PDA

View Full Version : Book Connections!!

Matt
08-18-2007, 07:41 AM
My next big project is doing a comprehensive look at Stephen Kings body of work and how they connect to the Dark Tower (as we all know many of them do)

I think being able to cross reference this information effectively on a site like ours is really important and a new modification we added to the site is going to work perfectly for it. :thumbsup:

We have so many "informational" projects happening here, from the wiki to the amazing catalog that Aaron and the collectors are putting together...we are poised to really corner the market on a wide variety of interesting SK avenues.

So, in an effort to continue that tradition I would really appreciate any connections to the Dark Tower series to be written in this thread with a source. I will use the information to graphically cross reference all the information. You guys are going to love how it turns out :rock:

Darkthoughts
08-18-2007, 11:53 AM
I have a possible link...its not one of the well discussed ones, but its something I've noticed in a few SK books...how he seems to favour particular names. Theres also often a tenuous link involved - ie, the example I'm thinking of is Ben Mears' girlfriend in 'Salem's Lot being called Susan. Like Roland's Susan, she also is killed/sacrificed to antagonise the "hero".

Are you including anything this obscure? :D

Matt
08-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Sure, if its verified. Would you mind throwing out a book source Lisa?

I'm also putting in all the well known of course. Like the blatant connection between the tower books and Salem's lot. It just takes some research to type it up right

Darkthoughts
08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Sure...I'll dig out Lot/Wag tomorrow(because I'm out for a birthday bash in a minute) and post relevant quotes to highlight my theory...if thats what you mean?