PDA

View Full Version : What would you ask Stephen King?

insomniacsnightmare
03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm very new to this, but I was just thinking about what I would want to ask Stephen King if I ever got the chance to meet him and I thought it might make for a good discussion.
What would you guys want to know from him, or what would you like to talk about if you got the chance to, say, interview him?
I would want to know what his true beliefs are of what happens after death...

John_and_Yoko
03-29-2009, 10:05 PM
"If I didn't know you and you wanted to give me a good idea of who you were by presenting me with one of your works, but you could only choose one....

...which of your works would you think best represents who you are as a person?"

Sam
03-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I got the chance to say whatever I wanted to when I was priviledged to meet him last year. I must say that asking him something, anything, didn't occur to me. I thought very long and hard about what I would say to him. In the end, I thanked him for giving a profession that is very dear to my heart (correctional officer/prison guard) more humanity than most any other story, film, television show, news cast, or other media ever has. I couldn't think of anything else that meant more to me than that.

Years ago, I had a chance, and brief, run-in with Michael Clarke Duncan and told him pretty much the same thing regarding his performance as John Coffey.

arnibeth
03-30-2009, 02:13 AM
I would ask him how the people who wrote the graphic novels got persmission to use his characters. I am writing my own Dark Tower story and I can't do anything with it unless I somehow find a way to get permission to do so. I can't even post some of it here. The web master on his own sight continued to say "error on page" and would not send. The publlisher did not answer my emails. Anyone have a clue?:idea::idea:

Brice
03-30-2009, 02:54 AM
I would ask him where he gets his ideas for stories. :innocent: I'm sure he hasn't heard that one before.

Matt
03-30-2009, 04:23 AM
I would ask him how the people who wrote the graphic novels got persmission to use his characters. I am writing my own Dark Tower story and I can't do anything with it unless I somehow find a way to get permission to do so. I can't even post some of it here. The web master on his own sight continued to say "error on page" and would not send. The publlisher did not answer my emails. Anyone have a clue?:idea::idea:

Hey arnibeth,

You should be able to either post on his site or PM Ms. Mod over there. However, the person who wrote the graphic novels is very close to SK and has done work for him the past.

Woofer
03-30-2009, 05:12 AM
"What type of chocolate do you prefer? Milk? Dark? Semi-sweet? Mixture? Fudgy? White?"

Chocolate preference is highly significant.

flaggwalkstheline
03-30-2009, 05:19 AM
I would ask him if he is ever going to write the story of what happened between insomnia and dt7 to patrick danville

ManOfWesternesse
03-30-2009, 05:43 AM
I would ask him where he gets his ideas for stories. :innocent: ....

..damn, Brice already thought of the only meaningful and original question I could come up with!
...please, please share the answer with me when you get it man!
:wtf:

Matt
03-30-2009, 06:33 AM
I would ask how his family was, I'm sure he loves to talk about them.

Odetta
03-30-2009, 06:34 AM
I would like to know what his deal is with spiders

Daghain
03-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I would ask him if he needs a new secretary. :D

LadyHitchhiker
03-30-2009, 08:31 AM
I would ask him if he would be a character reference on my resumees.

Hannah
03-30-2009, 08:36 AM
I would ask him if he minds if I move this thread to another forum where it would be more appropriate. :P

:lol: Merge/move coming up in ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

arnibeth
03-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Matt, Thanks I have been emailing today someone who finally answered me. Her name is Bev. It looks like the master will not allow anyone to use his characters or universe at all. (I did get the low down on the graphic novels) It is really a shame since I have a great story now and I to not finish it is to go insane. I was hoping to be able to post it here for all to see but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I always thought that Stephen King was like Roland, but now I think he is more like the Crimson KIng. :panic:

sarajean
03-30-2009, 09:08 AM
her name is bev?

arnibeth
03-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Excuse me it is HE.

mia/susannah
03-30-2009, 09:32 AM
I would be stupid enough to only ask for his autograph!!!:panic::wtf:

Mad Man
03-30-2009, 09:39 AM
i would ask him why don't they sell The Stand here in estonia :pullhair: ... or actually if he could give me a autograph :panic: *yeh i'm cheap :)*

AlishaRiley
03-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I'd ask him if he fancied shacking up with me. Forever. :evil:

sleeplessdwarf
03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
I think I would thank him for being King. I always read books as a kid, but I do not believe I would have ever been a "reader" if it had not been for discovering his books. The type of life I lived from 17 on just did not allow for being active in books. You have to admit, you have never seen a door man in a bar reading a book right? Well, I did, at least from 7-10. Once the crowd got big around 10:30 I had to pay attention more, but I did managed to finish a few good books in the bar.

Brice
03-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I'd ask him if he fancied shacking up with me. Forever. :evil:

He'd be insane to say no. :huglove: Now Tabby...she might mind. :lol:

AlishaRiley
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
:huglove: In that case, I'll take Brice instead. :evil:

Fishonabike
03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I would ask if he ever noticed the similarities between Roland and the character in the song Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.

Brice
03-30-2009, 10:42 AM
:blush:

Chap
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I would ask him gently to sit the frack down and
(major DT spoiler)
write the next "loop"
:P

more serious: I'd ask the universally dumb question "How do you do it?". And no reply would satisfy, I'm pretty sure.

Brice
03-30-2009, 11:02 AM
more serious: I'd ask the universally dumb question "How do you do it?". And no reply would satisfy, I'm pretty sure.

The only correct answer is with a pen and paper...or in modern terms a word processor/comp. :P

flaggwalkstheline
03-30-2009, 11:32 AM

The only correct answer is with a pen and paper...or in modern terms a word processor/comp. :P

I think most towerjunkies (whether they liked or didnt like the ending which i for 1 did) would rather ask "How could you do it?":panic:

Brice
03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
...excepting me. :)

Brice
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
I would ask if he ever noticed the similarities between Roland and the character in the song Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.

I ain't seen you around in forever. It's good to see you. :)

sleeplessdwarf
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
If I were to see him today I would also ask a very simple question. Do you have the DT series in Romanian? Brice, Letti, or any of my fellow overseas King lovers, do you know if it has been translated into Romanian? I have made a friend very curious. He does speak english, but not well enough to read entire books I think.

Brice
03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I will check. I try to collect some foreign editions, so I'll see what I can find. Unfortunately I'm thinking there isn't a Romanian DT series yet.

sleeplessdwarf
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks Brice. If you do come across any other King that has, let me know. This guy is usually only a reader of Euro classics, but I have convinced him to give King a shot by teasing him with a few snips of stories. Like Odetta and the china plate. :P

Fishonabike
03-30-2009, 12:36 PM

I ain't seen you around in forever. It's good to see you. :)

Thankee, Brice! It's good to be seen. :)

Empath of the White
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Insomnia spoilers
Who is the green man Lois saw? Who was possessing Old Dor?

Did you ever have those times when you knew what you wanted to write but were...I don't know...afraid because of how big your vision for the project was?

CyberGhostface
06-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Insomnia spoilers
Who is the green man Lois saw?

I thought it was a manifestation of the Turtle.

As for what I'd ask King...

DT7 Spoilers

Honestly, I'd ask him what heck was up with the way he killed Flagg, and if he would ever have Flagg appear in another book to get the bad taste out of my mouth. (Alright, I wouldn't say that last part...)

Cue the obligatory, "Hyuk hyuk, oh that Cyber, hyuk hyuk", but that's what I would ask him. Did he have it planned all along? Was this a last minute thing?

That, and "How does it feel that your son is kicking your ass right now?" :cool:

proverbs32
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I would ask him if he feels that booze and drugs "helped" him creatively to write?
And if he had the chance would he of stopped abusing himself?

proverbs32
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I would ask him if he feels that booze and drugs "helped" him creatively to write?
And if he had the chance would he of stopped abusing himself?
When he was younger of course

proverbs32
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Apart from "Rage" is there any other books he wished he never written?.

Garrell
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
What is his favorite comedy and would he ever write a comedy-style novel.

Shannon
02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I would ask him if he has a Stephen King collection. If so, what is it comprised of?

CRinVA
02-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Ya Think - Shannon!

We all know he probably has "most, but not all" of the stuff that Bob (Carlosdetweiler) has!

I'd ask Sai King, "What would you really like to do to fans that ask stupid questions?"

pathoftheturtle
02-08-2012, 06:56 AM
I'd ask Sai King, "What would you really like to do to fans that ask stupid questions?"Oh, like he wants to spend his time making up horrible things to do to people.

CRinVA
02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
It's what comes natural to him! :-)

blavigne
02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Good Question Shannon!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
How many trunk novels does he have? And will we ever see any of them?