PDA

View Full Version : The Authority

OchrisO
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I've finally got around to reading some of this,despite the fact that it has been out for ages. I'm on Volume 1 issue #18 with vold 2 and 3 and the specials waiting on me. All I can say is WOW. I can't believe that I never picked this series up before. It is absolutely amazing.

Erin
08-14-2007, 03:38 PM
What's it about?

OchrisO
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
It is basically about a super hero team in the wildstorm universe that decides that the world leaders of Earth aren't running things well enough, and not doing enough to protect the people, so they basically show up and say "We are watching" and oit progresses form there. It is really good.

Arthur Heath
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Well this thread is 10 days old, but I'm new, so I missed this conversation. Better late than never.
Ochris0, if you like The Authority you should try out Warren Ellis' Planetary. This is also very good, as is anything else he has written. Orbiter is a great one shot graphic novel also.

OchrisO
08-24-2007, 03:56 PM
No worries about being late. I'm glad when more people respond at any time.

I've read PLanetary as well. It was great. I also picked up the first issue of his new book, Black Summer, which looks promising, despite the rehashing of the President stuff from The Authority.

I'm a pretty big Elllis fan in general. Transmetropolitan is pretty amazing as well.

Arthur Heath
08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Have you checked out his novel Crooked Little Vein? It shows even a darker, dirtier side to his writing. Very much like Chuck Palahniuk. Are you a Garth Ennis fan also? Have you read Preacher?

OchrisO
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I've not read that. I'll have to look into it.

Preacher is very high in my top 5 comic series, probably #2 behind Neil Gaiman's Sandman. I love Garth Ennis.