PDA

View Full Version : Matt

Matt
09-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Wow! It’s my turn

I’m such a chatty bitch I am not sure if this one will grab much attention so don’t feel bad if you are thinking…”what else could I possibly want to know about Matt?” :lol:

I was born in the summer of 1969 a few months before man landed on the moon (the Mythbusters said it did happen)…my parents were trying the place out and decided they didn’t like it so I actually spent the first few years of my childhood in SE Texas.

When I was 7, they took a motorcycle ride vacation to Colorado, when they returned my dad had already found a job and we moved to Colorado. That was 1977 so I just passed 31 years in the state, consider myself a native now.

I graduated High School in 1987 and started working right off the bat. I was a lonely kid so the first woman who showed interest ended up being the mother of my 3 children. When the 3rd one was on the way, I decided my life was going no where and joined the military. I saw the world for 4 years and learned a valuable lesson. Waking up at home is better than waking up in a hole in the ground.

Started working for the bank over 11 years ago and met the love of my life that very year at the Christmas party, we were married the very next summer and just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last month. Couldn’t be happier (for real, we are wildly in love with each other).

I’ve been a Stephen King fan since I was a teenager and started seeking out internet sites on the man late in 2003. I stumbled across one and made friends there that I still have today. When it became apparent that the internet needed a new fan site for the Dark Tower, I decided to create it. One of the coolest things I’ve ever done.

Now, the kids are almost grown. Dora and I are planning to downsize soon, sell our house and move out to the upper west coast because there are no beaches in Colorado.

So ask away people, I’m an open book

Nerak
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Hey Matt!!! :couple:

What is your fav King book?

Favorite ice cream?

Favorite drink?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Favorite sexual position?

Favorite holiday?

Ever been in an ocean?

When are you coming east to visit again?

Ok, I gotta work now!

Huggles

alinda
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi Matt, I am not very good at asking folk personal stuff. It is my experience that the answer is not always something I can forget. That said, I do have a question for you,
I think you are one of the most endearing people I've ever encountered, what do you think contributes to your ability to put folken at ease, and be so friendly and open to those you meet here on line and in your day to day activities?

PS you :rock:

jayson
09-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Matt.
Firstly let me thank you for establishing and running this site. It's an addiction for me, but in the best possible way. You've created a great atmosphere around here so kudos for that.

Now on with the questions...

Do you play any instruments?

If so, how long have you played?

If not, which one would you most like to learn?

If you could learn to play a single song, what would it be?

Do you have a favorite musical artist/band?

What is your favorite concert that you've attended?

If you could see any musical artist/band (past or present) in concert who would it be?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. These spotlight threads have been very cool. It's great getting to know more about the people here.

Matt
09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey Matt!!! :couple:

What is your fav King book?

Favorite ice cream?

Favorite drink?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Favorite sexual position?

Favorite holiday?

Ever been in an ocean?

When are you coming east to visit again?

Ok, I gotta work now!

Huggles

Fun! Thanks for the questions Karen. :wub:

1. My favorite stand alone book is The Stand. I'm a Dark Tower nut but that book will always be a big part of my life. The idea that good people sometimes have to "Stand" is a huge deal to me. It's the reason I fought for custody of my kids and a ton of other stuff.

2. My favorite ice cream is Cookie Dough. :drool:

3. Non alchy is Mt. Dew by a long shot. I've had at least one a day for about 25 years and I'm hoping it will turn me into some kind of mutant superman at some point. I would call Tequilla shots my best drunky buddy.

4. First off, anywhere with Dora is where I would want to be. But as long as I had her, I would love the upper north west corner of the US. Where mountains meet the beach. We are going to retire there and I envision a type of "hobbit hole" for the two of us.

5. That is a hard call. I love doggy style but I can't see enough of her that way. Her riding it is tied because her breasts smack me in the face very nicely and I love to kiss her.

6. Christmas, hands down. I just love the spirit of the season. I know its over commercialized and much of the reason for it is lost. But my family really has fun with it.

7. Oh yes, and I love it. Me and Dora have traveled from the west coast to the east coast to the Gulf of Mexico and on up to the Great Lakes. I love traveling the country and finding an ocean at every end is really cool :wub:

8. I would love to come up to your neck of the woods for a visit, we've never been to Maine so that is on our travel list in the next couple of years for sure (t-4 years till the kids are gone :rock:)

Matt
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi Matt, I am not very good at asking folk personal stuff. It is my experience that the answer is not always something I can forget. That said, I do have a question for you,
I think you are one of the most endearing people I've ever encountered, what do you think contributes to your ability to put folken at ease, and be so friendly and open to those you meet here on line and in your day to day activities?

PS you :rock:

What an amazing question Linda, thanks for it. :rose:

I hate to "toot" my own horn too much but the way you asked the question begs it so I'm going to go for it.

I think the first reason is my parents, they were always very open and honest with us about stuff. I'm lamenting in the political thread right now about how hard it is for people to talk to each other about certain issues. What made me think of it was the conversation my Dad and I had on Sunday about politics. Our ideas oppose each other but we still talk, he gave that to me I think.

I'm also a very confident person (in most ways). I generally don't give a crap what people think about me and try to conduct my life with consistent principles that are sometimes popular, sometimes not. My greatest advice to new parents about raising children is to simply be consistent, give them something to count on.

This is also the reason I can parade around at the hot pots sans clothing. :lol:

It warms my heart to hear that you think this way about me I must admit, much of who I am comes from the success I have had dealing with others.

Matt
09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi Matt.
Firstly let me thank you for establishing and running this site. It's an addiction for me, but in the best possible way. You've created a great atmosphere around here so kudos for that.

Now on with the questions...

Do you play any instruments?

If so, how long have you played?

If not, which one would you most like to learn?

If you could learn to play a single song, what would it be?

Do you have a favorite musical artist/band?

What is your favorite concert that you've attended?

If you could see any musical artist/band (past or present) in concert who would it be?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. These spotlight threads have been very cool. It's great getting to know more about the people here.

Thanks for the site kudos man, I consider the place one of my greatest accomplishments

1. No I don't. It is one of my life's few regrets. But I still have time.

2. I've been dreaming of it my whole life.

3. The piano, I think it would be cool to make music on something like that. I also understand that once you know how, you really "get" other instruments too.

4. I would think "Piano Man" by Billy Joel. I love how that guy plays the piano.

5. I am so afraid to say this but I'm not much of a music guy. I listen to books on tape or talk radio in my car, and we don't put on much at home. I'm very much influenced by what Dora is listening too and she seems to like Sugarland at the moment. "All I want to doo...ooo...ooo..ooo, is love you!"

6. My most favorite concert was the Dixie Chicks-Fly tour (her politics don't bother me). The music was very good but I think what really made it fun was being there with Dora. Other concerts I have seen was when I was a teenager. Saw Iron Maiden for the "Piece of Mind" tour in '83 :o. Real pretty girl had her ticket stolen and I was working (at 13) so I had plenty of money to by her a new one. She kissed my cheek and ruffed my head full of mangy hair. :wub:

7. I would love to see The Beatles play pretty much anywhere.

Thanks to you for asking them. I like these threads very much. We need to set up some for members somehow.

wizardsrainbow
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Matt Dude! :couple:

I too cannot adequately express how greatful and happy I am that you created this site. It is a real source of pleasure for me in a world that is a bit hard to take on some days.

(1) Do you like sunrises or sunsets best?

(2) Favorite character in The Stand?

(3) If the scenario behind The Stand ever really happened and you were a survivor, would it be Boulder, Vegas or loner for you?

(4) Now that you have met Mr. Stephen King (with me no less :couple: :)), what person would you most like to meet and have a chat with?

(5) What actress, past or present, do you lust after?

(6) Are you just a wee bit excited about Vegas?

Thanks Matt!!!!!

jayson
09-08-2008, 08:58 AM
I like these threads very much. We need to set up some for members somehow.

Good answers. And yes, I've been thinking the same thing about carrying these Q&A's over to the non-staff members. I know I'd love to be asked some of the questions I've seen (and some of the ones I've asked).

CRinVA
09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
hey amigo ( I can say that as we have met!) two questions for you!

1. Who in history (they must be dead) would you choose to sit down with and have dinner?

2. Who today (other than Sai King) would you choose to sit down with anbd have dinner?

alinda
09-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your answers Matt, they are really great ! :D

Daghain
09-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Matt!

Paper or plastic? Why?

Do you prefer big cities or small towns?

What's your favorite non-King book?

Is there any television series you watch regularly?

What would your dream job be?

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Matt
09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Matt Dude! :couple:

I too cannot adequately express how greatful and happy I am that you created this site. It is a real source of pleasure for me in a world that is a bit hard to take on some days.

(1) Do you like sunrises or sunsets best?

(2) Favorite character in The Stand?

(3) If the scenario behind The Stand ever really happened and you were a survivor, would it be Boulder, Vegas or loner for you?

(4) Now that you have met Mr. Stephen King (with me no less :couple: :)), what person would you most like to meet and have a chat with?

(5) What actress, past or present, do you lust after?

(6) Are you just a wee bit excited about Vegas?

Thanks Matt!!!!!

Hey David, thanks for the questions. I must admit, getting a chance to interact here and meet you in DC has been one of my greatest honors.

1. Sunrises by far. I am very much a morning person. I love how the sunrise allows for a new day, new possibilities.

2. Stu Redman was my most favorite character from the stand and aside from Mike Noonan, possibly my most favorite in all the King universe. Stu is the kind of guy I wouldn't mind starting up a new society, perfectly suited imo. I'm glad he went for Fran, it was meant to be. First father.

3. I would end up in Boulder for sure. It would be my sense of responsibility that took me there. I think we are much stronger as a group than we could ever be alone and there is plenty of evil all people need to Stand against.

4. King was the cats ass for sure but being there with people from the site made it extra special. He was the top of my list but I would love to meet Michael Whelan someday and introducing Dora to Nora Roberts would be cool. Writers are the coolest celebrities imo, they actually have to work for their fame.

5. Helen Hunt :drool:--I just think she is cool and that scene at the end of Castaway where she is in the rain does it for me on some level. I'm actually not too much in to actresses but if I had to choose, it would be her.

6. More than just a little. I get to see friends I've know for years and never met in person before, get to see friends again...get to party like its 1999. Its going to be the coolest gathering yet for sure. And all in Sin City, can't get any better.

Matt
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I like these threads very much. We need to set up some for members somehow.

Good answers. And yes, I've been thinking the same thing about carrying these Q&A's over to the non-staff members. I know I'd love to be asked some of the questions I've seen (and some of the ones I've asked).

I'm going to bring it up to staff. The hard part would be making it fair and also maintaining a flow. Maybe we could gauge interest and go from there.

After the staff has finished of course. :thumbsup:

jayson
09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm going to bring it up to staff. The hard part would be making it fair and also maintaining a flow. Maybe we could gauge interest and go from there.

After the staff has finished of course. :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me. :)

Matt
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM

1. Who in history (they must be dead) would you choose to sit down with and have dinner?

2. Who today (other than Sai King) would you choose to sit down with anbd have dinner?

It was great meeting you too amigo, that little crowd we had outside was as cool as it gets.

1. I would love to have met many of this countries founding fathers but I think the man I would have like to meet the most would be Dora's father Pat. He died right before we met.

2. This sounds really boring but if I could choose a person to have dinner with alone, it would be Dora. (I know, I'm making everyone sick with this stuff but it is so true.)

I'm a really simple guy with even simpler tastes. Thanks for the questions though, they were great!

Letti
09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Matt, I will come back with some good questions later (when my mind doesn't refuse to work) but let me say thank you for giving us a shelter. It means so much to all of us.
*hug*
Thank you.

Letti
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM

It was great meeting you too amigo, that little crowd we had outside was as cool as it gets.

1. I would love to have met many of this countries founding fathers but I think the man I would have like to meet the most would be Dora's father Pat. He died right before we met.

2. This sounds really boring but if I could choose a person to have dinner with alone, it would be Dora. (I know, I'm making everyone sick with this stuff but it is so true.)

I'm a really simple guy with even simpler tastes. Thanks for the questions though, they were great!

I have given the same answer but with my Moon. It's good to know I am not the only boring person around. ;)
We should have dinner together. :D

Odetta
09-08-2008, 11:34 AM
What is your middle name?

what is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

sarah
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
MATT!! :huglove:

It is so good to know you and I'm so excited to finally meet you in person. I always felt so bummed that I missed that first campdoc camp out at your place a couple of years ago. I can't wait to give you a Dora a big hug!

What CD is in your car at the moment?

Favorite T-Shirt

Favorite concert

When do you get to see the grandbaby again?

what is your best memory of your current house? Will it be hard to sell it after all this time? Where do you want to move to?
:huglove::huglove::huglove:

fernandito
09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Hile Matt!

Who is your favorite super hero and why?

What is your favorite graphic novel series?

Favorite television show?

Which movie(s) can you watch over and over without getting tired of it/them?

Who is your favorite actor?

Dora
09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Your answers are so much fun, I love to read them. And since when have we not made people sick with our love for each other:huglove:

Did you guys ever take family vactions when you were a kid? Where was your favorite place to go?

What is your favorite video game of all time?

What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

Do you really like my cooking? Or do you secretly think your own is way better?

When are we going back to Ridgway?

I'm still raking my brain for the "dirt" question.....:pirate: But I'll come up with one have no fear.

Matt
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi Matt!

Paper or plastic? Why?

Do you prefer big cities or small towns?

What's your favorite non-King book?

Is there any television series you watch regularly?

What would your dream job be?

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Hey Daggers, thanks for the questions and being you. :huglove:

1. This is a hard one for me. On the one hand, we use plastic bags to line our bathroom trash cans, so I love that. On the other, I use paper bags to set cooked bacon on to drain. :orely: So I would have to say I love them equally. I'm a horrible person because I can't get into bringing my own, maybe someday.

2. Small towns, hands down. Its terribly inconvenient to live out here but every time I come to your side of the mountain I go literally insane. Traffic is my worst pet peeve and I have to have Aaron drug me just so I can get home. :lol:

3. My favorite non-King book has got to be The Outsiders. It had a pretty big influence on me as a boy and (this may sound corny) I think its important for people to try and "stay golden".

4. House and 24 are my guilty pleasures right now. I'm hoping they both have a rip roaring, edge of your seat season!!

5. My dream job would be either a stand up comedian or teaching drama at a high school. Oddly enough, I consider them very similar. :lol:

6. Rome--I would love seeing the history there. I've always wanted to go.

Daghain
09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
3. My favorite non-King book has got to be The Outsiders. It had a pretty big influence on me as a boy and (this may sound corny) I think its important for people to try and "stay golden".

This is one of my favorites too. :)

Matt
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Matt, I will come back with some good questions later (when my mind doesn't refuse to work) but let me say thank you for giving us a shelter. It means so much to all of us.
*hug*
Thank you.

Letti you are to this site as sunshine is to a flower, thank you for saying that.

What is your middle name?

what is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

1. My middle name is Kurt. My parents were going to call me that and decided not to at the last minute. I thank them every time I think of it.

2. Well, when I was in the military, I decided I could jump to the second riser of some bleechers from the ground, its not that easy. There were tons of people standing around and I missed it by *this* much. The result was a near broken leg and all the hide being shaved off the front of my shins, just about to the bone. I still carry the scar and they kept dropping me because they were laughing so hard. Fractured my elbow on the down as well. :doh:

Matt
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM
MATT!! :huglove:

It is so good to know you and I'm so excited to finally meet you in person. I always felt so bummed that I missed that first campdoc camp out at your place a couple of years ago. I can't wait to give you a Dora a big hug!

What CD is in your car at the moment?

Favorite T-Shirt

Favorite concert

When do you get to see the grandbaby again?

what is your best memory of your current house? Will it be hard to sell it after all this time? Where do you want to move to?
:huglove::huglove::huglove:

Meeting you is going to be one of the highlights of the trip Sarah, we've known each other over 5 years now! :o

I'll try not to squeeze you too hard in my excitement.

1. I listen to books on CD in my car and right now I have...Mars: Red Planet. Its a new series that is actually very good. CD #5 I believe.

2. My favorite tee shirt at the moment is one my son gave me for Christmas. Its black and has all the Marvel super hero's on the front. Very colorful and comfortable. The are all drawn the way I really like them on it too. :wub:

3. My favorite concert was the only one I've been to in 20 years. Dixie Chicks at the pepsi center in Denver. But I think its only because my sweetie was there with me. Love the music but man...they lost me on the last CD.

4. My job told me I could not take vacation over Christmas to see my sweet Lily. <_< However, it seems that they may be able to make it here so we're keeping our fingers crossed for that. The job thing pissed me off enough that I am considering greener pastures after 11 years. Because family matters!!

5. I think my best memory of the house is me and Dora's "summer of love" 2007. This was the summer when the kids lived at their moms for the entire time. We spent it all there together and only wore cloths for company :rock:--what a beautiful time that was.

I think it will be hard to sell but it is just so big, we really won't need it when the kids are gone.

We would like to move up to the northwest corner of the US where the rocks meet the ocean and start a bed and breakfast where we can do live dinner theater.

Matt
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Hile Matt!

Who is your favorite super hero and why?

What is your favorite graphic novel series?

Favorite television show?

Which movie(s) can you watch over and over without getting tired of it/them?

Who is your favorite actor?

Thanks for the questions Fever :couple:

1. Wolverine for sure. I know its cliche but I have always thought he was the coolest of them all. From the attitude to the claws to the skeleton, I've just loved the man from the moment I met him.

2. I am reading "Conan: The Nemidean Chronicles". It is my favorite of anything I have read so far. It is the tale of Conan from the beginning to the end (as King). For those who have only been exposed to the movies, the character is so much deeper than can be imagined.

3. Its a hard call between LOST and House but if I had to choose right now, it would be LOST. Last season left me quivering with anticipation.

5. Die Hard and the Terminator series are at the top of this list for sure. I will also always watch the Star Wars movies if they come on TV, even 1-3 <_<. Braveheart is also on that list.

6. Bruce Willis is my all time favorite actor. He re enforced that point with Die Hard VI, I thought it was really good.

Matt
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Your answers are so much fun, I love to read them. And since when have we not made people sick with our love for each other:huglove:

Did you guys ever take family vactions when you were a kid? Where was your favorite place to go?

What is your favorite video game of all time?

What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

Do you really like my cooking? Or do you secretly think your own is way better?

When are we going back to Ridgway?

I'm still raking my brain for the "dirt" question.....:pirate: But I'll come up with one have no fear.

Its like that old saying honey...If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right. And I can't wait to see you tonight :blush:

1. Interesting we've never talked about this. My parents liked to take vacations alone so we didn't go too many places. There was a spot we used to camp called Boicon Springs which I remember as being fun and that one time we went to a nude beach...:orely: In Colorado it was always camping on the rocks and was usually scary. I got stuck with my crappy older brothers while the adults partied till they puked. :lol:

2. Favorite video game of all time has got to be Soul Calibre and when the new one comes out you'll have to buy me a Playstation 3 so you can kick my ass with that Indian chick. Very good times :lol:

3. My favorite cartoon growing up was basically the same stuff Matthew watches today. Spiderman whenever he was on. When I was really little, all I had was Seasme Street and Mr. Rogers. <_<

4. Ummm...<runs> :lol:

But seriously, you have been holding out on me all these years honey, you cook some amazing dishes and yours actually have some kind of flavor when I let you do what you want. :huglove:

My sweet Dora, you are the light of my life and if I was standing on a rooftop right now, I would shout it to the world!! :rose:

alinda
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Interesting to be sure. a couple of things:
What would be the perfect "date" for you love birds?
Do you like to dance, favorite dance to do? :dance:
What is your favorite colour? Is your bedroom painted this color?
Are ya handy around the house, or do you call the handy man?
And none of my business, but hey they said ask away so...
boxers or briefs? :wtf:

Matt
09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Interesting to be sure. a couple of things:
What would be the perfect "date" for you love birds?
Do you like to dance, favorite dance to do? :dance:
What is your favorite colour? Is your bedroom painted this color?
Are ya handy around the house, or do you call the handy man?
And none of my business, but hey they said ask away so...
boxers or briefs? :wtf:

Thanks for more questions Linda, this is fun :cool:

1. Recently we have found a little hideaway where we an get a massage and soak in mineral springs. The place is clothing optional and open all night. Being with Dora out there in the middle of the night, floating in the warm water...well, lets just say it was really nice. I would do that again right this minute if we could.

But for us, a perfect date is having a moment alone with each other. Yesterday we went to a company party and there was a ride where you went down the mountain on this little cart. It was really cool because we went together and had a brief moment to spend alone (first one all weekend). :wub:

2. I only dance for comedic purposes.

3. My favorite color is a kind of forest green. It is a little dark for a wall color but it has been used in other ways. Right now, the wall in our bedroom is an off white but we have a really cool (and big) piece of artwork on most of it.

4. I am very far from handy. In fact, the most tense moments in our relationship (outside of kid stuff) has been when I am trying to build or fix something. I thought laying the floor was the worst ever but the fence began kicking my ass early on. Funny part about it is that it looks pretty good now but I think that's because I finally broke down and asked Dora for help. I HATE having a "man" at the house but sometimes I have to. :lol:

5. I am a brief guy all the way, can't stand how boxers bunch up. :pullhair:

Patrick
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Matt, any chance of (1) moving up the timeline on that move, and (2) focusing just slightly south of the Pacific Northwest?

Those of us in California would appreciate it greatly. :D

alinda
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Fine ok, now down to a more serious question...Pretend its the movie Armageddon
and yoou are the guy they come to to "save the world" all you have to do is
_______________(fill in your special talent) What is it? What can you do best?
How are you going to save the planet? :wtf:

gsvec
09-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Matt, I knew I liked ya! :lol: I love how you and Dora are so much in love! And do you have a single older brother?

1. Do you have any pets or did you when you were young? If so, tell us about 'em!
2. Favorite SK book illustrator? Besides Michael, that is - we know how you feel about him!
3. How many hours/week do you think you work or play on the site?
4. Favorite standup commedian?
5. Briefs? I thought you'd have picked commando! :rofl:

fernandito
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
2. Favorite video game of all time has got to be Soul Calibre and when the new one comes out you'll have to buy me a Playstation 3 so you can kick my ass with that Indian chick. Very good times :lol:

Soul Calibur 4 was released last month! :dance:

---

Besides King, what other celebrities have you met?

What other event are you looking forward to apart from Vegas?

The Lady of Shadows
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
hi matt ::waves::

1.) what is the one thing you would change in your life if you could?
2.) what is your biggest accomplishment (other than this site of course)?
3.) what is your biggest regret?
4.) are you afraid of anything? is so, what is it?
5.) it's 4:30 in the morning on a day you don't have to work. everyone else in the house is sleeping soundly. you're awake and can't get back to sleep. what do you do?

alinda
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
T/s , Its 2:16 in the morning on a day I don't have to work and do you see what i am doing?:cool:

The Lady of Shadows
09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
i soooooo hear you. ><

Darkthoughts
09-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Matt :couple:

Thanks for DT.com and thanks for making me a part of it :huglove:

What made you chose the name Rio Frio?
How did you get to know Tamez?
When you're older will you grow an awesome beard like your Dad?
What will Lily call you - Grandad, Gramps, etc?

Jean
09-09-2008, 05:17 AM
the bear just looked in to give Big Bearhugs!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Matt
09-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Matt, any chance of (1) moving up the timeline on that move, and (2) focusing just slightly south of the Pacific Northwest?

Those of us in California would appreciate it greatly. :D

I like California a lot, me and Dora have considered there for sure. As long as I can get to the coast, I'm going to be good. Also that it rains a lot, we get none here.

Fine ok, now down to a more serious question...Pretend its the movie Armageddon
and yoou are the guy they come to to "save the world" all you have to do is
_______________(fill in your special talent) What is it? What can you do best?
How are you going to save the planet? :wtf:

Wow! Good question. I am not sure I would have too much to offer other than a consistent opinion. If I could save the world by showing people how important it is to truly love, I could do that in spades. Or if they needed someone to make them laugh.

alinda
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Ya know, that is the kind of thing that could save the planet....If that was a good question, that was the perfect answer!! :huglove:

Matt
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Matt, I knew I liked ya! :lol: I love how you and Dora are so much in love! And do you have a single older brother?

1. Do you have any pets or did you when you were young? If so, tell us about 'em!
2. Favorite SK book illustrator? Besides Michael, that is - we know how you feel about him!
3. How many hours/week do you think you work or play on the site?
4. Favorite standup commedian?
5. Briefs? I thought you'd have picked commando! :rofl:

Thanks for the questions Gretchen--I don't think either one of my brothers would be high enough caliber for you though. :wub:

1. We have two pets right now. My sweet cat Melody who is about 10 years old and our big dog Hope. Hope is a cross between a golden and a Australian Shepard, very sweet and even tempered. She guards the house very well. :wub: I looked up Melody's type once and she is a calico. I love my pets dearly but I think this will be our last set for a while, we're in the process of shedding dependents. :excited:

2. That is a hard question to answer because I was flat disappointed by most all of the artwork in the series that wasn't Whelans. I guess if I had to choose, it would be the guy that did the artwork for The Waste Lands. I really like that picture of Suze on Roland's shoulders at the beginning.

3. I spend all day at work here so I would guess around 8. I keep thinking my job is going to start getting pissed but I really pumped the idea that we were collecting money for charity earlier this year and that's a hard thing to tell me not to do. :lol: At home, I pretty much hang out with Dora and the kids so I'm sparse in the evenings and on weekends unless I have some tech stuff to do.

4. I catch comedy central presents every now and then and there are a few on there that get us going, I wish I could remember names. For the most part, I'm into the situational comedy. One the other night was doing a bit about how toddlers are like drunk buddies...pants off, puking all over the place, saying shit that doesn't make sense. It was really funny.

5. I am commando in anything without a zipper. My brother caught his junk one time when we were kids and I've been very weary of that ever since. :lol: So all of my jeans are out and I love a pair of house pants or sweats without undies but that really doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Hannah
09-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Tits or ass?

And suspecting your answer will be, how do you suppose the site has made it so long without a Jigglyhoohaha thread?

What is the most relaxing part of your day?

What is the most stressful part of your day?

What's your favorite snack, like ever?

When are you going to do stand up downtown so me and Aaron can come see you?

Matt
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM

Soul Calibur 4 was released last month! :dance:

---

Besides King, what other celebrities have you met?

What other event are you looking forward to apart from Vegas?

Thanks for the update, I really need to get that.

1. I met Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn in the drive through at Arby's back in the late 80's, it was really cool.

2. Christmas!! My sweet daughter and grand baby are coming to visit. And we may even get to see Jimmy this time. :rock:

hi matt ::waves::

1.) what is the one thing you would change in your life if you could?
2.) what is your biggest accomplishment (other than this site of course)?
3.) what is your biggest regret?
4.) are you afraid of anything? is so, what is it?
5.) it's 4:30 in the morning on a day you don't have to work. everyone else in the house is sleeping soundly. you're awake and can't get back to sleep. what do you do?

1. That's a hard one to answer with destiny being what it is. I feel like the infinite instances of "Matt" probably all got a far worse shake than I did. I'm about as happy as I can be so I guess I'll say I wished I had learned how to play the piano but bob knows how that could have changed things. :lol:

2. I put my 3 kids at the top of that list. They are sweet, smart and sensitive. The lot of them understand what it means to take care of themselves and actually seem to want to be their own human being, which I love

3. That really plays into the first question. I'm not sure I have any regrets.

4. OMG--the dark. Its unreasonable and weird but I believe I was traumatized as a child. I really hate it (the dark) and have always hated the fact that I am so scared of it. I know its not my fault but I still wish it wasn't that way. The big dog helps but staying somewhere alone for me is quite a hard thing to do.

5. The answer to that question is easy...play on this great site :excited:

alinda
09-09-2008, 09:48 AM
5. The answer to that question is easy...play on this great site geat minds Matt....:thumbsup:

Matt
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Matt :couple:

Thanks for DT.com and thanks for making me a part of it :huglove:

What made you chose the name Rio Frio?
How did you get to know Tamez?
When you're older will you grow an awesome beard like your Dad?
What will Lily call you - Grandad, Gramps, etc?

Lisa!!--you have always been part of what makes coming out here so damn cool. I really hope we get to meet someday. :wub:

1. My aunt and uncle own a small resort on the banks of the Rio Frio in West Texas. It means "cold river" in Spanish and we used to go down there and float (cause its not really that cold). Basically float a box of wine behind you and just enjoy the day. I decided to use it because I loved it down there so much. Someone asked me on dt.net one time and I told them it represented the cold river of my heart. :lol:

2. Tamez and I are really old friends, have actually met on two occasions which were really cool (I miss her around here). She was that cool stoner chick on .net that was very warm and open to folks, we hit it off quick because we are the same kind of person I think.

3. :lol:--I only wish I could. I think I may take after the men in my mothers family because I am almost 40 and it takes days to notice I'm not shaving. I asked him one time when I was a kid how long it would take for me to grow a beard and he said around 30...RIGHT!!

4. My sweet Lily will call me Grandpa I think. Its going to be hard to say at first because she already has "Nana" down (her name for Dora) but I think its going to be a while before I hear her saying Grandpa. I can tell she knows me though which is really cool, her eyes get all big because I always give her tastes of what I'm eating. :ninja:

Matt
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
the bear just looked in to give Big Bearhugs!

Giant hugs back to you my friend. :couple:

Tits or ass?

And suspecting your answer will be, how do you suppose the site has made it so long without a Jigglyhoohaha thread?

What is the most relaxing part of your day?

What is the most stressful part of your day?

What's your favorite snack, like ever?

When are you going to do stand up downtown so me and Aaron can come see you?

1. Tits all the way!! You have met Dora I presume :lol:

2. I really don't know how we have gone so long with out it. I'm thinking it needs to come back at some point and then all the ladies need to get into white wife beaters and fall over a running hose.

3. The most relaxing part of my day is in the morning. I love waking up and seeing my sweet honey, grabbing a large cold glass of carnation instant breakfast and watching the morning news. It doesn't take much for me to get ready for work so I'm cool as a cucumber.

4. Getting home and starting dinner for personal time but work beats that by a mile 8 hours a day.

5. My most favorite snack in the world is white cheddar cheese its. I recently tried some of those white cheddar mac and cheese crackers (because they were on sale) and basically cried all the way through them. It was betrayal and bad taste all wrapped into one.

6. I'm thinking after Vegas. The comedy club there only does open mic on Thursday nights so I'm going to have to get some days off to do it. But I already have part of my routine ready. Its about long term relationships. :lol:

Ricky
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
1. My middle name is Kurt.

:rofl:

Do you watch The Office? If so, you'll know why I'm laughing.

Seriously though, really cool meeting you and Dora in April. Wish we would've had more time to chat though. We'll have to arrange a time to go down to DC and just chat on the church steps. :rock:

If you could chose any SK book to be signed, what would it be?

What was your first SK book?

What would you do in the event of a zombie holocaust?

Favorite board game?

How are you coping with LOST withdraw?

What was your thought when you first got up this morning?

Thanks Matt!!

Darkthoughts
09-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Matt, :huglove: all these Q&A's are just making me love everyone even more. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to meet you and Dora one day too...2010 maybe? :excited: Or hopefully if I don't blow my savings account money then 2009 in Maine!!

I have another question...

How did someone so passive and non confrontational get along in the army? You seem to be the polar opposite to everything the army represents to me.

Matt
09-09-2008, 02:13 PM
1. My middle name is Kurt.

Do you watch The Office? If so, you'll know why I'm laughing.

Seriously though, really cool meeting you and Dora in April. Wish we would've had more time to chat though. We'll have to arrange a time to go down to DC and just chat on the church steps. :rock:

If you could chose any SK book to be signed, what would it be?

What was your first SK book?

What would you do in the event of a zombie holocaust?

Favorite board game?

How are you coping with LOST withdraw?

What was your thought when you first got up this morning?

Thanks Matt!!

I don't actually watch the office, I've tried a few times but haven't gotten into it real well. Sounds like there is a great joke on my name though.

I love the church steps idea, that sounds like a real nice little getaway. :lol:

It was really nice to meet you and your family too Ricky.

1. In my collection right now, it would be my UK 1st the Stand that a dear friend gave me not too long ago. If it could be anything I wanted, it would be a US first of the Stand, and I would love a personalization like nothing else.

2. My very first SK book was a copy of the collection that has "The Body" and "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redeption" in it. I had it for years, carried it to the gulf and then lost it somewhere along the way. Pocket paperback reprinting I'm sure. I think "Breathing Method" is in that one too.

3. My zombie plan includes walling off the cole de sac and creating a utiopia on earth with my neighbors. We are very rural so it would probably take the problem a while to get to us unless it was seriously the undead then we would have 30 or so to deal with from the cemetary.

4. My favorite board game right now is electric Monopoly

5. Not well, I'm really hoping this season blows me right out of my socks. And in the event I am wearing sandles, its hard enough to lose them as well.

6. How much I wish I was still a hard core stoner. :cool:

Ricky
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
2. My very first SK book was a copy of the collection that has "The Body" and "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redeption" in it. I had it for years, carried it to the gulf and then lost it somewhere along the way. Pocket paperback reprinting I'm sure. I think "Breathing Method" is in that one too.

Error on my part. I meant to ask what was the first SK book that you read. Sorry! :)

Matt
09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
No problem, it just gives me another chance to be chatty :lol:

The first SK book I read was The Shining--loved it. I was among those who were disappointed by the movie because while Jack did it well, he wasn't the character that King wrote.

Like he was never the Joker imo

Ricky
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Good, becacuse your response just sparked another question that I have. :)

The Shining is one of m favorites. Being that The Shining was your first, what was your overall reaction once finishing? Did you enjoy to because of Jack or the overall plot? What grabbed me into it was that Jack was "becoming part of the hotel.

Did you have previous exposure to SK before then?

Matt
09-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I did not have any exposure before that and the part that got me the most was the fact that he was so reluctant. He tried so hard to dismiss what was happening and it got him anyway...seemed so real.

wizardsrainbow
09-10-2008, 05:25 AM

2. I really don't know how we have gone so long with out it. I'm thinking it needs to come back at some point and then all the ladies need to get into white wife beaters and fall over a running hose.

Well???? Hannah, dear, are you volunteering to start? :innocent:;)

Matt
09-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Matt, :huglove: all these Q&A's are just making me love everyone even more. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to meet you and Dora one day too...2010 maybe? :excited: Or hopefully if I don't blow my savings account money then 2009 in Maine!!

I have another question...

How did someone so passive and non confrontational get along in the army? You seem to be the polar opposite to everything the army represents to me.

If not 2009, 2010 for sure. I've promised to take Dora to Europe for years and that seems like a great time to do it.

I had to think about your question for a bit before I answered because its a really good one.

Me and the military were very much like oil and water on many levels. I joined in an effort to "square myself away" because I was not good at getting up in the morning to go to my meaningless jobs. It was much easier to get high and wait for a welfare check.

So when my 3rd kid was on the way, I decided I wanted to do something that mattered, that made me feel good as a person and I also really needed someone to kick me in the ass. There is no "not showing up for work" in the Army and I think, in that way, it was very good for me and can also be very good for much of America's youth.

So I went in for a paycheck and then it turned into so much more than that for me. One of the great things about the military is that it teaches you there are things more important than "self". For generations, we have had young men and women sacrifice themselves for an idea. Not a conflict, an idea that is the US and what it stands for. I personally believe the idea is a good one (even if it gets clouded by self interest) and its worth defending.

I also believe that citizens of a country have a right to feel good about it even though it isn't always perfect. Each of our countries have done the wrong thing in the past and are probably doing the wrong thing right now but I've always said its like a brother who is a drunk. Even though you hate him sometimes, he is still family and you don't like the idea of someone punching him in the face. :lol:

But one of the most amazing experiences I had in the military was the people. They are stereotyped in a way that is not accurate imo. Sure, some are basically psycho's but the vast majority are people who want to be involved in something that matters. In taking care of an idea that is more than just dandelion fluff on the wind...its concrete and real and makes a difference in the world no matter how small. That matters imo and it always will.

So, for me, the military was one of the best experiences of my life and I'm really glad I didn't have to shoot someone. But that's the funny part, soldiers don't fight for a cause, they fight for each other and only when they have to (in most cases). I believe I would have done the same if the situation came up.

Daghain
09-10-2008, 08:03 AM
I am so sigging part of that. :D

Jon
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Who's Matt? :P

Patrick
09-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey Matt, no questions, just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your thread, more currently your post giving your perspective of your time in the military.

Thanks for spearheading TDT.com too! But you already know how much I appreciate that. :couple:

Daghain
09-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah Matt, we really love you for starting the site! Where would I waste 99% of my day if it didn't exist? :lol:

And, a question:

What is your favorite hangout in Denver?

Darkthoughts
09-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Matt, thanks for answering that question. Your answer made me think about the military in a different light :thumbsup:

Matt
09-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Hey Matt, no questions, just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your thread, more currently your post giving your perspective of your time in the military.

Thanks for spearheading TDT.com too! But you already know how much I appreciate that. :couple:

Thank you Patrick. The site and its members mean the world to me, I'm just glad I can be here doing this.

Yeah Matt, we really love you for starting the site! Where would I waste 99% of my day if it didn't exist? :lol:

And, a question:

What is your favorite hangout in Denver?

Right now, its at Hannah and Aaron's place. We have such an amazing time together and its great to know a person can still have true friends in this world. I've known the two of them for about 4 years now and its only getting better. Second would be the comic store or Joe's Crab Shack. :lol:

Matt, thanks for answering that question. Your answer made me think about the military in a different light :thumbsup:

Thanks Lisa, that really means a lot to me. :wub:

Letti
09-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I am late like usual but it doesn't scare me.
Here I am and my questions.

If you could get rid of one object from your home what would it be?

Can you ride a horse?

Did you ever want to become a TV star?

Did you always want to have a big family?

How good is your memory?

If you won a camel would you accept it?

What was your first as a kid?

I have many more questions in my pocket but I must read all your answers before to be sure they haven't been asked yet.
See you a bit later. :couple:

Matt
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I am late like usual but it doesn't scare me.
Here I am and my questions.

If you could get rid of one object from your home what would it be?

Can you ride a horse?

Did you ever want to become a TV star?

Did you always want to have a big family?

How good is your memory?

If you won a camel would you accept it?

What was your first as a kid?

I have many more questions in my pocket but I must read all your answers before to be sure they haven't been asked yet.
See you a bit later. :couple:

You are a shining star in my life Letti, I am so pleased to know you. :rose:

1. It would be the shitty carpet for sure, I don't like the color and it is all around nasty. We have ripped up most of it but we still have the one main room to go. After that, my broken oven, but that's new to the list. :lol:

2. I have ridden a horse one time in my life. Didn't really like it much. Horses kind of scare me, they look really smart, have big heads and terrible metal feet. :panic:

3. Not really on TV but I have always wanted to be in the spotlight somehow. I think its a personality type, we'll call it "chatty bitch syndrome"...but I just have always loved being the center of attention. I'm much better about it now.

4. I have wanted to be a father for as long as I can remember. I think it was because my dad was such a good one. When I had to take on all my kids by myself, I got much more than I bargained for. Even though I am very close to being done now, raising children has been one of the best experiences of my life. I love that they are adults almost.

5. I always tell my kids..."I don't remember that way" :lol: I have a great memory for somethings like birthdays and anniversaries but never for names. The kids always expect me to remember some friend from years ago and I tell them after the parade of teenagers through the house...its impossible. I think my memory problems are mostly due to a mis spent youth and not paying attention as much as I should.

6. Wow! that is an interesting question. I would have to say "no" to the camel but only because I'm in the process of shedding dependents

7. My first as a kid? I'm not sure what you mean but I will say I was the first kid in my family to take a plane ride.

:huglove:

Patrick
09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
... I would have to say "no" to the camel but only because I'm in the process of shedding dependents

Brice
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
:lol: Yeah, that was a damn good answer.

Brice
09-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Ok, Matt! You mentioned you'd like to be a comedian; please tell us a joke. :D

Matt
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, I am very much a visual comedian. I'm a weird looking guy which turns out funny I hope.

So its more of a routine but I do have one about long term relationships.

Basically how no matter how good you are together, your 3-6 "moves" start to wear thin. So inevitably people are told to be honest with each other about what they want.

That leads to some mis communication...so it turns into a lesson on how to build fine wood furniture that she mostly teaches...

**while making a circular motion as with sandpaper*

Her: "okay, that's good, but go a little faster...no, too fast...that's AGAINST THE GRAIN!!"

"just get the mallet...okay, now hit it...harder, hit it harder I said...what's the matter with you?...HIT IT"

**pounding motions**

Me: "Oh yeah, that's the stuff, I'm hitting it so good"

Her: "To Hard!! Nevermind, I'll do it myself" :lol:

That's just one of them--stuff about building a fence too.

Patrick
09-17-2008, 10:28 AM
:lol: I have got to see you on stage, Matt.

Matt
09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks Patrick :wub:

Its much funnier when I'm doing it (hopefully)--I thought about making a youtube video so I could get honest opinions on it...there's much more to it than that.

From what I've learned (from corporate teaching), its not what you say as much as how you say it. :lol:

Letti
09-18-2008, 03:12 AM
I lovelovelove reading this thread. Thank you for the kickass answers.

I missed a word from my last questions :rolleyes: *silly me* so here it is again:
What was your first word as a kid?

Jean
09-18-2008, 03:15 AM
obviously, it was "Let there be light"

only a few decades passed... and here we are!

Letti
09-18-2008, 03:54 AM
And some more:

1. What's your oldest memory from your childhood?

2. Who was your first love?

3. What do you expect from a good friend?

4. Can you trust people easily?

5. What's the most beautiful sentence to you on Earth?

6. How good are you at forgiving?

7. What do you think the hardest thing about being a woman is?

8. Do you like doing the washing-up?

alinda
09-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Letti, delightful as ever, go on.. please Matt this is so fun!:wtf:

Letti
09-18-2008, 04:05 AM
I cannot wait to see his answer to question 7. :D

Matt
09-18-2008, 08:43 AM
obviously, it was "Let there be light"

only a few decades passed... and here we are!

I must say, this gave me a warm fuzzy that may sustain me through out the remainder of the work week, thanks Jean

And some more:

1. What's your oldest memory from your childhood?

2. Who was your first love?

3. What do you expect from a good friend?

4. Can you trust people easily?

5. What's the most beautiful sentence to you on Earth?

6. How good are you at forgiving?

7. What do you think the hardest thing about being a woman is?

8. Do you like doing the washing-up?

Yay! More cool questions from Letti :wub:

Older one: I actually asked my mom about this and she said it was "ma-ma" in that cute way that babies first start talking. Seems boring but there it is.

1. My oldest memory from childhood was this girl who kissed me in a tree. But I think that is because I really wanted to remember it. Being scared of the dark in my Grandma's house (while staying over) may predate that by a few years.

2. This one is easy! Dora is the first woman I have ever loved and I think that had a lot to do with not knowing what the word meant. I was married before, I've dated before--I've had some sexy...but I never loved till I met her.

3. Wow...great question. I guess the honest answer is "not too much". Dora is my bff hands down. I think you can really only have one on that level, knowing me the way she does. Not only that but always on my side, a united front. I've not always been good about having friends because I'm a very open person and folks tend to use that against you. My greatest success (outside Dora) has been Aaron and Hannah who know some startling things about me and are still some of the best people I know. They are the perfect friends in that they are always ready to hang out and have fun when the oppritunity arises.

4. I do on a certain level (for the most part). I consider my trust like a ring around me, you let people in to part of you but never close to the middle until they have earned it. I only have one on the far inside, a couple on the ring after that (above) and most folks I know hang in the one after that. Not a bad thing at all, just my little process

5. When I first read this I thought I might have to think about it a lot but then it came to me. I love you. I think that one is the most beautiful on earth. But then I wonder if its a true sentence or a fragment as I have always sucked at that stuff. :lol:

6. Forgiving is pretty easy for me depending on what was done. I have a few things that a person can do to me that I can never forgive and there is a lot to be said for a cumlative effect. As the case with my brother. The last thing that happened with him is forgiveable, I guess, but it is the weight of interactions over the years that mean I cannot forgive his relationship with me.

7. I think the hardest part about being a woman has got to be the entire weight of the world. Women are the mothers of our society and have an amazing amout of pressure put on them everyday from every possible side. Its not enough to be one thing, you have to be all things and they will enevitably conflict with eachother. I tried so hard to teach my daughters to just be themselves and not worry about the pressure that society puts on them. It's the "playing football in heels" syndrome that makes me cringe. Be everything to me, beautiful and one of the boys and everything in between. Impossible.

8. If you mean cleaning the house (dishes and the like), then I'm not sure anyone likes it. It does consitiute a responsibility to me though. This speaks to the above answer in that men feel like they don't have to chip in and share work equally, I never got it. I taught my son to pull his own weight, there is no "mommy/wife" in his future and he wouldn't want one. It drives the woman you love INSANE. :scared:

Letti
09-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you for answering. I feel I know you a tiny bit better and I think I do know now why you have that amazing smile I can see in all the pictures of you. :)

(But what the heck should I do with the camel... I was so sure he would accept it... damnit...)

Tiffany
09-18-2008, 10:37 AM
What's your favorite topping on ice cream?

Matt
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Hot caramel on vanilla :drool:

Even though it makes your spoon all weird <_<

Tiffany
09-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Hot caramel on vanilla :drool:

Even though it makes your spoon all weird <_<

:lol: MMMMMM.

Waffle-cone, sugar-cone or cup?

Marble Slab or Baskin Robbins?

Hotdogs or burgers?

My friend is moving from Texas to Denver in about a month. Any words of advice?

Matt
09-18-2008, 10:50 AM
1. I'm mostly up for the shake action because I'm always driving but it would be a cup otherwise. Cones always leave me sticky. :scared:

2. Baskin Robbins for sure. I went into Cold Stone and they started singing..it was horrible! Not to mention, all that fresh fruit gives me the willies.

3. Burgers for sure, unless chili is involved then its a hard call. I love the chili cheese dog from Dairy Queen, Dora calls it "lips and anus" :lol:

4. I would say its going to be a hell of a shock from Texas, but Denver is still a city. My advice would be to drive west until you get to the top of the Rocky Mountains, get out of your car and love the day.

Tiffany
09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Mmm. Blizzards, then? Or McFlurry or something similar?

(I'll tell my friend to high-tail it to the mountains).

Thanks, Matt!

gsvec
09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
(But what the heck should I do with the camel... I was so sure he would accept it... damnit...)

Patrick
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Matt!

Think of all the things to be happy about. How many can you type out in one minute?
Honor system about the 60 second time limit, obviously.

Matt
09-30-2008, 06:39 AM
No particular order

Being me
loving Dora
Healthy kids
this site
my dog
my house
my job
my car
my parents
my friends
cool smilies
nice desk
future
been places
most of my hair
above average
King fan
Link on Kings site
google search
Dora's smile
Dora's eyes
Dora's body
my mouse pad
dog
cat
healthy
sunshine
rain
my grand baby
video of her
pictures of her
vegas vacation
Christmas
college for Kate
Universal Studios on Matt's 16th
Spider Man game
Iron Man tonight
Crystal Skull coming up
watching the VP debates
History channel
Discovery Channel
Mythbusters

wizardsrainbow
09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Matt, I am going to hire you for work in my office. If you can type all of that in 60 seconds, your fingers must be a blur.

Matt
09-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Yep, I can type like the wind.

Not sure the WPM--but I assume its pretty big. :lol:

Brice
09-30-2008, 10:55 AM
:lol:

Really, I'd have considered myself lucky to type out a quarter of that, but then I use two finger typing.

wizardsrainbow
09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Yep, I can type like the wind.

Not sure the WPM--but I assume its pretty big. :lol:

You say WHAT'S pretty big? :ninja: Oh, the word count.

Patrick
09-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Impressive list given the time limit, Matt! Thanks!

The Lady of Shadows
09-30-2008, 07:05 PM
now i have to know. what's on your mousepad? :unsure:

Patrick
09-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Matt,

In Las Vegas they let you move about the giant casinos with an alcoholic beverage in hand.

What is, or what do foresee being, your "walking around" drink of choice?

Matt
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM
I think my "walkin drink" would have to be a whiskey and coke. Its a standard easy order and is always more coke than whiskey. :lol:

alinda
10-01-2008, 07:15 AM
:lol: Matt you are a hoot!! thanks for answering all these questions for us.

Patrick
10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
I think my "walkin drink" would have to be a whiskey and coke. Its a standard easy order and is always more coke than whiskey. :lol:
Matt, we're going to get along just fine. :couple:

In Vegas I think you'll find the mixed drink will lean more toward the alcoholic side of the equation.

alinda
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
That makes a twisted bit of logic, cuz your judgment skewed you stay in the casino, and play till they get their $ back!!:cry:

Matt
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
now i have to know. what's on your mousepad? :unsure:

My mousepad is a beautiful thing Dora had made for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Its two cartoon people holding each other outside under the stars, a heart over them says "Matt and Dora"...a little sign in the grass says "8-9-98" :wub:

The people on there look just like us too--with no noses

Darkthoughts
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Awwwww!! Picture please!

Patrick
10-01-2008, 03:34 PM
That makes a twisted bit of logic, cuz your judgment skewed you stay in the casino, and play till they get their $ back!!:cry:Yes, that is exactly their logic.

Matt, that mousepad sounds very sweet. :)

alinda
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Do you believe in ghosts, and/or have you ever seen one?

Matt
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I do indeed and yes I have. I've seen one and also had one in my house.

The time I saw a ghost, it was of my best friend. He was hit by a train when we were 17 and as the years go by...I'm not sure he didn't simply jump in front of it. He had asked his girlfriend to marry him, she said no...he came home. She reconsidered and jumped in her car to catch him, missed him by *that* much. We could barely pull her off the casket.

We partied after, in our favorite spot. I saw him there in a quiet moment but just for an instant. He seemed happy to me but that may have been my own perception.

The second was an old man that had died in the house we were renting. He would take all the shampoo and stuff out of the little basket we kept it in, then re arrange it in the bottom of the tub...all in a row.

He also unrolled the toilet paper off the roll right in front of me.

gsvec
10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
He also unrolled the toilet paper off the roll right in front of me.

But did it roll off from the top or from the bottom? :lol:

Matt
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
From the top like any sane ghost or person. :lol:

gsvec
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM
:thumbsup:

Darkthoughts
10-07-2008, 02:03 AM
:lol:

Brice
10-09-2008, 04:56 AM
What is the cruelest thing you've ever done?
What is the kindest thing you've ever done?
What is the cruelest thing ever done to you?
What is the kindest thing ever done for you?

Matt
10-09-2008, 01:19 PM
1. Wow--this is going to seem strange, but its really hard for me to be cruel. I guess the worst one would have to be telling my ex wife after the divorce that she would end up being nothing but an anchor that I was chained to for the rest of my life.

2. I think the kindest thing I have ever done was fighting for my kids. I really feel like they needed me. I also pulled my car off the road (full of people from the internet coming to visit) going over the pass one night because a woman had been in an accident and was in the middle of the road. Then came close to getting myself killed. :lol:

But I feel like she would have been killed for sure.

3. My brothers used to be really cruel to me, mostly my oldest brother. I think one of them may have scared me quite badly when I was a small child because I'm almost painfully scared of the dark.

4. Kindest thing every done for me was the night Dora walked across the room and asked me what I was drinking. :wub:

Letti
10-14-2008, 01:03 AM
If you could ask one question from God (if there is any) what would it be?

Matt
10-14-2008, 09:02 AM
I would want to know why I have been so blessed when others are sometimes hurt so much.

Dawn
10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
hey dad!
so in my endless wondering of this massive site youve created i have finally come across this thread...after reading for the last hour or 2 i have learned some very interesting things about you...some i wish i hadnt :onfire: oh well...but overall i have learned that you are just as amazing and intriguing as i always knew you were :huglove: i have also been pondering what to ask you myself so here gos...

1. what is your favorite memory so far of being a father
2. what do you want to be remembered for
3. if i had an extra wing (yes i said wing cause its a mansion) in my dream house (by the ocean of course) would you and dora live with me
4. whats the best part of being a parent
5. whats the best part of being a grandparent
6. even tho you are excited about "shedding dependents" are you a tiny bit scared of being us all being "gone"

thats all i have right now...i have this uncontrollable urge to ask you who is your favorite kid...but i know its me so no need to ask i guess :P anyway i love you and i cant wait to see you!! :huglove:

turtlex
10-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Hmmm...just wondering what Matt's sig will be since his lasts posts had his Countdown to Vegas and he's there now.

Matt
10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
hey dad!
so in my endless wondering of this massive site youve created i have finally come across this thread...after reading for the last hour or 2 i have learned some very interesting things about you...some i wish i hadnt :onfire: oh well...but overall i have learned that you are just as amazing and intriguing as i always knew you were :huglove: i have also been pondering what to ask you myself so here gos...

1. what is your favorite memory so far of being a father
2. what do you want to be remembered for
3. if i had an extra wing (yes i said wing cause its a mansion) in my dream house (by the ocean of course) would you and dora live with me
4. whats the best part of being a parent
5. whats the best part of being a grandparent
6. even tho you are excited about "shedding dependents" are you a tiny bit scared of being us all being "gone"

thats all i have right now...i have this uncontrollable urge to ask you who is your favorite kid...but i know its me so no need to ask i guess :P anyway i love you and i cant wait to see you!! :huglove:

Hey Dawn!--you know, I have often considered the idea that you would probably read this thread and I should go back and clean it up a little. But I never did. :lol:

Oh well, I figure you're an adult. :scared:

Thanks for the love sweetness, I guess its a wonderful thing overall if it provides and opportunity for you to know a little more about dear old dad.

1. Wow! That's a hard one to pin down...I guess for me, as a father and what I set out to accomplish, the best moment was when I was sure we were going to be okay. I would elaborate on that but I think you know what I mean, the 4 of us.

2. Being a good father and husband, hands down. I think of all the things a man can do in this world, those two are very high on the list of meaningful accomplishments.

3. You struck home by putting it on the ocean, you know that. If the wing is covered and Dora can take a shower inside, we're there :clap:

4. The best part of being a parent is you my dear. Watching you, your brother and sister grow to become the fine adults you are. If there is a reward in this life, it is certainly the love of your children.

5. Oh man, my sweet Lily! The honest answer to this question is being able to watch what you have created, create again. I personally believe that children need to be taught parenting skills through the example of their own parents. I fills me with pride that you are such a good mother because I feel like some of that is because of me.

Seeing you with her is the best part of being a Grandparent

6. Obviously I always miss you guys when you are not close to me. It would be the same if you lived in the town next door. I'm not sure many hours go by when I don't think of each of you and miss you. However, I think its really good for kids to grow up and go off on their own.

Live life, have experiences and find their own way. I consider what you and Jimmy are doing an amazing success because it's hard for kids to get going these days. I expect our sweet miss Kate will be the next to launch her little self off the nest and fly. Refer to number 4 under "best part about being a parent". :lol:

Thanks for the questions Dawnie, it was fun to answer them for you. :wub:

sarah
10-20-2008, 06:54 PM
besides meeting Jae Lee, what was the best part of Vegas?

What was the funniest part?

Matt
10-21-2008, 07:26 AM
The best part was all of you guys. Its so cool meeting old friends like that and it makes me proud of the community we have created.

The funniest part was me and you with that clown. :scared:

The Lady of Shadows
10-22-2008, 08:53 AM
so now i have to ask. what is your deal with clowns? :orely:

Matt
10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I'll tell you like I told the party.

All those years ago when King wrote about Charlie the ChooChoo in Waste Lands...how he described the book and how (on first glance) the children looked like they were smiling. But then on closer inspection, they were actually screaming?

That pretty much sums up how I feel about clowns.

jayson
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
In fact, here is a photo I obtained of a young Matt which may illustrate the cause of his clownophobia...

http://i33.tinypic.com/11w98vb.jpg

Daghain
10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Awesome!

Matt
10-22-2008, 09:20 AM
In fact, here is a photo I obtained of a young Matt which may illustrate the cause of his clownophobia...

http://i33.tinypic.com/11w98vb.jpg

SHIT!! I really want to see that. <_<

jayson
10-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Trust me, you'll laugh. I know you well enough to know that much. :)

The Lady of Shadows
10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
jayson that is fucking awesome. i may download that, photoshop matt's name into it and save it! :lol:

jayson
10-22-2008, 01:34 PM
It seemed too obvious for me to pass up. :)

ladykatherine
10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey Matt!
I wasn't sure if I needed to ask permission from you or who else here, but I would like to mention this site in my journalism feature on 'books and blogs'. I am required to ask (even though I have no idea how my professor will know if I do, but whatever), and just wanted to make sure that would be okay. I'm not planning on using anyone on the site or take discussions out, but I would like to mention the site and maybe use the number of users to prove the effectiveness of these "societies". Just let me know what you think. I just got yelled at on another site that I better not say anything bad :) (which I won't). Thanks for your time!

Matt
10-23-2008, 04:52 AM
The site would be honored to appear in your journalism feature LK. I really appreciate you asking. Let me know if I can do anything to help. :couple:

ladykatherine
10-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Okay thank you SO much!
:couple:
I'll probably have a few questions in a little bit. This is like a hardcore extended project so I'll let you know!! Again--thanks!!

gsvec
10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
So Matt - when are you changing your av to that Bart clownbed pic? :lol:

MonteGss
10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Matt, forgive me if these have been asked already, I only read the first post of the thread.

How old were you when you first read The Gunslinger?
What is your absolute favorite King book?
What is your absolute favorite movie based on King's work?
If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Matt
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey Monte--thanks for the questions. :D

1. I believe I was just out of high school which would have made it 1988. Not sure if DotT had been published yet at that point because I remember waiting a bit to move on to the next book for some reason. Been in it ever since.

2. Has to be The Stand. I think its more about the situations I have been in while reading the book. I was literally bombed on Ft. Stewart one night as I read it in my truck. It freaked me right the fuck out.

3. This one is a toss up between Shawshank and The Green Mile. But in the end, Shawshank was my first love and that is where I stand I believe.

4. I'd love to be telekinetic--it would be cool to move things with your mind. :evil:

arnibeth
03-26-2009, 05:31 AM
I loved the story Shawshank, but I always find the movies disappointing. This one just had me questioning why "Red" was not a redhead. Don't get me wrong I love Morgan Freeman but talk about miscasting the part. I am still finding my way along the path here so forgive me. Oh and that baby is still cute.

Matt
03-26-2009, 06:35 AM
I agree, it's hard to find the book in the movie. But I do think that adaptation was probably the most well done of them all.

candy
06-13-2009, 09:48 AM
yo matt!!! love your site and have discovered even more today

now then, if you have answered this i cry your pardon, just point me to the right page
i couldn't see it but it may be hidden somewhere

1; how and why did you start DT.com?
2; how did you get everyone on board or was it someone elses baby?

PS. can i just say a big thank you to you and all your staff on this site? i have only been onto hand full of sites but have not come across one that made me feel so comfortable so fast. :grouphug:x100

Matt
06-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey Candy, I just noticed this was here. I believe I put the story back there somewhere but I don't mind typing it again.

1. I was a member at another King fan site starting in 2001. As that one started to decline, I got the idea in my head that it could be done better (imo) if we had some serious fans involved. So my dear friend Aaron clued me in to this domain name being for sale one day and I invested. That was Jan of 07. We launched in May.

2. As far as getting folks on board, I always figured if you provided a really cool place to have our King nerdgasms...the rest would take care of itself. "If you build it, they will come" kind of thing. :lol:

I am so glad you are here with us Candy, it's people like you that make the site what it is much more than the nuts and bolts. :couple: