PDA

View Full Version : Not to Gossip.....

e_taylor
12-01-2008, 06:45 AM
....but, whats the deal with John Pelan?

On the Horror Mall forums some people are really giving him a lashing, but are being vague as to what hes done. From what I've gathered something to do with not paying some authors...

I don't want to start a gossip thread, so if mods want to delete, feel free. But does anyone have the story of what has actually happened here?

I like to know why I should not buy from a publisher as opposed to just being told that hes scummy.

Patrick
12-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't have a clue who John Pelan would be. I agree with Eric that we don't want to indulge in vaguely worded "badmouthing" posts/threads.

However if the question is in regards to specific legitimate concerns our members are experiencing with a specific publisher (or publishers), then discussion of such would likely be appropriate to the extent that it may benefit other members.

e_taylor
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
He is the owner of Dark Side Press, and an author/editor in the horror/sci-fi/small press world.

I've had personal contact with him when I purchased some books from him on eBay a few years back, and he seemed like a decent guy.

I've just been hearing snippets here and there lately about him and his company, but nothing concrete. I was just hoping somebody might know what the deal is.

Although, it looks like no one does, so if it makes things easier, feel free to get rid of the thread.

wizardsrainbow
12-02-2008, 03:47 AM
He is the owner of Dark Side Press, and an author/editor in the horror/sci-fi/small press world.

I've had personal contact with him when I purchased some books from him on eBay a few years back, and he seemed like a decent guy.

I've just been hearing snippets here and there lately about him and his company, but nothing concrete. I was just hoping somebody might know what the deal is.

Although, it looks like no one does, so if it makes things easier, feel free to get rid of the thread.

Sorry, no one has been able to shed light on the issue Eric.

Randall Flagg
12-02-2008, 04:37 AM
If nothing substantial is added to this within the next day or so, we'll probably move it to The Clearing.

wizardsrainbow
12-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Nothing sunstantial, but GOOD MORNING Jerome. You are up bright and early on the left coast!