PDA

View Full Version : Patrica the Mono's route...

K.J.J.
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Ok, hang on a second. Patricia the Mono traveled from Lud, to somewhere in the north West right? And Blaine the Mono traveled from Lud to Topeka, where he came to a final resting stop (Mid-World Topeka, not Kansas).
So wait a minute.
How is it Patricia is able to travel to Fedic next to Castle Discordia, if thats further along Shardik's beam to the south east, past Topeka, Blaine's final stop?

PLEASE DON'T SAY "Because the world has moved on" :P

So do we just assume that Patricia's path took her around the world, through Calla Bryn Sturgis, through Thunderclap and onwards to Fedic at Castle Discordia?

Or (Hey I'm throwing it out it out that) because the world has moved on, perhaps Blaine used to travel north-west, and Topeka used to be in that direction?

Did I miss something, or is it one of the unanswered questions/plot holes?

MonteGss
01-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Hmmm, good question. I for one do not remember hearing any final destination or a route way even for Patricia. So far in DT3 (of my reread), it's only been mentioned she travels to the west. Here, the tet is looking at her track as it comes into Lud:
"The track raced towards them out of the west in a slim, straight line, the flowed across the Send and into the city..."

Anyway, I never considered Patricia being Fedic to be a plot hole. I just don't remember an actual conversation about her pathway.

flaggwalkstheline
01-18-2009, 08:19 AM
hmm this is like wondering where that Red-Brick Road (in the wizard of oz) going the opposite direction of the yellow one went...

K.J.J.
01-21-2009, 02:54 AM
It just seemed like it would be more plausible for Blaine the Mono to have ended up in Fedic, because his tracks went in that specific direction. I don't think its a plot hole either, but its up into the air for which is the truth, Patricia's track turns around, or Blaine and Patricia's routes used to be the opposite way around

Bumbler19
01-24-2009, 02:22 AM
maybe Blaine was sick of his route and swapped with patricia while she was sleeping... kinda like if you share your bed w/ someone and you don't like the side of the bed you are on, you wait till they fall asleep and take what is yours damnit!

Ok, just kidding... i really have no idea...

Maybe the names Patricia and Blaine are more like... Model names? Patricia in Lud isn't the same Patricia in Fedic, they are just two different trains that are the same model... like Blaine is an I-Phone, but Patricia is a 3G-I-Phone. Or Blaine is 2004 Toyota Corrola, and patricia is the 2008 model Corrola (or vise versa)

or not, who knows, just an idea!

MonteGss
05-09-2009, 07:21 AM
In Song of Susannah, when Mia and Susannah are discussing Fedic and Mia's obsession with baby Michael, it is stated that Patricia's route at one time went through Fedic.

Train tracks can change, it happens in our world, it happened in Roland's too.

AnOutsider
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Late to the party, but I wondered this a LOT as well. It just didn't make sense. I found myself wanting to draw a map, but things get crazy as soon as they begin finding doors and hopping all over the place.

Directions being out of wack doesn't cover it IMO as even not knowing if one direction is north or east, it never changed that Blaine went one way, Patricia the other right?

echoRacer
01-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I've given up with directions/maps in TDT, for example, in the Waste Lands, at one point it's stated that Patricia is alongside the Send, to the left of the Great Road (facing Lud), but when Roland and co. arrive at the bridge crossing the Send into Lud, Patricia suddenly switches to the RIGHT side of the Great Road.

In the river road village, it is clearly explained that they heard the sonic boom coming from the river to the east (being the left hand side), but suddenly, when they reach the bridge, her track travels from the west (being the right hand side) into Lud.

It messes with my head, tbh. :angry: