PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Baddie!

Darkthoughts
08-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Who is your ultimate horror baddie? For what reason?

Do you think the old classics had better or worse boogey men than the newer films?

Does a horror film and its villain/s have to be gory to be scary?

OchrisO
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
George W. Bush

fernandito
08-13-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm of the believe that the villian makes the movie, and no, I don't think that the movie has to be over the top gory for the film to be scary. For example : The Hannibal Lecter movies. Sure, there are gore in those films, but I think the calm and coolness with which Lecter describes his murders and the pleasures he takes in them is terrifying in it's own right.

Daghain
08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll tell you what - the original The Hitcher freaked me out. Rutger Hauer is one scary dude, man. :lol:

His villian was just the right amount crazy-evil and smart-evil. And that man can play a villian, people. Trust me. :)

Darkthoughts
08-14-2007, 03:04 AM
George W. Bush
:lol: So sad we don't have a "if you don't like it, don't watch it" option on him!

Rutger Hauer is just immense! I loved him in Blade Runner too, and if they ever made a movie of American Gods (which I hope they don't) he would have to be Mr Wednesday.

Matt
08-14-2007, 02:15 PM
He was really good in the original Hitcher, that scared the crap out of me.

I think I am going to go with Riff Raff from the Rocky Horror Picture Show

"Frank-N-Furter
its all over
your mission is a failure
your lifestyles to extreeeeeeeeeeeem
I'm your new commander
you now are my prisoner
we return to Transylvania
prepare the transit beam!!!!"

Wuducynn
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Gozer the Gozerian http://grammarpolice.net/archives/images/gozer.jpg

and as the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man http://xenafan.com/movies/ghostbusters/crowd.jpg

ZoNeSeeK
08-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Probably the alien from the Aliens series - these movies really freaked the shit out of me when I was younger (around 12) and I was scared and couldnt sleep after watchinf them but after a few years this fear turned into a fan like interest and now Aliens is my favourite film of all time. Its probably because I saw Alien first, which is by far the scariest out of the franchise.

fernandito
08-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Probably the alien from the Aliens series - these movies really freaked the shit out of me when I was younger (around 12) and I was scared and couldnt sleep after watchinf them but after a few years this fear turned into a fan like interest and now Aliens is my favourite film of all time. Its probably because I saw Alien first, which is by far the scariest out of the franchise.

Predator rules, bitch. :)

Matt
08-17-2007, 06:30 AM
pfft!!

I was never real high on the pussy face. :lol:

fernandito
08-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Oh helllllll nawwwwww!

I know what this calls for.... :)

Wuducynn
08-17-2007, 08:10 AM
I am an Aliens fan, but not so much of the Predators, thats why I love watching them get their asses kicked in AVP. My favorite scene - Predator is about to spear the woman and you see the Alien's tail come from behind and BAM!! right through the Predator and lifts said Predator right up and BAM! nails him with its second mouth right through its helmet!! Woooohooooo first Predator blood!!

fernandito
08-17-2007, 08:20 AM
And who's standing in the end? Predator ? The queen alien meets an icy death in freezing water? Something like that right?

[inhale]

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wuducynn
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Ah no. You weren't paying attention...what came out of the dead punk...I mean Predator at the end? Oops!

fernandito
08-17-2007, 10:32 AM
They probably wiped their ass with it . :D

Wuducynn
08-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Whatever makes you feel better Feverish! :D

fernandito
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
:lol:

Isn't AVP 2 due sometime next year?

Wuducynn
08-17-2007, 10:52 AM
December of this year actually. I'm looking forward to it but worried because the directors only have previous experience with doing commercials and video games. Paul W.S. Anderson whatever your opinion of him, is a devout fan of both franchises and had been pushing to do AVP for years, I don't know anything about these guys. Hopefully they'll stick the general story arc already made.

Letti
08-17-2007, 11:51 PM
George W. Bush

:rofl:

Erin
08-23-2007, 10:27 AM
I would much rather have to battle a Predator than an Alien.

MonteGss
08-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I think it was Pennywise from IT. Sadly, he was pretty much the only REALLY good thing about that movie/miniseries.
The girl in The Exorcist was scary too.

Wuducynn
08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Lord Worfin/ Dr. Emelio Lizardo is another great baddie

http://www.webhorror.com/reviews/a_d/buckaroo/lizardo_01.jpg

LAUGH-A WHILE YOU CAN-A MONKEY BOY!!!

Mattrick
08-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Alien is far superior to Predator. What would Predator be without all his fancy weapons and self-destruction? Alien is just itself and will tear just about everything apart.

I've always been partial to Freddy Kruger. Scared the shit out of me when I was eight. I've had enough dreams about Jason Vorhees trying to kill me yet only seen Freddy vs. Jason and Jason X. I don't even find him scary. Weird.

If it wasn't exactly horror it would Vader/Palpatine and Hans Gruber. mmm, horror movie villain. Ok, my mind is made up. To anyone that has seen The Descent...those things.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6008/thedescent2512051tf8.jpg

Wuducynn
08-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Alien is far superior to Predator. What would Predator be without all his fancy weapons and self-destruction? Alien is just itself and will tear just about everything apart.

Mattrick, you couldn't be more right. :thumbsup:

Mattrick
08-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I've been in love with the aliens since I was seven and watch Alien 3.

Wuducynn
08-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Check out the trailer for the upcoming AVP 2 called AVP Requiem. Looks pretty out of hand - http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html

Mattrick
08-28-2007, 09:12 AM
watched it a few days ago. and every day since. it's saved to my computer.

Wuducynn
08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Every day hunh? Impressive.

OchrisO
09-01-2007, 02:59 PM
My actual choice for this would probably be Pinhead.

http://www.michalak.org/fh/pinhead_profile.jpg

There have been a bunch of bad movies made iwth him, but the first three Hellraiser movies are great abd Clive Barker creates amazing bad guys.

Wuducynn
09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I am a Hellraiser fan. I like the second one the best, with Leviathan and all. :cool:

OchrisO
09-01-2007, 05:01 PM
My favorite is III, beause of the scene where he is in the church and takes pins out of his head, sticks them in his hands, poses like the crucifixion and says "I am the way....." and the church blows up behind him. That was so wrong and evil that I loved it.

Wuducynn
09-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Fantastic scene. I think three is my second favorite. I have to say it has the best lines of three that I care about. I haven't seen any of the others. I saw 2 and 3 in the theaters.

Wuducynn
09-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Have you heard that Barker is going to re-make Hellraiser? What do you think about that?

OchrisO
09-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I hadn't heard. I'm not sure how I feel about it. If Doug Bradley still plays Pinhead and Clive Barker has full control of it, it could be good, but I am starting to get tired of remakes. There's probably a million other horror movie ideas floating around in his head that would be better served than remaking classics.

Wuducynn
09-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I look at it like, if he cares enough to do it then fine and yeah, I can't see him going with anyone but Doug Bradley.

fernandito
09-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Not even Brandon Frasier?

Letti
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
My actual choice for this would probably be Pinhead.

http://www.michalak.org/fh/pinhead_profile.jpg

There have been a bunch of bad movies made iwth him, but the first three Hellraiser movies are great abd Clive Barker creates amazing bad guys.

Like someone after a great deal of Chinese treatment. :lol:

Cuthbert Allbad
09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
I'll tell you what - the original The Hitcher freaked me out. Rutger Hauer is one scary dude, man. :lol:

His villian was just the right amount crazy-evil and smart-evil. And that man can play a villian, people. Trust me. :)

Rutger Hauer is a great actor. Loved him in Bladerunner and Nighthawks.

Odetta
09-07-2007, 06:21 AM

Rutger Hauer is a great actor. Loved him in Bladerunner and Nighthawks.

Me too! The Hitcher (orig) was great... I will never EVER pick up a hitchhiker because of Rutger Hauer.

I've got one that no one has mentioned... JAWS. The opening scene with the girl is terrifying to me.

and, although this seems to be turning a little into an Alien vs. Predator thing, Aliens are definitely the suprerior evil. Sorry, fp, you how much I loveses the Predator... but it just aint happening.

Cuthbert Allbad
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
[QUOTE=Odetta;34397I've got one that no one has mentioned... JAWS. The opening scene with the girl is terrifying to me.

I don't count Jaws Shark as a villian. After all, he was just following his nature.

AVP 2? That's news to me. I thought the first was a major disappointment.

Remake of Hellraiser? Why?? Except for special effects, i don't see much that would need improving. Doesn't anyone wanna make an original flick??
Getting tired of remake after remake...Halloween anyone???

Odetta
09-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Well, aren't most villains "following their nature"?

fernandito
09-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Sorry, fp, you how much I loveses the Predator... but it just aint happening.

I never claimed that the Predators were superior evil, I like them because they're fucking bad ass. Look, allZ i'm saying is that if there were the same amount of Predators and Aliens in a disclosed battlefield, there would be some SICK Predator ownage.

Odetta
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
welllll.... the Predators could just blow everyone up...

Cuthbert Allbad
09-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Depends on whether you believe people are born evil or it is learned behavior.

And regarding the opening scene in Jaws...are you afraid of the shark or the naked female??

Mattrick
09-07-2007, 11:47 AM

I never claimed that the Predators were superior evil, I like them because they're fucking bad ass. Look, allZ i'm saying is that if there were the same amount of Predators and Aliens in a disclosed battlefield, there would be some SICK Predator ownage.

Because they have bombs and rockets and such. Hand to hand combat they would get told.

fernandito
09-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Because they have bombs and rockets and such. Hand to hand combat they would get told.

Well unfortunately for you (and Aliens fans everywhere), they do have them, so no, they wont get told. :)

Odetta
09-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Depends on whether you believe people are born evil or it is learned behavior.

And regarding the opening scene in Jaws...are you afraid of the shark or the naked female??

who would be afraid of a naked female?

sarajean
09-07-2007, 07:52 PM

I never claimed that the Predators were superior evil, I like them because they're fucking bad ass. Look, allZ i'm saying is that if there were the same amount of Predators and Aliens in a disclosed battlefield, there would be some SICK Predator ownage pwnage.

there was only one thing wrong with that statement...it's fixed now.

:D

OchrisO
09-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Pinhead would kill both of them while making fun of Jesus at the same time.

sarajean
09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
psh. it's so easy to do that.

Mattrick
09-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Well unfortunately for you (and Aliens fans everywhere), they do have them, so no, they wont get told. :)

That's like saying one midget with 1000 nukes is superior to the chinese army because of technological superiority. I guess by this regard Japan is the strongest country in the world lol

OchrisO
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I figure in the case of Alien Vs. Predator, the intellect of the Predator is the race's chief asset. The technology is a product of that intellect. Saying Predator Vs. Alien with no technology would be like saying human vs. grizzly bear with no guns or weapons of any sort. Humans conquer Earth with the technology born of their intellect, their greatest fighting asset and Predators beat Aliens with their technology born of their intellect, also their greatest fighting asset.

fernandito
09-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I figure in the case of Alien Vs. Predator, the intellect of the Predator is the race's chief asset. The technology is a product of that intellect. Saying Predator Vs. Alien with no technology would be like saying human vs. grizzly bear with no guns or weapons of any sort. Humans conquer Earth with the technology born of their intellect, their greatest fighting asset and Predators beat Aliens with their technology born of their intellect, also their greatest fighting asset.

:clap:

[Chris Tucker] Captain, thats...thats the same way I feel!! [/Chris Tucker]

She-Oy
09-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Why has no one noted Micheal Myers? Seriously? He's like the deranged lunatic kid that turns into a mass murder (with an awfully scary mask by the way). He's what I fear. Just the everyday kid turned wrong. It happens in real life, ok, maybe not so much the 19 lives he's managed to live, but that calm-but-speedy walk....the music that accompanies him....

yeah, he's my horror flick fear. Definitely!

Cuthbert Allbad
09-09-2007, 08:59 AM
If we disgard all "boogie-men" evil villians, alien from outer space, and animals we are left with choosing from a human male or female.

Feel that Hitler and his inner circle show mankind at it's evilest. Guess anyone doing the genocide thing would qualify.

Female wise i'd choose any female past or present. After all, it's due to them that i don't get to hang in the Garden Of Eden.

Darkthoughts
09-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Pffft...its God's fault, whats with all the don't eat the apple/reverse psychology shit in the first place? :lol:

Jean
09-09-2007, 10:10 PM
No. The primary sin should be discussed elsewhere, - if it has to.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/thankyou.jpg

OchrisO
09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Unless someone chooses God as the Ultimate baddie. :P

Jean
09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
the argumentation will take them beyond this thread anyway http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_tongue.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_tongue.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_tongue.gif

Wuducynn
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
The Ultimate Baddie? Roland Deschain.

Aaron
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure on this. I mean if we are discussing characters, then you have to question what we are judging them on. As far as killers go, some might say Hannibal Lecter, and I would say he is a good choice due to the vast character development over the course of all of the novels and movies. But...the ultimate baddie would probably be necessarily bad through and through, and Lecter was not. He had morals and emotions. Same with Vader, however blocked they may have been during the majority of his time as a Sith lord. That leaves your standard slasher killers: Jason, Freddy, and Michael Myers. Jason would be a good candidate, but he is more demonic machine and that takes points from him, in my opinion. There was really never any solid vestige of humanity in him after the second film. He was mad that Mommy was dead and got some revenge, but from then on in the series it was never really developed anymore. Myers is a better candidate, or he was until this remake. Now don't get me wrong, I actually really liked Zombie's backstory on his childhood and whatnot. I thought it was the most well done portion of the film. But it took away from Mikey's "baddiness". Humanized, he is still one evil fuck; but we can now empathize, even if only remotely, and that loses him the title. But Freddy, as corny as he became in most of the later films, is the one. I base this on his history and the brief glimpses that we receive of his history as a killer before he became the king of nightmares. He killed children. No, he tortured and brutally murdered children. And he delighted in it, fed on it. As a parent, I can think of nothing worse. He may have become something of a cartoon later on, but that doesn't change what he is and was. I'm glad Jason kicked his ass. :P

Letti
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Who is your ultimate horror baddie? For what reason?

My ex biology teacher.

sarajean
09-10-2007, 09:41 PM
i found this while looking for something else, and am posting it at the request of fp:

http://www.reelcollectibles.co.nz/images/avp/63171_press01-001.jpg

fernandito
09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
:wub:

(tear)

Here's another one, a part of Predator's trophy wall

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/142/trophycasegz0.jpg

sarajean
09-10-2007, 09:57 PM
:D

:eta: the PM you just got is in regards to the above post.

Odetta
09-15-2007, 03:28 PM
coolness!

Cuthbert Allbad
09-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Anyone ever see a TV movies called "Don't be afraid of the dark? from the 70's?
The little creatures that lived in the fireplace scared the living piss outta me.
They weren't really given much screen time but just the thought of them gave me douche chills.

Storyslinger
09-17-2007, 07:05 AM
The ultimate baddie has always been that which you cannot see

fernandito
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Predator, in camouflage mode?

Good call! :thumbsup:

Matt
09-17-2007, 09:57 AM
:rofl:

I am going to go with...a black hole.

fernandito
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
No contest.

chuxter
09-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Growing up I was horrified by the Daleks.

EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/chuxter/4daleks.jpg

But for me it really comes down to a bad guy you can't plead your case with or defeat without some high tech exoskeleton or nuclear device. Like the Alien, the early halloweens, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacreeeeee, Omen (the unseeable evil). Ooooo, what was the old movie set as a western where all the bad guys were robots who's face's came off? Westworld? Yeah, robots are scary and practically immortal.

Mattrick
09-18-2007, 12:59 PM
The guys in the suits in E.T. scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. It was like 'awesome reese's pieces! I love those' then BAM! AND THEY STOLE ET MAN THAT IS NOT COOL!

Fall of Gilead
09-18-2007, 02:18 PM

I hereby reserve "Sick Predator Ownage" for a band name.

She-Oy
09-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Team Rocket from Pokemon is pretty bad.

fernandito
09-18-2007, 04:36 PM

I hereby reserve "Sick Predator Ownage" for a band name.

SICK!

Can I be that devoted fan that follows the band around everywhere they play and headbangs even when they're just barely setting up?

Cuthbert Allbad
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
The guys in the suits in E.T. scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. It was like 'awesome reese's pieces! I love those' then BAM! AND THEY STOLE ET MAN THAT IS NOT COOL!

the guys in the suits??? What about E.T. himself? Before i learned what his initials stood for, i thought it meant extra testicle. Now that's scary

OchrisO
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM

the guys in the suits??? What about E.T. himself? Before i learned what his initials stood for, i thought it meant extra testicle. Now that's scary

Cheech and Chong called. They want their joke back. :P

Cuthbert Allbad
09-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Cheech and Chong called. They want their joke back. :P

didn't know that was their joke. I had originally seen it on a t-shirt.
It had a pic of ET and a female. The caption said.."He is alone, she is afraid....ET The Extra Testicle.

Fall of Gilead
09-20-2007, 08:00 AM
SICK!

Can I be that devoted fan that follows the band around everywhere they play and headbangs even when they're just barely setting up?

Sure! If the rest of the band would have as little musical skill as me, we'd need all the fanatics we could get! :rock:

Mattrick
09-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I think we've all forgot the worst monster of them all.

http://www.cinecon.com/bigstory/schumacherinterview_435.jpg

JOEL SCHUMACHER IS HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER