PDA

View Full Version : Your iPod Inscription and Details

turtlex
08-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Hey All - As you may or may not know, when buying an iPod from Apple, you can get them inscribed for free.

I thought it would be interesting to list what kind of iPod you have and what your inscription is, if anything.

Post a picture if you can ( I will as soon as I get a chance ).

My Details :

I have an iPod touch. 32gig and nearly full with my entire music library. I ripped all my cd's and then put them ( hundreds and hundreds of them ) in storage. I now have space on my bookcase for .... books!

My itouch inscription is :
Ka, Ka-Tet, Khef and Gan
Roland of Gilead, Gunslinger

Please share yours.

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I have a black 30-gig classic iPod. No inscription.

Darkthoughts
08-27-2008, 10:33 AM
I have a black nano, I didn't have a clue about the inscription thing... but we never get anything cool like that in the UK!
The fact that I can watch Lost on it pleases me enough :D

jayson
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Black 80 gb

No inscription

Sadly, 80 gb is not enough for me. I am always having to take things off to put other things on. Still, it is my life support system at work.

VastOne
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Hell, my Grateful Dead alone won't fit on 80 gig.

Waiting for the terabyte versions to hit the streets

Girlystevedave
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
My IPOD has no inscription, but it does have a name: Ipodimus Bob :D

And the IPOD boombox: Boombox Jerry

Yes, I'm odd. I know this! :cyclops:

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Haha, I've always named my computers.

The one at home is Ambrosius.

This one is Bert.

Girlystevedave
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
:lol: Awesome

jayson
08-27-2008, 12:29 PM
My iPod's name is jPod. Pretty obvious one there.

Girlystevedave
08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
It's good to know I'm not the only one.

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I never considered a name for my 'Pod. Hmm.

jayson
08-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Definitely not just you. I can't help but name things.

Girlystevedave
08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
How about protection for your Ipods? I have this little black plush sleeve that I keep mine in..obsessively!
If he's not sitting on Boombox Jerry, Bob is tucked into his little sock. :innocent:

jayson
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
I have a clear lucite case which has a small tight rubber case inside of it. It also has a little pull-out tab on the back so it can stand up. Very cool.

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I get my cases from iFrogz (http://www.ifrogz.com). I opt for the silicone covers - they do pick up pocket lint, but I like the customization options and the easy care of the rubber covers.

Yunsung
08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
iPod: Black 5G, 30 GB.

Name: Esther, in reference to www.scarygoround.com

turtlex
08-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I love this.

First question - What boombox do you have. I'm thinking of getting one, or speakers, etc to use my touch at home.

I could NOT survive a work day without my music. Even if I am known to leave it one one single song for hours.

I just call mine - the touch.

I always call my computer HAL ( yeah, 2001 geek ).

R of G - Did you ever read the book JPod by Douglas Coupland? It's pretty good ( though not as good as Generaton X or Microserfs ).

Rjeso
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm considering calling my 'Pod "Flippin' Pete", because it likes to flip out of my hands, for Pete's sake.

:clumsy:

VastOne
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I have a clear lucite case which has a small tight rubber case inside of it. It also has a little pull-out tab on the back so it can stand up. Very cool.

An iPod condom?

educatedlady
08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a nano and down the back of it I have "Silent athwart my soul moves the symphony true" - W.W.

Good ol' Whitman. :)

jayson
08-27-2008, 03:35 PM
R of G - Did you ever read the book JPod by Douglas Coupland? It's pretty good ( though not as good as Generaton X or Microserfs ).

Nope. Will check it out. :)

The Lady of Shadows
08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
i have a black 5th gen 30GB. love my music and my audiobooks. also love my podcasts of pseudopod and mike bennett.

he lives in a black plastic case with a clear plastic screen over the view screen so it can't get scratched up. also, so that when he travels in the super-secret built in compartment inside my mini cooper's dashboard he can handle the journey well. he comes out of his shell (hehehehe) when i put him on the cute little mini stereo thingy i bought for him. it runs on batteries or ac power so that i can take it from room to room without messing with cords. :D

his name is terrapin. :wub:

he doesn't have anything inscribed on him. i found something i want but can't bear to be away from him for as long as it would take. i'm sure you all remember the hell i put you through while he was being repaired. . . . :pullhair:

::sigh:: i love my ipod. best present my husband ever got for me. :huglove:

Darkthoughts
08-28-2008, 03:49 AM
I always call my computer HAL ( yeah, 2001 geek ).
No way! Me too :couple:

My ipod is called Ludo, I use that name on any games I play too.

Darkthoughts
09-18-2008, 02:13 AM
My new ipod arrived today :rock:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/ipod.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/inscrip.jpg

turtlex
09-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Wow !

Is that one of the fancy new iPod nanos? Coo-ool.

I love that the inscription is so easily read.

That's one problem I have with mine - since its etched on silver, its hard to read ( and impossible to get a good picture of, though I am still trying ).

I love the quote - I've a good friend who also has a Dumbledore quote on her iPod Touch.

Congrats on the spiffy new toy!

BeDaN
09-18-2008, 04:55 AM
I'm stuck with my bulky PSP. Booooo!

jayson
09-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Very cool Lisa! Enjoy it and keep it dry!!!!!

Darkthoughts
09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
:lol: I so will! I've been treating it like a new born baby all day...anytime anyone has asked to touch it I snatch it away :lol:

Turtlex, cool - which DD quote does your friend have? And yes, it's one of the new nano's...I got the advertising email a couple of days after I killed mine and was totally swayed by the pretty colours :D

I don't usually like orange, but it really appealed to to me for some reason (I won't say that infront of my Dad, he'll have me doing the Luscher test in no time :lol: )

Tiffany
09-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Sony Walkman! BUCK THAT TREND!

WOOOOOOOO!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:rock::rock::rock:

[runs out of the thread before being cited for disturbing the peace]

turtlex
09-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Darkthoughts - You're not going to believe this, but it's the exact same quote !!!

I couldn't believe it. We both have / use ours at work, so I sent her the link to see yours and she replied back instantly with a cell phone capture of hers - showing the same words. She couldn't believe it either. Too funny.

I like the color of yours, it's very cool.

Tiffany - A Sony Walkman? How do you say... walk-man?!? Hee. Just kidding.

Darkthoughts
09-20-2008, 06:19 AM
:lol: That is too cool!!

Brice
09-22-2008, 06:21 AM
My new ipod arrived today :rock:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/ipod.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/inscrip.jpg

Ohh! Pretty! :D

You are glad the other one died now, ain't ya'? :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
hey darkers - what about me and my seeing your new ipod needs?

Patrick
09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Sony Walkman! BUCK THAT TREND!

WOOOOOOOO!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:rock::rock::rock:

[runs out of the thread before being cited for disturbing the peace]
CD or cassette?

I have an old school 40 GB b&w screen iPod, a 30 GB classic video iPod and a shuffle. No inscriptions on any of them.

My wife has an old school nano that she doesn't use anymore because now she has an iPhone and absolutely loves it.

turtlex
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Ugh. I tried again today to get a clear picture of my itouch inscription, and I just cannot do it. The back is, like, chrome and it just won't come out clear.

This is my itouch, though, with a picture of Evey from V for Vendetta displayed.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/605/medium/DSC02537.JPG

For the record, the inscription on the back reads :
Ka, Ka-Tet, Khef and Gan
Roland of Gilead, Gunslinger

Darkthoughts
11-13-2008, 01:03 PM
hey darkers - what about me and my seeing your new ipod needs?

:lol: Sorry, I haven't been in this thread for ages! I'll see what I can do.

Daghain
11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I voted for the iPod classic, since that was my first (a 30 gig I haven't yet filled!), but I recently added a lime green nano to the family.

Both are inscribed "Property of Ann Sellers". :D

The classic is named Poe on my network (because it is black) and the nano is Dickens (it's small, as in "little dickens") and it fits with my literary names.

But, my whole network is literary, so they fit into that. My desktop is Shakespeare, my laptop Austen, and my phone is Bronte. :D

My wireless router is named "The Library" because, where else can you find all the famous authors? :lol:

Yep, English major here. :lol:

Jackie
11-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey someone should definitly add Ipod Video to the poll ;)

Frunobulax
11-19-2008, 01:55 AM
No iPod, but an external drive and iTunes. Over 33,000 songs (only about 1/20th of which come from my CD AND record collection), almost 300 gigs. When there's an iPod where I don't have to choose my battles, I will buy.

turtlex
11-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Zoinks! 300gig !
My itouch is 32gig and it's about 26gig full ( not all my songs are loaded ).

Daggers - I love your naming conventions !

jayson
11-19-2008, 05:30 AM
No iPod, but an external drive and iTunes. Over 33,000 songs (only about 1/20th of which come from my CD AND record collection), almost 300 gigs. When there's an iPod where I don't have to choose my battles, I will buy.

Nice Fruno! I recently got a 1TB external drive and have begun the process of loading of all of my cd's and digital music. I am about halfway through and I just passed the 600GB mark. I'm very curious to see if it will all fit on there.

I know how you feel about no iPod being big enough. I have basically come to accept that my 80GB iPod is going to need updating every weekend when I can then decide what I want to listen to in the coming week and load it up. There are probably about 30GB of stuff that will stay on there full time (musical staples if you will), and the other 50GB rotates as my listening tastes see fit. Once everything is on the external drive, this will be simpler to accomplish than it is now. Still, if they could just make a 1TB iPod I'd be much happier.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/dj-086.gif

turtlex
11-19-2008, 06:28 AM
The way things are moving... I predict a 1TB ipod within 5 years.

And I'm only sorta joking :)

jayson
11-19-2008, 07:07 AM
The way things are moving... I predict a 1TB ipod within 5 years.

And I'm only sorta joking :)

Of course in 5 years I'll have probably acquired another TB worth of music, so that'll be too small.

And I'm not joking at all :P

turtlex
11-19-2008, 08:49 AM
LOL !!!

educatedlady
11-19-2008, 08:55 AM
The classic is named Poe on my network (because it is black) and the nano is Dickens (it's small, as in "little dickens") and it fits with my literary names.

Poe is the name of my phone. :)

Frunobulax
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
My external's name is (SOMETHING), after the Microphones song(s) of the same name. That's for the 500 gig that houses my music currently. The terbyte drive is named Sy Borg after the Zappa song and character of the same name.

razz
06-11-2009, 05:19 AM
I just recieved my Ipod today!
It's a black, 8 gig nano (i really don't even need that much), and the inscription reads "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgnah'nagl ftaghn"

flaggwalkstheline
06-11-2009, 05:25 AM
I just recieved my Ipod today!
It's a black, 8 gig nano (i really don't even need that much), and the inscription reads "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgnah'nagl ftaghn"

that is SO badass:pirate:

razz
06-11-2009, 05:29 AM
You really think so? http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr82/Devavres/cthulhu_smiley.gif

turtlex
06-11-2009, 05:56 AM
That's awesome, razz...

... I can't imagine only using 8gig though... I've almost filled up my 32gig iTouch and am hoping Apple comes out with something bigged by the time I'm ready.

jayson
06-11-2009, 05:57 AM
With only 8 gb, I'd be out of room after putting on the Miles and Zorn stuff.:doh:

turtlex
06-11-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm pretty sure I have 8gig of just Pearl Jam... what with the boots and all. :blush:

jayson
06-11-2009, 06:09 AM
I'm pretty sure I have 8gig of just Pearl Jam... what with the boots and all. :blush:

i'm guessing you do because i know i have at least two full data dvd's of live pj so that's over 8gb right there and i know you have more than i do. :D

turtlex
06-11-2009, 06:11 AM
... and always acquiring more .. :D

jayson
06-11-2009, 06:11 AM
of course. there's always more, that's what more means. :D

Kidd Ikarus
06-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I have a 120 GB ipod classic now, cuz my old one broke . . . No inscription . . . but my old one a 30 GB ipod classic, did have an inscription that read "Music Saves Our Lives". It was a tag line I used to use on some DJ drawings I used to do a loooong time ago.

razz
06-11-2009, 07:38 AM
I wanted an Ipod classic, but they only sell them in 120gig+ now.

Kidd Ikarus
06-11-2009, 08:48 AM
The 120 GB is the same price as the 30 GB were years ago though. I know it's waaaay too much space, but I look at it this way. If I keep this ipod in good condition and it doesn't break or crap out on me, I can put every single cd I buy for the rest of my life on this thing! Plus the fact that it was a x-mas present and i didn't pay for it make it even better too. :rock:

flaggwalkstheline
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I use a sandisk
no inscriptions on
but if it did
it would say
"this machine kills fascists"

Unfound One
06-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I've got a 30g Video (5th generation), black.
The inscription says something like "With love from Dad, Christmas 2005," but I'm not totally sure because it's covered with a Gelaskin, this one (https://www.gelaskins.com/skins.php?Skin=151&Category=4) specifically.
That one's been on my iPod for a little over a year, and it's the second one I've had.
Might be time for a switch up - there's a lot of new artwork available since I bought that one. :orely:

Kamekai
05-13-2010, 06:46 AM
I don't have an ipod yet, but i want to get the ipod touch (8gb)

i think i'll put an inscription on like:
Good Ole Mac'Pod (or McPod))/ Apple Mac'Pod
or something like: rotten Apple, Apple of Eden, Granny Smith

or: Samsung, Pear

just too many names, but i like one of the first ones the best

turtlex
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the site, Kamekai !

I have an iTouch 32g and honestly - I've filled it and am now trying to justify a new 64gig model. The 32gig just isn't enough. It's full and I don't even have any movies laoded to it. Just a real lot of music. If you can afford to jump up a model - I'd strongly suggest it.

( I have a pearl jam boxed set coming which is 32 concerts - 64 discs!! - There's no way I can rip these and listen without getting a new iTouch! )

NicNac
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
I used to have a nice 30gig, but left it on an AIRPLANE, grr. But then my wife bought me an 8 gig. Love it. I mean, I would love more space, but she got the inscription put on it for me when she ordered it:

"Sing til you're breakin glass or you're breakin down." It's one of my favorite song lyrics by my favorite broadway singer, Idina Menze. :D

turtlex
05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
NicNac !!! I love Idina Menzel !!!! She's awesome. I saw her in concert last year. It was wonderful.

NicNac
05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm jealous turtlex!!! So very jealous. I've never seen her live (though I was lucky enough to see Kristin Chenoweth live, once).

turtlex
05-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm jealous turtlex!!! So very jealous. I've never seen her live (though I was lucky enough to see Kristin Chenoweth live, once).

i know this is off-topic but I just have to say - it was a great concert. She was sooo funny and engaging and her voice was just so amazing. She did songs from Rent and Wicked and a bunch from her new album. It was a great show - Atlantic City, NJ.

Woofer
05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
No iPod & no possibility for the foreseeable future.

Dagavidiab
05-14-2010, 05:52 AM
ipod touch 32Gb :cool:

turtlex
05-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Okay... talk to me people ..... who else is playing Angry Birds on their itouch/iphone?!?

This is one of the most addictive games I think I've ever played ... and definitely the best itouch app/game I've come across.

You can get Angry Birds Lite for FREE... or the whole game for only 99cents.

I am up to level ... 4-13 now!

pookie
05-20-2010, 10:09 AM
As my sweet turtlex knows, the nano she gave me for Christmas a few years back is inscribed with "gina loves small things" and "uoy evol i 12.25.2005". My nano stays in a nifty Speed Racer cover which garners a lot of comments when I'm traveling.