PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS Battle #5 – Rogue Vs. Wonder Woman ! Please Vote !

turtlex
03-28-2009, 04:39 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/medium/RogueClose.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/medium/Wonder_Woman_flying.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The fifth VERSUS battle is now open!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

Rogue VERSUS Wonder Woman

Rogue :
Rogue is a mutant who possesses the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, and personality of other beings through skin-to-skin contact. Such transfers lasted for 60 times longer than the contact time, with extended contact resulting in the possibility of permanent absorption. No upper limit had been determined for the number of beings Rogue could simultaneously imprint. Upon absorbing another's memories, Rogue also gained any associated emotional responses. Rogue is typically able to control such emotions, however absorbing psyches more powerful than her own resulted in Rogue’s psyche being supplanted. After permanently absorbing the powers of Ms. Marvel, Rogue possessed an amalgamated mutant human/alien Kree physiology that granted her a degree of immunity to poisons, and a virtually indestructible body. Rogue also possessed Ms. Marvel's above normal reflexes and psychic "seventh sense" that enabled her to subconsciously anticipate an opponent’s moves. She also gained Ms. Marvel's incredible strength, and supersonic flight.

Wonder Woman :
Wonder Woman's body is a mystical creation made from the clay surrounding Themyscira. Through divine means, her disembodied soul was nurtured in and retrieved from the Well of Souls. Once the soul was placed into the body it immediately came to life, and was blessed with metahuman abilities by six Olympian deities. Demeter, the Goddess of agriculture and fertility, blessed Wonder Woman with strength drawn from the Earth spirit Gaea, making her one of the physically strongest heroes in the DCU. Aphrodite, the Goddess of love and beauty, blessed Diana with great beauty and a loving heart. Pallas Athena, the Goddess of wisdom and war, granted Diana great wisdom, intelligence and military prowess. Artemis, Goddess of the hunt, animals and the Moon, graced Diana with the Eyes of the Hunter and Unity with Beasts. The Eye of the Hunter ability gives Diana a full range of enhanced senses. Unity with Beasts grants her the ability to communicate with all forms of animal life, as well as to calm even the most ferocious of beasts. Hermes, the messenger God of speed, granted Diana superhuman speed, and the ability to fly. Through an act of concentration, Diana can mystically defy the laws of gravity and propel herself through the air to achieve flight - she is capable of sublight speeds.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/medium/X-men-Rouge.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/623/medium/wonder-woman3.jpg

razz
03-28-2009, 05:05 AM
this one was pretty straightforward for me.

pookie
03-28-2009, 06:42 AM
In that picture Rogue looks like Mena Sevari in American Beauty which is distracting. But while Wonder Woman always has the same distinctive look, Rogue shows up in many different looks so I guess one can take their pick on which look they like best. Need to think a little on who would win the battle. Um, Wonder Woman...wow wee :drool:

Sam
03-28-2009, 06:44 AM
I've got to wonder if Rogue can steal Wonder Woman's powers. I think she can.
Rogue all the way.

flaggwalkstheline
03-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Rogue would steal her powers and knock her unconscious in a matter of seconds, no contest

turtlex
03-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Here's my question.. Yes, Rogue could steal WW powers... but how the heck would she get close enough to her to touch her and, more importantly, hold on for any kind of time?! That's Rogue's downfall. As soon as she got close - they'd be fighting.

WW could use her lasso to capture Rogue and it's all done.

They both fly.
They both are very strong.

I am leaning towards WW on this one ( which bugs me, actually, since Rogue is one of my all time favorite characters! )

Melike
03-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Here's my question.. Yes, Rogue could steal WW powers... but how the heck would she get close enough to her to touch her and, more importantly, hold on for any kind of time?! That's Rogue's downfall. As soon as she got close - they'd be fighting.

WW could use her lasso to capture Rogue and it's all done.

They both fly.
They both are very strong.

I am leaning towards WW on this one ( which bugs me, actually, since Rogue is one of my all time favorite characters! )

This is exactly me!
Rouge is cooler.
But I agree with she couln't be able to get close&touch WW long enough to beat her.

razz
03-28-2009, 08:19 AM
well she has 7th sense, so it wouldn't be hard to anticipate attacks, and then "catch" one of WW punches. I can see it end from there

turtlex
03-28-2009, 08:24 AM
well she has 7th sense, so it wouldn't be hard to anticipate attacks, and then "catch" one of WW punches. I can see it end from there

Wonder Woman has the "Eye of a Hunter" ... ie - increased ability there.

The Eye of the Hunter ability gives Diana a full range of enhanced senses

Sam
03-28-2009, 02:24 PM
BUT, WW can't really hit Rogue without losing her power unless she wears gloves or hit Rogue somewhere covered up. WW tends to go for the face in a fight, and all Rogue needs is one second of contact. It's not like the movie, her power is actually faster than that from what I have seen over the years (unless it's been retconned and I don't know it).

turtlex
03-28-2009, 03:24 PM
WW could just whack Rogue with her arm cuffs!

Odetta
03-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Rogue

turtlex
03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Odetta... it's these long talks that make me feel so close to you. :couple: :D

Odetta
03-29-2009, 09:38 AM
:lol:

Brainslinger
03-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I can see it going either way.

(Incidentally, does Rogue still have Ms Marvel's abilities? I read an X-Man book the other day and she seemed to be completely ground based, just using her absorption abilities like the film version. Not that it matters really, I'll assume we're going for the souped up version.)

Rogue certainly has more all-round power and the ability to absorb other peoples. Wonder Woman is powerful but her abilities are finite. That would suggest Rogue has the edge there.

Considering their personalities and skills though...

I get the impression (which might be wrong) that WW is older and more experienced. She also comes across very confident whilst Rogue constantly doubts herself, mainly due to the guilt of her dark past and the devastation her powers can cause.

(By the way, I understand WW's lasso of truth forces people to tell the truth, but does it render them immobile too? Beyond that of being tied up with a rope I mean. (It's not completely indestructible apparently, although I think it would be tough enough to hold Rogue.)

I think Wonder Woman would need to bring all her skills and abilities to bear, but I think I'll go with her.

turtlex
03-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I think you're on the money, Brainslinger.

Oh, I thought Rogue divested of Ms. Marvel... not sure though. Also, not sure why I chose the word "divested". :D

I am assuming that both bring their absolute A-Game to the battle, and I had to go with WW because I can't see her allowing Rogue to get close enough to gain her strengh.

obscurejude
03-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh, I though Rogue divested of Ms. Marvel... not sure though. Also, not sure why I chose the word "divested". :D

:rofl:

Sam
03-29-2009, 05:10 PM
All it takes is one second's touch and it's all over. Just one second. That's a lot to bank on.

sarajean
03-29-2009, 07:16 PM
discussing this with jeff and this was his comment "it all comes down to this: can you lay your hands on the bitch? no, you can't. case closed."

i had already voted for rogue.

Sam
03-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Sure you can lay hands on her. Wait until she swings at you and bam, you've touched her. Rogue doesn't have to put her hands on her. She can just let WW hit her in the face and her power will do it's magic.

Plus, they both can fly, they both have super strength, and Rogue can take anyone's powers for her own all by a single touch. WW would have to suit up, head to toe, in something so no skin was showing to fight her. And then she has to hope nothing gets torn away. They are very close to equals in the power department. Skin-on-Skin, that's all it takes. I've been in plenty of fights, some even involved weapons, and they ALL had skin-to-skin contact of some sort.

IWasSentWest
03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
all rogue has to do is get superman, flash, or whoever you choose drunk, touch him, gain his power for a little bit, zap up to wonder women for..what? half a second, touch her, and boom. game over

turtlex
03-30-2009, 02:24 AM
All it takes is one second's touch and it's all over. Just one second. That's a lot to bank on.

Um, I have to disagree with this... just on principal because a second is a long time when you're facing Wonder Woman. It's not like Diana is just gonna stand there while this is happening!

discussing this with jeff and this was his comment "it all comes down to this: can you lay your hands on the bitch? no, you can't. case closed."

i had already voted for rogue.

I like Jeff. He needs an account and he needs to get his vote in now !!

However, you already voted for Rogue?!??! Jeeze!

( I don't have the mod powers to edit the poll... if you want to change your vote, we'll need intervention - lemme know )

all rogue has to do is get superman, flash, or whoever you choose drunk, touch him, gain his power for a little bit, zap up to wonder women for..what? half a second, touch her, and boom. game over

Okay, this is a battle between Rogue and Wonder Woman, not every hero in the JLA against Wonder Woman... though I do like that you have Rogue getting them all drunk !!!

I see it like this - they're both airborne, cause if you can fly, you will - and WW uses her lasso to bind Rogue's hands and then pummels her. Game over. Wonder Woman wins.

Brice
03-30-2009, 04:35 AM
( I don't have the mod powers to edit the poll... if you want to change your vote, we'll need intervention - lemme know )

Yuo should be able to edit it. Are you sure? :unsure:

turtlex
03-30-2009, 05:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I can't... or rather... have no idea how to.

BUT - I'm not sure sarajean wants her vote changed or not, regardless.

sarajean
03-30-2009, 06:38 AM
no, don't edit mine. if jeff wants to vote he can create an account and vote for his-own-damn-self.

Odetta
03-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Rogue is hotter

turtlex
03-30-2009, 06:41 AM
no, don't edit mine. if jeff wants to vote he can create an account and vote for his-own-damn-self.

Oh.Snap.

sarajean
03-30-2009, 06:43 AM

i always discuss polls and stuff with him, though. usually before i vote, but last night he was playing burnout and i had to wait for him to come downstairs.

turtlex
03-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Rogue is hotter

Ah! The truth comes out!

I have suspected all along this was the reason for the Rogue votes!

This is not a beauty contest, people !!!!

i always discuss polls and stuff with him, though. usually before i vote, but last night he was playing burnout and i had to wait for him to come downstairs.

Burnout? Oh, okay, he's forgiven.

turtlex
03-30-2009, 06:49 AM
http://www.meaganvanburkleo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jla-07cover-cmykcrop_.jpg
http://www.superherostuff.com/OtherItems/Images/wonder_woman_infinity_crisis_poster_2.jpg

Sam
03-30-2009, 07:09 AM
I see it like this - they're both airborne, cause if you can fly, you will - and WW uses her lasso to bind Rogue's hands and then pummels her. Game over. Wonder Woman wins.

Remember what I said though, skin-on-skin contact is all it takes. If WW hits her in the cheek, skin has made contact with skin. Kinda like electricity, all it takes is a touch and you're zapped.:P

sarajean
03-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Ah! The truth comes out!

I ahve suspected all along this was the reason for the Rogue votes!

This is not a beauty contest, people !!!!

well, i think wonder woman is hotter, but i still think rogue would take her down.

Burnout? Oh, okay, he's forgiven.

:lol: i'll let him know.

turtlex
03-30-2009, 07:17 AM

Remember what I said though, skin-on-skin contact is all it takes. If WW hits her in the cheek, skin has made contact with skin. Kinda like electricity, all it takes is a touch and you're zapped.:P

If WW punched her in the face - Rogue would have the power but she'll also will have just been PUNCHED BY WONDER WOMAN...

... also, WW knows about Rogue's power so just has to, like, smack her all over except where skin is. Rogue would be a cute little X-Men punching bag for Wonder Woman to play with !

Sam
03-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Ya know, you just seemed to have too much fun with that analogy. Cute little X-Man punching bag, jeez.:rolleyes:

turtlex
03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
:blush:

Okay, try this one out for size... Diana lassos Rogue's feet, swings her round'n'round and ... bam, right into a wall... Rogue pancake... no skin to skin contact what so ever.

Until Diana peels her off the wall, folds her up nice and pretty and snail mail's her home to Gambit !

Sam
03-30-2009, 07:38 AM

sarajean
03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
:lol: snail mail.

:wub:

Aaron
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I need to think about this. Rogue is a powerful empath, and they can almost always come out on top if they strategize properly.

And dont forget the best WW pic, turtlex.

This pic actually made me like WW, whom I have despised since forever. :wub:

http://fc27.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/106/8/d/Wonder_Woman_by_Kerong.jpg

turtlex
03-31-2009, 03:26 PM
I would like to remind, that though not an empath - WW does have enhanced senses!

( and a reminder that Wonder Woman is not Lynda Carter... if, by chance, that's turning some of you off )

( same as Rogue is not Anna Paquin.. if that is turning you off - vote for Wonder Woman )

:D

Kidd Ikarus
04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Rogue all the way. I used to have such a crush on her during the '90's X-Men cartoon.

Aaron
04-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Okay, I have surmised that if Rogue were to fight entirely in the nude she would likely be able to make contact at least once during the fight, rendering her the winner.

Naked Rogue wins! :rock:

Matt
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Naked Rogue always wins. :rock:

turtlex
04-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Naked Rogue Always Wins.

That's a given, people!

IWasSentWest
04-01-2009, 03:12 PM
sorry turtlex..i believe your cause is lost

turtlex
04-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh, there's no surprise there, my friend!

Especially when you start invoking the image of Naked Rogue....

..... who can fight that?!?

:D

Sam
04-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't stand a chance of winning, but I'd damn sure give it my best shot.

Hannah
04-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I voted Wonder Woman. If naked Rogue were an option I may have voted for her. Aaron made me talk with him about this for like ten minutes yesterday. I've surmised that Wonder Woman would win. Hands down. Rogue couldn't touch her. And WW isn't stupid enough to touch Rogue, so there you have it.

cozener
04-03-2009, 09:15 AM
To tough for me to call so I just voted Wonder Woman because I like her shorts.

turtlex
04-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I voted Wonder Woman. If naked Rogue were an option I may have voted for her. Aaron made me talk with him about this for like ten minutes yesterday. I've surmised that Wonder Woman would win. Hands down. Rogue couldn't touch her. And WW isn't stupid enough to touch Rogue, so there you have it.

Yes, exactly! Thank you !!!

To tough for me to call so I just voted Wonder Woman because I like her shorts.

This was my secondary point of discussion. :D

turtlex
04-08-2009, 03:50 AM
* bumpage *

This battle ends this weekend...

... where oh where are the Wonder Woman fans?!?

turtlex
04-10-2009, 01:19 AM
Gonna close this one on Saturday, so get your votes in... maybe this will help even the score some :

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/characters/who-images/wonder-woman1.jpg

Might take a BattleBreak while we're working on the Best Graphic Novel polls. Of course, our Battles will come back!

Melike
04-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Turtlex, I really appreciate your effort on getting more votes to WW. :couple:

Brice
04-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Wonder Woman :)

turtlex
04-10-2009, 05:21 AM
It's a huge late breaking come-back!!!

Sam
04-10-2009, 05:32 AM