PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

texgunslinger
05-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Secretary of Dreams Lettered

Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes.:pullhair:

Matt
05-29-2007, 09:02 AM
:(

Keep us posted, I would sure like to know too.

Cutter
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
CD sucks when it comes to their Lettereds. they do not place much of an importance on them, and they wait forever before they release them.

Honestly I don't know why they bother with Lettereds, as they are so slow with them.

texgunslinger
05-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I know. I should expect this by now.

wizardsrainbow
05-30-2007, 03:10 AM
So continues the saga of disappointed collectors when dealing with CD:angry:

nyy3723a
05-31-2007, 08:59 AM
And I thought we had to wait a long time for the numbered editions...wow.

Sir_Boomme
05-31-2007, 11:05 AM
i'm due one of these also...
i'm also waiting on lettereds of CENTURY'S BEST and DARK FORCES
and all my PS purchases still.
patience is a virtue...
i sure am one virtuous SOB 4 sure :)

Randall Flagg
12-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Shouldn't there be an obligation not to collect funds for book II, before the Lettered book I is issued? :pullhair:

carlosdetweiller
12-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Shouldn't there be an obligation not to collect funds for book II, before the Lettered book I is issued? :pullhair:

Some publishers have no shame.

CRinVA
12-17-2007, 05:18 AM

Some publishers have no shame.

You don't say!

I just got a flyer in the mail from CD and to my chagrin they talk about the laqtest missing CD Magazine and why they are late - a legitimate excuse I see, BUT they decide to give everyone that is getting it the next one for free - Whoopie Pickle! I already have a lifetime subscription - by my best calculations I figure that means I do not get one for free.

yes Virginia, there is no Santa Claus (located at this small press/publisher in baltimore, MD) ! :-) RC must be related to Fred Claus instead! or the Grinch!

And Thank God I never got into collecting Lettered Editions!

NeedfulKings
12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
I've only got 2 CD lettered editions (A Richard Laymon and an Edward Lee) and that's only because I got a screaming good deal on them. Other than the binding, ribbon, and (fairly standard) traycase, I don't see the need to go that extra dollar.

The "rarity" of them is really where the price is.

Spencer
12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Price would be why I don't have any. :lol:

I love the Cemetary Dance books, they're well done, and i'll get more when I can afford em. I do have Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished, and I love it. However, I'll wait until AFTER the books are DEFINITELY out, and order from what's left. I know better than to place an advance order with em. :lol:

jhanic
12-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I'll preorder Cemetary Dance books, but with the understanding that they will take MUCH longer to be published than what CD says. If they state that a title will be due in Spring, 2008, for example, I won't expect to even start looking for it until at least Winter of that year. And I won't be surprised when it takes even longer than that. Granted, their requiring prepayment for upcoming titles is annoying, but as long as you understand that the book will come out, eventually, sometime, hopefully, you won't be TOO disappointed.

John

CRinVA
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I am with ya on that one John. When I do get my books its always a nice surprise and I can tell my wife not to worry they have been paid for for quite some time! And I have never had a problem with the quality!

NeedfulKings
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I love the quality of CD books. Just their standard S/L books are great alone! Good binding, quality material, etc.

I've probably got 25 or more of their books. I'll have many more in the future!!! :P

As for pre-order, I don't think I've done that yet, but if I do, I figure that the books will either come out at some point, or we'll get refunded. I know from some friends that Bev's book took forever!!!!

I bought mine after the fact.

midnightrambler34
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes.:pullhair:

Holy Shit, I assume that we're talking about Vol 1?!:scared: This is what, 2 years from the intial pre-order? This is why I only ordered the trade edition of Vol 2.

Patrick
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Did CD ever state an expected date on any of the editions of Volume 2? I paid for the numbered, but I didn't even bother looking to see when they thought they might issue the book.

jhanic
12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I can't find any mention of the publication date. Here's the CD link:

Secretary of Dreams Vol. 2 (http://www.cemeterydance.com/sh/king03.html)

John

Patrick
12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
In many ways, no mention of a publication date feels the most honest. Kudos to CD for not setting unrealistic expectations.

midnightrambler34
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
When they emailed me to ask if I wanted to buy the signed with the same number as my Vol 1, I though it mentioned a "Spring '08" release. But you can take that at face value.

jhanic
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I just reviewed all my CD emails regarding Secretary of Dreams 2 (yes, I kept them all) and I see no mention of a date in any of them.

John

Patrick
12-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Same here as John. I have found no mention. But as I posted above, that's ok with me for now.

Randall Flagg
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
If it comes in 2008 (late at best), that's fine, but I wouldn't be suprised at an early '09 release.
If it's 2010, at that point I would be very upset.

midnightrambler34
12-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I was able to pre-order this through Horror-Mall, which is a new site from Delirium and Bloodletting books and they have it as a 6/08 release.

https://www.horror-mall.com/store/

CRinVA
12-20-2007, 08:00 AM
6/08 is early! IMHO

I just figured it would be faster thatn Vol I as they have the peripheral stuff done - the tray cases, etc.

I hope they are the same! Would look pretty stupid if they are different.

herbertwest
12-22-2007, 06:15 AM
(They dont even have a cover for the vol2 on the CD website..... does that mean that illustrations arent finished? think so)

jhanic
12-22-2007, 06:21 AM
It says that the cover art is "Coming Soon", which I take as to mean that it's not done yet.

John

Dolan
12-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Did you ever get an update on this Tex?

Nerak
12-28-2007, 10:43 AM

OFF TOPIC>>>

Like the new Pic D!!! HAWT :wub:

wizardsrainbow
12-29-2007, 03:01 AM

OFF TOPIC>>>

Like the new Pic D!!! HAWT :wub:

Continued off-topic....Dolan, glad to see you man. Missed you lately.

CRinVA
12-29-2007, 06:20 AM
I too was wondering where you've been! :-)

Patrick
12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Kenny! :couple:

So, um, any updates from CD? Anyone?

Dolan
12-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh wow - I didn’t even mean to derail the topic!

Thanks so much you guys... I have been super busy with work and just crap in general. You know how that goes. That, coupled with our troubled collectibles market, has kept me away from my game! I was actually embarrassed to come and find that the proofs are out for the new book!

Anyway, all of this time away hasn’t been bad. I have lost about 45 lbs! And I wasn’t "fat" per-say but at 6'4 I am a big boy. Anyway, trimming down and going to the gym a lot... and just being more social...if not with the site.

But things are well - glad to see you all. I do try to come once every day or so but sometimes I don’t have anything useful to add...so... I just read.

Anyway - no more topic diversions, I promise Patrick!!

X

jhanic
12-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Welcome back, Kenny. You were missed. Please make it a point to stop in once in a while!

John

texgunslinger
01-02-2008, 09:27 AM
no updates whatsoever. They did email and offer me the chance to buy in on the new SOD II. I told them I'd wait for the first version to come before I bought in. I expect they'll be using the proceeds from the II sales to fund the completion of I. I don't know who banks these guys but they must have a pretty high risk tolerance.

Actually, on second thought, if these guys had a decent banking relationship, they would not be "borrowing" customers' money to finance operations.

Patrick
01-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Zero interest loans (customer prepayments) are a better rate than they'd get from any bank, so there is a financial logic to doing it this way, whatever their banking relationship might be.

The intangible cost is, of course, customer relationships.

(Kenny, no worries, just happy to see you!)

Ari_Racing
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey Kenny! Nice to see you pal! :)

Congratulations on that diet! I'm still working on that :P

shnnrc01
01-06-2008, 04:42 AM
hey guys,just checking my old e-mail and saw i had pre-ordered this book 4 years ago!! should i have invested my $175 wisely and now be buying 1 of those German bootlegs ive always wanted.ha! anybody else pre-order this (in the hope that King signs it-he better after this length of time)? or does anyone have new info.thx,barry.

wizardsrainbow
01-06-2008, 05:10 AM
I also ordered this book. At another site, this (Publisher Cemetary Dance) was a topic of huge debate, most of it frustration. There is no new news as far as I am aware.

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2008, 06:39 AM
yeah... i have that on my "when it comes out... it comes out list". i didn't specifically order it.... but i get it since i have a lifetime membership.
wouldn't mind finding out an ETA for it though, if one of you guys contact CD and get any info.

btw wiz - i'll be sending you a package soon (within the next week)- it's not sk related...but i think you might enjoy it anyways.

Cutter
01-07-2008, 06:41 AM
I actually ordered it, to just order it. Is there conformation King is in it? I would assume if they are doing a best of they would, but I never saw it.

wizardsrainbow
01-07-2008, 10:50 AM
yeah... i have that on my "when it comes out... it comes out list". i didn't specifically order it.... but i get it since i have a lifetime membership.
wouldn't mind finding out an ETA for it though, if one of you guys contact CD and get any info.

btw wiz - i'll be sending you a package soon (within the next week)- it's not sk related...but i think you might enjoy it anyways.

Cool enough! Thanks in advance!

shnnrc01
01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
ya, i kinda ordered it in the hope that King would scratch his sig on it somewhere but then again i did the the same with the CD #50 Signed/Limited Magazine and look where that got me!!

Rahfa
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
ya, i kinda ordered it in the hope that King would scratch his sig on it somewhere but then again i did the the same with the CD #50 Signed/Limited Magazine and look where that got me!!

I actually bought - and later cancelled after a two year wait - the #50 hardcover...did it ever get published? Do you have it? How did it turn out?

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2008, 10:42 PM

I actually bought - and later cancelled after a two year wait - the #50 hardcover...did it ever get published? Do you have it? How did it turn out?
yes..it was released some time ago.
basically(as you can see) the magazine, bound in hardback, with a sig page thrown in. i got it with my lifetime membership... so i'm cool with it.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6015/cd50limitedfrontgm6.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5690/cd50limitedinsidecvrmq0.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7482/cd50limitedsignatureeg6.jpg

carlosdetweiller
01-08-2008, 05:10 AM
hey guys,just checking my old e-mail and saw i had pre-ordered this book 4 years ago!! should i have invested my $175 wisely and now be buying 1 of those German bootlegs ive always wanted.ha! anybody else pre-order this (in the hope that King signs it-he better after this length of time)? or does anyone have new info.thx,barry.

I cancelled all my outstanding orders with CD about a year ago, including this book. I had ordered some books (i.e. LEGACIES) nearly 10 years ago. So far I have been able to get the CD books I want at or below issue price after they have been released. These include SECRETARY OF DREAMS and the Lonesome Road production of DARK FORCES. Time will tell if my luck holds out but I am much more comfortable buying the books after they come out than letting those guys keep my money for years and years.

herbertwest
01-08-2008, 07:24 AM
And the money bring you some interests while is in your account instead of bringing interests to CD..
(in the case havent been spent on something else of course :p )

Rahfa
01-08-2008, 07:35 AM

I cancelled all my outstanding orders with CD about a year ago, including this book. I had ordered some books (i.e. LEGACIES) nearly 10 years ago. So far I have been able to get the CD books I want at or below issue price after they have been released. These include SECRETARY OF DREAMS and the Lonesome Road production of DARK FORCES. Time will tell if my luck holds out but I am much more comfortable buying the books after they come out than letting those guys keep my money for years and years.

10 years ago...good grief...a year ago is when I cancelled my orders, too...if one is a lifetime member like Boome, that's one thing, since it doesn't really matter when anything gets published, since you'll get it - but there's not a good reason to order any individual title from them, unless they someday manage to get their act together.

shnnrc01
01-08-2008, 12:34 PM
ya i finally received the CD #50 after a 2 year wait to reveal no King signature then promptly but it on ebay the very next day.i bought it for $75 i think and got $70 back for it.my wife thinks im a fuckin' nutcase.but i think im fine.right guys?right?

Rahfa
01-08-2008, 12:40 PM
ya i finally received the CD #50 after a 2 year wait to reveal no King signature then promptly but it on ebay the very next day.i bought it for $75 i think and got $70 back for it.my wife thinks im a fuckin' nutcase.but i think im fine.right guys?right?

Did your wife think you should have kept it?

I probably wouldn't have been so willing to take an immediate loss after such a long wait, but I also don't think it's going to be worth anything special...so I don't think you cost yourself any long term investment potential.

What I most emember about it is CD kept sending emails saying the delays were because they were "unhappy with the binder, etc." and then I finally see a copy of it, and it's just a normal magazine bound in a fake-leather binding with the usual cheezy gold stamping and a lame signature page bound in. Don't get me wrong, I like the effort and I think it's a cool idea - but if you're going to use design and production quality as the excuse for it being late, then this doesn't cut it.

They didn't promise King's signature, which was another reason I cancelled...I figured if he'd signed it, a rumor would have floated around eventually.

shnnrc01
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
ya she just couldnt understand that after such a long wait i was able to cut it loose so easy.but it seems to be that CD just cant find a "reliable " or "efficient" binder company.maybe the length of time that they're holding our money is the same time it takes them to pay for their their binder suppliers for the slipcases etc. Are the binder people getting pissed off with CD too i wonder?

midnightrambler34
01-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Some of you guys have the patience of Christ! 10 years! :scared: Man, I waited a year for Secretary and that pissed me off. Thats total bullshit, Im sorry. I will never pre-order for them again, unless I know for sure it will be quick( like the new Brian Keene).:doh:

herbertwest
01-11-2008, 02:50 AM
For me, i am waiting that the sofd2 is publishing to buy it..

jhanic
01-11-2008, 05:05 AM
I've ordered my copies of Secretary of Dreams 2 when I first got the emails, mainly to ensure that I got a matching number for my signed numbered edition. I did this keeping in mind that it would be at least a year before I saw the books. As long as you keep in mind that speed in production is NOT one of their priorities, you should be okay.

John

midnightrambler34
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I've ordered my copies of Secretary of Dreams 2 when I first got the emails, mainly to ensure that I got a matching number for my signed numbered edition. I did this keeping in mind that it would be at least a year before I saw the books. As long as you keep in mind that speed in production is NOT one of their priorities, you should be okay.

John

Your right, and I dont want to have a CD bash here but, letting someone wait 4-10 years for something they paid for is just unethical. If they were plauged with so many problems they should have sent refunds and put those people on the top of a waiting list till they had a more definitive time line of when they would be published.

carlosdetweiller
01-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Your right, and I dont want to have a CD bash here but, letting someone wait 4-10 years for something they paid for is just unethical. If they were plauged with so many problems they should have sent refunds and put those people on the top of a waiting list till they had a more definitive time line of when they would be published.

I was OK with the wait for several years. About once a year I would e-mail Mindy and ask the status of the books I had on order. She would reply promptly (usually) and explain the delays as much as she could. I didn't like it but at least there was some dialogue and I felt the books would eventually come. Then, a couple of years ago, she stopped responding to my yearly status request. I can't begin to tell you how angry that made me. 10 years of frustration boiled up and I cancelled all my outstanding orders. Now Cemetery Dance is mad at me!!! Go figure.

Randall Flagg
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
They are mad because they had to "give" your money back to you.

In one way we all should be grateful that CD exists, but in another, we all know that they fall far short of promises, and compelling excuses aside (You can only use the "My dog died. my mom has cancer, I have cancer", reason a few times before people who have paid/subscribed begin to reasonably question the "excuses".
I wish I could produce a list-I never saved all the excuses, of their reasons for delay.
I am sure though, that viewed in toto the cummulative would be repetitive and laughable.

Sir_Boomme
01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
The Century's Best Horror Fiction, Cemetery Dance -- A Fifteen Year Celebration
2 volumes limited and the lettered copies?

have i missed the updates on these? i searched the CD website and can't seem to locate anything that is referenced about this title any more. anyone got info. or can you point me to the CD weblink? :orely:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
It's Cemetery Dance..... probably be out for the 20th anniversary!

wizardsrainbow
01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I am waiting as well and have given up checking. I last checked like a year ago.

Sir_Boomme
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I am waiting as well and have given up checking. I last checked like a year ago.

i usually don't worry that much, i figure the books will get published at some time in the future, but... i don't even see any info on the CD site anymore about this book... am i just missing the order or info page for it?

it better not be canceled, since i've already paid for a lettered edition.

jhanic
01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Terry, have you tried emailing them?

John

Sir_Boomme
01-22-2008, 02:22 PM

John
not yet... didn't want to bother mindy if someone here already had info. on it.

Sir_Boomme
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM

John
not yet... didn't want to bother mindy if someone here already had info. on it.

would be funny to have the 15 year celebration on the 20th anniversary...:scared:

Patrick
01-22-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't know anything about the book, but isn't this the same book being discussed here:
Cemetary Dance - 15 Year Celebration (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1756)?

If so, we'll merge the two threads. :)

Sir_Boomme
01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
ha ha.... yeah... that thread got side tracked....so...

combine away....
still would like to know why it isn't listed on the CD site anymore.
guess i'll email mindy tomorrow and find out.

i forget... but i'm pretty sure the letered was 750.00 or more... and i DON'T get lettereds with my lifetime membership, so i paid for it in addition to the reg. limited that is supposed to come with my lifetime membership.
i'm thinking i'm just not finding the link on the CD site... i'm pretty sure they wouldn't just cancel it, not tell anyone, and keep the money.
i'll try to get some update info. from mindy tomorrow.

Patrick
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks, Terry. I'll merge the threads.

Please let us know what you hear back from Mindy about this book.

Sir_Boomme
01-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks, Terry. I'll merge the threads.

Please let us know what you hear back from Mindy about this book.

first.... i need new glasses.
there are links on the CD website... i just couldn't seem to find them.

second...i'm a freaking moron... Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration isn't even the lettered edition i ordered (though I should have a #'d limited ordered via my lifetime membership).

nope... the lettered edition i ordered a few years ago was a different book....

The Century's Best Horror Fiction

Pub. Date: 2008
edited by John Pelan
In celebration of the new millennium, Cemetery Dance Publications has commissioned a spectacular two-volume anthology project under the editorship of noted author and historian of the horror genre, John Pelan.
John will be selecting one story published during each year of the 20th Century (1901-2000) as the most notable story of that year — all 100 stories will then be collected in The Century's Best Horror Fiction.
The ground rules are simple: Only one selection per author. Only one selection per year.
Two huge volumes, one hundred authors, one hundred classic stories, over 700,000 words of fiction -- history in the making!

which has King's story "The Reach" in it.

note that both books have a publication date of this year...

The Century's Best Horror Fiction
Production Status:
Proofreading continues, but with over 700,000 words (and 1600 or so pages), it's going to be a while longer until this one is ready for the printer. Many of the stories had to be typeset from original materials so they now have to be cross-checked against those originals. It's a slow process, but it'll be worth the effort. These two volumes are going to each be among the largest books we've ever published.

:cowboy:looks like this is coming along? maybe...fingers crossed...:doh:

Cemetery Dance: A Fifteen Year Celebration
Production Status:
The editor is currently working on the table of contents, which we will announce as soon as all of the final decisions have been made and all of the authors have signed their contracts. Once the manuscript is completed, we will rush the book into production.

:scared: not sure if the production status is outdated or not, if this is the status....not sure if it'll meet the listed 2008 Pub.date

herbertwest
01-25-2008, 01:43 AM
Question for collectors :
If you guys do order a limited/lettered edition (especially with lettered editions)
Do you guys actually read the book, or even have a look inside?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-25-2008, 02:28 AM
If you guys do order a limited/lettered edition (especially with lettered editions)

I personally only look at the signature page. I get the trade copies to read.

wizardsrainbow
01-25-2008, 03:34 AM

I personally only look at the signature page. I get the trade copies to read.

Same for me. Occasionally I see artwork posted on these sites or comments about the content of a book (sometimes it is different from the trade edition) where I had NO IDEA that stuff even existed, and I OWN the damn thing.:doh: >< How embarrassing is that?

herbertwest
01-25-2008, 06:06 AM
OK, that's what i thought.. sometimes you buy lettered or limited copies, where there is bonuses, artwork, and sometimes you dont even have a look at it :p

carlosdetweiller
01-25-2008, 06:15 AM

The only real S/L book I can remember reading was THE EYES OF THE DRAGON in 1984. The trade edition wasn't published until 2 or 3 years later. That was the only way to read the book and I did so VERY carefully.

I do look through new S/L's to look at the artwork but don't really spend much time doing so.

Patrick
01-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I look through them carefully, mainly to see the artwork, but I don't actually read them. I don't handle them very often.

Brice has said that he reads his once each. He is extremely careful about it.

Sir_Boomme
01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
i never read my limiteds,proofs. gift editions, or even signed books.
i always buy two first edition hardbacks... one kept pristine/unopened... and one to read (though even that one i read with great care).
the limiteds i do peek in at the pictures and carefully look through to verify there are no defects- making sure not to open far enough to break the spine.

midnightrambler34
01-26-2008, 09:30 AM
The only time I'll read a S/L, and thats very carefully, is with some of the small publishers who do not have a paperback or trade edition available yet. But other than that? No. Open once to look at the pictures and the sig(s).

Cutter
05-07-2008, 09:43 AM
If you guys haven't checked your email CD put out in it's new newsletter this:

Finally, we can't say more right now, but we have a huge surprise announcement coming in the next month or so, and we don't expect the signed editions to last more than a few hours. Make sure you stay tuned to our Cemetery Dance Insider mailing list for details! In addition, we will be notifying the customers who preordered The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) about this news first, as our way of saying thanks for your continuing support!

Let the speculation begin... :rock:

EDIT: I just noticed Jerome posted this in the Hill/King thread. If someone wants to delete this, feel free to do so.

jhanic
05-07-2008, 09:59 AM
When I first read the email, my immediate thought was a s/l of King's newest collection, Just After Midnight. I don't know, though. Maybe it's the one that King mentioned in his speech, Under the Dome. Or maybe something else! I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

John

Cutter
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
When I first read the email, my immediate thought was a s/l of King's newest collection, Just After Midnight. I don't know, though. Maybe it's the one that King mentioned in his speech, Under the Dome. Or maybe something else! I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

John

CD actually states that they are not doing Just After Midnight in another part of the article. Also considering the original Secretary of Dreams Lettered Edition has not been published, yet, I highly doubt it's another graphic novel. I have a feeling it's his new novel too John.

jhanic
05-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I missed the Just After Midnight reference. I keep watching the BMOC for a "gift" edition of it, too. Just in case.

John

tippy4
05-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I am thrilled to hear that there might be a new Stephen King Signed Limited edition.

I just hope this is not another two year project.

herbertwest
05-07-2008, 11:07 PM
i thought that the right title was Just After SUNSET ???

DanishCollector
05-08-2008, 01:48 AM
It is. After Sunset, not Midnight.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-08-2008, 02:59 AM
I missed the Just After Midnight reference. I keep watching the BMOC for a "gift" edition of it, too. Just in case.

John

Keep an eye on the QPB website as well John. (www.qpb.com) They published the Lisey's Story Gift Edition.

I think it is "Legacies". The page has been updated and it says the title is with the binder now.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar03

jhanic
05-08-2008, 03:33 AM
i thought that the right title was Just After SUNSET ???

Blame another senior moment! Sometimes they just happen!

Thanks, Rabbit Trick, for the site. I hadn't seen that before. You could very well be right!

John

Cutter
05-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Blame another senior moment! Sometimes they just happen!

Unfortunately I don't have that excuse, it was just a mishap. lol

Legacies is also a good choice. It is sold out, but considering it's been 8 years since it was announced, they probably have a 100 copies from people wanting their money back.

Rahfa
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I have to say it would be pretty lame if CD actually bragged about finally publishing Legacies, and made that the surprise announcemnet...haha...

No matter what it is, I can't say I'm all that exicted...I'll pass on it, and if it's something I like I can always get it later.

jhanic
05-08-2008, 03:14 PM
If it's a signed limited, I'll probably pre-order it because I want the same number as my editions of Secretary of Dreams. Otherwise, I'll wait. I HATE giving them the use of my money for the lead time between announcement and publication dates.

John

Ricky
05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I've got a question for all you people who can afford thousands of dollars in books:

Does it seriously matter if you have the exact number as previous volumes? For example, all the Dark Tower limiteds.

jhanic
05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I like to if it doesn't cost me too much money. I won't pay extra to get a matching number, but if I'm ordering a new edition, I like to match if I can.

John

Ricky
05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
But what is the point in matching? I don't understand. :/

Chooch
05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
To help answear your question. When you get a S/L from lets say Grant, that number is yours. Any books in that series will be offered to you with the same number as the other one. In the case od DT someone who ordered say #25 will have the chance to get the remaining 6 books with that number A Set.Ordering that way does not cost thousands you just pay the Publishers price for that edition. If you buy a S/L and would like to try to get all same numbers you can usally send the Publisher a photo of the copyright page of the edition you have and then the next book will be yours with that number. Is it important to have all the same numbers? I beleive it is and also why would'nt you want all the same numbers? Hope this helps you a bit

Patrick
05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
The short answer:

The goal of obtaining matching numbers adds another level of difficulty to the game, and collectors love a good challenge.

Nerak
05-08-2008, 04:22 PM
cause we are geeks! :lol:

Ricky
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh okay. I'm a collector and everything, but (IMO) matching numbers is a rid ridiculous.

You guys need some therapy...my treat. :lol:

Randall Flagg
05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Save your money and just buy me a S/L. Preferably #707.:rose:

Rahfa
05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
But what is the point in matching? I don't understand. :/

You might as well ask what's the point of collecting anything? It's all an offshoot of the same thing...

jhanic
05-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh okay. I'm a collector and everything, but (IMO) matching numbers is a rid ridiculous.

I've often said that many Stephen King collectors (including me!) are nuts. You now agree!!

John

Chooch
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I'll have #240 with a side of "PC' please :lol:

Cutter
05-09-2008, 05:49 AM

It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match. But I do not pay extra money buying older books with matching numbers, because I can get them cheaper if they are not.

And it’s just cool to have. Like Cemetery Dance’s Novella Series. I’m collecting those, and I have about 3 to go, all different numbers. But I would be thrilled if they were all matching numbers, which would just be so cool, in my opinion.

wizardsrainbow
05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
cause we are geeks! :lol:

and we all need to get a life!

Matt
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
**does the geek dance with his fellow crazy people**

The goal of obtaining matching numbers adds another level of difficulty to the game, and collectors (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/nuwiki.php?do=book.view&bookid=12) love a good challenge.

I think this is pretty much the answer

Rahfa
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
And it’s just cool to have. Like Cemetery Dance’s Novella Series. I’m collecting those, and I have about 3 to go, all different numbers. But I would be thrilled if they were all matching numbers, which would just be so cool, in my opinion.

That's why I do it...I have 17 books with the same # and that's what I'm trying to collect now...I could have a complete set of limiteds tomorrow if I wanted, but what would be the point? I'm only getting s/l's with my number, or not at all...

Having said that - I mean what would be the point FOR ME. Most people don't care about matching #'s of even the DT series, much less as nuts as I am!

Cutter
05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
That's why I do it...I have 17 books with the same # and that's what I'm trying to collect now...I could have a complete set of limiteds tomorrow if I wanted, but what would be the point? I'm only getting s/l's with my number, or not at all...

Having said that - I mean what would be the point FOR ME. Most people don't care about matching #'s of even the DT series, much less as nuts as I am!
OK Rahfa takes the cake for the craziest collector here. :lol:

Matt
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Craziest of the Stephen King collectors??

Now that's saying something. :lol:

Nerak
05-09-2008, 02:55 PM
But we still love you, Nathan!!!

Sir_Boomme
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM

It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N/ books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match. But I do not pay extra money buying older books with matching numbers, because I can get them cheaper if they are not.

the one great thing about having lifetime memberships with the publisher's - like i do with CD- is that all the #'d limiteds you get from them have the same number. i have every limited they've published in the past 6-7 years... that's a lot of # 43's :rock:

Rahfa
05-10-2008, 07:06 AM
I have #43 of the New. Lt. Rap...I have it posted for some absurd price on abebooks, but keep it in mind if it's ever a book you want to add...

Sir_Boomme
05-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I have #43 of the New. Lt. Rap...I have it posted for some absurd price on abebooks, but keep it in mind if it's ever a book you want to add...

i'm not into the absurd prices ha ha... but now that you've planted the seed, it's going to be hard to forget you have it.

tippy4
05-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I too am one of those "specific number collectors". I have about a dozen books with the same number, and whenever possible, I request that number when a new S/L comes out.

I have been lucky that several books with "my number" have shown up on ebay including DT1, DT3, Desperation, Insomnia, Cycle of the Werewolf and Cujo. I had to pass on the Insomnia and the Cycle because the asking prices were just too high...but I am kicking myself now about the Insomnia.

I was able to buy DT4-DT7, Salem's Lot, Quietly Now, SodV1 and SoDV2, and BlackHouse directly from the publishers. Hopefully my copy of Legacies and He is Legend will also have my number.

The three that I would really like to add to my collection are the DT2, From a Buick 8, and Insomnia with my matching #.

But that is the fun of it...if they were all available for sale right now, then the "game" would be over. And then what would I do? :doh:

Patrick
05-10-2008, 09:13 AM
*runs off to check if I have #43 of anything*

Damn. :nope:

tippy4
05-10-2008, 09:24 AM
It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match.

While I agree that having matching numbers on a Dark Tower set increases the value of that set, I don't think having matching numbers on other S/Ls increases their value.

If I list a S/L Cujo and a S/L Firestarter on ebay at the same time....both with the same number, I doubt that these would fetch any sort of premium because the numbers match. The exception to that statement is if you happen to find a buyer out there who is looking for that specific number.

Which is why some collectors are cautious about announcing "their number". Case in point. I ended up paying about $1000 for my DT3 (about 25% extra at the time) because the seller knew I wanted it (I had posted that I was seeking it on the Grant Numbers Wanted Page). The seller had me over a barrel and he knew it.

Rahfa
05-10-2008, 10:30 AM
It also increases the value of your books. If you have all 7 Dark Tower S/N books without matching numbers, and someone else had all 7 Dark Tower S/N books with matching numbers, his would be worth a lot more on the market.

I agree it really doesn’t matter, but I try to get matching numbers at the publisher, because I know the value in my books will be higher if they match.

While I agree that having matching numbers on a Dark Tower set increases the value of that set, I don't think having matching numbers on other S/Ls increases their value.

If I list a S/L Cujo and a S/L Firestarter on ebay at the same time....both with the same number, I doubt that these would fetch any sort of premium because the numbers match. The exception to that statement is if you happen to find a buyer out there who is looking for that specific number.

Which is why some collectors are cautious about announcing "their number". Case in point. I Ended up paying about $1000 for my DT3 (about 25% extra at the time) because the seller knew I wanted it (I had posted that I was seeking it on the Grant Numbers Wanted Page). The seller had me over a barrel and he knew it.

I agree with all of that....I try to keep 'public knowledge' of my number to a minimum, also because part of me wants to randomly stumble across it, rather than have it handed to me...I also got really lucky with an odd string of unexepcted books showing up...Dark Dreamers, Gauntlet 2, Danse Macarbe, 2 of 3 Plants (which are probably the most unique of all) and a bunch I also got right from the publishers. I have a number below 75, so theoretically, I can get a match on any book...I am also missing DT II!

But, I agree it doesn't really do anything to the value on the selling end...if I only sell one book, it doesn't really do me or the buyer any good...so basically, I'd have to sell the entire set and the price would be very high - not to mention it's such a full collection it would only appeal to somebody who was either starting from scratch and didn't want to waste any time, or who would then sell off their current collection in exchange...

Looking to the future, if/when I sold off, I'd probably try to sell it as one big group for a little while, but fairly quickly sell it book-by-book and save the best for last.

I could match a couple books up on ebay, but again, since I have all the significant books with the same number, nobody would care.

nyy3723a
05-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Anyone have new insight on this release? Trying to position my father's day gift the best and hoping the timing works out on this one!

jhanic
05-19-2008, 09:05 AM
If you're thinking about Father's Day for next year, or even the year after that, you might be okay. This year, forget it!

John

Cutter
05-19-2008, 09:24 AM
If you're thinking about Father's Day for next year, or even the year after that, you might be okay. This year, forget it!

John

Yea, Cemetery Dance is just talking about an announcement. Once the announcement is posted, we will all pay, and then wait a year minimum for the book’s release. :scared:

carlosdetweiller
05-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Yea, Cemetery Dance is just talking about an announcement. Once the announcement is posted, we will all pay, and then wait a year minimum for the book’s release. :scared:

Well, not ALL of us will pay and wait. Been there, done that....but no more.

Chooch
05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I am with you Carlos....no more

sentinel
05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I still have my Legacies order taped above my desk..it's so old it's yellowed!

nyy3723a
05-20-2008, 05:28 AM
I know the book won't be available for father's day '08, but if its announced I can redirect as of yet uncommitted father's day gift funds to said release.

Cutter
05-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Both you and Bob I would suggest to use Horror Mall, and/or Camelot Books and Gifts. Both stock CD books, and both will take pre-orders but not charge you until the book actually ships. This will save you from having to go to ebay.

carlosdetweiller
05-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Both you and Bob I would suggest to use Horror Mall, and/or Camelot Books and Gifts. Both stock CD books, and both will take pre-orders but not charge you until the book actually ships. This will save you from having to go to ebay.

That is good advice and I have done business with Camelot for years. eBay has been good to me, though, on many occasions. With Camelot you still have to pay the retail price. I am finding more and more often with Cemetery Dance books that I can get them for less than retail on eBay, ABE and Bibliofind.

wizardsrainbow
05-20-2008, 08:03 AM
I agree with you Bob. Kim and Tony at Camelot are great people and you can occasionally get a good bargain with them, but I find more and more that other sources can be cheaper (but also somewhat riskier in some cases, like eBay).

BTW, I've been traveling for a week but glad to be back (although my family is traveling to Detroit this weekend for 4 days for a family reunion. I should be back full strength next week.

Ari_Racing
05-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Just received this email:

The Big Book of Necon.

In addition to contributions by over 50 of the biggest names in the genre (Straub, Gaiman, Ketchum, Hautala, Tessier, Williamson, Clegg, Keene, Campbell, Winter, Monteleone, Wilson, Lebbon, etc), this once-in-a lifetime anthology will also feature the first publicly available appearance of "The Old Dude's Ticker" by Stephen King (and Edgar Allan Poe).

This rare collaboration was previously only published in a Necon program nearly a decade ago, and that book was limited to 333 copies and often sells for $250 to $500 on the second-hand market.

TWO of our editions of The Big Book of Necon WILL BE signed by Stephen King

Ari_Racing
05-28-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm not ordering it (I received the link because I ordered SOD2), so if someone wants to use my link, please PM.

jhanic
05-28-2008, 07:07 AM
The only editions to be signed by King are:

Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, and featuring different full-color signature sheets, additional color artwork, illustrated endpapers, and original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($350)

Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 lettered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase ($1000)

This seems to be a bit expensive. (I'm probably not ordering either.)

John

thecollector
05-28-2008, 07:26 AM
I recieved notice of the book from someone a few minutes ago.. however at the end of the e-mail was a spiffy disclaimer...

"This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you."

Errr... I'm curious as to whether that's why the ordering link isn't posted? I like to release info asap to folks that are interested, but of course I prefer to avoid any legal issues :orely:

Bev Vincent
05-28-2008, 07:30 AM
The Big Book of NECON (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/booth01)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I ordered the Traycased Lettered Edition and the Deluxe Artist Edition.

Don't know why, as I already have a signed Necon XX with "The Old Dude's Ticker".

e_taylor
05-28-2008, 07:50 AM
I recieved notice of the book from someone a few minutes ago.. however at the end of the e-mail was a spiffy disclaimer...

"This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you."

Errr... I'm curious as to whether that's why the ordering link isn't posted? I like to release info asap to folks that are interested, but of course I prefer to avoid any legal issues :orely:

I DIDN'T pre-order SOD2 from them, but I just got their email, with no legal disclaimer attached. So I think all is well at this time. It'd be a cool book to own, but I can't see myself shelling out $350 for an anthology...

Nerak
05-28-2008, 07:58 AM
I may buy the trade when it's actually out...LOL 5 years from now...

tippy4
05-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Well, against my better judgement, I ordered one of the Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies.

There was no way I was going to shell out $1000 for a lettered edition!

They really need to find a new artist. Glenn Chadbourne's stuff bugs me.

Bev Vincent
05-28-2008, 07:59 AM
NECON XX is a terribly fragile book, so I haven't read most of the stories in it, many of which are reprinted here.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200/papanecon/cover.jpg

Bev Vincent
05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
"Bob Booth is overseeing the design of this project and handling much of the work himself: from the signature sheets to the interior design to the cover, he will be crafting the look and feel of every aspect of the book. The designer is finalizing the design right now and the signature sheets are almost ready to be printed. Keep watching this space for updates!"

Bob is "Papa NECON" and with his involvement in the project I think it might be finalized faster than many of CD's projects.

super sam
05-28-2008, 08:09 AM
I will pass this one.
If i was charged when it would be released.i have got the Deluxe ed.
Will try to get one on the aftermarket. (in about two years :orely: )

thecollector
05-28-2008, 08:22 AM
I just recieved a general annoucment with no disclamer so it seems folks who pre-ordered recieved just a few hours advanced notice, but at least I'm free to post it :)

Room 217 Caretaker
05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I ordered one of the 150 AE editions.

Signed by all including King.

Should be very nice.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
I ordered the 1/350 AE. I just couldn't justify "loaning" CD 1K for an indeterminate amount of time.

Edit: I ordered the 1/150 that is $350.

Calla_Wolf
05-28-2008, 09:16 AM
They really need to find a new artist. Glenn Chadbourne's stuff bugs me.

A-Men !!!!

I'm not ordering - doesn't buzz me at all

wizardsrainbow
05-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Will pass on this one myself.

jhanic
05-28-2008, 09:32 AM
If necessary, I'll also pick one up on the aftermarket when it finally gets released. I just can't see paying CD $350 now for a book that won't be out for years. (Supersam and I feel the same way, I guess!)

I don't see this one appreciating much after it's finally published anyway.

John

Room 217 Caretaker
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I ordered the 1/350 AE. I just couldn't justify "loaning" CD 1K for an indeterminate amount of time.

RF,

You know the 1/350 isn't signed by King?????

Available in four states:

item Trade Edition bound in full-cloth with full-color dust jacket artwork ($40)

item Slipcased Limited Edition of 350 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors (excluding King) on four pages of signature sheets ($175)

item Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, and featuring different full-color signature sheets, additional color artwork, illustrated endpapers, and original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($350)

item Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 lettered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase ($1000)

Mulleins

Fsmdr
05-28-2008, 09:57 AM
I ordered one of the 1/150 copy as well. It did say it's at the printers.

Brice
05-28-2008, 10:05 AM
This is something I've never understood about this company (and I've not ordered from them myself), but do they really need people's money in advance to publish their books.? Haven't they been around long enough that they could afford to just publish them and then collect the money. I suppose I could understand a new company needing the money in advance, but I really don't understand why they would. What would they do if noone preordered their books. Would they simply not publish them at all?

Cutter
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Actually I'm broke right now, so we'll see if any are available after the first, if so I'll buy. If not, I won't have any problem ordering a cheaper version, as I don't have to have King's signature for an extra $200.

One thing of note, CD seems to be getting their act together. They are really starting to release a lot of books, and some that we've been waiting a long time for. Slivers of Bones I must have paid 3-4 years ago, finally it's shipping!

shnnrc01
05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
well,i got my A/E of 1/150.i hope the info is right and its at the printers or close to it.i might see it in my lifetime.at least my kids will enjoy it(for an hour or two before they'd probably flog it!!)

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM

RF,

You know the 1/350 isn't signed by King?????

Available in four states:

item Trade Edition bound in full-cloth with full-color dust jacket artwork ($40)

item Slipcased Limited Edition of 350 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors (excluding King) on four pages of signature sheets ($175)

item Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, and featuring different full-color signature sheets, additional color artwork, illustrated endpapers, and original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($350)

item Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 lettered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase ($1000)

Mulleins

I screwed up in my post. I meant the 1/150 that is $350. I'll edit my post, but your quote will stay so the thread isn't confusing.
Thanks.

Cutter
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
well the artist edition is already gone. I guess be going for a trade edition.

EDIT: I signed up for the waiting list. This is probably good for me, as there are always people who's credit cards bounce, and since I don't have the money now, hopefully I will when (and if) a spot opens up.

CRinVA
05-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Well I am way too late to get the one that I would really want - the $350 item. I recevied the initial email before the general public, but I don't chekc my personal mail only once or twice a day at work. The time stamps on the two emails were almost exactly 1 hour apart! :-(

Well I'll keep my money and maybe that is a good thing! :-)

Patrick
05-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I saw the SoS-buyers early announcement and the later one (about 1-1/2 hours later) at the same time as I tend to check my personal email later in the morning than these types of announcements are typically made from the East Coast.

I figured all the King-signed books were probably sold out by then, and in any case I can't spare the $350 this morning, so I just ordered the $40 unsigned Trade Edition.

nyy3723a
05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Happy Father's Day to me!

I ordered the 1/150 :)

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
This is something I've never understood about this company (and I've not ordered from them myself), but do they really need people's money in advance to publish their books.? Haven't they been around long enough that they could afford to just publish them and then collect the money. I suppose I could understand a new company needing the money in advance, but I really don't understand why they would. What would they do if noone preordered their books. Would they simply not publish them at all?

A couple of years ago I hinted over on the other forum (TDT.net) that CD might not be financially stable. I received a very strongly worded e-mail from Mindy at CD that that was not the case and that CD's finances and future prospects had never been better.

Still, they were not able to reimburse me immediately for the preordered books that I decided to cancel. I cancelled about $7000 worth of books and was paid by CD in installments. I was told my money would be refunded "immediately" and that she (Mindy) had sent the "request" to Rich. Imagine my surprise when, two weeks later, I opened an envelope to find a check for a little less than half the amount owed with a curt note stating that the balance would be coming in the next month or two. If I recall correctly there was also drawn on the note a little smiley face. The balance came about six weeks later.

I feel like this incident and their continuing policy of soliciting payment prior to a book's publication indicate a business that is financially on the edge. I think they are still in way over their heads and are continuing with the business equivalent of "robbing Peter to pay Paul."

Personally I am glad to be done with them.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I agree with you Bob. They are always behind-to the point of being farcical.
Their most recent magazine issue had stuff written by Bev Vincent that was outstanding work and great information. Too bad it was ~9 months outdated.
I worry that if they go under, a claim to my credit card company can't be disputed as too much time has elapsed from charge to claim.

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I worry that if they go under, a claim to my credit card company can't be disputed as too much time has elapsed from charge to claim.

That is almost exactly my concern that led to my requesting a refund for all my outstanding orders. I was getting VERY nervous. Especially since some of the preordered books were nearing 10 years past due.

Ricky
05-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Ditto John. It's too expensive for something that's not just Stephen King.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I am going to edit the title of this thread since we now know the book's title.

Matt
05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I think this conversation about CD is interesting. I think they may have missed a major boat by not dealing squarely with some of our membership.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I've never had any problems with Cemetery Dance. I might have to wait a while but they have always delivered. I also received a surprise gift of a signed/limited print of The Dark Tower Complete Concordance for nothing recently.

Cutter
05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I think this conversation about CD is interesting. I think they may have missed a major boat by not dealing squarely with some of our membership.
This issue with CD has been ongoing with every type of collector, not just the Stephen King fans. This same argument goes on over at the horror mall, and other horror forums. And Bob is one of a hundred who've asked for their money back, me included. I asked for a little over $1,500 on pre-orders, and they paid me immediately. The stuff that was on a credit card was refunded in the same week, and a check for the paypal stuff arrived the next week. They are very aware that many people are not happy with the long waits for the books.

Still somehow they keep on chugging along, though. 18 years? now, and they are still alive. That is amazing for a small press, as an average age for a small press is under three years. So they are doing something right to be able to stay alive, but not always to the customers satisfaction.

I'm with Mr. Rabbit, I know the wait will be long but they'll deliver. And if I feel that they won't they'll refund the money, as they did before when I asked. Even with the long waits I still like CD, because I am a horror fan, and they put out tons of horror that I collect, not just Stephen King items (although they do a lot).

Also of note, I fully understand where Bob is coming from and deservedly so. There comes a point where you can only take so many delays while CD is holding your money.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 06:00 PM
While I agree 100% with Bob, I still have money "on loan" to CD. I have about $1,000 I have paid them, and obviously I made a calculated decision to trust them. They HAVE been in business for an incredibly long (for a small press) time.
Bob is smart in that the 7K he asked to be refunded can be invested wisely and earn a modest to great return, and when the actual book is published he can in most instances can buy it for close to (sometimes less) issue price.
It is difficult to argue with Bob's logic-after all; he is likely the preeminent King collector.

Sam
05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I have ordered from CD several times in the last three years, but never before then. I'm just now getting started in collecting books. However, I have to say that given the difference in price between the s/l and the a/e there better be something more than just King's signature. That's nearly a $200 difference in price and a single signature, unless the author had just died, doesn't justify the price difference. As for the $1000, y'all have at it. I purchased He is Legend s/l because I wanted the signed edition AND because it was the first collaborration. Even so, I don't see paying $1000 retail for an anthology, even a lettered one. The secondary market is a different animal because you are often purchasing books that are out of print or years old. Even so, I'm not paying $1000 for anything but the most beautiful of volumes (like maybe The Stand). And that's a maybe. Now, if I hit the lottery, we'll be talking a different game, but for now I need the cash I got. Well, my stimulus check just arrived, and I need to put it to use and fill my gas tank. Have fun.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Sam, welcome to Calvin's Corner-the Collector area.
Hope to see you around often. You are right; 1K can get you some of the most beautiful King S/L's IE-The Stand. You spend the money and in a few days-there it is.

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Also of note, I fully understand where Bob is coming from and deservedly so. There comes a point where you can only take so many delays while CD is holding your money.

Everyone must do what is or feels right for themselves. I fully understand putting money up front and waiting.....heck, I did it myself for years. It's the right tactic for some.

I was reasonably comfortable waiting year after year. About once a year I would send an e-mail to Mindy asking for an update. It was lighthearted...sort of like "Hey Mindy, It's been a year since I asked but could you give me an update on LEGACIES, etc..." She would convince me that the books would eventually come, would be worth the wait, etc., etc.

Then she (and Rich) started ignoring my e-mails. I understand that they probably constantly get e-mails wanting to know what is up with such-and-such book. And I really hated to bother them. But, after all, I had seven large tied up with them and I didn't ask for updates more than once a year or so. After my third e-mail request was ignored I got really annoyed and decided I had had enough of the good folks at CD.

carlosdetweiller
05-28-2008, 06:21 PM
It is difficult to argue with Bob's logic-after all; he is likely the preeminent King collector.

If I am it is by default. I may end up being the last one standing. It's nice of you to say so, though.

Bev Vincent
05-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Bob Booth posted this on Shocklines:

Interesting little sidelight.

This project was conceived by Brian Freeman, Richard Chizmar, Chris Golden, Craig Gardner, Dan Booth and myself. We hashed around a lot of possibilities and agreed to keep it under wraps until everything was locked down. As the writers were brought on board we swore them to secrecy and there was only one minor slip up.

Paul Wilson in his April 15th livejournal entry (Repairman Jack) mentioned that his check from the Big Book of Necon would help (a smidge) with his tax burden. Only one reader (Dave Hinchberger of Overlook Connection) was savy enough to pick up the phone and say: "Bob, what the hell is the Big Book of Necon?" Given the number of people involved, I'm amazed and I thank all the writers and artists for making this an amazing day.

Stephen King, as he has always been, was gracious, generous, and helpful. The folks in my office nearly passed out when the Fedex overnight with his signed contract arrived from "Steve King" to "Bob Booth."

As I said before the Artist's edition is gone and the lettered will be shortly. Now my 61st birthday is June 1 and Mary's (age unknown) is May 31st. So let's make it a double happy birthday and buy out the rest of those limiteds!

Bob Booth

Cutter
05-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Sam, welcome to Calvin's Corner-the Collector area.
Hope to see you around often. You are right; 1K can get you some of the most beautiful King S/L's IE-The Stand. You spend the money and in a few days-there it is.
That's true, buy a Limited Christine, or most any other signed limited by King. Heck nowadays you might be able to pick up a Desperation, Insomnia and From A Buick 8, three books for 1K. If you look at it that way, it is hard to justify the lettered of an anthology.

Although I will say, this book is going to be full of great authors, and stories. The author line-up is fantastic, I read almost all the authors listed.

herbertwest
08-11-2008, 04:59 AM
I asked some updates about the vol.2:

it’ll be a while longer for V.2… we’re only just starting the book design now.

e_taylor
08-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Nice of them to take preorder money six months prior to BEGINNING the book design!

jhanic
08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I pre-ordered my copy of Volume 2 on July 20, 2007. That's been more than a year now. I actually thought it would have been out fourth quarter of 2008. Looks like I was wrong.

John

Randall Flagg
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Cemetery Dance took orders-via a "secret" advance notice to those who purchased Vol I. They never (to my knowledge) stated an issue date-(certainly makes complaining about a delay tough:doh:) Therefore we all have "loaned" them money. Since it is a King project, I would be surprised if it "disappears"....however it might br 1-2 more years to receipt. Then one can expect to pay for Vol. III:cry:

herbertwest
08-12-2008, 12:15 AM
yeah, they are also clever and have few times said in their newsletter something like "big update" or "great announcement", turning things like it would may be available "quite" soon...

Brice
08-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh, that's exactly what they mean. It's just their definition of quite soon differs from other's definitions by a few years it seems.

e_taylor
08-12-2008, 05:52 AM
It just seems odd to me to start taking preorders, essentially when they come up with and idea for a book. I can't say its dishonest to old customers who know its a farce, but it is certainly misleading to old ones.

lophophoras
08-12-2008, 06:18 AM
It is frustrating to say the least. But the end product once received is well worth it.

;)

Rahfa
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I checked my emails, and the onsale for the SoD Vol. I was Dec., 2005...so it's been more than 2 1/2 years for those of you waiting for the lettered edition...not impressive...

herbertwest
08-13-2008, 12:00 PM
About CD, they just have send a newsletter with "HUGE PRODUCTION UPDATE"

but nothing is mentionned about King (except the non fiction)
And apparently one of their dealer have gone out of business (but apparently its related to a Vincent Chong's book.. or i think)

Cutter
08-14-2008, 05:54 AM
I checked my emails, and the onsale for the SoD Vol. I was Dec., 2005...so it's been more than 2 1/2 years for those of you waiting for the lettered edition...not impressive...

It's like a sick joke, especially when the Limiteds were out a year ago.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have no idea why CD does Lettered Editions, as they place no importance on them.

jhanic
08-14-2008, 06:00 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I have no idea why CD does Lettered Editions, as they place no importance on them.

But Geoff, they're such good items to bring in the money!!

John

e_taylor
08-14-2008, 06:10 AM

John

They really do have us by the balls so to speak, as the finished product is very nice. I'm willing to bet they'd get their act together so to speak if a lot more people took the stance Bob did - and fight on the secondary market if (Legacies)/ when they come out. That or go out of business:doh:

CRinVA
08-14-2008, 08:39 AM

John

They really do have us by the balls so to speak, as the finished product is very nice. I'm willing to bet they'd get their act together so to speak if a lot more people took the stance Bob did - and fight on the secondary market if (Legacies)/ when they come out. That or go out of business:doh:

Personally I love the products that CD puts out but as most am not thrilled with the wait and their flagrant use of my money over time. And the magazine - well I have a lifetime subscription and love to read it but I used to read Bev's colum first but nowadays that infor is woefully outdated by the time the magazine arrives!

I think that Chizmar is simply putting all his focus on the scriptwriting/Hollywood scene as that is where the real money is and where the fame comes from - not books - even though it's the books that feed that market! He should hire someone to focus on CD Publishing and get it to the point where titles are timely and released when they are stated and to not force people to pay up front! In the long run I think that would pay him huge dividends.

Case in point I have been waiting patiently for more than a year for Rocky Wood's newest book, Stephen King, the Non-Ficiton. The latest CD update (a few days ago) says now that they are on target for a Fall release. Gee they have been saying for months and months that the book is at the printers and now they are dabling with the trey case design! And then there is Robin's Furths Concordance Vol's I & II all in one collectible hardback - well the test was writtne a very long time ago and why the hell can't they get this book out - it too has been at the printers for quite some time! I suppose next they will tell us about getting close to the treycase design and the book to be published on time in the Spring of 09! :-)

herbertwest
08-14-2008, 08:45 AM

i guess that its a good financial trick... if you think about it, they do preorder, they get the money, and then during couple of years (or more) they have the money to use it on other projects, or even placed in a bank account it brings them some money back...
IMO, they are quite clever, dont you think?

e_taylor
08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I'd just like to know if they are intentionally leading their customers on, hoping to profit by investing pre-order money, OR, if they are on some type of awesome drugs (read: where can I get some!) that make them believe their projected release dates?

I wasn't on the collecting scene when From a Buick 8 came out - did they get their shit together for a big SK release?

jhanic
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
If you'll notice, they don't say when a new book is to be published any more. They just announce it ready for pre-order.

John

Cutter
08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Case in point I have been waiting patiently for more than a year for Rocky Wood's newest book, Stephen King, the Non-Ficiton. The latest CD update (a few days ago) says now that they are on target for a Fall release.
The weirdest thing is they sent out the proof for this book in 2007. So the text block was all set 10 months ago. It's not like this book has been in the designing stage for a while. It's been finished for a while, but they just haven't sent it to the printer/binder or whoever.

herbertwest
09-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Lilja posted a link with some artwork of #2... seems to progress a wee bit

DanishCollector
09-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes, but Lilja was kinda late on that. I saw the artwork a couple of months ago.

herbertwest
10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
You must have noticed that CD dont even mentioned the lettered of the volume 1 or the volume 2 in their latest newsletter...
Will the lettered even come out? :doh:

Patrick
10-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I also noticed the lack of even a mention of SOD, Volume II, in their so-called huge update. :(

Ari_Racing
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi people.
I haven´t been posting already due to huge issues at work. The financial issues worried and hit Gameloft (were I work) and in only two days more than 30 people were fired. I was lucky to keep the job, but my salary (which was going to be raised in 30 days) is frozen now and I have three times more work to do than I used to. Anyway..I still have a job (keep your fingers crossed).

talking about Cemetary dance, last year I ordered SOD II in order to submit my entry for a contest with several prices.
I contacted CD asking about the result of this contest and never got a reply. The lack of information about SOD II is upseting me and now I see that the lettered edition of vol. I was never released.

Now...did any of the ones that ordered this lettered contacted CD lately? what was their answer? (if any...).
I only spent 75 dollars that I´m seriously considering claiming back and cancel the order and buy the book when is released (we have a saying...."mas vale pajaro en mano que cien volando" (it´s more valuable one bird in your hand than a hundred flying)).

I receive emails from them with updates and offers almost everyweek...but still no news from them.

Anyway...

Sir_Boomme
10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
i have a lettered SOD1, a lettered SOD2, a limited SOD2, and a gift edition SOD 2
(all listed as forthcoming.)

lots of money tied up there... sure better be released.

good thing i'm a patient easy going type guy ha ha ha

oh yeah... and still waiting on...
The Century's Best Horror Fiction, 75.00 2 volumes
Cemetery Dance -- A Fifteen Year Celebration Limited Edition: $175 .00
CENTURY'S BEST Lettered
legacies limited

Ari_Racing
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Patrick
10-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow. Maybe we should rename this as the Cemetary Dance thread.

I've got the SOD II S/L on order, but not the Lettered nor Gift editions.

Ari, it's great to see you back. Sorry to hear about all the layoffs and your lack of a raise, but I'm glad to hear you're still employed.

herbertwest
10-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi people.
I haven´t been posting already due to huge issues at work. The financial issues worried and hit Gameloft (were I work) and in only two days more than 30 people were fired. I was lucky to keep the job, but my salary (which was going to be raised in 30 days) is frozen now and I have three times more work to do than I used to. Anyway..I still have a job (keep your fingers crossed).

talking about Cemetary dance, last year I ordered SOD II in order to submit my entry for a contest with several prices.
I contacted CD asking about the result of this contest and never got a reply. The lack of information about SOD II is upseting me and now I see that the lettered edition of vol. I was never released.

Now...did any of the ones that ordered this lettered contacted CD lately? what was their answer? (if any...).
I only spent 75 dollars that I´m seriously considering claiming back and cancel the order and buy the book when is released (we have a saying...."mas vale pajaro en mano que cien volando" (it´s more valuable one bird in your hand than a hundred flying)).

I receive emails from them with updates and offers almost everyweek...but still no news from them.

Anyway...

Personally, i prefer waiting the vol2 to be released before ordering it, as for the vol1 is still available long after the release, i guess that it will be the same for vol2.
Oh.. the contest : it definitely was a marketing thing to attract bunch of orders...

Ari, am glad that you kept your work, and hope you will. Just in case, u'd may better to have a look to companies in the same industry around you, just in case?
Fingers crossed matey

jhanic
10-02-2008, 03:35 AM
As I've said before, the only reason I pre-ordered the s/n SODII was that I wanted to make sure I had a matching number with my s/n SODI. I refuse to pre-order ANY of the Cemetary Dance books otherwise.

John

Sir_Boomme
10-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Hi people.

Personally, i prefer waiting the vol2 to be released before ordering it, as for the vol1 is still available long after the release, i guess that it will be the same for vol2.
Oh.. the contest : it definitely was a marketing thing to attract bunch of orders...

well- i get the signed limited and the gift edition with my lifetime membership....

i can see the reason to order a #'d early is so you can get matching numbers (which i always get anyway as a lifetimer)

the 1 & 2 lettereds - and i believe they both were pretty much sold out day one...so waiting on them wouldn't have worked.

e_taylor
10-02-2008, 06:48 AM
What about Robin Furth's Complete Concordance? It seems to have fallen off the edge off the earth too... It still irks me that the production update has said "At the printers!" for more than six months now.

Cutter
10-02-2008, 07:16 AM
The sad thing is with all the financial troubles hitting the US (and now it seems elsewhere) small presses are starting to get hit hard, as less people are willing to spend top dollar for books. I'm sure CD is getting hit hard too. Before I didn't mind the wait, but now I'm getting worried with my money tied up in CD.

of note: someone told me the wait on Legacies is due to one of the authors, not CD. He said this was one of the books that wasn't CD's fault, as they are at the mercy of the said author. I won't say who the author is, though.

Rahfa
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah, those with an outstanding order for a lettered SOD should rethink their position...

If, God forbid, CD filed for bankruptcy, then you would not be entitled to your money...and it's a legit concern.

I wonder what happened with a Legacies author? You would think they could just drop him or her from the anthology, but I'm there are contractual issues.

e_taylor
10-21-2008, 06:39 AM
:shoot: CEMETERY DANCE!!!

They lost me! I had a preorder for a $24 book. I asked, can I cancel this and get a copy of one of your magazines, shipped in a box so it dosent get destroyed in the mail - you guys can even keep the balance! What do I get today? A bent and destroyed magazine with no refund of the balance due!!:doh:

So I emailed Mindy and we'll see what they do about it. I requested another copy, shipped properly this time - they'll still come out on top that way.

Sorry, off topic - but I'm none too pleased!

Randall Flagg
10-22-2008, 03:25 PM
:shoot: CEMETERY DANCE!!!

They lost me! I had a preorder for a $24 book. I asked, can I cancel this and get a copy of one of your magazines, shipped in a box so it dosent get destroyed in the mail - you guys can even keep the balance! What do I get today? A bent and destroyed magazine with no refund of the balance due!!:doh:

So I emailed Mindy and we'll see what they do about it. I requested another copy, shipped properly this time - they'll still come out on top that way.

Sorry, off topic - but I'm none too pleased!

Can't say I blame you, but as long as you get a new condition magazine in less than 10 years you should be pleased.:evil:

Calla_Wolf
10-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Guys

I have some books pre-ordered from CD but I need to cancel my order and get my cash back ASAP. I know this has been discussed in several threads but what's the best way of getting my cash back QUICKLY??

I've mailed info@cemetarydance.com TWICE so far and not even got a reply. Do I have a better course of action?

Best

Ceri

gsvec
10-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Ceri, try emailing Mindy directly at mindyj@cemeterydance.com - worth a shot!

carlosdetweiller
10-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I agree with gsvec that the best course of action is to e-mail Mindy directly. Good luck. I predict that whatever happens won't happen quickly, but I hope I am wrong.

Calla_Wolf
10-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks guys

Bob - I really do hope you're wrong too

Calla_Wolf
10-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Just mailed her - fingers crossed

Anyone want a copy of Sec of Dreams 1 for £150 (that's the original price)? PM me

And if anyone wants a reasonably priced Gunslinger 1st Ed, check out my auctions (Calla_Wolf) on Ebay :)

wizardsrainbow
10-26-2008, 03:13 AM
Good luck Ceri. Hope it works out.

Randall Flagg
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Calla, I hope the advice given results in a quick resolution for you. After ~5 days this thread will be merged into the Q&A thread.
Good luck mate.

Calla_Wolf
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Yup, fair 'nuff

For info - so far, no response.

gsvec
10-27-2008, 11:29 AM
There's also this one, Calla - have you tried it yet?

Questions about a past or pending order: order@cemeterydance.com

Randall Flagg
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Try calling. Too late today, but first thing tomorrow.

Phone: 410-588-5901 (10am to 6pm E.S.T., Monday-Friday; please leave a message if you don't reach us)

carlosdetweiller
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Try calling. Too late today, but first thing tomorrow.

Phone: 410-588-5901 (10am to 6pm E.S.T., Monday-Friday; please leave a message if you don't reach us)

I suspect that they are getting Ceri's e-mails and messages just fine. They have just chosen not to respond. Monetary refunds are not their long suit.

gsvec
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
The call would probably cost him some $, tho, that I'm sure he couldn't get back.

Calla_Wolf
10-27-2008, 02:00 PM
The call would probably cost him some $, tho, that I'm sure he couldn't get back.

I'm sorry to say you're right. I can't stretch to a transatlantic phone call....and work blocks all international calls. I guess I'll have to wait...unless someone feels evil enough to phone on my behalf :cool::cool::cool:

Randall Flagg
10-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I called and left a Vm. I indicated I was a manager at The Darktower.com (http://www.thedarktower.org/) and that we have a Collector's thread where many people discuss Stephen King limited editions (most of whom have a standing order at CD), and that a member had posted a thread seeking help in immediately contacting Cemetery Dance. I also acknowledged that this being the first day of the work week it is understandable the member was not contacted, but that the hope was he would be responded to very soon.

We shall see.

gsvec
10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Nice, RF! :cool:

Calla_Wolf
10-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh boy, I love this place !!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Calla_Wolf
10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Just got this in my inbox:

Hi Ceri… I’m sorry, I was out on Friday and I just only got back in from being away for the weekend this morning, came in a half day just now to catch up on some urgent emails. There was no way for me to reply before this… I see you emailed on Friday afternoon, this morning and again this afternoon. No problem to refund you on these orders…. will research and refund as soon as I can…. ~MINDY

MASSIVE relief

I want to thank everyone for their help and support

Randall Flagg
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
What was the time stamp on the e-mail response?

Calla_Wolf
10-27-2008, 02:49 PM

18:12

Mindy's just let me know the refund's been processed

For the first time in a while I'm seeing a way out of this hole I'm in

:panic::panic::panic:

gsvec
10-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Thinking it was in response to your voice mail, Jerome? Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Congrats, Ceri!!

Randall Flagg
10-27-2008, 02:56 PM

18:12

Mindy's just let me know the refund's been processed

For the first time in a while I'm seeing a way out of this hole I'm in

:panic::panic::panic:
Sorry. Not sure what time zone 6:12 Pm was from (EDT, GMT etc.). I sent the VM @ 2:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time. I think it is GMT minus 7 hours here. No need to take congratulations if they responded before the VM.

Fsmdr
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Regardless if the phone call was the reason for the speedy response on CD, it is still a very nice gesture on your part, Jerome.

My request for a refund 3 months ago, took the whole of 1 month to be processed.

Glad to hear you got your refund that quick, Ceri.

jhanic
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I have a feeling the current credit crunch may hit CD pretty hard. I just hope they are able to stay in business.

John

e_taylor
10-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I have a feeling the current credit crunch may hit CD pretty hard. I just hope they are able to stay in business.

John

Or at least until SOD2 and the Dark Tower Concordance are released :evil:

herbertwest
10-28-2008, 01:03 AM
That's pretty cool for Calla!

lophophoras
10-28-2008, 03:04 AM

John

Or at least until SOD2 and the Dark Tower Concordance are released :evil:

LOL...

AMEN!

:thumbsup:

Cutter
10-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Regardless if the phone call was the reason for the speedy response on CD, it is still a very nice gesture on your part, Jerome.

My request for a refund 3 months ago, took the whole of 1 month to be processed.

Glad to hear you got your refund that quick, Ceri.
I actually did this too around February, it was around $2,000. They responded fast, took about 4 days to figure out what I was owed. IIRC they refunded all my money in about two to three weeks. I had no problem with them refunding my money.

nyy3723a
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I had to cancel my order for the SL NECON book, had a refund in about 2 days.

wizardsrainbow
11-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Just as a precautionary measure, I just cancelled my orders for Secretary of Dreams 2 and 15-year Anniversary Lettered edition.

Let's see how long it takes to process. Like others here, if I really want those 2 books after they are published (if ever?) I am sure I can pick them up in the secondary market, and I could care less if the new SOD matches my existing number.

In this economy, I would rather have my money. Plus I have quite a hefty bill coming up with Grant Books when the new LSOE gets announced this week.

herbertwest
11-14-2008, 11:12 AM
We've recently read quite a lot of disappointments about CD, and quite a few people cancelled their orders...
I bet that they have been quite a few cancellations, cause since 1 month or so they sent quite a few emails about special operations, to attract new customers...

nyy3723a
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
We've recently read quite a lot of disappointments about CD, and quite a few people cancelled their orders...
I bet that they have been quite a few cancellations, cause since 1 month or so they sent quite a few emails about special operations, to attract new customers...

They are always sending out solicitations to get more business, I don't see why it would be tied to order cancellations.

Ari_Racing
11-14-2008, 02:47 PM
And I've just sent an email cancelling my order as well.

SOD2: I'll buy you whenever you go out for sale...if ever.

wizardsrainbow
11-14-2008, 08:24 PM
And I've just sent an email cancelling my order as well.

SOD2: I'll buy you whenever you go out for sale...if ever.

Ari-

Tell me if you get any response from Mindy. I received nothing yet. NO, "we got your e-mail" or "it will be processed in due time"...nothing

Ari_Racing
11-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Sure!

wizardsrainbow
12-08-2008, 04:52 AM
If you scroll up a bit, you can see that on November 10, I cancelled my CD orders and requested a refund. Here is the latest missive regarding my inquiries to Mindy:

Hi David, sorry, I’ve been out over a week due to a death in my family. I’ll check with Richard on this again and be back in touch as soon as possible… sorry again. ~MINDY

e_taylor
12-08-2008, 06:53 AM
If you scroll up a bit, you can see that on November 10, I cancelled my CD orders and requested a refund. Here is the latest missive regarding my inquiries to Mindy:

Hi David, sorry, I’ve been out over a week due to a death in my family. I’ll check with Richard on this again and be back in touch as soon as possible… sorry again. ~MINDY

Not to sound harsh, but, they must have very ill families. I've been told that my problem wasn't fixed/ email left unanswered for weeks because of a death in the family at least twice.

mikeyw
12-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I have to say i'm tempted to do the same - i've SOD 1 and 2 Lettered on order, with the limited of SOD 2 (to match the limited of sod1 I have) and the lettered of Necon, so before I decide, if anyone wants to take over the orders from me, PM me.

I've mailed them to ask for updates, so you never know, they may arrive in this lifetime......but you never know.

Room 217 Caretaker
12-09-2008, 03:12 AM
I have to say i'm tempted to do the same - i've SOD 1 and 2 Lettered on order, with the limited of SOD 2 (to match the limited of sod1 I have) and the lettered of Necon, so before I decide, if anyone wants to take over the orders from me, PM me.

I've mailed them to ask for updates, so you never know, they may arrive in this lifetime......but you never know.

You have an order in for SOD 2 Lettered? When did Mindy take that?

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Ari_Racing
12-09-2008, 04:21 AM
It's sad to say this, but I reached a point where I don't believe anything else.

I emailed CD yesterday for the third time (first email was a month ago) saying that if I don't get my refund this week, I'll contact King's office directly. I don't know if Marsha and co. can do anything about this, but if they know about this, better.

I'll keep you updated.

carlosdetweiller
12-09-2008, 05:12 AM
Interest lost on approximately $7K that CD had for about 3 years = $600

Cost of multiple e-mails to Mindy and Rich requesting a refund = $0

Mental stress wondering about the financial solvency of CD = $0

Interest earned on approx. $7K since CD returned money = $400

Sleeping well at night being totally, completely done with CD forever = Priceless!!

e_taylor
12-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Interest lost on approximately $7K that CD had for about 3 years = $600

Cost of multiple e-mails to Mindy and Rich requesting a refund = $0

Mental stress wondering about the financial solvency of CD = $0

Interest earned on approx. $7K since CD returned money = $400

Sleeping well at night being totally, completely done with CD forever = Priceless!!

Out of curiosity, since you got your refund, have ANY of the books you canceled you order for been published?

carlosdetweiller
12-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Out of curiosity, since you got your refund, have ANY of the books you canceled you order for been published?

Yes. The Artist Edition of THE DEVIL'S WINE and SECRETARY OF DREAMS, Vol. 1, (only the signed numbered, not the lettered).

In both cases I have been able to get copies for my collection at the published price AFTER the books were published.

bast_imret
12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm suprised CD's not up in Washington asking for some bailout money too. :lol:

Fsmdr
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
So that makes it 1 month now for pending refunds to Ari and David.

Please let us know when you have more news from CD.

e_taylor
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
At this point I only have one book preordered with them, the forthcoming (well forthcoming for the past three years anyways) Dark Tower: Complete Concordance. If we are to believe CDs updates, it has been at the printer for about ten months. I would ask for a refund, but it was ordered with an old credit card, and they royally fucked up my last refund for the same reason, and I never ended up getting it. So, I'll just hold on for now, I don't want to loose my order AND money like the last one. Worst case scenario, I'm out $100. I wouldn't be pleased, but wouldn't loose sleep over it either.

mikeyw
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

When it was announced in June 2007 - so only a mere 18 months ago (and paid in full)

I'm told it will be amazing

It had better be

Room 217 Caretaker
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

When it was announced in June 2007 - so only a mere 18 months ago (and paid in full)

It had better be

hehehe...it's been so long I forgot I placed my order as well.

I'm sure it will be amazing. Mindy is excited about it. I'm ready to see Vol. 1 anytime now.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

e_taylor
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

It had better be

hehehe...it's been so long I forgot I placed my order as well.

I'm sure it will be amazing. Mindy is excited about it. I'm ready to see Vol. 1 anytime now.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Has anyone actually confronted them about Volume 1, and if so, was a legitimate answer ever given?

Sam
12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
<----Is waiting for Stephen King: The Non-Fiction. It's been at the printer for most of this year.

Ari_Racing
12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Well...Aparently I received my refund today. Sadly I had to said that unless I received the refund inmediately I'd talk with Marsha....and Mindy replied inmediately saying she didn't receive my other emails and giving the refund inmediately.

Well..from now on I'll deal with them when the book is released, not before. So whenever Secretary of Dreams is ready and for sale, I'll go for it at that moment. No more advance payments.