PDA

View Full Version : Burn Notice **Here There Be Spoilers**

The Lady of Shadows
08-30-2008, 09:45 PM
come on. i can't believe there's not a thread for this show.

michael westen (jeffrey donovan) is a spy who's been "burned" (i.e. outed) and gets dumped in miami. his maybe/maybe not ex-girlfriend fiona (gabrielle anwar) just happens to be there too. she was with the ira but now she's freelance and since she was still listed as his emergency contact she got the call to pick him up. (who knew that spies had emergency contacts? :lol: ) also there is sam (bruce campbell). sam was a navy seal, an intelligence operative, and who the hell knows what else. he's in miami spying on michael but that's okay cause michael knows. oh, sam is also in miami picking up ladies. lots and lots of ladies. and doing some drinking. i'm sorry, did i say some? my mistake. :D

as if michael's life wasn't complicated enough, with the trying to find out who burned him so that he can get his life back, his mother (sharon gless) lives in town. and his brother nate (seth peterson) is around whenever he needs money. or a favor.

so. michael has to find out who burned him so that he can get back in the game. try to keep sam in line, or at least somewhat sober so that he can help out with the "get people out of trouble jobs" that always seem to fall into michael's lap. keep fiona from killing everyone in site, including michael (apparently they didn't part on such good terms). and deal with his family.

bet he wishes they had killed him instead of just burning him.

**let's discuss**

Girlystevedave
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Do you smell that? I think something is burning in here.

[grabs fire extinguisher]

I did actually catch part of an episode the other day, and from what I saw, it wasn't that bad. :)

Bev Vincent
09-01-2008, 04:24 AM
It's a terrific series -- on hiatus for the next couple of weeks for the US Open, but I think there's a marathon scheduled for some day soon, too. I never miss it. It blends sharp humor with fun capers. The lead actor is perfect and the supporting cast is fantastic.

CPU
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I've watched a few episodes of this on Hulu, and thought they were great. I wish one of the big-four would pick this show up, I don't have cable so the only way for me to watch it is on Hulu, or picking it up on DVD.

Bev Vincent
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Two more episodes this season, starting tomorrow night.

Arthur Heath
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I acquired Burn Notice because of this thread. Seemed alright...not sure if I'll continue too far but your reviews seem to be positive, so who knows...

D-Bo
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I like it, it has a definite 80s vibe but is done IMO in a non-cheesy way. And how can you not love a TV show with Bruce Campbell?

Merlin1958
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I like it, it has a definite 80s vibe but is done IMO in a non-cheesy way. And how can you not love a TV show with Bruce Campbell?

Exactly, Bruce Campbell!!! On a side note he has a lot of creative input on the show.

Next to Lost, Burn Notice is the coolest, hippest and overall best show on TV and believe it or not USA has got it. If the big networks took it they would invariably fuck it all up!!!

Long Live Michael and Fiona!!! and Bruce Campbell of Evil Dead Fame!!! lol

:shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season Hiatus finale today. Karla goes to the clearing at the end of the path! All new episodes coming in June!! Can't wait to get "Burned" again. Frasier's dad is "management"!!! Can Niles and Daphne be far behind? lol lol lol

Bev Vincent
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Great finale -- I'm going to miss Victor. Carla, not so much. Great seeing "Frasier's" dad come in at the end, and the scene with the chopper was just like Sawyer on Lost! It'll be interesting to see what happens next season if what the guy in the chopper said is true.

Merlin1958
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Great finale -- I'm going to miss Victor. Carla, not so much. Great seeing "Frasier's" dad come in at the end, and the scene with the chopper was just like Sawyer on Lost! It'll be interesting to see what happens next season if what the guy in the chopper said is true.

yeah great finale!! I'm gonna miss Victor too, I thought he had a small Arc going there, bhut you never know with this show!!

:rock::rock::rock:

Woofer
03-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Insufficient levels of Bruce Campbell awesomeness.