PDA

View Full Version : Slow Loading

NeedfulKings
01-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't know why, but I'm still experiencing slo-dash. All the time. I don't know how long I'll be able to handle a 15-25 second wait between screens. It's only this site that acts this way--of all the browsing I do.

Any suggestion?

I love the features of this site, so hope that's not the problem.

I'm at a loss.....

FYI, I've got brand new laptops and 3 meg cable internet at home. At work, I don't know what it is, but it's Cat 5 or something. At my mother-in-law's, it's a new Dell on High-Speed internet.

At all places, DT.Com acts the same for me. Slow.

Hannah
01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I know we've had this issue come up before, and I've heard that it's sometimes slow on IE. What are you using?

Brice
01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes, when I use IE (mostly at home) it sometimes takes a couple minutes even to load a new page. I just figured that might be because this comp sorta' sucks though. :unsure:

Matt
01-28-2009, 05:29 AM
I really can't explain this. I am literally here 12 hours a day, always refreshing the screen and when the site is acting normally, it runs slick as owl shit.

I'm sure it's all tied to our speed and server issues, we're sure working on it. :thumbsup:

NeedfulKings
01-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Yes, I use IE. I just always have--and am reluctant to change. It doesn't seem to affect other websites I frequent.

I want "owl shit" speed!!! :evil: :lol:

Randall Flagg
01-28-2009, 06:47 AM
A Couple of things I have noticed:

Firefox is much faster loading the pages than IE.
Clearing my cache on a regular basis helps.
If a page doesn't load withing 2-3 seconds, I click the stop red X and try the page again. In most instances it loads right away.
I am on the West Coast, and there is a slight lag as the server is in N.Y. (I think).

Randall Flagg
01-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Yes, I use IE. I just always have--and am reluctant to change. It doesn't seem to affect other websites I frequent.

NK, I used I.E. for 15 years, and still have it. I now almost always use Firefox and am pleased. Having and using Firefox does not preclude you from using I.E.

Daghain
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh, I'll say it. Throw that POS IE away and use Firefox. Trust me.

My desktop was running slower than molasses in January, and once I updated to Firefox 3.0, it was lightning fast. I use IE at work and it is the biggest PITA ever. :D

Wuducynn
01-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, I'll say it. Throw that POS IE away and use Firefox. Trust me.

Trust her.

Matt
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM

The reason it wouldn't matter to other sites is because I am constantly updating TDT.com with whatever is out there for it.

IE does not recognize things like .png files that are a standard in the industry now. I think Bill Gates decided he didn't have to go with everyone else but may be working on making it right for their next update.

NeedfulKings
01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm on Firefox now. :rock:

I'm wallowing in owl shit speed as we speak!!! :wtf:

The Lady of Shadows
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
response number one: some things are just worth waiting for. . . .

response number two: you can have my internet explorer when you pry it from my cold dead computer. oh wait, you won't be able to do that will you. :P

response number three: :grouphug:

Letti
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
My computer is not a superhero at all.. it's better not to write more or I will hurt its feelings *hugs her computer* but this website runs really fast.
Anyway I use FireFox, too.

Wuducynn
01-29-2009, 05:59 AM

Smart move, Bill. I've never even heard the phrase "owl shit". I love it.

Letti
01-29-2009, 06:05 AM

Smart move, Bill. I've never even heard the phrase "owl shit". I love it.

Nor have I. I cannot wait to use it.

Daghain
01-29-2009, 10:04 AM

Toldja. :lol:

Nanidesuka
01-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I have this problem too~

I use IE as well, but i figured it was just that there are so many users on this site that it took a little bit for the pages to load.

Matt
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Nope, it's because IE can't handle it's "up to dateness" :lol:

I understand IE's next release will address these issues because a lot of the stuff it doesn't do well with is becoming industry standard.

Daghain
01-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Bill Gates is the anitchrist! :lol:

Nanidesuka
01-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Nope, it's because IE can't handle it's "up to dateness" :lol:

I understand IE's next release will address these issues because a lot of the stuff it doesn't do well with is becoming industry standard.
Oh, i guess that makes sense. ^^

Brice
01-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Bill Gates is the anitchrist! :lol:

Oh, I guess that makes sense. ^^

Brice
01-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I am seriously considering downloading Firefox on my roommates computer without asking and just showing them how much better it is. :evil:

Randall Flagg
01-20-2010, 06:28 AM
For reasons I can't determine, Firefox is running slow when accessing the site. IE and Safari seem fine.

Aylania
01-20-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm using Firefox at the moment and I don't seem to be having any problems. Hmm..

Matt
01-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Our server company has a lag from time to time you guys, I usually wait for an pretty long period of time before becoming concerned about it.

Sorry for any inconvenience though. :grouphug: