PDA

View Full Version : Most Frightening Published Work - Semi-Final

Aaron
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Due to the large amount of nominations, we must do this semi-final polling to determine which stories in this category will actually be in the running for the final voting. There are only ten slots available on the ballot (board restrictions) and we have twelve stories in this category that met the minimum requirements. Those stories with more than three nominations will be moving forward automatically.

They are:

IT
The Boogeyman

Of the following stories only seven will advance to final voting, based on the scoring in this poll. Please choose who your top pick is from those listed. This poll will close in one week.

The Mist
'Salem's Lot
Pet Sematary
The Shining
Misery
The Stand
Thinner
Gerald's Game
Desperation

mae
02-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Pet Sematary, no contest. I hope it wins this award, at least, since it didn't get into the Top Ten.

The Lady of Shadows
02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
lest i repeat myself:

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

i had to choose between my favorite stories!

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

:lol:

jayson
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I'd say Desperation, though truth be told I'm really voting for "most suspenseful" as I have never been frightened by a printed work of fiction. If a film or a tv show is shot right I can suspend disbelief enough to periodically be "frightened" but as much as I get into good books, I always know I am reading words on paper and have never once been frightened. So my vote is Desperation because it was creepy and suspenseful, at least more than the others. Non-fiction can scare the crap out of me depending on the subject matter.

ManOfWesternesse
02-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Pet Sematary!

Melike
02-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Pet Sematary!

Absolutely.

Heather19
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
After much debate I finally decided to go with Gerald's Game.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-07-2009, 02:31 AM
Pet Sematary. I think it is the most frightening of all of Kings works. Only one that had me lookin over my shoulder at night.