PDA

View Full Version : Which publisher this past year has gone to the "Clearing at the End of the Woods"

Gunkslinger
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I know that this question has surfaced on many a message board.

Just curious for the folks here.

Gunkslinger
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
By the way "Clearing by the End of the Woods" is a better ending for myself. I majored in Forestry Management at UCONN.

carlosdetweiller
01-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Are you asking which publishers have gone out of business for other reasons or which publishers have died?

Hill House is defunct but I think Peter Schneider is still alive.

Clacke
01-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Also Humdrumming Press, which was a small UK house which published nice limiteds.
And Keith Minnion closed down White Noise Press to pursue other interests, which was a shame because he produced drop dead gorgeous chapbooks.

Gunkslinger
01-18-2009, 03:41 AM

Are you asking which publishers have gone out of business for other reasons or which publishers have died?

Hill House is defunct but I think Peter Schneider is still alive.

No just the company.

Cutter
01-23-2009, 11:16 AM
A little late on this, but I think these three are it who've closed this year. Someone mentioned Dark Vesper also, but I have no idea who that was. White Noise Press closed down voluntarily, while Hill House and Hummdrumming still have plenty of my money, and I'm pretty ticked off.

Patrick
01-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey Gunk, in the thread title, don't you mean "... the Clearing at the end of the Path?"

wizardsrainbow
01-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Hey Gunk, in the thread title, don't you mean "... the Clearing at the end of the Path?"

Patrick-

He explained his alteration of the phrase...he used to work in the forestry business, so his pun was intended.

Gunkslinger
01-24-2009, 04:26 AM

Well if you want change it to Path/Woods.:)

carlosdetweiller
01-24-2009, 05:29 AM

Well if you want change it to Path/Woods.:)

You posed a question when you started the thread but I don't know if you got the answer you were looking for. Is the guessing over?

Patrick
01-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Wiz and Gunk. It had been a while since I read that second post. :doh:

In regards to Bob's inquiry, please let us know. If resolved, we'll merge this into another thread.

Gunkslinger
01-25-2009, 03:26 AM
You can bury this.

Randall Flagg
01-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Sent to the clearing.