Lily-sai
05-11-2009, 04:52 AM
I'm touched that my big-big bearbrother was touched. :rose:
Billy-bumblers have a very special place in my heart.

Melike
05-11-2009, 06:04 AM
..., coexisting with the dark creatures I dread die to see,...

It was the man in black I've seen at first. Like he has stolen and then put all the weird questions to stupid answers, in a mysterious box.
That is how I see All-World. Full of weird, mysterious, dark creatures waiting to be discovered.

Lily-sai
05-11-2009, 06:50 AM
You're wonderful, Melike, as always. I wish we could step in together. What adventures we would have! :couple:

Melike
05-11-2009, 07:02 AM
:couple: I can see us, jumping into the mouth of Longboy of Boo'ya Moon: ''Oh, I wonder what lies in there.''

Lily-sai
05-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Exactly! :huglove: