PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS Battle #1 - Wolverine Vs. Batman ! Please Vote !

turtlex
01-31-2009, 09:27 AM
http://www.chromewaves.net/images/interface/20061020batmanVsWolverine.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comic-Geeks, Fanboys and Girls - Let’s Get Ready To Rumble !!!!

The first VERSUS battle is now open : Please place your votes and make your claims!

This thread will be open for approximately two weeks of comments, grandstanding, and claims of the invincible!

Pick your winner and let us know why you did !

Wolverine VERSUS Batman

Wolverine :
Due to his extensive training as a soldier, a C.I.A. operative, a samurai, a spy, and a member of the X-Men, Wolverine is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant, having mastered virtually every fighting style on Earth. He is also a trained expert in multiple types of weapons, vehicles, computer systems, explosives, and assassination techniques. Wolverine’s entire skeletal structure, including his claws, has been artificially bonded to the nearly indestructible metal Adamantium. As a result, Wolverine’s bones are virtually unbreakable, and his claws are capable of cutting through almost any substance depending on its thickness and the amount of force he can exert. Due to his healing factor, the presence of Adamantium in his body does not interfere with his bones’ normal function of generating blood corpuscles. The reinforcement of his skeleton enables Wolverine to withstand high levels of physical pressure, giving his muscles sufficient force to briefly lift/press several hundred pounds. Despite the extent of his healing factor, Wolverine is not immortal. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form, such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid, Wolverine can die.

Batman :
Batman is a human being who does not possess any superhuman abilities. However, he has elevated himself to near-superhuman status through years of rigorous training. Physically he is at the peak of human ability in dozens of areas, most notably martial arts, acrobatics, bodybuilding, and escape artistry. Intellectually he is just as peerless, being at once one of the world's greatest scientists, criminologists, and tacticians, as well as a master of disguise. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply "out-fighting" them. Batman's skills come from his intense training throughout his life. He possessed a high (but still human) level of strength, agility, and speed. He augmented his skills with an arsenal of specialized tools and weaponry made available by his wealth and scientific acumen. Prominent among these are his specialized automobile, the Batmobile; and his utility belt, which contains specialized chemical pellets, grappling hooks with retractable lines, and the Batarang (a specialized boomerang of his own design).

razz
01-31-2009, 09:29 AM
dadaaaa:Batman!

Brainslinger
01-31-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd say Batman could beat Wolverine his genius level intelligence and stealth being the deciding factor. That's a great picture by the way. Where is it from? I remember a DC Vs Marvel comic series a few years back. I didn't buy them but I did flick in the shop (naughty me.) Did they fight then? (I seem to remember batman fighting Captain America, but I'm not sure of that.)

turtlex
01-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Here's my take on this - I voted Wolverine, and here's why.

Wolverine has healing ability, so no matter what Batman might hit him with ( batarang, etc ), he could likely heal.

In order for Batman to hurt Logan beyond his healing ability, he'd have to ... get him perhaps high up and drop him... so that his ( Wolverine's ) internal parts would be mangled and un-healable.

Now, I know Batman is smart - and granted, much smarter than Logan - but could he really find a way to disable Logan's claws?!? Without he himself getting close to Logan?

I can't see that happening. I think Wolverine would just kill Batman, as soon as he could get close enough to him.

ETA : Brainslinger and I posted at the same time, so here is my response to his post :

Brainslinger - I like the stealth angle to Batman, and that is an advantage... but eventaully, would he not have to actually engage in the battle? And then, what? He'd punch Logan? He'd have to disable him, before Logan even realized he was in a battle. Could Batman do that?

razz
01-31-2009, 10:12 AM
i think batman could easily out think wolverine.
remember that batman runs rooftops, so if the battle is on his turf, he wouldn't have much trouble knocking wolverine off the side of a building.

turtlex
01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
He'd have to get Wolverine up on a roof, then?

Wolverine isn't the smartest guy, but he's not the stupidest either.

Brainslinger
01-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Good points turtlex. To be honest I think it could go either way depending on circumstances. I.e, what turf are they fighting on? Would each combatant be aware of the others abilities before the fight (A major factor in deciding tactics, etc.)?

In a one on one slugging match I think Wolverine might win (I think he has superhuman strength too doesn't he?) but I think Batman would still have the edge with intelligence and stealth as I said. Batman could hit hard and fast and vanish into the shadows before striking again.

Brainslinger - I like the stealth angle to Batman, and that is an advantage... but eventaully, would he not have to actually engage in the battle? And then, what? He'd punch Logan? He'd have to disable him, before Logan even realized he was in a battle. Could Batman do that?

Logan can be rendered unconscious though can't he? If he were hit hard in the head for example. He'd recover quicker than most due to his strength and healing factor but plenty could be done to him in the meantime.

Of course the personality of the characters also comes into play. Wolverine is quite willing to kill his opponents often or not. Batman won't if he can help it. That could give Logan an edge sure, but then Batman is used to opponents trying to kill him.

Also, would it be a battle to the death? If Batman swung out of the shadows kicking Logan in the head or lobbed a stun gas capsule at him rendering him unconscious, and then tied him up (normal ropes likely wouldn't work granted) would that constitute a win?

flaggwalkstheline
01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Good points turtlex. To be honest I think it could go either way depending on circumstances. I.e, what turf are they fighting on? Would each combatant be aware of the others abilities before the fight (A major factor in deciding tactics, etc.)?

In a one on one slugging match I think Wolverine might win (I think he has superhuman strength too doesn't he?) but I think Batman would still have the edge with intelligence and stealth as I said. Batman could hit hard and fast and vanish into the shadows before striking again.

Logan can be rendered unconscious though can't he? If he were hit hard in the head for example. He'd recover quicker than most due to his strength and healing factor but plenty could be done to him in the meantime.

Of course the personality of the characters also comes into play. Wolverine is quite willing to kill his opponents often or not. Batman won't if he can help it. That could give Logan an edge sure, but then Batman is used to opponents trying to kill him.

Also, would it be a battle to the death? If Batman swung out of the shadows kicking Logan in the head or lobbed a stun gas capsule at him rendering him unconscious, and then tied him up (normal ropes likely wouldn't work granted) would that constitute a win?

in final crisis, batman died (gonna come back due to multiverse shennigans though)after killing darkseid with the god-bullet, it was sweet

The Lady of Shadows
01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/smilies/peep.gif

i'm sorry. is this for real? are you fucking kidding me?

wolverine would totally and completely kick batman's ass. no fucking question. and i'm talking graphic novel wolverine or movie wolverine.

that is all.

fernandito
01-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Batman.

If he can defeat Superman, he can damn well defeat Wolverine.

razz
01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
dude. anybody with a green rock can beat superman.

also:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1884973

flaggwalkstheline
01-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Batman from the red rain storys, that is the vampire/demonic batman, would kick logans metal ass all over the multiverse:P

turtlex
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
A couple of things.

First, we would have to assume that both knew the fight was taking place. So, you'd have to sort of figure out that Batman couldn't lure Wolvie up on a roof under false pretenses ( a trail of scooby snacks maybe? ).

For sure I believe that Wolverine can be knocked unconscious ( at least I think so ) but how would Batman get close enough to do that? Without getting within reach of those claws.... actually, now that I'm thinking about it.... Wolverine has Adamantium all over, so maybe you couldn't knock him out. I'm gonna have to research that a little.

Batman has stealth and intelligence... but given that they would be aware of the battle, the stealth really doesn't come into play. The smarts - for sure. That's would be his only advantage, but I still come back to the fact that Batman has to get close to Wolverine in order to harm him.

I was thinking a head to head battle until the end. I guess that assumes ultimate and final - so I guess to the death.

Also, no calling in your back-up squad. No JLA or X-Men. This is a heads-up battle of individuals ( Though - it might be interesting to do a Team battle sometime ).

So, besides that ever present grappling hook... what other kinds of goodies does Batman have on that handy utility belt? I mean, when I think Batman... I think smart, charming millionaire with a fun waist bandolier.

And, I think Wolverine would kick his ... bandolier. He is very mobile and agile ( and other rhyming words ). Plus, he's got that killer instinct and is nearly indestructible!

razz ... green rock... :clap:

flag - I wasn't thinking demonic Batman, but good-guy Batman. Like Dark Knight or classic.

razz
01-31-2009, 04:50 PM
all you need to beat wolverine is a very big magnet.

turtlex
01-31-2009, 04:52 PM
And Batman has one of those handy during a fight?

razz
01-31-2009, 05:21 PM
doesn't everybody?
:unsure:

turtlex
01-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Well... I know that personally, I do not ( I mean, if I had a utility belt )....

Also.... is Adamantium something that is attracted, or whatever the word is, to a magnet... Maybe it's like aluminum.

flaggwalkstheline
01-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Well... I know that personally, I do not ( I mean, if I had a utility belt )....

Also.... is Adamantium something that is attracted, or whatever the word is, to a magnet... Maybe it's like aluminum.

given that magneto ripped off logans skeleton with his powers (he got it back when he volunteered for horsemanship under apocalypse) I would say it is most certainly affected my magnetism

turtlex
01-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Weeeeeelllll yeah... there was that !

And excellent point. :thumbsup:

However, could Batman have a powerful enough magnet in that fancy utility belt? I think not.

flaggwalkstheline
01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Weeeeeelllll yeah... there was that !

And excellent point. :thumbsup:

However, could Batman have a powerful enough magnet in that fancy utility belt? I think not.

he keeps everything in there: rubber duckys, kryptonite, his trucker buddy (the batsuit doesnt have a zipper), his bong, his Tivo remote, blackberry, paperclips, shrunken heads, weapons grade plutonium, a kung fu fighting midget, his yacht, condoms, dvd copy of the starwars christmas special hidden from arch enemy george lucas, the ark of covenant that made the nazis in indiana jones eyes' pop out, jimmy hoffas corpse, massive supply of dynamite and anvils (wiley coyote had a very similar utility belt), etc etc
you know that drawer that everyone has where all their usefull junk like tape and pens and birth certificates n stuff gets crammed?, well its like that, except hes a billionare and a paranoid genius so yeah...

Brainslinger
01-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Batman has stealth and intelligence... but given that they would be aware of the battle, the stealth really doesn't come into play. The smarts - for sure. That's would be his only advantage, but I still come back to the fact that Batman has to get close to Wolverine in order to harm him.

In terms of setting up an initial ambush yes you're right. I think stealth is still something that could be utilized though. Often batman can vanish from sight into the shadows, lead enemies on a chase, and come at them from another angle. I think he should be allowed to do this as it is a key skill of Batman.

Sorry, that comes across like I'm arguing. Actually head to head I think Batman would still be in with a fair chance. He couldn't rely on straight brawn but I believe he has got a good knowledge of nerve clusters, etc. (I.e. Areas of the body that can cause pain, spasms, temporary paralysis is what I mean.) True, I think Wolverine has that too, but he'd probably overestimate in the early days and come in with those big ol' claws.

I was thinking a head to head battle until the end. I guess that assumes ultimate and final - so I guess to the death.

That would give Wolverine a major advantage I guess. (I don't think Batman would kill him, even if he could. Trouble is that goes for most superheroes.) I suppose if we imagine a super powerful entity (a telepath maybe- an anti Mr X) has screened off their moral centres leaving everything else intact...

So, besides that ever present grappling hook... what other kinds of goodies does Batman have on that handy utility belt?

I think he has different things at different times. He has batarangs he can throw. (Kinda like sharp boomerangs, but bat shaped.) I mentioned stun grenades earlier (I'm not sure if he uses them frequently. Still, if he has been warned of the battle so he would likely prepare accordingly. I think he's been known to use dart guns on occasion too...)

I think he uses smoke bombs from time to time. That would be an advantage with Wolverine, allowing him to keep his distance and use hit and run tactics. The smoke might mask his scent too, although I think Wolverine's nose would still manage it... but it'd help...

Not so easy...

Wolverine has Adamantium all over, so maybe you couldn't knock him out.
His skull wouldn't crack and there'd be no lasting damage but the shock factor to the brain would stun him. Much like in the old days, if a knight in full armour was hit with a large sword, likely the sword wouldn't cut him due to the protection, but he could still be damaged due to the force of the blow.

Anyhow. The rules have evened things up somewhat. I've already voted, so I'll stick to Batman. I think he has still got a big chance, also taking into account what I said concerning Wolverine vs Elektra in another thread. (Mind you Elektra would probably beat Batman too.)

turtlex
01-31-2009, 06:12 PM
flagg - you crack me up... especially the Star Wars Christmas Special ! Um, supposing he had a powerful magnet in there with all the other stuff.... would it be powerful enough to disable Logan?! I mean, it's a utility belt, so it would have to be a small sized magnet.

Brainslinger - Um, friend, we're supposed to be arguing! Though, I don't see that we are, we're just talking about and through our points. That's the whole gist of this thread - so keep it coming!

You make an excellent point about using stealth. I was thinking specifically about the initial attack and not so much the attack and retreat into the shadows to attack again aspect. For sure that should be considered.

I think we kind of have to assume that both would fight to the death - regardless of if it is an actual ( eventual ) character trait. I agree that Batman has more humanity than Logan. Wolverine tends to be more animal, more anger driven, and that can be both good and bad.

However, I think it is that animal instict that will also make it more likely that Wolverine would win. He gets all primal and raw and just rips hell out of people.

Ah, that utility belt and different items - this is an advantage, because if they know they are going to be fighting, which we've already established, then that would allow Batman to bring specific items to fight with... where as Logan only has what he has.

Personally, I think the whole key to this battle is that in order for any real damage to be done - there has to be proximity. Batman has to get close to Wolverine... and if he did, Wolverine would dice him.

Brainslinger
01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Ok... Batman lobs a few stun grenades at him rendering him unconscious, then slices is jugular with a baterang. It would heal quickly so he'd have to keep slicing.

He'd have to dope him constantly too while this is going on as Logan's healing factor would allow him to dope with the gas. Of course sooner or later he'd develop an immunity to it altogether...

So the race is on between the amount of blood in his body and his immune system.

Of course batman could just dart im through the eyeball into the brain. (I don't think that would heal would it?)

That's such an awful image, I'm worried where my mind is going...

It was meant partly toungue in cheek really. I think the character should come into play to some extent... i.e. it's a fight to the death, but not as cold blooded as I just described. (And Logan likely wouldn't go down quite that easily anyway.)

The Lady of Shadows
01-31-2009, 07:09 PM
well i think we can discount feev from this argument now. somebody had to go and bring up paperclips in batman's utility belt didn't they? :nope:

mystima
01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
well in order for batman to beat wolverine with a magnet it would have to be pretty big....(turn one of those anvils into one lol) and have it be an electromagnet using his utility belt and that would render him useless...but i have to say that batman would have to lure wolverine into said magnet and i don't think he would be that stupid as to just go up to it and just let it happen.

Brice
01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Can adamantium cut through adamantium?

Patrick
02-01-2009, 01:04 AM
I don't see how this guy adds any value at all for Wolverine.

http://fromthebooksofexlibris.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/adamant1981.jpg

I'm voting for Batman.

Patrick
02-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh, wait. You mean this stuff.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/tech/adamantium.jpg

My bad.

Brice
02-01-2009, 01:15 AM
:lol:

So would Captain America's sword cut through Wolverine's claws/bones then? Will true adamantium cut through true adamantium? If so (and Batman could render Wolverine unconscious) could he use Wolverine's claw on himself?

The Lady of Shadows
02-01-2009, 01:27 AM
but if wolverine were unconscious, wouldn't his claws retract? then wouldn't batman have to cut them out? i really don't see him doing that. . . :unsure:

Brice
02-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Would they retract? I don't know. I don't read many comics. If it's to the death I can't see cutting them out being a problem though.

turtlex
02-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I believe if Wolverine goes unconscious, then his claws do retract... however, I'll see if I can find that out for certain.

I think we do have to assume, if given the chance for a kill - Batman would take it.

Patrick - I've been singing Antmusic since I started this thread!

ETA : I found this listed as Wolverine's only weakness : "Wolverine has no known weaknesses, but frequently suffers minor psychological trauma as the women in his life die frequently."

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh.

Adamantium does NOT cut Adamantium : "the claws are capable of cutting any solid material, with the known exception of Adamantium itself and the material of Captain America's shield."

flaggwalkstheline
02-01-2009, 09:56 AM
well if we're dealing with a shared universe here then batman could just do what he does to superman with kryptonite, IE bring the leech formula and maybe some lowgrade MGH for himself, adios mutie!

Matt
02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Wolverine has been alive for a long time. He is basically Bruce Wayne without the money, but with claws and unbreakable bones and a healing factor.

Wolverine has been reduced by half and came back.

He can be knocked unconscious but not for long, healing factor also takes care of that. Wolverine also has heightened senses and has forgotten more about fighting than Bruce Wayne could even know.

Don't get me wrong, I love Batman, but this is no contest.

And also, Wolverine destroyed Spiderman when they fought. :D

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/Logan32154/Wolverine.jpg

turtlex
02-01-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree with Matt's points completely.

I also found a reference where it would take someone with Hulk's strength to knock Logan unconscious. Now, Batman has strenght, but it's human strength so knocking Wolverine unconscious would not happen with a smack!

Wolvie would just :snikt: and it's all over charming rich guy.

flaggwalkstheline
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah but batman is always prepared, and being prepared would consist of having the items I mentioned, the leech would temporarily remove the healing factor and the mgh would give bats powers and he'd wipe the floor with him
Captain america and winter soldier have each taken down wolverine before and theyre about physically equal with batman (the supersoldier formula raised them to the peak of human perfection but not into mutant/ metahuman levels) and neither of them is half the strategist batman is

Matt
02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Not sure about winter soldier (have not heard of him before) but Captain America certainly has a chance at Wolverine. His sheild is adamatium and he's been fighting (training) for a long time.

However, he is enhanced where Batman is not.

I will concede that if Batman had time to prepare, he might pull it off. But I would consider even that very unlikely.

flaggwalkstheline
02-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Not sure about winter soldier (have not heard of him before) but Captain America certainly has a chance at Wolverine. His sheild is adamatium and he's been fighting (training) for a long time.

However, he is enhanced where Batman is not.

I will concede that if Batman had time to prepare, he might pull it off. But I would consider even that very unlikely.

The winter soldier is caps' former assistant bucky, having been brainwashed by the ussr and kept in crygenic freezing to slow his aging whenever he wasnt being used to assisinate people, cap found him and unbrainwashed him, after steve rogers died at the end of civil war, bucky barnes took up his mask and shield and is currently the new and way more badass captain america

Matt
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
So there you go :lol:

Bucky is a bad ass to be sure, but I'd like to see the circumstances around him beating Wolverine. Cap, I can believe.

turtlex
02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Captain America has an advantage, as Wolverine's claws cannot cut his shield.

flaggwalkstheline
02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
after world war 2 when cap was in the ice and before wolverine got adamantium grafted on him and lost his memories his had several losing encounters with a brainwashed buck, a long time after when bucky was semi rehabilitated he fought wolverine several times and won each time (just before the house of M in new avengers)

Matt
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Yep, that shield is an amazing thing and he could do great stuff with it.

Sounds like Bucky has it now and that would create a hell of a match up but no matter what...Batman doesn't have it or enhancements. :dance:

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Wolverine's infinite healing would mean he would probably be pretty much indefeatable.

And even as much as I like Batman, Wolverine would win also in the hotness department...

Schnickety...

turtlex
02-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Does Bucky has a shield, like Cap?

Matt
02-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Another thing about Wolverine is his ability to show restraint. He has a feral side that is basically unstoppable.

If this match is to kill and Wolverine was able to unleash that side, none of these people could beat him. The Hulk had a very hard time when he pushed Wolvie over the edge.

EDIT: According to Flagg, he has Cap's actual shield now.

turtlex
02-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, well, Wolverine can't cut through the shield... but there are other things, the healing power, the strength.... he would have to find a way to get past the shield though.

flaggwalkstheline
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Yep, that shield is an amazing thing and he could do great stuff with it.

Sounds like Bucky has it now and that would create a hell of a match up but no matter what...Batman doesn't have it or enhancements. :dance:

yeah but the rebirth program IE the original supersoldier program has been stated to raise steve n buckys bodys to the very peak of human perfection not mutant or superhuman which would also describe batman

Matt
02-01-2009, 12:30 PM
eh...maybe.

I'm not playing around, I think Batman is seriously the cat's ass. But in an all out fight to the death, there is no way he could beat Wolverine. And I don't think Cap or Bucky could either, not if Wolverine went feral.

If he has lost in the past, it's because he was trying not to kill them.

The Lady of Shadows
02-01-2009, 03:28 PM
matt, seriously. i know i've already proposed to odetta (and she said yes) but will you marry me?

:wub:

Seymour_Glass
02-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Batman. He's the baddest motherfucker around. It took the freaking evil god Darkseid to kill him. And even Darkseid didn't get out alive.

Melike
02-02-2009, 04:36 AM

wolverine would totally and completely kick batman's ass. no fucking question. and i'm talking graphic novel wolverine or movie wolverine.

that is all.
:clap:
Yeah, that IS all.

fernandito
02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Batman. He's the baddest motherfucker around. It took the freaking evil god Darkseid to kill him. And even Darkseid didn't get out alive.

No, THAT^ is all.

:)

Matt
02-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Fever!

I figured you of all people would know there are limits to The Batman. :lol:

fernandito
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm a stubborn little bastard , aren't I? :lol:

No but seriously, biased fanboyism aside , the Batman from the comics universe has more than sufficient arguments to take this fight - He defeated Superman, he prepared physically and mentally for the eventuality of a situation where he knew he would lose everything, including his own mind & memory and he overcame it, and as Seymour mentioned, it took an omni-potent god to take him down. The Batman would pwn the furry little rodent :D

Matt
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
OMG--that last bit crossed the line man. :lol:

I think delusions can be helpful in certain situations. Not sure how that applies here, but we'll hope for the best. :couple:

I think The Punisher would have a better chance than Batman, at least he doesn't have a problem with actually killing someone.

fernandito
02-02-2009, 10:08 AM

Just for the record - I'm a huge fan of Wolverine! But... Batman is Batman :D

He's the hero that TheDarkTower.com deserves, but not the one it needs right now :rofl:

Matt
02-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm very high on Batman too--would have his babies if I could. :wub:

flaggwalkstheline
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
No opponent has ever beaten batman with sheer physical force. Not. One.
Wolverine may be stronger but that has never been an issue for the batman
Bane took him out only because he let every single prisoner out of arkam and waited for batman to capture them first so he was weak enough to be taken down, the second time batman fought bane, he trashed him in a matter of seconds with a nerve punch to the spine
As fever put it, not even darkseid gets out alive when dealing with batman, and if darkseid doesnt theres no way wolverine could

Now Roland on the other hand could trash either one of them :)

Matt
02-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow!

I'm just glad Wolverine is still winning, it is as it should be.

And I'm sorry, I love Roland too but no way he could take either one of these guys imo.

turtlex
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
People - Wolverine might not be as smart as Batman... but he's not stupid. He relies on instinct and he's trained as a CIA agent... so he does have some good moves.

Sorry, millionaire boy, he'd take you down!

fernandito
02-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Wolverine needs to win the battle with a shaving blade first, then he can worry about taking on Batman :P

Matt
02-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I would consider Wolverine equally intellectual to Batman.

He's been around 100 years.

fernandito
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
On that we both agree on, Matt.

turtlex
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I can see the next issue :

Wolverine : He's tough... but hairy.

flaggwalkstheline
02-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I would consider Wolverine equally intellectual to Batman.

He's been around 100 years.

he doesnt remember most of it

fernandito
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Round 2:

Wolvering vs The Barber Shop!

Okay, no more cheap shots, I promise :lol:

turtlex
02-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, you know - I'm a huge Wolverine fan, but no way is he as intelligent as Batman.

Batman is known for his advanced intelligence, and though Wolverine has been around for a long time.... I honestly don't think he spent that time, you know, studying.

fernandito
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Intelligence in terms of battle experience, and how to approach an enemy, since he's seen his fair share of them.

Matt
02-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Correct!

We're talking about accumulated battle knowledge, not which wine is best at a party. :lol:

And Wolvie only forgets the bad stuff that happens to him, not how to fight.

turtlex
02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh, yeah, that I agree with - battle experience, fighting, etc.

I meant, you know - general intelligence.

ETA: and just FYI, I bet Logan knows a fine Chablis when he tastes it!

Matt
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure how much "general intelligence" would help in a fight with Wolverine anyway though. :lol:

(and I know you are on the Wolvie side Pam, it's just a fun discussion :couple:)

turtlex
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I am loving this thread.

fernandito
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Excellent idea Pam! :clap:

NOW LET'S WIN BATS, WIN!

Matt
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Looks like the poor guy has real trouble now :evil:

wolverine0712
02-02-2009, 02:05 PM
No one has mentioned this, but Wolvie's enhanced senses would probably negate Batman's stealth. Sure, he may not see him coming and he might possibly not hear him, but he'd definitely smell him.

As far as a battle goes, I would think Wolverine would win round 1 no problem. They haven't faced each other before, so Batman couldn't be prepared for him. With Wolvie's military/samurai training and his beserker rage, it would be tough for Batman to beat him.

The following battles would be a toss up. Batman would have a few tricks up his sleeve along with side kicks and gadets, but Wolvie has experience and formal training on his side.

Also, Wolverine has survived some high falls, so Batman would have to push him out of a plane to possibly kill him, and I don't know if that would even work.

Matt
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Nope, I don't think it would. I've seen him go down in a plane crash with Sabortooth, barely shook him.

Also rode a flaming balloon (ala Hindenburg) in one time.

And what you said about Wolvie's senses is also very true, would smell him coming a mile away.

fernandito
02-02-2009, 04:24 PM
They haven't faced each other before, so Batman couldn't be prepared for him.

No, Wolverine wouldn't be prepared for Batman :P

Matt
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Wolverine is prepared for Batman in the middle of taking a shit...I mean, anytime. :lol:

Melike
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM

that is all.
:clap:
Yeah, that IS all.

No, THAT^ is all.

:)
:nope:

Fever!

I figured you of all people would know there are limits to The Batman. :lol:

I'm a stubborn little bastard , aren't I? :lol:

No but seriously, biased fanboyism aside , the Batman from the comics universe has more than sufficient arguments to take this fight - He defeated Superman, he prepared physically and mentally for the eventuality of a situation where he knew he would lose everything, including his own mind & memory and he overcame it, and as Seymour mentioned, it took an omni-potent god to take him down. The Batman would pwn the furry little rodent :D

OMG--that last bit crossed the line man. :lol:

I think delusions can be helpful in certain situations. Not sure how that applies here, but we'll hope for the best. :couple:

I think The Punisher would have a better chance than Batman, at least he doesn't have a problem with actually killing someone.

:wtf:

Just for the record - I'm a huge fan of Wolverine! But... Batman is Batman :D

He's the hero that TheDarkTower.com deserves, but not the one it needs right now :rofl:

Batman needs money to be Batman. Even Joker deserves to beat him, as an antagonist.

turtlex
02-03-2009, 03:59 AM
wolverine0712 - First off, Welcome to the site! And good point about Logan surviving some tall falls. A very good point. Batman would need to get him pretty high for it to do real damage - also, it would have to be a free-fall kind of deal, cause if Logan could 'slow' himself by using his claws against a wall or building side or something, then he would.

cozener
02-03-2009, 04:31 AM
Batman...easily. And yes, he could sneak up on Wolverine and kill him before the guy even knew what was happening. In fact, I think there's very few other heroes that Batman couldn't take out simply because he could get the drop on them. He would have problems heroes like Superman and the Hulk. These are situations where brains and gadgetry would have to come into play.

That said, you never can tell how any fight is going to go.

turtlex
02-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Okay, I guess I can see how Batman could maybe sneak up on Logan, but how would he kill him? Logan has an Adamantium skeleton and mutant healing abilities, and is super strong.

Matt
02-03-2009, 07:25 AM
I am willing to concede that with enough planing Batman might be able to find a way to beat Wolverine...not likely, but possible.

The the poll isn't about planning and it's to the death as far as I know. So if you had them both in a cage naked, that's curtains for Brucy Boy.

turtlex
02-03-2009, 07:28 AM
In a cage nekkid?

Yeah, I didn't need that imagery. ( please see previous posts regarding hairy Logan )

Matt
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Hmmmm...I figured that would be a nice image for some. :lol:

But you must admit, that is a fight in it's truest form.

cozener
02-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Hmmm...I wasn't aware of Logan's skeleton. Never was a big X-Men buff. However, that does not change my answer. There's plenty of ways to kill someone without snapping any bones. I would even say, considering everything Batman knows, that he would have at least a 50 50 chance if it were toe to toe.

Matt
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
HA!

It's not just the bones, it's senses and speed.

wolverine0712
02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Batman wouldn't just not be able to break his bones, but he also wouldn't be able to cut through them either - unless he had the mystical sword Wolverine used to kill Sabertooth (I can't think of the name of it, but it was from Loeb horrible run around issue 50 of the current series). The one thing that would kill Wolverine is severing his head, but only with that sword.

Rjeso
02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, as I stated in the other thread, Batman is Batman, and Batman is badass...

...However, Mr. Howlett would totally win this one. Superhuman senses, the healing factor, the adamantium factor, etc. put him as my favorite in this fight.

Matt
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
WOOT!!

This woman knows what she's talking about :couple:

Brainslinger
02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
No one has mentioned this, but Wolvie's enhanced senses would probably negate Batman's stealth.

I did! Of course, if Batman knew this he would approach from downwind. (Or is it upwind? I'm not sure which is which but I'm sure you know what I mean.)

Batman would render him unconscious with a stun pelet or head kick, get out the bat-vac and suck his brains out through his eye socket. "Regenerate that one scratchy! Hyuk, hyuk."

(I might have made up the bat-vac.)

turtlex
02-04-2009, 03:51 AM
A head kick is not going to render Wolverine unconscious. Not by a long shot. I'm not sure what might be in the pellet - but that could knock him out. That's the thing with Batman... since we have to assume that these two gentlemen know they are fighting one another, we have to assume that Batman will have some very specific items in that darned utility belt.... of course, one swipe from Wolverine's claws and Brucie-boy might be sans belt... and then what!!!!

fernandito
02-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Well if they know that they're going to face each other, then Bats would make a suit that would factor and ultimately let him counter Wolvie's powers , just like he did with Superman

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/blog/damnyoukozo/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/batman_vs_superman.jpg

BATMAN FOR TEH WIN HOMIES! :dance:

Melike
02-04-2009, 05:59 AM
:nope:

turtlex
02-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Feev - he'd have to make a suit out of Adamantium !!!!!! :panic:

cozener
02-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Well if they know that they're going to face each other, then Bats would make a suit that would factor and ultimately let him counter Wolvie's powers , just like he did with Superman

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/blog/damnyoukozo/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/batman_vs_superman.jpg

BATMAN FOR TEH WIN HOMIES! :dance: I forgot about Batman kicking Superman's ass. Yeah, I think being able to take down the definitive superhero strong man pretty much proves that if he had prep time he could take Wolverine. But in view of what I've learned about Wolverine from this thread I am willing to concede that Batman would be at a disadvantage if they just met each other on the street and started exchanging blows.

Of course, while Wolverine might not be anywhere near the same level as Batman when it comes to brains/knowledge/ingenuity he does have friends that are so he could make preparations himself.

Matt
02-04-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure where people got the idea Wolverine is "not of high intelligence".

As part of his Canadian outfit he learned how to fly jets, computers, communications, weapons and explosives. He strengthened those skills during his time with the x-men and has lived a long and interesting life. I know Batman is smart but I still don't call him that much higher if we are rating on the "brains-knowledge-ingenuity" department.

turtlex
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I guess that part of that probably came from me, Matt - I mean I posted about how much smarter Batman is than Logan.... but only because, well, isn't Batman supposed to have like a genius IQ? And everyone always makes the most of how he's smarter and uses his brains rather than his brawn. Which, I sort of always think Logan does that opposite of. I forgot completely about the flying, etc - and figured "fighting smarts", are different, forgetting all about the extensive training he's had.

Marvel's official site lists his powergrid intelligence at a Level 7 of 7 ( same as Jean Grey ).

Matt
02-04-2009, 10:31 AM
And that is quite HUGE! :lol:

flaggwalkstheline
02-04-2009, 11:59 AM
anyone who has ever read JLA: Tower of Babel know exactly why batman is the scariest dude around, the story centers on Ras al Ghul (who knows his indentity but doesnt care, weird relationship) stealing batmans private files he had compiled on how to take out each every single one of the justice league, except batman who takes him out, realizing how deep his paranoia goes and how dangerous he is, the league kicked him out of their ranks when they realized that in addition to knowing how take ALL (including superman and all the otehr really big hitters) of them down and that the mindwipe they though they had done to hime (indentity crisis) that they weren't sure if he remembered: he did and hadnt let them know he knew so he could fuck with em, all that trouble before he even threw one punch!

Aaron
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
This is all quite simple to me. Batman would need to create a gadget similar to a small harpoon that will expand from a narrow shaft into a number of branching barbed spikes on impact. Kind of like a mace. He would need to be upwind of Logan and would need to shoot this harpoon at an extremely high velocity to overcome Wolverine's speed. His target would be Wolverine's eye. The harpoon would shoot through the eye and into his brain where the barbed spikes would deploy. For all intents and purposes this would kill a normal person. In Logan's case it may give the appearance of death, but he should be able to heal--only his brain wouldnt be able to heal through the spikes. Also, the harpoon/spikes should be made of adamantium so that he wouldnt be able to pull it out in some last fit of consciousness, since the barbs would catch on the adamantium plating covering his skull--even he isnt strong enough to pull adamantium through more adamantium. This would render Logan brain dead at the very least. Then Batman would collect the body and take him back to the batcave. There he would need to surgically remove the adamantium frame from Woverine's skeleton, one part at a time. Once this was done he would restrain the body and--using a radio device--retract the spikes back into the harpoon in Wolverine's brain so that he could pull it out through the eye socket. Once he removes the harpoon Logan's brain would begin to heal and he would regain consciousness. Since he is not dead, Batman has kept to his moral code, and now the restrained Wolverine is no more effective than Claire from Heroes. Batman wins. Game, set, match. The end. :shoot:

fernandito
02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Aaron FTW! :clap:

Aaron
02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Is that "Fuck the World" or "Fuck the Wolverine"?

fernandito
02-04-2009, 12:45 PM
You're the birthday boy, you choose! :rofl:

[For The Win]

Aaron
02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll take for the win, then. :D

I like Wolverine...really. He just shouldn't have fucked with Batman.

cozener
02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure where people got the idea Wolverine is "not of high intelligence".

As part of his Canadian outfit he learned how to fly jets, computers, communications, weapons and explosives. He strengthened those skills during his time with the x-men and has lived a long and interesting life. I know Batman is smart but I still don't call him that much higher if we are rating on the "brains-knowledge-ingenuity" department. I'm not saying Logan is dumb by any means. I'm just saying that he's not in the same league as Batman when it comes to brains. And he isn't. Bruce Wayne is a genius of the highest order. Tremendous business acumen, chemist, physicist, engineer, the world's greatest detective, etc etc. And all the stuff you said Logan can do, Batman can too. He owns, operates, and maintains (with Alfred's help) his own jet, boat, helipcopter, and motorized skateboard.

But if people do think Logan is "not of high intelligence" it might stem from the fact that he's an uncouth biker with no fashion sense whatsoever.

obscurejude
02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Aaron makes a compelling argument. :)

Aaron
02-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I think Wolvie's claws would make an excellent addition to the Batcave's trophy room. :P

Matt
02-04-2009, 01:30 PM
We're no longer friends Aaron, birthday or no birthday :lol:

Your ideas are well thought out and seem plausible until one learns that you are a DC executive and therefor not eligible to vote.

That's not actually true, but I know you want to have DC's babies.

wolverine0712
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
The Adamantium is bonded to his bones, so Batman would have to find a way to get it off of them. When they were bonded, the metal was in a liquid form, and the only way to get it back there is to melt it. I don't know if Batman could find a way to do it.

Magneto was able to separate them since he controls metal, and I don't think Batman could do that either.

Aaron
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Bone can be cut. Batman would just have to use a laser to shave off the surface of the bone that is bonded to the adamantium. The layer would grow back due to Wolvie's healing powers. That is, unless the adamantium completely encapsulates the bones. I'm not sure if that is the case or not. If it is, then the scenario could play out the same way as before, but instead of removing the adamantium from his skeleton, Batman could just bury him alive in an adamantium-lined coffin. I'm pretty sure he could find a way to remove it, though. And since Wolverine wouldn't wake up until the spiked harpoon was removed from his brain, he would have plenty of time to figure it out.

And Matt...I do have to admit that I am a DC fanboy. Can't deny it. But that doesn't change the fact that I just laid out how Batman would pwn Wolverine. :dance:

Matt
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, if he had months to prepare and the wind with him and a rabbit foot in his pocket. :lol:

flaggwalkstheline
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Bone can be cut. Batman would just have to use a laser to shave off the surface of the bone that is bonded to the adamantium. The layer would grow back due to Wolvie's healing powers. That is, unless the adamantium completely encapsulates the bones. I'm not sure if that is the case or not. If it is, then the scenario could play out the same way as before, but instead of removing the adamantium from his skeleton, Batman could just bury him alive in an adamantium-lined coffin. I'm pretty sure he could find a way to remove it, though. And since Wolverine wouldn't wake up until the spiked harpoon was removed from his brain, he would have plenty of time to figure it out.

And Matt...I do have to admit that I am a DC fanboy. Can't deny it. But that doesn't change the fact that I just laid out how Batman would pwn Wolverine. :dance:

Im a marvel fanboy and I think batman would win:cool:

Matt
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
**watches Batman pray to his rabbit's foot**

Aaron
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah, if he had months to prepare and the wind with him and a rabbit foot in his pocket. :lol:

Well I can't deny that there would definitely be planning and an element of luck involved. Just imagine the shit he would be in if he missed the shot into Wolvie's eye and hit him in the cheek or something. It would have to be precise for sure. But everyone seemed to pretty much agree earlier that if nothing else Batman definitely has the stealth to get the drop on him.

Matt
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Well...everyone except me. :lol:

I've been reading Wolverine for a long time and no body gets the drop on him. That's why I hate his character in the movies...much tougher than that.

However, I'll give all involved the benefit of the doubt that if Batman had time to plan his attack, he may be able to do serious damage. But even then, in a fight to the death, no way he could win.

Brainslinger
02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
That harpoon reminds me of Cuchulain's Gae Bolg. (Except that is launched from the foot, but anyhow.)

Considering this talk of Wolverine's brain regenerating after it was removed, would he heal from that? I accept that post was probably partly toungue in cheek (like by bat-vac idea... except not quite as silly) but what is the limit? He might be able to heal from any wound whilst he is still alive, but if he is killed instantly (never mind the harpoon, a bullet in the eye would likely do it) would he still 'get better' if the projectile is removed?

turtlex
02-05-2009, 03:45 AM
I was with you all on the Batman having the stealth edge, until I went over the Marvel site to read up on some stuff and found that ( marvel-fangirl posting now ) .... "Wolverine also possesses superhumanly acute senses, making him capable of seeing things at a maximum distance greater than a normal human’s. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, and he is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if that person or object is hidden."

Batman's gonna have to be pretty darn steathy to get by Logan, upwind or no.

Aaron
02-05-2009, 07:40 AM
If there was ever a hero that could do it, though, it would have to be Batman. :harrier:

cozener
02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Hunters use a spray to mask their scent from the animals that they hunt. Maybe Batsy could do that with Wolverine. :)

fernandito
02-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Or perhaps he'll charm him into submission with his boyish good looks :lol:

Matt
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Looks like Bat's has as much chance in this poll as he would in a fight. :lol:

Brainslinger
02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
He started off pretty good though. I guess the Wolverine team were just so persuasive.

I have a vision in my head of Batman in a kind of exoskeleton armour with razors on his knuckles. It's the kind of thing he would do too when considering the superman battle above.

The armour probably wouldn't keep out the adamantium claws permanently (incidentally did Logan have claws before his skeleton was coated? Claws made of ordinary stuff I mean.) but the layer would at least act as a deterrent for a while I think.

fernandito
02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
What if we did box office comparisons? Actually, that wouldn't be a good idea... I wouldn't want to embarass Wolvie...

:cyclops:

/CHEAP SHOT!

Aaron
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM

Don't know if I would bring the movies into it, though--unless you want that embarrassment named Joel Schumacher to be brought into the conversation. :cry:

fernandito
02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Don't forget though, Wolvie has Brett Ratner on his side, not exactly something to be proud of either :lol:

Matt
02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
He started off pretty good though. I guess the Wolverine team were just so persuasive.

I have a vision in my head of Batman in a kind of exoskeleton armour with razors on his knuckles. It's the kind of thing he would do too when considering the superman battle above.

The armour probably wouldn't keep out the adamantium claws permanently (incidentally did Logan have claws before his skeleton was coated? Claws made of ordinary stuff I mean.) but the layer would at least act as a deterrent for a while I think.

His claws were made of bone for a good part of his life and also when Magneto took the metal off for a little while.

Apocalypse put it back.

wolverine0712
02-05-2009, 10:56 AM

He had claws made of bone. They were revealed after Magneto sucked the adamantium off his bones. They showed them in the Origin mini-series as well.

wolverine0712
02-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Looks like I should read all the posts before I reply.
:doh:

wolverine0712
02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Don't forget though, Wolvie has Brett Ratner on his side, not exactly something to be proud of either :lol:

Ratner didn't put nipples on his costume though.

turtlex
02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh. Snap !
:dance:

fernandito
02-05-2009, 11:18 AM
And Schumacher didn't kill off a major character within the first 15 minutes of the movie, what's your point? :P

turtlex
02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Um... I believe his point was.... er.... um.... nipples.

Aaron
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I would say that Christopher Nolan has made up for the nipples by now. Everybody say it with me..."Dark Knight...Daaarrk Kniiiight"

fernandito
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Wolverine fans...

Why so see-ree-us-ssssahhh!!??

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jgP0ZDWXzfs/SK0jhPeT_WI/AAAAAAAAACM/mGgcudujGVA/s400/The+Joker.jpg

Odetta
02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
maybe the nipples were for when he got cold... give those nippies some room!

flaggwalkstheline
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Michael Keaton is a better batman!
Suck it Christian Bale!!!

turtlex
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey, I will give you the Joker - freakin bad arse there! However, Batman, and his whispering clint eastwood voice... paaaaasssssss !

RUBE
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I think Batman is pretty bad-ass but quite simply he could not kill Wolvie in hand-to-hand combat. Unless Batman creates some super weapon and brings it along to the fight Wolvie wins.

Aaron
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
But that is what Batman does.

The Lady of Shadows
02-06-2009, 02:47 PM
but what's he going to do? call a timeout when the fight takes a turn for the worse and say, "so sorry wolverine baby but i need time to go back to the old batcave and fix up some new weapons to defeat you. you just wait right here and, i don't know, sharpen your claws. back in about seven hours."

oh please.

:P

Aaron
02-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Have you ever read Batman? Let's not get so caught up in the love of our champions here that we forget that both are formidable contenders. :P I'm just saying it's not as though he hasnt had foes that were at least as badass as Wolverine.

And again, Batman did beat Superman, and I am betting if there was a battle between Superman and Wolverine that not as many people would be so confident of Logan's victory. I will concede that Wolverine might beat Batman, but I would never in a hundred years concede that he could beat Superman, except perhaps in the most ridiculous of circumstances.

It's the Pythagorean Theorum of hero fights!

RUBE
02-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I have not read it so I am curious as to how Batman beat Superman exactly.

Matt
02-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Batman planned for weeks and lured Superman to the same street corner where his parents were killed. He is very old at the time and Supes has sold out to the government.

Bats was in specially designed armor

Bruce said he spent years and millions of dollars creating a sythetic kryptonite and used it on him, then used the suit to zap superman with all the electricity in the city.

After that...he pretty much beat the shit out of Superman for a while until having what appeared to be a massive heart attack. Superman was beat down but recovered quickly

This is all the end of a really great graphic novel by Frank Miller called "The Dark Knight Returns"...it's truly amazing stuff, I highly recommend it.

http://www.robertkent.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bookreviews/darkknightreturnsbatmanbeatingthehelloutofsuperman .jpg

fernandito
02-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Superman = owned.

EdwardDean1999
02-07-2009, 11:11 AM
God, why is this even a debate? :doh:
WOLVERINE!

I'm not even going to dignify this debate with reasoning. :ninja:

EdwardDean1999
02-07-2009, 11:15 AM
The only thing that would make me reconsider is the castrated version of Wolverine currently playing dolls with Kitty Pryde in the monstrosity "Wolverine:First Class" :cry: Jesus. Jughead could kick that version of Wolverine's ass. He could proly out-drink him too.

Can you tell I'm a Wolverine fanboy?:blush:

RUBE
02-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Batman planned for weeks and lured Superman to the same street corner where his parents were killed. He is very old at the time and Supes has sold out to the government.

Bats was in specially designed armor

Bruce said he spent years and millions of dollars creating a sythetic kryptonite and used it on him, then used the suit to zap superman with all the electricity in the city.

After that...he pretty much beat the shit out of Superman for a while until having what appeared to be a massive heart attack. Superman was beat down but recovered quickly

This is all the end of a really great graphic novel by Frank Miller called "The Dark Knight Returns"...it's truly amazing stuff, I highly recommend it.

http://www.robertkent.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bookreviews/darkknightreturnsbatmanbeatingthehelloutofsuperman .jpg

So I guess, based on this logic, who wins would actually be determined by how long in advance they would know about the fight and whether they were allowed to bring any weapon they want. I say if they just happened upon each other and fought Wolvie would kick his ass but I will give you that Batman could beat him with the appropriate prep.

turtlex
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow, this has been a great first battle !

I love all the opinions and all the back and forth.

We'll be closing this battle voting soon, so if you were holding off your vote, see-sawing on a favorite - now is the time to decide!

turtlex
02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
We'll be closing this on Saturday, February 14th.

Get your vote in now !!!

Keep an eye out for the next battle!

turtlex
02-14-2009, 07:22 AM
It was a great battle and we have a winner!!!

Wolverine has won this battle.

http://www.fantomcomics.com/FEB072098_hi_CIVIL_WAR_FALLEN_SON_WOLVERINE.jpg

A new battle will be posted soon.