PDA

View Full Version : Where would you like to step into the story... *spoilers*

Letti
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
to see something with your own eyes?

* * * * * You can meet spoilers below * * * * *

Little WoC spoiler:

I would like to see Roland dancing. I can't describe how much I would like to see it.
Which part would you like to see the most?

Daghain
07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Good thread!

I'd like to see the battle with the Wolves.

Matt
07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I would have loved to see the Portal of the Bear. I am not sure why but something about that place seems like it would be cool as hell.

Wuducynn
07-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Sooooooooooo many... one that leaps to mind at the moment is the Dixie Pig..besides being a fashionable joint, I have a fondness for long pork provided its well salted..

fernandito
07-23-2007, 02:37 PM
The massacre at Tull. :)

Letti
07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
It's amazing. All of us wrote something else so far. :D

Darkthoughts
07-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I would just like to have been on the road with the ka-tet - the journey from Oz's palace to the Calla. Just sittin round the fire, shooting the shit and eating gunslinger burritos.

Odetta
07-24-2007, 08:18 AM
The Wizard of Oz scene in W&G... seems pretty trippy to me. :cool:

funky dredd
07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
The WaG scene where Roland tells the tale of his youth.

Letti
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
The WaG scene where Roland tells the tale of his youth.

It's not a bad choice because you can spend there a lot of time. ;)

Jean
07-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I would have loved to see the Portal of the Bear. I am not sure why but something about that place seems like it would be cool as hell.
Because of the bear, Matt. Because of the bear. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cool.gif

No, I am with Darkthoughts:

I would just like to have been on the road with the ka-tet - the journey from Oz's palace to the Calla. Just sittin round the fire, shooting the shit and eating gunslinger burritos.
only I would choose the journey from the moment they drew Jake, and on till the bridge to Lud.

DT5 Spoiler:
we don't yet know the horrible truth about Susannah's pregnancy
and the talks are so long... and those people at River Crossing are so cool... and we all feel so immortal.

Letti
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cool.gif

No, I am with Darkthoughts:

only I would choose the journey from the moment they drew Jake, and on till the bridge to Lud.

Yeah, Jean but WHEN I wrote it everybody had written something different.
Anyway I have been waiting for your post here eagerly.

Darkthoughts
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Either of those two journeys would do me Jean :)

Jean
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
yes, but you see - the second was, like, moving somewhere, towards an end, very likely a horrible end, gaining momentum, climax building up... and the first was - I don't know - leisurly? As if it would last forever. We will always sit here beneath these stars, telling stories about universes and playing riddles and speculating about the world moving on, and we will always be together, and we will never die.

Darkthoughts
07-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Definately. I have always thought those would be the sweetest moments, its what Roland himself recalls when he is alone before the Tower.

Chassit
07-26-2007, 01:10 PM
At the end as Patrick and Roland are approaching the tower....The fields of Can Ka no rey and the tower rising out amongst the roses....man the imagery there is just awesome!!

XIX

sarah
07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
The Man in Black fled across the desert and the gunslinger and maerlyn followed. You know, i would've loved to be with roland throughout his entire journey, and you know, I was. I was there and I still am.

/sappy

Darkthoughts
07-28-2007, 01:41 AM
:huglove:

Daghain
07-28-2007, 06:06 AM
That's a good one, maerlyn. I'll second that!

sarah
07-28-2007, 08:14 AM
:)

When reading the series from the start i was wrapped up in it. It became my life for about two years. I was full on obsessed. I still have a hat that I drew an eye on in red marker that I used to wear everywhere.

Letti
07-28-2007, 08:32 AM
:)

When reading the series from the start i was wrapped up in it. It became my life for about two years. I was full on obsessed. I still have a hat that I drew an eye on in red marker that I used to wear everywhere.

And did you meet people who knew what it meant?

sarah
07-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I got some looks but noone ever said anything or stopped me. Oh once I was on a place with my thedarktower.net t-shirt on and a guy on the plane said he was a fan but not a member of the site.

Wuducynn
07-28-2007, 02:42 PM
I got some looks but noone ever said anything or stopped me. Oh once I was on a place with my thedarktower.net t-shirt on and a guy on the plane said he was a fan but not a member of the site.

I have a black, long sleeved All Hail The Crimson King shirt with the bleeding Eye of the King above the phrase and it gets A LOT of looks. :D Thats my favorite shirt as you can well imagine..

Mordred Deschain
07-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I would like to see Roland dancing. I can't describe how much I would like to see it.
Which part would you like to see the most?

I actually have a similiar one. I would have liked to have been Eddie Dean that same night with Eld's gun strapped to my legg and talking to the Calla folk.

And on the other note, I never have worn anything with the crimson kings sigul, but I do call my cat Oye. or my little Billybumbler.
But, CK, that sounds like an awesome shirt!!! Hell, my friends and I on occasion pub crawl in Skinny Puppy, Misfits, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, and Megadeath t-shirts once and awhile.

Wuducynn
07-28-2007, 08:36 PM
But, CK, that sounds like an awesome shirt!!! Hell, my friends and I on occasion pub crawl in Skinny Puppy, Misfits, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, and Megadeath t-shirts once and awhile.

It is...check out this site - http://www.cafepress.com/dtcstore its where I bought it. THE best Dark Tower merchandise anywhere. There are a couple of shots with me wearing the shirt in my Member Gallery here http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=29&cat=500

Another spot I would love to step into the story would be when they come to village around and to The Castle of the Crimson King itself. The description of all of it just blows my mind.

Jean
07-28-2007, 09:13 PM
my dear friends, please. The subject of Dark Tower symbols in clothing is extremely interesting, and should be in a separate thread.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/thank_you-1.gif

sarah
07-29-2007, 07:03 AM
sorry for the thread hijacking, jean. :rose:

Mordred Deschain
07-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Sorry Jean, I'll just PM CK my comments.

This might sound weird, but when I invision myself in any part of the story I see myself as Eddie Dean. I think it's because I do share his sense of joking and sarcasm. I had thought about stepping into the story at the demon ring where Eddie has to draw the door and finish the key. That one sound moment of purpose and determination.

ZoNeSeeK
07-29-2007, 10:12 PM
I really, really liked the real estate in tull. I mean, theres this ginormous desert that you can go sunbake in and heaps of free drugs everywhere, and the bar wench is real loose too ;)

Wuducynn
07-30-2007, 06:17 AM
I really, really liked the real estate in tull. I mean, theres this ginormous desert that you can go sunbake in and heaps of free drugs everywhere, and the bar wench is real loose too ;)

Plus lots of inbreeding makes more a fun environment don't forget..

Matt
07-30-2007, 10:28 AM
I think "loose barmaid" pretty much sells any town.

Chassit
07-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Indeed.

XIX

Wuducynn
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
More than one always helps.

ZoNeSeeK
07-31-2007, 12:50 AM
I mean, c'mon - a barwench that asks for sex in return for helping you out? WELL LET ME SEE MA'AM, I THINK I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT :P

Matt
07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Don't you always wish you could get a deal like that.

"hey, somebody spilled a drink in the isle, could you clean it up?"

"only if you fuck me first"

Wuducynn
07-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Another part of the story I would like to step into is the part where Mordred eats Roland for breakfast and the rest of the ka-tet for lunch. The slurping and crunching noises and the screams described were especially exciting.

Chassit
07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Wait a second...I don't remember that part.....

XIX

Matt
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
That was a dream Matthew had. :lol:

Wuducynn
07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
That was from the special version of the Dark Tower series that King wrote just for me.

Jean
07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
I've already noticed, on a number of occasions, that everyone reads their own version of TDT.

Mordred Deschain
07-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Another part of the story I would like to step into is the part where Mordred eats Roland for breakfast and the rest of the ka-tet for lunch. The slurping and crunching noises and the screams described were especially exciting.

*BURP* 'scuse me!

MonteGss
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
One part that I'd like to jump into is when Jake is freaking out at the cabbie with Oy and the Fadda. That would be fun to see! :)

Wuducynn
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
One part I would love to step into would be right when Callahan was about to snap himself out of Black 13's spell and drug him a little bit, just enough to keep him from doing it and then sit in one of the hotel room chairs, light a cigar, put my feet up and watch the fun happen.

Letti
12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
One part I would love to step into would be right when Callahan was about to snap himself out of Black 13's spell and drug him a little bit, just enough to keep him from doing it and then sit in one of the hotel room chairs, light a cigar, put my feet up and watch the fun happen.

What about the part when Callahan and Walter meets?

Wuducynn
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I would just like to be there and invisible, but yeah that would be an awesome spot to pop into.

jayson
12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
If I'm stepping in to the story in an observer capacity, I'd probably want to catch up with them in the forest on the way to Calla Bryn Sturgis and stick with Roland the rest of the way.

TerribleT
12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
As either an observer, or a participant, I would like to pop in just before Roland kicks Cort's door down to challenge him. I would then like to stay with them until Jericho Hill.

Sai_Rhavan
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
If any spot I've ever wanted to go into, it'd definitely be the battle of Jericho Hill. So many gunslingers at one spot battling Farson's Army... I just don't think he spent enough time on that part of the story. I would hate to watch the demise of my favorite character, Cuthbert. I respect any person able to die laughing with an arrow in his eye. And I would also love to see which loop I was watching- whether or not Roland had grabbed the Horn of Eld.

LadyHitchhiker
12-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Hmmmmmm... I'd either save Roland from his fingers being eaten...

or

go meet Stephen King

or

I'd save Shardik...

or

I'd distract Mordred so Randall could get away...

or I'd save Oy....

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 06:12 AM

That would be great, that way he could eat both of you. *slurp* *crunch*

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I would try and step in, and prevent RF's death.

I just hated to see him go in such away

jayson
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM

I'd rather have seen Roland play an active role in his demise, but I'm sure he made a very tasty meal for Spiderboy.

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Thats what I was hoping for too

CPU
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure I'd want to step into the story at all. However I would love to be able to step into Roland's world, maybe at sometime after he started his journey across the desert and just explore it. Surely there would be other cities beyond Lud where the tech of the GOO's survived, maybe a library where you could find out how they constructed the beams, guardians, and portals? Travel through the wastelands might be entertaining as well, fighting off bands of roving slow-mutants that wanted to eat your brains....

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
That would be cool to. To step in and join Roland in his quest, evening knowing that I would most likely die

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Even if you most likely would be eatin also?

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 11:53 AM
If that was required, yes. His death was a shameful one, and one that I would wish to prevent.

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Well his death was shameful because he was found to be a back-stabber against the King. But I got to respect you for being willing to do that if you had the chance.

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
He was a back-stabber to everyone

Toren
12-13-2007, 08:58 AM
I'd love to step into the story when the ka-tet is riding Blaine the mono and watch them tell him riddles. Quite the piece of technology he was, it'd be neat to experience it first-hand. Blaine is one of my favourite villains I've ever read about. An arrogant, insane, super smart computer with a sense of humor.
It'd also be great to eventually witness Eddie "send Blaine home with a fuckin' rupture." :D

NeedfulKings
12-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I was going to say the same thing. Put me in around the time they're meeting Blaine, take me on the train ride, drop me off in Kansas and I'd like to stay with the Ka-tet until they pass through the glass palace.

I'd love to sit on the turnpike, listening to the story of Susan, first-hand.

Of course, there are dozens of other places I'd like to see in the story. But if I had to pick one, that's it.

My ruby red sneakers should be size 11, by the way. :P

LadyHitchhiker
12-13-2007, 07:43 PM

That would be great, that way he could eat both of you. *slurp* *crunch*

You forget.. Mordred loves me.

Armand St Pierre
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Glad to see Blaine finally mentioned.
Synth sex on a lunatic AI superduper loco that's doing a kamikaze run sounds insanely fun.

Stanley's Gingerbread house with his marshmallow sofa sounds mighty comfy.

No one wants to hang out in the breakers library?

Lunch at the artistic deli?

Camping out in the great woods looking up at old star and old mother by a camp fire.
Shit, just being able to see Suze blow the bears hat off would be worth the price of whatever admission North Central Positronics (or subsidiaries thereof) might ask of me.

Allie
12-14-2007, 12:50 AM
I wouldnt mind having a look at the rose for myself, or the little park with the turtle statue.

Wuducynn
12-18-2007, 08:12 AM
You forget.. Mordred loves me.

Yes, because you're so TASTY!

Mike Beck
12-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Cool idea.

As soon as I saw this thread title, I was thinking of saving Flagg from Mordred too. :lol:

There's a lot of love for RF.

I would also like to enter the story at the end of the battle in Algul Siento. Watch Eddie's back. ;)

jayson
12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Cool idea.

As soon as I saw this thread title, I was thinking of saving Flagg from Mordred too. :lol:

There's a lot of love for RF.

Sure, but if Mordred could control Flagg, what chance would you have?:excited:

Mike Beck
12-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Bottle of Raid, son. :P

Wuducynn
12-19-2007, 07:11 AM
Best to use MikeBeck Off now in Extra Strength. Instantly kills any Mike Becks in a 12 mile radius with its patented, environmentally friendly, formula.

jayson
12-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Funny, but of course Mordred would know you had that and would likely amuse himself by forcing you to spray it down your throat.

Wuducynn
12-19-2007, 07:24 AM

Funny, but of course Mordred would know you had that and would likely amuse himself by forcing you to spray it down your throat.

Yeah, he would too. Then he would whip out his can of MikeBeck Off...

JasKo
12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I've now read more of book 4, and I would have wanted to be there when Rolands first ka-tet was at the local bar in Mejis in a "fight" with the coffin riders(or whatever they are called, Depape, Jonas and Roy?)

Letti
12-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I've now read more of book 4, and I would have wanted to be there when Rolands first ka-tet was at the local bar in Mejis in a "fight" with the coffin riders(or whatever they are called, Depape, Jonas and Roy?)

Big Coffin Hunters, and the names are right. :)
That was a good part, yes. Cuthbert was kickass.

jayson
12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Depape, Jonas and Roy?)

Partially right... Roy is Depape's first name. Reynolds is the third.

Mike Beck
12-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Yeah, he would too. Then he would whip out his can of MikeBeck Off...

hold the phone now. i'm gonna bust in there with my little anti-telepathy cap first, then whip out the Super Strength Raid and spray Mordred until he twitches and dies.

I will also be dressed in a big plastic suit in case he comes at me with the Mike Beck OFF. i hate that stuff. :angry:

either that, or I'll send John Goodman to do the job. ;)

jayson
12-19-2007, 12:30 PM
either that, or I'll send John Goodman to do the job. ;)

It'd take Mordred a month to eat him.

Mike Beck
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
well, if nothing else, it would be a good way to slow him down from hunting the ka-tet. :D

Wuducynn
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Not The John Goodman!? http://www.dvdrama.com/upload/soundwave-Arachnophobia5.jpg

JasKo
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Depape, Jonas and Roy?)

Partially right... Roy is Depape's first name. Reynolds is the third.

Correct! :) Thanks for correcting me both :)

P.S. Letti I agree, Burth was kickass bigtime :D

Mike Beck
12-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Not The John Goodman!? http://www.dvdrama.com/upload/soundwave-Arachnophobia5.jpg

:rofl:

incredible. oh yes, THE John Goodman. :D

Matt
12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
John Goodman can do anything! :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
05-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I would like to see Oy being introduced for the first time...

Arthur Heath
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Without a doubt The Battle of Jericho Hill. The demise of the original tet. Or Susannah/Mia's birth to Mordred. That would be FREAKY!

Letti
05-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Or Susannah/Mia's birth to Mordred. That would be FREAKY!

It's quite an interesting choice, my friend. :scared:

Arthur Heath
05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Indeed. I thought to myself 'what would be the strangest moment in the journey?' and that came to mind. Hopefully I would be armed:shoot:

Rjeso
05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
*Roland dancing

*The moments where each member of the ka-tet truly become gunslingers

obscurejude
05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm with Matt, I'd really like to see the portal of the bear. Along with Fedic, it sticks out in my mind the most.

Jean
05-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I hope the main point of this thread isn't being lost. It's not "what you would like to see", as if it was a movie before your eyes, it's where would you like to step into the story. I'm addressing especially those who want to step there while Mia was giving birth, or during one of the fights. What would you do, standing there in all that gunfire? or with them taheen assistants turning their unwelcoming attention to you?

Letti
05-09-2008, 12:13 AM
That's why I was quite surprised, too. We have some really adventurous people here. :D
(Still I can't understand how someone can choose the giving birth part when there are so many beautiful touching and exciting parts in the book. Why would anyone like to see a demon-woman suffering like hell while she is trying to give birth to a monster?
We are different.)

obscurejude
05-09-2008, 06:30 AM
I don't know if that is directed at me Jean, but I understand the point of the thread. I wanted to actually see the portal and put my ear to it with Eddie. I didn't name Fedic because of the birth, I was thinking of when Roland and Suze are there alone after he returns from Keystone Earth.

Wuducynn
05-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I'd love to be at Mordred's birth so I can make sure Susannah doesn't have any access to a gun and she can be eaten alive by Sayre's bugs and then step back. What an honor that would be to be there.

Jean
05-09-2008, 06:35 AM
I don't know if that is directed at me Jean no, it wasn't, why? mostly Skolpadda and those who would risk getting shot immediately after the stepping in

MrsSmeej
05-09-2008, 06:38 AM
:scared: I just want to be clear here... Are we allowed to step back out, too? Because, if not, I think I'd probably like to join up right around the time that Eddie is handing over the hot chocolate mit schlag. I'm a big chicken. :lol:

obscurejude
05-09-2008, 06:39 AM
I don't know if that is directed at me Jean no, it wasn't, why? mostly Skolpadda and those who would risk getting shot immediately after the stepping in

Only because it was right after my post and I mentioned Fedic. Its no big deal, I was just trying to clarify in case it was directed at me.