PDA

View Full Version : Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Randall Flagg
12-19-2008, 06:49 AM
From January 1, 2009-May 19, 2009 Dtbay will be used exclusively to auction items for our fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation.
This thread will be for members to post their collectible(s) for sale during that period.
On May 20th, 2009 this thread will be closed and moved to the clearing.
The same general rules as Dtbay apply here.

Edit: Members have requested this thread be continued as an informal way to sell and buy.

Note: "The intent of this thread is for book collectors to post items related to book collecting, with a primary focus on, but not limited to the world of Stephen King."
May 6, 2012: The following rules are immediately in effect:

The Collectible Classifieds thread is not to be used for a debate about whether or not to sell an item or a collection.
The Collectible Classifieds thread is intended to notify members of a personal sale(s). This thread is not to advertise the sale of other people's books-just you the member selling an item or two.
Whining, maudlin posts, and or pleading are strictly forbidden.
Questioning, or criticizing a sale price is considered rude.

Sell or buy; but no crying. There are other threads to lament.
Ebay sales should be mentioned in the Ebay thread.

wizardsrainbow
12-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks to you and Matt for this.

To put everyone on notice:
I will have several books for sale after Xmas.

bast_imret
12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
looking forward to your offering Wiz! Thanks for stepping up!

e_taylor
01-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Alright folks, I've got some CGC'd DT comics to sell.

The Gunslinger Guidebook rated at 9.6
&
The End World Almanac rated at 9.8

As for the price, all I'm asking is $17 (I want to grab normal copies to replace these in my collections and that seems the cheapest I can get them with shipping) + the shipping cost which will be anywhere from $15 to $20 + a $20 donation to the Haven Foundation Fund Raiser.

So basically $52 - $57 for these two CGC'd books including shipping, with $20 of that going to a great cause!

So..... who wants 'em?

e_taylor
01-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Alright folks, I've got some CGC'd DT comics to sell.

The Gunslinger Guidebook rated at 9.6
&
The End World Almanac rated at 9.8

As for the price, all I'm asking is $17 (I want to grab normal copies to replace these in my collections and that seems the cheapest I can get them with shipping) + the shipping cost which will be anywhere from $15 to $20 + a $20 donation to the Haven Foundation Fund Raiser.

So basically $52 - $57 for these two CGC'd books including shipping, with $20 of that going to a great cause!

So..... who wants 'em?

I'm heading to work shortly, but when I get home I'm going to put these up on eBay and just donate $20 of the proceeds myself. If you were on the fence and want these, PM me in the next 10 hours!

e_taylor
01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290286895813

I have just listed the above CGC'd comics on eBay. I will be donating the first $25 to the Haven Foundation Fund Raiser. If the winner ends up being someone from the site, they can feel free to confirm that with Matt.

Patrick
01-03-2009, 04:52 PM
It's nice of you to make that donation from the sale, Eric. Good luck!

Chooch
01-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Eric,

Excellent Idea....nice offering

e_taylor
01-04-2009, 06:53 AM
And it sold already! Wow!

Not sure if it was anyone here, but I decided to donate $55 of the sale price instead. :rock:

Randall Flagg
01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
That is very generous of you.

Patrick
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
:rock: You're a good man, Eric.

turtlex
01-05-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm not surprised the CGCs sold that quickly. Eric was offering a good price and the Almanac CGC'd is sort of hard to find.

VERY cool of you to offer money to the Big Give! Very cool, indeed.

Matt
01-05-2009, 09:25 AM
And it sold already! Wow!

Not sure if it was anyone here, but I decided to donate $55 of the sale price instead. :rock:

I saw that out there Eric, thank you so much for the donation. That was really amazing. :clap:

Cutter
01-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Well I'll post my UK First Editions again. One day they'll go up on eBay, as I've tried here and they didn't sell, but I'm in no hurry. I would rather that they go to a King collector that appreciates them than a book seller or whoever on eBay. So they'll sit here for a while to see if there's a buyer.

Price is still $700. And no I will not break up the set. Sorry.

Here's the list:
The Shinning
Firestarter
Cujo
Christine
Pet Sematary
The Eyes of the Dragon
Misery
The Tommyknockers
The Stand - Complete and Uncut
Needful Things
Gerald's Game
Dolores Claiborne
Insomnia
Desperation
Bag of Bones
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Dreamcatcher
Cell
Duma Key
Wizard and Glass (book club, only harcover edition)
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower
Black House (black cover, signed by Straub)
Black House (white cover)
Skeleton Crew
Four Past Midnight
Nightmares & Dreamscapes
Hearts In Atlantis
Everything's Eventual
Thinner (with King book ribon)
The Regulators
Blaze
Umney's Last Case (short story)

btw, a lot of those early books have printing's of 10 or 20 thousand, which is much smaller than the US printings.

gsvec
01-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey, Geoff - any idea how much shipping within the US would be?

Cutter
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey, Geoff - any idea how much shipping within the US would be?
media mail $20

skeebo4
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this post, but I wanted to let you all know that I have a original Gunslinger for sale on ebay, item# 190278439976. Fairly priced with no reserve. This book has been very special to me, and its a shame to have to let it go, I can only hope it ends up in the right hands.

Patrick
01-06-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this post, but I wanted to let you all know that I have a original Gunslinger for sale on ebay, item# 190278439976. Fairly priced with no reserve. This book has been very special to me, and its a shame to have to let it go, I can only hope it ends up in the right hands.
Hi skeebo, I'll move this post to the Collectible Classified thread. Sounds like you're a King fan and collector. Please feel free to stick around and join in the discussions, we're a friendly bunch for the most part.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I am changing my collection to Signed Lettered and Numbered Editions. Everything on this list (http://www.akyle.f2s.com)
is available to swap.

Gunkslinger
01-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Very ambitious, I also changed my King collection to just lettered and limiteds and I was only was mising a few when I decided to sell it all. Now I mainly collect small press lettered editions. Good luck!

herbertwest
01-12-2009, 02:57 PM
You got an amazing collec MrRabbitTrick : it's a shame you plan to swap it.
Hopefully you'll be able to keep it whole and getting SL/Lettereds :-)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I doubt it. I just don't like paperbacks. :(

alinda
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
*drops jaw* wow thats some list you have there , too bad I have such a meager collection, I see much I would like to have. Alas,I have nothing signed except the Jack Ketchum I won last year on this site. Great stuff.

Chooch
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Wery,wery nice Mr. Wabbit....fantastic collections. I would pursue the others but would not part with a single item there!

wizardsrainbow
01-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Clarification if you would sir....are you looking to do swaps only, or would you take cash for some items (to use the proceeds for the items you do want when the time comes)?

You have some very nice things to offer people.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-14-2009, 04:15 AM
This "Swap" offer I made has turned out to be a waste of time. Most of the offers I have received have been for stuff I already have. I don't think people actually read my "Wants List".

Wiz: Some members have offered to buy certain items, but I was only interested in swaps.

Chooch and Herb: You are both right. And thanks to you both.

I will seek councelling for my "paperback aversion" :)

I have been persauded to hang onto my collection as it is, and not break it up. I realise I would regret it later if I had swapped the rarest items. I will just add the lettered editions as they come onto the open market.

I think there will be a lot of rare items coming onto the open market this year, as the world's financial crisis deepens. I'm looking forward to getting some of them.

I've only been collection for 5 years so there is plenty of time for my collection to grow.

Looks like I will have to reinstate my "Collection" page.

herbertwest
01-14-2009, 07:58 AM
good luck anyway... and... you got a cashtree up in your garden, so am sure u'll be able to get lettered and SN :-)

Cutter
01-14-2009, 08:06 AM
This "Swap" offer I made has turned out to be a waste of time. Most of the offers I have received have been for stuff I already have. I don't think people actually read my "Wants List".

Wiz: Some members have offered to buy certain items, but I was only interested in swaps.

Chooch and Herb: You are both right. And thanks to you both.

I will seek councelling for my "paperback aversion" :)

I have been persauded to hang onto my collection as it is, and not break it up. I realise I would regret it later if I had swapped the rarest items. I will just add the lettered editions as they come onto the open market.

I think there will be a lot of rare items coming onto the open market this year, as the world's financial crisis deepens. I'm looking forward to getting some of them.

I've only been collection for 5 years so there is plenty of time for my collection to grow.

Looks like I will have to reinstate my "Collection" page.

Good call, even though I really had no choice because I just don't have the space, I have regretted selling all my duplicates, my proofs, my red faux leather book clubs, my gift and illustrator copies, etcetera. I still have a good collection, but where it used to take up 4 books shelves, it now hardly fills up two. I wish I had them back, but until I get a bigger house I don't have a choice.

Long winded, but the point is, yes I regretted it later.

Chooch
01-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Excellent choice Mr Rabbit...you will not have sellers remorse because of that. I had items I would love to have back but alas I sold them and now its time to pay the piper to get them back....:cry:

Patrick
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
:thumbsup: I'm glad to hear you have the option of keeping your collection, and that you have chosen to exercise that option.

Note:
Since the sell/trade side of the equation is now closed, we'll soon merge this thread into the King Books Wanted thread, as that half of the topic is still open. :)

Sam
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Best choice you could make dude. I sold my copy of Six Stories years ago because I needed the money, and I still wish I hadn't done it. I gave my copy of Desperation to a friend and I regret that too but only because she turned out to not be a friend after all. She had me snowed but good.

e_taylor
01-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi all -

I've decided to part with the UK 1sts in my collection due to space constraints and to focus on getting the remaining US 1sts to complete that side of my collection.

So... up for sale are the following UK 1st editions. All are 1st printings with properly price dust jackets (except Insomnia).

If interested please PM me with which books your interested in, your email address & what state you live in and I can send photos and a shipping quote. Might also be interested in trades!

Okay, heres the list:

The Dead Zone - $SOLD
Firestarter - $SOLD
Cujo - $50
Danse Macabre $SOLD
Different Seasons - $50
Pet Semetary - $SOLD
Skeleton Crew - $SOLD
Misery - $SOLD

The following for $10 (each):

Needful Things SOLD
Delores Claiborne SOLD
Insomnia SOLD
Desperation SOLD
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon SOLD
Hearts in Atlantis SOLD
On Writing SOLD
Dreamcatcher SOLD
Black House (white DJ) SOLD
From a Buick 8 SOLD
Faithful SOLD
Blaze SOLD

EDIT: Also have a copy of the Red Leather version of Night Shift.

e_taylor
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi all -

I've decided to part with the UK 1sts in my collection due to space constraints and to focus on getting the remaining US 1sts to complete that side of my collection.

So... up for sale are the following UK 1st editions. All are 1st printings with properly price dust jackets (except Insomnia).

If interested please PM me with which books your interested in, your email address & what state you live in and I can send photos and a shipping quote. Might also be interested in trades!

Okay, heres the list:

The Dead Zone - $100
Firestarter - $40
Cujo - $50
Danse Macabre $300-$350
Different Seasons - $50
Pet Semetary - $40
Skeleton Crew - $40
Misery - $30

The following for $10 (each):

Needful Things
Delores Claiborne
Insomnia
Desperation
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Hearts in Atlantis
On Writing
Dreamcatcher
Black House (white DJ)
From a Buick 8
Faithful
Blaze

EDIT: Also have a copy of the Red Leather version of Night Shift.

Bumping due to adding prices for these. Prices aren't overly firm, more so ballpark figures.

Earth's Militant Mind
01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/storefront/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sellerID=APW5YTAP8CDGD

I've listed some of the items I am getting rid of on Amazon(link above). The items are marked up to account for fees shipping, ect... If anyone is interested PM me an offer and we can negotiate or feel free to pay the Amazon price(lol).

Anyway, I wil be adding more in the next week or two when I have time. Thanks,

e_taylor
01-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I have only five of the UK 1sts left:

Dead Zone - nf/nf - $100
Firestarter - nf/nf - $40
Cujo - f/f - $50
Different Seasons - nf/nf - $50
Skeleton Crew - nf/nf - $40

Or, all five for $250 shipped (within North America).

e_taylor
01-24-2009, 05:35 PM
As per Jerome's suggestion, the following is now up for sale:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hg653s.jpg

It has lightly tanned pages, a faint bump to bottom corner and some light edge wear. The proceeds of this will go to the Haven Foundation Fundraiser. If interested, shoot me a PM with an offer that includes shipping, by lets say Friday morning at 9AM EST. I'll ship it out to the "highest bidder" and the balance will be donated. :thumbsup:

Also, I've moved my remaining UK 1sts to eBay, for those interested: http://shop.ebay.ca/merchant/9692erict

Matt
01-26-2009, 10:52 AM
What a wonderful thing to do, thank you so much. :grouphug:

batsker
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I will be listing several books on ebay in the next couple of weeks. Thought I'd give anyone here a crack at them first. All are in excellent condition. There is a very small chip in the box for the Stand. PM me and I'll send you a pic if you're interested. I'm willing to be a bit flexible, but only for you guys! I want these to go to a good home. I'll cover shipping and insurance.

Stand S/L #122 $1700 Sold

Green Mile S/L #110 $950

I'm selling these DTs now, because I've decided I'm going to save up for a matched set down the road, so no need to keep these around.
(make me a fair offer)

DT2 Author's Copy
DT3 #664
DT7 #1425, 1499

tippy4
02-03-2009, 07:02 AM
I have a signed copy of JUST AFTER SUNSET on its way to me.

I am asking $190 for it.

$40 of that asking price will be donated to this website's Haven Foundation Fundraiser.

PM me for details.

Matt
02-03-2009, 07:37 AM
How cool is that? :rock:

Thanks Tippy!

e_taylor
02-04-2009, 06:22 AM
I've got several of the more scarce "Stephen King Library" red leather editions available for sale. Many more on the way as I replace them, but for now:

Night Shift (not overly scarce) SOLD
Bag of Bones (yes turtlesong, another edition of Bag of Bones!)
Hearts in Atlantis
Desperation
Nightmares and Dreamscapes (not overly scarce) SOLD
Rose Madder (not overly scarce) SOLD
Delores Clairborne (not overly scarce) SOLD
Dreamcatcher (VERY scarce)
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (VERY VERY scarce!)

The last three are scarcely seen on the secondary market. PM me for condition, price, etc.

Ves'Ka Gan
02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
T/song is out of (online) contact for a little while--but if I get her on the phone I'll let her know you've got it!

e_taylor
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
T/song is out of (online) contact for a little while--but if I get her on the phone I'll let her know you've got it!

Ahh thats too bad. I was just kidding, but if she wants it, I've got it!

Chooch
02-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Hey everyone, Im selling my Castle Rock News. I have 43... June-Nov '85, complete '86, complete '87,complete '88 missing only June '88, and Jan-Mar '89. They are in the usual condition. No rips or tears. Some have no label while others have a label or label resedue. I want to give people here the chance before I put them on Ebay. $50 of price will go to the Haven foundation. $258.00 for all (thats $6 ea) includes shipping and sorry wont seperate. PM if interested......

e_taylor
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Moved a few of the red leather titles to eBay - my ID is 9692erict if anyone wants to buy/ best offer.

e_taylor
02-08-2009, 03:03 PM
After long thought, I have decided to part with my copy of Dolan's Cadillac (#811).

$325 shipped (within North America). Has a few very minor flaws. PM me if interested and I can send some photos, etc.

EDIT: or follow this link http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290295119562

Randall Flagg
02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
That is a very good price.

e_taylor
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
After long thought, I have decided to part with my copy of Dolan's Cadillac (#811).

$325 shipped (within North America). Has a few very minor flaws. PM me if interested and I can send some photos, etc.

EDIT: or follow this link http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290295119562

If anyone from this site is interested PM me - I'll do $300 shipped for members of tdt.com!

namelessnpoor
02-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Wasn't sure if we were supposed t be using DTBay or not since the fundraiser is going on. I though i read somewhere that we were not supposed to. Have some books i need to unload, could use some extra money right now.
I will also make a donation to the fundraiser based on what, if anything, i sell
here is the list, make offers on anything you see !!

US FIRST EDITIONS

Talisman
Duma Key
Pet Sematary
Faithful
Regulators
Desperation
Secret Windows
On Writing
Green Mile paperback in a slipcase
Lisey's Story
Dark Tower 5 (5 copies)
Dark Tower 6
Dark Tower 7
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Nightmares in the Sky

The Gunslinger 3rd edition $100 shipped and insured

DT 1-3 Grant set in slip case still shrink wrapped $150 shipped and insured

Bare Bones first edition
Bare Bones S/L w/ hologram on cover of book Both books for $115 shipped and insured

e_taylor
02-22-2009, 04:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290298140618

Lot of two of those Stephen King Library Books - bag of Bones and Desperation, for what I think is a pretty decent opening bid!:panic:

namelessnpoor
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I would just like to take a second of eeryones time and say something here. Please don't get offended, just a note on courtesy. 3 times now i have had people from the site contact me about books i listed to sell. Never got paid the first time ( this was a DTbay auction that the person actually won), even after repeated emails and doing my best to be understanding and cooperative. Recently i had someone contact me, tell me they wanted the book and would paypal me right away. I packaged eveyrhting up to ship and then the emailed me and said they found it cheaper from someone else on the site and no longer wanted my book. I was polite and said no big deal and let it go. Now they just contacted me again, agreed to buy 3 books from me, paid me alreadyand i was aboutt o shiop the books tomorrow, because once again i already packed them all up and now they email me and let me know they misunderstood what my book was, and they found it cheaper somewhere else.

This is realy frustrating and rude in my opinion, if you agree to buy somethig then you have made a contract, granted there are no enforcable rules here like ebay but people should consider it the same type of thing. We are all supposed to be somewhat of a family here. If you don't really want the book don't waste peoples time.

Makes me wonder if we shouldn't do away with any type of sales onthe site.
Sorry if i offended anyone, i did not mention any names on purpose, so there is no reason for anyone to know who they were, i really just wanted this to be a reminder on how to treat deals between each other.

thanks for your time and i welcome any comments !

Rusty

Matt
02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Dang Rusty, I am really sorry that has happened to you. I've been walking around in a world where I thought everyone always followed through with sales stuff.

Certainly my experience is that I have always been paid in a timely manner.

I'm not sure how to handle the situation, we could certainly use existing functionality on the board to track this kind of thing but I'm not sure how much it would help from the sellers side.

Very sorry it happened though--I do believe once a committment is made, it should be followed through with. I'm that way about everything.

jhanic
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM
I agree. Do your due diligence FIRST. Then fulfill your contract. It's the honorable thing.

Rusty, was it the same person who stiffed you both times?

John

namelessnpoor
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah, its actually been 3 times, with 2 people the last person did it twice inthe last 2 months or so. We have exchanged some not so pleasant emails, today and he just sent me one, using great language and nice names and threatened to to make sure it was told all over this site, i will leave it up to him to decide if he wants to put his self out there, i won't mention his name yet, but if he does trash talk me i will post a copy of all the emails we have exchanged and let everyone decide for them selves.
I know i am not on here as much any more and i do miss it but family takes a lot of time with a new baby, i hope no one sees me as just a seller (profit maker as i was called today) I rarely make a ny thingon books i sell
Rusty

Matt
02-25-2009, 02:05 PM
We don't feel that way Rusty and you are welcome to stop by as much as possible.

I do hope it can be resolved but let me know if you need me to get involved somehow...

e_taylor
02-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't say trash anyone, but realistically, as you say, tdt.com is like a tight knit family. Word will get around and people will avoid sales with members if they are a problem.

I don't really think stopping sales on the site is the best idea, as there are tons of us that do everything properly both buying and selling and by avoiding eBay we can save each other a fair amount!

That said, I hope everything can be worked out. :thumbsup:

Also, as I'm sure many of us can, I can attest to Rusty being a great guy and a great seller!

Matt
02-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't really think stopping sales on the site is the best idea, as there are tons of us that do everything properly both buying and selling and by avoiding eBay we can save each other a fair amount!

I totally agree and we will not stop selling on this site. Anytime someone can conduct a fee free transaction...its one more chance to stick it to Ebay. :lol:

The vast majority of transactions are smooth as silk I believe. My 20 auctions in the last two months have gone down without a hitch.

namelessnpoor
02-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree, we should keep selling, I was just annoyed and upset. I am sure i was a bit more rude than i needed to be in my emails, but hopefully it will end here, i don't plan on responding to any more emails or sending anymore about it. Hopefully he can let it go, he got his money back. Just call it a learning experience, and move along.
thanks again for the kind words and support, I miss it around here, i need t try and be a bit more active again !! The baby takes up so much time though !!!!!!!

Dolan
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Wow... that really sucks. I am so grateful to anyone and everyone who has ever helped me or anyone else in finding a book. Its like you have many friends looking out for you.

Personally, I would love to know who it was. Fair warning to the rest of us. I dont see it as anything other than buyer/seller beware... but thats just me.

gsvec
02-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Agree with all the above posts (except posting the member's name - not sure it's the right thing to do unless he/she does it again - I say let sleeping dogs lie) - and congrats on the baby, Rusty! :D

Room 217 Caretaker
02-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Wow... that really sucks. I am so grateful to anyone and everyone who has ever helped me or anyone else in finding a book. Its like you have many friends looking out for you.

Personally, I would love to know who it was. Fair warning to the rest of us. I dont see it as anything other than buyer/seller beware... but thats just me.

Very true Dolan. I've been helped by so many here. It feels like visiting and sharing with family each visit here. But, with family also comes some bumps in the road. The issue wasn't with me but I'm not sure anyone's name should be posted. That's between the two members.

:grouphug: everyone

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

oy-the-brave
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I think the person should be named, there is a lot of trust based actions going on at this site and if someone is breaking the trust everyone should know. How would it be any different than feedback on ebay?

e_taylor
02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
I think the person should be named, there is a lot of trust based actions going on at this site and if someone is breaking the trust everyone should know. How would it be any different than feedback on ebay?

I both agree and disagree. You make a valid point, however its still unfair to "call out" another member. Maybe those interested parties should PM Rusty? It just doesn't seem in the interests of the community as a whole to cause more strife or ostracize another member (I know thats not the intent, but it would be the effect of naming names).

Earth's Militant Mind
02-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Can't we all just get along? Really though I have made some great deals with a few people on this site and would trust anyone here more than I would ebay. That being said I won't mail something unless I've already been paid and although it may be inconvienient would let them cancel up until the time I ship it(usually the next day). After that they bought it and if they don't want it they can sell it unless they have some valid reason (which I would make sure before I made the deal there would not be) to return it. It's just the price of doing business.

wizardsrainbow
02-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Rusty-

Am sorry you have had troubled with a wishy-washy member of this site. I agree that naming names and such would only hurt the site. If it is really a serious matter or becomes abusive behind the scenes, I'd take let site management step in (just ask Matt, me, Jerome, Patrick or Karen, among others).

Randall Flagg
02-26-2009, 07:16 AM
While I presume Rusty to honest and truthful, we have heard his side only. Without hearing the other side Rusty got burned. That being said, unless the other person comes forth on their own, I am not sure naming them now would be beneficial.

namelessnpoor
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
I have no intention of publicly naming anyone, i was merely putting a little note out there to let others know to try and be fair and honest with who your dealing with, this is all trust based, we have no legal legs to fall back on as with ebay or any other auction site. I have done numerous deals with people on here, buying selling and even trading book for book with no problems at all. As was stated earlier there are always bumps in the road, i was just disappointed because it happened twice with the same person, i let it go the first time with out a word.
With that said i am prepared to let it go, i don't wish to name them in the open and i don't wish to cause any problems on the site. 99.9 % of the members here are honest and trustworthy people.

Chooch
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Rusty...sorry to hear about the issue. You are taking the high road (as everyone else has also said) about not giving out the persons name. Now that the situation is out and others know about it, the less likely the other person will continue to flip-flop on deals and it also shows that even in our small community ,that like a family, things happen but some wont be tolerated.

See my signature below v v v

Also BIG congrates on the new collector.....

Randall Flagg
02-26-2009, 01:41 PM
I have no intention of publicly naming anyone, i was merely putting a little note out there to let others know to try and be fair and honest with who your dealing with, this is all trust based, we have no legal legs to fall back on as with ebay or any other auction site.

With that said i am prepared to let it go, i don't wish to name them in the open and i don't wish to cause any problems on the site. 99.9 % of the members here are honest and trustworthy people.

I appreciate you voicing this and thank you.:grouphug:

Patrick
02-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey Rusty, glad to see you posting here (subject matter notwithstanding). I know that based on our past dealings, I would not hesitate to recommend you as trustworthy seller.

On the issue of price, there is always a range for every item. John said it above so clearly: "Do your due diligence FIRST. Then fulfill your contract. It's the honorable thing."

Congrats again on the baby!

- - -
[partial post moved to the Random Thoughts thread, follow up posts moved as well.]

PlayPhish
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Cleaning out the collection. I'll continue to add more items to the list as time goes on. All books are in Fine to Very Fine condition. Prices include shipping/insurance.
Part 1

$3000 Skeleton Crew Lettered
$3000 Danse Macabre Lettered
$2300 From A Buick 8 Lettered

Part 2

$800 Plant II Unsigned Proof
$800 Plant III Unsigned Proof
$1100 Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Signed/Limited

Part 3

$1000 Regulators Signed/Limited (Bump to corner of box)
$600 Secretary of Dreams Signed/Limited
$750 Eyes of the Dragon Signed/Limited

Matt
03-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow! Wish I had the money for those.

Hey PlayPhish, is there anyway you could ask Audrey if she is getting Matt's email concerning the fundraiser? I'm afraid they might be going todash for some reason.

PlayPhish
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll ask Matt. Supposed to go over there tonight to do some printing/stretching/framing.

Matt
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Woohoo!!

I'd appreciate it. Let her know we have plenty of time, I just wanted to make sure she was getting my little messages.

No pressure at all.

Cutter
03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Well I'm still trying to get rid of my lot of UK first editions. In fact it is now at $500. I have it up at eBay, so I'll provide the link.

To put this is perspective a UK Thinner with Ribbon just sold for $175, and I paid $300 for my UK The Shinning. So in essence you can get another 30 books for $25. It's at a ridiculous price, but these are ridiculous times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230328204695

Cutter
03-04-2009, 01:40 PM
btw, to Rusty I have had similar problems. One person won a DTBay item and never paid and another person asked me to buy a calender for them (from a book club site) which I did, and then never responded to my emails. Luckily someone else from this site bought it from me, so I didn't lose out.

It stinks, but what can you do?

Matt
03-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I would love it if DTbay non payment could be reported to me in the future you guys. :grouphug:

Darkmaniscoming
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
we're CLEARING OUT SOME NICE ARC'S AT REASONABLE PRICES:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387284849

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387286431

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387287807

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387288629

If anyone here wants to make a deal on any or all let me know.
thanks

(is this ok moderator?)

Matt
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
This is the place for stuff being sold, so looks good to me.

Merlin1958
03-06-2009, 12:13 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387284849

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387286431

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120387287807

thanks

(is this ok moderator?)

Hmmmmm Interesting. I'll PM you

Brice
03-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Well I'm still trying to get rid of my lot of UK first editions. In fact it is now at $500. I have it up at eBay, so I'll provide the link.

To put this is perspective a UK Thinner with Ribbon just sold for $175, and I paid $300 for my UK The Shinning. So in essence you can get another 30 books for $25. It's at a ridiculous price, but these are ridiculous times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230328204695

:o :o :o

Dude! Don't do that! That's crazy! I was gonna' PM you in two weeks to see if you still had them. If you recall I asked about them when you originally offered them. I get paid my bonus on the nineteenth. If you'll pull them off ebay and wait a couple weeks (and if you're willing to accept a money order) they are sold at the price you originally asked for.

Cutter
03-06-2009, 07:10 AM
I would love it if DTbay non payment could be reported to me in the future you guys. :grouphug:

I'll do that if it happens again Matt, but for the previous problems they were a while ago and forgotten.

Cutter
03-06-2009, 07:14 AM

:o :o :o

Dude! Don't do that! That's crazy! I was gonna' PM you in two weeks to see if you still had them. If you recall I asked about them when you originally offered them. I get paid my bonus on the nineteenth. If you'll pull them off ebay and wait a couple weeks (and if you're willing to accept a money order) they are sold at the price you originally asked for.

Done Brice, I pulled it. I have no problem waiting, and I would rather they went to someone from here over a bookseller or just anyone on eBay.

I've sent you a pm.

Brice
03-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Right on! :thumbsup:

batsker
03-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I've made a few changes to my collection recently, so I'm putting a few more S/Ls up for sale. Please let me know if you are interested. As I'm avoiding most fees, the prices are a bit flexible. As an added bonus, any book that sells for the price listed below, I will donate 10% of the sale price to the haven foundation fundraiser. That could add up to over $250!:rock:

Cujo #341 or #361(only selling one) $550 Sold

The Waste Lands #664 $350 Pending

Black House (w/ matching # $325(375)
Talisman/BH Gift Set #1225)

The Talisman #452 $550 Sold

The Green Mile #18 OR #110 $850($50 below issue price) Pending
Feel free to ask me any questions.

wizardsrainbow
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Those are pretty competitive prices. Good luck.

batsker
03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Those are pretty competitive prices. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm not looking to make money on them. Especially when you take out the 10% for the Haven Fdn. I just hope this can give a few new collectors a chance at picking up some S/Ls at a good price.

PlayPhish
03-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Added additional books for sale to post #71.

Just listing what comes to mind. Have quite a few others I'll have to dig out of storage.
Matching numbers DT III - VII, LSOE AE & S/L, Desperation also available. I haven't come-up with a price on them yet.

Patrick
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM

thanks
There is a TDT.com member who is fanatic for THE DARK HALF and might be interested in getting your ARC. Now I just need to remember which member it is... :orely:

Brice
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Ves Ka Gan

Patrick
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Cujo #341 or #361(only selling one) $550
This is tempting, but I'm trying to wait and get the SKELETON CREW S/L...

Thanks for donating 10% of your sales to the Haven Foundation. Very cool of you.

Patrick
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM

thanks
There is a TDT.com member who is fanatic for THE DARK HALF and might be interested in getting your ARC. Now I just need to remember which member it is... :orely:

Ves Ka Gan
That's right. Thanks, Brice. Darkman, you may want to shoot her a PM to check out this thread and that auction specifically.

batsker
03-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Thanks for donating 10% of your sales to the Haven Foundation. Very cool of you.

I know what you mean. I'm watching that one, and the copy of Green Mile too (even though I already have 2 copies). That might be too good a deal to pass up!

Darkmaniscoming
03-07-2009, 10:22 PM

thanks

Ves Ka Gan
That's right. Thanks, Brice. Darkman, you may want to shoot her a PM to check out this thread and that auction specifically.

Thanks I'm still trying to figure out all these little tricks, if i go looking for a member, I end up at some thread that needs watering, then i remember that the dog needs to be fed and of course then the post lady is at the door with a nice parcel. I then forget what I went to the kitchen for in the first place....It's much like real life here at tdt......

I would love the book to go to the right home, if anyone knows where that is....:panic:

Ves'Ka Gan
03-08-2009, 12:54 AM
thanks for he heads up, Patrick!

Unfortunately, the recession is hitting my little corner of the world in the way of too few hours on the job & too many repairs on my truck--but if for some wild reason that particular ARC goes unsold please let me know, as I am expecting my work situation to change in the next few weeks!

Randall Flagg
03-08-2009, 07:15 AM

I happen to have a spare one of those around here somewhere.:P

jhanic
03-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Isn't that the one you're using as a doorstop?? :P

John

batsker
03-08-2009, 10:22 AM

John

Those are so big, they make a good ironing board as well!

batsker
03-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I've made a few changes to my collection recently, so I'm putting a few more S/Ls up for sale. Please let me know if you are interested. As I'm avoiding most fees, the prices are a bit flexible. As an added bonus, any book that sells for the price listed below, I will donate 10% of the sale price to the haven foundation fundraiser. That could add up to over $250!:rock:

The Talisman #452 $550

So far that's at least $120 for the Haven FDN Fundraiser:rock:

Patrick
03-08-2009, 11:37 AM

I happen to have a spare one of those around here somewhere.:P

John
Those are so big, they make a good ironing board as well!
:doh: You guys are killing me.

:lol:

Dr. Dawg
03-08-2009, 11:44 PM

The Talisman #452 $550

Dang, waited to long to reply on The Waste Lands, let me know if the sale falls through for any reason... great prices btw!

e_taylor
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Hey guys, I've got some small press signed/limiteds up on eBay. My ID is 9692erict - check them out!

Patrick
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, I've got some small press signed/limiteds up on eBay. My ID is 9692erict - check them out!
This link (http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/9692erict_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZQQ_sop Z12) may help. :)

e_taylor
03-10-2009, 06:11 AM
This link (http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/9692erict_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZQQ_sop Z12) may help. :)

Thanks Patrick! Also, there will be some King stuff going up sometime this week!

Gris
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Wife gave me permission to spend some money again. I blew my last allowance on Eric's stack of UKs. Now it's time to fill in some US 1st/1st that I'm missing...

I'm posting here to save the hassle of looking on eBay and verify with people that the books aren't BCEs and are true 1st/1st. I'm hoping each will be comparable to the $4.01 most recent ones would be on eBay. Obviously some of the books listed are NOT cheap or abundent, but I just copy/pasted the list of the 1sts I'm missing.

Anyways, if anyone has spares of the following books, please let me know. again, only 1st/1st please. PM what you have and what you're asking.

Bag of Bones-Acquired
Carrie
Cycle of the Werewolf
The Dead Zone
Different Seasons
Dolores Claiborne-Acquired
Dreamcatcher-Acquired
Duma Key
Firestarter
Four Past Midnight-Acquired
Gunslinger
Just After Sunset: Stories
Lisey's Story-Acquired
Misery-Acquired
Night Shift
On Writing-Acquired
Pet Sematary
'Salem's Lot
The Shining
Skeleton Crew
The Stand: Complete & Uncut
Thinner
The Tommyknockers

Matt
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I have a 1st/1st of The Dead Zone up for auction in the next round after the current posted ones.

Ves'Ka Gan
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Bummer--I thought I had two 1st/1sts of Misery, but I just looked and my "spare" is actually a second printing...I will keep a lookout at my local used bookstores, if I see any of the ones you are missing.

e_taylor
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I could hook you up with some of those, but alas.... the shipping from here to there would likely make them too pricey.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Wife gave me permission to spend some money again.

How did you earn the Brownie Points? :orely:

Gris
03-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Wife gave me permission to spend some money again.

How did you earn the Brownie Points? :orely:

Obama stimulus plan gave me $2300 because I am a full time student in addition to regular full-time job as a software engineer and father.

Gris
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Bummer--I thought I had two 1st/1sts of Misery, but I just looked and my "spare" is actually a second printing...I will keep a lookout at my local used bookstores, if I see any of the ones you are missing.

I'd appreciate it! I'll keep the list updated as I aquire them.

Randall Flagg
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Wife gave me permission to spend some money again. I blew my last allowance on Eric's stack of UKs. Now it's time to fill in some US 1st/1st that I'm missing...

I'm posting here to save the hassle of looking on eBay and verify with people that the books aren't BCEs and are true 1st/1st. I'm hoping each will be comparable to the $4.01 most recent ones would be on eBay. Obviously some of the books listed are NOT cheap or abundent, but I just copy/pasted the list of the 1sts I'm missing.

Anyways, if anyone has spares of the following books, please let me know. again, only 1st/1st please. PM what you have and what you're asking.

Gunslinger
Bag of Bones
Carrie
Cycle of the Werewolf
The Dead Zone
Different Seasons
Dolores Claiborne
Dreamcatcher
Duma Key
Firestarter
Four Past Midnight
Just After Sunset: Stories
Lisey's Story
Misery
Night Shift
On Writing
Pet Sematary
'Salem's Lot
The Shining
Skeleton Crew
The Stand: Complete & Uncut
Thinner
The Tommyknockers

Other than Gunslinger, Cycle of The werewolf and Carrie, I could fulfill your wishes.

Gris
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks RF. I sent you a PM

Darkmaniscoming
03-12-2009, 10:08 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387284849

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387286431

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387287807

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387288629

thanks

turtlex
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387284849

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387286431

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387287807

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120387288629

thanks

I'm getting nothing but an error message on each of these.

jhanic
03-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Try this (one of the ARCs has already sold):

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&dfsp=2&satitle=stephen+king+advance&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sabfmts=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=hrhpromo&fsop=2%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

John

namelessnpoor
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
If anyone is interested in any of the following please IM me.
Tabitha King-- 4th printing of Candles Burning SIGNED
ARC of Caretakers SIGNED

Owen King-- 1st/1st of We're All in This Together 2 copies both SIGNED

Norman Partridge- Dark Harvest 2000 copy limited SIGNED limited edition

When Dark Descends #328 of 500 signed by Charles Grant, Thomas Monteleone and Gary Braunbeck

Roll Them Bones #566 of 750 copies David Niall Wilson SIGNED

Taking offers, and will consider trades, mainly looking for UK King 1st/1st's

thanks
Rusty

turtlex
03-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Try this (one of the ARCs has already sold):

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&dfsp=2&satitle=stephen+king+advance&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sabfmts=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=hrhpromo&fsop=2%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

John

Thanks, John, that worked !

PlayPhish
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Cleaning out the collection. I'll continue to add more items to the list as time goes on. All books are in Fine to Very Fine condition. Prices include shipping/insurance.
Part 1

$3000 Skeleton Crew Lettered
$3000 Danse Macabre Lettered
$2300 From A Buick 8 Lettered

Part 2

$800 Plant II Unsigned Proof
$800 Plant III Unsigned Proof
$1100 Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Signed/Limited

Part 3

$1000 Regulators Signed/Limited (Small bump to corner of box)
$600 Secretary of Dreams Signed/Limited
$750 Eyes of the Dragon Signed/Limited

Part 4

$525 Quietly Now Lettered
$1550 Secretary of Dreams I Lettered
$1550 Secretary of Dreams II Lettered
(Mindy will transfer ownership of my YET TO BE RELEASED copies. Come on folks, spin the big CD wheel! :wtf:

Matt
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow! That's some great stuff. Wish I could afford any of it. <sigh>

I hope someone here is able to take advantage of it. I would personally love that Eyes of the Dragon. :drool:

e_taylor
03-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Just a quick bump to mention that some of my items are ending later today, link in my signature. Also, this batch of fundraiser auctions are ending soon in DTbay!!

batsker
03-24-2009, 10:34 PM

Cujo #341 or #361(only selling one) $550 Sold

The Talisman #452 $550 Sold

Last book!!! The others went pretty quick. Grab it while you can. I'm leaving on my trip soon, so don't miss your chance.

blg
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Cleaning out some of the collection to make way for new purchases:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stbc9_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Most of the auctions end on Sunday night.

Randall Flagg
03-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Pretty decent prices on the Insomnia and Blackhouse S/l's

sleeplessdwarf
03-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree. If the bids don't come in I might tell the wife I would be happy with that copy of Insomnia for bday. The only thing more fitting than Carrie due to month/year published is the way I actually live life, as an insomniac :P

Randall Flagg
03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree. If the bids don't come in I might tell the wife I would be happy with that copy of Insomnia for bday. The only thing more fitting than Carrie due to month/year published is the way I actually live life, as an insomniac :P

Insomnia (S/L or Gift) is a much prettier book. It just isn't the first published King trade book.
I say enjoy one or the other, and be thankful you are in a position to do so.

RF

sleeplessdwarf
03-26-2009, 04:58 PM

Insomnia (S/L or Gift) is a much prettier book. It just isn't the first published King trade book.
I say enjoy one or the other, and be thankful you are in a position to do so.

RF

I agree totally Flagg. I do count myself lucky to even be considering such a purchase.

sleeplessdwarf
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM
And after very little thought, I can say that if the price stays around that area I will be buying it. Ofc I hope you get every penny you can and I will not be TOO sad if one of the guys here come along and scoop it up for more. I hope I am contacting you in 4 days 16 hours with a winning bid. Good luck to you.

Patrick
03-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Thinking about that unsigned limited of JAS as I neglected to order one...

e_taylor
03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Cleaning up my shelves and I have some of the more recent 1st editions available. I'm hoping I can help some collectors fill some holes! All are 1st/1st with properly priced jackets, and most are in fine/fine condition.

$5 Books:
Insomnia
Dark Half (2 copies)
Needful Things
Faithful
Cell
Gerald's Game
Rose Madder
Desperation
Regulators
Hearts in Atlantis
Blaze
From a Buick 8
Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Diary of Ellen Rimbauer
Journals of Eleanor Druse

$10 Books:
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
Dark Tower VII
Legends
Nightmares in the Sky
'Salems Lot Illustrated
Just After Sunset Collectors Set w/DVD

Shipping, as always, at cost. Coming from Canada it can be a bit pricey, but the more books in the shipment, the more the cost gets spread out and the less ridiculous it is. PM me if you need the exact condition of any books, or if you have any questions.

Heres hoping we can fill some holes! :grouphug:

Cutter
03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
$10 Books:

Somebody buy this quick. This sold out very fast, and made me very thankful I pre-ordered it. It's one heck of a deal at $10!

e_taylor
03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
$10 Books:

Somebody buy this quick. This sold out very fast, and made me very thankful I pre-ordered it. It's one heck of a deal at $10!

Its the US one, not UK. The US one isn't that rare is it?

Cutter
03-31-2009, 12:46 PM
$10 Books:

I was talking about the US one.

I do know they sold out very fast because I was considering picking up a second copy because you can't take out the DVD without destroying the package, and when I looked Amazon.com was no longer selling them. A couple of weeks maybe and they were gone.

but with the way eBay is going they might be selling for $10 now, as it's almost descended into a joke with prices. I have no idea?

e_taylor
03-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Cool! I knew it was the more collectible of the two editions, but I didn't know it was sold out. The DVD is still sealed on this copy btw. Thanks for the endorsement!

EDIT: Just took a look at completed listings, and one that didn't mention which edition it was sold for $6, while one that did for approx $15. So I guess $10 isn't too bad.

jhanic
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
According to my records, there were about 900,000 first edition, first printings of Just After Sunset, but only about 25,000 copies of the Collector's Edition. This is probably why it's so scarce.

John

Room 217 Caretaker
03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
According to my records, there were about 900,000 first edition, first printings of Just After Sunset, but only about 25,000 copies of the Collector's Edition. This is probably why it's so scarce.

John

Yes. 25,000 is correct. I only know of about 70 signed by King.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

turtlex
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Quick Question John and Ralph - Where do you find print run information? I've been looking for some on the Dark Tower / Stand Graphic Novels and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Quick Question John and Ralph - Where do you find print run information? I've been looking for some on the Dark Tower / Stand Graphic Novels and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

I got my info from the owner of Odyssey Bookshop where King did the Food Bank signing.

It might be hard to find out the print run of the Dark Tower or Stand Graphic Novels. It's my understanding they print to the order. Someone must know though.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
03-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Per the Odyssey website there were 25,000 compared to 1,250,000 standard trades.

The print run for the Collector's Edition was only 25,000, compared with 1.25 million for the regular edition, and we believe we have the only signed Collector's Edition available anywhere.
Link (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jerome/Desktop/kingorderform.html)

I think without at least one other confirming source any reference to it should say "purported".

Fsmdr
03-31-2009, 05:04 PM
$10 Books:

I was talking about the US one.

I do know they sold out very fast because I was considering picking up a second copy because you can't take out the DVD without destroying the package, and when I looked Amazon.com was no longer selling them. A couple of weeks maybe and they were gone.

but with the way eBay is going they might be selling for $10 now, as it's almost descended into a joke with prices. I have no idea?

Amazon still have them for sale:

Amazon.com: Just After Sunset: Stories (Collectors Set): Stephen King: Your Store

Room 217 Caretaker
03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Per the Odyssey website there were 25,000 compared to 1,250,000 standard trades.

The print run for the Collector's Edition was only 25,000, compared with 1.25 million for the regular edition, and we believe we have the only signed Collector's Edition available anywhere.
Link (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jerome/Desktop/kingorderform.html)

I think without at least one other confirming source any reference to it should say "purported".

Agreed on saying "purported"

I've tried to verify the print run myself but no response back through email.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

jhanic
03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
I also got my info on the Collector's Set from Odyssey. I think I got the info on the trade print run from Bev Vincent, but I could be mistaken. I know the original advertised print run was larger, but it was cut back.

Interesting that Amazon still has the Collector's set available. I've checked a number of the chain book stores in my area and all have it as unavailable from the publisher.

John

Cutter
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
I also got my info on the Collector's Set from Odyssey. I think I got the info on the trade print run from Bev Vincent, but I could be mistaken. I know the original advertised print run was larger, but it was cut back.

Interesting that Amazon still has the Collector's set available. I've checked a number of the chain book stores in my area and all have it as unavailable from the publisher.

John
Sometimes someone like Amazon will shut down sales if it's close to being sold out, in case of returns. They might have reopened sales after they knew they had more copies. Or, and I mean a big "or" it's a second printing.

wizardsrainbow
04-02-2009, 05:12 AM
****COMING SOON****

WIZARD'S SPRING CLEARANCE SALE

At least 30 books, some S/L's, some signed, some 1st trade editions

No previews offered by PM! List and prices will be posted within 5 days!

herbertwest
04-02-2009, 09:28 AM
MrRabbitTrick : here is your chance to upgrade your SL collection :-)

Matt
04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I must say, I'm pretty interested in seeing what comes of this.

I'm glad my kid is going to college, but this was a bad year for it. :lol:

sleeplessdwarf
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Cool. Counting the hours. Though my wife will likely say the 1k I have spent in two months is my limit for awhile.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-02-2009, 12:43 PM

Is there anything I do not have already?

Earth's Militant Mind
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM

Well for us less unfortunate then:dance: I'm certainly looking forward to this post :shoot: Mine, mine it's all miine :shoot:

Earth's Militant Mind
04-02-2009, 01:21 PM
:shoot: Mine, mine it's all miine :shoot:

this is my best Daffy Duck impression if you didn't know :lol:

herbertwest
04-03-2009, 03:50 AM

Apparently not. As i remember you just started your SL collection... :scared:

Do you hide fuel pipeline in your garden? :thumbsup:

wizardsrainbow
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Typing up my list now. Hopefully post it later today.

Ari_Racing
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Can't wait!! :)

wizardsrainbow
04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok everyone, here is the list and here are the rules:

(1) Books are priced but shipping cost will be added. To be fair to everyone, I will split shipping costs 50/50. I'd ship for free, but especially for my friends overseas, that would get rather expensive for me.

(2) As much as I would like to provide pictures, it would simply be a monumental task to send pictures to all those interested. As a facilitator on this site, people know where to find me (I won't disappear). Also, I've dealt with many of you before and you know that if you are not happy, I will do what I can to make you good.

(3) Please respond by PM only. If more than one person wants a particular book, the first to commit to buying gets it (PM's come in order of time).

(4) Be patient with me. I am on the site usually a couple times a day...less on weekends because of family stuff.

(5) I would like to commit to pledging a couple hundred $$ from the sales to The Haven Foundation fundraiser, but the level will depend on how much $$ I raise.

Can't think of anything else pertinent, so on to the list:

Wizard’s Spring Clearance Sale
(all books considered Fine/Fine unless flaws noted)

Salem’s Lot S/L #195 $900
Salem’s Lot Gift edition with Traycase $200
****SOLD***The Shining 1st edition Very Good- (bookplate inside cover) $100
Pet Semetary Proof (2nd state) $100
****SOLD****Cycle of the Werewolf 1st hardcover in aftermarket slipcase $175
(book is perfect; DJ is sun faded on spine, else Fine, no spots, will throw in another 1st edition Good+ copy in aftermarket slipcase free; slipcases worth $100 alone)

****SOLD****Talisman S/L #478 (books fine; slipcase somewhat soiled) $300
****SOLD****IT 3rd edition inscribed “For Bethany, All best wishes Stephen King dated 12/6/86 (book and DJ are NF) $100

Nightmares in the Sky 1st edition HC inscribed For Richard with best wishes, Stephen King 9/12/95 $200
****SOLD****Wastelands S/L #168 $400
Wastelands S/L #964 $400
Desperation S/L #310 $250
****SOLD****Desperation Gift Edition (no DJ or slipcase) $30
Wizard and Glass Grant ARC in shrinkwrap (no letter/prints) $75
(I have 5 copies for sale)

****SOLD****Blackhouse S/L #328 $250
From a Buick 8 Gift edition $150
Secretary of Dreams I ARC $100
****SOLD****Secretary of Dreams I Gift edition $50
****SOLD****Secretary of Dreams S/L #434 $300

****SOLD****999 S/L #417 $125
Quietly Now Lettered #PP $500
Transgressions ARC $75
Devil’s Wine Lettered # LL $450
Song of Susannah Grant ARC $75

DT VII Grant 1st trade sgn by Michael Whelan + eye doodle $50
****SOLD****Skeleton Crew S/L (Unsigned version; book appears fine; dust jacket has some foxing along edged and an erader head width loss of color at top of spine; slipcase has one modest ding top middle of case) $200
Stephen King Universe S/L #811 $60
DT V Wolves Grant 3rd ed signed Stephen King Jan 2004 $175
****SOLD****The Gunslinger Tapes S/L #797/800 (VG+) $100

DT V Wolves of Calla Grant 1st still in shrinkwrap $40
DT VI Song of Susannah Grant 1st still in shrinkwrap $40
DT VII The Dark Tower Grant 1st still in shrinkwrap $40
All 3 books $100

****SOLD****Dreamcatcher US ARC in custom slipcase $30
****SOLD****Riding the Bullet Japanese Hard cover $25
Custom Slipcases for 1978 1st edition The Stand (from Camelot Books, I think)
All black, plain, no title on slipcase (I have 2) $25ea.

Non-King Books:
The Ferryman by Christopher Golden S/L 1000 $40
Subterranean Tales of Dark Fantasy (in shrinkwrap) $20

Matt
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
(5) I would like to commit to pledging a couple hundred $$ from the sales to The Haven Foundation fundraiser, but the level will depend on how much $$ I raise.

Thanks David, whatever you can do would be wonderful!

e_taylor
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
So many great deals there Wiz! Wish I had some extra cash right now!

Dr. Dawg
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Wow, those are some nice books/prices. I really want one of the S/L Waste Lands, but I think my wife would kill me. She's still on me for the books I was supposed to sell to pay for my S/L Wizard and Glass but never did...

Fsmdr
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Wiz, question on these:
All 3 books $100

Are these regular trades or the AEs?. The shrinkwraps threw me off somehow.

wizardsrainbow
04-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Wiz, question on these:
All 3 books $100

Are these regular trades or the AEs?. The shrinkwraps threw me off somehow.

They are regular trade editions, brand spankin' new from Grant to me at the time of issue. Never took off the shrinkwrap.

Patrick
04-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Hello All, hope everyone is doing well !
OK going to try this one more time and then its off to ebay i guess !! I really need to move these books, they are extra and they are in the way. No tot mention we have my daughters first birthday coming up and need to get the house straightened up. A pile of books in the corner is not making the wife to happy at this moment.
Willing to accept any reasonable offers, don't be afraid to ask. If you want all of them make me an offer, you could probably resell some of them for a bit more. Will take trades but only UK King 1st/1st's ( I have a shelf to put these on, not in the corner to bother the wife). SHIPPING will be at actual cost.

US FIRST EDITIONS

Talisman
Duma Key
Pet Sematary
Faithful
Regulators
Desperation
Secret Windows
On Writing
Lisey's Story
Dark Tower 5 (4 copies)

ONE UK edition of Dark Tower 4

Others
The Gunslinger 3rd edition
DT 1-3 Grant set in slip case still shrink wrapped
Bare Bones first edition
Bare Bones S/L w/ hologram on cover of book

Non-Stephen King

Owen King-- 1st/1st of We're All in This Together SIGNED

Norman Partridge- Dark Harvest , 2000 copies, SIGNED limited edition

When Dark Descends- #328 of 500 SIGNED by Charles Grant, Thomas Monteleone and Gary Braunbeck

Some nice stuff on this list too!

e_taylor
04-04-2009, 06:02 AM
All are 1st/1st with properly priced jackets, and most are in fine/fine condition.

$10 Books:
Wolves of the Calla
Song of Susannah
Dark Tower VII
Legends
All four of the above for $50 shipped (within Canada/ US). *Note: Bid on the books in DTBay first!

'Salems Lot Illustrated

Shipping at cost.

Self bump - heres what I've got left. Also just listed two items on eBay for those interested.

e_taylor
04-04-2009, 06:04 AM
How are those S/L audio tapes of David's still there?!?!?!?! :panic:

PlayPhish
04-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Were all those audio tapes S/L or just a subset of them? I have The Gunslinger as well as Drawing of the Three but I never opened or listened to them. I just bought them when I was working at Waldenbooks ages ago when they first came out. I certainly never noticed if they were signed or numbered. They're in a box somewhere in storage so it will be a while before I could ever find them again.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Were all those audio tapes S/L or just a subset of them? I have The Gunslinger as well as Drawing of the Three but I never opened or listened to them. I just bought them when I was working at Waldenbooks ages ago when they first came out. I certainly never noticed if they were signed or numbered. They're in a box somewhere in storage so it will be a while before I could ever find them again.

You can tell from the outside of the box if they are the signed limited ones or not. Check out the pictures of the S/Ls on this site.

Randall Flagg
04-04-2009, 08:43 AM

You can tell from the outside of the box if they are the signed limited ones or not. Check out the pictures of the S/Ls on this site.

If the box says $100 (DTI), or $125 (DTII)it is the S/l:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/Gunslinger_tape_SL_rear.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/DoTT_Back.JPG

PlayPhish
04-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Say Thankee sai.

If I can only locate what box in storage they're in now, I'll be all set.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
The Gunslinger S/L tapes "NAL" is in red and the normal version is white.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/tapes.jpg

jhanic
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Interesting! I remember when those s/l tapes were first issued--I was in Baltimore at the time on business and saw them in a bookstore there for sale. I passed on them--who would pay $100 for an audio tape?!? Now I regret that decision.

John

wizardsrainbow
04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks to all those people that stepped up to buy some of my books. I am working on getting final prices to Pm you all. Thanks for your patience. I've been busy at home the last few days. Two teenagers acting out....you that have them know how it goes.

Matt
04-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Yes, yes I do. :lol:

Thanks for the great deals David, this was wonderful

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Two teenagers acting out....you that have them know how it goes.

We should allow "Youth"anasia. :)

jhanic
04-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Two teenagers acting out....you that have them know how it goes.

My condolences, David. Luckily my two are out of that stage now, but there was a time...

John

wizardsrainbow
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Well, I just passed $2,000 in book sales, so I am pledging $200 to the Haven Foundation fundraiser.

Side note...just had a wonderful lunch and King discussion with Steve Basker. He is a really nice and interesting guy. Thanks man.

Matt
04-07-2009, 11:32 AM
You are a gentleman and a scholar my friend. Thank you.

batsker
04-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Well, I just passed $2,000 in book sales, so I am pledging $200 to the Haven Foundation fundraiser.

Side note...just had a wonderful lunch and King discussion with Steve Basker. He is a really nice and interesting guy. Thanks man.

Thanks for the plug David (and Eric in the other forum). I've had a blast on the meetings thus far. I also recently passed $2k in sales, so I'll be donating 10% plus a penny for every mile on the trip. So far I'm at just under 4k miles!:panic: Unfortunately, instead of clearing out books, I seem to be accumulating them. I picked up a couple from David today, as well as getting AE editions of DT7 and LSoE from Robert at Grant books yesterday afternoon. While opening both to check for artwork, I distinctly remember singing "I've got a golden ticket". I know it's been mentioned before, but that's why I thought it was so funny, because now I've been singing it all day! Alas, no bonus, but I had to try.

Matt
04-08-2009, 04:32 AM
I can't believe this! You guys are wonderful. :rock:

I'm glad you are having a great trip Steve and thank you for the generosity.

Randall Flagg
04-09-2009, 10:19 AM
if anyone is interested in a Ray Bradbury signed 40th Anniversary Edition of Fahrenheit 451, or a Harlan Ellison signed Slippage PM me. I am sure we can work a deal.

wizardsrainbow
04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
***UPDATE***

HOLIDAY WEEKEND ONLY (Fri-Sun)
10% off all remaining books

or, if there is something you like and an extra 10% off is still too rich for you, make me a reasonable offer. No guarantees I will accept.

(1) Books are priced but shipping cost will be added. To be fair to everyone, I will split shipping costs 50/50. I'd ship for free, but especially for my friends overseas, that would get rather expensive for me.

(2) As much as I would like to provide pictures, it would simply be a monumental task to send pictures to all those interested. As a facilitator on this site, people know where to find me (I won't disappear). Also, I've dealt with many of you before and you know that if you are not happy, I will do what I can to make you good.

(3) Please respond by PM only. If more than one person wants a particular book, the first to commit to buying gets it (PM's come in order of time).

(4) Be patient with me. I am on the site usually a couple times a day...less on weekends because of family stuff.

(5) I would like to commit to pledging a couple hundred $$ from the sales to The Haven Foundation fundraiser, but the level will depend on how much $$ I raise. ***I already contributed $200***

Salem’s Lot S/L #195 $900
****SALE PENDING****Nightmares in the Sky 1st edition HC inscribed For Richard with best wishes, Stephen King 9/12/95 $175 (price reduced)

Wastelands S/L #964 $400
****SALE PENDING****Desperation S/L #310 $250

Quietly Now Lettered #PP $450 (price reduced)
****SALE PENDING****Transgressions ARC $75
Devil’s Wine Lettered # LL $400 (price reduced)

****SOLD****DT VII Grant 1st trade sgn by Michael Whelan + eye doodle $50

DT V Wolves of Calla Grant 1st still in shrinkwrap $30
DT VI Song of Susannah Grant 1st still in shrinkwrap $30
DT VII The Dark Tower Grant 1st still in shrinkwrap $30
All 3 books $85

All black, plain, no title on slipcase (I have 2) $25 ea.

Non-King Books:

namelessnpoor
04-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Well I did manage to sell one book and make one person fairly happy ! but i didn't get any other responses, Here is the list for the very last and final time, after this i guess they will just be stored away (ebay just doesn't seem all that worth it anymore)
I added some prices this time, but make offers they really need to find new homes other than my closet or attic.
Thanks
Rusty

US FIRST EDITIONS
Any one of these for $15 and that includes 2 day shipping !

Talisman
Duma Key
Pet Sematary
Faithful
Regulators
Desperation
Secret Windows
On Writing
Lisey's Story
Dark Tower 5 (4 copies)

Others

The Gunslinger 3rd edition $100 shipped and insured
DT 1-3 Grant set in slip case still shrink wrapped $150 2nd day shipping, and insured
and i will add in a free 1st from above for free

Bare Bones first edition Both of these for $100 shipped and insured
Bare Bones S/L w/ hologram on cover of book

Non-Stephen King

Owen King-- 1st/1st of We're All in This Together SIGNED

Make offers on these, i really don't know market value for these, i kinda just ended up with these as a result of ordering other things

Norman Partridge- Dark Harvest , 2000 copies, SIGNED limited edition

When Dark Descends- #328 of 500 SIGNED by Charles Grant, Thomas Monteleone and Gary Braunbeck

e_taylor
04-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Just a note to let everyone know that some of my eBay items are ending in the next few days. Including a SK Library edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon in 16 hours with an opening bid of $14.99!

e_taylor
04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
If anyone's interested I have the following available:

UK S/L Wizard and Glass #163/500. Fine book in fine slipcase. $400 shipped.

Cycle of the Werewolf. Exceptional dust jacket. Tiny bit of wear to spine ends, NO spine fade, and only two tiny white spots. Book is unread with only faint shelf wear. In slipcase from the Collector. Signed by Bernie Wrightson. $260 shipped.

Feel free to PM me any questions/offers.

wizardsrainbow
04-13-2009, 05:31 AM
***UPDATE***
Weekend 10% sale extended thru April 19

or, if there is something you like and an extra 10% off is still too rich for you, make me a reasonable offer. No guarantees I will accept.

(5) I would like to commit to pledging a couple hundred $$ from the sales to The Haven Foundation fundraiser, but the level will depend on how much $$ I raise. ***I already contributed $200***

****SALE PENDING****Salem’s Lot S/L #195 $900
****SOLD****Nightmares in the Sky 1st edition HC inscribed For Richard with best wishes, Stephen King 9/12/95 $175 (price reduced)

Wastelands S/L #964 $400
****SALE PENDING****Desperation S/L #310 $250

****SOLD****Transgressions ARC $75

****SOLD****DT VII Grant 1st trade sgn by Michael Whelan + eye doodle $50

All 3 books $85

Non-King Books:

e_taylor
04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Moving some King items to fund the purchase of Wiz's S/L Salem's lot.

Check them out on eBay via the link in my signature. Feel free to make offers!!

Specifically want to move the Storm of the Century, Bachman Books and 'Salem's Lot!

Randall Flagg
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
I need some help.
I am trying to "clean up" a bunch of books due to storage limitations.
Please look at these books and advise what if any should be saved, sold, dumped.
I am open to offers.
To my knowledge, all are 1st/1sts.
Historio Graphus is a S/L.
I was told that Leigh Nichols was a pen name for Dean Koontz.

Appreciate all thoughts and Pm's.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9316/p1010330t.jpg

Room 217 Caretaker
04-14-2009, 03:12 PM
I would hang onto the Leigh Nichols (yes Koontz pen) and the Chamber of Horrors.

Both have value. Not great value yet but value.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Fsmdr
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I would also hang on to the 1st/1st THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE. The 1st edition of that book has a small printing. It might possibly increase in value in the future. The Elizabeth Kostova book might also be a hold.

Randall Flagg
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I am willing to part with any book pictured for a "fair" price.
Was Chamber of Horrors the first appearance of a King story?

carlosdetweiller
04-14-2009, 04:11 PM

None of the bottom four books is a first appearance of a King story but all have King stories in them.

I think the only first appearance you have in the picture is SHOCK ROCK (assuming it is a first printing) which has "You Know They Got A Hell Of A Band."

Check the asking prices on ABE for the Kostova limited before you decide to dump it.

e_taylor
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
A note for anyone interested. The copy of the UK S/L Wizard and Glass that I have on eBay can be had for $350 shipped (within Canada/US) if you PM me!

PlayPhish
04-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Jerome,

Is that audio edition of the Mist that you have the one that Frank Muller reads? I know Whelan has been looking for a copy of that. Since my life is in storage for the most part, I can't seem to locate my copy to give him. I'd purchase that from you if it is the edition he is looking for.

e_taylor
04-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Down to only three items left on eBay.

- Storm of the Century - Stephen King Library Edition.

- Bachman Books 1st/1st - a good starting copy.

- Talisman/ Black House 1st ed set - Black House signed by Straub.

I need some extra money so send me some offers!!

Randall Flagg
04-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Jerome,

Is that audio edition of the Mist that you have the one that Frank Muller reads? I know Whelan has been looking for a copy of that. Since my life is in storage for the most part, I can't seem to locate my copy to give him. I'd purchase that from you if it is the edition he is looking for.

I can't be sure who reads it, but it is the 3-d sound version from Simon & Schuster Audioworks. Copyright 1984.

Randall Flagg
04-15-2009, 05:39 AM

None of the bottom four books is a first appearance of a King story but all have King stories in them.

I think the only first appearance you have in the picture is SHOCK ROCK (assuming it is a first printing) which has "You Know They Got A Hell Of A Band."

Check the asking prices on ABE for the Kostova limited before you decide to dump it.
I knew that should still have some value. It sold for $350 when published.

Randall Flagg
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I offer the S/L Historio graphus for $350 shipping included. I will toss in a signed Trade 1st/1st also-with receipts and other stuff from her appearance. Both are in as new shape.
10% goes to our fundraiser.

Book Description: Little Brown & Co And The Captain, 2005. Hardcover. Book Condition: As New. Signed Limited. 8vo - over 7 3/4" - 9 3/4" tall. One of 150 signed and numbered copies, 125 were sold to the public the remaining 25 copies were retained by the author and publishers. This book has a unique binding only for this edition and is housed in a slipcase made from a reproduction of a sixteenth-century map of the Balkans by Sebastian Munster. The front cover has a dragon illustration by Luis Campos.

ABE link: (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=kostova&sortby=1&x=0&y=0)

Also a 1st/1st of The Story of edgar Sawtelle-read once Nf/Nf-$25 media mail included.

Fsmdr
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Looking to buy 2 copies of DT VII AE in Fine condition, preferable from the same seller. Looking to pay $120 shipped. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Edit : Got my 2 copies, Thanks

tippy4
04-16-2009, 04:38 PM
A note for anyone interested. The copy of the UK S/L Wizard and Glass that I have on eBay can be had for $350 shipped (within Canada/US) if you PM me!

SOLD!

:P

wizardsrainbow
04-16-2009, 05:28 PM
***UPDATE***
Weekend 10% sale extended thru April 19

A COUPLE OF NEW LISTINGS IN BOLD

S/L Desperation- No Taycase and unnumbered, Fine condition with King and Maitz signatures $130

****SOLD****S/L Prime Evil Grant edition Publishers Copy - Fine $275

****SOLD****Salem’s Lot Gift edition with Traycase $200

Wastelands S/L #964 $400

All 3 books $85

Non-King Books:

Rahfa
04-17-2009, 04:26 AM
The Red Dragon is worth something if it's a 1st/1st...

[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;371158]I need some help.
I am trying to "clean up" a bunch of books due to storage limitations.
Please look at these books and advise what if any should be saved, sold, dumped.
I am open to offers.
To my knowledge, all are 1st/1sts.
Historio Graphus is a S/L.
I was told that Leigh Nichols was a pen name for Dean Koontz.

Appreciate all thoughts and Pm's.

Randall Flagg
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
The Red Dragon is worth something if it's a 1st/1st...

They all are. I would guess the Red Dragon should be worth at least 10-20 bucks

e_taylor
04-24-2009, 06:07 AM
Last chance trying to unload some of these, then they're headed to Value Village.

PM me if interested. Shipping extra, and can get pricey coming from Canada. All are 1st/1st with proper points/prices/etc.

Different Seasons - G/VG - $10
Christine - NF/NF - $10
Talisman - F/F - $10
Salem's Lot Illustrated - F/F - $10
Faithful - F/F - $5
Blaze - F/F - $5
TGWLTG Pop Up - F - $10
Nightmares in the Sky - F/F - $10
Journals of Eleanor Druse - F - $5
Black House - NF/NF - Signed by Straub - $20

Also have the following available:

Storm of the Century - SK Library Red Leather Edition - Fine - Make an offer, best one takes it.

Cycle of the Werewolf - Land of Enchantment LTD to 7500. Fine book in fine minus jacket. One of the best jackets I've seen - NO fade to spine, only two tiny white dots, and one very faint wear to spine ends, else fine. Signed by Wrightson, jacket in mylar, all in slipcase from the Collector. $300 shipped. (Or make an offer, maybe we can work something out!)

tippy4
04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
From January 1, 2009-May 19, 2009 Dtbay will be used exclusively to auction items for our fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation.
This thread will be for members to post their collectible(s) for sale during that period.
On May 20th, 2009 this thread will be closed and moved to the clearing.
The same general rules as Dtbay apply here.

I really think this thread should be allowed to live on after the fundraiser is over.

It gives members the option of putting their stuff here or on dtbay. There is room for both IMO.

Using Wiz's recent "Spring Clearance Sale" as an example....what a pain in the ass that would have been for him to list all of that stuff separately on DTbay. He was able to list it easily here. If he did not have that option, he may have not listed any of it, and as a person who bought a couple items from him, I would have been dissapointed by that.

Matt and mods, please consider this.

tippy4

jhanic
04-25-2009, 08:44 AM
I agree with tippy.

John

shnnrc01
04-25-2009, 09:13 AM
hear! hear!

Randall Flagg
04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
We (the staff) will talk about in in the Category Management thread for this section.
Others feel free to chime in with an opinion.

Patrick
04-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, tippy.

As Jerome said, we'd like to hear from more collectors whether you think this thread would continue to be worthwhile once dtBay reopens for general use.

wizardsrainbow
04-26-2009, 03:25 AM
I just want to say thank you to everyone who purchased a book or books from me in my clearance sale. I sold about $3,500 books and was able to make a generous donation to the fundraiser, so everybody is a winner.

So thanks to all of you.

natehorning
04-26-2009, 03:50 AM
I would like to see it kept. It is a nice, informal way of listing books.

Nate

e_taylor
04-26-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm all for keeping it.

Randall Flagg
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Based upon members preference, this thread will continue past the original cutoff date.:rock:

jhanic
04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
:thumbsup:

John

Earth's Militant Mind
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
:nana: This is one of my favorites glad it's staying :excited:

Patrick
04-27-2009, 10:50 PM
While we still encourage members to use dtBay for single items as they will likely reach a larger audience on this site, tippy made an excellent point about the mass movement of books, such as spring cleaning sales, etc.

tippy4
04-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Thank you Patrick. It's rare that I make a good point...but an excellent point...I'm lucky to do that once a year! :P

Thanks guys for your consideration!

e_taylor
05-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Got a few more King items to move, and hopefully help out the Fundraiser in its last week.

Cujo - US 1st/1st - F/F - $40 shipped (includes $10 to Haven)
Christine - US 1st/1st - VG/NF - $30 shipped (includes $10 to Haven)
Danse Macabre - US 1st/1st - F/NF - $45 shipped (includes $10 to Haven)

Secret Windows/On Writing Red leather set, both in fine condition - $120 shipped (Includes $30 to Haven)

Heart Shaped Box - UK S/L - F/F/F - additionally dated at a later signing by Joe Hill. - $100 shipped (Includes $20 to Haven)

If you buy multiple books, any savings in shipping will be donated to Haven. For the donation part of these sales, I'll send the money to Matt and get him to confirm with the buyer that I did so.

Nerak
05-13-2009, 05:55 AM
I got one and only one for now...

Little Sisters of Eluria un-numbered artist edition with a remark.

Please see attached pic of remark. I guess I could have Robert put a PC in it, as that is what is it, or it can be left un-numbered.

Looking for $500 or BRO, please email me at kymatty13 at comcast dot net with offers. I will leave this open til Friday and get back to y'all then.

Thanks for looking.

Karen

Forgot to add that this is sold!

e_taylor
05-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Get your offer in Wiz!

Nerak
05-13-2009, 09:11 AM
not to worry, Wiz has already let his intentions be known on this subject. Or else it would have been sold already! LOL

wizardsrainbow
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Hope someone bites Karen.

As for me, I have my irons already in the Whelan fire. Just waiting to see what comes out. Then I will likely post some amazing things. Ta-ta for now.

artan
05-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Karen the remark is very nice. :drool:

I was looking for "remark pics" on the forum and I see that they are in different places. :orely:

I know that in the forum there is the thread "Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too"...but what you think about to add a section "Remark books editions" under "The Stephen King Collectibles Catalog"

It could be a place where to put all pics and an easy way to find them.
(Maybe it already exist this place and I didn't find it) :doh:

It's just an idea, if it is no good, please ignore it :D

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
I know that in the forum there is the thread "Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too"...but what you think about to add a section "Remark books editions" under "The Stephen King Collectibles Catalog"

IMO: The Stephen King Collectibles Catalog is for Stephen King items. Doodles and drawings have nothing to do with Stephen King.

Randall Flagg
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM

IMO: The Stephen King Collectibles Catalog is for Stephen King items. Doodles and drawings have nothing to do with Stephen King.

Unless we create an Artist Catalog (unlikely at this time), as of right now the Stephen King Catalog is narrowly focused on SK books. There are some examples of remarques noted when describing certain books (Little Sisters of Eluria Artist Edition (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=7500)).
Stephenkingcollector.com (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/index.html) has pictures of many remarques.
Link to pics (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/whelan.html)

e_taylor
05-22-2009, 04:38 AM
I listed a number of books on eBay the other day, which you can see through the link in my signature.

For members of tdt.com here are the prices:

S/L Bag of Bones - $140
S/L Rose Madder - $320
Secret Windows/ On Writing Set - $110
S/L Heart Shaped Box S/L - $85
Postscripts #10 Slipcased S/L - $210

All prices include insured shipping within Canada and the US. Can't quote international as they'll all be different. But it would be cost and then discounted by $15.

PM me if you're interested!

artan
05-22-2009, 10:08 AM

Unless we create an Artist Catalog (unlikely at this time), as of right now the Stephen King Catalog is narrowly focused on SK books. There are some examples of remarques noted when describing certain books (Little Sisters of Eluria Artist Edition (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=7500)).
Stephenkingcollector.com (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/index.html) has pictures of many remarques.
Link to pics (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/whelan.html)

Anyway, Thanks for the answers, and RF thanks for the links. :thumbsup:

At last I saw the 4 remarks on LSoE, they are very very nice. :onfire:

F1racefan
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I listed a number of books on eBay the other day, which you can see through the link in my signature.

S/L Bag of Bones - $140
S/L Rose Madder - $320
Secret Windows/ On Writing Set - $110
Postscripts #10 Slipcased S/L - $210

All prices include insured shipping within Canada and the US. Can't quote international as they'll all be different. But it would be cost and then discounted by $15.

I am interested in the S/L Heart Shaped Box. Do you take paypal? Lmk

F1racefan
05-22-2009, 10:58 AM

I forgot to ask if this book comes with a slipcase?

Thanks,

Matt
05-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Hope you get it F1--welcome to the site. :rock:

F1racefan
05-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Hope you get it F1--welcome to the site. :rock:

Thanks. It is a great site!:excited:

e_taylor
05-22-2009, 11:21 AM
F1 - I sent you an email through the site. If you didn't get it for some reason shoot me an email at e_taylor500(at)hotmail(dot)com :thumbsup:

Matt
05-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Ooops--the under 5 PM problem.

I'm going to handle that for you guys now.

EDIT--should be able to PM now.

e_taylor
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Ooops--the under 5 PM problem.

I'm going to handle that for you guys now.

EDIT--should be able to PM now.

Thanks Matt - but we managed to get in touch through normal email.

On a side note, sending you a PM right now....

e_taylor
05-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I have managed to move a few books this week, heres what I have left and the prices I will extend to the members of tdt.com.

S/L Bag of Bones - $125
S/L Rose Madder - $310
S/L Road to the Dark Tower - $95
Secret Windows/ On Writing Red Leather set - $100

These prices include the shipping within North America. Check the eBay listings for specifics and shoot me a PM if interested.

Thanks guys! :rock:

blg
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I've decided to sell off some stuff. I'm open to reasonable offers, so feel free to PM me. Everything is fine except where noted.

Will split shipping charges.

I also have several S/L Dan Simmons and Jack Ketchum books and can send a list upon request. Thanks for looking.

Dark Tower IV, V, VI, VII, LSoE, and Black House #465 -- $2,750
Dark Tower II (author's copy) -- $900
Dark Tower III #1114 -- $325 (near fine)
Whispers (letter I) -- $350
Night Visions 5 #494 -- $225
Sins of the Fathers #PC -- $200

1st Editions
---------------
Carrie -- SOLD

Night Shift -- Book condition near fine with one small rough patch on front board, Dust jacket very good with some tape repair. -- $375

The Stand -- Book is near fine and DJ is very good. Includes traycase from skcollector.com -- $205

The Bachman Books -- book and DJ in fine condition -- $140

wizardsrainbow
05-28-2009, 03:44 AM
I've decided to sell off some stuff. I'm open to reasonable offers, so feel free to PM me. Everything is fine except where noted.

I also have several S/L Dan Simmons and Jack Ketchum books and can send a list upon request. Thanks for looking.

1st Editions
---------------
Carrie -- $625, near fine condition with a bit of softness to all four board corners and some wear to the gilt on the spine. The dust jacket is in near fine condition, no tears or chipping.

Night Shift -- Book condition near fine with one small rough patch on front board, Dust jacket very good with some tape repair. -- $375

The Stand -- Book is near fine and DJ is very good. Includes traycase from skcollector.com -- $205

blg, nice books and prices.

e_taylor
05-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Alright, the last of my eBay crop is ending today, some within 4 hours, some within 12.

Heres whats left and the cheapest I'll go including shipping:

Bag of Bones S/L - $125
Rose Madder S/L - $315
Secret Windows/On Writing Red Leather Set - $95

I'll be listing whatever doesn't sell in DTBay!

e_taylor
05-30-2009, 05:27 AM
Also, forgot to mention - I've got a vg/vg 1st edition of Christine up for sale at the Horrow Mall Auction site with an opening bid of $1.99: http://www.horror-mall.com/auction_house/Stephen-King--Christine--1st1st-HBDJ-VGVG,name,102237,auction_id,auction_details

I've been trying to sell things on this site for a while but with 0 "feedback" its difficult - if anyone wants it it'd be great to finally get a sale through that site!

Room 217 Caretaker
05-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Also, forgot to mention - I've got a vg/vg 1st edition of Christine up for sale at the Horrow Mall Auction site with an opening bid of $1.99: http://www.horror-mall.com/auction_house/Stephen-King--Christine--1st1st-HBDJ-VGVG,name,102237,auction_id,auction_details

I've been trying to sell things on this site for a while but with 0 "feedback" its difficult - if anyone wants it it'd be great to finally get a sale through that site!

I placed a bid for you :dance:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

e_taylor
05-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Thanks a lot Ralph! Surely you already own a copy, so thanks for helping me out!

Room 217 Caretaker
05-30-2009, 04:21 PM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Thanks a lot Ralph! Surely you already own a copy, so thanks for helping me out!

No problem. :cowboy:

It looks like a nice copy.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

e_taylor
05-31-2009, 05:22 AM
I specifically want to move my S/Ls of Rose Madder and Bag of Bones - if anyone is interested in both, I will do $415 SHIPPED (within North America).

PM me if interested.

CRinVA
06-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Wish I had seen this in time - I would have outbid the winning bid for sure - i want to replace my First which has embossed "from the library of...." on the end paper! :-(

blg
06-05-2009, 12:32 PM

1st Editions
---------------
Carrie -- SOLD

Just a little reminder that these books are still for sale. Don't be shy about making on offer.

Matt
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I wish I could afford one of those blg--very nice stuff.

e_taylor
06-06-2009, 05:02 AM
http://www.horror-mall.com/auction_house/ending,option,auctions_show

The two books I had listed at the HM auction site are ending between 7- 7:30 EST tonight if anyone is interested.

As of now the UK S/L Bag of Bones is sitting at $110 and the S/L Black House w/ Rick Berry sketch is at $450.

Patrick
06-06-2009, 10:09 AM

The two books I had listed at the HM auction site are ending between 7- 7:30 EST tonight if anyone is interested.

As of now the UK S/L Bag of Bones is sitting at $110 and the S/L Black House w/ Rick Berry sketch is at $450.
After hearing about Horror Mall for so long, I finally registered so I could check out the auctions, etc.

Question: Why is the bidding in $15 increments? Seems a little chunky. (The current low bid is $110 on your BoB as you mention, and the system won't allow another bid below $125.) Is that a Horror Mall auction requirement?

e_taylor
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM

After hearing about Horror Mall for so long, I finally registered so I could check out the auctions, etc.

Question: Why is the bidding in $15 increments? Seems a little chunky. (The current low bid is $110 on your BoB as you mention, and the system won't allow another bid below $125.) Is that a Horror Mall auction requirement?

Yeah.... I noticed that too late. I think its pre-set in $15 increments if it goes over $100. In the listing process there an option to select you own increment, or just use HM's preset one. I always assumed that the pre-set would be relatively low increments until it hits the $500 mark. I found out that it was the $15 jumps after a bid had already been placed, so I couldn't change it.

Patrick
06-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Yep, sometimes we just have to learn by doing.

So I wasn't paying enough attention. I failed to notice the "EST" (vs. PDT) on your closing time posted above. How did the two auctions fair?

e_taylor
06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Yep, sometimes we just have to learn by doing.

So I wasn't paying enough attention. I failed to notice the "EST" (vs. PDT) on your closing time posted above. How did the two auctions fair?

They stayed the same as my earlier post: $110 for Bag of Bones, $450 for Black House. I fear the Black House sale may fall through as it was bought by a person with no feedback (note: I don't have any on that site yet either!) who is in Belgium. For something that bulky, heavy and costly to insure, the shipping is grossly expensive. So we will see, if that one fall through than the next highest bid was $435. All and all not a bad experience though. Still learning the system but it will come.

Patrick
06-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Well, I hope the BLACK HOUSE goes through. I'm still kicking myself a little for not paying attention to the closing time on the BOB auction. I know you've had it on sale for a while, but I wasn't at the point of considering any purchases prior to the workday on Friday. Ah well.

e_taylor
06-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Well, I hope the BLACK HOUSE goes through. I'm still kicking myself a little for not paying attention to the closing time on the BOB auction. I know you've had it on sale for a while, but I wasn't at the point of considering any purchases prior to the workday on Friday. Ah well.

The sale of Black House, to my delight, went off without a hitch. I guess I shouldn't assume the worst!

And its certainly too bad about Bag of Bones, not even the extra $$, just the fact that it could have gone to a friend here on the site - I much prefer dealing with folks on tdt.com! I'm sure you've already got one, but I'll have a S/L Insomnia available in the next week or so if you need to satisfy a need to add a King book to your shelf.

Patrick
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks, Eric, that's what I get for waiting, but I really wasn't in the market when you were offering up those books on this site. I don't have any European S/Ls of King's.

You are correct, I do own the S/L of INSOMNIA. Thanks for asking though.

Glad the Horror Mall auction transactions are going as they should!