PDA

View Full Version : I will be selling signed Just After Sunsets....

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
As most of you know Sai King is coming to Boston in November. as you also know he will sign 2 books one being the one hes promoting......I live here...Because I have a few First editions I would like signed I am bringing my wife and daughter...only problem is I hafta buy 3 Just After Sunsets books to do this..Not only do I not need 3 but I know that some of you peeps can't get here to get em signed....I will sell two of them at regular cost to two people on here....another problem is I dont know how to choose only two of you (I do have few in mind)...any ideas on how to choose would be greatly appreciated...

James

razz
08-22-2008, 02:19 PM
random people who ask? put their names in a hat.

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
thats one idea...prolly the one I'll use...let's see what else comes up.

razz
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
so how exactly will you take payment?

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 02:26 PM
hmmm...ok so I havent thought the whole thing through yet....any ideas?

turtlex
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I vote for the very easy - put the names in a hat.

And please add my name :)

gsvec
08-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I vote for the very easy - put the names in a hat.

And please add my name :)

Ditto!! :D

razz
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
i will have to wait and see

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
ok fuck it....I'm just gonna put the names in a hat, you'll just hafta trust me on it...if you want one start sendin the names in...I'll pick two on september 26th....I don't know why it just came to me....we can work out payment arrangements then..plus you'll know not to go buy one when it's out.....I will write down your names (Captian Obvious says) so start now...good luck to all.

turtlex
08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Do you want the names here? Or do you want us to PM you?

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
here will be fine...i already have your addy for your sketchbook..

gsvec
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
*raises hand* Throw my name in the hat, please! :D

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 05:40 PM
your in....one more thing..when you throw your name out lemmeknow your state as well...say thankya

turtlex
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Whoowhoo and thankee-sai

turtlex in pennsylvania !

I'm in !!!

gsvec
08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
your in....one more thing..when you throw your name out lemmeknow your state as well...say thankya

Gretchen in the Land of Lincoln here - Illinois! :cool:

Thankee-sai!

inertia1215
08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
ooo oooo pick me!!:excited::excited:

North cakalaky here!

Oh and BTW payments could be sent via paypal, all ya need is an email address, will probably be the easiest way to go!

bangoskank1
08-22-2008, 05:49 PM
ooo oooo pick me!!:excited::excited:

North cakalaky here!

Oh and BTW payments could be sent via paypal, all ya need is an email address, will probably be the easiest way to go!

your in...yeah i do alotta online buying ad do the whole paypal thing so thats prob how it will work...thanks...

The Lady of Shadows
08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
:orely:

will you accept beambucks? :lol:

okay, i'm in. do you remember where i live? :rofl:

oh dear god, bangoskank1 knows where i live! :panic:

Ari_Racing
08-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Iīd love to be in! I live in Argentina... can I participate?

oy-the-brave
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I would love a chance, I live in New Mexico. Thanks, Dave

NeedfulKings
08-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm in too! I live in Oregon and THANK YOU for the chance!!! :)

Bill

douglasesper
08-22-2008, 09:12 PM
hello
my co-worker tim is a HUGE king fan and i want to throw in my name "douglas" into the hat..if i win though can you get it personalized for him and his wife? they recently bought a new house and are broke and this would make an awesome housewarming gift!
thanks
douglas esper

shnnrc01
08-22-2008, 11:23 PM
oh man, thats tempting. put me in please. Peoples Republic of Ireland! thx,dave.

barrry.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-23-2008, 01:23 AM
hello
my co-worker tim is a HUGE king fan and i want to throw in my name "douglas" into the hat..if i win though can you get it personalized for him and his wife? they recently bought a new house and are broke and this would make an awesome housewarming gift!
thanks
douglas esper

King does not personalize books at these signings.

Brice
08-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Could I be in too please? :)

Brice Beede in NC.

alinda
08-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Linda in Florida, if it do ya!:huglove:

CRinVA
08-23-2008, 04:41 AM
CRinVA (Bob) in Virginia if you so please! :P

Spencer
08-23-2008, 05:34 AM

That's probably the best way. Seeing as how I already own 2 signed King books, I won't enter my name for consideration.

razz
08-23-2008, 05:37 AM
i'm in :)
you have my info, right?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-23-2008, 05:39 AM
hello
thanks
douglas esper

Could that be Tim Miller trying it on? :) :nope:

Spencer
08-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Linda in Florida, if it do ya!:huglove:

You forgot "and even if it doesn't." :lol:

alinda
08-23-2008, 05:52 AM
....oh yeah, even if it doesn't :D!

Ricky
08-23-2008, 06:12 AM
I'd like to be in also. :)

Ricky in MD.

bangoskank1
08-23-2008, 07:11 AM

That's probably the best way. Seeing as how I already own 2 signed King books, I won't enter my name for consideration.

i own 31 signed king books....enter anyway

razz
08-23-2008, 07:12 AM
showoff.

bangoskank1
08-23-2008, 07:13 AM
i'm in :)
you have my info, right?

yeah i do...ja get your sketchbook..im hearin they are starting to arrive..

razz
08-23-2008, 07:15 AM
maybe i get it today. but meh. i gave up on the postage system years ago.

alinda
08-23-2008, 07:24 AM
I own one signed book ( that I won here @ DT.com) I'd like to own a King tho' to be sure!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wtf::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

agrabin
08-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Count me in if possible. I live in the UK. Thanks,

bangoskank1
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
umm....

bangoskank1
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM

figures...shipping will prolly cost more than the book...ok surely I jest...your in...just somewhere near the bottom.

Woofer
08-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I might could swing that. It's looking bad for my vacation in Oct, but how can I pass up a chance for a signed King?

Woofer, Florida

Patrick
08-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I'd love to be added to the list.

Patrick in California.

I'll pay for the book and shipping, cover the Paypal fee, and I'll chip in for gas too! :D

Randall Flagg
08-23-2008, 01:39 PM
You are doing a very generous thing. As much as I would like a copy, I'll pass and let the odds fall in others favor.
Thanks again for being thoughtful.:rock:

The Lady of Shadows
08-23-2008, 01:56 PM
wow. will you chip in for my gas? i'm just saying. . . . :lol:

Patrick
08-23-2008, 02:05 PM
If it gets me a signed book, sure! :lol:

Cuthbert Heath
08-23-2008, 02:22 PM
where in boston is he gonna be

sentinel
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm new to this board, I'd love a chance, please add me.
Kerry in Kentucky

Ari_Racing
08-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry..I didnīt understand I had to put my name.

Ariel in Argentina

Thanks for this incredible chance!

The Lady of Shadows
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
oh yeah, gotta follow the damn rules don't i? okay. :lol:

turtlesong. i'm in. and you know where i live.

and again i :panic: wildly at the thought! :rofl:

lophophoras
08-24-2008, 02:48 AM
ok fuck it....I'm just gonna put the names in a hat, you'll just hafta trust me on it...if you want one start sendin the names in...I'll pick two on september 26th....I don't know why it just came to me....we can work out payment arrangements then..plus you'll know not to go buy one when it's out.....I will write down your names (Captian Obvious says) so start now...good luck to all.

I'd like to be added to the drawing please.

Lophophoras in Mississippi. (Wish I lived closer to Boston so that I could attend the signing myself.)

Thanks!

Rahfa
08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Just to be a killjoy about it, isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement of venue/rules/time, etc?

It's in Mass., but that doesn't mean Boston, and it might be a reading matched with pre-signed books, or it might be a signing of just the one book like "Best Short Stories" signing...

Or maybe the crowd is huge and people just don't get things signed like they thought they would...

I'm bringing two people with me too, depending on format, and I'll be there very early...whereever it is...haha...

The Lady of Shadows
08-24-2008, 03:57 PM
:unsure:

Woofer
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Just to be a killjoy about it, isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement of venue/rules/time, etc?

It's in Mass., but that doesn't mean Boston, and it might be a reading matched with pre-signed books, or it might be a signing of just the one book like "Best Short Stories" signing...

Or maybe the crowd is huge and people just don't get things signed like they thought they would...

I'm bringing two people with me too, depending on format, and I'll be there very early...whereever it is...haha...

:unsure:

I second that :unsure:.

The Lady of Shadows
08-24-2008, 06:14 PM

i have a few questions for you rahfa. are you questioning james' integrity? when you say "isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement" do you mean an announcement of the signing he knows about (which he has cannot control)? or an announcement of his generous offer to attempt to obtain two additional signed copies and offer them for sale here (which is what this thread is)?

james has had some damn good information in the past, and some damn good speciality items before anyone else had access to them, so i'm wondering what exactly you are worried about? if you want your name in the hat, throw it in. if you don't, then don't.

he's not promising us anything. he's saying if he gets the two extras signed he's going to have a drawing of everyone whose name is in the hat and sell those two (at cost) to the two people whose names are drawn.

so what exactly is the problem? am i missing something here? if this is simply an attempt to "just be a killjoy" as you say, then please take it to another thread. maybe the displeased and bothered thread. we're all pretty excited at even the prospect of this and really appreciate james even thinking about us at a signing.

say thankya. :)

Woofer
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Just to be a killjoy about it,

That won't get anyone's hackles up at all.

isn't this the kind of offer that might be better if there had been some announcement of venue/rules/time, etc?

Bangoskank1 has already stated when King is coming (November) and what he will be signing (2 books, 1 of which is the new collection), and then he offered the extra copies of Just After Sunset at cost - quite generous.

Or he could decide to personalize everything. Or Tabby and Joe could show up and sign stuff, too. Or it could be canceled because of bad chicken consumed the night before. That in no way negates the generosity of bangoskank1's offer.

And will you be making an equally generous offer or selling them on eBay for good $$$?

if this is simply an attempt to "just be a killjoy" as you say, then please take it to another thread. maybe the displeased and bothered thread. we're all pretty excited at even the prospect of this and really appreciate james even thinking about us at a signing.

say thankya. :)

I second these comments - particularly thanking James/bangoskank1.

http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

bangoskank1
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM

hey ...just so YOU know...you have no clue who I am...you have no clue what you are talking about and you have no clue thatr what i say I do...just ask others here...they'll tell you...too bad you have no chance huh?...sux being you...oh and as far as you being there very early...I promise to let you in...cuz i'm good like that...the jokes on you. do your homework next time .

oh and one more thing...woofer and turtlesong?...kudos for gettin my back...expect something a little extra in your mail...

gsvec
08-24-2008, 07:02 PM
:thumbsup:

turtlex
08-25-2008, 03:00 AM

Is this one of those "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" kind of things.

Bango is making a very generous offer, why bust on it? If you don't want to throw your hat in the ring for the chance or opportunity, then don't. You won't be missed.

I completely don't get people like this.

Bango - ignore them. Please. I for one, and I know other folks, really really really appreciate the offer.

Edited To Add : Yeah! What turtlesong and woofer said.

( sorry, should have finished reading the thread before responding ).

what
08-25-2008, 04:15 AM
wow... i can't believe i didn't see this earlier... is there any exact info on when this is happening? I have family in the area and they would be more than happy to attend this for me!

*edit - just read on the sk boards that the info won't be released till Sept... ugh

douglasesper
08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
hello bango...
cool even if he didn't/doesn't personalize it i know tim would flip out...personally i am not much of an autograph guy, but if you could arrange for me to shake kings hand...hehe just kidding...but please put my name in, and thanks for being cool
douglas esper

alinda
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
bango, I know you keep your word, ( me too :ninja:) I got some really great mail from you today....thank you it is wonderful!:couple:

Ricky
08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
hey ...just so YOU know...you have no clue who I am...

I think it's quite obvious who you are...you MUST be Stephen King! That's why you are giving the two books away because why would you want a signed copy of your own book? :rofl:

In all seriousness, you are pretty cool for doing this. There are very few people in the world who would be as generous as you. :)

Matt
08-25-2008, 02:59 PM
If he is Stephen King....well, I'll shit my pants flat. :lol:

TLC
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
ummm, hi!

Can i be included in the draw?? If not, it's ok....but I thought I'd ask, i'm still kinda new here.
I'm Tamara in Canada (Calgary):cowboy:

alinda
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM
hey ...just so YOU know...you have no clue who I am...

I think it's quite obvious who you are...you MUST be Stephen King! That's why you are giving the two books away because why would you want a signed copy of your own book? :rofl:

In all seriousness, you are pretty cool for doing this. There are very few people in the world who would be as generous as you. :)

uh oh ......:wtf:

Ricky
08-25-2008, 03:22 PM

In that case, I hope he's not Stephen King. :lol:

gsvec
08-25-2008, 03:35 PM

Flat? Hmm . . . that's a new one! :lol:

turtlex
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM

Flat? Hmm . . . that's a new one! :lol:

New, yes. And just a little unsettling.

razz
08-25-2008, 04:30 PM
you know, I've thougth about this before, (King having a membership on this site) it's scared the shit out of me, the possibility that I may have talked to Sai King, and never realized it. Cuz chances are, if that did happen, i probably said some dumbass comment, or fucked up in some way :lol:

alinda
08-25-2008, 04:41 PM
It could happen...ya think?:ninja:

TLC
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I think it's very possible!! He'd probably get a kick out of reading all of our posts!

The Lady of Shadows
08-25-2008, 07:31 PM
okay, first of all if he were stephen king do you think he'd do something so stupid as to give out all this primo, original, collectable, stuff? especially stuff that he got before anybody else could get their hands on it? please, he's the master of horror not the master of stupid. :rofl:

dialing. waiting. ringing.

hello?
yes, hello. i'd like to speak to mr. obvious please?

second, i'm sure that sai king spells much better than james ( :P to you james. your last few post have been horrible. i say just horrible boy!). :lol:

third, james doesn't swear nearly enough to be sai king. seriously, i swear more than james. think about it. i use fuck in practically every fucking post. it's like my signature fucking word. can you see sai king writing without swearing? has he ever written anything without swearing? anything other than maybe speeches (oh, wait i've heard him swear in a few of those so nevermind. . . .) :nope:

fourth, why on earth would stephen king want to make matt shit his pants flat? that would be just plain mean! :wtf: :lol:

:P
:grouphug:

turtlex
08-26-2008, 03:44 AM
I think it's very possible!! He'd probably get a kick out of reading all of our posts!

It's true, we are amusing as all get out.

alinda
08-26-2008, 05:17 AM
:lol: James you getting all this? :lol:

Really come on guys focus!! Were getting a chance to buy a book here.
Its a good deal to be sure, but come on this convo is bordering on silly.:wtf:
Don't you think?
Good point there t/s Sai King does write better/dirtier, and besides he (SK)
if he were here, likely would just lurk. I doubt he'd be too very involved.
One more thing ...turtlex, that cracked me up!:huglove:

bangoskank1
08-26-2008, 05:22 AM
tsk tsk tsk....eye taek sech ofence on knot beeing won hoo ken spel...do ya ken?

I think I'll lurk a little more...I have a score to settle with Bricey boy.

Brice
08-26-2008, 05:23 AM
A score? :unsure:

Sounds ominous!

alinda
08-26-2008, 05:38 AM
take it to the first lines thread boys , yer scareing me ....:lol:

what
08-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Oh yeah... can I get in on this? The family will be in Holand of all places for all of November:(

funky dredd
08-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Please add me in the hat. It's a very generous offer to those of us that could only dream of going!

Funky Dredd
Florida

:)

Patrick
08-26-2008, 11:52 PM

Sounds ominous!

What are you saying? He's giving away a score of the omnibus? omnibuses? :clap:

Sam
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
bangoskank1,
Could you add me to the list? Sam from South Carolina. Thanks a whole lot.

Brice
08-27-2008, 07:49 AM

Sounds ominous!

What are you saying? He's giving away a score of the omnibus? omnibuses? :clap:

:lol:

Read his post above mine Patrick. The word was ominous, not omnibus.

alinda
08-27-2008, 08:26 AM
:lol:

bangoskank1
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
ok peeps heres the deal....I already have wicked amounts of names in the hat...count em if your bored....I think to help the odds on the longtimers who are mostly in the hat (yes, I do have a few faves but i promise to play fair) and are seemingly paying more attention here...I'm gonna stop takin names on Septembet 10th (If your a real fan that date should mean something to you)...I'm not tryin to sound pompous or arrogant but that's just the way it is....I won't even bother listing who's in yet cuz if you posted here...your in....the deal is real my constant readers...good luck to all....

The Lady of Shadows
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
PEEP SPAMMER!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/ultimatepeepshow2.jpg

razz
08-28-2008, 05:33 PM
:rofl:

inertia1215
08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
ok peeps heres the deal....I already have wicked amounts of names in the hat...count em if your bored....I think to help the odds on the longtimers who are mostly in the hat (yes, I do have a few faves but i promise to play fair) and are seemingly paying more attention here...I'm gonna stop takin names on Septembet 10th (If your a real fan that date should mean something to you)...I'm not tryin to sound pompous or arrogant but that's just the way it is....I won't even bother listing who's in yet cuz if you posted here...your in....the deal is real my constant readers...good luck to all....

Sounds very fair, thanks again for the opportunity!!!:rock:

:cool:

shnnrc01
08-28-2008, 09:52 PM
yep, i second that. very very generous.

razz
08-29-2008, 07:04 AM
:panic::panic::panic:
i gots the stand!
i gots the stand!
i gots the stand!
:panic::panic::panic:
:D
thanks, James!

The Lady of Shadows
08-30-2008, 11:32 AM
wait. you got the stand or you got captain trips? :unsure:
if you got the stand why are you panicking? :lol:

razz
08-30-2008, 12:04 PM
i got sketchbook. and i just use :panic: when i'm excited.

bangoskank1
08-30-2008, 08:08 PM
glad your happy...or excited..or whatever it is that guys doin'...the pleasure was mine.

BeDaN
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Brandon here, throw me in the mix too plz.

Calla_Wolf
09-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Please do add me to the hat...I'm in the UK but no probs about the additional postage costs

bangoskank1
09-06-2008, 05:11 PM
your in Calla...if u win there's somethin from the UK I've been lookin for...maybe you can help...good luck.

bangoskank1
09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok folks....all done takin names...now I gotta get them all together....write em all down.....and throw em in a hat....I will only be picking 2...I will do this tomorrow....Good Luck to all who entered...I only want the cost of the book itself...nothing more...i will pay shipping only if you live in the U.S. if not...cough it up....stay tuned...I pinky swear to be fair...the winners will be announced Saturday night...manana...again I say...God Luck to all...and to all the people who don't win I say fear not...I have a tendency to give stuff away so there will be other stuff comin up real soon...

TLC
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Thank yoU!!! I've never met anyone who likes to give things away so much!!!

turtlex
09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Good luck everyone.

Thanks again, Bango! You rock !

Ari_Racing
09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Good luck! THANKS FOR THIS CHANCE!!!

shnnrc01
09-12-2008, 11:38 PM
yep, thx a mil bango. best of luck everyone.

funky dredd
09-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Good luck everyone!

Patrick
09-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Good luck, hope you all win the other one!

bangoskank1
09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
We have one winner so far folks....Congrats to TURTLEX......I actually had the kid next door pick a name out of a bag and yours was on it....I will see you in November....or well....talk to ya....you know what I mean....anyway you win....one down folks....one more to go...few hours from now...omg the suspense is killin me....

douglasesper
09-13-2008, 01:28 PM
i'm on pins and needles...which makes being nervous all that much more uncomfortable...i think i'm going to tell my wife to move all these pins and needles off the computer chair...
douglas

bangoskank1
09-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey douglasesper?? guess who just won the last Just After Sunset???.....CONGRATULATIONS TO WOOFER!!!!!!!!! you win...game over...thanks for playin guys.....more to come.

turtlex
09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh. My. Freaking. Wooooowhoooo !!!
Bango - thanks so much !!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Flipping awesome!

Thankee-sai !

Ari_Racing
09-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Congratulations, guys!! :)

Brice
09-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Congratulations Turtlex and Woofer. :)

Woofer
09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Great Ceaser's Ghost and holy autograph, Batman! My name was the very last name I expected to read. Thanks, James, you are davoom!

*floats off back to her movie*

alinda
09-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Congratulations you two!!:thumbsup::rock::thumbsup::rock::thumbsup::ro ck:

funky dredd
09-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Congratulations :)

Patrick
09-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Congratulations, Woofer and Turtlex!

Have fun at the signing, Bango!

douglasesper
09-14-2008, 02:21 PM
congrats and have fun!
douglas

Jackie
09-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Is there some kind of schedual for the places [if theres more then one] that he will be doing this promoting? If so, if someone can post it or give me a link it would be greatly appreciated. :)

TLC
09-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes, COngrats you guys!!! thanks again BS!

lophophoras
09-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Congrats guys!

:dance:

Nerak
09-15-2008, 06:35 AM
And just to let you know, the cost of the book is $50 (well, that includes a donation to the food bank). OUCH!!!

Bango, are you sure you are going to go still?

bangoskank1
09-15-2008, 06:53 AM
I have no choice my cancer fighting friend....

Nerak
09-15-2008, 06:55 AM
LOL best of luck to you and yours. :thumbsup:

alinda
09-15-2008, 06:56 AM
:thumbsup::huglove:

Aaron
09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
This is no longer valid and will not be happening. Thread closed.

alinda
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Ah, still got a kiss to go around then for you Aaron...:huglove:

Brice
09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Same as the others...I'm sending this on to The Clearing with a redirect.