PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS Battle #2 - Superman Vs. Captain America ! Please Vote !

turtlex
02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
http://www.alexrossart.com/galleries/dc/thumb/superman_capamerica_thumb.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The second VERSUS battle is now open : It’s a battle of classic American Icons!

Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

Superman VERSUS Captain America

Superman :
Superman possesses extraordinary powers, which are traditionally described as "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound". Superman's famous arsenal of powers has included flight, super-strength, invulnerability to non-magical attacks, super-speed, vision powers (including x-ray, heat-emitting, telescopic, infra-red, and microscopic vision), super-hearing, and super-breath, which enables him to blow out air at freezing temperatures, as well as exert the propulsive force of high-speed winds. As originally conceived and presented in his early stories, Superman's powers were relatively limited, consisting of superhuman strength that allowed him to lift a car over his head, run at amazing speeds and leap one-eighth of a mile, as well as incredibly tough skin that could be pierced by nothing less than an exploding artillery shell. Kryptonian physiology means that under a yellow sun (a.k.a. ours) his cells become supercharged via solar radiation, effectively heightening every normal human ability hundreds of times over. This means that he is one of the strongest and fastest people on the planet. A natural bio-electric aura accounts for much of his invulnerability acting like a natural force field mere millimeters from his skin.

Captain America :
Captain America has a very high intelligence as well as agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he metabolized has enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Most notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance. Captain America has mastered the martial arts of American-style boxing and judo, and has combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He has also shown skill and knowledge of a number of other martial arts. Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-metal alloy that has never been duplicated. The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

http://www.silverfeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/superman.jpg

EdwardDean1999
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm happy to see that Cap has more votes (3 to 2 as of this posting). But the Marvel fanboy in me has to concede that Superman would win the fight. Hands down. Alas, Captain America's mighty shield was not made of Kryptonite. He would lose. He'd go down fighting like hell. But he'd lose. Doesn't matter which Captain it was. Steve would lose. Bucky would lose. Superman has too many powers which have been added to his ever expanding arsenal since his inception.

Cap's only chance is if he's up against Superman of the 1930's. Back then when superman debuted his only powers were tough skin, speed, and super strength. None of this "Hurricane breath" or "Heat Vision" garbage. He couldn't even fly. He could "leap tall buildings" because he was so strong but not fly. Sounds like a much more even match. And you know, Captain America would probably neutralize Superman of 1938.

But that's not the scenario. :-( Captain gets killed all over again.

turtlex
02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Good points, all, but I'm not yet convinced that Supes would win.

Granted, he does have the advantage, but he can be killed - unless I'm mistaken, he bleeds and can be hurt, but only Krytonite kills him... Is this not right?!? I mean, what with that whole Death of Superman storyline and all.

( yeah, I'm a Marvel Fangirl, so I've been trying to read up on this Superman fellow )

EdwardDean1999
02-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't think "Killing" would fit into either combatants' moral code. I can't imagine any differences coming between these two that would make them make exceptions to the rule. It would be a battle to submission most likely. But I'm splitting hairs. It doesn't matter what you call it, my boy loses. :angry:

turtlex
02-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Actually -

Obviously, they can both be killed :

Death of Superman
http://sirjorge.com/blogx/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/death_of_superman.jpg

Death of Captain America
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/416512401_33d3261533.jpg

wolverine0712
02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Unless Captain America was to come across a krytonite shield, he'd lose.

Aaron
02-16-2009, 09:02 AM
As far as I know, Superman can only be "injured" in very exceptional circumstances, as his flesh cannot usually be pierced. Gotta go with Supes on this one; Captain America is good, but he is also human. Their fight would be brutal--no doubt--but I don't see any way that Cap could beat him in an all out brawl. If he was able to procure some kryptonite, though, he would definitely have a chance.

If it werent for his moral code, Superman could beat him easily. He would just need to grab Cap and fly up until there was no more oxygen.

fernandito
02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Superman would win, although I don't really care for either.

LadyHitchhiker
02-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Well I thought the only way Superman could be defeated was with kryotonite, though...

flaggwalkstheline
02-16-2009, 10:32 AM
captain america (Barnes or Rogers) is not batman
theres no way he could take superman

Sam
02-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Please, Cap is one of the best strategists in the game when he puts his mind and experience to it. The biggest question is if Cap could get his hands on some Kryptonite or a magical weapon of some sort (don't forget Supes is vulnerable to magic). If either one happens, Cap wins. Without, he's going to lose.

For my money, I think Cap is smart enough to bring something extra to the table. He can grab Thor's hammer if nothing else (remember that he is one of the priviledged few to wield it). Cap wins.

flaggwalkstheline
02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Please, Cap is one of the best strategists in the game when he puts his mind and experience to it. The biggest question is if Cap could get his hands on some Kryptonite or a magical weapon of some sort (don't forget Supes is vulnerable to magic). If either one happens, Cap wins. Without, he's going to lose.

For my money, I think Cap is smart enough to bring something extra to the table. He can grab Thor's hammer if nothing else (remember that he is one of the priviledged few to wield it). Cap wins.

the thing is cap (rogers) and superman both have very marquee of queens, above the belt style of fighting, theyre, both wusses
now barnes would be more willing to get underhanded on the blue boyscout that steve

Sam
02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
True, but Cap has shown that he can get the job done. He just won't kill to do it. I don't think he'd use trickery, but he would certainly use a weapon if he needed to.

Brainslinger
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't know much about Captain America, but I think he has the edge as far as intelligence is concerned.

Superman is just so very powerful though. One of the most powerful superheroes existing. He even defeated the Hulk in the DC Vs Marvel comics (although Hulk was strong enough to hurt him.)

That leads to an interesting point, that while Superman has a high level of invulnerability, if he encounters a foe stronger than himself (and some do exist) he can still be damaged or killed. (Doomsday is a classic example.) I don't think Captain America is such a foe though. I vote Supers.

Actually speaking of Marvel Vs DC, do any of you remember the Amalgam comics? I've never read them all the way through, but they involved characters that resulted in a fusion of superheroes from DC and Marvel. One such character is Dark Claw (a fusion of Wolverine and Batman) Another was Supersoldier. (I'll let you guess what two character he was fused from. ;)

fernandito
02-16-2009, 04:13 PM
I vaguely remember reading some Dark Claw stuff....long time ago...

Seymour_Glass
02-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Supes hands down. What some people seem to be forgetting is that he isn't a dumb shit. He's not naive, and he's just as smart as Cap if not smarter.

And I put him up against Preacher's God. So of course he could take down Cap.

turtlex
02-16-2009, 05:31 PM
If I'm not mistaken - when Superman was killed in his own storyline... wasn't he just basically beaten to death? I mean, I know Doomsday and he both died - I thought it was just a beating, like a basic, drag out death, with each just pounding the other to death?

If that is the case, then I can see where Cap might be able to take him, just with a relentless attack.

RUBE
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I like Marvel better but this is not a fair fight. In fact, the only fight that I see being fair (without Kryptonite) involving Superman and another superhero would be him and Dr. Manhattan. (Don't go back to that Batman crap.) Superman could just pick up Captain America and throw him to the moon or something.

turtlex
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Throw him to the moon?!?

Wow, is Supe really that strong?!

I thought perhaps grab Cap up and fly into the atmosphere with him... then again, at one time, wasn't Supes ability to go out of the atmosphere limited by his own body... like he could only travel into outer space for as long as he could hold his breath?!

I'm a Marvel-Fan-Girl so I've had to do a lot of reading up on Supe's abilities.

Odetta
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
As much as I wish they would both... just... die...

I picked Superman

flaggwalkstheline
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
If I'm not mistaken - when Superman was killed in his own storyline... wasn't he just basically beaten to death? I mean, I know Doomsday and he both died - I thought it was just a beating, like a basic, drag out death, with each just pounding the other to death?

If that is the case, then I can see where Cap might be able to take him, just with a relentless attack.

yeah but comparing cap to doomsday is like saying richard simmons is about as strong as Muhammad Ali circa 1966

Doomsday is Capital B Capital A Capital D= BAD
and just because doomday beat superman to death doesnt mean any old super soldier can

Superman versus hulk would be a much more fair fight than captain america

mystima
02-16-2009, 07:04 PM
sorry but superman would win....

that is all

Sam
02-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Cap is much smarter than Doomsday and Hulk. His capability as a strategist is unparalleled in the Marvel Universe and equal to Batman. That alone gives him an advantage over Supes. Supes may be smart, but he has never been shown to be the smartest guy in the room. He is sometimes even a little slow on the uptake. Cap could plan circles around him and have at him like Batman did. Also, you've got to remember that Cap IS stronger than a human being, so he's on a better level than Batman ever was. One good hit with a kryptonite glove and Supes is O-U-T.

Gris
02-17-2009, 06:14 AM
IT seems funny to me that the concensus is that if caps gets a specific thing and sets it up in a specific way and gets really lucky he can kill superman maybe.

But it never gets mentioned that superman can sit on the top of a building and wait for cappy to walk by and just heat-ray a hole through the center of his melon. Or feeze-breath him to the ground, then melt his head. OR, if we follow the movie mythos, just spin the world backwards to 1920whatever when cappy was an infant and melt his head in the crib.

Melike
02-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Superman would win, although I don't really care for either.

What I was thinking, word by word.

Sam
02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
IT seems funny to me that the concensus is that if caps gets a specific thing and sets it up in a specific way and gets really lucky he can kill superman maybe.

But it never gets mentioned that superman can sit on the top of a building and wait for cappy to walk by and just heat-ray a hole through the center of his melon. Or feeze-breath him to the ground, then melt his head. OR, if we follow the movie mythos, just spin the world backwards to 1920whatever when cappy was an infant and melt his head in the crib.

I tired of people saying that Superman could just zap him with his heat vision. That can be applied to ANY and EVERY battle with any Marvel character and Superman and almost all of the DC characters except those created to be Superman's equal when he got too powerful.

The point is you have to take in the characteristics of the characters fighting. Facts are that Superman simply wouldn't melt Cap with his heat vision, or go back in time and zap him as a kid, or use his super strength to punch a hole in Caps head. No more than Cap would get some Kryptonite and shoot Supes in the head while he was weak. It's not in their character.

Supes goes for a straight fight, so does Cap. Captain America/Steve Rogers is a brilliant strategist and has access to lots of information and technology through SHIELD and Tony Stark (pre Civil War though). Superman has The Daily Planet and Lois Lane, but he's no more of a strategist than any other good fighter. Supes doesn't fight dirty, neither does Cap. Supes isn't going to do anything to try to kill Cap, and Cap wouldn't try to kill Supes. They would both fight to the subdue the other. Supes would try to muscle Cap into submission while Cap would use the terrain and area to his advantage to prevent Supes from using his powers as effectively. Without some sort of help to depower Supes or empower himself, Cap loses simply because he's not strong enough to subdue Supes without help. If he has that little bit of help though, I believe Cap would win hands down.

flaggwalkstheline
02-17-2009, 08:53 PM

I tired of people saying that Superman could just zap him with his heat vision. That can be applied to ANY and EVERY battle with any Marvel character and Superman and almost all of the DC characters except those created to be Superman's equal when he got too powerful.

The point is you have to take in the characteristics of the characters fighting. Facts are that Superman simply wouldn't melt Cap with his heat vision, or go back in time and zap him as a kid, or use his super strength to punch a hole in Caps head. No more than Cap would get some Kryptonite and shoot Supes in the head while he was weak. It's not in their character.

Supes goes for a straight fight, so does Cap. Captain America/Steve Rogers is a brilliant strategist and has access to lots of information and technology through SHIELD and Tony Stark (pre Civil War though). Superman has The Daily Planet and Lois Lane, but he's no more of a strategist than any other good fighter. Supes doesn't fight dirty, neither does Cap. Supes isn't going to do anything to try to kill Cap, and Cap wouldn't try to kill Supes. They would both fight to the subdue the other. Supes would try to muscle Cap into submission while Cap would use the terrain and area to his advantage to prevent Supes from using his powers as effectively. Without some sort of help to depower Supes or empower himself, Cap loses simply because he's not strong enough to subdue Supes without help. If he has that little bit of help though, I believe Cap would win hands down.

Yeah but If we were talking about the new captain america (IE the winter soldier AKA Bucky Barnes) then its a completely different ballgame as he kills his opponents and would see no problems with forcefeeding Clark a kryptonite sandwich

Sam
02-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Very true, but I think everyone here knows we are discussing Steve Rogers even though no distinction has been made. Afterall, there have been other Captain Americas before.

Gris
02-18-2009, 06:07 AM

So how would Cap ever win? He doesn't have a weapon strong enough to kill Superman without devastating an entire city in the process (thinking about a nuke here), which he won't do.

So what? He strategizes a way to run away instead of fighting?

Short answer is that unless he has Kryptonite, he can't do shit to Superman. And my 9-month-old son could Kick superman's ass with his Kryptonite pacifier.

EdwardDean1999
02-18-2009, 06:36 AM
One good hit with a kryptonite glove and Supes is O-U-T.

*cheers*

That would be great. If they fight in the DC Universe where Kryptonite actually exists maybe Cap would win.

As far as Bucky is concerned... no. http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/imjscn/Skype%20Animated/emoticon-0119-puke.gifBucky would never, ever win. I think we should leave sidekicks out of these brawls altogether. Especially those who http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/imjscn/Skype%20Animated/emoticon-0119-puke.gifgallivant around in their former master's clothing defiling his very name and dragging his honored memory through the outhouse pit.http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/imjscn/Skype%20Animated/emoticon-0119-puke.gif
I am a Bucky-hater. He's an expert marksman going up against the guy who's "faster than a speeding bullet"? That does not compute.

Sam
02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
So how would Cap ever win? He doesn't have a weapon strong enough to kill Superman without devastating an entire city in the process (thinking about a nuke here), which he won't do.

So what? He strategizes a way to run away instead of fighting?

Short answer is that unless he has Kryptonite, he can't do shit to Superman. And my 9-month-old son could Kick superman's ass with his Kryptonite pacifier.
How could Cap win? In the DC universe, he gets his hands on some Kryptonite and borrows your 9-month-old.:P In the Marvel universe he gets Thor's hammer and simply pounds the hell out of him. That's all that's needed.

As for the strategy, well, that's what Cap uses to get Supes into a position to use those weapons.

Matt
02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
No one can pick up Thor's hammer except Thor. :lol:

And even though I'm a HUGE marvel fan boy, this one is no contest. Supes is so out of Caps league, it's like an AV nerd trying to take the captain of the cheer leading squad to the prom...and getting laid.

turtlex
02-18-2009, 11:54 AM
yeah but comparing cap to doomsday is like saying richard simmons is about as strong as Muhammad Ali circa 1966

Best.Comic.Analogy.Ever!

I have to agree that we're talking about Steve Rogers... and Sam has excellent points here.

Of course, try not to be surprised, but this MarvelFanGirl has picked Cap !!!

Sam
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Uh, Matt, Cap HAS picked up Thor's hammer before. He was The Captain then and John Walker was Captain America. It was during the Armor Wars with Tony Stark, and Cap proved to thor that he was a far better man than Stark when he lifted the hammer during a battle. Only those deemed worthy may wield Thor's hammer.

Matt
02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Ah!

I stand corrected.

I'm actually out of my depth here, wasn't ever much of a fan.

Gris
02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Given Cap could still lift the hammer if he was intending to use it in a fight against another "Hero", not a villain, I still give it to Superman. Thor's Hammer doesn't stop you from getting dead when a 100 ton boulder gets dropped on you.

a fan
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
superman wins no question

flaggwalkstheline
02-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Tell that to ultimate Magneto

Matt
02-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Sounds like I'm out of loop :lol:

flaggwalkstheline
02-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like I'm out of loop :lol:

Magneto (in the ultimate universe) is currently wreaking havok with the hammer he stole from thor (see Ultimatum)

Matt
02-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I saw an ad for that, looked really cool.

Sam
02-18-2009, 04:41 PM
And Cap could just borrow some Kryptonite from Lex Luther before Supes ever knew he was coming, make a Kryptonite bullet, and shoot Supes in the head. Supes is dead, Cap wins.

Sam
02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
OR Cap could kidnap Lois or Ma Kent and hold a gun to their head and make Supes put on a Kryptonite necklace THEN shoot him in the head. Sounds good to me.

But like I said earlier, NEITHER ONE FIGHTS THAT WAY. Jeez, follow the character in the freaking fight Gris. Would Superman blast someone with his heat vision as they walked by? Or go back in time to kill a baby? Or anything else you've suggested?

"Thor's Hammer doesn't stop you from getting dead when a 100 ton boulder gets dropped on you."
Actually it does because it could shatter the boulder before it hit you. Thor's hammer is a MAGICAL weapon. Superman is vulnerable to MAGIC, hence the reason to use the weapon. Magical weapons can draw blood and even kill him. Take a look at Kingdom Come if you don't believe it.

flaggwalkstheline
02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
OR Cap could kidnap Lois or Ma Kent and hold a gun to their head and make Supes put on a Kryptonite necklace THEN shoot him in the head. Sounds good to me.

Bucky would go there:P

Sam
02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I think he would too.

Merlin1958
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Superman hands Down. The only guy to ever defeat Supe was Doomsday and we all know how that turned out!!! lol lol

And you're right Supe is no dummy either. He is certainly at least on a par with Cap and Batman is his best friend LOL LOL :borg::borg:

Arthur Heath
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I do dig the Alex Ross pics.

Supes, hands down.

Sam
02-18-2009, 09:53 PM
This is a good pic too.
http://www.silverfeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/superman.jpg

turtlex
02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Sam - I agree. I love that pic. When I found it - it actually made me kind of sad... like it should have been titled "Superheroes in their Golden Years" or something.

Sam
02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
For those who can afford it, Alex Ross is selling some of his work ranging from prints, to original paintings. Be warned though, the originals are four and five figures depending on the work.

Brice
02-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Actually -

Obviously, they can both be killed :

Death of Superman
http://sirjorge.com/blogx/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/death_of_superman.jpg

Death of Captain America
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/416512401_33d3261533.jpg

:o They're both dead? Now it's Zombie Superman against Zombie Captain America!!!!!
:panic::panic::panic:

Sam
02-20-2009, 10:58 AM
That's Zombie Colonel America.:P

Matt
02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
http://freakcomics.com/images2/2007/07/marvel_zombies_2_1.jpg

Patrick
02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
:wtf:

Supe.

turtlex
02-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Gosh... I think this might be an official runaway win for Superman!

( drat ! )

Sam
02-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Of course it is.
Superman could beat everyone. I mean, he'll just go back in time to when they were babies and zap them with his heat vision until their tiny little baby heads melt.:(

Of course, the real comic fans understand that Cap has a very good chance of winning this match-up.

Ruthful
02-22-2009, 08:02 PM
This argument, re: who would win in a fight, Superman-or alternatively, Superman-against generic, non-superpowered, humanoid superhero, always puzzled me.

Yeah, I suppose that if given enough time one of those guys would be able to devise a devilishly brilliant plan to ensnare Superman or The Hulk, but I've got news for you. By the time that plan had made it to the blueprint stage generic, extremely wily and intelligent superhero would be dead after The Hulk or Superman crushed his/her skull.

Now, if you had a preternaturally strong AND extremely intelligent superhero, a la The Thing, then that's a different story. But to think that Batman or Capt. America or any of these other losers is going to defeat someone who comes from a planet populated by a superhuman race, i.e. a race SUPERIOR to human beings, is absurd.

Sam
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Sorry to say, but Batman has already beaten Superman. Several times I think.

Ruthful
02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry to say, but Batman has already beaten Superman. Several times I think.

In the fantasy world of convoluted DC Comics plot-lines.

In real life, Superman would totally kick the shit out of Batman.

Sam
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Nah, in real life, Superman would have been left out in the field to starve by Johnathan and Martha Kent, the government MIGHT have picked him up, and they would have killed him as a little baby abd dissected his ass. Soooooo, lets keep it in the comics where Batman totally OWNED Superman's ass and Steve Rogers has a much better than 0% (more like about 50%) chance of whipping Supes too.

fernandito
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
:rofl:

Matt
02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Batman has beat Supes just the once and it just about killed him. Even in the fun comic world. :lol:

Sam
02-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I know about Frank Miller's story, but I thought there was another one. Maybe that was in an Elseworlds story. I don't have my old comics anymore since I had to sell them about a year ago.

It didn't even come close to killing him though. He planned it and made the outcome look that way so people would think Batman was dead.

flaggwalkstheline
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I know about Frank Miller's story, but I thought there was another one. Maybe that was in an Elseworlds story. I don't have my old comics anymore since I had to sell them about a year ago.

It didn't even come close to killing him though. He planned it and made the outcome look that way so people would think Batman was dead.

batman beat the snot out of superman when superman was under poison ivys mind control in the Begining of the storyline Hush, i think it was published in like 2002

Matt
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
That is correct, he took a pill that made him have something that looked like a heart attack...but the battle was brutal for Batman.

However, I'm for giving him credit for beating Supes.

flaggwalkstheline
02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
apparently the much more contested "Batman versus Wolverine" thread (where batman beating superman was discussed) has risen from the dead threads graveyard and is haunting us lol

turtlex
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Long live WOLVERINE !!!

:panic:

Sam
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry Pam, but Batman could so totally take Wolverine. Kinda like Frank did in "The Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe". Wolverine isn't calculating enough to outwit Batman.

RUBE
02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
HELLO! This is the Superman versus Captain America poll. Wolverine versus Batman was already decided. I think we need a new poll with some new combatants so we will not revisit old territory. I like the Marvel women vs DC women idea.

flaggwalkstheline
02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Talia Al-ghul Versus Silver Sable:idea:!

Sam
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Wonder Woman vs Sue Richards

cozener
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
This is a good pic too.
http://www.silverfeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/superman.jpg Really? Looks like a potential scene from a superhero Brokeback Mountain to me...

Well...anyway...

For my part, I always thought that Superman pretty much owned everyone. Sure, you have episodes where a mortal "defeats" him like with Batman but if we're talking toe to toe throw-down here...its Superman against all comers. The reason that I think this is that Superman was pretty much the first real comic book superhero. There were heroes that came before him but Superman is the archetype, the mold, for all of the superheroes that came after...with the outfit, powers, the secret identity, etc. Superman is primal in every way from his name to the colors of his clothes. Because of all this I always thought that all comic book publishers pretty much ceded the number one spot to Superman out of respect.

I'm not a fan of Superman though. I prefer superheroes without superpowers like Batman and the Punisher. Its a little to easy to be a hero when you're bullet proof, y'know?

EdwardDean1999
02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
In the fantasy world of convoluted DC Comics plot-lines.

In real life, Superman would totally kick the shit out of Batman.

:rofl: Yes. And on the topic of convoluted DC plot-lines I suppose a battle between cap and supes would be the perfect opportunity for a new Superman power (because he has acquired so many over the years).

My prediction: Superman never realized because it doesn't exist in the DC Universe, but Vibranium is actually an anti-kryptonite which negates the effects of kryptonite upon superman. Cap has not accounted for this so he goes to deliver the final blow to supes with his Vibranium shield and it ricochets off of Superman hitting dear old Steve in the face and knocking him unconscious.

Don't tell me that the Dreaded Competition wouldn't go there. They have stretched the meaning of Superman's powers for years. He seems to have an unofficial super power of magically acquiring new super powers whenever they are needed.

I hate to side with the "Supes wins" camp here. But the question is who would win. Now if it was, "Who doesn't suck" then I'd say Captain America.

Sam
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I LOVE your idea of Vibranium being an anti-kryptonite. That's really a great comic book styled idea and sounds like something they would really do. Well done dude.

turtlex
02-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Get yer votes in!

We'll be closing this battle on Saturday and putting up a new one!!

turtlex
02-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Looks like a runaway for Mr.Kent - One more day of votes... you Captain America fans better hurry up if you want to be counted.

I will post the new battle on Saturday.

turtlex
02-28-2009, 06:30 AM
It was a great battle and we have a winner!!!

Superman has won this battle.

http://geekoutonline.com/wp-content/uploads/superman_1.jpg

A new battle will be posted soon.