PDA

View Full Version : Rereading

Letti
06-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Which was the book you reread the most times?
And how many times have you read it so far?
Are you planning to reread it?

(Brian, I know your answer.) ;)

OchrisO
06-24-2007, 01:49 AM
I have read American Gods by Neil Gaiman 6 times, and will read it many more. I have read the Harry potter books 5 or so times each and I am sure I will read them again. The Theif of Always by Clive Barker is another one I re-read quite often. I'm re-reading The Dark Tower along with the group thing on here.

Letti
06-24-2007, 01:56 AM
The whole HP series 5 times?
Uh. That is something.

Brice
06-24-2007, 02:23 AM

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger- 20-25 times I think. Somewhere around there. There are others I've reread several times such as the HP series but none quite so many times. I'm rereading it again for the reread thread. :)

Darkthoughts
06-24-2007, 03:33 AM
DT...probably reread WaG the most.

HP - around 3 rereads.

LoTR and The Hobbit - ample times.

American Gods and Anansi Boys.

EoTD - many times.

Jeeves and Wooster - I have the entire collection and reread them often, anything that involves Bertie going to visit Aunt Dahlia is my favourite.

Terry Pratchett - loads, so easy to read.

John Irving - rereading my collection whenever I have nothing else to read.

Letti
06-24-2007, 03:44 AM

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger- 20-25 times I think. Somewhere around there. :)

Damn... incredible. :blink: You amaze me, Brice.

MonteGss
06-24-2007, 07:55 AM
I think IT might be the book I have read the most times. I really loved that book when I was a teen so maybe, 8-10 times?

If I count the current audio "reread" of the DT, I've probably read the last 3 about 4 times but the first 4 books about 6 times.
Harry Potter is about 5 times for each.
:)

sarajean
06-24-2007, 09:53 AM
all of the hp books so many times.
all of the dt books too many times to count.

i re-read the entire hitchhiker's guide series at least once every year, and have for the last 14 years.

good omens i've read several times. the princess bride at least 15 times.

fernandito
06-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I've reread The Gunslinger about 12 times, and Desperation at least 7 times. :)

Mordred Deschain
06-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Dune (the original book) by Frank Herbert 10+ times
The Gunslinger 5 times (if you include the audio book)
LOTR twice, the Hobbit 3 times, The Silmarillion 5 times (which The Silmarillion really answeres a lot of questions about LOTR)
Ishmael 2 times.

sarah
06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
all the harry potter books, especially books three and four, so many times. the dark tower many times, and huck finn and tom sawyer many times, and most all of jane austen's books.

Jean
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
and huck finn and tom sawyer many times, and most all of jane austin's books.
same here. Huckleberry Finn especially.

Erin
06-24-2007, 11:35 PM
The book I've re-read the most times is The Stand. I've probably read it close to 10 times.

Other books I've read many times are Jean Auel's The Clan of the Cavebear, Jurassic Park by Crichton (I really love that book), and 1984.

Also, as a kid I read Charlotte's Web and James and the Giant Peach over and over again.

Letti
06-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Guys I respect you more and more post by post. :D

Anyway I have read the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry the most times. 5 times or more..
And I really loved Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach, it's a short novel and I think I have read it 4 times or more but there was a day when I read it twice. :)

Mordred Deschain
06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Ohh..ya, I have read the Stand twice, hmmm....might be time again.

Forgot about Clan of the Cavebear, but I only read it once.

Patrick
06-26-2007, 03:32 PM
... And I really loved Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach, it's a short novel and I think I have read it 4 times or more but there was a day when I read it twice. :)
I read that one a number of times way back when, but I don't really count it because it is so short. Although I ran across it just last month and read it again. :)

... Also, as a kid I read Charlotte's Web and James and the Giant Peach over and over again.
Me too! Also the whole series of Oz books multiple times.

But the book I read the most was CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. That was years ago, but to this day I don't believe I've read any other book more times than that one.

As an adult, I cannot think of a single book (of any length) that I have read more than three times. There are always just too many unread books to discover.

towerguard
06-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Anthem by Ayn Rand - at least 5/6 times.
a fantasy series called The Watershed trilogy - 3 times
Fight Club - 3 and many many more
A Clockwork Orange - twice and planning on more.
DT 1-5 - Twice.
Black House,Talisman, Desperation, The Stand, It - 2

Matt
06-27-2007, 06:17 AM
I have re read all the King and Koontz books.

Same with LOTR and the Hobbit

I try to branch out more, in fact, I get grief from work about always listening to the same books over and over :lol:

Cutter
07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Children's books are the most I've re-read, because obviously I read them first, and I still read them to this day.

The two Lewis Carroll Alice books
All seven books of The Chronicles of Narnia
The LOTR and The Hobbit (sorta children, but I read them in grade school)
Madeleine L'Engle - The Time Trilogy (before there was a fourth book)

all of the above are way more than 5 times each, if not 10 times each

The Chronicles of Thomas Convenant (both series) at least 3 times each
The first 4 Dark Tower Books at least 3 times each
The Stand 3 times
It 2 times
And I've read a lot of Neil Gaiman's short stories multiple times.

The next re-read is The Runes of The Earth,so I can get geeked up for the second book coming out this fall. The next King one is probably It, as I've been wanting to do it for a while. And American Gods is another I've been meaning to get around to for a re-read.

taht's about all I can think of right now, lol

ZoNeSeeK
07-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Hrm, read the Eddings (garion) series about 4 or 5 times, DT a couple of times, ray feist stuff a few times over (love darkness at sethanon).

Letti
07-04-2007, 12:06 PM
... And I really loved Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach, it's a short novel and I think I have read it 4 times or more but there was a day when I read it twice. :)
I read that one a number of times way back when, but I don't really count it because it is so short. Although I ran across it just last month and read it again. :)

One day we should talk about it if you don't mind but I should reread it before. :huglove:

ManOfWesternesse
07-05-2007, 04:41 AM

Who, me?:ninja: (Can I answer anyway? :) )

Most re-read is LotR - around 25 to 30 times.
But many other Books also:-
The Stand - 10+
Earlier DT - 7/8 times
Thomas Covenant - 5+
Day of the Triffids - 10+
etc...

ManOfWesternesse
07-05-2007, 04:44 AM
......The next re-read is The Runes of The Earth,so I can get geeked up for the second book coming out this fall......

Yeah, looking forward to that one. I'm on a full Chronicles of Thomas Covenant re-read at the minute (currently on Book 3 of the First Series) :)

Cutter
07-05-2007, 04:49 AM
......The next re-read is The Runes of The Earth,so I can get geeked up for the second book coming out this fall......

Yeah, looking forward to that one. I'm on a full Chronicles of Thomas Covenant re-read at the minute (currently on Book 3 of the First Series) :)

cool :thumbsup:

I re-read them all before Runes of The Earth came out. But, I think this time I'll just re-read Runes. The new book comes in at 590 pages, I like that it has some meat. It should be interesting...

ManOfWesternesse
07-05-2007, 04:56 AM

cool :thumbsup:

I re-read them all before Runes of The Earth came out. But, I think this time I'll just re-read Runes. The new book comes in at 590 pages, I like that it has some meat. It should be interesting...

Yes, I've got a lot of hopes for this book. Be great to see TC himself again (?).
Now we just gotta live at least 6 more years to get books 3 & 4 in!:rock:

Letti
07-08-2007, 04:14 AM

Who, me?:ninja: (Can I answer anyway? :) )

Most re-read is LotR - around 25 to 30 times.

You are the kind of this thread. When you first wrote how many times you had read LoTR a very weird idea came into my mind... maybe I should read it one day, too...
You must know if one day I will finish that book I will do it because of you. :wub:

ManOfWesternesse
07-09-2007, 06:37 AM
....When you first wrote how many times you had read LoTR a very weird idea came into my mind... maybe I should read it one day, too...
You must know if one day I will finish that book I will do it because of you. :wub:

Wow! Then I sincerely hope that one of these days that will come to pass. :huglove:

sarah
07-09-2007, 06:50 AM
eventhough i reread the entire harry potter books last january, I feel that I must reread books five and six before the 21st. So last night I just opened up OoTP in the middle and started reading. It was christmas time in harry potter land. :)

Mordred Deschain
07-18-2007, 06:49 PM
eventhough i reread the entire harry potter books last january, I feel that I must reread books five and six before the 21st. So last night I just opened up OoTP in the middle and started reading. It was christmas time in harry potter land. :)

LOL...

I gotta try that.

sarah
07-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I reread the last 50 pages of the deathly hallows the other night and then i went back and reread the last 100 pages. I'm starting the book over from the start this weekend. I'm just not ready to let go and read anything other than Entertainment Weekly and Harry Potter.

Mordred Deschain
07-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I reread the last 50 pages of the deathly hallows the other night and then i went back and reread the last 100 pages. I'm starting the book over from the start this weekend. I'm just not ready to let go and read anything other than Entertainment Weekly and Harry Potter.

LOL...last night instead of reading Deathly Hollows I read STARS! Had to catch up on my gossip about Brad and Angelina, Brittany, and Lindsey Lohan (god knows there is just not enough of Lindsey today).

sarah
07-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm so scared for you right now.

:lol:

get er done and report back.

Mordred Deschain
07-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm a sucker for gossip