PDA

View Full Version : Small victories (and thanksgiving)

razz
10-19-2008, 05:39 PM
For my senior management class there is this website that our teacher distributes our class work from. Every Friday our teacher posts a topic in the discussion board. This most recent Fridays topic was about victories.
So I was thinking that with all the bullshit we take in every day, the small victories make most of it worth it.
What are soem of YOUR most memorable victories?
Also since Thanksgiving is coming up soon, post what you are thankful for, or what has made life better for you.

My small victories
-i made a duct tape wallet
-i made it to the senior year of high school in a school district with a 60% dropout rate

Jackie
10-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Some of my [recent] small victories
-I climed the huge rock wall during gym class
-Found the most awsome Halloween costume this year
-Finally finshed my application for wawa [It was packed full of super complicated tricky questions]

razz
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
1. y'all have a rock wall? :cry:
2. what's your costume?
3. what in the name of Cthulhu us wawa?

Jackie
10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
1. Yes in addition to many other 'climbing' 'objects' We have a whole set up outside behoind the gym. It's called project adventure and it's super fun. I did the 'cat walk' thing too which is where you and a partner have to walk across a beam and when you both reach the middle you have to figure out a way to cross each other [ which me and my friend did successfully :)]
2. Well I've been keeping it a secret...buuuttt... I don't think I'll find any of my friends on here so...why nott?? lol It's "Miss" Freddy Kruger. basically it looks like his sweart shirt but it's a dress and has tears through the middle [around the stomake area] Plus i get a hat, and Kruger Claws so it looks mad hot! lol I'll be sure to post pictures :)
3. It's a gas station/restop type of thing [ you can get coffee, subs, drinks, candy, etc.] I'd be working inside stocking and possibly the cash redgesters and stuff like that. No deli slicer for me though considering i'm only 16 [ you have to be at least 18 to use it]

Brice
10-20-2008, 08:25 AM
I have successfully managed to not kill my bosses, on a daily basis for almost a second year straight. In truth I am both proud of this and disappointed in myself at the same time. :lol:

jayson
10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I have successfully managed to not kill my bosses, on a daily basis for almost a second year straight. In truth I am both proud of this and disappointed in myself at the same time. :lol:

I know the feeling. :)

I managed to not laugh at and/or curse out my boss when he made the comments I previously posted about his "admiration" for the way Saddam Hussein "kept order" in Iraq. Like Brice, I am both proud and ashamed of myself for this one.

Darkthoughts
10-21-2008, 02:17 AM
I'd never kill my boss...being as he's also the landlord of my local :lol:

Anytime I finish an artwork project I consider it a small victory. Practically everything in my portfolio is "yet to be completed" :blush: :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
i got a job after not working for almost five years. (oh my god don't let feev in here - maybe i should have waited two more years so it would be a seven not a five! :lol: ). it's nothing big or glorious but it's fun and i like it.

i'm curtailing my conversations with katie.

i actually did something social yesterday. :D

LadyHitchhiker
10-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Recent strong victory:

I have an interview at the veterinarian's office on Thursday!

Hannah
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Today's small victories:

I managed to only smoke three cigarettes so far. :clap:
I didn't say "that's what she said" in response to a coworkers complaint that "it was going to be too hard for her to handle."
I put up with my sister's daily phone call to my work phone with good cheer and refused to be grumpy.

Woofer
11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Small victory: I started talking to someone yesterday.

turtlex
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
This is a great thread.

Small Victory : I taught myself how to juggle.

Ves'Ka Gan
11-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Small victory: I have found things I *like* about this desert town!:cowboy:

Jackie
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
ok HUGE victory... I met Stephen King, got a picture taken with him, and got a book signed by him...I can now cross that off my bucket list....even though my life is pretty much complete now...lol

Woofer
11-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Small victory: I went to the doctor.

Woofer
11-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Today is one year since I stopped smoking cigarettes.

Brice
11-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Congratulations.

Woofer
11-08-2008, 05:03 AM
TY. I still want to smoke, so this is a big deal. I give myself little rewards, though. A book here, Chikin Minis there, Screamfest and MALCOLM McDOWELL.

jayson
11-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Good for you Woofer! :clap:

I am approaching one year since I quit smoking cigarettes as well. It has not been easy, and there are plenty of times I still want a smoke. Every time I want one and don't have one, it's a small victory.

Woofer
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
TY! I even dream I'm smoking and it's great at first, but it turns to a nightmare because I realize (in the dream) that I've broken my quit. I wish I could just smoke one or two a day, but I know that's the road back to a pack a day.

ETA: Doh! Hit submit too soon. Congratulations on almost a year!

Jon
11-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Golf...

Par 4 with a dog leg around a patch of woods.

My first time on that hole (insert joke here) I picked up a wedge...through the woods and two yards from the cup! I have played golf twice in my life.

Hannah
11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
I managed to finish a 1,050 word paper in less than an hour and get an A on it.

I managed not to stare at cute guy at work today.

I resisted my starbucks urge for two days in a row now.

Chap
11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Sort of a big victory: Got a job over a year ago after many years in welfare programs
bigger victory: I still have the job, and haven't missed a day :)

small victory: I've decided to become more social
small defeat: I've not yet done anything to become more social :P

Diggity Of The Eld
11-18-2008, 08:00 AM
-Moved into condo with fiance
-Had to introduce fiance to crazy extended Christian fundamentalist family from Illinois, and she hasn't run off yet.
-Bought a comfy chair for condo.
-We've almost beat GTA 4. lol

Ves'Ka Gan
11-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey! My beau met my parents & stuck around, too! Yay for both of us :P

Of course this weekend he meets my bio dad & the rest of the clan...so wish me luck!