PDA

View Full Version : Fringe (spoilers too)

Pages : [1] 2

CRinVA
09-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Anyone watch the newest Fox show Fringe from the developers of Lost!

I'm hooked already!. There are Lost elements to include the transition music and the character that plays Abbadon on Lost is Special Agent Phillip Broyles of Homeland Security - and I do not think he is on the up and up!

Like Lost, Fringe starts with a plane crash but with deadlier consequences than Lost!

Like Lost there is an evil corporation - this time its Massive Dynamic headed by William Bell - whom we do not get to meet! Instead we see the Executive Director Nina Sharp who has a robotic arm/hand. The pilot ends with Nina ordering an employee to question Special Agent John Scott - but he has been dead for 5 hours!

The show has plenty of comic elements and already relationships are being drawn and in some cases drawn apart! Estranged wacko scientist and genius son! Agent Olivia Dunham played by newcomer Anna Torv and special agent John Scott who is not what he seems! Agent Dunham and Special Agent Broyles buttng heads! Jean the cow! "I don't speak Walter," "I also speak Farsi!" Spongebob Squarepants! The mid air suspended signs that tell you where the action is taking place! Great stuff!

This show is all about science that is not really science or science that is on the edge - paranormal stuff, non-aging, knowing stuff that you shouldn't know! And like Lost, plenty of unanswered questions! You gotta love it!!!

I already can't wait til next Tuesday!

CPU
09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I watched it last night (encore showing this Sunday for those that missed it). I was impressed.

When I first heard about the show I was a little skeptical that I was going to like it. I loved Alias when it first started, and Lost when it started as well. The problem with both shows (IMO) is the dedication it takes to watch every week - cause it you don't you'll end up seriously lost (no pun intended). Alias wasn't as bad as Lost in regards to needing to watch every week, but the never ending "new questions" but never any answers got to me. ;)

But, as I stated, I was impressed with the first episode of Fringe. I really hope this show is more about stand-alone episodes within a larger story, instead of the telling of larger story in bits and pieces (if that made sense :unsure: ).

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday too! :P

Tiffany
09-11-2008, 07:28 AM
I saw it and liked it very much. Love is a strong word but it's definitely hooked me.

I found the pre-commercial break images on black with the moving white dot VERY intriguing (the frog, the leaf, the butterfly).

That's not a spoiler, right?

streetbudz
09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I liked this show as well. I am on board.

alinda
09-11-2008, 07:44 AM
me too, interesting themes for sure.:ninja:

Arthur Heath
09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I too am on board. I think the greatest Abrams standout was the letting through out the episode. Pure Lost.

Heather19
09-15-2008, 06:58 AM
I missed it when it was originally on, but had taped it and just got around to watching it. I really enjoyed it, and can't wait to see the next episode.

I found the pre-commercial break images on black with the moving white dot VERY intriguing (the frog, the leaf, the butterfly).

That's not a spoiler, right?

I did too, as well as that commercial they showed before the previews for the season.

LadyHitchhiker
09-15-2008, 07:02 AM
I can't wait for the next episode. I hope it's going to be as good as X-files like everyone's been comparing it to...

what
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Already set up the dvr for the whole season. I was blown away by the episode... my wife actually liked it which was a shock!
The whole idea about the "fringe science" drew me in immediately.

After watching last night I'm happy to say I haven't read the first comic yet. I'll get on that tonight.

Ricky
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I watched the pilot episode the other day and I really enjoyed it! I had been anticipating the premiere since summer and I'm glad that it's finally on! I really am enjoying the cool plot, characters, etc. As a huge LOST fan, who doesn't love the transition music? :)

I can not wait until tonight to see the next episode. I saw a sneak peak of it last night with the girl giving birth to that "creature/thing" and it looks very promising! It's going to be the highlight of my night. :thumbsup:

educatedlady
09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Episode 2 was just as fantastic, those first five minutes were quite a doozy! I'm totally hooked.

Old Man Splitfoot
09-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I watched the encore premiere on Sunday, and liked it a lot, but was too tired from work to stay awake through tonight's episode. No worries though, we taped it for my dad, so I'll be watching it later. I've been wanting a series like this ever since the X-Files started it's infamous decline.

Ricky
09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Really enjoyed last nights episode. Maybe even more than the pilot. I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot like LOST in regard to more and more unanswered questions each week. If they don't go completely off track, I'm fine with it!

Looking forward to next Tuesday! :)

CRinVA
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
The relationship between Special Agent Broyles (Homeland Security) and FBI Agent Olivia Dunham is already becoming more and more interesting. I really enjoyed her last comment to him about getting a pay raise - brilliant response.

I can't tell yet whether or not I am going to like massive Dynamice Executive Director Nina Sharpe, but she sure plays an interesting role.

The wacko scientist is just that - finding his car and milking the cow - priceless! And his genius son, whose backstory we need, fills out the main cast beautifully - Along with the junior FBI Agent.

I like the fact that there seems to be a finite story within the overall story each episode - in case I ever miss an episode I won't feel Lost - no pun intended! :-)

Ricky
09-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm suprised no one has posted regarding last night's episode yet! I hope you all didn't forget about it!

Each episode just keeps getting better and better. Which is pretty rare in TV series these days. You usually have a couple good ones, a bad one, back to a good one, etc. Not with Fringe!

Last night's episode was amazing! I'm skipping talking about the first 45 minutes because the ending just amazed me. Once we saw Agent Broyles talking to someone (and not showing us WHO he was talking to) and then revealing it to be Nina--my jaw dropped. They know something we don't know! Just when it couldn't get an better, it did. The last scene when we see a human in the incubator and then they reveal it to be John! That made my jaw drop for the second time.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more of growing/cloning people in future episodes. :)

Really looking forward to next week's episode! :excited:

Heather19
09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Ricky what happened at the end of the episode last night. I fell asleep and missed probably about the last 10-15 min. What was that thing in the hand, did they find out? and what happened to the guy that could see what was going on? And what's this about Agent Broyles and Nina?

Ricky
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Heather! I wish you could've stayed awake--it was amazing. If you want to see the ending, you can go to Fox's website and click on FRINGE. Once there you can watch full episdoes. I really think you'd get enjoyment out of the ending, but if you want, I could just tell you. :)

Heather19
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks, I didn't even think of that. I'll check it out.

Edit - I just went and watched it. Very good!

Bev Vincent
09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm still not convinced I'm going to stick with the show. I'm not sure I'm ready for another years-long conspiracy, even if they do wrap some things up each week.

Jon
09-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I like it...I just think the Doc is a bit over the top. If they don't make that worse, I'll keep watching.

Bev Vincent
09-25-2008, 02:25 AM
I think the Doc is the only thing that makes the show worth watching.

CRinVA
09-25-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm sticking with it! They will probalby go to reruns about the time Lost starts us Season 6 so I am good to go - one show at a time. I did see the previews of Prison Break and it looks pretty good but I am at least two seasons behind right now! :P

Ricky
09-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I agree CRinVa, once LOST starts again, I'll be fine! Right now, FRINGE will have to suffice. :)

Míchéal
09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
This is starting over here Sunday, can't wait!!!

CPU
10-01-2008, 03:43 AM
I really enjoyed last night's episode.

I'm convinced the bald man is a time-traveler, my wife is convinced he's an alien. :lol:
I was surprised to find out that he had saved Walter and Peter from certain death many years ago. It means that he/they are not simply observing things. My personal theory is that the bald man(men) are a result of Walter's research.

I wish they would have given us a little more info about the guy that was after the cylinder. For instance did he get all of his information about Walter and Peter from Peter's mind? It sure seemed to me that he knew a LOT about Peter and Walter. I wonder if he wasn't under the control of Walter's mysterious former partner who started Massive Dynamic?

Can't wait for next week now...

CRinVA
10-01-2008, 05:52 AM
I've not been disappointed yet. I think they are taking a break next week and will return in two weeks - bummer!!!

I really want to get the backstory on the Doctor/scientist's son - they just keep hinting. Last night he was trying to get a job - any job - that puts money in his pocket and gets him away from Boston - who was he talking to?

Our mad scientist has many many tales he is not telling us right now!

And that bad guy after the cylinder - what kind of gun did he have - it was pretty bad ass! I kind of think he must have ties to (was working for) Nina at Massive Dynamic!

Great ending with Olivia seeing (dead) John Scott (in the flesh) and dropping her drink after a particularly rough day chaing the Pattern! More of John Scott in the next episode according to the previews shown! :-)

alinda
10-01-2008, 05:58 AM
I am enjoying this show, the only other show I tend to watch is House, which in my area, airs on Tuesday nights just before this show Fringe airs. :D I feel TV lucky!!:wtf:

what
10-01-2008, 07:20 AM
I've not been disappointed yet. I think they are taking a break next week and will return in two weeks - bummer!!!

I really want to get the backstory on the Doctor/scientist's son - they just keep hinting. Last night he was trying to get a job - any job - that puts money in his pocket and gets him away from Boston - who was he talking to?

Our mad scientist has many many tales he is not telling us right now!

And that bad guy after the cylinder - what kind of gun did he have - it was pretty bad ass! I kind of think he must have ties to (was working for) Nina at Massive Dynamic!

Great ending with Olivia seeing (dead) John Scott (in the flesh) and dropping her drink after a particularly rough day chaing the Pattern! More of John Scott in the next episode according to the previews shown! :-)

You're spot on!

I believe the gun was some sort of rail gun/gause cannon... also did you notice the dots on the beanie the guy wore... same as the ones on the canoe under the word zeno in the first episode during the lsd induce neural connection

We have basically been talking about the show all morning at work, I'm a Fringe junkie!

alinda
10-01-2008, 07:26 AM
I've got to start recording this, It is apparent I am not catching all the details.

what
10-01-2008, 08:16 AM
For all that is Fringe (http://www.fringe-forum.com/forums/index.php?)

There is a bunch of info on little things that I didn't pick up on in the first 3 episodes.

CPU
10-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Yes, this is one of those shows where there are small details that end up relating to big things :)

Yeah, the bad guy's gun and bald-man's gun were both awesome! I willing to bet that both are based on Walter's experiments :lol:

Oh, and I laughed my ass off when bald-man ate that sandwich! :rofl:

Ricky
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
I believe that the bald man is a time traveler also. How else would he be able to not age in 30 years? For time traveling comparison, see Richard Alpert from LOST. :)

I really enjoyed last nights episode also. They just keep getting better and throwing in new things to keep us interested. I really want to know more about that darn cylinder though. It looked pretty cool--it just made a spot on my Christmas list. :)

Really cool how John came into Oliva's apartment looking for her. I can't wait until they go into more about John's "revival" and Massive Dynamic's involvement with him.

Unfortunately, they ARE taking a break so there will not be a new episode this upcoming week. What's the deal? Waiting for LOST and Fringe now. Talk about withdraw!!

Jon
10-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I must say Bev, the Doc. is growing on me.

Bev Vincent
10-02-2008, 02:32 AM
I like the addition of the bald guy to the story. I just got around to watching the episode last night and I think it was one of the best so far.

CRinVA
10-02-2008, 06:34 AM
I like the addition of the bald guy to the story. I just got around to watching the episode last night and I think it was one of the best so far.

Speaking of the Bald Guy,

Who in their right miind could eat that sandwich - I think the pepper alone would put just about anyone into convulsions or something of that sort! Hilarious!

Bev Vincent
10-02-2008, 06:40 AM
His comment to the doctor about the root beer float made me think he has issues with his senses. He turned down the offer of a float, saying that he would barely taste it. So, he probably had to add all that black pepper, hot sauce and jalapenos to get something he could taste at all.

Arthur Heath
10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
I really enjoyed The Observers role as well. The scene where the observer finds Peter in the woods and we see that he has telepathic abilities was extremely cool. I think we learn that there is a two major forces trying to work The Pattern. The one causing all the destruction and now one working against them, the people The Observer works for.
The copy I got cut off before the symbols flashed on the screen, what where they? Has anyone found any information on the meaning?

Bev Vincent
10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I've been wondering about the little icons before station breaks, too. Toads and leaves and flowers. Just to make us curious, or do they mean something?

A crazy notion struck me at the end of the episode -- that "the observer" is actually the doctor's son, lost in time.

Arthur Heath
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Ive been checking out the official Fringe forums...whoa...there are some pretty astute people who are apparently pretty bored. Lots of information though. Well, as most Abrams, more questions raised.

Ricky
10-02-2008, 12:41 PM
A crazy notion struck me at the end of the episode -- that "the observer" is actually the doctor's son, lost in time.

Wonderful observation, Bev. I was thinking the exact same thing during the final scenes of the episode. If by "the doctor" you mean Walter, then yes, I was thinking the same.

LadyHitchhiker
10-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I loved this most recent episode the best... and yes, it felt very x-filesy to me... well as much as anything can feel like it without being it. I'm looking forward to next week!

educatedlady
10-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I have a question for Doctor Who fans who are watching the show...

When "the observer" and Peter are in the woods and there's the whole telepathic thing... were any of you reminded of the alien that Doctor Who encounters in the episode "Midnight"?

Bev Vincent
10-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Yes, very much so.

Arthur Heath
10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
There is another 'Bishop': If youve seen up to episode 4 (the last one) your safe.

When the man in the hoodie takes Peter to the graveyard looking for his mothers grave to dig up the cylinder he shines a light on a grave marked Robert Bishop and says 'to bad you never knew him.'
I do like the theory of The Observer being Walters son, though Im not sure either of them know it. I also think Peter Bishop is a clone. Perhaps after this Robert Bishop passed, moved on, did what he did, Walter cloned Peter. In one of the earlier episodes after they release him from the insane asylum and he's back in his lab he insists in doing a physical on Peter, checking his eyes and blood pressure. And we already know he knows this type of fringe science, as we have already dealt with a cloning episode.

Arthur Heath
10-14-2008, 09:20 AM
We finally get a new episode tonight!

LadyHitchhiker
10-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm sooooooooooooo excited... maybe there will be more references to root beer!! :D

CRinVA
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Another episode - another satisfied customer!

A few comments as I think about what I watched last night:

Did you notice the bald headed guy in the one scene - during a pattern event. He was never mentioned - he was just there as background fodder.

The scenes with (dead) John Scott have really turned around my thinking. Is he a bad guy or a good guy. I had thought bad guy until he led Olivia to the place where he kept all his records, but he was helping Olivia there - and the diamond ring??? Was he in love adn wanting to marry Olivia? Or is that yet another ploy, the writers fucking with our minds? So that got me thinking about Maximum Dynamics - after all, they got the dead John Scott and read his (dead) mind and now he is turning up in Olivia's visions - interesting how the Dr thinks that is a side effect to the scene in Episode 1 where Olivia went into the tank to read John's brain waves - a side effect where his soul is invading her soul????

The interaction between the Dr and the junior agent (Astrid?) was interesting - him remembering that her name started with an A and getting excited. Last episode she could drill holes in his head from her stare alone after she recovered from him sedating her!

They added something to the images that pop up at commercial break time - but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was, just that when I saw it I thought this is new.

The weakest element in last night's episode was the actual "fringe" science that the ep was based on. It just did not do a lot for me.

Ricky
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I enjoyed last nights episode as well. Though the science part of it didn't thrill me either. Magnetizing pigeons? No. However, the whole "is John good or bad" kind of thing was pretty interesting. It kind of gave off a LOST vibe because it seems as if they are playing with the audiences minds a bit.

Has anyone disovered what the commercial images are? I.E. the frog, leaf, six-fingered hand, etc. I'm especially eager to know what in the world that little yellow dot means as well. Each commercial, it moves to a new location. Darn you J.J.!

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

Heather19
10-15-2008, 01:54 PM
I was wondering about that little dot as well.
I think this weekend I'm going to try to go back and watch all the episodes, I always seem to be busy when it's on, and I only end up half watching it, and I know I'm missing alot of things.

Arthur Heath
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Heres a Fringe Website (http://eastereggs.fringetelevision.com/) that shows hidden 'easter eggs' as they call them for every episode. You can see a lot of hidden stuff there.

Heather19
10-15-2008, 02:48 PM
thanks for the link

CRinVA
10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I did not see The Observer last night! :-(

Olivia's backstory (as a child) is quite interesting to say the least!

Nina Sharp - good guy? bad guy? too early to tell!

Hints at Walter's son's backstory - we want more! What is he hiding! Could he be "interested" in a relationship with Olivia?

I think next week is a rerun and the next new episode is in three weeks - boo!!!!!!!!!!!

alinda
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
:arg:missed it again last night! I can't seem to get in the habit of scheduling time around a TV show no matter how much I like it:pullhair:

Bev Vincent
10-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I figure there'll be a lot of reruns on in two weeks -- that's election day

alinda
10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I hope so. ((hug)) good to see you Bev.

Arthur Heath
10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I too missed it. Though Im 2 hours and 12 minuets away from acquiring it.

Ricky
10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I enjoyed the episode last night quite a bit. Though it wasn't heavy on answering past questions, it had a good storyline and maintained good timing and pacing throughout the episode (not to mention the Saw V TV spot during the commercials! :P).

I'm still wondering what's up with Nina. Some episodes she seems like a horrible person, but in this episode she seemed rather normal. Maybe it's just me though. I think it's quite possible that sometime ago, she was involved in "experimentation" much like we've been seeing through the season so far. That would definitely explain her robotic arm.

My only complaint is that we have to wait 3 weeks for a new episode! ><

The Lady of Shadows
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
:arg:missed it again last night! I can't seem to get in the habit of scheduling time around a TV show no matter how much I like it:pullhair:

i'm sorry, did you say scheduling time around a tv show? :lol: sweetie, that's why god invented dvr! if you don't have that use hulu like i do! i have hulu subscriptions for fringe and life and bones and psych and burn notice (some networks are just giants hemorrhoids and won't let hulu run their shows). they notify me when new eps are up and i go watch them on my computer whenever. ah, the joys of technology (and pure fucking laziness on my part!!!!!!! :lol: ).

:D

The Lady of Shadows
10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
ooops, double post. sorry. say, who do you guys think that card is from? her step-father or her dead beau? the mystery deepens since she was looking at work and the card came at home. by looking at work, i got the feeling the step-father didn't know where she lived. by the look on her face, i gathered she thought that as well. but it could be from her "dead" beau, could it not?

curiouser and curiouser. and speaking of which. those fetuses in the apple half are freaking me out!

LadyHitchhiker
10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I love the depth of this show...

Jon
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I missed it.

The Lady of Shadows
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I missed it.

lest i repeat myself (which we all know i am loathe to do - NOT) hulu hulu hulu! free! easy! (the hulu that is!). :D

Heather19
10-26-2008, 02:17 PM
ooops, double post. sorry. say, who do you guys think that card is from? her step-father or her dead beau? the mystery deepens since she was looking at work and the card came at home. by looking at work, i got the feeling the step-father didn't know where she lived. by the look on her face, i gathered she thought that as well. but it could be from her "dead" beau, could it not?

curiouser and curiouser. and speaking of which. those fetuses in the apple half are freaking me out!

My first thought was that the card came from John.

And to second what Turtle said, you can also find all the episodes online to view right off of the Fox website. Most of the main networks are doing that now with their shows.

Ricky
10-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I didn't know you watched FRINGE, turtlesong. Welcome to the fold. :)

No new episode tonight folks. 'Gotta wait another 2 weeks. However, I will be filling that void by watching It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

CRinVA
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Anyone still watching. There was a new episode this week!

I am pretty sure i saw the bald man very briefly.

Further insight to the Dr/Son relationship as we know that the Dr performed experiments on the son!

That parasite on teh heart was pretty creepy!

Bev Vincent
11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I would have been surprised to find out he didn't (referencing his experimentation)! He gets all the best lines in the show.

The Lady of Shadows
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
does anybody have any gum? or mints?

LadyHitchhiker
11-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I love his food obsessions.

CRinVA
11-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Wasn't this the first episode where Agent Broyles was at Walter's Lab. I loved Broyles expressions when Walter would make a totally non-relavent comment to him like asking for some mint gum? All I could think was Broyles thinking "how in the hell could they be putting so much faith in such a weirdo!!!!" :-)

LadyHitchhiker
11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
LOL What's a straight-laced guy doing in such a weird world? Poor Broyles...

Ricky
11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I think this episode was my favorite...or at least very close to it. I loved the ending and when they showed that it was all part of the plan to get the message, I found myself thinking (to Mr. Plant-in-the-heart), "Oh you bastard!"

Also, Walter cracked me up as usual. I love how he never gets Astrid's name correct. Then again, Astrid sounds JUST like Asteroid. :wtf:

Anticipating the new episode nest Tuesday!

LadyHitchhiker
11-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Him calling her asteroid absolutely killed me. I nearly fell in the floor it was so funny.

Ricky
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I know, right? I rarely laugh out loud at TV shows (except for The Office) but this was a truly laughable moment!

LadyHitchhiker
11-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I just love that guy. ONe of the best scripted guys ever.

Still Servant
11-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Sweet! Tonight's episode opens up in Middletown, Connecticut. Only 15 minutes from where I live.

I'm sure it was shot somewhere else, but it was still cool to see the name on screen.

Ricky
09-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Anyone out there that's kept up with the show? Season 2 starts in a couple weeks so I'm pretty excited!

Season 1 is out on DVD now. I'm going to run and get it today if Best Buy decides to process my Reward Zone certificates. :arg:

I only wish that the DVD came out a bit earlier so I can catch up without S2S creeping up. I'll just have to do a cramming session each night before the premiere. :)

EDIT: Season 2 starts on the 17th. Time really did fly by. :panic:

Nerak
09-13-2009, 06:45 AM
I can't wait!!!

Ricky
09-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Do you plan on getting the DVD Karen?

Nerak
09-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Maybe someday! LOL It's a wicked cool show! If Hubby has anything to say about it, we probably will.

I mean, I love Lost, have the first season on DVD, but I have never watched it! :LOL:

So, maybe when the series is over I will buy the rest so I can watch when I want.

LadyHitchhiker
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Leonard Nimoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky
09-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, I went to Best Buy and found out that the S1 DVD sale is over. I just went there yesterday too. :arg:

I'm thinking about getting it from B&N online now. It'd be around $35 which is much more reasonable than the retail price of $60.

mystima
09-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I watched the season premier and was shocked at its ending with the agentactually being taken over by the shifter with the three prong thing and then put into the incinerator. that kinda made me upset that they actually killed off a main character like they did locke on lost and put him in to replace him. and alsowhy can't Olivia remember where she was and who she met. and with last seasons final episode where walter goes to the grave yard and it shows who's grave it is makes me think that he went to the alternate world to get his son that died and that is why he doesn't remember his childhood!

LadyHitchhiker
09-18-2009, 03:47 AM
I watched the season premier and was shocked at its ending with the agentactually being taken over by the shifter with the three prong thing and then put into the incinerator. that kinda made me upset that they actually killed off a main character like they did locke on lost and put him in to replace him. and alsowhy can't Olivia remember where she was and who she met. and with last seasons final episode where walter goes to the grave yard and it shows who's grave it is makes me think that he went to the alternate world to get his son that died and that is why he doesn't remember his childhood!

Well as to your first statement, I agree. As for your second one, couldn't it be related to

the brain damage she suffered from being in the accident? I mean they made it out that she would die the next day and then she woke up spouting Greek at Peter. So maybe it'll take her a little bit to adjust? Not sure.

Bev Vincent
09-18-2009, 05:10 AM
I knew Charlie was gonna be a replacement when the camera panned away from him. It was gonna take more than a few bullets to take that soldier down. I wonder how the actor feels about having to play Bad Charlie this season? Interesting developments.

The Greek message from Peter's mother is intriguing, too, given that we're meant to believe that Peter is really Peter-from-the-other-dimension, based on the season one finale.

candy
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
is this season 2 in the spoilers? just so i know not to click em. cheers we have not got it yet you see

Bev Vincent
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Yes, season 2 started here last night.

candy
09-18-2009, 10:09 AM
thanks Bev, i can get excited as we are normally not that far behind

ola
09-19-2009, 12:28 AM
I knew Charlie was gonna be a replacement when the camera panned away from him. It was gonna take more than a few bullets to take that soldier down. I wonder how the actor feels about having to play Bad Charlie this season? Interesting developments.

The Greek message from Peter's mother is intriguing, too, given that we're meant to believe that Peter is really Peter-from-the-other-dimension, based on the season one finale.

It was such a downer when I realized that Charlie had been shapeshifted. I liked him a lot!

I keep anticipating the moment that Peter finds out that he's not the Peter from this world. I'm glad he's not a clone or something, that one scene at the end of another episode seemed to imply that he was, and that wouldn't have been half as good.

Ricky
01-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Anyone else going through withdraw? Between Fringe and Lost off the air for awhile, I am dying here. :panic:

ICry4Oy
01-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Did that lady in your sig just hock up a sperm?

mystima
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
yes having fringe and other show withdraw...have to just wait till they come back on. waiting patiently :excited::onfire: .... not really

ola
01-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Wait...what?!?

ICry4Oy
01-08-2010, 08:51 AM

Wait...what?!?

LOL! Ricky changed it now :(

Ricky
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Lo siento...yo tuve mi avatar para muchos mesas.

ola
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Lo siento...yo tuve mi avatar para muchos mesas.

Yeah, I just remembered what you had on there for like a year, and I think I get it now :wtf:

Edit: Only 3 more Fringes for the season, then?

Ricky
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Edit: Only 3 more Fringes for the season, then?

As in episodes? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. They're just on hiatus for now.

candy
01-09-2010, 03:30 AM
they did this last season didn't they? any reason why they keep doing it?

all my shows are in hiatus now - and its damn annoying:pirate:

alinda
01-09-2010, 05:20 AM
I freakin love this show just lately. New episodes comming up now right?

Ricky
01-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Yup, they did this last year too. Last year I'm pretty sure it was because it was the first season and they wanted to see how it did in the ratings before they aired/filmed new episodes. This time around, I think it's just because of the post-Christmas deal that every TV show seems to be going through. Doesn't make me happy.

Next episode:

Season 2, Episode 11: Unearthed

Original Air Date—11 January 2010

After a teenage girl is pronounced brain dead, her mother takes her off life support, but when doctors operate quickly to remove her organs, the deceased girl shockingly awakens screaming an alphanumeric code. Equally as perplexing as her resurrection is that she is now somehow able to speak Russian and possesses classified information only a high-ranking soldier would know. While the girl’s mind-bending condition intensifies, Walter dusts off some old lab videos and hypothesizes the unthinkable, sending Olivia and Peter to investigate the bewildering case. And here’s another mystery: is it an unaired episode from Season One, or is it from an alternate universe?

Hmm...sounds interesting. :)

candy
01-09-2010, 07:32 AM
with fringe we are never normally that far behind you so fingers crossed i wont have long to wait:fairy:

alinda
01-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I think it should be required viewing on the neurosurgery unit
for the residents, as 1/2 our pts act like a scene from this
show, and the other 1/2 act as tho' they are from an alternate universe....:panic:

Bev Vincent
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Tonight's episode of Fringe is new, but it has Charlie Francis in it so it must be an older episode. What gives? A lost episode?

Nerak
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I didn't think he died. He is an alien, right? And a shape shifter? It's all possible

Bev Vincent
01-12-2010, 03:22 AM
I didn't think he died. He is an alien, right? And a shape shifter? It's all possible

The original Charlie was killed and taken over by the alien and then the doppleganger was unmasked and destroyed.

I think that had to be an older, unaired show from before Olivia's trek into the alternate reality. The team would have been much readier to accept what happened to the girl last night knowing that such experiences were possible.

alinda
01-12-2010, 05:58 AM
I fell asleep and missed it! :arg: I think there is a site online to catch episodes right?
anyone know , or can post a link? :) Thank you very much.

Bev Vincent
01-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Fox usually runs them on their web site a few days after they air.

alinda
01-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Thank you Bev...I will go look there. :couple:

Bev Vincent
01-12-2010, 06:34 AM
According to FOX, this was an "unearthed," previously unaired episode from season one.

alinda
01-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Ok, found the site, sorry but do you know the name of the episode?:panic:

Bev Vincent
01-12-2010, 07:03 AM
It's called "Unearthed."

alinda
01-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks again, I can see it listed, I'm going to watch it now.:rock:You rock!

Nerak
01-12-2010, 08:39 AM
That makes sense. There are a couple from right before Christmas that I haven't watched yet. Gotta clear out that DVR...

Ricky
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Crap! I missed it!

I'm used to watching it on Tuesday, so I totally forgot that it would be on Monday. Oh well, I'll catch it online.

Bev Vincent
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Another new episode on Thursday this week.

mystima
02-12-2010, 11:07 PM
just saw the last episode on Hulu and it was awesome. They showed what happened to Olivia when she was a child and the "tests" Dr. Bishop and "Bellie" did on her.they gave her the ability to see objects and things from the other side/alt universe.

I knew that Peter was going to contribute to this episode in the whole alt universe story arc when she finally saw that he too was from there :panic: :panic: :panic: :excited: :excited: :excited:

alinda
02-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Warning!possible Peter senario:

I think he died as a child in one of the experiments, and Walter brought back from "the other side " another Peter so that he didnt have to live with out his son.

Q: If you were able to do something like this would you?
and....what reprocussions do you think will happen on this side when it is found out?
I dont think if it's true that it could remain unknown for much longer....:unsure:

mystima
02-13-2010, 07:22 PM
That is why Peter's memory of his childhood is so different from what Walter is telling him.

Hannah
02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't know there was a thread for Fringe! :excited:

I read on EW.com that there was going to be a big Walter-Belly showdown this season! :panic:

Bev Vincent
02-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Given what we learned recently about the conservation of mass requirements when something goes from one reality to the other, I wonder what made up for Peter when Walt brought him across.

Hannah
02-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Good point, Bev!

I was thinking it may have have something to do with the dead Peter's body. Maybe he isn't really buried in this world, but in the other world.

Ricky
02-17-2010, 03:38 PM

You're only about a year late. Don't worry. :lol:

Hannah
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM

You're only about a year late. Don't worry. :lol:

It's okay. It took me a long time to discover this show, and to start saying the title right. I have this bad habit of putting "the" in front of other words unnecessarily. For the first couple of months Aaron and I watched this I kept calling it "the fringe." This used to annoy Aaron all the time. Now I do it on purpose at random time just to irritate him. It's good old fashioned fun.

On topic: does anyone know when The Fringe will be back on?

Bev Vincent
02-22-2010, 04:39 PM
According to the http://www.fox.com/shows.htm, the fringe will be the back on the 1st of the April. No foolin'. (The eight-week hiatus is for the show Past Life)

Ricky
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Fringe always has large breaks in between episodes and I hate it. Though when it comes back, they better start answering some questions and get away from the "monster-of-the-week" deal they've been doing.

There's so much mystery and intrigue behind Massive Dynamic, Nina, Walter/Peter's past, the Observers, etc. that not getting into it is just annoying and disappointing to the viewer, being that the season is more than 1/2 over.

Hannah
02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
According to the http://www.fox.com/shows.htm, the fringe will be the back on the 1st of the April. No foolin'. (The eight-week hiatus is for the show Past Life)

Thanks, Bev!

Ricky - there was an article on EW.com about Fringe and it did say there will definitely be some answers before the end of this season. :rock:

Ricky
02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
That's great news, Hannah. I've been dying for some answers (or at least acknowledgement of the recurring storylines).

Ricky
03-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Saw a promo for the new episodes in April during American Idol last night. From the looks of it, we're getting back into the good stuff (backstory, MD, etc.). Also, it seems like we also are going to get to see Peter dying and Walter bringing alt-Peter from the other universe :excited:

Hannah
03-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Regarding your spoiler: SWEET!

LadyHitchhiker
03-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I... NEED... FRINGE!!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :panic:

Aaron
03-12-2010, 07:48 AM
In case you haven't all heard yet, Fox finally renewed Fringe for a third season. Let's hope they get their heads out of their asses and put it in a competetive time-slot.

Ricky
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Let's hope they get their heads out of their asses and put it in a competetive time-slot.

Agreed.

Competing against The Office and 30 Rock--I'm sure--is killing the ratings.

Aaron
03-12-2010, 02:11 PM
If they were smart, they would put it on after Lost, but that conflicts with American Idol.

Ricky
03-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Plus, V is going to be coming back and shown after Lost so that couldn't happen.

Aaron
03-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Different network.

Ricky
03-18-2010, 01:48 PM
See what happens when I watch too much TV? :lol:

Aaron
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
:lol:

Bev Vincent
04-01-2010, 10:06 AM
New Fringe tonight!

Ricky
04-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Amazing episode last night! What a great way to start of the spring airing.

I was pleasantly suprised with the reveals of the episode, as I thought that Walter purposefully "Stole" alt-Peter with no intention of bringing him back. Though, it was totally the opposite. Walter. :(

Plus, showing how Nina lost her hand? Awesome!!

Just everything about those 45 minutes rocked. Can't wait for next week.

Hannah
04-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Walternate!

It was a great episode, which filled in a lot of the details we didn't know about the old-peter-switcharoo, but I wish we would have had a lot bit more of the present. It's okay though as it looks like we're going to be getting more Peter and Olivia action next week.

Ricky
04-02-2010, 06:51 AM
I wish we would have had a lot bit more of the present.

Me too, but I think we'll get back into that next week. Last night's ep. was kind of like the "Ab Aeterno" of the season, IMO.

Hannah
04-02-2010, 06:55 AM
:panic: Don't do it, Ricky! don't compare the two. I already have a tough enough time keeping everything straight, considering the crossover of Broyles/Abernon (whatev the hell his name was on LOST).

Ricky
04-02-2010, 07:04 AM
What do you mean? I think it's pretty easy to keep LOST and Fringe seperate. I mean, the castaways are all on an Island where Jack is Walter's son. Walter is desperately trying to figure out the relationship between the Fringe Initiative and electromagnetism. Meanwhile, William Bell has vanished and Broyles completes FBI investigations on-Island to search for replacement Candidates. Plus, the window to the alt-universe has been smashed, so now no one else can get to the Island.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Olivia-Sawyer-Hurley love triangle.

Hannah
04-02-2010, 07:16 AM
:lol: I hate your face.

:P

Ricky
04-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Blame Jacob on that, he's the one who opened the portal to get young Jack from the alt-universe and half my face went with it.

:rofl:

Hannah
04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
:doh:

mystima
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
It's interesting to know the facts now and that Nina new that original Peter was gone and to have him here now. That will open up a new can of worms later on...lol:excited::excited::excited:

alinda
04-03-2010, 06:41 AM
i fell asleep :cry:

Ricky
04-03-2010, 06:45 AM
i fell asleep :cry:

:o

alinda
04-03-2010, 06:51 AM
I know, but in defence I had a really hard shift at hospital.
I so like the show, and will try to catch it online soon.

Ricky
04-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Well, I guess the hospital would be Fringe-like, depending upon your position there (I doubt you're experimenting with alternate universes though :lol: ) so you're excused.

:rofl:

alinda
04-03-2010, 07:34 AM
who told *scowls*:P

Ricky
05-01-2010, 06:33 AM
So, who enjoyed "Brown Betty" the other night? I knew the producers were planning an episode like that, so I was able to enjoy it rather than get upset and start acusing it of being filler, non-canon, etc. I enjoyed the episode, but maybe it would've fit better in the middle of the season, rather than near the season finale?

With only 3 episodes left (1 more and the finale parts 1 and 2, though 3 seperate weeks), I'm thinking we need to speed things up a bit.

Walter's singing corpses made my night, FYI. :lol:

ICry4Oy
05-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Have to put myself in the hated-it camp. Complete waste of time...even though I did chuckle at the singing corpses - for about 2 seconds. But I always feel that way about any fantasy or dream type of episode of any show. Just hate them.

Bev Vincent
05-02-2010, 05:45 AM
I thought it was brilliant. It wasn't a holodeck episode, like on Star Trek: The Next Generation, where the noir musical had nothing to do with the forward plot. Walter's story was the perfect metaphor for exactly what's going on in the entire series. Walter did steal Peter's heart-and it remains to be seen whether Peter will acknowledge Walter's sacrifice and give a piece of his heart back.

I loved the mix of period noir with anachronisms like cell phones, computers and laser rays. Broyles got some of the best noir lines: Did you actually mean "hello" or were you just stringing me along?

mystima
05-02-2010, 07:42 AM
who knew Broyles could sing....was a cool episode in my opinion. i like when they add stuff like that. kinda like the Xena and Buffy episodes with the singing.

Bev Vincent
05-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I was a little taken aback when Walter started singing Tears for Fears, but then I got into it!

mystima
05-07-2010, 05:41 PM
the ending of this weeks episode was one of those episodes where you think one thing is going to happen and boom something totally different happens. although i get the feeling that it is going to go the way that Supernatural did and they go from city to city to find things they are looking for. although i did like the fact that "Mr. Secretary." turned out to be alternate Walter Bishop wonder if they will put the two fathers together in the end and if that is the reason they are trying to break into this reality

Bev Vincent
05-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Martha Plimpton was awesome as the local cop. There's acting and there's acting.

I suspected the identity of Mr. Secretary a while back. Should make for some interesting developments.

Ricky
05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I suspected the identity of Mr. Secretary a while back.

Same. But when he was revealed last episode, I had forgotten my theory, which made for a nice suprise and a real "goosebumps" moment.

Nerak
05-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I was like...WOOOOO I totally didn't expect that. Poor Peter. :(

Bev Vincent
05-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Did you notice the US map on the wall of Mr. Secretary's office last night? There was no California!

Mike Beck
05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I didn't catch that!!!

I thought part one of the finale was pretty decent. I have to admit it was a little weird at first, though. I wasn't sure if i had missed something, and for a second i thought i was watching Heroes (what with the team of Bell and Bishop test kids).

And is it just me, or was the cancer guy kind of annoying? His line to Walter was bullsh*t. Something along the lines of "i should kill you where you stand" or some such nonsense. Really? How much time has gone by since they captured this dude? All of a sudden he's a bad ass? I was annoyed by him.

Anyway. I thought the alt-universe was pretty excellent. done well. And i also believe that both Walternate and alt-wifey are setting up Peter, using him, for whatever this end-of-the-world scenario is all about. It was pretty touching when Peter saw his mom again, but you know she's hiding something...

can't wait for the 2nd part. :clap:

mystima
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
i was kinda peeved that when the trial-special people died. how they going to get back now...and yes it is kinda sad that peter's real dad is sacrificing him for world domination.

Ricky
05-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Was it me or did the season finale seem...incomplete? I know it's supposed to be a cliffhanger, but come on; a very small portion of what was addressed in pt. 1 had hardly any importance. Peter being used to destory the universe--how? why? significance? Where's the intelligent commentary and answers from William Bell (besides the answer as to why he took out pieces of Walter's brain...which was a good explanation)? Huh?

Also, I liked the ending, but I kind of saw it coming from the moment our Olivia dyed her hair. I feel it was too much like the finale of season 1.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Bev Vincent
05-22-2010, 09:19 AM
I loved the finale. I guessed what was going on with Olivia as soon as the camera cut away before she threw the hand grenade. It sets up some terrific possibilities for next season. It also makes an interesting parallel with Olivia's situation at the beginning of the series, where her boyfriend was a traitor.

Melike
06-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Last night I wathced the finale. It is amazing to come here and read everything without thinking about spoilers. :rose:
White Tulip and Brown Betty are my favorite episodes so far. Gene's appearance in Brown Betty was awesome. :) I utterly love Walter.
And, Walternate gives me goosebumps.
I think first season finale was better but I liked this one as well.

Ricky
06-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Last night I wathced the finale. It is amazing to come here and read everything without thinking about spoilers. :rose:
White Tulip and Brown Betty are my favorite episodes so far. Gene's appearance in Brown Betty was awesome. :) I utterly love Walter.

Melike! You made it! :couple:

Glad that you were able to avoid spoilers. :thumbsup:

I agree that the first season finale was better. In my opinion, season one as a whole was better than two, though. I feel like that they just couldn't make up their minds where they wanted to go this season, and they just went everywhere. I guess the word I'd use would be somewhat "disorganized".

Melike
06-09-2010, 12:13 AM

Melike! You made it! :couple:

Glad that you were able to avoid spoilers. :thumbsup:

I agree that the first season finale was better. In my opinion, season one as a whole was better than two, though. I feel like that they just couldn't make up their minds where they wanted to go this season, and they just went everywhere. I guess the word I'd use would be somewhat "disorganized".

How couldn't it be! William Bell! That was awesome.
Ricky, what is your favorite episodes from first season and second season? Who is your favorite character?

I must admit that I loved the second season so much. I have always been a kind of person who does only care about the stories and more than that about the characters, not the endings or where the stories are headed to.

Isn't Walter amazing? He is the coolest, cutest character I have ever seen.

Here are screenshots of Gene in Brown Betty:
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy168/melikeb/forum/ghn/f0e8e629.jpg
http://fringepedia.net/w/images/3/3a/220GeneInCharacter.jpg

I thought it was brilliant. It wasn't a holodeck episode, like on Star Trek: The Next Generation, where the noir musical had nothing to do with the forward plot. Walter's story was the perfect metaphor for exactly what's going on in the entire series. Walter did steal Peter's heart-and it remains to be seen whether Peter will acknowledge Walter's sacrifice and give a piece of his heart back.

I loved the mix of period noir with anachronisms like cell phones, computers and laser rays. Broyles got some of the best noir lines: Did you actually mean "hello" or were you just stringing me along?
Absolutely! That is why it is one of my favorite episodes.

Ricky
06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Ricky, what is your favorite episodes from first season and second season? Who is your favorite character?

I must admit that I loved the second season so much. I have always been a kind of person who does only care about the stories and more than that about the characters, not the endings or where the stories are headed to.

Hmm...favorite characters? I would have to say Walter and Olivia. But they're all so compelling in their own ways, so it's really hard to choose!

Here are some of my favorite episodes:

In Which We Meet Mr. Jones
Ability
Grey Matters
Peter
White Tulip
The Arrival
Bad Dreams
There's More Than One of Everything

Melike
06-10-2010, 12:27 AM

Hmm...favorite characters? I would have to say Walter and Olivia. But they're all so compelling in their own ways, so it's really hard to choose!

Here are some of my favorite episodes:

In Which We Meet Mr. Jones
Ability
Grey Matters
Peter
White Tulip
The Arrival
Bad Dreams
There's More Than One of Everything

These are great. I also loved The Dreamscape. Death brought by butterflies was very poetic.

candy
06-19-2010, 02:26 AM
hello all :thumbsup:

Ok, just finished watching the season 2 finale last night, and i agree that i saw the end coming when she died her hair. I also agree that it felt skimmed, they have spent the whole season building up to this and it felt awfully unloved

one part i have issue with, Olivia was supposed to be the gateway to get them back? yes? well if that was true, how did AltOlivia know what to do? she has apparantley only just found out about the Alt universe, so how come she knew how to get them back? I know William Bell was supposed to give his life to provide the energy, but at the end of the day it was supposed to be Olivia that took them back across?

What was a strange feeling for me was all the way through season 1 and 2, Olivia (so i thought) was not my favourite character. But when the camera cut to her in the dark room i felt really upset for her, and wanted to the next season to START NOW god damn it you cant just leave her there!!! so i feel the writers did a bloody brilliant job with that.

There is more, but i want to savour the end for a while. (also i have no other programmes to watch now!!!:unsure:)

Ricky
06-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Glad you enjoyed the finale candy; I agree with you that the end was predictable. Now that the alt-universe has been introduced and we've actually been there now, I wonder if that's what the majority of season 3 will focus on since Olivia is trapped there and Walternate is doing something involving destroying the non-alt world. Speaking of which, was the "resolution" to that plotline totally unsatisfactory to you too?

Aaron
06-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't think that plotline is intended to be fully resolved, just postponed indefinitely. I think a lot of next season is going to be about how Walter can figure out a way to save the other universe without sacrificing ours. Understanding how Peter and the device on the other side would have fixed things would be the first natural place for him to begin his research. Then Alt-Olivia will end up falling for everything about her new identity and will join Walter and Peter to execute their plan, which will consist of fixing the other universe while rescuing the real Olivia at the same time. Then Alt-Olivia will die saving the real Olivia to remove herself as the plot-complication that can only last so long. That's my prediction, at least. :cowboy:

ICry4Oy
09-19-2010, 06:46 PM
:rock:Four more days!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

Melike
09-20-2010, 04:40 AM
:excited:

Ricky
09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
:clap:

I have no idea how they're going to start the season, so I'm looking forward to being suprised.

Melike
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I watched the promo. *sigh*

Ricky
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
:o

I haven't seen any promos. :(

Melike
09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Here:
Fringe Season 3 Promo - YouTube

Ricky
09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks! :couple:

Melike
10-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I am now watching the second episode:
''Don't be afraid to cross the line.'' William Bell.

candy
10-21-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah Fringe is back on,

am i ahead of you guys I just watched the 3rd episode?

i really hope Our Olivia susses it out soon and goes over to whip alt Olivia arse for kissing pete, but that won't happen. It will takes weeks to suss it out and then Peter will have fallen in love with Alt Olivia and wont want out Olivia

oh the romantic in me weeps!!!

But they are doing a wonderful job keeping the suspense going, while still investigating Fringe occurences. Loving it

Melike
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I am trying so hard not to click on spoiler button. :D

Anyway, it is great to see Walter again.

LadyHitchhiker
10-23-2010, 05:12 AM
There's talk they may not be continuing Fringe. I will explode if they don't. I love this show!

Bev Vincent
10-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Fringe and House are off the air during the World Series -- back in early November.

ICry4Oy
10-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes, what Bev said!

I'm loving this season but I hope the two Olivias thing doesn't drag on all season long because it's starting to remind me of Crystal Carrington in the attic.

candy
10-23-2010, 08:09 AM
that exactly my thoughts, ifour olivia doesn't get her memories back and kick altOlivias ass i will do it myself><

What night does it show in the Us then i can make sure i dont drop in here until it shows in the UK?

ICry4Oy
10-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Thursday nights in the US!

mystima
10-25-2010, 12:31 AM
and I hope we see the cab driver again...he was noticing how she was changing her personality from that of real Olivia to alt Olivia.

ICry4Oy
11-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Loved last night's ep. I do wonder if Walternate believed Realivia when she said nothing happened?

Bev Vincent
11-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I wonder what sort of chaos will take place if/when Olivia gets back to her own world. Will she have to face herself?

candy
11-06-2010, 07:25 AM
now i have to stay out of the spoiler boxes, as we have the break

why do they do this?

ICry4Oy
11-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I adore Walter!

Looks like Olivia might be finding her way back soon!!!

candy
11-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Loved last night's ep. I do wonder if Walternate believed Realivia when she said nothing happened?

you will have to excuse me we are running a week behind you chaps. I just watched this one last night, and i must say i am now so excited

One thing i hate from my entertainment is being frustrated (yes, thats what she said:wtf:) and watchingalt olivia take over our olivia life and get it on with peter has been soooo frustrating - so seeing her getting her self back together and sussing stuff out it fabby fab fab!!!! and now i just need peter to cotton on fully instead of just saying 'you haven't been yourself but i like it' argggghhh:pullhair::pullhair:

are the title different for each reality? i can't say i have taken that much notice till last night, but the titles for the Alt episode seemed different? Redder if that makes sense

mystima
11-12-2010, 06:09 PM
yes i have noticed that the opening sequences have been different. I guess that way you will know which side the episode will be about. when they did the flashback episode the opening looked like a tv show from the 60's

mystima
11-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I was so excited by tonight's episode ending. now got to wait 2 weeks to see what happens....Darn holidays....hehehehe. and I knew that we would see the taxi driver again.

Bev Vincent
11-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Also, when they transitioned at the end from alt-world to our-world, the color of the statue of liberty changed. I like the way the show's mythology is developing now. Clever clogs, too, for getting our team to pursue the numbers by making it seem that someone didn't want the numbers pursued.

candy
11-25-2010, 11:24 AM
oh its getting exciting now things are fairly going to start chugging along.

i noticed the Statue of Liberty change too, she went bronze. The titles for our world are bluey and the titles for the Alt world are red. not sure what they will do when and if the two worlds start to entwine

Now i have no idea where i am, i seem to now be in front of you? Have you all just watched the numbers being hunted for?

Have you seen the one in the Altverse where candyman killer comes back?

mystima
11-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh yes I thought that was a good episode. I bet she gets alt Broyles to help her get home. being that she helped him with his son and she now knows that he knew she was Olivia from "here" I just wonder how it will come together.

candy
11-26-2010, 10:44 AM
i don't know but i think i will enjoy the ride

however, i didn't think i would when this series started, one thing i hate is to be frustrated by my 'entertainment' and when this series started and our olivia was trapped, and then AltOli took over her life i thougt it would be really frustrating, but i think they have done a really good job keeping the momentum going and also making you feel sorry or Alt olivia and the Alt fringe team

Bev Vincent
12-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Entrada was one of the best episodes so far this season. Next week is the fall finale -- I hear they're moving the show to Friday nights when it returns. Doesn't really matter to me. I never watch it live, anyway.

alinda
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I finally caught the show "live " this week. This show in my oppinion is epic.smart too.

mystima
12-05-2010, 02:04 AM
no not Friday's. that tv hell in my house. have to endure husbands love of WWE on Monday's as well as Friday. arggggg.

alinda
12-05-2010, 05:07 AM
seriously? I should contenplate getting hubby his own TV to watch.

Melike
12-06-2010, 04:37 AM
I couldn't keep up with this season. But the first two episodes were good enough for me. I just want some time to see the others. :(

mystima
01-27-2011, 12:37 PM
anyone see this last episode. we got to see more observers was really intrigued by the whole cause and effect aspect of the episode. Plus Christopher Lloyd was awesome....kinda funny and I think they did a homeage to Back to the Future with the whole son traveling from the past to the future

candy
01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
darn it, why are we late!!! last year we were only a few days behind you

i am desperatley avoiding opening the spoiler boxes

Ricky
01-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know a good site where I can watch the first 8 episodes of this season? I haven't seen any of this season yet (I wanted to do a season 2 re-watch) and have been unsucessful in finding the early S3 eps. I checked Hulu, IMDB, etc., but no luck! There's no way I can wait for the DVD! :panic:

candy
01-30-2011, 04:14 AM
APRIL!!!!!!!! season 3 does not restart until APRIL:shoot:

Melike
02-01-2011, 06:24 AM
anyone see this last episode. we got to see more observers was really intrigued by the whole cause and effect aspect of the episode. Plus Christopher Lloyd was awesome....kinda funny and I think they did a homeage to Back to the Future with the whole son traveling from the past to the future

I missed our observer. Walter was also awesome with his colored glasses. Strawberry milkshake. :D I love the way he is so passionate about food and drinks.

Have you seen the Reciprocity? I personally didn't like the way Peter change.

Bev Vincent
02-01-2011, 06:42 AM
The observer was behind the crime scene tape at the fountain where the guy died of mercury poisoning

I'm not sure I like the new direction they're taking with Peter. We'll just have to see how it plays out. He's aware that he's been affected (What are we going to do about it?) and Walter knows, so he'll likely work on a solution

Merlin1958
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
It is a quandry right now!!!! I'm sure the writers know where they're going!!!

strungoutboy21
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Does anyone know a good site where I can watch the first 8 episodes of this season? I haven't seen any of this season yet (I wanted to do a season 2 re-watch) and have been unsucessful in finding the early S3 eps. I checked Hulu, IMDB, etc., but no luck! There's no way I can wait for the DVD! :panic:

Yes, go here. http://eztv.it/

mystima
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah I didn't like the whole Peter being the bad guy in this episode.Kinda threw me off because of it...waiting for next episode to see where it will go.

mystima
02-07-2011, 07:41 PM
the last episode was aired here on saturday instead of friday...YAY...Looks like they have more people that were in the trials than we thought.mind readers were kicked out because they knew to much. who knows how many are out there. looking forward to seeing next weeks episode as it is supposed to deal with the other side.

Melike
02-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Bolivia is pregnant!!! <_< Now this makes everything more complicated for our universe.

Bev Vincent
02-12-2011, 06:53 AM
I thought this week's episode was mostly a waste of time. The whole bug plot was just an excuse to convey two bits of information:

1) Walternate draws the line at experimenting on children, something that makes him different from Walter and slightly less loathsome
2) Fauxlivia is pregnant with Peter's child, which is a real game changer

mystima
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
hmmm..makes one think that maybe Walternate will use peter's baby for the machine...and cross that line that he might not have at the beginning. or that Folivia willgo back to our world and give peter his child when she finds out what Walternate is really up too...then die as she gives him the child.

Bev Vincent
02-17-2011, 03:13 AM
I think Walternate will use Faux-livia's pregnancy to force Peter to choose between worlds.

Merlin1958
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I think Walternate will use Faux-livia's pregnancy to force Peter to choose between worlds.

Exactly!!!!!!!

Melike
02-19-2011, 04:30 AM
Peter and Olivia have been together. I wonder if she will be pregnant too. If so, it will be impossible for Peter to make a choice, even in his subconscious. Is that a way for the two universes to survivie?

Melike
02-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow, that was a great episode, and one of my favorites of this season. Intro was amazing. Olivia and Peter's first meeting, the way Walternate learns about the other universe, all that stuff about white tulip... Beautiful details.

mystima
02-27-2011, 03:23 PM
I guess you could say thatPeter and Olivia were destined to be together from the beginning.

plus the observer was in the alternate world...saw him in Bishop Dynamics when Walternate was coming into the office.

Ricky
03-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Subject 13 Spoilers

I really liked Subject 13 as well. Comparing it to 'Peter' of last season, it seemed like the writers are making material for some future serialized flashbacks, rather than in 'Peter' where we knew what happened (for the most part), just not how and why. It seemed to me that there's much more that they could show us back in 1985 and I hope they do!

Like Melike said, the attention to detail was fantastic: the white tulips, finally seeing when Oliva "starts a fire with her mind," like Walter has mentioned a couple times throughout the seasons, and Bishop Dynamic was really cool to see too.

Melike
03-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Ricky, my only concern is they left us without Fringe last friday. Hope to see the new episode this friday.

Ricky
03-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, did you see the preview for this Friday's ep? It looks promising.

Melike
03-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Wow, this was a great episode. It felt awesome to see Jorge Garcia at beginning of the show. It is also very interesting to see how desperately Walter is in the need of his friend, William Bell, to save our world; to save his son. I wonder how ''Soul Magnet'' theory will occur in the upcoming episodes. Walter, trying to stimulate the energy of Bell's being to come back together in a host who he thinks it is Nina Sharp, by ringing a bell, made me smile as much as other ''Walter moments''. And also made me think that, if I were William Bell and had to choose a host, it wouldn't be Nina. It would definitely be Walter himself. *Especially thinking that I took some brain parts of him out. :D*

Ricky
03-13-2011, 07:47 AM
I really think this was a great episode too. So many great Walter moments. When he told Astrid, "everybody poops, dear," I lost it. :lol:

Best part of the episode: William Bell "possessing" Olivia at the end. Awesome! It was really interesting how Anna imitated Leonard's voice instead of opting for a voice-over and just moving her lips. Can't wait to see how that plays out in future episodes.

Merlin1958
03-13-2011, 04:21 PM
I really think this was a great episode too. So many great Walter moments. When he told Astrid, "everybody poops, dear," I lost it. :lol:

Best part of the episode: William Bell "possessing" Olivia at the end. Awesome! It was really interesting how Anna imitated Leonard's voice instead of opting for a voice-over and just moving her lips. Can't wait to see how that plays out in future episodes.

I have to admit that on first watch that little twist seemed a little over-the-top, but this series does continue to surprise me so, I'll reserve judgement for now.

:cool::cool::cool:

Ricky
03-14-2011, 06:43 AM
It's definitely a shocker and I can't wait to find out what Bell has to say about everything (especially the Soul Magnets). Walter's reaction when he finds out is going to be interesting too.

Melike
03-14-2011, 07:48 AM

Definitely. A voice-over would be so artificial.

It's definitely a shocker and I can't wait to find out what Bell has to say about everything (especially the Soul Magnets). Walter's reaction when he finds out is going to be interesting too.
Me too. It is so hard to wait for the next episode.

Ricky
03-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Do you know if they're taking another break between now and the finale, Melike? I haven't heard anything about one, but you never know. I just hope it gets picked up for another season. Ratings haven't been too hot recently. <_<

Melike
03-14-2011, 08:37 AM
According to the information at Fringepedia; next episode ''Stowaway'' is going to be aired at 18/03/2011, and the 18th episode ''Bloodline'' is scheduled on 25/03/2011.

Ricky
03-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Season finale? Season 3 is 22 episodes, so we have about six more to go. Or did you mean Bloodline is the last episode before a break?

Melike
03-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Season finale? Season 3 is 22 episodes, so we have about six more to go. Or did you mean Bloodline is the last episode before a break?

Ah, sorry. Yes you are right. Though it is not certain there will be a break. I mean, if there will be one more break, it won't be untill 19th episode at least.

Ricky
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Right. That's what I was trying to figure out. Usually the season finales are in May so I was thinking that if there is going to be a break, it'll probably be soon.

Bev Vincent
03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
i didn't think this was a great episode. I thought it was a banal one with a few great moments. The scene with Walter and the security guard, Peter and Olivia's increased closeness, and the last 60 seconds. I thought they could have done a lot more with the parallel between Krick & his son vs. Walter and Peter. It was okay, but not stellar, though the ending was a game changer.

Spencer
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Peter and Olivia's increased closeness

I must have missed an episode without realizing it, because that confused me to no end. I remember her bitching him out for falling in love with Fauxlivia, then the 85 flashback episode, then, back to them loving each other. I thought I was watching another "unearthed" episode, till the very end, when I knew that cliffhanger wouldn't be in an episode from the vaults. :lol: Someone please point me to the episode where the Peter/Olivia dynamic improved, I honestly don't remember that happening.

Ricky
03-16-2011, 07:04 AM
From your description, I think you might've missed 6B--the episode before Subject 13.

Spencer
03-16-2011, 07:31 AM
I'll find it, thanks! However, I still don't see how they could go from where they were to where they are in one episode, Peter's last name ain't LaFleur, you know. :lol:

Ricky
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Maybe you missed more than one episode? Peter and Oliva's relationship has been gradually mending for a few episodes now. Check IMDB Season 3 eps and see where you left off.

Melike
03-19-2011, 05:53 AM
So, what do you think about Anna Torv playing Olivia possessed by William Bell's conscioussness? Actually it sometimes seems very forced and sometimes very William Bell like. I couldn't decide.

Ricky
03-19-2011, 06:16 AM
How was this episode, Melike? I'm going to watch it later today.

Melike
03-19-2011, 08:13 AM
How was this episode, Melike? I'm going to watch it later today.
I didn't enjoyed it as much as the previous episode. But, it was ok.

Ricky
03-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Aww, crap. :(

I did read an article last night, however, that said the finale is going to be mind-blowing and epic. So that's cool.

Ricky
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
I just watched last night's ep. and really enjoyed it. I was hoping that we'd get to see Walter's reaction after finding out that Bell is possessing Olivia, but it looks like they pushed fast-forward on that a little bit. Regarding your spoiler, Melike, I think Anna is absolutely amazing. She really pulls off the Bell-voice/facial expressions fantastically. At times, it does seem a little "off", but less times than more.

At the end of the episode, I kind of got the impression that any bell will switch Bell to Olivia and vice versa, rather than just Nina's bell. It's going to be interesting to see how Walter and Bell attempt to keep him here. But I think that it's meant to fail.

One of the best parts of the episode: Astrid buttoning her shirt while next to Bellivia. :lol:

Bev Vincent
03-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I thought Anna Torv was terrific. She even did the thing with the eyebrow a couple of times. Not too much--just enough.

I had a few problems with the episode from a writing point of view: 1) Who has an invoice for 20 lbs of plastic explosive? Where do you get that -- Wal-Mart? 2) Weren't those the worst phone tracers you've ever seen on a TV show? 3) How did Broyles know the time the bomb was going to go off?

Ricky
03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
3) How did Broyles know the time the bomb was going to go off?

I was wondering about that too. He had a small device that he found in the apartment that was somehow linked to the explosive, but it didn't look like it was counting down or even working.

Ricky
03-25-2011, 06:17 AM
Fringe Renewed for Fourth Season

Source: Joel Wyman, March 24, 2011

Fox has renewed "Fringe," the critically acclaimed sci-fi drama, for a fourth season, reports Executive Producer Joel Wyman.

"Fringe was picked up!" Wyman tweeted today, "Thanks Fringedom!"

Created by J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, "Fringe" stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Blair Brown and Jasika Nicole. Though critically acclaimed, there was some worry that the series' declining ratings would prevent its renewal, especially after a recent move to its current Friday night timeslot.

Fans can now breath a sigh of relief, though, as the renewal should keep "Fringe" on the air through, at least, 2012.

:excited:

Thank God! Ratings haven't been too hot so I was worried Fox would cancel it. So happy it's renewed!

ICry4Oy
03-25-2011, 06:33 AM
:clap: