PDA

View Full Version : Question for Marvel fans...

cozener
08-24-2008, 08:11 AM
What if...

the Venom symbiote bonded with the Hulk?

:scared:

fernandito
08-24-2008, 08:15 AM
It wouldn't really make much difference, would it? The Hulk doesn't need increased strength or the ability to web swing, since he can jump entire miles. :lol:

Hey Coz, I'm going to move this thread to the Comic Tower section :pirate:

cozener
08-24-2008, 08:26 AM
ah I thought comic tower was just for the dt comic books. ah well

But my understanding is that the symbiote enhances the attributes you already have while feeding off of the hosts energy. Wouldn't the Hulk's energy and rage make it even stronger? And who knows what it would make out of the Hulk? It seems to me that the Hulk...being kinda...well...stupid...would be easy for the symbiote to control.

Me? I think it would create a supervillain that would destroy the universe...

Matt
08-24-2008, 08:40 AM
There is an "other comics" sub forum in here :rock:

I think that would have been a cool story line for the "What if..." stories Marvel did, I always thought those were cool.

inertia1215
08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
There is an "other comics" sub forum in here :rock:

I think that would have been a cool story line for the "What if..." stories Marvel did, I always thought those were cool.

Funny you mention those What If marvel comics! I was just going through my old collection this afternoon and came across a few of them. One was "What if Venom possessed The Punisher?" Its a pretty badass book, I love those old ones!

valtr0n
08-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Is the Hulk still stupid? At some point he gained control over his condition. I don't follow the Ultimate universe, so I don't know about that one, but I know in the original Marvel continuity he eventually overcame it, but I think by that point he was Hulk all the time.

Spencer
08-25-2008, 06:09 AM
It wouldn't really make much difference, would it? The Hulk doesn't need increased strength or the ability to web swing, since he can jump entire miles. :lol:

So can Venom, if you believe The Ultimate Spider-Man video game. :lol:

Brainslinger
08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Is the Hulk still stupid? At some point he gained control over his condition. I don't follow the Ultimate universe, so I don't know about that one, but I know in the original Marvel continuity he eventually overcame it, but I think by that point he was Hulk all the time.

The ultimate hulk is pretty stupid yes. He's also grey in colour all the time (at least last I checked), and he actually eats people! I think they decided that a more realistic Hulk would be vicious, although I prefer the older version myself.

As for the current Hulk's mental state... I don't know (I don't read them.) I remember him having his marbles during the Marvel VS DC, but he seemed to lose it in the fight with Superman...

flaggwalkstheline
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
when ultimate hulk threatened to eat freddy prince jr it was the funniest thing i'd read in a comic for a long time

I think there was a what if comic where the venom symbiote kills peter and then proceeds to take over various characters including thor, not sure about hulk though

Arthur Heath
11-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I do remember something about that. I have that issue I believe. I remember Thor slamming down Mjolnir, trying to stop the symbiont from overtaking him. I liked the What If Wolverine was an agent of Shield. Issue.

flaggwalkstheline
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
most what-if? stories are just excuses to violently kill off main characters in delightfully horrid ways case in point: the punisher kills the marvel universe

wolverine actually had the venom symbiotes clone on him for a short time during the miniseries with patricia robertson and the suit, it was cool cause the venom symbiote n its spawn dont kill hosts which is why it needs to eat brains, other symbiotes including its clone take over hosts n use them until theyre dead, for that kind of symbiote wolverines healing factor keeps him from dying so when he had it for a few issues it was BAD