PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill book signing in Bangor....

bangoskank1
08-30-2008, 08:25 PM
September 13, 2008
9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
Spectacular Event Center
395 Griffin Road
Bangor, Maine

maybe I'll see you there...or maybe you'll see me.

The Lady of Shadows
08-30-2008, 09:19 PM
fuck me. why don't any of these fucking maine authors ever travel to my state? i'm telling you it's a goddamned conspiracy. :evil:

:lol:

Brice
08-30-2008, 09:33 PM
I feel your pain turtle. :cry: The worst is in order for King to get to between his homes in ME and FL he MUST ride within a couple of miles of my house each time.

The Lady of Shadows
08-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I feel your pain turtle. :cry: The worst is in order for King to get to between his homes in ME and FL he MUST ride within a couple of miles of my house each time.

you could always stand in your street with a giant sign and scream his name until he stops. or maybe on the side of the freeway? or rent a hot air balloon and drop leaflets? or a skywriter? that would be good.

of course, we'd take up a collection to get you bailed out of jail. i wonder what the bail for stalking is these days? :orely:

Brice
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM

bangoskank1
08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
A MESSAGE FROM JOE HILL..Over the last year, a couple untrustworthy dealers have been selling copies of my stuff with really badly forged signatures on them. I have, in the past, declined to identify them by name, but really, enough is enough. Kick Butt Books - an outfit that operates an eBay store, as well as a private website, dealing in signed editions - recently sent around an e-mail announcing that they’ll have copies of the Locke & Key hardcover, signed and numbered by yours truly. This is a lie and a scam. They also claim a personal relationship with me (”We just spoke with Joe today…”): utter nonsense. I don’t have anything to do with them. Hysterically, Kick Butt Books has even been known to include “certificates of authenticity,” also forged, with their offerings.

Watch this website and my MySpace page for information about appearances. I’m always glad to sign books at such events - that’s why I’m there - and if you can’t make a reading, you can usually call in an order; the bookstore will usually be glad to ship you a signed book. If you want something fancier - say the obscenely handsome version of Locke & Key being produced by Subterranean Press - the smart thing to do is to go through them directly, or work with a bookseller that has an established relationship with Subterranean and PS and the other small presses. If you ever catch wind of an offer that feels even faintly fishy, head to the message board and leave a post about it. I will probably respond directly, but if you don’t hear from us, you can usually count on getting good info from one of the board regulars.

Thanks guys.

alinda
08-31-2008, 09:58 AM
dosnt it just burn you up? :onfire:

The Lady of Shadows
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
people like that have a special place reserved in hell. i'm jewish - i don't even believe in hell but goddamn it, they really do have a special place. with lots of papercuts! and lemon juice!

just fucking out to make a buck. and damn the consequences. and the disappointment of the collectors.

bastards.

funky dredd
09-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Go on turtle, tell us how you really feel. :)

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 11:07 AM

razz
09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
fuck me. why don't any of these fucking maine authors ever travel to my state? i'm telling you it's a goddamned conspiracy. :evil:

or Michigan? seriously. the closest thing we have to a celbrity that came to Michigan is Jonathan Rand. (that michigan chillers guy) and he didn't write about miching. i think it's because he was too scared to come here, and anything he tried to write, or any monster or phenominon he tries to put in a book about Flint would pale in comparison with what actually goes on here.

anyways, can we get someone who is actually important in michigan?

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 12:31 PM
you're important. :couple:

razz
09-01-2008, 02:53 PM
aw... that's sweet :couple:
but people don't line up for my autograph (not yet anyways)

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey razz.....can I have your autograph....please??

razz
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM
sure, here you go

To James, my "number three thousand six hundred and seventy eigth and one half" fan -RAZZ

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:27 PM
OMG....I'm will never wash that part of my monitor again...like...the whole left side....never...thank so sooooo much.

razz
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
:rofl:
i'm honored.

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:31 PM
next time ya think you can personalize it??? It's kinda out there for everyone to claim ya know???

razz
09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
sure i'll take care of that

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
HEY! you! back away from the razzle dazzle! i'm a very possessive turtle in case you hadn't noticed!

:shoot:

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
say thankya

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:34 PM
HEY! you! back away from the razzle dazzle! i'm a very possessive turtle in case you hadn't noticed!

yeah...well I have his autograph...:P

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM

yeah...well I have his autograph...:P

yeah? well i have his real name. :P

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
ahem.....I mailed him something.....I know where he lives.....dot...period...the end. (ok that whole thing mighta just creeped our friend out.)

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 03:49 PM
oh please, you'll have to do much better than that. i've been there, remember? and i've followed their black monte carlo. and i named his computer! dot. period. the fucking end! :P

bangoskank1
09-01-2008, 03:50 PM
yeah.....well.....I'm up in the tree across the street lookin at him right now....

razz
09-01-2008, 03:52 PM
we don't have a tree across the stre
wait a minute. how the hell do you know we have a monte carlo?

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 04:08 PM
razz - shut up. :D

bango - that breeze you felt? that was me stealing your wallet. you're looking at the wrong fucking house. :lol:

razz
09-01-2008, 04:42 PM
hey james? that weird feeling on your neck? that is a BURN! :lol:

turtle, you haven't really been following me around, have you? :unsure:

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
razzle dazzle. my friend. my tet-mate. of course not.

but seriously, you spend way too much time at that stop & rob on the corner. it's not safe.
and can't you find a quicker way to get to SWA? really, you'd have more time to get your shit together in the morning if it didn't take you so long to get to school.

:ninja:

razz
09-01-2008, 05:13 PM

razz
09-01-2008, 05:22 PM
okay, now your just creeping me out. if you're really following me, tell me, what color ois the roof of my school?

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 05:28 PM
::sigh::

doubting the turtle can be hazardous to your health. remember the lolcats thread?

it's green. but not a real green. kind of the pukey green of lime sherbet.

now don't you think we should bring this thread back on track? it is after all the "joe hill book signing" thread. not the "turtle is stalking razzle dazzle" thread. besides, you're giving away all my secrets here. . . . :ninja:

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 05:29 PM
oh, just one more thing. deb the cashier at kroger says you buy too fucking many tic-tacs! :wtf:

Nerak
09-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Has anyone noticed, that this thread is no longer ON TOPIC? Can we take the stalking elsewhere please! :lol:

bangoskank1
09-02-2008, 02:33 PM
ahem...scuse me...may I have your attention if only for a second...There is a Joe Hill book signing...in September...somewhere in Bangor....see somewhere way above for the deets....that is all.

razz
09-02-2008, 02:36 PM
well to tell you the truth, i'm not really keen on making an "I'm being stalked" thread.
as for the book signing, dammit, someone come to Michigan!

Patrick
09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
September 13, 2008
9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
Spectacular Event Center
395 Griffin Road
Bangor, Maine

maybe I'll see you there...or maybe you'll see me.
Is anyone here going to the signing?

A MESSAGE FROM JOE HILL..Over the last year, a couple untrustworthy dealers have been selling copies of my stuff with really badly forged signatures on them. I have, in the past, declined to identify them by name, but really, enough is enough. Kick Butt Books - an outfit that operates an eBay store, as well as a private website, dealing in signed editions - recently sent around an e-mail announcing that they’ll have copies of the Locke & Key hardcover, signed and numbered by yours truly. This is a lie and a scam. They also claim a personal relationship with me (”We just spoke with Joe today…”): utter nonsense. I don’t have anything to do with them. Hysterically, Kick Butt Books has even been known to include “certificates of authenticity,” also forged, with their offerings.

Watch this website and my MySpace page for information about appearances. I’m always glad to sign books at such events - that’s why I’m there - and if you can’t make a reading, you can usually call in an order; the bookstore will usually be glad to ship you a signed book. If you want something fancier - say the obscenely handsome version of Locke & Key being produced by Subterranean Press - the smart thing to do is to go through them directly, or work with a bookseller that has an established relationship with Subterranean and PS and the other small presses. If you ever catch wind of an offer that feels even faintly fishy, head to the message board and leave a post about it. I will probably respond directly, but if you don’t hear from us, you can usually count on getting good info from one of the board regulars.

Thanks guys.
Just wanted to pull that post to this page. It certainly bears repeating.

bangoskank1
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the pull Patrick..it was much needed...and yes...I believe I may be there...why do you ask?

you can also go to Joehillfiction.com for more info...

Heather19
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Did anyone head up to this and if so how was it?

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to one of his signings in the near future.

Jackie
09-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Yea i agree i want ome Maine author to come to my state. Its not even that far [NJ]. But on the bright ide i might be able to get my mom to drive me up to Boston in November. I have off from school and imtold her if she took me to get a book signed by Stephen King i wouldn't ask for anything for like the rest of my life :lol:

Matt
09-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Jackie, welcome to the site.

Glad you made it on and I LOVE your av!

alinda
09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
So did anyone go? Details people details!

bangoskank1
09-16-2008, 05:23 AM
The turnout was great...fun was had by all....now who needs a signed Joe Hill book?

alinda
09-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Dude , I gave my only JH book to Jean. You selling them? I want one. What I got to do?

Nerak
09-16-2008, 05:47 AM
I need the hard cover of Locke & Key!

bangoskank1
09-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Well Karen I'll give ya credit for aiming high anyway...I suppose you would like that signed as well?

what
09-16-2008, 06:00 AM
The turnout was great...fun was had by all....now who needs a signed Joe Hill book?

Can you get automatic weapons too?? :shoot: J/K It seems like you got your hands on everything!

bangoskank1
09-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Bango knows how to tango....

Nerak
09-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Nah, I know how to find Joe, I just want the copy now instead of having to wait! :lol:

Heather19
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
When's the hardcover coming out Karen?

Nerak
09-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I think it's OCT 1st