PDA

View Full Version : The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Randall Flagg
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6752/longroad11eb4.jpg

The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home

A monthly five-issue comic bookmini-series, a prequel spin-off of Stephen King's sci-fi western novel series of the same name, set to debut in February 2008.

It is the second of five such miniseries based on those novels, following the 2007 miniseries The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born. It will depict the title character of Roland Deschain as he returns to Gilead.

Whereas The Gunslinger Born was largely based off the events of Wizard and Glass, The Long Road Home showcases mostly new material not found in any of the prior books. It will be written and illustrated by the same creative team as The Gunslinger Born, which includes writers Robin Furth and Peter David, and illustrator Jae Lee.

Matt
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Holy shit! That looks great!!

I had the bookmark on the site page but this needs to to there I believe.

Has anyone seen a quick synopsis that I could post with the picture?

Spencer
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Very cool, and Roland's crimson eyes may be an ominous foreboding, or I could be reading way too much into it. :lol:

Randall Flagg
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home is a monthly five-issue comic book (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book) mini-series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_series), a prequel spin-off (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin-off) of Stephen King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King)'s sci-fi western novel series of the same name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_%28series%29), set to debut in February 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_in_comics). It is the second of five such miniseries based on those novels, following the 2007 miniseries The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower:_The_Gunslinger_Born). It will depict the title character of Roland Deschain as he returns to Gilead. Whereas The Gunslinger Born was largely based off the evens of Wizard and Glass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_and_Glass), The Long Road Home showcases mostly new material not found in any of the prior books. It will be written and illustrated by the same creative team as The Gunslinger Born, which includes writers Robin Furth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Furth) and Peter David (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_David), and illustrator Jae Lee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jae_Lee).

Matt
11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Wonderful! Thank you Jerome.

Spencer
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I hope Cuthbert, Alain, and Sheemie are a bit more involved than that quote makes it sound.

Daghain
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
That artwork is kind of spooky.:scared:

Matt
11-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah it is :scared:

I altered the first post in this thread and used it to establish the first block on the comics web page.

Wuducynn
11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Awesome. One of the best artwork on a cover yet, up there with issue 2 even. Oh and the eyes look pink not crimson to me. Only about three months to go folk, we can do it.

Daghain
11-20-2007, 07:01 PM
AAAHHHHH!!!! Withdrawal! Withdrawal!

Patrick
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Anyone take a good look at the bookmark (see other thread) for this arc? You can figure out whose charred remains Roland must be holding... I think they're going to bring home some of the horror that was missing from the artwork at the end of the first arc (as discussed in the issue #7 thread). Now I'm really looking forward to this arc. :dance:

Daghain
11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I totally noticed that. Gross. :lol:

Patrick
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Gross, yes, but in a totally cool Stephen King way. :thumbsup:

Daghain
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Well, yeah, that's a given. :D

MonteGss
11-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Awesome cover. I would also say those eyes are pink...grapefruit after all.

Storyslinger
11-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Very Cool

Wuducynn
11-26-2007, 06:15 AM
I made a thread over in the Gunslinger Comic forum in the SK.Com message board asking for clarification for the month of the release. It might ge approved sometime this week and actually get an answer next week... :rolleyes:

Wuducynn
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Amazingly, I got a quick reply! Here you go -

Posted on: Nov. 26 2007,12:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It originally was scheduled to begin in February but I have sent an email to Marvel asking if they have a more up-to-date publication date that I can pass along and will get back to you when I hear back from them.

Wuducynn
11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Another post from Ms Mod in the thread on SK.com -

Posted on: Nov. 26 2007,2:25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My contact at Marvel informed me that they have not set a definite date for release as they would like to have more of the issues completed before doing so to make sure they do not have to change the announced date due to delivery delays.

So there you have it, they're definitely indefinite about it.

Patrick
11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Well that settles it then. Thanks for the clarification.

Wuducynn
11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I think instead of saying February they should have said To Be Announced and then there's the "March" business out of the blue on the bookmarks and then say "we don't know".

Patrick
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes, it is clear as mud.

jhanic
11-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Sounds like a case of CYA. In case they can't make the February date for some reason.

John

Wuducynn
11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Sounds like a case of CYA. In case they can't make the February date for some reason.

John

You got it.

NeedfulKings
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Awesome NEWS!!! I've already put my "comic dude" on notice to hold out copies for me. :D I love that it will be some original material. I can't WAIT!!!

Thanks, Crimson! :)

Wuducynn
11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
*Bows* Glad to help.

Sympathy For The Devil
12-04-2007, 05:39 AM
I havent actually read any of the comics. Are they worth reading? Like im not really a comics person and I dont wana end up picturing things how they are in the comic in my head when i read the book, if that makes sense. So yeah, anyway, im not sure if this the right place to ask, but i was wondering if someone could give me an honest opinion on whether its worthwhile me reading the comics or not.

Thanks

Randall Flagg
12-04-2007, 06:35 AM
If you wish to not have the comic provide a picture in your head, I would say read the books first, then read the comics.
The first 7 were covering people places and things that occured in DTIv Wizard and Glass. The next series will be "new" stories.

Daghain
12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
I havent actually read any of the comics. Are they worth reading? Like im not really a comics person and I dont wana end up picturing things how they are in the comic in my head when i read the book, if that makes sense. So yeah, anyway, im not sure if this the right place to ask, but i was wondering if someone could give me an honest opinion on whether its worthwhile me reading the comics or not.

Thanks

If you haven't read all the books yet, I'd do that first. I'm not a big comics person either, and I really loved these. The artwork alone is worth the price. :D

Matt
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
I totally agree, the comics are worth the price and I can't believe we are going to now get new stories. :excited:

Sympathy For The Devil
12-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks everyone for answerin my question, iv read all the books so il guess i will check out the comics after all, well after i save up a bit of dosh anyway.

Patrick
12-06-2007, 12:18 AM

Thanks

That is exactly how I used to feel about music videos. I never wanted to see them for songs that I loved and had my own mental imagery of.

You've read the books, so you know the full story that appears in the first story arc, so if you buy it you do run the risk of it changing your mental image somewhat. As stated by the others, this new story arc will be new territory.

Of course, you can always just assume that the comic books represent a parallel story in one of the many alternate worlds and is therefore enjoyable in its own right, but isn't necessarily the true Roland & Co. that you know and love.

Erin
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
:o How am I just now seeing this thread?

That cover is fan-freaking-tastic!

Sympathy For The Devil
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Thanks

That is exactly how I used to feel about music videos. I never wanted to see them for songs that I loved and had my own mental imagery of.

You've read the books, so you know the full story that appears in the first story arc, so if you buy it you do run the risk of it changing your mental image somewhat. As stated by the others, this new story arc will be new territory.

Of course, you can always just assume that the comic books represent a parallel story in one of the many alternate worlds and is therefore enjoyable in its own right, but isn't necessarily the true Roland & Co. that you know and love.

Well i just bought all the comics off amazon, im actually really lookin forward to reading them now hearing all the posotive things taht alot of u guys have had to say. Hopefully they'll be here soon.

Daghain
12-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh, I think you'll really like them. I am not a fan of comics as a general rule, and I LOVED these. The artwork alone is worth the price of admission. :D

wizardsrainbow
12-11-2007, 01:27 PM

Thanks

If you haven't read all the books yet, I'd do that first. I'm not a big comics person either, and I really loved these. The artwork alone is worth the price. :D

How come I cannot view the link on "Artwork" provided in your post?
I get this error message:

wizardsrainbow, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Matt
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Hmmm...let me check Wiz.

It might have something to do with viewing books. Because that is where that goes.

Should be fine now. :rock:

Daghain
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Those darn autolinks. :lol:

herbertwest
12-15-2007, 04:28 PM
no interesting news?

Randall Flagg
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure if this is somewhere else on the site, but interesting article at newsarama: (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128765)

Newsarama: Robin, the final page of Gunslinger Born pretty much cleared up any ambiguity about a sequel. That said, can you remind us of the larger set up of the story as King initially saw it from that first meeting with Marvel, way back, and how what's coming out as The Long Road Home fits into that? Is what's coming in this miniseries a chunk of the larger plot that he came up with at that meeting?

Robin Furth: During that first meeting Steve really laid the groundwork for the series. He wanted the story to begin with Roland’s coming of age test, then move on to his adventures in Hambry which are recounted in Wizard and Glass. After that Roland and his friends return to Gilead, and once they return home things really start to fall apart for the Gunslingers. I don’t want to say too much, except that our tet is going to encounter a lot of death and destruction. The Good Man’s forces regroup after their defeat in Hambry, and they rise triumphant—eventually sacking Gilead. Roland and his friends survive, but . . . well I’ve probably let too many cats out of the bag already! At the end of the series we’ll witness the infamous battle of Jericho Hill, which is the Gunslingers’ last stand. Steve went into a lot of detail about that final battle! What Steve envisioned in that original meeting was a series of thirty comics divided into five individual story arcs which function as individual tales. The Long Road Home is part two of five. Because it covers a smaller time period than Gunslinger Born, it will consist of five comics whereas Gunslinger Born consisted of seven.

The Long Road Home is exactly what the title implies. It covers our tet’s difficult journey back to Gilead and is a part of the larger story that Steve envisioned, both in the novels and during that meeting. As Dark Tower fans know, over the course of the five novels Roland tells us a lot about his early adventures. The Long Road Home expands on many of those tales.

NRAMA: Peter, you'd said previously that you'd be willing to continue on with these if Marvel asked. So - from the ad in the last issue of Gunslinger Born, they asked? Did it take you very long to say, "yes?"

Peter David: Not at all. The opportunity to work with such talented individuals as Robin and Jae and Richard is a once in a lifetime opportunity. So being given a twice in a lifetime opportunity...I couldn't wait to get started.

NRAMA: Robin, can you go into the continuity and the “when” you’re going to be exploring?

RF: The Long Road Home begins where Gunslinger Born left off, namely with Susan Delgado’s terrible death and Roland’s horror as he sees that death reflected in the evil seeing sphere known as Maerlyn’s Grapefruit. In the Gunslinger Born, Cuthbert and Alain’s devotion to Roland was tested, but in The Long Road Home it’s tested again. Their leader is gone—his mind and soul have been swallowed by the Grapefruit—so they are thrown back upon themselves. As we learn at the end of the final comic book . . . “and the thing that will ride west with Alain and Bert toward Gilead will not be Roland, or even a ghost of Roland. Like the moon at the close of its cycle, Roland is gone.” Well, in The Long Road Home, we’ll find out just where Roland went, and how horrible that place was! We’ll also discover how Cuthbert and Alain managed to get Roland’s body home, and how Sheemie managed to follow them.

PAD: Right - we're now into the realm of exploring events that were only hinted at in the books. We're filling in the gaps, as it were. And there is no one better equipped to be charting this endeavor than Robin. Aside from King himself, she's the foremost expert on Midworld. If I were told to do this on my own, I'd probably be curling up in a ball somewhere.

NRAMA: So is what we're going to be seeing in Long Road Home an all original tale in that Dark Tower fans won't have read it before?

RF: Yes, it’s going to be an original tale, but it will be a familiar world for long term fans. As all Dark Tower readers know, over the course of the five Dark Tower novels Roland tells us about many of his boyhood adventures. Sometimes these adventures are told in full; sometimes we only get tantalizing hints. The Long Road Home expands upon many of those stories as well as explaining some of the mysteries of the series, such as how Sheemie’s psychic powers became so powerful. I really hope fans enjoy discovering these things as much as I did.

NRAMA: That said, you certainly proved your mettle in the back up stories in Gunslinger Born, but what's it like to be co-crafting these stories with King? As I mentioned at the panel in Charlotte, what you and Peter were doing was pretty rarefied air in sharing the storytelling with him, but this - this is like super-rarefied air...or something...

RF: Thanks so much for your kind words about the stories. I’ve loved writing them but as you can imagine the writing is a little scary at times since I’m trying to remain true to so many things—the Dark Tower universe, Roland’s mythic history and ancestry, the saga of Arthur Eld as glimpsed in the Dark Tower novels, and most of all the vision of Steve King. As I said during the panel, I try to run my story ideas past Steve just to make sure I’m hitting the mark. I think the longest back-and-forth we had over email was about the origins of the Wizard’s Rainbow. That was a lot of fun, and quite a bit of info about the relationship between Maerlyn and Walter came to light, but I’ll save that for a later story! Steve has been incredibly supportive of these tales. (He sent me an email telling me that I’ve developed into an excellent tale-spinner, which I think I’m going to have cast in gold so that I can put it above my writing desk forever!) That being said, I’m about to send him another batch of tales for The Long Road Home, so I hope he likes those too!

NRAMA: What's the working process like on this story, given that it's not coming from a previously established novel? Is Steve more actively involved in the plotting with this one, or did he deliver a outline that you and Peter are working from, and the workflow is similar to before?

RF: In many ways it’s similar to before in that the plot is based on Steve’s ideas and Steve’s plan. However, instead of drawing the details from a single novel as in Gunslinger Born, to plot The Long Road Home I had to dip into multiple sources. I had my notes from that initial meeting with Steve and I had the novels where—in more places than you might imagine—Roland tells us about his return trip from Hambry to Gilead. My Dark Tower Concordance gives descriptions and page refs for all of Roland’s early adventures, so it was pretty easy to go to the exact scenes that we needed to transform into comic book adventures. In the end though, everything goes through Steve - he’s both Creative Editor and Executive Editor. I’ve just sent him a section of The Long Road Home to look over (it’s in the process of additional changes), so we’ll see what alterations he makes! As I said, he’s been really supportive of this project and likes the fact that we’re all so enthusiastic.

NRAMA: Back when you started this and we spoke, you tried, and said you’d had some success, at covering up your nervousness. Seven issues later, and a new miniseries on the horizon, have those nerves quieted? Has the working relationships with Peter and Jae changed in the interim time?

RF: I think the nervousness has quieted down some, especially because everybody has been so enthusiastic about the project and so supportive of what we’ve done. Steve has been great, Peter, Jae, and Richard have been great, and the editors—Ralph Macchio, John Barber and Nicole Boose—have been absolutely fantastic. I think the biggest change is that Peter, Jae, and I have been working together long enough now that we’re not afraid to really hash things out when changes are needed. I think that’s great, because the final product will be a lot stronger for the group work.

NRAMA: Story-wise, and yes, we’re looking for more teases, there’s still some elements of Wizard and Glass to get through, right? A very tragic return to his mother, for one…

RF: Ah! That’s the hard part isn’t it? Telling enough but not too much . . .

There’s definitely some Wizard and Glass to get to, namely the period of time when Roland’s mind is trapped in the Grapefruit. As Steve King mentioned in one of his emails, a lot happens while Roland is in that Grapefruit—a lot of things he doesn’t consciously remember in the Dark Tower books . . . like perhaps meeting the Crimson King himself? (HA!) Readers will also see how well Cuthbert and Alain cope when their leader Roland is out of commission, and they have to take care of him while out-riding their enemies. There are going to be mutants and collapsing bridges and debilitating poisons . . . We’re also going to get to see some of Mid-World’s other Dogans—places where magic and technology can be merged by the evil followers of the Outer Dark. So, much is to come, and I don’t want to ruin it for you!

NRAMA: Finally then, how far are we away from the Battle at Jericho Hill, time-wise for Roland? In terms of the miniseries, is that what all of them are building to?

RF: Yep, we’re building up to that battle. We’ll be forced to witness the carnage of it in the final volume, which will be volume 5, or the last six issues of a thirty issue run. The Long Road Home is five issues long—issues 8 to 12. By the end of issue 12 the boys make it to the gates of Gilead, but Gilead itself is far from safe. John Farson and Walter O’Dim are hatching some wicked plans…

NRAMA: King went back and re-worked the first novel, he did so with an eye on making the entire work more cohesive and whole. Will he, or you, be doing any of that with The Long Road Home, that is, tightening the larger storyline, adding in references to things that were seen in the novels, either before or after Wizard and Glass, or foreshadowing specifics of what is to come?

RF: Most definitely. While working on these plots I’ve really tried to keep the bigger picture in mind. Long time readers of the Dark Tower novels will recognize references to the final books of the series every bit as much as they see the stories taken from the early books. That’s been one of the great pleasures of working on these comics. Luckily we always have Steve to back us up, otherwise it would be scary. But this way, it’s like skydiving with a parachute you know works. You throw yourself out into the blue and know that you’ll land safely, but wow—what a trip!

NRAMA: Finally Robin - you and Peter are one miniseries into this, and have started on the second. Safe to say that the Tower and Roland have a hold on you as much as you do on it?

RF: Most definitely! I’ve been dreaming about that Tower for years now. One of these days I’m going to draw me a doorway and follow Roland. Won’t he be surprised!

jhanic
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!!

John

Matt
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
This is amazing Jerome, thanks for posting it. I seriously hung on every word and just about lost it at this part. It sounds great!!

There’s definitely some Wizard and Glass to get to, namely the period of time when Roland’s mind is trapped in the Grapefruit. As Steve King mentioned in one of his emails, a lot happens while Roland is in that Grapefruit—a lot of things he doesn’t consciously remember in the Dark Tower books . . . like perhaps meeting the Crimson King himself? (HA!) Readers will also see how well Cuthbert and Alain cope when their leader Roland is out of commission, and they have to take care of him while out-riding their enemies. There are going to be mutants and collapsing bridges and debilitating poisons . . . We’re also going to get to see some of Mid-World’s other Dogans—places where magic and technology can be merged by the evil followers of the Outer Dark. So, much is to come, and I don’t want to ruin it for you!

Wuducynn
12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
This is amazing Jerome, thanks for posting it. I seriously hung on every word and just about lost it at this part.

Same here :cool:

Daghain
12-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I think this series is going to be totally awesome. :D

Wuducynn
12-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I think this series might make me a Dark Tower fan!

Patrick
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
:lol:

I think it's going to be great. :excited:

Bev Vincent
12-21-2007, 08:26 AM
The official release date is March 5, 2008

Matt
12-21-2007, 08:34 AM
OMGOMGOMG!!

I am really excited about this, to the point that I would type the above. :lol:

jayson
12-21-2007, 09:23 AM
In the immortal words of Beavis & Butthead... "This is gonna be cool."

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-21-2007, 09:33 AM

Every Dark Tower fan must wear cufflinks.... :cowboy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Dark-Tower-CRIMSON-KING-EYE-Cuff-Links-Stephen-King_W0QQitemZ370005982543QQihZ024QQcategoryZ1340Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Patrick
12-21-2007, 04:49 PM
OMGOMGOMG!!

I am really excited about this, to the point that I would type the above. :lol:

:rofl:

I feel the same way, Matt. :couple:

Wuducynn
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM

Every Dark Tower fan must wear cufflinks.... :cowboy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Dark-Tower-CRIMSON-KING-EYE-Cuff-Links-Stephen-King_W0QQitemZ370005982543QQihZ024QQcategoryZ1340Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:o Take a look at the necklace too! Holy shit!

jhanic
12-22-2007, 05:08 AM
According to Bev Vincent, the first issue is due March 5, 2008.

John

To The Dark Tower Came
12-22-2007, 08:23 AM
The official release date is March 5, 2008

Nice. My birthday. I know I'll be dropping by the local comic shop and getting the first issue.

I bought and read the Gunslinger Born series. I loved the art and glimpses of what went on outside of the tet's knowledge. Really looking forward to the further adventures.

CyberGhostface
01-22-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/April08/folder2/darktwr002.jpg

THE DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD HOME #2 (of 5)
Written by ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID
Art & Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO, JR.
Sketch Variant by JAE LEE

Roland’s spirit is trapped inside Maerlyn's sinister Grapefruit and is taken on a terrifying journey to the outer reaches of End-World...to the harsh domain called Thunderclap! Back in Mid-World, Roland’s ka-tet is pursued by the Hambry posse which intends to kill them all before they are able to cross the Xay River on their journey home. Revenge will soon be at hand for Eldred Jonas and the Big Coffin Hunters.

Daghain
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
:excited:

*SQUEE!!!*

Matt
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Beautiful! Thanks Cyber, I am going to put this on our comics page.

jayson
01-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Awesome! I was already on countdown to March, now it's more intense!

jhanic
01-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I can't wait!

John

Mike Beck
01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
i just got a question (and i'm also very excited for this), but didn't Roland kill Jonas before he went into the glass? Wasn't everything over by the time he looked into it? Maybe I'm mixing things up.

I'm psyched to see how they envision Thunderclap!!! :excited:

jayson
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
mike, i was thinking the same thing with respect to Jonas. i thought that...

roland shot him before they got to eyebolt canyon to fight latigo's men

Matt
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I thought the same thing Mike, and I am sure Jonas fell in the comic series as well. Perhaps they are assigning the phrase "big coffin hunters" to the remnants of Farson's men after the hubbub.

CyberGhostface
01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah I don't get it either. Maybe it means they'll be avenged.

Matt
01-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Ah, it says the "Hambry posse"--I assume that they meant "avenge" as opposed to "revenge" :lol:

ManOfWesternesse
01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, what it says is "...Revenge will soon be at hand for Eldred Jonas and the Big Coffin Hunters....."
If they mean that the 'Hambry Posse' will avenge Jonas and....etc... - then it's very badly stated.
Hope they don't screw up something as basic as this!

Matt
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I totally agree man. I'm grasping at straws here.

ManOfWesternesse
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Nah - there'll be a fix for it.
Robin Furth could hardly make a mistake like that.

Matt
01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
We can only pray. :cool:

Marsha just posted this on Kings website:

Just got word from Marvel that the next series, The Long Road Home, will be available March 8th. They are also sending some artwork from the first issue that will be exclusively on Steve's site until January 30th. We hope to have that on the site in the next day or two.

jayson
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM

Let's hope so. Callahan's magic boots are one thing, but I'm not ready for Revenge of the Curse of the Ghost of Eldred Jonas.

Erin
01-23-2008, 01:34 PM
I had a link in my e-mail today alerting me that the new pictures for the 2nd arc were posted on King's website.

Here's the Link (http://stephenking.com/assets/dt_lrh_art/)

I absolutely love the one of Roland running while carrying Susan's charred body with Cuthbert and Alain running to catch up with him. It's a very powerful image.

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 02:00 PM
:excited:

*SQUEE!!!*

Double :excited::excited:!!!!

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 02:01 PM

This is what I was thinking also.

Daghain
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Those are awesome! :excited:

Patrick
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Those linked pics are amazing!

Wuducynn
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
That second one from the bottom with Roland carrying Susan's burned corpse with the vulture in the background....far-fucking-out!! :cool: Not much longer to go folks!

Míchéal
01-24-2008, 07:28 AM
mmmm orgasm

Matt
01-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Seriously!!

That is some great art. I can't wait to see these. :excited:

And...new story material

Wuducynn
01-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Most importantly new Dark Tower story and new Dark Tower mythology...new Dark Tower!! :cool: :thumbsup: :harrier:

CyberGhostface
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
So is this all in Roland's head?

Wuducynn
01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Seems like its going to 60 percent in Roland's mind and/or within the Pink Bend o' the Rainbow and 40 percent Alain and Cuthbert's trials trying to get home.

Matt
01-25-2008, 08:08 AM
That could explain Eldred chasing him. :lol:

Wuducynn
01-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Actually Matt, thats an interesting idea. I never though about that..maybe its coming from Roland's semi-dream visionary state.

jayson
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM
good points matts. we know that part of it will be roland's grapefruit adventure. told from his point of view, this could contain just about anything. i know i'm looking fwd to it like crazy.

Wuducynn
01-25-2008, 09:20 AM
March can't get here fast enough! :rock:

Daghain
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Amen, brother. :)

RUBE
02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Here is a link from the Marvel site that has a few pages from the first issue:
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2325.First_Look%3A_Dark_Tower%3A_The_ Long_Road_Home

And another that has an interview with Peter David:
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2451.Tuesday_Q%26A%3A_Peter_David

Wuducynn
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Here is a link from the Marvel site that has a few pages from the first issue:
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2325.First_Look%3A_Dark_Tower%3A_The_ Long_Road_Home

And another that has an interview with Peter David:
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2451.Tuesday_Q%26A%3A_Peter_David

Thanks for posting those links, Rube. :harrier:

ATG
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Ya know...I'm as big a DT fan as anyone. Hell, I'm even an old school comix collector. But other author spin offs remind me at this point of http://thelitconnection.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/melody-cover-art.jpg

MaraJShakespeare
02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I receive a weekly newsletter from Marvel, mainly to keep track of Dark Tower news; this week's issue included the Peter David interview mentioned above. It also gave a shipping date for the first issue: Feb. 27, and at the top says: 'Now, on Feb. 27, David returns for more along with artists Jae Lee and Richard Isanove and. . .Robin Furth for The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home. . .'

Below this interview is a question about the actual release date, asking if it has been moved up. I sure hope it has! does anyone out there know something about this?

Daghain
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
All I know is my comic guy charged me for it, so that usually means I'll see it in 1-2 weeks. :excited:

Wuducynn
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Its just fantastic to be able to be actually be looking forward to NEW DARK TOWER MATERIAL AGAIN!!!!! :rock:

Daghain
02-07-2008, 05:05 PM
*SQUEE!!!*

jayson
02-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Its just fantastic to be able to be actually be looking forward to NEW DARK TOWER MATERIAL AGAIN!!!!! :rock:

this is the first time in my life i've been a comic book geek, but i love it!

Wuducynn
02-08-2008, 05:52 AM

I collected Star Wars and Web of Spiderman back in jr. high for awhile but I was never into it like this.

jayson
02-08-2008, 05:56 AM
call it ka, but right before the first arc came out we moved to our current place which is right around the block from a comic book store. i can walk there. previously i'd have had to drive at least 20 minutes.

Wuducynn
02-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Thats ka.

Daghain
02-08-2008, 08:06 AM

Me too! :)

RUBE
02-09-2008, 12:25 AM

Me too! :)

Me three! I am actually considering switching a co-worker opening and closing shifts for Wednesday so I can get to the store earlier to get my copy.

(Actually, I lied. I was a big X-Men comic geek in middle-school.)

Wuducynn
02-09-2008, 12:29 AM
I am actually considering switching a co-worker opening and closing shifts for Wednesday so I can get to the store earlier to get my copy.

You are out of control.

Randall Flagg
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Below this interview is a question about the actual release date, asking if it has been moved up. I sure hope it has! does anyone out there know something about this?

As far as I know, release is 12:01 am, March 5th, 2008.

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Speaking of which, anyone going to one of those midnight madness deals? I just might if my local Newbury Comics is going to be doing it.

MonteGss
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I've already made my purchase and am waiting for March for it to be shipped. **super excited**

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 10:59 PM
I can't believe we'll be getting new Dark Tower stories...I know I'm sounding like a broken record about that, but I'm still kind of in shock over that fact.
I really thought with DT7 that would be it. :cool:

MonteGss
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I really liked Gunslinger Born but I wasn't as excited as I am about The Long Road Home. These will be entire issues of new material!!! Not just super-cool stories at the end of each issue.

jayson
02-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I really liked Gunslinger Born but I wasn't as excited as I am about The Long Road Home. These will be entire issues of new material!!! Not just super-cool stories at the end of each issue.

all new, all the time. is it march yet?

MonteGss
02-13-2008, 09:09 AM

all new, all the time. is it march yet?

:panic: :excited:

Daghain
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Let me get in on the :excited: :panic: !!!!!

jayson
02-13-2008, 12:06 PM
what a bunch of dorks. oh right, i was one too.:dance:

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Fourths the :excited: :panic: dorkfest

jayson
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
if i have to be a dork about something, and i think everyone does, i'm glad it's DT [and that there are others i can share my dorkiness with]

Brice
02-13-2008, 12:23 PM

Fourths the :excited: :panic: dorkfest

Now Matthew, hasn't every long day of your life been a dorkfest really. :orely:

Wuducynn
02-13-2008, 12:25 PM
if i have to be a dork about something, and i think everyone does, i'm glad it's DT [and that there are others i can share my dorkiness with]

FUCK YEAH!! http://www.balboamovies.com/posters/team_america.jpg

Randall Flagg
02-14-2008, 06:57 AM
The sketch and variant covers for issue one:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5219/longroad1sdq1.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2987/longroad1vgi1.jpg

jayson
02-14-2008, 07:01 AM
those are awesome RF. thankee for posting!!!

Brice
02-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Yes, I think those are the prettiest of the variants so far. :thumbsup:

jhanic
02-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Are you going to read them as they come out or are you going to wait, like me, until all five issues are issued before you start?

John

jayson
02-14-2008, 07:13 AM
that's remarkable patience waiting for all to come out. i read the first series as they were issued and will do the same with these. these even more so as they are all new material. i have no patience.

Brice
02-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Wait? How can you possibly manage to wait John? I'd go insane even trying. :panic:

I'd read them right now if I could.

jhanic
02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I waited for all six installments of The Green Mile to come out before I read them, too. I just don't like to have a month-long break between installments. (I HATED the wait between The Waste Lands and Wizard and Glass. Those were some long, long years!)

John

jayson
02-14-2008, 07:54 AM
I waited for all six installments of The Green Mile to come out before I read them, too. I just don't like to have a month-long break between installments. (I HATED the wait between The Waste Lands and Wizard and Glass. Those were some long, long years!)

John

that was indeed a long wait between WL & W&G but at least in this case you know there is more coming and exactly when.

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Are you going to read them as they come out or are you going to wait, like me, until all five issues are issued before you start?

John

As they come out. I love the serial-ness of it.

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 08:07 AM
The wait between Wizard and Glass and Wolves was the worst for me because of King's accident.

jayson
02-14-2008, 08:10 AM
The wait between Wizard and Glass and Wolves was the worst for me because of King's accident.

i was packing a bag to go finish off Bryan Smith had things not turned out in King's favor. something tells me i'd have met some other folks here on the hunt.

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 08:16 AM
And I don't live too far from there ;)

jayson
02-14-2008, 08:18 AM
And I don't live too far from there ;)

we could have hid at yor house. prob wouldn;t have had to hide, we'd have been hailed as heroes

Daghain
02-14-2008, 09:08 AM
That variant is so becoming my new av. :lol:

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 09:18 AM
As it was with most of the variants in The Gunslinger Born I don't like the variant much.

jayson
02-14-2008, 10:42 AM
really CK, i love the variants. dag will beat me to using it as an av bc i'm sticking with the RH theme for awhile, but i like it a lot.

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I think there was one..the one with Roland standing in an open space with the Dark Tower in front of him holding a shot-gun for some reason...that I liked.

Matt
02-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll be getting them per issue as best I can. I may have to wait a few or maybe get Aaron to buy them for me

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Or your New England connection

Wuducynn
02-16-2008, 12:44 PM
18 Days Left folk :rock:

MonteGss
02-16-2008, 12:46 PM
:cool:
Already have mine ordered!

fernandito
02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
As they come out, definitely. As each issue is released, I will be in front of the store before it opens and I'll press my nose up on the window and breath hard; hopefully the clerk will be so annoyed that he'll sell it to me first and send me on my way.

MonteGss
02-16-2008, 05:21 PM
As they come out, definitely. As each issue is released, I will be in front of the store before it opens and I'll press my nose up on the window and breath hard; hopefully the clerk will be so annoyed that he'll sell it to me first and send me on my way.

I would be doing this as well but there is only one comic store close to my house and they never had Gunslinger Born the day each were released. :(
So, because I am too lazy to drive 30 miles to another store, I order them off eBay sellers.

Wuducynn
02-16-2008, 08:05 PM
they never had Gunslinger Born the day each were released. :(

What the fuck? Thats crazy.

Spencer
02-17-2008, 10:36 PM
That is crazy, most every comic store gets brand new shipments every Wednesday.

Patrick
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm tired of waiting, is that so wrong?

jayson
02-18-2008, 04:03 AM

not unless we're all wrong

CyberGhostface
02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/May08/main/darktwrv2003.jpg

THE DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD HOME #3 (of 5)
Written by PETER DAVID & ROBIN FURTH
Pencils & Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Sketch Cover by JAE LEE
With Roland’s consciousness trapped within Maerlyn’s Grapefruit, his ka-tet companion, Alain, enters the mystical todash space in an attempt to rescue his friend. But as he and Roland flit in and out of alien dimensions, Cuthbert, the last member of their ka-tet, desperately tries to stave off a pack of slavering mutant wolves who have come to devour the unconscious Roland and Alain!
48 PGS./Cardstock Cover/Parental Advisory …$3.99

Girlystevedave
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
oooooh:clap: I can't wait

jayson
02-19-2008, 01:57 PM
thanks for posting Cyber. like i haven't been having a hard enough time waiting :lol:

Daghain
02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh, this is killing me. :panic:

Matt
02-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Ah--thanks for posting, this will be the new headline on the comics page. :rock:

Patrick
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Sweet. :excited:

Erin
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
That sounds so freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!

Randall Flagg
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Simply an awesome picture. Thanks for posting.

Matt
02-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I read the description again. :excited:

its so cool!!

The Man With No Name
02-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Those few pages I saw on the Marvel Website look cool. Looks like the first issue is going to be very dark.

Wuducynn
02-22-2008, 05:44 AM

If being tired of waiting for more Dark Tower story is wrong then I don't ever want to be right!

Wuducynn
03-03-2008, 06:20 AM
TWO DAYS LEFT FOLKS!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brice
03-03-2008, 06:21 AM
I will have to wait. :(

fernandito
[/wood]

Wuducynn
I will have to wait. :(

??

Brice
03-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Oh, no big deal. Funds are just tapped out this month. I'll catch up on them soon. :)

dark_hour
03-03-2008, 12:16 PM
i just picked up copy of ''marvels best selling authors'' which is a supplementary magazine, its got a pic from the long road home on th cover and an interview from robin furth on the inside...thought this quote may interestone or two of yas if yas havent read it elsewhere

''the long road home covers just what the title suggests - Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain's difficult journey back toGilead. I don't want to say too much (i don't wanna be a spoiler!) but i will say that you'll see quite a bit of the Crimson King, as well as many mutants. And, well, you might just get a glimpse or two of Roland's future.....''

so maybe we'll see a pan of jake and eddie and susannah and thinks to come?!?!? :scared:

Wuducynn
03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
God I am so jazzed for the upcoming first issue...in TWO DAYS

jayson
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
i already know where i am going on my lunch break in two days and it has nothing to do with food. i should be able to just make it back and forth to the comic book store in time. then i won;t have to stop on the way home.

btw, Dark Hour, your av is cool as hell!!!!

jhanic
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
But how much work will get done that afternoon? :P

John

Matt
03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I am going to have to drive 250 miles to get my copy :lol:

Can't do it over lunch :(

Wuducynn
03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
i already know where i am going on my lunch break in two days and it has nothing to do with food. i should be able to just make it back and forth to the comic book store in time. then i won;t have to stop on the way home.

btw, Dark Hour, your av is cool as hell!!!!

Just don't get into any car accidents on the way there or back...I can hear the back-and-forth between dispatch and the officer on duty now -

Officer "We've got a man who drove off the road into a ditch near Turner Street, over"

Dispatch - "Are there any injuries? Over."

Officer - "Thankfully, no, the driver reported that he was trying to read his comic book just before the accident, over"

Dispatch - "While he was driving, over?"

Officer - "Thats affirmative dispatch"

Dispatch - "God, what a freaking dumb-ass"

Officer - "Thats also affirmative"

jhanic
03-03-2008, 05:37 PM
:rofl:

Erin
03-04-2008, 07:14 AM
OMG! Tomorrow!!!!

::dies from excitement::

:excited: :excited:

Is anyone going to one of the midnight release things? Unfortunately the closest one to me is over an hour and a half away.

Wuducynn
03-04-2008, 07:39 AM
OMG! Tomorrow!!!!

Is anyone going to one of the midnight release things? Unfortunately the closest one to me is over an hour and a half away.

I won't be, I would if I didn't have to be at work tomorrow. :( I am SO DAMN EXCITED! :thumbsup:

Ruthful
03-04-2008, 07:50 AM
OMG! Tomorrow!!!!

I might go to the one in Times Square later tonight, although I might bail if there's an insanely long line snaking around 7th Avenue.

Wuducynn
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I might go to the one in Times Square later tonight, although I might bail if there's an insanely long line snaking around 7th Avenue.

Wasn't there the last time?

Ruthful
03-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure what they did for the first arc.

This would be more interesting if Stephen King was signing them, but I'm assuming that would be impossible for logistical reasons. Plus, he's not too involved in the oversight of this project.

Isanove and Lee are pretty big illustrators apart from this series, evidently, so I'd anticipate a large crowd for them in any case.

jhanic
03-04-2008, 08:36 AM
My comics store opens at noon. I'll be there at 12:01!

John

Brice
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
OMG! Tomorrow!!!!

I won't be, I would if I didn't have to be at work tomorrow. :( I am SO DAMN EXCITED! :thumbsup:

CALL IN SICK!!!!

Where the hell are your priorities? :beat:

This is The Dark Tower.

Work happens nearly everyday. The evil corporate bastards will be ok without you for a day. :lol:

Wuducynn
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
CALL IN SICK!!!!

Where the hell are your priorities? :beat:

This is The Dark Tower.

Work happens nearly everyday. The evil corporate bastards will be ok without you for a day. :lol:

Yeah, its amazing, all of a sudden I get a tickle in my throat and aches all over...

Brice
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Oh, well see. You really are sick then so you can do it with a clear conscience. :thumbsup:

...and there is a bad bug going around. It sounds to me like you have one of those mysterious 24 hr. stomach viruses or something.

Wuducynn
03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
The Dark Tower Virus.

Brice
03-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Superflu? :ninja:

aurora
03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Tomorrow is the kind of day I'm happy I work for myself and can set any 36 hours a day I want to work!

MonteGss
03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
One thing I am looking forward to is finding a new picture for a sig/av combo. :D There is always such great artwork on our favorite Gunslinger.

Randall Flagg
03-05-2008, 06:49 AM
I am going to have to drive 250 miles to get my copy :lol:

Can't do it over lunch :(

That is crazy Matt.
I could pick you up a copy and mail it. Lot cheaper for $1 in postage, than $40 in gas.

Matt
03-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks Jerome--Aaron has also offered the same. I believe he just routinely picks me up a copy of whatever he is getting :lol:

Its just so seldom that I get to walk into a comic book store, I love it.

Thanks so much for the offer--I'd love to take you up on it. There is no way I could have too many copies and it would be great to read it at the same time as everyone else.

I'm still making a trip to Denver soon so I can get to the comic store at any rate. :rock:

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Just bought and read my copy....

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!!

ESPECIALLY the end-story!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I'd say this issue is up there with issues 2, 6 and 7 of The Gunslinger Born as my favorites of the whole shebang. Especially the artwork...

Míchéal
03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
i think i'll be goin to the big city tomorrow to find one...

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
i think i'll be goin to the big city tomorrow to find one...

I think you'd be very smart to do so. Big-big.

Matt
03-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Love the review Matthew--I am really chomping at the bit for this one.

Was there extra story at the back?

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Do you mean extra story to the end-story? More than a normal issue? No, but it was a good long, exciting, facinating dealing with..

Dogans and the origins of Thunderclap

I'm leaving it up to you spoil yourself Matt ;)

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I have to reiterate how impressed I am about certain bits of artwork in this issue. Up there with issue 2 of the first series, its that good.

what
03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
you're killing me... i've gotta wait till after work to pick it up

Girlystevedave
03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Eeeeee, I'm so excited

(and i just can't hide it, i'm about to lose control, and i think i like it)

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Oh and the end of the issue is a wicked cliff-hanger. I love em and hate em...

Bev Vincent
03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
It's great to make friends with your local comic shop seller. He gave me a Long Road Home bookmark and set aside the big wall poster advertising issue 1 for me, too!

Wuducynn
03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
It's great to make friends with your local comic shop seller. He gave me a Long Road Home bookmark and set aside the big wall poster advertising issue 1 for me, too!

Nice! :thumbsup:

The Man With No Name
03-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I bought mine today. The artwork is amazing. I like the story in the back.
The transformation of Maerlyn's Grapefruit threw me off though at first.

jhanic
03-05-2008, 05:58 PM
My comics dealer also gave me the big poster.

John

RUBE
03-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I am not happy. The local comic book shop here doesn't get their shipments until Thursday now. WTH is that about?:angry:

Daghain
03-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I am waiting for mine in the mail. The horror!!!! :panic:

aurora
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
The one I stopped at on the way home from class did not have them in yet either. Tomorrow I hope, was so looking forward to reading it tonight.

Erin
03-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Spoilers Ahead!

I figured we should start a new thread for each issue, like we did for the last arc, so those of us who have already read it can discuss the story without having to worry about marking spoilers!

Anyhoo, I just finished reading my copy and all I can say is....WOW! :excited:

What an amazing issue. First off, I absolutely loved the artwork in this one. Everything seems so gloomy, intense and dismal.

Things I loved:

**The first two-page spread of Roland holding Susan's charred body. I know
we've seen this picture before on the bookmarks, but man, seeing it blown
up and huge like that was a moving image.

**Roland's face as he says "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"...those are the eyes of a
true gunslinger.

**The grapefruit turning into a mutant eye and attaching to Roland's face.

**Jae Lee's talent at drawing horses. I was quite impressed.

**Cuthbert's reckless confidence that he can cross the river...and Alain's
response to his near drowning...:lol: I loved that Alain finally got a good jab
in at Bert that shut him up.

**Sheemie clutching a lock of Susan's charred hair. Reading that, I felt a pang
of sadness and emotion in my chest. Also, Lee does an amazing job illustrating
Sheemie..he looks so innocent and sweet...a perfect interpertation in my mind.

**A dogan!!! Squeeee!!!!!

**And finally...the story in the back. Holy cow. We got the origins of Thunderclap and the fall of Arthur Eld....how freaking awesome is it that the body of Arthur Eld is most likely the one Sheemie finds in his Dogan? :excited:

Míchéal
03-06-2008, 05:31 AM
I wont have a chance to go to the big city until Sunday now :( :( :(

Brice
03-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Just bought and read my copy....

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!!

ESPECIALLY the end-story!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So was it okay Matthew? You seem a bit disappointed by it. :lol:

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 05:58 AM
It was definitely "so-so"

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 06:01 AM

I know what you mean..I read it again last night, and that part worked better for me. I'd watch this though, thats kind of a spoiler..

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Spoilers Ahead!

I figured we should start a new thread for each issue, like we did for the last arc, so those of us who have already read it can discuss the story without having to worry about marking spoilers!

Anyhoo, I just finished reading my copy and all I can say is....WOW! :excited: SAME HERE!!! :excited:

What an amazing issue. First off, I absolutely loved the artwork in this one. Everything seems so gloomy, intense and dismal. Oh gods yes, I especially love the big ones of what Alain sees of what Roland is experiencing through the Touch, THAT just blew my mind. And the body in the Dogan, and the robot with the crimson eyes at the end...daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!

**The grapefruit turning into a mutant eye and attaching to Roland's face. This took my second reading last night before I liked it, but now I think it is really cool.

**Cuthbert's reckless confidence that he can cross the river...and Alain's
response to his near drowning...:lol: I loved that Alain finally got a good jab
in at Bert that shut him up. Fun scene! :thumbsup:

**Sheemie clutching a lock of Susan's charred hair. Reading that, I felt a pang
of sadness and emotion in my chest. Definitely, same here.

Also, Lee does an amazing job illustrating
Sheemie..he looks so innocent and sweet...a perfect interpertation in my mind. I'm still getting used to this because its so different from whats in my head of Sheemie.

**A dogan!!! Squeeee!!!!! Fuck yeah!!! :thumbsup: :cool:

**And finally...the story in the back. Holy cow. We got the origins of Thunderclap and the fall of Arthur Eld This was my favorite part of the whole thing...I mean....like you said...HOLY COW!!!

....how freaking awesome is it that the body of Arthur Eld is most likely the one Sheemie finds in his Dogan? :excited: I hadn't EVEN thought of that!! Good call...I wonder if it is??

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Oh and I've got to add. The whole "ghost story" theme of the end-story. Man, talk about chilling.

Girlystevedave
03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Just read it.:excited:
I loved the transformation of the Grapefruit and the story in the end.
The whole thing was freaking sick.
Can't wait til the next one
:clap:

jhanic
03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
As I said before, I'm waiting until all five issues are published before I start. I'm very carefully avoiding all spoilers, etc., even though it's VERY hard!

John

Girlystevedave
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I couldn't do that...the suspense would kill me

The Man With No Name
03-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Spoilers Ahead!
The grapefruit turning into a mutant eye and attaching to Roland's face.

I agree with all you said about this issue. The artwork is amazing. The end story is great. However the whole grapefruit/mutant eyeball thing I found to be kind of silly. It may have more to do with the format than with anything else to depict the grapefruit as a tentacled mutant eyeball, but I think if they would have kept it as just the grapefruit, they could have found a better way to show Roland's mind being attacked.

As for Sheemie, is this where Sheemie was taken captive and used later as one of the breakers in Thunderclap?

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 01:49 PM
As for Sheemie, is this where Sheemie was taken captive and used later as one of the breakers in Thunderclap?

If it is, then they deviated from the books because remember, Sheemie caught up with them when they reached Gilead.

aurora
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I made the horrid mistake of getting my copy before class and instead of listening on how to solve a system of partial differential equations I started flipping through and ended up reading the whole thing! I'll pay for it this weekend but man it was worth it!

Plus thanks to those who convinced me to get the individual issues in addition to 'The Gunslinger Born' book compilation. It is SO worth it!

aurora
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
My personal fav was the back story especial the fall of Arthur Eld! I'm still hoping after this series of Arcs is complete they jump back to Marlyn, Arthur Eld and the genesis of the Gunslingers.

What waterfall!?!?!

I love that they are adding more of Sheemie but heres a question is the Dogan he enters the same as the one outside of the Callas or a different one? I'm thinking its a different one.

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking its a different one.

You're right. Remember he's just outside of Hambry, somewhere probably still in Mejis or near to it. The Calla's are thousands of miles away.

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 04:45 PM
As I said before, I'm waiting until all five issues are published before I start. I'm very carefully avoiding all spoilers, etc., even though it's VERY hard!

John

John, John, John.....*sigh*

The Man With No Name
03-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, I guess we are going to have to wait until the next issue to see what is to come for Sheemie. Because this is something new that has been added.

aurora
03-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I agree but don't forget Sheemie is a teleporter even at this time! Roland even brings that fact up when he meets Sheemie outside Dever Toi, confirming he did teleport back in their Mejis days. Thats the only reason I thought there was a slim possibility this was the Calla's Dogan.

Wuducynn
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I agree but don't forget Sheemie is a teleporter even at this time! Roland even brings that fact up when he meets Sheemie outside Dever Toi, confirming he did teleport back in their Mejis days. Thats the only reason I thought there was a slim possibility this was the Calla's Dogan.

I hear ya. I thought of that too, but I don't see any evidence of teleportation so far, just him following Alain and Cuthbert. But who knows...we'll just have to see ;)

aurora
03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
The other reason I think its a different Dogan is, one the little of the inside we see is different then the description Jake gave and two I can see a lot more advantage making it a new Dogan to us. Oh and then theres the mummy/robot, that should be good!

MaraJShakespeare
03-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Last year, from February to August, I had my monthly ritual: I would take the city bus on the 45-block trip to one of Austin's finer comic-book dealers and pick up the colour variant on the day of release, pick up some Long John Silver's and KFC for the house, maybe stopping by the huge Half-Priced Books up there in between. Even though I had a subscription to the regular cover from the Overlook Connection, I had to read it on its release date; I just couldn't wait the extra week or more it took for the O.C. to get them out! Through the above methods (and others I prefer to keep to myself) I wound up getting every cover for every issue, most of them for very good prices. I came to really enjoy my little monthly ritual a great deal, but then- :pullhair:! It was all over, and there wasn't going to be any more until next February, which was later put off again 'til March! Talk about consternation, frustration, :arg: ! And yet, the time passed. S.K. gave us a good book in the interim, as well as plenty of news on future works, and there were two good films made from King stories (one of which, The Mist, I still need to see). So, with the wait over, was it worth waiting for?

Absolutely. If anything, The Long Road Home may even be better than The Gunslinger Born. It started with a gruesome bang; the images of Susan's remains and the transformation of the grapefruit were pure, perfect, vintage King horror, in both style and substance. And I love the Sheemie subplot and how it seems to tie in with the history lesson at the end! (That's not a spoiler, is it? I don't think so, but perhaps I should at least cover the name.) Either way, even though I almost never have the time to make it in here these days, I am so pleased with this new arc's first issue that I had to log on and put my two cents in! We are all so fortunate that King hired Robin Furth eight years or so back to help him with an unrelated project, then kept her on when he returned to the Dark Tower, and that Marvel recruited such a brilliant team to work with her, artists and a writer who really have a deep affinity for the story and the people in it! If there is anything to complain about, it's the same old thing: the brevity of the format. I finished reading the main story even before I got off the bus, saving the 'history lesson' for when I got home (I was in a hurry this time, so I took a cab on the way up and didn't make any other stops). Aside from being too damned short, there is nothing wrong with the debut issue of T.L.R.H. I guess we've all been spoiled over the years by King's generosity; he generally gives us a good, long story to spend our time with- I couldn't be happier with the news that he's writing something roughly the length of The Stand and IT again! But brevity aside, I am very happy with the new arc so far- let's just hope the next break between arcs doesn't begin in July and end some time next spring!:scared:

jayson
03-07-2008, 09:07 AM

If it is, then they deviated from the books because remember, Sheemie caught up with them when they reached Gilead.

i agree, from what we knew from the books, sheemie had to have been taken to Thunderclap after the boys get all the way back to Gilead bc Roland knows Sheemie followed them back to Gilead. Doesn't he even say Sheemie hung out with his tet for awhile as a kind of squire? So i am hoping this is not a deviation, just another adventure Sheemie has.

also, the artwork is amazing in this one, even susans' charred corpse. i must say though, the tentacled grapefruit was a bit over-the-top for me. still, i can't wait for the next one to see what specifically happens to Arthur in that Dogan [which I don't believe to be the same Dogan JAke entered in the borderlands].

aurora
03-07-2008, 09:29 AM
i agree, from what we knew from the books, sheemie had to have been taken to Thunderclap after the boys get all the way back to Gilead bc Roland knows Sheemie followed them back to Gilead. Doesn't he even say Sheemie hung out with his tet for awhile as a kind of squire? So i am hoping this is not a deviation, just another adventure Sheemie has.

Yes indeed, I totally forgot about that. It still does not mean its not the one near the Calla, just that this is not the point in time in which he was taken into Thunderclap. However I still believe its a different Dogan.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 09:39 AM
So i am hoping this is not a deviation, just another adventure Sheemie has.

I strongly feel that this is true. In fact I think there might be a lot more to Sheemie's story than I was expecting. Its wicked exciting.

The Man With No Name
03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Why should Sheemie warrant a new adventure in a five issue arc? Yes, he is an interesting character and evokes sympathy, but I would like the story involving the actual ka-tet to advance without the tangents.

I know...I know, it's only the first issue and we will see. I really like the comics. But I'll be honest, I am not that interested in Sheemie.

The Man With No Name
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Sorry about listing a possible spoiler without hiding it. I did not know there was a function where you can do that after a little experimentation.

I figured it out.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Because it was alluded to and we find out, that Sheemie was important in the whole scheme of things.

The Man With No Name
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Okay. Like I said, I really like the comic series. This new one was full of surprises. I agree that it is exciting. I trust the writers.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Does anyone else wonder if Sheemie might be taking a trip to Le Casse Roi Russe? Or maybe being visited by Los' directly in some way? The way the last paragraphs pointed towards it.

jayson
03-07-2008, 03:45 PM
i think sheemie has something unpleasant in store before he reaches gilead, that's for sure. it would be cool to see the comic artists interpretations of le casse for sure. the art in this one is so damn cool. what i wonder is what is in store for arthur eld. that's the part i keep reading. i can't help but think it has something to do with the wolves and their origins. i could be way off but we shall see.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
i think sheemie has something unpleasant in store before he reaches gilead, that's for sure. it would be cool to see the comic artists interpretations of le casse for sure. I'm hoping for this also. We get a brief glimpse in issue 2 of TGB but thats it.

what i wonder is what is in store for arthur eld. that's the part i keep reading. i can't help but think it has something to do with the wolves and their origins. i could be way off but we shall see.

I don't think you're way off at all. In fact, I think you're right on. Have you looked at the Gunslinger Guidebook's entry on The Crimson King?

Ruthful
03-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I thought that he was going to teleport at the moment when he realized he had lost the trail of Roland, but that turned out to be totally wrong.

I liked how the first issue turned out, but I'm interested in seeing more of the plot holes related to Gilead filled in.

Matt
03-08-2008, 08:31 AM
No problem man, thanks for getting it covered up.

I have placed a category for The Long Road Home in our gallery so the images would be easy for folks to find. If anyone has covers, variants, sketches or what not...feel free to add them there.

Brainslinger
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM

Agreed! I understand that this is supposed to be new material but that particular scene overlapped with information covered in Wizard and Glass.

The book made it clear that Roland was lost in the Grapefruit after witnessing the death of Susannah and he didn't return until he got closer to Gilead. The Gunslinger Born even ended with that scene where Alain and Cuthbert find him in that very state.

So how does this series start? Roland's out of that trance and is cradling Susan's corpse. And then there's all that business with the eye monster where... he get's taken yet again.

First of all, wasn't the corpse burnt in the middle of the town square in the book? Wasn't the whole idea that they skedaddle pronto? As for the eye monster, it was cool in a freaky way it just wasn't required. Neither was it in the book... bearing in mind this clashes with information described.

They should have continued story from where the other, and the Mejis segment in Wizard left off instead of retconning the scene in which Roland was taken by the Grapefruit. Cool, freaky monster though but not in the book.

The other stuff after that involving the mejis posse, and especially Sheemie and the dogan was good though. That's the kind of new stuff I want to see, not stuff that contradicts the book.

khazano
03-09-2008, 01:08 AM
This is everything I was hoping the series would be and off to an excellent start. The problem I had with the first arc, with the exception of the bonus stories, crimson king origin and visual of John Farson, it was all something I'd heard before. And the book did it considerably better.

I'm also pleased to see they put Robin's name on the credits now. She's the next best thing to King himself. Besides, if she wasn't involved I don't know how much faith I'd have in Peter David.

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ISSUE!

Brainslinger
03-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I posted my thoughts in the sticky thread. I didn't notice this thread specifically for issue 1, but anyway, here it is:
Clickety click. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=123879&postcount=167)

I also did a blog on it on my myspace site (link in signature bellow) but
in short I disliked the whole monster eye thing. I thought it was kinda cool as a monster, and it would have been interesting if it didn't overlap with the time period of the book, but it does and the book makes it clear that it didn't happen that way. The grapefruit took Roland's mind after he saw Susan's fate in the Grapefruit. The Gunslinger Born even ended with Cuthbert and Alain finding him in that state, so now he's suddenly back and he's gone back to find Susan? When they're in a rush to leave?

The rest of the stuff especialy Sheemie and the dogan, I liked. I also liked Sheemies protrayal here better than the way he looked in the first series. I.e.. he seems to have a lot more character than just a dimwit as he is protrayed there (mainly cos they had to cut a lot of stuff out.)

The backstory concerning Arthur Eld and the Dogan was interesting. I don't think it's the same dogan Sheemie found though since the one where Arthur went appears to be in a parallel Mid-world. Interesting to see those ironwood doors have appeared before (although I noticed this one had a frame, compared to the others which are hinged directly on the, er, air. That's not a biggie though.)

Definitely looking forward to the next issues though. Since they won't overlap the books time period there should be less contradictions. Hopefully.

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/Los_The_Red/noname.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/Los_The_Red/noname1.jpg

Issue 2's cover? Eh, its okay. Now issue 3! :thumbsup:

Also, for your enjoyment. Midnight opening of The Long Road Home movie

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2816.On_the_Scene~colon~_Dark_Tower_M idnight_Opening

jhanic
03-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Any idea on the date for issue 2?

John

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Any idea on the date for issue 2?

John

No, but I'm guessing it'll be like The Gunslinger Born. First Wednesday of every month.

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Spoilers below. This sounds so exciting!

Tuesday Q&A: Robin Furth
Robin Furth talks to Marvel.com about what fans can expect in DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD HOME

By Frank DeAngelo IV

"Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came," and fans followed.

As the personal research assistant to Stephen King and author of "Dark Tower: The Concordance," an encyclopedic companion explaining and expanding upon everything that happens in the seven volumes of Stephen King's magnum opus, it's safe to call Robin Furth an expert in all things Dark Tower.

After working on DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER BORN with writer Peter David and artists Jae Lee and Richard Isanove, Furth returns to plot the adventures of young Roland Deschain and his ka-tet in an all-new series hitting shops this week, with a midnight opening at 12:01 AM, Wednesday, March 5 to celebrate its release find out more (http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2663.Dark_Tower~colon~_Long_Road_Home _Midnight_Launch)!

Although fans have to wait until the witching hour to pick up DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD HOME #1, Marvel.com caught up with Robin to find out what to expect from the next volume of this epic saga.

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4573994_thumb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4573994_full.jpg','_blank','scro llbars=yes,resizable=yes'))
Marvel.com: At the end of DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER BORN, Roland is in a pretty bad place as he's lost his lover, Susan, he's at odds with his friend, Cuthbert, and his ka-tet has brought quite a bit of attention to itself after their showdown with the Big Coffin hunters. How much time has passed between GUNSLINGER BORN and THE LONG ROAD HOME and where does the story pick up?

Robin Furth: Actually, no time at all has passed between the two stories. That's the great thing about comics. Although months have passed in our world, in Roland's, only moments have elapsed.

Marvel.com: Before Roland sets off for Hambry, his father warns him about keeping his emotions in check and Roland does pretty much the exact opposite of that. Will we be see the consequences of Roland overstepping his boundaries?

Robin Furth: Oh yes! In THE GUNSLINGER, the first novel in Stephen King's magnum opus, Roland berates himself for having hands and guns that work faster than his mind. In other words, his emotions and his reflexes are too powerful and he often shoots first and asks questions later. Although with guns, "later" is always too late! In THE LONG ROAD HOME, Roland's anger lands him in pretty hot water.

Marvel.com: The Good Man, Farson, played an important but background role in THE GUNSLINGER BORN, mostly making threats and giving orders. Now that Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain have wrecked his chances of getting the war machines of the Old Ones up and running, can we expect him to take a much more active role as the boys set off from Hambry?

Robin Furth: We won't see as much of the Good Man in LONG ROAD HOME. He needs to regroup his men. However, his power is silently growing. Once our friends reach http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4574087_thumb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4574087_full.jpg','_blank','scro llbars=yes,resizable=yes'))
Gilead, the Good Man will be back, and he'll be worse than ever! However while the Good Man recoups his power, his boss, the Crimson King, steps in. He's going to take a swipe at Roland. After all, Roland is destined to be his ultimate enemy!

Marvel.com: While THE GUNSLINGER BORN featured material that was originally found in the "Wizard and Glass" novel, THE LONG ROAD HOME is based on mostly new material is this a story that Mr. King has always wanted to tell or is this something that he created specifically for the Marvel Comics series?

Robin Furth: THE LONG ROAD HOME is based on the short tales that Steve King tells within the Dark Tower cycle. Hence in some sense, he's told them already! Our job was to link them together and expand...

Marvel.com: Since this story is mostly new material, did the techniques you and collaborators used to produce THE GUNSLINGER BORN still apply, or did you find yourselves creating a new model?

Robin Furth: In THE GUNSLINGER BORN I really had to find my feet. I was new to comics and so went through draft after draft with Marvel editors, trying to refine the storyline. As you can imagine, adapting a large novel to comic book form takes a lot of thought and a lot of planning. Characters can no longer have long inner monologues, things have to happen much faster, and much more graphically.

In THE GUNSLINGER BORN, Peter, Jae and I gave each other feedback, but I think that we influenced each other a lot more in THE LONG ROAD HOME. That has been great, since Peter and Jae have a lot of experience in comics and they really helped to make the story powerful.

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4574075_thumb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4574075_full.jpg','_blank','scro llbars=yes,resizable=yes'))
Marvel.com: In THE GUNSLINGER BORN we were introduced to many figures from the Dark Tower mythology; are there any characters we can expect to see from the novels making their first comics appearances in LONG ROAD HOME?

Robin Furth: In many ways, THE LONG ROAD HOME is a continuation of THE GUNSLINGER BORN. Our tet is dealing with the fallout of their actions in Hambry. Hence the character line-up is very similar, though we'll see more mutants and more of the Crimson King in this part of the tale! We'll also be introduced to a place called the Dogan. As long-time readers of the Dark Tower series will know, that definitely spells trouble for our friends! And thanks to the Grapefruit, Roland will be able to do a little time travel so we might just meet some figures from his future...but I won't ruin it for you!

Marvel.com: THE GUNSLINGER BORN was set against a background of things really coming to a head between the Affiliation and Farson. While little is known about these battles, are we going to see any of them explored throughout this and the future series?

Robin Furth: Oh yes. The battle between the Affiliation and Farson is the crux of the Dark Tower comic books. Ultimately, what we are witnessing is the ancient war between light and dark—or in Dark Tower speak, the White and the Outer Dark. Ultimately, Farson is the pawn of the Crimson King. Hence, he is a representative of the very chaos which the Gunslingers have tried to control since the Old People poisoned the world.

Marvel.com: Other than the obvious things like "Stephen King" and "Dark Tower", why should readers check out DARK TOWER: THE LONG ROAD HOME?

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4574097_thumb.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:MM_openBrWindow('http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/lib/view2.htm?filename=/i/content/st/2768new_storyimage4574097_full.jpg','_blank','scro llbars=yes,resizable=yes'))
Robin Furth: We live in difficult times, and in many ways epic fantasy gives symbolic voice to the battles which the world faces. Roland's level of the Tower has already gone through the terrors that we now face—environmental destruction, war on a massive scale, etc. Despite all the horrors, Roland's world survived. Not only has it survived, but the people in it continue to work to create order and harmony amid the mounting chaos. Perhaps that gives us all hope.

Daghain
03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
:panic: :excited:

Thanks CK!

jayson
03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
awesome matthew, great post!

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Which cover do you like more, Jayson?

jayson
03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
they're both really cool, but i like the first one a bit better, roland's eyes are so friggin' creepy, i love it.

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm loving the first and the third...the second...not so much.

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
More Crimson King! :cool: :harrier: I'm wicked psyched.

jayson
03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
me too, i don't think we got nearly enough of Los in the books, so i am excited to hear he will make another appearance in this arc of the comics. the art for him the last time was so cool so you know it's gonna be good!!!:rock:

aurora
03-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Question when does Issue 2 & 3 come out?

Míchéal
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
wow..i only got issue 1 today...really good...fuckin cool dogan stuff, is it the same as Arthur Eld's i wonder?

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Question when does Issue 2 & 3 come out?

Good question. Like I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I don't know, but I'm guessing it'll be the first Wednesday of every month. Like it was for the The Gunslinger Born.

asamorris
03-12-2008, 03:26 PM
i still haven't acqired my first issue of this arc yet. i am lazy. however, when i do, i don't think i will be going a scrazy as with the last arc. last time, jesus, i got every variant, reprint, bookmark, article, toothpick, lint, scent... you know. This time, one issue a piece will do fine. especially since i will just end up getting all the hardcovers as well.

does anyone know if there will be any extra things coming out with this run? like last time we had the sketchbook, and the guide, so maybe, like a guide volume two, or something?

jhanic
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Other than the bookmarks and the variants, I haven't heard of anything for The Long Road Home. There is a large-size poster that a lot of comics shops got (my guy gave me his) also.

John

what
03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
eh... my copy from overlook has yet to arrive... it's killing me, I may have to go find a copy elsewhere

jhanic
03-13-2008, 12:22 PM
My experiences with Overlook Connection have been that they are very slow to ship, whether it's from their site or an eBay auction. Just be patient and it'll eventually show up.

John

Matt
03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I am out of my mind with gratitude. Today I found a copy of the first issue from my good friend Jerome.

I know we talked about it but man, I really appreciate this. :couple:

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Have you read it yet?