PDA

View Full Version : Illustrations

Kidd Ikarus
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I did this in Adobe Illustrator, using an image off of a postcard I got in the Advent Children Limited Edition DVD as a reference.

Kidd Ikarus
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I've been writing a script for a comic book/ cartoon and I know that if I tried to draw my main character, I just wouldn't do the image in my mind justice. The character's name is Kazz and he is the son of the first Angel ever created by God, who is named The Infinite.

This original image I used as a reference was an illustration of the character from Onimusha that was featured on PSM (PlayStation Magazine). Also done in Adobe Illustrator.

Kidd Ikarus
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry forgot to attach the image . . . :doh:

Kidd Ikarus
05-05-2009, 01:06 PM
This is another one of Kazz done in Adobe Illustrator and I used a picture of Angel from X-Men as the reference image.

Daghain
05-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Very nice!

Kidd Ikarus
05-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Say thankya. It doesn't compare to some of the original art on here. Some of the artists here are amazing. But this is just some of the stuff I do when I'm bored.

I did one of Eddie and Susannah the other night that I'm going to try and upload later.

Heather19
05-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I like them. Please post up the Eddie and Susannah ones. I'd love to see them.

I was just looking at your website. Did you create that angel design, the one that you had as an av for awhile. I love it. And of course, the dancing trees, but I'm sure you probably would've guessed that coming from me. Have you seen that firedancer tree pic? Is that where the idea came from.

Kidd Ikarus
05-07-2009, 05:29 AM
I like them. Please post up the Eddie and Susannah ones. I'd love to see them.

I was just looking at your website. Did you create that angel design, the one that you had as an av for awhile. I love it. And of course, the dancing trees, but I'm sure you probably would've guessed that coming from me. Have you seen that firedancer tree pic? Is that where the idea came from.

Thankee. Yes, I created that Angel Tribal Design back when I was in school. I made it as a tattoo design for myself, I just haven't gotten around to getting put on yet. I call it the 'Bi-Polar Angel' giving it some kind of twisted tribute to my . . . um . . . disorder. Haha.

For the dancing trees, believe it or not, the inspiration for that was an actual tree! I found this picture where someone has a real tree in their front yard that looks exactly like a ballerina almost. It was really cool and when I started it, everything just sort of came together easily.

Here's the Eddie and Susannah picture. It's not original unfortunately. It's based on an original sketch by Bill Mudron that I found on thedarktowercompendium.com. I did it in Illustrator than imported it to Photoshop for color.

Kidd Ikarus
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Here's a free-hand drawing. The original image was a cover for EGM Magazine and it was Tidus and Yuna for Final Fantasy X. I didn't trace, I just sort of copied. Using the original as a reference while I drew this one.

I altered it to fancy my characters Kazz and Jade. I don't know who ever did the original image, but I absolutely love their style. It almost seamlessly blends eastern and western style character art. If you were to do a google search for FFX i'm sure you would find the original.

I kinda messed up around the female's nose area and it makes her face look a lot longer than it's supposed to. I'm making a Illustrator graphic out of it and I'm about half-way done. I started it, then started reading The Dark Tower novels and it just kind of took a back seat. When I'm finished reading, I'm going to finish it . . . and fix the female's face when I do.

Heather19
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Very nice. What is that last one done in, pen? I have to use pictures as a reference point for my drawings as well. I can get an image in my head, but it's really hard to put it down on paper if you I don't have something the visually look at while I'm drawing.

I think the bi-polar angel would make an excellent tattoo. Where are you thinking of getting it done?

Kidd Ikarus
05-08-2009, 05:34 AM
The last one was done with colored pencils. But I'm the same exact way and I hate it.:pullhair: I can never draw anything straight from my mind, but if you give me a picture, I can do a pretty damn good job of recreating whatever it is. Artistically, I feel like that is one of my biggest faults. That's why I use all of these references for my comic character. I know I wouldn't do him justice, so I find pictures that I like or that I think I would like him to look like and use those. I think I might try to get my girlfriend's sister to be my artist, she's really good, but she's also a school teacher and very busy, so I feel bad bothering her about it.

For the tattoo, I've been thinking either on the inside of my forearm or the inside of my bi-cep. I have 8 tattoos already and I'm kinda running out of space for the significant ones that I still want to get. My upper right arm is taken up by a tribal, and the outside of my upper left arm is reserved for a celtic cross. My legs from the knee down are getting kind of full and my upper back is already used up -- I have the circular Phoenix design that is on my zazzle page there.

Heather19
05-08-2009, 01:32 PM
oh, I just looked it up, that's very nice. You should post pics in the tattoo thread. Or have you already?

Kidd Ikarus
05-11-2009, 05:29 AM
I haven't. I don't know if I have any pictures of my tats. If I take some, I'll definitely post them.

Brice
05-11-2009, 05:49 AM
I haven't. I don't know if I have any pictures of my tats. If I'll take some, and I'll definitely post them.

:thumbsup:

fixed that for you. :)

Kidd Ikarus
05-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Hahaha. :rofl: Ok. I'll take em tonite, but I won't be able to get them posted until Wednesday. But I'll get them up.

Kidd Ikarus
05-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Just finished this last night. It's Roland's gun, done in Adobe Illustrator. I used a picture of a Colt posted by D-Bo in 'The Gunslingers Guns - General Discussion' thread as a visual reference. I kinda like how this one came out.

turtlex
05-27-2009, 07:11 AM
I love the small rose. Nice touch!

Kidd Ikarus
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks. :D I know there isn't a rose on his guns or any mention of it, but I decided to add a little personal touch to it.

mia/susannah
05-27-2009, 08:16 AM
I like your illustrations, they are very good

Daghain
05-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice!

Kidd Ikarus
05-29-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks!!

Kidd Ikarus
08-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I did this sketch of Spiderman in the Rain a year or two ago. It just got added to Stan Lee's Fan Art pt. 31 photo album on Facebook a couple of days ago.

Daghain
08-12-2009, 10:37 AM
ME LIKEY!

Kidd Ikarus
08-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Thankee Daggers-Sai

ScottRiley
08-16-2009, 10:58 AM
You're one talented mofo!

Love the vector work, wish I could get up to your standard! I'm a graphic and web designer by profession, but I've tried my hand at a couple of vector illustrations that just FAILED :P - so I'm off making boring logos and sites wishing I could do awesome cool stuff like you, really dig the second Kazz illustration!

My only criticism, and this could be completely down to your preferred illustration style, is that the lines tend not to vary much in weight, not that the contrast between heavy and light lines isn't there, I mean I would prefer a single line to differ in thickness from one point to another, to me it gives illustrations a more dynamic, emotional feel, but that's just personal preference :)

But damn, that second pic of the winged Kazz...just AWESOME, wings are fantastic - and the revolver is AMAZING :D

Kidd Ikarus
08-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks man! I'll definitely take your words into consideration. I think sometimes it kinda slips my mind with the weight of the lines. Sometimes I do change the weight a little, but I guess the difference between them is not always so noticeable. But thank you very much for the compliments. They mean a lot. If you want to get into this kind of stuff, most of it is not all that hard. Just a lot of patience and practice. whenever you are bored, just open up Adobe Illustrator and have fun. If you keep at it, you'll get the hang of it in no time. Just remember to keep everything in different layers. the layers are the key to keeping things simple.

Here's another one for today. Look ma, I'm just like Zach Snyder . . .

Rorschach

Daghain
08-17-2009, 10:06 AM
:thumbsup: Cool.