PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower Football Pick Contest Bonus Point

NeedfulKings
09-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I thought we could start airing this out now. Let me give you a little background.

Over the last few seasons, people have approached me about possible ways to earn extra points, etc through the year. Up until now, I've been aprehensive as I really didn't want to play around with extra points, oddsmakers, spreads, etc.

I thought that this year, each week I'd pick a particular player or team stat and use that to provide those who really wanted a little more "meat" to the contest. Something that a true "stat" guy could wrap their mind around.

The intent is that if you are closest, I simply convert one loss to a win. The total number of point awarded each week remain the same (16 for week 1), but if you went 10 and 6 on your picks, but get the bonus, you magically go 11 and 5.

The bonus point is not a tiebreaker, as people can tie each week. It's only the end of the season that may or may not require a tiebreaker. That said, it's possible for more than one person to win a bonus point each week. No biggie...I doubt that will happen often.

I will let the bonus point ride this week for sure, but if we want to go ahead and vote now, maybe this will be the only week, before it has too much of an effect, let's do it! I'm game!! :D

So, cast your vote. Please, if you're not in the contest, don't vote. :)

Thanks!!!!

Nerak
09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
i voted to keep it.

Cause that way I can get a win for a loss on the teams that don't listen when I say they need to win!!!! :lol:

jayson
09-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Works for me. Keep it.

SpaceMaN
09-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I vote against it, obviously. It's against the point of a pick 'em contest/league.

turtlex
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm voting for keeping it.
I mean, I'm rolling the dice every week anyway - its a fun aspect to the pool.