PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

sarah
05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions. :D

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Who is your favorite character?

What is your favorite book?

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

how did you find this site?

:dance:

sarah
05-04-2007, 02:11 PM

I've always been a Stephen King fan but didn't want to start the series until I knew he was at least thinking about writing the last few books.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland! Hands down i love that guy. Don't get me wrong eddie, susannah, and jake are super great, but i loves me some roland.

What is your favorite book? I used to say the gunslinger the gunslinger the gunslinger but now i just may say the wastelands

How old are you? 31

Where are you from? sacto, ca

do you have a nickname? many. :lol:

Brice
05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Great idea Sarah! (sorry, I ain't used to calling you maerlyn)

When The Gunslinger first came out I could never find a copy. Then when TDotT came out I read it and was finally able to go back and read the Gunslinger. I've been hooked ever since.

Who is your favorite charcter?

I absolutely can't pick one. I love them all almost as if they were real people.

The Gunslinger followed closely by Wizard And Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?

I'm originally from Boston, Mass. I spent about half my life in Virginia, hitchhiked all over the country and have been in NC for about 13 or 14 years.

do you have a nickname?

IRL: no online: many

Randall Flagg
05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I was a King fan and read Pet Semetery. On the page listing King's work, I saw a mention of The Gunslinger. Being unfamiliar with the title I sought it out. I found a slightly worn true 1st edition sans dustjacket and paid the princely (at that time) sum of $20 for the book. It actually was a strange read for me the first time, but when I read DTII, I was hooked.

Roland is the easy choice but perhaps I'll add Cort

DTII for the series. The Stand for all of King's works.

How old are you?
46-ouch!

Where are you from?
I reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.

do you have a nickname?
My wife would say "asshole"8)

There are those who have met him
And those who haven't
Hidden under a woman's name
You'll find the lucky few
Mingling with the envious

This station is the fourth, and surely is the best
To find the fifth bool, seek the writer of Roland's quest

Matt
05-04-2007, 02:28 PM
This is a wonderful idea :cool:

My older brother bought the first issue when it hit the books stores for his wife, she was not really into the story and I asked if I could borrow it for a bit. I loved it and have been a huge fan ever since. Gotta be over 20 years now.

Jake has always been my favorite, he reminds me of my son. Hard as nails, no bullshit

I cried when he died

It used to be Drawing of the Three, now that the series is over, its Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Just turned 38 :rock:

Where are you from?

I was born in Kansas, moved immediatly to Texas. In 1977, we moved to Colorado so I consider myself a native.

do you have a nickname?

Just Matty and that one is new with the net. :lol:

Hannah
05-04-2007, 02:44 PM
My dad is a huge SK fan. He told me I should read the DT series. The summer of 2004 loomed empty, with me single and having nothing to do. I picked up the Gunslinger at the library as my summer reading project. Obviously I was hooked.

I'm partial to Roland, but I also have a soft spot in my heart for Detta. She's so sassy!

Probably The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Denver, Colorado. And I live here still.

do you have a nickname?
online the only one I'm known by is Handfuls. Sadly, my real life nicknames are to embarrasing to reveal.

ErinPatricia
05-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Lets see, I read my first King book in like 5th grade...I think I picked up The Gunslinger in Jr high. After that I was hooked.

Roland. Hands down.

Wastelands has always been my favorite story

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Pittsburgh

do you have a nickname?
Not really. Used to be over at TDT.net as HarleyQuinn19 tho.

tamez
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
i walked into a book store in the seventh grade
and had to get the new Gunslinger Audio Book
the art and the display were so enticing!
could there be anyone but Roland?

Wastelands (especially the Audio edition read by SK)
How old are you?

Where are you from?
St. Catharines Ontario, but live in Texas now

do you have a nickname?
noodle

Matt
05-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Noodle?!?!

I didn't know that :lol:

its cute :huglove:

tamez
05-04-2007, 02:54 PM
:huglove:
well, it's one of many... mattymcmatt matt

Bethany
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
The store where I worked got in a bunch of paperbacks, including The Gunslinger and The Drawing of Three, and sold them for 25 cents each. Being the SK fan that I am, I bought those two to read while I was out on maternity leave.

Roland, duh.

Probably The Drawing of Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Alabama

do you have a nickname?
A few, but none that you need to concern yourself with. :P

pol
05-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Great idea...

How did you discover The Dark Tower?
I started reading King in around 1987, I kept seeing The Gunslinger advertised at the back of various paperbacks....in 1988 I picked it up and read it. It was slow at first, as a lot of people are when they first pick up The Gunslinger, but I got through it. I got The Drawing of the Three shortly after and read it and was blown away. I quickly re-read The Gunslinger and have been hooked since.

Thats a hard one...it has certainly changed over the years but the version of Flagg known as Richard Fannin has always had a special place in my heart. I can still remember reading The Wastelands when he is introduced. As the character was described he kept sounding more and more familiar (I had read The Stand a few years before) and when I finally made the connection I was floored. To this day, it is one of the best parts of the entire series for me.

I would say The Wastelands.

How old are you?
Just a bit younger than tamez, I will turn 33 a little later this year.

Where are you from?
St. Louis, MO.

Do you have a nickname?
Not really...online I have always gone by pol.

Some of you guys I have gotten to know over the years and I certainly look forward to getting to know a lot more of you.

Patrick
05-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I was living in Campbell, CA and dating a woman in Seattle, WA. I needed something for the 775 mile drive north one weekend, so I stopped at the library for audiobooks. I already liked King, and I saw The Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three. I hadn't heard of them, so I checked out both. The first was read by King himself. Listened to them on the way up and on the way back.

Cuthbert.

What is your favorite Dark Tower book?
Wizard and Glass

How old are you?
just turned 42

Where are you from?
Northern California

do you have a nickname?
Not particularly. And my screenname everywhere is the same as this one.

Nerak
05-04-2007, 04:50 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? Saw the book mentioned in another one and had to find it!

Who is your favorite charcter? Oy!!!

What is your favorite book? Wizard N Glass

How old are you? 36

Where are you from? Born and bread in Mass, but living in NH

do you have a nickname? Bitch :arg:

Frunobulax
05-04-2007, 05:30 PM
My grandmother gave me the first three books because she didn't want them.

Oy!

In the series, if I had to choose, Book VII. Of all time?? Either Divine Comedy, The Jungle, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy trilogy, DT cycle, or one of 10000 others.

How old are you?
A wee lad of 18 years.

Where are you from?
Born and raised in CA. Now in Culver City.

do you have a nickname?
Fruno, Frun, Frunny, Fruney, Big F.
Matt.

Fall of Gilead
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Around seventh grade or so wanted to read a King book but not a scary one so I got Gunslinger.

Walter.

DT 7.

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Illinois.

do you have a nickname? werebat.

Frunobulax
05-04-2007, 05:56 PM
W00t! Werebat's here!

Jorge
05-04-2007, 06:10 PM

I only started reading King about 5 years ago. After Needful Things, I tried The Talisman, so naturally I read Black House after that. The references to the Dark Tower in there really intrigued me, so I decided to try the series.

Ooh, that's a tough choice. I'd have to say I'm the most fond of Eddie.

Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

19, just a wee young lad

Where are you from?

Originally an Iowan, but now I'm up in MN, currently in Moorhead right next to Fargo, ND.

do you have a nickname?

There are very many different things that people call me.

Aaron
05-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I was nineteen years old. A copy of The Wastelands came into my hands, which I devoured, and then a copy of The Gunlslinger right afterward. It was four years later that I was able to find copies of the other books, and I've been a DT fanatic ever since.

Probably Jake.

A toss up between The Wastelands and Wizard & Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Born in SLC, Utah; raised in the South; now living in Denver, CO

Do you have a nickname?
Many over the years. Online I have often been known as KrimsonReaper.

Rjeso
05-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I have a friend who is a King fan and knew that I had enjoyed all the SK books I had read in the past. He asked me if I'd tried the Dark Tower series yet. I told him I hadn't, he gaped at me, then proceeded to order me to read them. I picked up DT1 and gave it a go. I didn't get very far the first time. Last year I gave it another shot and loved it.

This is such a harsh question. So harsh. However, you can't force me to pick just one, so Roland and Jake for me, thanks.

Drawing of the Three and Wizard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Do you have a nickname?
Well, my name's Laura, as some of you know. I'll answer to juuust about anything, though. ;)

Frunobulax
05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
So, Ploakohiud, how are you doing?

ZoNeSeeK
05-04-2007, 07:11 PM

I was given the Gunslinger as a present when i was about 13 and read it but didnt really get into it a huge amount, and it wasn't til about 10 years after that when I saw the first 4 books available and grabbed TDoT which definitely sucked me right in so I went back and re-read the Gunslinger and then went from there. I've always thought the first book is kind of like a little test after that :P

Jake, its always good to see kids kicking ass.

The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Perth, Australia

do you have a nickname?

Nope not really (besides online handle), and my name is Josh for those who dont know :)

Rjeso
05-04-2007, 07:14 PM
So, Ploakohiud, how are you doing?

Rather well, thanks.

Frunobulax
05-04-2007, 07:20 PM
:lol:
Glad to hear that.

Patrick
05-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I hope that after launch this thread gets moved to The Way Station forum in the Keystone Tower. :)

OchrisO
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
My dad had the first three when I was young, and I tried to read them because I liked the covers, but I was just too young for it. I was probably 9 years old. I read The Gunslinger a few years back and loved it, so I moved on to The Drawing of the Three, and absoloutely hated the lobstrosities scenes, and put the book down. Then, I met Erin at a party, and being the big nerds taht we are, we started talking about books, and she convinced me to give it another shot. I pushed past the lobstrosities, and loved all of the rest of the books.

Eddie, Destiny's Fool. I have a tattoo on my right calf of the Ka symbol with Ka-Mai written under it.

What is your favorite book? Wolves of the Calla

How old are you? 28

Where are you from? Richmond, Ky

do you have a nickname? No. Nothing that anyone calls me to my face anyway. haha.

Telynn
05-04-2007, 08:58 PM

I had read The Talisman a long time ago and heard about The Gunslinger series. It wasn't until several years ago that I actually started on them.

Roland (drool), but after that Oy.

The drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Younger than Randall Flagg, but older then Patrick. (43)

Where are you from?

Born and raised in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

do you have a nickname?

No, but my screen name is a combo of my first and middle names, Teresa Lynn

sarah
05-04-2007, 09:23 PM
yay! thanks for all the posts. :rose:

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I hope that after launch this thread gets moved to The Way Station forum in the Keystone Tower. :)
:unsure:

Aaron
05-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I think that is a great idea. We'll make it a priority to go through and take any threads that would be productive over onto the site before we archive this forum. It'll give us a good start, if nothing else.

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I totally agree. I think it would be a perfect way to get started.

Ruki
05-04-2007, 09:49 PM
a friend found out i was into stephen king and was going on and on about the gunslinger, she wouldn't let up and kept trying to force me into taking it home with me so i eventually gave in and read it.

today it's jake, but if you ask me tomorrow it could be someone else and if you asked me while i wasn't in the middle of listening to the series i'd say i can't pick just one.

it's hard to choose. maybe the drawing of the three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
burkburnett, tx

Do you have a nickname?
ruki is my nickname, lots of people online know me as zombie.

Erin
05-04-2007, 10:03 PM
I read my first King book (Cujo) when I was in 5th grade. I was immediately hooked, so then I picked up The Stand and became a lifelong fan. I read all King's books, except the Dark Tower. I was hesitant to begin because someone (obviously a crazy person) told me they were horrible and a waste of time. One night, however, I was bored and picked up The Gunslinger. A few pages in and there was no way I could ever put it down.

Eddie. I love me some Eddie. And Oy, of course.

Wizard and Glass, by far. Then probably The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Richmond, KY

Do you have a nickname?
When I lived in N.C, my friends used to call me ELK (my initials), but other than that, I haven't had a nickname in years. Online I just usually go by Erin. I'm boring. :lol:

jhanic
05-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone. A lot of you may know me from TDT.net (mainly in the Collector's Forums there). I'm a long-time King reader and collector. I began to read King when Carrie first came out in paperback. I started collecting the hardcovers with Firestarter. I have all King's works that have been published and some that have not been officially published. I collect, of course. I am trying to specialize in the King proofs, both US and UK. I have almost 100 now. I also have most of the signed limited editions. Yes, I am a King fanatic!

John

Randall Flagg
05-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Welcome John. Good to see you here.
As far as SK proofs go, I'd bet John has one of the top 5 collections in the world.

jhanic
05-05-2007, 03:59 PM
<Blush>

John

jhanic
05-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I've been thinking about it and I don't think I rate in the top 5. Maybe the top 25, though. I know a number of people who have equivalent or better collections of proofs than I, and I'm sure there are others out there that don't post on any of the boards.

Just trying to clear things up.

John

Randall Flagg
05-05-2007, 06:54 PM
John,
until proven otherwise, I stand by my statement.
You are humble, and that is a great attribute-however, you have a collection of proofs that is the envy of many, and the possession of few.

Brice
05-06-2007, 03:46 AM
Hi everyone. A lot of you may know me from TDT.net (mainly in the Collector's Forums there). I'm a long-time King reader and collector. I began to read King when Carrie first came out in paperback. I started collecting the hardcovers with Firestarter. I have all King's works that have been published and some that have not been officially published. I collect, of course. I am trying to specialize in the King proofs, both US and UK. I have almost 100 now. I also have most of the signed limited editions. Yes, I am a King fanatic!

John

Welcome John! It's good to have you here. :)

Bethany
05-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Welcome John. I'm the one that throws the dust jackets away, dog ears the pages, drops books in the tub and pretty much desectates them in every way imagainable. :lol:

sarah
05-06-2007, 09:40 AM
what? :onfire: bethany, i am outraged and sad :cry:

Nerak
05-06-2007, 10:21 AM

John

{{{{{{{{{john}}}}}}}}}}

Welcome!!!

NeedfulKings
05-06-2007, 10:33 AM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? Just rifled through my SK books and stumbled across The Gunslinger that I had started reading years earlier and never finished...I read it, then 2 and 3 back to back and was hooked!

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland

What is your favorite book? DotT followed by Waste Lands. That's "today's" answer! Ask me again tomorrow and it likely will have changed. I love every one for different reasons.

How old are you? 40

Where are you from? Oregon

do you have a nickname? Just Bill. :)

Odetta
05-06-2007, 11:57 AM
An ex-boyfriend introduced me to the Dark TOwer books... at least he was good for something! ;)

I love Eddie and Detta - NOT Susannah, Detta!

I haven't decided... I think the last one.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Oh, Canada!

do you have a nickname?
everyone calls me Odetta or Detta

Candice Dionysus
05-06-2007, 03:47 PM
My brother got me into it. ^^;; He's younger than I am.

Jake or Callahan. I mean, I also love Cuthbert, too.

Can you believe it? Its The Dark Tower.

How old are you?
I'll be 19 in July. <3

Where are you from?
Ontario, Canada.

do you have a nickname?
You can call me Can, or Little Princess, and I sometimes go by Riyo, or Winny.
Never call me Candi/Candy.

:rose:

jhanic
05-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome John. I'm the one that throws the dust jackets away, dog ears the pages, drops books in the tub and pretty much desectates them in every way imagainable. :lol:

Blasphemy!!! :rolleyes:

(Actually, I have reading copies of most of King's books, and those get very well worn. I've actually gone through two paperback copies of the Uncut Stand. I now have an inexpensive hardcover of that one for a reading copy!)

John

Matt
05-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, you have to have one of both. My copy of the Concordance my parents got me is already looking rough. :lol:

Hannah
05-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Finally, someone who does what I do. Aaron is slowly converting me to a collector mentality, but I still buy and use books solely for my reading pleasure.

Brice
05-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Blasphemy!!! :rolleyes:

(Actually, I have reading copies of most of King's books, and those get very well worn. I've actually gone through two paperback copies of the Uncut Stand. I now have an inexpensive hardcover of that one for a reading copy!)

John

No, I think you would really call it blashemy that I actually read my limiteds (although I do so extremely carefully).

wizardsrainbow
05-07-2007, 03:57 AM
After discovering SK through The Stand (still my favorite yarn), I happened upon The Gunslinger and immediately fell in love with Roland and Jake.

Jake

Wizard & Glass with out a doubt

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Born in Des Moines Iowa, spent half my life in the Midwest, but now an East Coast snob since 1984. Live in CT, commute daily to NYC.

do you have a nickname?
Wiz or Wizard

Jorge
05-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Hooray for people born in Iowa! :cyclops:

Grillslinger
05-07-2007, 06:11 AM
I reluctantly started the Gunslinger after finding a used copy...I was instantly hooked!

Well, Roland!

Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Irving, TX

do you have a nickname?
Only online!

Rjeso
05-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Hooray for people born in Iowa! :cyclops:

Right on. Ankeny represent!

jhanic
05-07-2007, 08:12 AM
No, I think you would really call it blashemy that I actually read my limiteds (although I do so extremely carefully).

No, that's not blasphemy--I've read some of my s/l items too, when they are the only publication (such as the original Eyes of the Dragon and The New Lieutenant's Rap). I'm really careful too, but some of them DO get read!

John

Randall Flagg
05-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Great to see Wiz here (someone more senior than I:dance: ).

Ari_Racing
05-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Hello people.
I've just registered and...well..here are my details:

You mean the saga or the website?
The saga: As a fan of Stephen King, almost 12 years ago I picked up a copy of The Drawing of the three in spanish and well...I purchased the three available volumes.
If you mean the website, I saw the post at darktower.net one week ago. :)

Hard to pick just one. I guess Roland and Eddie Dean

It's hard to pick just one, since I consider the whole saga as just one book. But the one I enjoyed the most is Wizard and Glass.
Now..talking about the rest of SK Books, I gotta pick two. The Dead Zone and IT

How old are you?
27....and counting.

Where are you from?
Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

do you have a nickname?
Everyone calls me Ari (my name is Ariel). But I'm a boy! :D In Argentina "Ariel" is used for Boys.

Erin
05-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi Ari! I'd love to visit Argentina some day.

You know, The Dead Zone is one of my favorite King books as well, but for somereason I always forget about it when listing my favorites of his.

Welcome to the site by the way!

Ari_Racing
05-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Hello Erin! :)
Thank you very much for the message.
Hope you visit us someday!
I've a trip to USA scheduled for 2008. :)

Take care!

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Welcome to all new people!!

That Joking White Guy
05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I read SK for most of my life because my mom did but she never read the gunslinger books because she thought they were "westerns", after reading through most of SK's other books I decided to give this one a try when I saw it available at my school library.

That's hard to say, but I'll go with Roland. I really liked Eddie, especially for his comic relief but Roland definitely has that mystique as a character that King set out to create for him.

The Wolves of Calla. Basically because I really liked Father Callahan's story.

How old are you?
I recently turned 20.

Where are you from?
Central New York.

do you have a nickname?
Not really, no nickname anyone tried to give me in the past has really stuck. Typically I just get variants of "Richard", my first name for those who don't know

sai delgado
05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
How did you discover the dark tower?
My knew I liked Stephen King and she bought me Wolves of the Calla for xmas once, so I ended up buying the first 4 so that I could actually read the 5th!

Who is your favourite character?
Um...I don't know, I like them all

What is your favourite book?
Wizard and Glass, I liked the whole love story between Susan and Roland. And reading more about Cuthbert.

How old are you?
17, 18 in a few weeks.

Where are you from?
Little place called Lincolnshire in England

Do you have a nickname?
Call me Stef ^^

Rjeso
05-07-2007, 12:23 PM
(Or Sted.)

sai delgado
05-07-2007, 12:28 PM
you got linda callin me sted too :nana: meanie :P

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Or Wolfie.

Rjeso
05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm aware.

:evil:

sai delgado
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
haha
and yes i like wolfie too :wub:

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, are you now?? :P

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Well, Wolfie is a close relative to the fox which also works as an adjective describing Wolfie.

Letti
05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Stef! :rose:

wizardsrainbow
05-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Hello people.
I've just registered

Well Hello Ari!!! Nice to see you here. Welcome

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Cool! Ari's here! Collectors will soon be joining...

sai delgado
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
hi there letti :P
fox? me? nay fruno, i fear you have the wrong lady :lol: (perhaps)

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Nah, methinks you're wrong. Or crazy, maybe.

towerguard
05-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, I started reading King in Highschool but avoided the Dark Tower series because I thought it sounded dumb (I hated western type things) and anyone who knows me I'm a big "assume you'll hate something before giving it a try" type of guy. I started running out of King books to read and finally picked up The Gunslinger. I was hooked
Who is your favorite charcter? Cuthbert, I wish he had a bigger part in the story.

Probably book 4

How old are you?
21 next week
Where are you from?
Illinois
do you have a nickname?
Around these parts it's tg.

ZoNeSeeK
05-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Welcome everyone :)

TG: 21 next week? awesome, do you have anything big planned?

LadyGan
05-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Where are you from?
Irving, TX

Yay, another Texan!:dance:

Brice
05-07-2007, 11:08 PM
No, that's not blasphemy--I've read some of my s/l items too, when they are the only publication (such as the original Eyes of the Dragon and The New Lieutenant's Rap). I'm really careful too, but some of them DO get read!

John

I believe the only one of mine that has anything that isn't in the cheaper version is my 1/200 20th Century Ghost by Joe Hill.

Is there additional material in the original EotD?

I read the ones I have cheap copies of too but, only once.

sai delgado
05-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Well, I started reading King in Highschool but avoided the Dark Tower series because I thought it sounded dumb (I hated western type things) and anyone who knows me I'm a big "assume you'll hate something before giving it a try" type of guy. I started running out of King books to read and finally picked up The Gunslinger. I was hooked
Who is your favorite charcter? Cuthbert, I wish he had a bigger part in the story.

Probably book 4

How old are you?
21 next week
Where are you from?
Illinois
do you have a nickname?
Around these parts it's tg.

or ronnie :P

towerguard
05-08-2007, 04:24 AM
or ronnie :P

no no, that would be my actual name, not a nickname, ;) . But I've thought of another nickname I have.
One of my former bosses used to call me "Ronnie Danger" because I got into alot of trouble and caused alot of messes just by being in the area for no real reason or fault of my own.

Steve
05-08-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Name's Steve. But you might know me as ADA Randall Flagg from DT.net.

Brice
05-08-2007, 06:17 AM
It's good to have you here Steve.

Welcome to all the new people I've missed also.

Steve
05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey Brice, what's the haps?

Brice
05-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Not a whole lot man! Just enjoying the day off from work. :rock:

Matt
05-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Hey Steve, I was wondering how to match your sign up with something familiar.

Its great to have you here.

Steve
05-08-2007, 06:22 AM
Thanks, Matt. Good to be here. Now where's the schnapps?

jhanic
05-08-2007, 08:16 AM
I believe the only one of mine that has anything that isn't in the cheaper version is my 1/200 20th Century Ghost by Joe Hill.

Is there additional material in the original EotD?

I read the ones I have cheap copies of too but, only once.

The two editions (the Philtrum Press original and the trade edition from Viking) have a number of textual differences. The main reason I read the limited edition was that it came out in 1984, while the trade didn't get issued until 1987. When I first got the limited, there was no indication that a trade edition would ever be published.

John

Brice
05-08-2007, 08:26 AM
The two editions (the Philtrum Press original and the trade edition from Viking) have a number of textual differences. The main reason I read the limited edition was that it came out in 1984, while the trade didn't get issued until 1987. When I first got the limited, there was no indication that a trade edition would ever be published.

John

Thanks! I knew about both editions. I just didn't know about the textual differences. Would you say they are significant enough to warrant getting the original to read?

Steve
05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I agree: what differences can be found?

jhanic
05-08-2007, 10:09 AM
This is from Rocky Woods, et al's "The Complete Guide to the Works of Stephen King":

"King's Philtrum Press first published "Eyes of the Dragon" in 1984 in a Limited Edition of 1250. The Mass Market edition, published in 1987, contains important differences in the text, including Character changes and an entire chapter that was not included in the Mass Market edition."

What Rocky meant to say was that the Mass Market edition has an entire chapter that was not included in the Limited.

I would say that it is worthwhile to get the limited to see just what was changed. The changes are not as drastic as those between the original Stand and the Uncut Stand, though, and don't really affect the story at all. (For example, one of the changes is in the color of the dog. In the Limited, the dog is all white, while in the Mass Market edition, it is white and black.)

John

sarajean
05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?my uncle james gave me a copy of the gunslinger the summer i turned 9.

Who is your favorite character? i can't say that i have a favourite. not jake and not oy, though, that's for sure.

What is your favorite book? of the dark tower? drawing of the three. of other things? probably something by philip k dick.

How old are you? 27 for another month.

Where are you from? i currently live in southern california.

do you have a nickname? sj

Jorge
05-08-2007, 03:50 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower?my uncle james gave me a copy of the gunslinger the summer i turned 9.

So, you've been acquainted with the series about ten years then?

[/blatant attempt at flattery]

sarajean
05-08-2007, 04:00 PM

it would have been better if i hadn't said how old i was right below it, silly.

Erin
05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Who is your favorite character? i can't say that i have a favourite. not jake and not oy, though, that's for sure.

What don't you like about Oy? I agree about Jake, i've never been to fond of him, but I do get a kick out of Oy.

Jorge
05-08-2007, 04:17 PM

it would have been better if i hadn't said how old i was right below it, silly.

Ah, yes... touche :P

Jon
05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello

Jon
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
OOps..is my sig throwing the page setting off?

Rjeso
05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Nope, the page width is always off.

Good to see you over here. Nice av. ;)

Matt
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Really? Not mine on any computer I look at.

Welcome Jon, you sig looks fine to me.

Patrick
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Jon, Welcome!

Don't forget to answer the questions in the first post, please. :)

Rjeso
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, not by much, but it's always off for me. It only cuts off the dark background on the right, so it's not like I can't read all of the posts without scrolling over or anything.

Mike Beck
05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
First I have to say hi to Ronald. Hi Ron! Missed ya, buddy.

ok.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I had already been into SK's books, and when I was 12 I took the Gunslinger on a plane trip to Italy. I was immediately sucked in to that world. Scrambled to find the other books at the library when i got back. At that point, Wastelands had come out fairly recently. And it was just getting better and better.

Who is your favorite character? Mr. Eddie Dean, yessir.

What is your favorite book? Drawing of the Three is special to me.

How old are you? 27

Where are you from? CT, USA

do you have a nickname? ....milk.

towerguard
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
First I have to say hi to Ronald. Hi Ron! Missed ya, buddy.

What the shit!?
I thought you died in a space war. :borg:

Mike Beck
05-09-2007, 05:43 PM
no i survived. it's a long story. filled with tears, emotion. ...long story.

long and painful. like being raped with a broom handle or a rifle. except the metal of the gun is tears and splintering of the broom handle is loss. i was raped by tears and loss, Ron.

i do feel a little better now. how are you?

OchrisO
05-09-2007, 05:48 PM
very vivid metaphors

Jon
05-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I forgot to answer the questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I got really drunk one night and someone gave me this tiny piece of paper and told me to place it on my tongue. I saw many amazing things that night. There were pirates doing tax returns, kitty cats doing pedicures and something about a sheep I'd rather not talk about. I began to ramble on and on about how not ALL catfish were agents of the F.B.I. but I could tell the ones who were. I began to chant over and over "I am son of black dinger" untill a friend decided I need to chill out so he gave me a placidyl. (always a good idea to mix drugs eh?) I ran from them all. "and I ran, I ran both night and day...I couldn't get away" - (Flock of seagulls). My flight took me across the desert on a horse with no name... no one followed. Somehow I found myself in the school library where I picked up a copy of The Stand. I was enthralled. Then one of my hallucinations said "If you like that...B-b-baby you ain't seen nothing yet." here is that author's new book The Gunslinger. (this was the early 80s where the book first came out and the blotter was still good.) From there I was hooked...and I couldn't stop reading the series either. LOL

Flagg by far!

The Stand

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Indiana

do you have a nickname?

nope

ZoNeSeeK
05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh Jon, if i were female, id ask you to marry me.

:)

Jon
05-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Enough acid, Zone, and you'd never notice!:thumbsup:

ZoNeSeeK
05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
or perhaps i should have said if you were female

now my post sounds a little strange :)

Jon
05-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah man...we'd better just let this drop. LOL

ZoNeSeeK
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
The weather is nice at the moment.

towerguard
05-09-2007, 11:17 PM
no i survived. it's a long story. filled with tears, emotion. ...long story.

long and painful. like being raped with a broom handle or a rifle. except the metal of the gun is tears and splintering of the broom handle is loss. i was raped by tears and loss, Ron.

i do feel a little better now. how are you?

I'm about the same, except less like rape, and more actual rape, but not me...so..pretty great. :pirate:

Jean
05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
welcome Jon!!!

blaineworshipper
05-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Stef / saidelgado recommended it to me

errrr I dunno. Like most of them.

Can't make my mind up between The Wastelands or WIzard and Glass.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Lincolnshire, England

Do you have a nickname?
Nicknames...Kim (which I like), Kimbo, Kimbob (which I hate), and thanks to one of my friends, I am getting called Slapdish Kimfish (never EVER call me that!!)

Matt
05-10-2007, 05:57 AM
:rofl: "Slapdish Kimfish". I won't use it but you have to admit, its pretty damn funny.

Great to meet you, welcome to the site.

Rjeso
05-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Yay, Kim's here. Most excellent.

sai delgado
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
hahahaha
SLAPDISH KIMFISH!!!
now i WONDER who made that up :rofl:
and look-the banana smiley is here too :nana: dancin to the slapdish tune

Cutter
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Hello All, again. I thought I did this before, lol. Looks like the first thread has been removed. Anyway, glad to be here and glad to see some familiar faces like Wiz, John, Ari, Needful Kings and the rest from the collectors forums over on DT.net (I know I've forgot some, sorry). And a special thanks to RF for inviting me!

Anyway I thought I would answer the questions.

Well, I started with King with Pet Semetary, and I was buying every King book when they came out in the 80’s. I bought the Gunslinger when it was released in paperback for the first time.

Obviously Roland, he’s got that Clint Eastwood in him, that I just love.

Surprisingly, The Wastelands. I found it really cool when we came across the first city from old, and we saw how it had deteriorated into madness. Also we found some of the old people and we first saw how they respected The Gunslingers of old. I think this book really answered some questions I had at the time and I was very pleased. And I really like the mystery about Blane and the cliffhanger at the end, where you yell shit! No way you can’t stop here!

How old are you?

Where are you from?

US, Ohio

do you have a nickname?

Gus, by my old high school friends, it’s from my childhood and derived from my last name when everyone tried to shorten Guthrie.

:rose:

i just had to use the rose again, lol

Matt
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey Guthrie. Great to have you here.

We're the same age :D

<--just turned the big 38 here recently

Cutter
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey Guthrie. Great to have you here.

We're the same age :D

<--just turned the big 38 here recently

And your thinking about how your now almost 40, just like me, eh?

lol

EDIT: btw, thanks for the welcome Matt!

Matt
05-10-2007, 05:12 PM
exactly :cool: <--for instance, I really need to quit smoking soon.

The_Nameless
05-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello, everyone!

I used to be Roland_Delgado over at tdt.net. The real name is Daniel. You don't have to call me by my real name.

Now for the quiz:

Through my mother. She is one of the biggest King fans I have ever met. She has just about everyone of his books and stories around here somewhere.
Well, I had heard her and my brother talking about the series for years, and one day I finally decided to just pick up the first book and see what I was missing. Well, needless to say, really, I was missing quite a bit. I breezed through the first book in a couple of nights, and after that, I was hooked. I was luck enough to be able to read all seven books, along with Little Sisters, back-to-back.

Roland is my first favourite; Walter - or whatever you want to call him - is my second.

It is between The Gunslinger and Wizard & Glass

How old are you?
I am twenty.

Where are you from?
Florida. Born and raised.

Do you have a nickname?
Not that I am aware of. Although, a friend of mine used to call me Captain. She'd put a different name after Captain everytime.

Jean
05-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Welcome Daniel, it's great to see you here!

Glam Princess
05-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I have been too busy for anything...so now seems like a great time to join something else!!:thumbsup: (BTW...Kris from TDT.net)

someone suggested it to me.

Hmmmm, Main Character is Eddie (I think, for this minute anyway)
Minor Character Sheemie!!

W&G!! (Of Course)

How old are you?
33 yrs old!!

Where are you from?
Topeka, KS

do you have a nickname?
just Kris.
It was ED in college, but that was a long time ago!!

Jean
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Kris!!!

welcome my love!

Glam Princess
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Kris!!!

welcome my love!
you couldn't keep me away sweetheart!!
the different look of things will take me a bit to adjust to...but if you are here, that I feel I belong here too!!
:huglove:

The_Nameless
05-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Welcome Daniel, it's great to see you here!

Thank you, Jean! It feels good to be here and see so many familiar faces. I've even seen some I haven't seen in some time.

It is going to take me a while to get familiar with the new look and lay-out. I can't wait!

I have noticed that the On Writing section is bare. I hope this changes soon.

Mayhap this is a sign to get my self in gear.

Glam Princess
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Thank you, Jean! It feels good to be here and see so many familiar faces. I've even seen some I haven't seen in some time.

It is going to take me a while to get familiar with the new look and lay-out. I can't wait!

I have noticed that the On Writing section is bare. I hope this changes soon.

Mayhap this is a sign to get my self in gear.

Yes..please share with us!!

Patrick
05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Welcome!

This thread makes me happy. :)

The_Nameless
05-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes..please share with us!!

I'd love to. But there is only one problem: I don't have anything to share. I haven't been able to write anything new in some time now ( a few months), and the only stuff I have is older.

Glam Princess
05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Welcome!

This thread makes me happy. :)
Obviously this is where all the handsome and brilliant men are!!
Such good company tonight!!
:rock:

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
<------ familiar face

The_Nameless
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
<------ familiar face

Welcome! I was wondering when you'd show up! (Or have you been here before?)

LadyHitchhiker
05-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Hmmmmm... am I that forgetable? I didn't think I was...

ZoNeSeeK
05-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi and welcome all newcomers

sai delgado
05-10-2007, 11:28 PM
well if it aint liz ;)
hi thar

Bethany
05-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Welcome to everyone that has joined since the last time I said that. :P

LadyHitchhiker
05-11-2007, 03:59 AM
LaStef?!?!?! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

ManOfWesternesse
05-11-2007, 04:00 AM
Phew!.. made it!:thumbsup:
Hello all. Nice to be here.

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 04:05 AM
and brian too

hey there beanie :P

you posing in your av there :nana:

LadyHitchhiker
05-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Brian!! :D

ManOfWesternesse
05-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi Stef & Liz.

OK - had'nt seen the questions at first:-

On a bookshelf back in the early 80's - having already read Carrie and The Lot

Roland.

Overall? - LotR. King / DT - WaG.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Sligo, NW coast of Ireland.

Do you have a nickname?
Nope :ninja:

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
its BEANIE :rofl:

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
i know your secret!!! :lol:
evil arent i? :evil:

Matt
05-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Hello everyone and welcome to the dt.com. Its really great to have you all here and I love seeing new faces.

The board is a little bit different format but once you get used to it, it's really easy.

Like a Mac compared to PC. :lol:

ManOfWesternesse
05-11-2007, 04:23 AM
i know your secret!!! :lol:
evil arent i? :evil:

NoNoNoNoNo, that ain't me. UhhhHuhhhhh, No way!
That was made up by the evil post-editing David!:angry:

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 04:24 AM
david is sat right next to me oblivious to what you just said :lol:

sai blaine
05-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Stef attacked me with the wastelands :dance:

Modred

:ninja: A Game Of Thrones

How old are you?

Where are you from?
London, UK

do you have a nickname?
No :orely:

alinda
05-11-2007, 04:26 AM
good morning all

sai blaine
05-11-2007, 04:27 AM
NoNoNoNoNo, that ain't me. UhhhHuhhhhh, No way!
That was made up by the evil post-editing David!:angry:
BEANIE!!!!!! :cyclops:

Jean
05-11-2007, 04:29 AM
welcome Brian and sai blaine!

Jean
05-11-2007, 04:32 AM
welcome Lady Linda!

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 04:32 AM
*runs in and hugs jean*

Matt
05-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Wow, this is amazing. Welcome everyone. I hope that we can all walk the path together for a while.

The forum is in development right now so you are really looking at a brand new little baby.

We have accomplished a lot here in 10 days and its only getting better.

8 days to official launch!! :rock:

alinda
05-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Hello all my friends, how are you all?:dance:

alinda
05-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Too good to be here and see all of you and were not up and running yet?
Only thing I am at work and will have to hide 2 DT sites while posting :LOL:

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 04:59 AM
hi thar linda

ManOfWesternesse
05-11-2007, 05:20 AM
BEANIE!!!!!! :cyclops:

OK, who let him in?...huh???
*contemplates leaving again*
Nah!, I'll stick it out for a while.:cool: Hi David!

Hi Jean, great to see ya here.
Hi Linda.

sai delgado
05-11-2007, 05:22 AM
he invited himself :lol:
i had nothing to do with it, it was gregs fault

Rjeso
05-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Hey, we were told to hit up the rest of the regular Palaverites, so I imagine there was quite the influx of PMs yesterday in people's inboxes, heh.

Good to see y'all over here, peeps.

That's right, I said "peeps."

Matt
05-11-2007, 05:56 AM
I think its great. People who have devoted time and energy to this series should be before the totally "general" public.

We hope to have all of them someday too. :rock:

Rjeso
05-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Oh, we will. We will.

:ninja:

ETA: Woo, it's actually called 'ninja' over here. Praise Gan.

ManOfWesternesse
05-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Hiya Laura.
No, no PM's or anything here. Monte asked today in Palaver if I'd been here yet, and I did'nt even know 'here' existed yet!:nope:

Rjeso
05-11-2007, 05:59 AM
I thought I'd seen you over here... huh. Which is why I didn't send you one. :sorry:

sai blaine
05-11-2007, 05:59 AM
:lol: Stef told me....

Matt
05-11-2007, 06:13 AM
Hiya Laura.
No, no PM's or anything here. Monte asked today in Palaver if I'd been here yet, and I did'nt even know 'here' existed yet!:nope:

I am just glad to see you now. I figured with it being so close we should go for a "soft launch" with everyone we could.

I thought the old "word of mouth" approach was better than an official announcement over there. :cyclops:

I want you guys to know that this idea has been in hard planning for about 6 months now, in the back of my mind for years.

We are not competition at all, just a different look at a very wonderful set of books.

sai blaine
05-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Hiya Laura.
Same brian :lol: ><

Rjeso
05-11-2007, 06:20 AM
What? I sent one.

This is so off-topic it isn't funny. You wanna fight, punk? Bring it to PM. :P

sai blaine
05-11-2007, 06:21 AM
What? I sent one.

This is so off-topic it isn't funny. You wanna fight, punk? Bring it to PM. :P
No really i didnt laura....:orely:

Plus you already got a PM lol

Graham19
05-11-2007, 07:42 AM
:ninja: :unsure: Eh...Hello? ... My name is Graham and I like beer!

Matt
05-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Hey Graham, nice to see you here.

Rjeso
05-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Heh, nice introduction. Try the questions next time. :P

Graham19
05-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Hi Matt. Life for your crop, Sai. Site looks awsome. Didn't know about it till Rjeso pm'd me last night. What's the deal?

Graham19
05-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Heh, nice introduction. Try the questions next time. :P

What more do you need? :huglove:

Randall Flagg
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Hello Graham. Welcome.
I like beer too.
My favorite:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3545/drakesipa12ozzw5.gif

Rjeso
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Thar be questions on the first page of the thread, yar. :pirate:

Good to see you here, dude. :couple:

Fall of Gilead
05-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Woo hoo!! Welcome Palaverites!! :ninja:

Graham19
05-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Thar be questions on the first page of the thread, yar. :pirate:

Good to see you here, dude. :couple:

Ok ok! Here goes.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Heard the first chapter on a sample from Audible and was hooked.

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland.

What is your favorite book? The Gunslinger. Simply coz it's where my wheel started turning.

How old are you? 33

Where are you from? England

do you have a nickname? Grayo - but only my Ma & Da call me that really.

It's nice to see some familiar faces and nice to meet a few new ones too.

All things serve the Beam!

Graham19
05-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Hile Foggy!

Matt
05-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi Matt. Life for your crop, Sai. Site looks awsome. Didn't know about it till Rjeso pm'd me last night. What's the deal?

I LOVE "life for your crop"--what a cool greeting.

Glad you made it over, I have been trying to be politically...ummm...delicate on outright inviting folks. I hate to piss of the establishment. :lol:

I just have to hope word of mouth will reach folks. :borg:

Patrick
05-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Welcome new members! It's good to see some vaguely familiar names, I look forward to getting to know you all better over here.

jhanic
05-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I just realized I didn't answer the standard questions!

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Read the Gunslinger stories in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction when they first came out. (I had a subscription.)

Who is your favorite charcter? Eddie.

What is your favorite book? The Drawing of the Three. It shows some REAL innovations!

How old are you? 62

Where are you from? Cleveland, Ohio area

do you have a nickname? I did as a kid, but I hated it. It will remain a secret.

John

Jean
05-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I just realized I didn't answer the standard questions!

I just realized the same....

I had read a lot of King by that time. I didn't like The Gunslinger (and still don't), so I might never have known now great it all was, if I hadn't been in hospital when my best friend brought the books to me, and if he hadn't brought both Book 1 and Book 2. I fell in love with the DT because of Book 2.

Who is your favorite character? Major character: Susannah. Minor character: Callahan. Villain: Blaine the Mono. And Roland stands alone.

What is your favorite book? I can't say. Even if we choose only of the DT books, they are three: The Drawing, The Waste Lands, and Wolves. (If I had to chose one, it would be Wolves)

How old are you? 42

Where are you from? St.Petersburg (formerly Leningrad, formerly Petrograd, originally St.Petersburg), Russia (formerly Soviet Union, originally Russia...)

do you have a nickname: No, but, since I am a bear, you're welcome to use any ursine word.

Jon
05-12-2007, 05:33 AM
I see Linda, Liz, and Rjeso.

**Swoons**

Matt
05-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Am I invisible? :lol:

Morning Jon

alinda
05-12-2007, 08:13 AM
I havent answered any of the questions either, lets see if I can remember ...

1st DT book was sugested by a friend Arthur, I asked to read the whole series....he was hooked already, and lent the books to me, I started to buy them (paperback) and have loved them all so much.I now have replaced the papaerbacks ...but still have them of course.

Favorite Character would be Roland, followed closely by Jake & Oy

Favorite Book. Thats difficult to say, DoTT I guess.

How old: 52 in July

I am from Philadelphia Pa.

Nickname:"Pants" just lately thanks to my yo-tet!!:doh:

"Hi Jon":huglove:

Letti
05-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Welcome here lovely Linda. :rose:

LadyHitchhiker
05-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Hello Laura

Letti
05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
:rose: Liz! :rose:

LadyHitchhiker
05-12-2007, 04:20 PM
How did you discover the Dark Tower? I stole it from my sister's room.

Who is your favorite charcter? Eddie/Oy. Can't choose.

What is your favorite book? Drawing of the Three.

How old are you? 25

Where are you from? Originally I was born in Louisiana, but I've lived most of my life in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

do you have a nickname? Yes. Many. Princess Peepee Pants, Princess Peapod, Lizard my Gizard, Black Betty, Stoney, Crimson Queen, L7, Slappy Franklin, Pornbot, Cardboard Tiger, Kaiser of Catfood, oh and that's all I got right now but I know there's more that I've had before.

LadyHitchhiker
05-12-2007, 04:20 PM
LETTI!

The_Nameless
05-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello and welcome all who've joined since I was last here.

VolsToTheWall
05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I believe it was '87 when I first found The Gunslinger at the library, and I've been hooked ever since.

Roland

Wizard & Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
I currently reside in Virginia, but I was born in Tennessee, and lived the majority of my years there. My blood will run forever orange, even if the majority of my family are VA Tech fans hehe. ;)

Do you have a nickname?
No, but I am The Ageless Stranger from dot net. This is my usual net alias, so I decided to switch to it here.

Jean
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
welcome VolsToTheWall!

Rjeso
05-12-2007, 09:54 PM
It's Ageless!

Yo. :P

VolsToTheWall
05-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Greetings and say thankya. :thumbsup:

Letti
05-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Welcome welcome dear friends. :rose:

Randall Flagg
05-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Hile, Gunslinger to volstothewalls, and alinda.

Brice
05-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Welcome all! :grouphug:

Patrick
05-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you all here. :)

MonteGss
05-14-2007, 03:21 AM
My first post. Hi to everyone who knows me.
Hi, I'm Monte for those that don't.

sai delgado
05-14-2007, 03:29 AM
wondered when you were gonna show up :huglove:

MonteGss
05-14-2007, 03:32 AM
wondered when you were gonna show up :huglove:

Stef...:huglove: :wub: :wub:

sai delgado
05-14-2007, 03:48 AM
:blush:

Jean
05-14-2007, 04:09 AM
welcome Monte!

Brice
05-14-2007, 04:20 AM
Hi Monte! :)

I hope you enjoy the site.

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Welcome Monte ;p

Matt
05-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Hey Monte, welcome to tdt.com

Rjeso
05-14-2007, 09:31 AM
My first post. Hi to everyone who knows me.
Hi, I'm Monte for those that don't.

Geez, finally. :P

alinda
05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi I finally found you all !!
Hi Laura, and Monte,
now if I can fix the time
I'll be alright I think

Jean
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
now if I can fix the time
I'll be alright I think

1. Look at the toolbar at the top of the page
2. Click on User CP
3. There'll be a list of links on the left side of the page
4. Go to Edit Options
5. Scroll down to Date & Time Options
6. Choose your Time Zone!

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Patrick
05-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi Monte and Linda, Welcome!

Letti
05-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Monte! :rose: Would you like a tea or something? :rose:

Steve
05-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Hey dudes!

MonteGss
05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Laura, Letti, Jean Linda!
Hey there!

I'd love some tea...as long as it has a shot of liquor in it. :)

I'm trying to understand the navigation of this new site...it's a little different.

Steve
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
What's shakin?

Letti
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Laura, Letti, Jean Linda!
Hey there!

1. I'd love some tea...as long as it has a shot of liquor in it. :)

2. I'm trying to understand the navigation of this new site...it's a little different.

1. If you wish I can put beer into it, as well. ;)

2. Let's try it together. :D
If you have any questions... let me know. :rose:

Bethany
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Howdy new people!

ErinPatricia
05-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Welcome guys!
Glad to have you here!

Awww lookit our little site...its growing up :lol:

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I have a request. If you are also a member of DTnet and you have chosen a new username for yourself at this site, maybe you could share that as well?
Obviously you don't have to if you'd rather have two identities...

I'm Monte in this site and the other. :)

Matt
05-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I was/am Rio Frio on dt.net. :D

jhanic
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm jhanic just about everywhere!

John

Letti
05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm jhanic just about everywhere!

John

Welcome John. :rose:

Bethany
05-16-2007, 02:59 PM
When I show up at .net, I'm veronicagrogan.

Lyssa in the Sky
05-16-2007, 03:15 PM
when I was seven my father read the gunslinger to me every night for about a month, I love my dad's bedtime stories

roland, duh, why doesn't everyone else favor him? is it too obvious to be cool?

wolves of the calla and dt7

How old are you?
22, 23 soon...buy me presents!

Where are you from?
Chitizzle fo shizzle....

do you have a nickname?
Lyssa, Penny, Almighty Mistress of the Multiverse

ZoNeSeeK
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
*sends large, furry bats at Penny*

Wander
05-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome myself to the site. I--and thus you as well--may or may not know me. However, that is entirely unimportant. All that matters is that I'm here now and wasn't yesterday. Welcome, Wander, may your time here be as long or as short as you like.

Matt
05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Hmmm...interesting introduction Wander. Welcome to the site.

sarah
05-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi wander. I hope your time here is enjoyable.

Jean
05-16-2007, 08:22 PM
welcome Lyssa in the Sky!

Jean
05-16-2007, 08:24 PM
welcome Wander! at last you're here, where is Molly?

Wander
05-17-2007, 03:04 AM
She has an account and intends to fill it out and post a bit tomorrow. ~_^

Brice
05-17-2007, 06:22 AM
I have a request. If you are also a member of DTnet and you have chosen a new username for yourself at this site, maybe you could share that as well?
Obviously you don't have to if you'd rather have two identities...

I'm Monte in this site and the other. :)

quiddityquest (used most often)
reeferslinger (a dead tdt.netter whose id I inherited)
adumbros (my younger brother but I used his account sometimes)
One of the Stephen King's
One of the Richard Bachman's
Charlie Decker
and I also used an account of someone else's Mandy some.

I "believe" that's all the names I've ever used there. Most people know me by the quiddityquest id. Now, I use my real name (Brice) pretty much everywhere. The only exception being tdt cause I don't want to bother Josh about something as small as changing it.

Brice
05-17-2007, 06:25 AM
When I show up at .net, I'm veronicagrogan.

but it is never often enough anymore that you show up. :huglove:

Brice
05-17-2007, 06:27 AM
It's good to see you here Wesley. :)

Letti
05-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Welcome wonderful people. :rose:

Baradin
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Started reading King with IT, then moved on to the Stand and I always saw the Gunslinger, but dismissed it as King's attempt at a western. Classic case of "Judging a Book by it's cover". Finally started to read it because there were no new King books out at the time, and the rest as they say is history.

Wow so many to choose from, but I'm gonna hafta say Cuthbert. We share a similar taste in Humour.

What is your favorite book? Dark Tower and overall King
Dark Tower Book: The Drawing of the Three
Over All King: Man.. It's a tie betwixt IT and The Stand (uncut)

How old are you?

32 cycles (in earth time thats a quadrillion bazillion years)

Where are you from?

Originally the third arm of the Spiral Galaxy. But nowadays I claim to be from Canada as no one suspects a wierdo canadian of anything other than being Canadian.

Do you have a nickname?

Sorta. Baradin is actually one, and "J" is the other.

MonteGss
05-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Welcome new members! :)

Bethany
05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Baradin made it over!

Brice
05-18-2007, 08:02 AM
It's good to have you here Baradin! :)

Odetta
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
is that a Calgary Flames jersey I see in your av Baradin?

Baradin
05-18-2007, 04:52 PM
is that a Calgary Flames jersey I see in your av Baradin?

Indeed it is. The proud uniform of my Mighty Warriors (thanks Tiger LOL)

Maera
05-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Hii.
I'm Molly.. Maeralyn here and on TDT.net..
Lurvely to be here. ^__^

Rjeso
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Wander! Maer!

Hiya :D

MonteGss
05-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Nice seeing you here maeralyn. :)

Matt
05-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Hii.
I'm Molly.. Maeralyn here and on TDT.net..
Lurvely to be here. ^__^

Hi Molly, great to have you.

Welcome to Julien Walden as well.

Jean
05-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome Molly!

Frunobulax
05-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Jon's here!! W00t w00t!!

And hello to all those other new peoples!

Frunobulax
05-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Monte AND Molly, too! Damn, this place is gonna be awesome.

MonteGss
05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
;)

wizardsrainbow
05-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Welcome to some familiar faces and to some new ones!!!