PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower and The Stand in Wizard

The Cosmic Geek
02-25-2009, 06:21 PM
The new issue of Wizard magazine has a page and a half each about The Dark Tower and The Stand comic book. They show a few panels from each series and have small blurbs from the writers and artists.

turtlex
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Great....and where the heck is my current issue of Wizard !?!?!

Thanks for posting Cosmic Geek!

jhanic
02-26-2009, 04:40 AM
What's Wizard?

John

turtlex
02-26-2009, 04:44 AM
John -

Wizard Magazine covers the comic world, all aspects ( including film related tie-ins, toys, video games, comic price guides, etc ).

This is their description : The #1 men’s pop-culture magazine, Wizard provides comics and entertainment fans with everything they need to know about comic books, movies, TV, video games, DVDs and more. Full-color graphics, in-depth interviews, behind-the-scenes features and a fun, light-hearted tone combine to provide the ultimate experience for Wizard's passionate community of fans.

They can be found at www.wizarduniverse.com

~ Pam

lophophoras
02-26-2009, 04:48 AM
The new issue of Wizard magazine has a page and a half each about The Dark Tower and The Stand comic book. They show a few panels from each series and have small blurbs from the writers and artists.

Which Issue? 210?

turtlex
02-26-2009, 04:53 AM
lop -

According to Wizards site, 210 is the current issue, yes.

There are three different covers for 210 - One with Barak Obama, one with Spidey and Wolverine, and one with the Wanted video game.

Order the issue : http://www.wizarduniverse.com/jan093909.html

Most Borders, B&N and comic shops carry Wizard, though. I've even seen it in some grocery stores.

Hopefully, I will get my issue soon!

lophophoras
02-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Thanks!

;)

jhanic
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks, Pam. I'm really new to the comics collecting world, and it seems that there's a lot to learn!

John

Matt
02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
It's a rabbit hole to be sure John.

turtlex
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
John -

You're very welcome. And don't get overwhelmed, if you have any questions - please just ask.

Matt - Welcome to my Rabbit Hole :couple: !

The Cosmic Geek
02-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Great....and where the heck is my current issue of Wizard !?!?!

Thanks for posting Cosmic Geek!

No problem, glad to be of service.

turtlex
03-01-2009, 04:17 PM
FINALLY got my Wizard magazine.

I can likely make some Xerox copies of the DT/Stand pages - PM me your address if you'd like me to send you a copy.

turtlex
06-28-2009, 09:59 AM
From WIZARD 214
Martket Watch
Shop Talk / Retailer Buzz and Gossip

Stephen King's Dark Tower
Fans clamored for years to see King's work in comic form. When the Marvel books hit, that clamoring turned into sales. How about now though? The reaction for Dark Tower: Sorcerer was tepid at best with the retailers. Marsha Humprey at Nostalgia Plus in Richmond, VA., says the only buyers are the few remaining diehards, with Gabriel Hagmann at Seattle's DreamStrands and Terry Booth at comic Junction in Fargo, ND. in agreement.

turtlex comments : It seems to me, that judging DT comics on the sales of a one-shot is kind of lame.

CyberGhostface
06-28-2009, 12:45 PM
The reaction for Dark Tower: Sorcerer was tepid at best with the retailers.

Now there's a shock. :P

Realistically speaking though, I can imagine a lot of people starting out at first getting it because its Stephen King. And, as time goes on, its not what they expect from him (being more familiar with his standard horror fare) and they drop it.

That, and after the first arc, the promotion on Marvel's part has petered out significantly. I mean, compare the furor Marvel put out when it was first released and now.

turtlex
06-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Cyber - I agree completely.

Really, I just thought it was interesting that they focus'd on a One-Shot.

Honestly, my comic-shop-guy said his DT titles are selling horribly - that sales have gone down with each arc. He said he's ordering no where near the necessary number of copies so he's not getting variants at all.

Regardless, a One-Shot is no way to judge a series.

turtlex
08-09-2009, 01:02 PM
There are a couple of DT / Sai King mentions in the current issue of Wizard ( # 215 ).

The issue is celebrating Marvel's 70th anniversary.

In an article titled Marvelous Moments : ( lists consists of 70 )

# 26 - Peter David's 12 year run on The Incredible Hulk
# 33 - Teaming with Stephen King for Dark Tower and The Stand

( FYI : My favorite on the list... # 4 Marvel hires Stan Lee... as a copy boy!!! )

CyberGhostface
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
turtlex comments : It seems to me, that judging DT comics on the sales of a one-shot is kind of lame.

And now that one-shot is selling better than the main series. :D I wonder if Jae Lee's return will boost sales, though.

turtlex
08-18-2009, 02:30 PM
CG - I, personally, am really looking forward to Jae Lee's return. I can only think that others are as well.