PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS Battle #4 – The Flash Vs. Iron Man ! Please Vote !

turtlex
03-14-2009, 02:48 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/flash_1.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/5745.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The fourth VERSUS battle is now open!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

This battle proposed by flaggwalkstheline.

The Flash VERSUS Iron Man

The Flash aka Wally West :
The Flash can move, think, react at superhuman speeds, vibrate so fast that they can walk through walls, travel through time and can also lend and borrow speed. He has an invisible aura around his body that prevents him and his clothes from being affected by air friction as he moves at high speed. The Flash may at times use the ability to speed-read at incredible rates and in doing so, process vast amounts of information. Whatever knowledge he acquires in this manner is usually temporary. The key ability of Flash is speed: running fast, thinking fast, kicking and punching fast. He can create whirlwinds with his arms or drill through the ground. He can move back and forth so quickly he becomes invisible. He can run up the side of a building faster than the pull of gravity, or across water before their feet have time to break the surface. Flash has control over his molecules, and can vibrate through solid objects. Flash can also lend speed to moving objects or steal it from them, slowing them to a stop.

Iron Man aka Tony Stark :
After being critically injured during a battle with the Extremis-enhanced Mallen, Stark injected his nervous system with a modified techno-organic virus to save his own life. This fused Stark's armor to his body, allowing him to store the inner layers of the Iron Man armor in the hollows of his bones as well as control it through direct brain impulses. He is also able to remotely connect to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers throughout the world. Because the armor's operating system is now directly connected to Stark's nervous system, its response time has been significantly improved. The Extremis armor grants him superspeed reactions and a healing factor able to regrow whole organs. He was able to stop Crimson Dynamo's heart and restart it. A genius level intellect that allows him to create a range of sophisticated inventions, most notably his Iron Man armor. Also possesses a keen business mind.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/jaygarrick10gy.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/comic-art.jpg

razz
03-14-2009, 05:42 AM
you know, that's a Flash I've never heard of, and it almost made me change my vote. almost.

Brainslinger
03-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I didn't know about the injecting of a 'techno-organic virus' and 'inner armour in the hollow of his bones' and the 'healing factor'. I thought Iron Man was just a highly intelligent guy in a high-tech flying armour suit! I take it these are upgrades? He truly is a cyborg now then.

Then again the only real exposure I've had to Iron man was the cartoon a while back. And a couple of other comics long after his origin.

I'm leaning towards Flash at this point. Iron man is probably more all-round powerful in terms of number of his abilities, and he probably has the edge in terms of genius and he can fly. But Flash is just so good at his specific power: super-speed, I think that would go a long way. I'm sure even Iron Man's advanced speed wouldn't come close to Flash's.

Then again, with Iron man it takes just one hit or energy blast and Flash is out...

I'll think about it a bit more before voting.

flaggwalkstheline
03-14-2009, 06:51 AM
theres of pic of both wally west and jay garrick up there...
I wont vote until its clarified which flash is involved here
Jay Garrrick, Wally West or Barry Allen?

Sam
03-14-2009, 09:05 AM
The current incarnation of That Flash, I think, is Wally West. He also appears to be the most powerful from what I have read. It's been a long time since I regularly read the book though.

turtlex
03-14-2009, 12:06 PM
flaggwalkstheline - This was your suggestion - why don't you pick which Flash we're dealing with here!

I grabbed a couple of different pics, just to show different looks.

mystima
03-16-2009, 01:32 AM
that flash looks like he is in his late 40's or early 50's. (bottom pic). if the flash can siphon speed from a foe, then iron man wouldn't be able to fly...that's my opinion. it's the flash for me

turtlex
03-16-2009, 02:21 AM
The bottom picture is definitely classic, old school, Flash.

BUT - I just grabbed the picture because I thought it would be cool to show the different looks Flash has had over the decades.

Please go by the description of powers, rather than the photos.

turtlex
03-16-2009, 05:48 AM
flaggwalkstheline has chosen WALLY WEST as the Flash in this battle.

I've adjusted the name on the first thread.

Please Vote using this criteria !

Some specific info regarding WW : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_West

flaggwalkstheline
03-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Ironman would win, no matter how fast someone is, if they have the strength of a normal human, then one punch from the iron suit would ko them

turtlex
03-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Playing devil's advocate here, if Flash were to flash by, run around Ironman, put a bomb on his back and flash out of there, Ironman wouldn't even know there was a bomb on his back until he exploded....

.... also, Ironman has to be able to see the Flash to punch him.

Aaron
03-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Not to mention that the Flash could also technically walk through Iron Man. I mean Iron Man is hardcore, but Flash is just too fast--he approaches light speed. And not only does he go this fast, but he does it well--no clumsiness there--and he can think just as quickly as he moves. In this case I think the speed is such an extreme advantage that it overcomes Iron Man's extreme advantages of power and cybernetic ability.

Gotta go with Flash.

Sam
03-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I tend to agree with you Aaron. The Flash's speed pretty much rules out any tecnhological marvels Tony has so far. The only way Tony would be able to fight Flash would be to counteract that speed. HOWEVER, if anyone could do it, Tony Stark could. Most of Flash's enemies have beaten him by either ganging up on him, taking someone hostage, or by using his speed against him (this has happened a few times but nothing specific comes to mind). Also you have people like Trickster who might drop a bunch marbles in front of him, but the Flash is wise to that sort of trick now.

I think it would go to Flash. Tony would need time to come up with a weapon to counteract his speed, and time certainly wouldn't be on his side.

Gris
03-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Considering every previous genius human vs. superhero battle we've had, I might as well play along with what seems to be thrown out every other time even though I usually think it's a lame attemp as picking a person's favorite to win instead of the favored "Hero". Given the infinite amount of prep time that always seems to be the basis for these battle to those that chose the human, I predict this...

Tony Stark is a super brilliant, genius, rich, all-around nice guy that is also a master of technology and engineering. Tony would invent himself an air-altering shield that would extend out from his suit for a distance of 3 meters. The purpose of this shield would be to change the harmonic vibrations of the air in the perimeter to be the exact opposite frequency of any object moving in the field, automatically stopping it dead in it's tracks.

Being the originator of this shield, Iron Man would be unaffected. He could therefore wait until Flashy swung by for a shot, snare him in the shield automatically and then KO him with a monster stomp to his toes followed by a Hurculean Super-Iron-Kick to the nads, removing Flash's ability to ever walk again, let alone run.

Aaron
03-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Considering every previous genius human vs. superhero battle we've had, I might as well play along with what seems to be thrown out every other time even though I usually think it's a lame attemp as picking a person's favorite to win instead of the favored "Hero". Given the infinite amount of prep time that always seems to be the basis for these battle to those that chose the human, I predict this...

I actually like Iron Man a lot more than Flash. I just dont find it physically possible for a man-made device of any kind to stop something moving at a velocity that near the speed of light. When moving at top speed the subatomic particles that make up the Flash's body would begin to lose mass, making them very similar to particles of light in their physical make-up--meaning that his body wouldnt have the typical properties of, nor be subject to the physical reactions common to, physical matter. So unless Stark creates a man-made black hole (from which light cannot escape) I doubt he would be able to trap him...and creating a man-made black hole wouldnt be a very safe project, since it would almost certainly be uncontainable and would subsequently snuff out our galaxy.

flaggwalkstheline
03-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Not to mention that the Flash could also technically walk through Iron Man. I mean Iron Man is hardcore, but Flash is just too fast--he approaches light speed. And not only does he go this fast, but he does it well--no clumsiness there--and he can think just as quickly as he moves. In this case I think the speed is such an extreme advantage that it overcomes Iron Man's extreme advantages of power and cybernetic ability.

Gotta go with Flash.

actually Wally cant quite reach this level of power anymore, he was for a while but the speed force chose Bart Allen (barrys nephew) and until he (kid flash) died he was the only one who could reach that kind of godlike status
whether those kinds of powers return to barry or wally remains to be seen but as of yet they have not so both of them are comparitively underpowered compared to the way they were pre-infinite crisis, thats y i think Tony would win cause wallys' power level is currently somewhat higher than quicksilver, who ironman has taken down multiple times

Aaron
03-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Hmm...didnt know that happened. Well, that sucks for Flash. :lol:

Sam
03-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I didn't know that either. Wow, It looks like Tony would likely beat Wally then. I was going off the belief that Wally could reach the high velocities that he was able to after issue #100.

Gris, I like the idea of Tony inventing a field to change the reaction of outside elements and stop anything that enters the field cold. It sounds like something Tony could invent.

turtlex
03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Tony could do it !! I know he could ... plus, we have to assume he'd know he was going into this battle... so any sneak/surprise attack the Flash used would be minimal...

... on the other hand... you can't hit what you can't see.

SigTauGimp
03-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I'll have to sit on this one for a while...excellent match-up.

IWasSentWest
03-16-2009, 04:58 PM
if it was the barry allen edition of flash, this wouldnt even be a discussion. but wally isnt nearly as powerful as barry...but still...i think iron man would be outmatched

Sam
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I think that Wally is just as powerful as Barry, even more so imo, but he hasn't explored his potential like Barry did.

turtlex
03-17-2009, 07:54 AM
I actually went with Iron Man on this one... but it was hard. flaggwalkstheline has chosen a real good match-up.

My thinking is that since Tony would have advance knowledge of this battle, he'd find a way to at least be able to see The Flash... which would give him the edge here. We know the Iron Man suit has all kinds of infra-red gadgets, etc, which enhance sight.

fernandito
03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
After much debating, I had to go with The Flash - The Flash family more than proved their worth in the Final Crisis storyline.

Spencer
03-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Flash runs away, Stark's alcohol submerged heart gives out chasing him, the end.

Brainslinger
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
When I first came across this, I was willing to go for Flash. I still think Flash's speed (regardless of the incarnation, I'm assuming even the slower versions can still run rings around pretty much everyone else) would go a long way to providing an effective weapon. However, Stark's technological expertise and inventiveness, could counteract this. And there's the fact that he is in a huge metal suit of armour which I think would take a while for someone, even at super speed, to crack. I think it would protect him long enough to be aware of what was happening and retaliate with a wide setting energy bolt or some kind of shield.

Truth is, like a lot of these fights, depending on circumstances, preparation and luck, I think it could go either way. But I'm going to change my original view and go with Iron Man on this.

IWasSentWest
03-17-2009, 11:45 AM
truth is, there are so many different ways any superhero could win any battle based on whatever history you choose of them. comic books have so many different story arcs, half of the time, one comic book completely changes or alters another comic book of the same hero. its kinda hard to know which version you'll get. kid flash? the flash from the final-crisis, the flash from infinite crisis. pre-infinite crisis.

all in all, i still choose flash. i mean the guy could travel through time

Odetta
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
...he'll save every one of us!

IWasSentWest
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
fuckin' chuck norris

Sam
03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
...he'll save every one of us!

That's Flash Gordon!:rolleyes: What happened girl? I thought you were a comic book person.

Odetta
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
:rock:
I know! ;)
but whenever I see Flash... I hear Queen. Can't help myself!

and hey, you knew who I voted for, didnt-cha?

pookie
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Flash's outfit is much cooler, very sexy, nice realistic muscle definition. Iron Man looks like a machine when he's really not. But, looks aside...because that one picture of Flash looks like Robin Hood...despite his intelligence and strength, I just don't see Iron Man sighting in on Flash long enough to be effective. Not to mention that Flash has super-stamina whereas Iron Man has to at some point find a means to recharge, not to mention he has a bullet nudging towards his heart all the time he has to worry over. Plus, Flash has time travel so he can travel back to a time before Iron Man figured out all the super-neato technological upgrades that keep him going. Flash can also vibrate sonically so one can assume that if in the pre-technology days, before Iron Man even knew what was up Flash could sonicate Iron Man's armor right away. So, for this girl, Flash conquers Iron Man, hands down.

turtlex
03-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Yup, that's my girl - completely negating my vote for Iron Man. :D

:wub:

pookie
03-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Oops, sorry turtlex. That's the analytical brain at work. :huglove:

turtlex
03-18-2009, 04:59 AM
"I kiss you on the brain....."

:huglove:

Melike
03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Flash runs away, Stark's alcohol submerged heart gives out chasing him, the end.

:D Spencer...:wub:

I voted for Flash, too. Flash is as intelligent as Stark can think fast, and can be invisable, can slow Ironman, and pass trough him.
A punch wouldn't be effective on Flash, as many has said above.

Making an high-tech machine seems the only weapon Ironman has got against Flash. Maybe a machine that blocks Flash's molecules get back together in the right way, after he vibrates trough a solid object.

But Flash also can travel back in time; so he can guess such a trick coming, and go back in time and stop Ironman before he achieves it. ( As others have said above. )

So, to me, Ironman has no chance.

turtlex
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
I like your points, Melike, with the exception of the "Flash is as intelligent as Stark".

Not so sure about that one. :orely:

Melike
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I like your points, Melike, with the exception of the "Flash is as intelligent as Stark".

Not so sure about that one. :orely:

Sorry, it is my fault, I wanted to say he can think fast. You are right, it is not same with intelligence.

I edit it.

IWasSentWest
03-18-2009, 11:14 AM
lucky luke! we watch that show in my french class all the time

Melike
03-18-2009, 11:31 AM
lucky luke! we watch that show in my french class all the time

Really?:excited: You like it?

pookie
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
"I kiss you on the brain....."

:huglove:

I'm a lucky girl :blush:

That Stark is a mega-genius was the one factor that made me actually weigh whether he could beat Flash. I don't sense Flash as below average intelligence but as with an annoying fly buzzing around, I'm a lot more intelligent than it but I can't swat fast enough to kill it.

The only way I see Iron Man defeating Flash is if he uses his genius to figure out how to disable the Speed Force which would render Flash back to being just an average guy.

Patrick
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, I voted before reading the thread, or even reviewing the first post. I was voting based on my childhood memory of these guys - before all the time travel/borrowed speed and exoskeleton-in-the-bones/whatever crap.

The Flash wins in my book.

Nods to Spencer's hilariously flawless logic, and to Odetta's Flash Gordon movie reference - although I'm not pleased that the song is now stuck in my head. :doh:

turtlex
03-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Wow, this one is actually still kind of close....

.... I will close the poll this coming Saturday.

Cort
03-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Ironman could easily fly off ...leading the flash into some newly created device that would nullify his speed,leaving him open to an ironman style ass kicking

turtlex
03-25-2009, 04:32 PM
:lol: I like the way you think, Cort :lol:

This poll will close on Saturday...

.... Git Yer Votes In !

Odetta
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I had a boyfriend in high school who was obsessed with The Flash. Seriously. I felt like a third wheel.

Sam
03-25-2009, 05:37 PM
The only thing I was obsessed with in high school was... sorry, can't tell that.

turtlex
03-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Odetta - You should definitely vote for Ironman then... revenge !!!

turtlex
03-27-2009, 04:31 PM
* bumpage *

Last chance!
New Battle to be published on Saturday!!!

Jon
03-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Flash has always been my man, since I was kneehigh to a bong!

turtlex
03-28-2009, 04:32 AM
It was a great battle and we have a winner!!!

The Flash has won this battle.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/theflash_comics.jpg

A new battle will be posted soon.