PDA

View Full Version : Everything's Eventual--Bracket 10 Winner!!

Aaron
12-11-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/Everythings_Eventual_face.jpg
Everything's Eventual
Scribner, 2002

Bracket #10

Voting for this Book is Closed

Final Average Score:

Bracket Winner!!

Everything's Eventual will advance to Round 2

mae
12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Absolute gold. A five.

Jean
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM

Hannah
12-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I gave this one a 5.

alinda
12-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I'll split the difference and give it a 4.:cool:

jayson
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM

I enjoyed most of the stories in this one. One of the better short story collections.

Melike
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
I gave this 5. ''That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French'' is my favorite story in it. Others are good,too.

Jean
12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I gave this 5. ''That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French'' is my favorite story in it.
One of mine, too, and so is Lunch at the Gotham Cafe; and All That You Love Will Be Carried Away is my absolutely favorite King story. Alas, the collection also contains stories that bored me big time (The Death of Jack Hamilton among them), or just left indifferent, as it is often the case with King short stories and their effect on bears.

Rjeso
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I dig SK's novels, some more than most, but I always fall completely in love with his short story collections. Yeah, there's always going to be one or two that don't resonate with me as well as the others, but for the most part, his short stories are my favorites.

Melike
12-11-2008, 01:32 PM
I gave this 5. ''That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French'' is my favorite story in it.
One of mine, too, and so is Lunch at the Gotham Cafe; and All That You Love Will Be Carried Away is my absolutely favorite King story. Alas, the collection also contains stories that bored me big time (The Death of Jack Hamilton among them), or just left indifferent, as it is often the case with King short stories and their effect on bears.

Also it contains very good stories like The Road Virus Heads North, L. T.'s Theory of Pets, 1408, Luckey Quarter.
( Dark Tower VII spoiler: )
"Hell is repetition" words in ''That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French'', reminds me of Roland's loop. So this makes the story very important and special for me.

Sam
12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm giving this one a 4. Not quite every story is a knockout for me. I really didn't particularly like L.T.'s Theory of Pets. Autopsy Room Four and The Man in the Black Suit are exceptional stories though that had me on the edge of my seat.

Daghain
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Five. I too am a King short story fan. :)

razz
12-11-2008, 06:01 PM
this collection had quite a few of my favorites, but also a few i couldn't read. i gave it a 4

Mianjo
12-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I gave it a 4 because there were at least two stories that I loved (and was frightened by), and the rest were decent.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
4forme....Autopsy Room 4 was awesome, So was The man in the black suit, 1409, The road virus heads north, and others. I am curious Jean. You said you gave it a 3. But there are no 3s?

Jean
12-11-2008, 11:31 PM
I am curious Jean. You said you gave it a 3. But there are no 3s?
thank you man! I forgot to vote!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

ManOfWesternesse
12-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Another 4 for me - pretty good Book overall.

mae
12-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Looking at the early voting, this could be our first short story collection that goes on to the 2nd round. Maybe even the bracket winner?

Heather19
12-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Never read. Unfortunately I'm having to vote this way on just about every short story collection. I've read a handful of the stories but not all.

Darkthoughts
12-13-2008, 02:36 AM
I gave a 5. It's my favourite SK short story collection.

Sledgeham
12-15-2008, 04:05 AM
Also it contains very good stories like The Road Virus Heads North, L. T.'s Theory of Pets, 1408, Luckey Quarter.
"Hell is repetition" words in ''That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French'', reminds me of Roland's loop. So this makes the story very important and special for me.

Some other links to DT I noticed,

In "1408", the alien voice spouts things like "This is six, six, this is six! All of your friends are dead!". In the Dark Tower, there is a voice calling Roland, saying "Nineteen, this is nineteen!" I actually think the room 1408 is a thinny. Also, "all your friends are now dead" may be a reference to Cuthbert and Alain?

In "Lunch at the Gotham Cafe", the waiter screams in the same way as someone (can't recall) screams in Dark Tower.

Then there's the obvious ones, The Little Sisters of Eluria and Dinky Earnshaw

And yeah, the links kinda seem a little weak, once I've written them down, but on discovering them, they really struck a chord in me. I checked to see if 1408 added to 19.

So anyway, I gave it a 5.

pathoftheturtle
12-15-2008, 07:28 AM
A mixed bag, yes. Some stories not that great, but many were outstanding. Looking at the whole package, this is one of SK's top collections. I give it a 4.

Melike
12-15-2008, 08:13 AM

Some other links to DT I noticed,

In "1408", the alien voice spouts things like "This is six, six, this is six! All of your friends are dead!". In the Dark Tower, there is a voice calling Roland, saying "Nineteen, this is nineteen!" I actually think the room 1408 is a thinny. Also, "all your friends are now dead" may be a reference to Cuthbert and Alain?

In "Lunch at the Gotham Cafe", the waiter screams in the same way as someone (can't recall) screams in Dark Tower.

Then there's the obvious ones, The Little Sisters of Eluria and Dinky Earnshaw

And yeah, the links kinda seem a little weak, once I've written them down, but on discovering them, they really struck a chord in me. I checked to see if 1408 added to 19.

So anyway, I gave it a 5.

About your first spoiler:
:excited:Wow! I have never thought that 1408 could be a thinny. :orely:

Merlin1958
12-15-2008, 10:53 PM

Pretty good collection of creepy stories and of course Dinky is the man!!!!!:cool: