PDA

View Full Version : How Did You View the series? *Please Mark Spoilers*

razz
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
-

The King of Kings
01-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Mixture between third person and watching it on TV.

Chap
01-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I saw it in "scenes", like watching a movie. (but "some guy watching it on TV" doesn't really do it justice :P )
cutting, fading, focus on whatever. it's all written down so it's easy to imagine how it would look like in a movie.

Wuducynn
01-26-2009, 07:22 AM
do you think of yourself in the middle of this?

do you see it in third person?

A combination of these two depending on the part of the saga I'm reading.

Darkthoughts
01-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I felt more like I was sat inside each character's head, depending on who was the focus of the narrative.

idk, my bff jill?
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I felt like I was all over the place.

Sometimes I felt as if I was in each character's head, but then other times, it was a mixture of watching as if it were a movie and being there among the characters but not being able to interact with them (of course).

flaggwalkstheline
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Sai King's Writing in the dark tower and otherwise is hard to describe, very descriptive, vivid, reading his stories is like dreaming while being awake, there thats the phrase I was grasping for: dreamlike

The Lady of Shadows
01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
during parts of it i was only a watcher (and a horrified one at that). during other parts i really felt involved almost like if i said the right thing i could change the outcome. . .

Letti
01-27-2009, 08:11 AM
I felt more like I was sat inside each character's head, depending on who was the focus of the narrative.

That's it. Thank you for finding the best words to describe it.

Ves'Ka Gan
01-27-2009, 08:28 AM
As I'm readiing again, I see it like scenes from a movie or as though I am in the character's mind. However during the particularly brilliant parts I feel like I am holding Roland's guns and standing in his boots (Same for the rest of the ka-tet).

Matt of Gilead
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
All of the above, depending on the scene. Mostly as if it were a movie.

Nightfall
02-08-2009, 01:06 PM
My view of it was all over the place, at times (Like when Eddie screams "Who are you!?" at Roland in the second book) I feel as if I'm inside their head, but at others like (DT7 spoiler) when Eddie is shot I see it in a cinematic view.

Rcampebll
02-09-2009, 01:24 PM
i viewed it as im that character for the moment and i felt i was alot more personally connected then in any other series i read. sometimes it was more real life then my actual life at times and im not complaining

stone, rose, unfound door
02-10-2009, 12:58 PM

That was usually the way I felt, especially looking through Roland's eyes but not being him anyway.

klokateer
03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I read the series wishing I were one of (any of) the characters.

I long to be a part of All-World...

Letti
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I long to be a part of All-World...

As a constant reader in fact you are.

SLG
03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I was all over the place as well.. Inside the characters heads, going along beside them, seeing some scenes like it way a movie, etcetc..

And I think that being able to see the story with so many different eyes and perspectives made it all better.

Claude Clay
04-16-2009, 07:52 AM
i just finished the series. took 8 weeks [evelyn wood aint got no nuttin on me]. how i felt was/is much akin to when i read the 1st three of the Dune series: there.
one goes to work, plays at what pleases them, has a home life---and these 'stories' weave into your universe. as a certified pistol instructor i was to suspend belief on how guns were portrayed. though SK did better than the many in this area.

though called the gunslinger-guns were not the critical focus of the story.....we all know it is getting there that matters.
i am partial to books that create a universe; though verbose they may be; philip k. dick and c.s. lewis come to mind.

......the black stone is under the WTC in the real world [9-12-01]and im thinking that when time comes to excavate the disaster, it is going to be needing roland & co. to help the beam there. perhaps the DT is gonna be acallin to him from his loop to duty again.

the dead live--be grateful

AlishaRiley
04-16-2009, 08:04 AM

Snap. :)
Although there were a few points where I felt more like a separate member of the ka-tet - and in some cases, a crazy stalker. ;)

DoctorDodge
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Hmmm, good question. I'd say i felt like i was inside a character's head most of the time, although there would be times when i would read one particular golden moment, and i would just imagine it like i was watching a movie. The gunfights, mostly. In slow motion. So slow that in some instances you could actually see the bullets flying through the air, 'cause our heroes were so pumped up with adrenaline.

It was moments like that that i usually thought, "God, i LOVE this series!" :lol:

Sickrose
10-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I feel like I am sat in the characters heads but not with Susannah who never developed as a character for me I couldnt 'hear her' in my head whereas the others I could.

I especially felt like I was in Jake's head in The Wastelands when he feels like he is losing his mind.

Abyssimal
11-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Most times I felt like a ghost - I witnessed everything the ka-tet did, but unable to interact...