PDA

View Full Version : Nineteen and other coincidences...

Pages : [1] 2

Darkthoughts
05-28-2007, 04:32 AM
...did you find yourself caught up in DT coincedences once you started reading the books? Nineteen started cropping up everywhere you went? You started to notice alot of places locally with Tower in the title? Or otherwise strange, yet related happenings?

For instance, today is Fete Day in my village, theres loads of stalls selling food, books, crafts etc all up the high street, bands and the like - and for the past couple of years I've had some very bizarre DT/SK experiences at the 2nd hand book stall. The first time it was after reading Drawing of the Three and thinking that I ought to read the Richard Adams book Shardick. Someone also suggested reading Eyes of the Dragon, so I was on the lookout for both. Get to the stall and the first book I lay my eyes on is Shardick - pick it up to read the back cover and EotD was right underneath it! :ninja:

Today it happened again - I've been discussing Desperation and Regulators on the forum here, and what are the first two books I spot today?...Freaky!

Has it happened to you?

Chassit
05-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Ya know, I haven't noticed that about DT but I will keep an eye out. Oddly enough however, I have noticed that the eye of Jupiter (BSG) is all over the place.....

sarah
05-28-2007, 11:16 AM
for me, it seemed 19 was everywhere when i was reading books 5-7 and for a few months following but, not so much anymore.

Erin
05-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Where is Patrick? He recently had an experience like this where Stephen King and Dark Tower references started popping up everywhere. Hopefully he'll share. :)

Letti
05-28-2007, 01:03 PM
No, it hasn't. There are many things around me that make me remember Roland and his ka-tet and the things that happened to them but just because my fantasy and my mind can run far so easily..

Matt
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
I had some numbers weirdness not attached to 19 during the last run of books. I think the more we think about something, the more likely it is to happen to us.

Also, I think the fox news satellite is reading my mind.

sullivan19
05-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Today, i noticed for the first time a train that leaves from London Waterloo, heading for Rowlands Castle. It departed at 19:45, 1 + 9 + 4 + 5 = 19.
It left from platform 8 and had 11 stops. 11 + 8 = 19. I found this rather funny!

Chassit
05-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow! That sounds just like it came out of one of the books heheh.

XIX

Jean
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Sullivan: why the hell do you ever notice such things???

Patrick
05-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Where is Patrick? He recently had an experience like this where Stephen King and Dark Tower references started popping up everywhere. Hopefully he'll share. :)

:o Oh yeah...

About a month ago, I spent a day with prospective clients. Part of the day was a company tour. The guy they assigned to give the tour introduced himself: Steve King. There were too many people around to ask him if Steve was short for Steven or Stephen, but you get the idea.

Later this group (sans Steve King) went to dinner. When we ordered, the guy sitting next to me (a regular there) ordered a salad that wasn't on the menu. I didn't hear what it was called, so I just said, "I'll have the same salad he ordered." Apparently he and his friends made up a salad one day and named it after the waiter who was serving them at the time. When the salads were served, the waiter said, "Roland salad." Yep, the waiter was named Roland.

Oh, and the name of the restaurant they chose? Club 19.

sarajean
05-31-2007, 07:47 PM
my oldest son was born on 19.9.1999.

oh, and i didn't realize this until many years later, but his first two initials are d.t.

maerlyn's son has the initials d.t., as well, and the t stands for the same thing.

Spencer
05-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I did pass by Callahan, FL just as I was explaining Callahan's story to my girlfriend while driving.

Chassit
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Well, I have witnessed this now. Yesterday I was talking with a friend of mine (a reader but not an SK fan) about the beams and their guardians (I am trying to convert her heheh) when I parked the car in front of my bank. Sitting on a steel pole right in front of me at just about eye level was a plastic turtle.

I immediately thought about this thread LOL.

XIX

Spencer
06-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Currently Active Users: 19

Frunobulax
06-02-2007, 08:38 PM
19 was common during my reading of Book VII. But it could be a self-made phenomenon.

SON-OF-WAYNE
06-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I have had some spooky things happen to me while reading these books.

1. I live in Chicago, the Sears Tower (Dark Tower) you can see it any where in the city, (its masive)

2. I came across a mural by my house, It had a Charlie the choo choo looking train on it, a pink crystal ball, and an old westrn looking store on it, (in my mind it looked like Tooks store frome Wolves of the Calla.) I will take pictures of it and post them.

3. The very day that I was introduced to Mia in the story, I met a girl named Mia, and we started dating a month later.

pretty spooky I think.

Matt
06-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Very spooky--I would love to see a pic of that mural SON

Chassit
06-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Me too!

XIX

SON-OF-WAYNE
06-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Will do, next time im by my parents.

Tvmorbid
06-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Not so much coincidence or anything but I find myself looking for 19 in every single Stephen King book I read now, and un-suprisingly there a bloody loads lol. I also look for them in other authors, although ones I find there are conicidence I'm sure. Or are they.....?

Storyslinger
12-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Well, about the time that I had read the part in The Drak Tower where Susan throws away Rolands gun, my house was broken into and the .45 replica of Rolands gun that I got from my grandfather was stolen. Besides being mad, it shocken me that the gun disappeared in two (places?times?)

fernandito
12-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Not so much coincidence or anything but I find myself looking for 19 in every single Stephen King book I read now, and un-suprisingly there a bloody loads lol. I also look for them in other authors, although ones I find there are conicidence I'm sure. Or are they.....?

In A Game of Thrones, there are 19 dragon skulls mounted on the wall in the Lannisters (?) castle.

jayson
12-05-2007, 08:49 AM
My first name has 6 letters, my wife's has 7, our last name has 6.

6+6+7=19

fernandito
12-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Between my first and last name, there are 17 letters. My father's name is also Fernando, so that makes me a Jr.

19 Letters. :)

Kevin
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
If anyone has ever watched to the show So You Think You Can Dance right through to the credits...at the very end there is a very large coincidence. I couldnt find an actually screenshot, but trust me when I say that both these logo's appear at the end of the credits at the same time:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/17/19entertainmentlogo.jpg

http://ir.ckx.com/images/logo.gif

:o :o :o :o :o

Storyslinger
12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I've noticed this in a couple of movies too, they are produced by "19studios" which is the name of it

Kevin
12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
That and the fact that its in a wheel/ball, and that the CK in CKx is written in Crimson!!

Again: :o!!!!!!

Kevin
01-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Another crazy 'coincidence'. This one probably done on purpose.

Wilfrid Laurier Unoversity Faculty of Arts webpage: http://www.wlu.ca/homepage.php?grp_id=35

At the top of the page right under the toolbar where it says Faculty of Arts.

Symbol of Eld, anyone?

ENDER1984
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
MY WIFE ASKS ME THE OTHER DAY," SO HOW DID YOU GET STARTED READING THESE " DARK TOWER " BOOKS?" SO I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND REMEMBERED HOW I HAS WENT LOOKING FOR A BOOK TO READ ABOUT A YEAR AGO IN AN OLD BOX WHERE I KEEP ALL THE BOOKS I'VE READ SINCE I WAS 10. I FOUND "THE GUNSLINGER" IN THE BOX, AND I JUST ASSUMED IT MUST HAVE BEEN MY BROTHER'S. BUT WHEN I ASKED HIM, HE SAID HE HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. I DON'T KNOW HOW "THE GUNSLINGER" CAME TO BE IN THAT BOX ,BUT THEN AGAIN IT'S PROBABLY JUST KA.

Matt
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Wow! That is actually a cool story Ender, its great to have you at the site.

I'm hoping you could not type your responses in all caps. There is a standard idea that all caps in text means someone is yelling :lol:

I know you aren't but the fact is, all caps makes a message very hard to read and I'm hoping to read many more from you.

Thank you :couple:

ENDER1984
01-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry... it's a bad habit. I have never gotten very good at that dang shift key, i just hit the caps lock and away i go. I will be more mindful in the future.

William50
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
I REALLY HATE CAPS LOCK!:angry:

Matt
01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry... it's a bad habit. I have never gotten very good at that dang shift key, i just hit the caps lock and away i go. I will be more mindful in the future.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

On behalf of the whole board, its really cool to have you here.

Kevin
01-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey Ender, nice to have you here. I have a question about my earlier post...do you think King has the rights to the DT symbols and such?

ENDER1984
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Happy to be here...the site is all i hoped it would be when i stumbled upon it.

Jean
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Happy to be here...the site is all i hoped it would be when i stumbled upon it.
no man, it's way better! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

Back to topic: while I was reading Wolves, my wife had TV on, and they showed some twins' contest... they were not really twins, but doubles of famous people, including politicians and I kept thinking, which is the roont one? (more often than not, the answer was obvious, once one remembered our political life of then)

HanzouNorak
01-11-2008, 05:35 PM
19 has been the worst fucking number in my life, if 19 has been unlucky towards you, it might have something to do with me. especial coupled with 99, 19 has been horrid, any thing i ever got with a stock # that =19 (digt+digt+digit, ect.) has broken before i got it out of the box. anything with 19 letters in the name has; broken, is useless, overpriced, unreliable and more.
theres only 1 good 19 thing in my life, Rolling Stone's 19th Nervous Breakdown

John_and_Yoko
02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Interesting coincidence--if you count The Dark Tower as one book, I currently have 19 Stephen King books.

1. The Dark Tower
2. Insomnia
3. Hearts in Atlantis
4. Black House
5. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales
6. The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition
7. The Eyes of the Dragon
8. 'Salem's Lot
9. The Talisman
10. Rose Madder
11. Desperation
12. The Regulators
13. From a Buick 8
14. It
15. Bag of Bones
16. The Mist
17. Different Seasons
18. The Green Mile
19. The Shining

Even if you don't, I had 19 Stephen King books before I made my more recent purchases.

1. The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (revised edition)
2. The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
3. The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
4. The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
5. The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
6. The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
7. The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
8. Insomnia
9. Hearts in Atlantis
10. Black House
11. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales
12. The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition
13. The Eyes of the Dragon
14. 'Salem's Lot
15. The Talisman
16. Desperation
17. The Regulators
18. It
19. The Shining

Honestly did not do it on purpose, as I'd forgotten I even had The Shining (had it even before Christmas of last year, when I got The Stand, and my birthday, when I got the rest of the books on my second list).

Jonn Wolfe
02-13-2008, 03:26 PM
13 instead of 19 here... Black 13 specifically.

Had a dream where I went Todash into my own future... and knew it. Kept trying to come back, and I'd slip forward a few years. Eventually got to the point where I saw myself in the mirror. I had a van-dyke goatee instead of a beard, and it was going gray.

Was FINALLY able to wake up, and realized I'd been asleep for a grand total of 58 minutes. 58. 5+8=13

Yeah, that freaked me the hell out.

Lord_Vertigo
02-14-2008, 02:24 PM
I've had a few, but the one that sticks out in my mind ... in Overland Park, KS (KC metro area), there's a tall black office building whose address is marked Tower Road. I forget the number, but I don't think it adds up to 19. 13, maybe. I'll have to check that sometime. Anyway, I first discovered it while reading the part about the home of the Tet Corporation in New York and thought "That's just odd. And here I am about 9 miles away from I-70, too. I'd better watch out for trains."

Lo_sai
02-22-2008, 02:09 PM
The day that I met Callahan in the Calla, it was suggested to me by my photography instructor that I should check out Harry Callahan's work. It kind of freaked me out a little.

Matt
02-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Dang! That is a good one.

Welcome to the site Lo sai. :rock:

Mark
02-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Isn't this what Susannah calls "Blue Car Syndrome"? I've experienced it not just with the books, but with other things. My Mum says you become more aware of things when you've seen it, like, her example was, when you're pregnant, it would appear as if everyone is pregnant (after this example, I kept seeing pregnant people), my main Dark Tower concidence was that just after i finished read "The Gunslinger", i started back at school, and my biology teacher is called "Mrs Slinger", and i thought "Whoah... Spooky...".

Ka-tet
02-23-2008, 06:04 PM
To be totaly honest i cant say ive ever had an experiance like this before. Kinda wish i had though ><

Jon
02-24-2008, 02:17 AM
My 19th birthday was in 1987!

(Sorry...I'm one of my smartass moods)

Letti
02-24-2008, 02:19 AM
My 19th birthday was in 1987!

(Sorry...I'm one of my smartass moods)

I adore you, Jon!!! *laughs* :huglove:

RUBE
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
The only 19 that I can think of in my life is my birthday: April 19th. It hasn't been a bad day for me but for others it has really sucked. That is the date the Branch Davidians burned and the Oklahoma City Federal Building was bombed. FYI, I only lived about a hour and a half from Waco at the time.

obscurejude
03-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Just Saturday, I was hoping to run into a DT friend. After e mailing him, I took exit 19 to wait for him to call me. As I turned off of exit 19, I saw a road sign for "Old Tower Rd." I thought it was pretty cool.

Letti
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Just Saturday, I was hoping to run into a DT friend. After e mailing him, I took exit 19 to wait for him to call me. As I turned off of exit 19, I saw a road sign for "Old Tower Rd." I thought it was pretty cool.

Wow. Sounds great.

Unfound One
03-10-2008, 01:53 AM
hello all!
first timer here :)
i had an interesting experience last summer while reading the series...
i drive the same route to work every day and there's a billboard on my way that changes frequently....
on a monday morning the billboard had two revolvers on it, which would have been coincidence enough for me.
but the next day it had changed to a real estate advert...
the realtor's name?
roland dean.

weeeeird. but in a good way :)

Storyslinger
03-10-2008, 05:31 AM
hello all!
first timer here :)
i had an interesting experience last summer while reading the series...
i drive the same route to work every day and there's a billboard on my way that changes frequently....
on a monday morning the billboard had two revolvers on it, which would have been coincidence enough for me.
but the next day it had changed to a real estate advert...
the realtor's name?
roland dean.

weeeeird. but in a good way :)

Thats pretty cool.

Brice
03-10-2008, 05:52 AM

Pretty damn cool coincidence there my friend. :clap:

Sardy
05-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi All--

First post, new here. I'm a long-time King fan (been reading him regularly since I was 12 years old in 1982) and have read everything he's written. Just finished Dark Tower (I'd been holding off on these till he was finished and have just spent the past few months in In- Mid- and End-World). Looking forward to some great discussions here! Feel free to visit me at: www.myspace.com/sardy

Anyway, apologies if this has been posted before (but after a search, I couldn't find it). Re: the significance of "19", I recall while reading when nineteen first began recurring to the Tet, thinking that there was a significance to the number beyond the date of King's accident and the other occurrences, that is tied much more closely to the nature of the Tower itself:

12 Guardians + 6 Beams + 1 Tower = 19

Thoughts?

mia/susannah
05-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Welcome Sardy, Looking foward to getting to know you. I never thought about that to tell the truth. But you may be onto something

eldsai
05-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi! this is also my first post I just finished VII today started the series about 5 months ago and I didnt want to come to any websites in case of spoilers so here I am now...

What I thought after reading...
I think the number changes after Rolands quest each time meaning that next it will be 20 that they all see. Or you may be right about the 12 guardians 6 beams 1 tower thing we may never know for sure it could be a number of things.

ATG
05-17-2008, 08:00 PM
He started writting the DT when he was 19.
It morphed into nineteen universes, or levels of The Tower.

12 Guardians + 6 Beams + 1 Tower = 19

19 shows up more and more as the series progresses, on road signs, in tree branches; perhaps they are goal posts to The Tower.

Enjoy the site Sardy, you won't find a more hardcore group of sane Stephen King fans anywhere. A more knowledgeable group is hard to encounter too.

Be sure to note, go through all the pages of Palaver topics looking for polls. You can easily bag 1-3k in beam bucks by voting in any and all the polls.

The Towerpedia section is a real gem..

Alex

pathoftheturtle
05-29-2008, 06:58 AM
Hadn't read this thread before now, but I just had to share what just happened. (I do have lots of other past stories I'll post here later, though. Ka has always been on overdrive w/ me.) Anyway, I went & got all the The Long Road Home comics so far a week ago, and it got me depressed that I gave up the hobby. I was thinking it's too bad that it's too late in my life to become a comic pro. Seriously was daydreaming about buying art supplies someday as I was walking here... and suddenly came on a pile of new markers, just laying by the side of the road.

As SK suggests, truth is stranger than fiction, :D

...12 Guardians + 6 Beams + 1 Tower = 19

Thoughts?Agreement. 19 is the ka of Roland's world.
DT VI Spoiler:Mia says that there's a great demon for each beam. Anti-guardins, if you will.
If the number is 20 on the next iteration, maybe there's another portal too, or something, one more letter added to Claudia Inez Bachman, and so on. Ka. :unsure:

M3talhead 8085
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
*My name:
Ian Thomas Quigley - 16 letters + 3 words = 19

*My adress:
7 + 1 + 8 + 3 numbers = 19

*Sheba is my dog = 19 letters (i am totally serious my dog's name is sheba)

I'm sure I'll start finding others now...

fernandito
08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
*Sheba is my dog = 19 letters (i am totally serious my dog's name is sheba)

That's only 12 letters....

:unsure:

JQ The Gunslinger
08-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Nothin 19 has happened to me. Or i just havent noticed. Watch, tomorrow something will happen lol.

Daghain
08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Just now:

19 members and 62 guests

are online.

:panic:

kirin
08-14-2008, 09:47 AM
19 was the number of the bus which ran one of my friends over on the 19th of the 9th 1999

The Lady of Shadows
08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
my real name adds up to 19 (16 letters and three words)

Letti
08-14-2008, 11:38 PM
19 was the number of the bus which ran one of my friends over on the 19th of the 9th 1999

God... it sounds incredible. I am so sorry for your loss.

Truth
08-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Recently on 8-11 i was having bad luck all day,and had it pointed out to me by my two roommates that i was,and at nite i realized the date was august 8 2008 which is
8-11-08
8+11=19
soon after i realized it was a day of 19 my luck lessened dramatically i thought it kind of weird that i would have such bad luck on a day of 19 but who knows right.

-( Does anyone now of a thread to talk about the spiritual side of DT, or a DT religious belief system.)-

Jean
08-15-2008, 02:17 AM
kirin: I hope your friend survived???

Truth: there's a number of such threads right here in Gilead, as well as in the Baronies. Look around and you'll certainly find something to your taste.

Letti
08-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Truth, if you give us some more details (about what you are interested in) we will be able to show you interesting threads.

Truth
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Well Jean i breifly glanced at the baronies and i mostly use Gilead and thier wasnt anything for this that i found.

Well Letti ive looked around but i was just wondering if anyone has started a thread for any real life Dark Tower related events happen to them or if anyones thought of a real life relegion or system of belief that takes from the Dt sereis itself??

Jean
08-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Truth: just start it. If your thread is redundant, we'll merge it. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Letti
08-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, Truth I'm am with Jean. Start it because it sounds cool and if it exists already we can merge it anytime. :grouphug:

kirin
08-20-2008, 12:02 PM

he survived he looks before crossing the road now though :P

Letti
08-20-2008, 12:53 PM

Thank God! *feels much better*
Has he read the series?

kirin
08-21-2008, 05:08 AM

Thank God! *feels much better*
Has he read the series?

i know he read bag of bones which freaked him out with all its 19 references dont know about the tower books

BeDaN
09-03-2008, 06:40 AM
After I finished the series, I went to the library to return book VII. As I was walking out I noticed on a table they had a wicker basket setup with "Free Books" on a bulletin attached to it. I flipped the first book and right behind it was a faded copy of Richard Adams' "Shardik", I almost crapped my undies. I took it immediately. My ex-wife tried to throw it away a few days later when she was moving out. . . . .

. . .and there it sits to this day right next to the rest of my King books.

Tony_A
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
There is a house near me being sold by Beam Realty, based out of Annapolis, MD.

My grandmother was born in 1919

My mother was born on Sep. 19 (and Sept. 19 is the respond by date for my wedding).

Ves'Ka Gan
09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
We were used paperback shopping to find my roommate book 2 of TDT (mine are all in storage) and we came across a slew of Stephen King hardcovers. She didn't have any of them and a few were ones I hadn't read so we picked them up--the total??? 19 dollars. *twilight zone music*.

alinda
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Ok, really happened, on the way home from work I pass a sign that indicates my town is 19 miles away, it is situated at a traffic light. This particular evening as I was looking at that sign for the millionth time I noticed there was an ambulance at the signal with me
the number painted on the side panel? 19.

Letti
09-04-2008, 09:00 PM
You know I have moved lately.
As I was coming home from work suddenly I saw this (I stopped and I had to watch it for awhile):

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/Lettike/aug002.jpg

Anyway the board says
Zita
Women Fashion :)

3 DOORS DOWN
09-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I was 19years old when i first read the gunslinger,never made the
connection till i had finished book 7 ,what 2o or so years later.

Brian
09-17-2008, 01:22 AM
I am rereading the series for the third time now.I stopped for a few months to read other things but when I would stop reading DT it seemed that all I would see is 19 and other references from the series all the time.Only when I would start them again is when it would taper off a little.weird huh:panic:

alinda
09-17-2008, 03:56 AM
I almost expected your post # to add up to 19 on that one :lol:

MaXx Ka-Tet 19
09-26-2008, 03:22 PM
1 of my classes has 19 students in it:rose:

Brice
09-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Small coincidence: I've been working my roommates store a little on the side lately. Next door to it is a burnt out hull of a building that is now just a vacant lot with the front frame of the building. Yesterday I stepped through the doorway into it and looked to my right and saw a three or four foot section of what apparently used to be a mural untouched by the flames. The part that was untouched was mostly roses.

Jackie
09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
I remember [not specificly] when i would be reading a part in one of the books and i would have the tv on and a comercial would come on relating to what i was reading

ladykatherine
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I've been waiting to see a thread like this!!
I feel, personally, that I was going insane after starting the dt series with the amount of coincidences I noticed. Kinda like after seeing 23 haha.

But for one, I noticed I started the series on the 19th of June this year (it was a bad day, so I remember it well). Then noticed that my brother and my full names both have 19 letters each. And I swear, on the way back to school this fall I noticed street signs like "blaine lane" and stores like Cort's Furniture for the first time in two years!! Not to mention the oddest is the reoccurence of finding "delgado" in the strangest places. For example, I was moving a friend into her apartment off-campus and saw her next door neighbor's name was Sam Delgado. Crazy...I just get freaked out whenever I see that!! Of course, I know it's only happening because I'm probably unconsciously looking for it...

:angry: too bad though.

Letti
09-28-2008, 12:56 PM
I feel, personally, that I was going insane after starting the dt series with the amount of coincidences I noticed. Kinda like after seeing 23 haha.

But for one, I noticed I started the series on the 19th of June this year (it was a bad day, so I remember it well). Then noticed that my brother and my full names both have 19 letters each. And I swear, on the way back to school this fall I noticed street signs like "blaine lane" and stores like Cort's Furniture for the first time in two years!! Not to mention the oddest is the reoccurence of finding "delgado" in the strangest places. For example, I was moving a friend into her apartment off-campus and saw her next door neighbor's name was Sam Delgado. Crazy...I just get freaked out whenever I see that!! Of course, I know it's only happening because I'm probably unconsciously looking for it...

Why is it so bad? I would enjoy it. I mean I do whenever I meet one.

Small coincidence: I've been working my roommates store a little on the side lately. Next door to it is a burnt out hull of a building that is now just a vacant lot with the front frame of the building. Yesterday I stepped through the doorway into it and looked to my right and saw a three or four foot section of what apparently used to be a mural untouched by the flames. The part that was untouched was mostly roses.

It must have been touching. You should have taken a pic of it. Were they wild roses?

hoin1585
10-05-2008, 05:02 AM
My student number:81037

8+1+0+3+7=19

My birthday in 2008(The year I've finished The Dark Tower):2008/3/6

2+0+0+8+3+6=19

My member name:hoin1585(I swear that I didn't know DT when I first created the member in this name on Yahoo)

1+5+8+5=19

Brice
10-05-2008, 05:05 AM

It must have been touching. You should have taken a pic of it. Were they wild roses?

If I recall correctly they were growing in between the cracks of a stone wall in the remainder of the mural. The only thing else you could see was a tree in the background. I didn't think to take a picture.

Hbgunslinger
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Started reading the series at age 19. East Brookfield a town over from me has both a Blaine Ave and a Flagg Rd. Blaine Ave is only maybe 400 yards away from train tracks.

tjglos
10-09-2008, 08:56 AM
whilst driving home from work tonight i saw bright yellow lorry with "discordia" written in 5 foot letters down the side and back. i crapped myself. just glad it was yellow not crimson

gsvec
10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
A lame one, but I was just watching Deal Or No Deal and said to myself that the big $ was in case #19 . . . and it was! :D

ladykatherine
10-13-2008, 08:32 PM

Oh no! I meant 'too bad' as in 'too bad it was probably happening because I was forcing the coincidences'! No, I think it's really cool when it happens. Though I never around anyone that would understand why I suddenly gasp when I have a moment...hahaha!!
:cowboy:Katie

BlaineTheChooChooTrain
10-15-2008, 07:02 AM
After reading this thread I did some thinking.

The first time I read The Gunslinger I was 16 and was in the middle of what ended up being 19 days in a juvenile detention facility, for shooting out 19 street lamps (it was really 23 but I was charged with 19 (bad bad kids I know))

When I re-discovered the series I was 19, I lived in 1801 blackstone ave, zip code was 23842 (2+3+8+4+2=19).

Hbgunslinger
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I forgot after I first post here that there is a road in Brimfield, Ma named Tower Hill Rd. too.

ladykatherine
10-16-2008, 09:27 PM
wow blaine, that was insane.
(omg that rhymed! hehehe)
but seriously...wow.
:rose:LadyK

Hbgunslinger
10-30-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm in the process of a re-read and just noticed one of the roads named in the book in Maine is Slab City Rd. There is a road by the same name in North Brookfield which is next to East Brookfield with the Blaine Ave and Flagg Road. Only about a half a mile from Blaine Ave.

Jean
10-30-2008, 01:23 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif

Hbgunslinger
10-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Damned work computers don't let me see the pictures. lol

DettaDelgado
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I was watching volleyball in the olympics a few months ago, and I had just downloaded the song "19" to my mp3 player. I hadn't heard the song before, I chose it for the title. When I pressed play and the song started I looked up and the score was 19:19.

mystima
11-06-2008, 08:03 PM
my 19th birthday was in 1991:panic::excited:

mystima
11-06-2008, 08:12 PM
my last post was 19

mystima
11-06-2008, 08:26 PM
although it might not have any meaning in this thread...(it might. ya never know) was watching The Stand and the scene where they are at the town meeting just before they sing the national anthem, there is a mural above the room and it has a picture of a large train, on the right side there are four people standing next to it...one woman two men and a boy...on the left side there are three people standing next to it...all three are young men...dressed in gunslinger finest.

Lady_Macbeth
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I was actually turning 19 when I was reading the series, pretty cool.

Jean
11-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I was taking a new student (Tatiana) to an existing group; we meet at one of the students' apartment, so not to explain how to get there - especially since I had never bothered to learn the address - I just picked Tatiana at the nearest subway and lead her to the apartment, explaining things while we walked.

"Here," I was saying, "is the yard you'll have to come through to get to the yard you need... In case you forget which yard, let's look at the number of the house... hmmm. Nineteen. Well, all right, here's the door, just walk upstairs till you get to this landing, sorry the number of the apartment can't be seen, but it's right next to the apartment number - let's have a look - hmmmmmmmm. Nineteen....."

alinda
11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
:)

Ves'Ka Gan
11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Today we withdrew 20 dollars from my bank account, leaving me with nineteen dollars left to my name.

Then, maybe an hour later, I was notified that I got a job & start tomorrow....:orely:

I guess....thank you Sai King? :P

razz
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I was watching Doctor Who, and in the episode End of the World, a member of the maintenance crew (a plumber, actually) is killed when investigating a a problem in vent #19.

Chap
11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
nothing big, but my 19th birthday was in 1999
ka-tet of 19 and 99 :p

edit:
just played the word game in the arcade, first I got "Stephen King", then the next was "The Tower of London" :panic:

The Old Fella
11-17-2008, 12:26 AM
When I recently re-read Wolves of the Calla and the ka-tet were going on about folks in the Calla whose names consisted of nineteen letters, I decided on a whim to see how many letters were in my name.

My full name is James Andrew Williams. Count them for yourself.

:scared:

Jackie
11-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Today we withdrew 20 dollars from my bank account, leaving me with nineteen dollars left to my name.

Then, maybe an hour later, I was notified that I got a job & start tomorrow....:orely:

I guess....thank you Sai King? :P

This one made me laugh

good luck and congrats on your new job though :clap:

The Lady of Shadows
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
the lady who made my peppermint hot chocolate at starbucks today had a tattoo on her right forearm. it was a rose with a sort of yellowish center. no interest in the dark tower. the image just came to her. . . :orely:

i have 99 messages in my pm box - and i never save pm's. ever.

i scored 19099 on the newly installed mahjongg. but it doesn't save scores right now.

that is all.
:D

Diggity Of The Eld
11-18-2008, 07:13 AM
When I was reading the books, I noticed a ton of these sorts of things. I'd notice a lot of street names that seemed Tower related, although none of them are coming to mind now.

Sam
11-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I noticed last night that my wife's name has 19 letters regardless of if I use her maiden name or her married name.

flaggwalkstheline
11-19-2008, 05:20 PM
it freaks me out how in the Marty Robbins song Big Iron (which is about a wild west gunfight) the outlaw Texas Red is stated to have 19 notches on his belt, one for every man he killed
really great country album, gunfighter ballads

Mianjo
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
This is a really interesting thread! I love reading stuff like this, Blue Car Syndrome or not.

Here's a silly one: I noticed just now when I made my first post, it was 19 minutes after the hour. :)

SigTauGimp
12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Like others, most of my little moments have been "Blue Car Syndrome" -esque things.
But every now and then I have a creepy moment...like, last summer, I was having a road-trip with a friend of mine down to Myrtle Beach. It's a pretty long drive, and most of it is interstate driving...well, for most of our time on the interstate, there was a red car that was always keeping up with us...we'd slow down, they would. We'd speed up, and they would be right behind us...finally, about 2 exits from the one that we were supposed to take, the car decided to pass us. We had been joking about writing down it's license to report stalking and all of that. After it had passed us, and since I was the in the passenger side, I was the one who was supposed to write it down...the license was 1782KA1, and the bumper of the car had two bloody red eye stickers on either end. I totally flipped out, and convinced the driver of our trip to speed up and get close enough so I could take a pic with my camera...if I can ever dig it up, I'll post it.:scared:

Letti
12-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Dig it up. :)

Matt of Gilead
12-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, I was born on June 19th, but I can't help that. And yes, reading DT has made more sensative to the number 19...by a lot. Can't honestly say I've noticed anything really bizarre since I read it, though.

Fitz
12-12-2008, 03:20 AM
This is a really interesting thread! I love reading stuff like this, Blue Car Syndrome or not.

Here's a silly one: I noticed just now when I made my first post, it was 19 minutes after the hour. :)

Haha i've just read your post, and thought oh right bit weird. Then looked at my clock to see its 19 minutes past :panic:

Glady
12-13-2008, 12:32 PM
My name has 19 letters. There were 119 posts in this topic before I posted. :P
On my way back home, I always pass by a few cars which have 19 as a number. There's also one with "GAN" and a couple with "AAA".
On the street where I live, there are two houses with '19' as a number, even though they're on the same street and they're not even one next to the other.
I'm quite sure there are more, but I can't remember them right now.

Zedleppelin32
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
When I was at work I scanned a guys credit card and his name was Richard Flagg, I thought it was funny that his last name was Flagg. At the same time I was reading the Stand and a few days later I found out his real name in the Stand is Richard.

Fitz
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
When I was at work I scanned a guys credit card and his name was Richard Flagg, I thought it was funny that his last name was Flagg. At the same time I was reading the Stand and a few days later I found out his real name in the Stand is Richard.

Oooo spooky haha. :scared:

Letti
12-21-2008, 11:16 AM

That's something.
How did he look like? :)

Kes
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
As I said in my introduction...I've read MOST Stephen King and was a fan but could never quite get through the Gunslinger. Though, I did have a weird connection to the DT related books.

Well, I picked up the Gunslinger again about 90 days ago at the insistence of some friends and was hooked. I chewed through the books and went to work with the last of book seven to read this last week. Okay...I work for Amtrak, so I was reading on a train...that in itself, weird enough.

THEN, I realized that I had about 30 pages to go...but that I was going to have to wait...because it was January 18th. SO...I finished the book on January 19th.

Then, on the 19th, I'm reading "The Road to the Dark Tower" and a man at a table in the diner asks me what I'm reading. I tell him. We talk a bit about King. He tells me he's a writer and somehow we end up talking about early writings. He says, "I have something I wrote as a kid that I just can't seem to let go of. I have 19 chapters finished but then I had to stop." I say, "Whoa, wait" and tell him about "19". We both remark on how strange that is...he signs his credit card and leaves.

Well, when I pick up the slip...I see that that the total on his meal is $19.00.

Letti
01-22-2009, 01:01 AM
THEN, I realized that I had about 30 pages to go...but that I was going to have to wait...because it was January 18th. SO...I finished the book on January 19th.

You totally rock.

Then, on the 19th, I'm reading "The Road to the Dark Tower" and a man at a table in the diner asks me what I'm reading. I tell him. We talk a bit about King. He tells me he's a writer and somehow we end up talking about early writings. He says, "I have something I wrote as a kid that I just can't seem to let go of. I have 19 chapters finished but then I had to stop." I say, "Whoa, wait" and tell him about "19". We both remark on how strange that is...he signs his credit card and leaves.

Well, when I pick up the slip...I see that that the total on his meal is $19.00.

Wooow. Really touching.
Let's hope he will start to read the DT series and he can finish his book.

Bumbler19
01-23-2009, 12:13 AM
I've had so many of these i've actually thought i should be looking for a GAWD-Bomb Door to Midworld... Highschool was really hard... sooooo many doors....

I've had more experiences myself that coincide eerily close to things mentioned or events in the series as i'm reading it.

lets start w/ a recent one

about 30 pages after a certain Baby-boh was born... a tiny (seemed to be a baby) spider was dead, squished between the pages of my DT7, which means that the spider died the same day baby-boh was born(from my perspective)

I started getting into the Beatles, mostly listened to Hey Jude about a week before I read the first book in the series.

stopped listening to Beatles religiously, for a while... Across The Universe came out (the beatles movie tribute thing) and the series mentioned Hey Jude again, after a long intermission of not mentioning anything beatles related.

My friend told me to listen to Mega Death... I youtube it, not my kind of music, but next day Mega Death is mentioned by Eddie in I believe... The Waste Lands or Drawing of the Three.

One night i was telling my friend about the series and how these things we are talking about in this thread can pop up... and its super creepy. i was specifically telling her about my Hey Jude experiences earlier. Mostly thought of it because i watched Across the universe again at work that day. and again... Hey Jude pops up in DT7 that same night.

this is gross and weird and prolly not that big, but when I read about how mordred was getting sick and shitting everywhere because he ate the horse... my dog same day got sick with diarrhea and shit everywhere in the house.

When I was 10 years old we got my dog, she is a pug, who reminds me a lot of how I imagine Oy. Curly tail, size, etc. etc. really minor there...

I just realized right now and i'm upset i've never noticed before, my house numbers (2872) Add up to 19....

i'm sure there are many others, i just can't think of any more atm..!

but that spider one was a real freak out for me XD

mystima
01-23-2009, 11:18 PM
well a while back when king had his accident i was reading Insomnia, the thing that really creeped me out was that i was about finished with the book and the scene in the book was where the main character is hit by a car that swerved to keep from hitting a dog. the injuries the character received in the book were the same that king had. that freaked me out!!!!:panic::onfire:

Bumbler19
01-24-2009, 01:03 AM
I saw a guy's license today, his address was **** Tower Dr.

I wish i would have looked at the house numbers to see if they added up to 19 XD

I can't believe i never connected that there was a Tower Dr. in the city i live in XD

(I work at a used games store and when people come in to sell stuff we have to take down their address and license info.)

Bumbler19
01-25-2009, 06:47 PM
The fat kid in the new blackberry commercial is named Callahan!!!

Letti
01-27-2009, 09:27 AM
The fat kid in the new blackberry commercial is named Callahan!!!

Wooow! ;)

Kes
01-28-2009, 10:36 AM
I was just ranked the 19th Sweetest Person on Facebook.

Yikes:

Your Rank:
among your friends!

Nanidesuka
01-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I see 19 just about every day...

Today, i finished a book with 19 chapters. Woot~

Yesterday, there was a commercial on with a few cows. One cow's face appeared on the screen, and the number on its ear marker was 219.

A few days ago i went to the corner store to buy random munchies. My total was $5.19.

Then there's Westernaires. Here's the thing. The Westernaires colors are strictly White and Red. I'm in Red Division, having graduated from White Division a couple years ago. I'm on a team called Royal Rangers, and our team rivals are....yes....the Crimson Rangers. And i'll be graduating out of this organization when i'm...yes, you guessed it, 19 years old.

^^

Matt
01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
That's amazing!

I don't end up with a lot of 19's for some reason.

Nanidesuka
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
That's amazing!

You can have some of mine. I'll try and throw a few 19's your way. I've got too many as it is.

Matt
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
:clap:

That would be great

I figure owning this site means my whole damn life is 19--I should start checking site stats for instances of it. I bet they are all over the place.

Kes
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I've always had some interesting relationships with particular numbers. In my lifetime it's generally 4's, 8's, 17's, 26's and 51. 19 has joined the list.

Letti
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
That's amazing!

You can have some of mine. I'll try and throw a few 19's your way. I've got too many as it is.

You can send some here as well. :)

Brice
01-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Well, I won't go into details or anything (I was completely innocent and there are no crimes on my record or anything. I never even went to court.), but here's an interesting 19 coincidence. When I was 19 I was facing 19 years in prison. In only two more years I'd be free if I for some reason had been tried and served it all.

Letti
01-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Well, I won't go into details or anything (I was completely innocent and there are no crimes on my record or anything. I never even went to court.), but here's an interesting 19 coincidence. When I was 19 I was facing 19 years in prison. In only two more years I'd be free if I for some reason had been tried and served it all.

Thank God you are free. :couple:
Just imagine all those romantic books you would have read so far. ;)

Brice
01-29-2009, 05:40 AM
:rofl:

:couple:

Nanidesuka
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Like i said, every day~

My daily dose(s) of 19 for today:

~I'm good friends with the lunch lady at my school. Today is my birthday, and it's also her son's birthday, and i learned that he is turning 19 today. ^^

~And another friend of mine turned 19 just two days ago, making the majority of my guy friends 19 yrs old.

~Edit: just got off Sheezyart, and realized i've hit 819 pageviews and i have a total of 19 favorites.

~Edit Edit:: Got my test back for physics today. +19.5 out of 23. Girl sitting next to me got an even 19. That's 7 total 19's today.

Matt, Letti, i'm doing my best to throw some of these 19's your way, but obviously am not doing so well.

Chap
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
I currently have 19 followers on Twitter. :panic:

Nightfall
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I ride bus 186, it's parking slot is slot 22
1+8+6+2+2 = 19

I was assigned calculator #19

A few messages ago on my Myspace was sent at 9:19

Matt of Gilead
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
See, adding numbers to get 19 is only valid if you add the digits like that. Some people would say 316 adds to 19 because 3+16. Silly people looking for numbers.

Ka-Shume
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
While reading Wolves of the Calla which is where 19 really starts becoming mentioned alot and they start adding up peoples' names to see how many lettters there are, reluctantly I counted mine.

Alexander John Custer

I'll let you count them for yourself in hopes that you don't rape me. xD

I saw so many 19s while reading the series and afterward that my friends started to say that I was just making it all up and taking it too far, its been a while since I went through that time but I remember I bought tickets for homecoming for me and my date, I got tickets 45 and 46, which are the only two tickets sold that the numbers are next to eachother and 4 + 5 + 4 + 6 = 19.

And also my girlfriend at the time kept seeing 34 everywhere and I thought that actually was just in her head (and it probably was) but shortly after this started there was a part in DT7 that says "At this point Jake and Callahan had been in the Dixie Pig for 34 seconds" I just sort of set the book down for a minute to think.

Chap
02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I currently have 19 followers on Twitter. :panic:

update: I had 19 followers, but then one stopped so I only had 18.
Then Barack Obama started following me and became the 19th :panic::orely:

jayson
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
He is a follower, that's for sure. :evil:

obscurejude
02-05-2009, 01:22 PM
:rolleyes: :rofl:

Nanidesuka
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I've noticed that i seem to always catch a look at the clock when it's _:19.

ladykatherine
02-07-2009, 01:49 AM
My favorite coincidence was when I started seeing DT related things on my trips back on forwarth to school. There was a side street I noticed named Blaine Lane (ugg, it rhymes!), a furniture store named Cort's ... (probably just 'Furniture' haha). But I think the coolest one, that took me by suprise was the "weigh station" in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. It's a weigh-in thing for semi's I believe, but it's set so far back from the road and overgrown that it looks like an abandoned shack. It's really creepy to drive past at night. I have seen the last name Delgado all over the place in whitewater(granted, it's probably just a popular name in the area, but still).

But the biggest one that makes me feel marked, like Ka-Shume up there ^^

Katherine Diane Majko

Though I do feel a trifle unspecial now that I am no longer 19....(turned 20 yesterday, big sigh).

Okay, that's all for now!!

jayson
02-07-2009, 11:23 AM
a furniture store named Cort's

There's one of those here as well. The one I always see is directly next door to a gun range. Cort? Guns? Hmmm. :orely:

idk, my bff jill?
02-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I went to the movie theater yesterday to watch Taken, and naturally, having drunk quite a bit of iced tea and Coca Cola during the movie, I had to pee when it was over.
When I went into the restroom stall, I looked at the toilet paper dispenser and saw there was a sticker with the number 19 stuck to it.
After I saw it, I peed 19 times and heard the Twilight Zone intro playing in the background.

It was an awkward situation for everyone in the restroom.

Darkthoughts
02-07-2009, 12:23 PM
:rofl:

Nanidesuka
02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Ah i remembered.

I also a Furniture store by my school named Cort. I also live fairly close to a building with the word Gilead written on it. I'm not sure where it is, or what it's for. I haven't seen in since i first made that connection...

Letti
02-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Some days ago I saw a guy on the metro who was reading W&G. My eyes almost jumped out when I noticed what he had been reading. I wanted to go to him and tell him it's the book of my life but he was listen to some music and he seemed like being in another universe so I couldn't move my legs to go to him.
Anyway he almost missed his stop because he get lost in the book so much. :)

It's quite strange that it happened to me twice in my life that I saw strangers reading DT books and both happened on the same metro line in the metro carriage.

Hoot
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Today, while I was reading the final book on my way to English class I'm at the part where Eddie and Roland are being flung about, and... Chassit?
When I went to my classroom, on my desk, I saw a ring.
It had turtles on it =P 7 turtles to be exact. They're in pairs, facing each other, save for one, who's staring at the 'butt' of another turtle.
Not a huge coincidence, but made me chuckle inside just the same.

Nanidesuka
02-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Haha...today i took a test for my Spanish class. The test packet number i got was 19.

And tomorrow i'm taking a test in history over chapter 19. ^^

This is also my 19th post.

Ka-Shume
02-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Haha...today i took a test for my Spanish class. The test packet number i got was 19.

When I read both of your posts on this thread you had 19 posts. xD

Whidden
02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
About 4 years ago, I was re-reading The Gunslinger, and I was at the part where the Man in Black is talking to Roland, and Roland is cooking a rabbit but won't eat it, says something about not wanting enchanted meat.

Right at this moment, my wife screamed from the other room, "David, it's a rabbit!"

I was like, ????????

Felt surreal.

I go in the living room, and the cat has killed a rabbit, brought it in through the doggie door and has dropped it in this wooden letter box we kept papers in.

Just a coincidence of course, but still, it spooked me pretty good. :onfire:

Nanidesuka
02-16-2009, 12:15 PM
I have a car that hasn't worked since i got it, so i've never driven it, and it hasn't been driven at all for lord knows how long.

Yesterday, just for kicks and giggles, i went out and sat in my car for the first time in months, just because i felt like it, and i wanted to see if maybe it would start. It didn't, but i happened to look at the number of miles it had.

2009119. Turned a boring day full of babysitting into a day of 19.

Nanidesuka
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM

When I read both of your posts on this thread you had 19 posts. xD

Haha, you're right! Thanks, i completely overlooked that. xD

at_one
02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I have a car that hasn't worked since i got it, so i've never driven it, and it hasn't been driven at all for lord knows how long.

Yesterday, just for kicks and giggles, i went out and sat in my car for the first time in months, just because i felt like it, and i wanted to see if maybe it would start. It didn't, but i happened to look at the number of miles it had.

2009119. Turned a boring day full of babysitting into a day of 19.

2 million miles?!? Holy ape shit!!!

Brice
02-20-2009, 07:01 AM
No wonder the thing won't start. The poor car is tired. :yawn:

JQ The Gunslinger
02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
My favorite coincidence was when I started seeing DT related things on my trips back on forwarth to school. There was a side street I noticed named Blaine Lane (ugg, it rhymes!), a furniture store named Cort's ... (probably just 'Furniture' haha). But I think the coolest one, that took me by suprise was the "weigh station" in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. It's a weigh-in thing for semi's I believe, but it's set so far back from the road and overgrown that it looks like an abandoned shack. It's really creepy to drive past at night. I have seen the last name Delgado all over the place in whitewater(granted, it's probably just a popular name in the area, but still).

But the biggest one that makes me feel marked, like Ka-Shume up there ^^

Katherine Diane Majko

Though I do feel a trifle unspecial now that I am no longer 19....(turned 20 yesterday, big sigh).

Okay, that's all for now!!

I dont have any coincidents with u, but i also live in southern WI. Just weird seeing someone type whitewater

alinda
02-21-2009, 02:53 AM
from my horoscope today........Your LUCKY Number: 19 :rock:

Nightfall
02-21-2009, 08:37 AM
I just noticed a day or two ago that 3/4 of the saved messages on my Myspace's dates add up to nineteen, and the fourth was sent on April 19th :panic:

EDIT: I just now found this one, putting it in a spoiler tag in case the image is really big.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/Nightfall528/BigCoffinHunters-1.jpg

Worship my epic Paint skills :P

ladykatherine
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
That's it, we're going to that concert just because of that name, hehehe.

I was asked out by the most amazing guy on the face of the UNIVERSE last Thursday (...the 19th). Let's hope it's not a bad omen.
:huglove:

Bumbler19
02-26-2009, 01:31 AM
oh my god... as i stated before, i work at a used game place, so we are required to take info from people that sell us stuff....

This guy literally lived on a road called Path of the Bear

Apparently it is on the Oneida Indian Res. just outside of the town I live in... i'ma go and get a picture!!!!1

check it out on googlemaps http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=path+of+the+bear+wisconsin&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.222969,114.257812&ie=UTF8&ll=44.496938,-88.205554&spn=0.002843,0.006974&t=h&z=18

Oh my god!!!!! there is also this highschool that shaped like a giant turtle on the reseveration... and... it is only 1 block away from path of the bear!!!!!!!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=path+of+the+bear+wisconsin&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.222969,114.257812&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=44.496582,-88.203156&spn=0.002843,0.006974&z=18

Also a road in a place called Depere near where I live... A street called Turtle Lane intersects with a street called Bear Ct. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=way+of+the+turtle&sll=44.495954,-88.228573&sspn=0.005686,0.013947&ie=UTF8&ll=44.432018,-88.241678&spn=0.002846,0.006974&t=h&z=18

as i said before Blackberry Curve Commercial, kid's name is callahan, but heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry2rYe7pxwo&eurl=http://illegalyouth.blogspot.com/2009/01/blackberry-tool-of-choice-for-big.html

I need to go get some real pics....

ladykatherine
02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Oh my god! that's just too creepy!!

I wonder how long it takes to get there from whitewater...hmmm...
:orely:

I forgot to mention...I saw a little line of turtles drawn in chalk tonight leading down to the University Center. Granted, it was for Delta Zeta sorority whose animal symbol is the turtle, but still...:panic:

Jean
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
This guy literally lived on a road called Path of the Bear

::interested bear::

gromit
02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a job where random people email me. Yesterday I got emails from email adresses starting in gunslinger@xxx, and roland_d@xxx.

And after checking my computer, I took 19 calls yesterday :scared:

Unrelated, i once answered the phone at work and the guy on the other end said "Hello, my name is Robert Gray." I nearly filled my pants, as Roland would say.

Bumbler19
02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
pst... Ladykatherine

It takes 3 hours and 1 minute to get from Whitewater to Green Bay... (bear/turtle school dealio) is in the surrounding area

I go to whitewater all the time to visit my GF who goes to UW whitewater... now I wonder if i've ever seen you XD Probably not, but hey... this is a coincidence thread... ya never know!

Nightfall
02-28-2009, 07:38 AM
I swear.. literally every time I look at a clock, its X:19 or the time adds up to 19

For example, just now, I look at the clock and its 9:37 7+3+9 = 19 ><

Letti
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
I swear.. literally every time I look at a clock, its X:19 or the time adds up to 19

You have a great inside clock. ;)

MetGrl57
03-06-2009, 11:50 PM
wow I'm kinda jealous of you guys. I really can't recall having any such interesting coincidences :(

mystima
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
was reading the last few pages of Deathly Hallows last night and i noticed that the epilog was called 19 Years Later.

Jean
03-07-2009, 03:06 AM
I understand that it's a tribute, not a coincidence?

MetGrl57
03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Really? JK Rowling made a little tribute to DT? huh, thats cool

SigTauGimp
03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
:scared: I did not know that...very neat.

Forspecial
03-08-2009, 12:54 PM
My best friend's full name is exactly nineteen letters long. Since discovering this, I've forced him into reading. He's on the third shuffle in DotT right now.

So far this year, all of my debate codes have had something to do with nineteen. For districts our school was the 19 school. In storytelling, my codes have been 38H, 19S and 99S. It's been a very freaky year.

Nightfall
03-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Haha, thanks Letti :P

Also, I was looking at the drafts on my Myspace, a few of the dates add up to nineteen

Letti
03-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Haha, thanks Letti :P

no problem :couple:

Chap
03-20-2009, 05:08 PM
There's a guest at work who's one letter away from having the name Dandelo :ninja:
also, I recently found out that I make $19 an hour :P

Letti
03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
There's a guest at work who's one letter away from having the name Dandelo :ninja:

Do you work for the man in black? ;)

alinda
03-25-2009, 11:21 AM
:wtf:

Chap
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM

Do you work for the man in black? ;)

Oh no, it is he who works for me :ninja:

Jean
03-27-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_grin.gif

Ka-Shume
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
The entire time reading Insomnia (having just finished it today) there were a ridiculous amount of 19s. To name a few:

I was watching a show with my friend and the house in the show was number 1919.

I had just got done playing some guitar and singing and went upstairs to get a drink of water, as I finished the last gulp I realized something I never had before, all the cups in the set were printed with a little number on the bottom, I suppose in the order they were made? In any case, my cup was number 19.

Today I woke up at (no shit) 9:19.

As I made myself a biscuit my Mom was watching a show and something on it was voiced at 19 feet tall.

Cort
04-07-2009, 02:16 AM
I have been reading Black House now for a few weeks and ,having nearly finished i asked my Da what he thought of it. When i asked him he becane a bit confused and asked me to explain what book it was.I showed him and he said he had never seen it before or heard of it. The strange thing is i found it on his bookcase and we are the only people who read much in our house. I have asked my whole family and no-one knows where it came from...wierd.

Mai
04-07-2009, 04:36 AM
I was at church and noticed that the date added up to be 19. I also ordered a pizza once and the delivery boys name was Cort. I have friends who have had lots of DT experiences that are really cool.

///Ficarra
04-07-2009, 06:28 AM
About the time I was introduced to Mia, my brother got two dogs. One of them he named Mia. He has never read the books.

Darkthoughts
04-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Went to my friend's house today to walk his dog while he's away. Looked at the microwave when I went in the kitchen and it had been left like this:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/19.jpg

Lily-sai
05-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Ack, Darkers, that's creepy! :lol:

My sister-sai's birthday is on 9.9. We've always laughed about it, but now I see it in a bit different way.

Not really DT-related, but 23 is the number of my life, I've always bumped into it. You all can guess what a jolt of shock I received when we found our room in hotel in Wales, and there it stood in the door: 23. And our room had wallpaper full of tiny roses. Very beautiful, and we slept really well, surrounded by those gorgeous roses. :)

Nanidesuka
05-07-2009, 04:55 PM
So i was watching the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on disney xd or something, and there was this commercial for this power fishing rod for kids.

The product was endorsed by Roland Martin, advertised as a 19-time bass fishing champion.

=)
:rose:

Kidd Ikarus
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
The last 4 scratch off lottery tickets I bought, '19' was the big money winner ($50,000, $30,000 . . . ) I just wish 19 was one of my winning numbers.

Lily-sai
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
You know, I'm obsessed with hidden object games. Today I was playing this one, Cate West and the Velvet key. Imagine my shock when I realised the developers of this game must have been true DT fans. I kept finding 19's, 9's and roses all over the game scenes. On top of that, this one:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x231/liisasy/eld.jpg

Don't those two little symbols beside the clock numbers look just like.. Eld's sigul? Please, tell me I'm not reading too much into it. :panic: :P

turtlex
05-11-2009, 10:06 AM
That's the Eld sigul, I am wearing a ring with it right now.

Letti
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
That's the Eld sigul. No question. :)
(Pam, that ring is so beautiful. It's the essence of beauty.)

Lily-sai
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Ah, so I wasn't over-imagining. Thanks for the comfort. ;)
Incredible. A game full of siguls from DT.

Chap
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I boarded a plane from gate 19 last week ;)

turtlex
05-12-2009, 03:33 AM
And arrived safely, I've noticed!

Letti
05-14-2009, 01:12 PM

But just because of the 19. ;)

Chap
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM

Or did I? :ninja:

Chap
06-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Found this in the local store a while back:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/prawus/alain.jpg

and then... This showed up on the desk at work. No one knows where it came from, and no one has admitted to drawing it:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/prawus/rose.jpg

panther90
06-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Has anybody read the Richard Adams book. Recommend it?

Jean
06-14-2009, 11:11 PM
and then... This showed up on the desk at work. No one knows where it came from, and no one has admitted to drawing it:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/prawus/rose.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_thumb.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_shocked.gif

panther90: please look around, there's a lot of sections, forums and subforums here, you will find the right place to post about Richard Adams, and Shardik in particular! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

Jean
07-16-2009, 04:08 AM
So, bears decided to grow flowers on the balcony.

They went to the nearest Garden Center and grabbed the first plastic packs which read "Begonias". Not having the slightest idea what it all would be like, they got two packs, without counting anything, because anyway they couldn't know.

Then I bought big plastic crates, a big yellow watering can, and ground said to be "for begonias", and started planting.

Soon I found out that I bought 20 little ones - ten in each pack. It was more than I expected, and they took a lot more room than I thought they would, so I went and bought two more crates and ground.

In the middle of planting, I realized that one of the plants was missing. I repeat, I had grabbed them without looking because looking would have been no use anyway... I didn't know I was buying 20... less than that did I know that actually I was buying 19.

You can count them: two, two, five, five, five.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/598/medium/2009_July01to16_044.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/598/medium/2009_July01to16_045.jpg

cody44
07-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Seeing as I just finished Wolves of the Calla I've noticed a few things around town.

We have a retirement home near me called Callahan Village. We also have a mountain range about 15 minutes away called what else but the Callahan's. I went on a walk a few nights ago with my friend, and their is a Randall Court, Chambers Ave, Rose Street downtown, and a Ne Flagg Street.

I have also been seeing 19 around everywhere. The sign at Taco Bell yesterday read, "Happy 19th Birthday Roland." I laughed when I noticed that. :scared:

Letti
07-25-2009, 09:54 PM
I have also been seeing 19 around everywhere. The sign at Taco Bell yesterday read, "Happy 19th Birthday Roland." I laughed when I noticed that. :scared:

Nice catch.

TheRedKing
07-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Hi all,
Well I started reading TDT in 2002 and was pretty gutted it finished at WaG (I actually had no idea there were ever meant to be 7, the last one had been written 7 years before, I figured this must be it) I was 17.
Then, in 2003 I saw Wolves on the shelf in a supermarket. I had stopped reading much at this point but was well aware this was the next DT book. But I left it on my shelf at home to gather dust. It wasn't the last book, I wasn't into reading as much at that time so I just ignored it.
A year later I still hadn't read it. Then I was wondering around town and spotted The Dark Tower in a shop. But it was the last book? What about book 6? I bought it there and then anyway and scoured every shop for Song of Susannah which had somehow escaped my notice a little while before. I found it and looked forward to starting the beginning of the end when I got home.
I began reading Wolves and was instantly drawn back into the world of Roland and co like I'd never left.
Of course 19 isn't even mentioned in the first 4 books (unless you read the revised Gunslinger). But I liked it's inclusion in the latter three. It only occured to me later that I finished the series when I was 19, that I'd bought and yet not started reading Wolves until I was 19.
Only a small thing I know but I think it's pretty cool, like fate (ka?) meant me to read them only when the time was right :)

ladykatherine
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM
I guess I'll post in here since I consider this a DT related coincidence. A few days ago, I arrived back at the scene of the crime: my uncle's home in Indiana. This is where I began reading The Gunslinger last summer, because it fell (practically by itself, ha) off a shelf in a room I was sitting in. At the beginning of June, I finished Song of Susannah, and told myself I would wait til another break to start the final book. I'm not really sure why, but I like to keep the suspense and make myself wait like you'd have to if the book wasn't published yet. Annnnyways, I was watching tv with the cousins last night when my youngest cousin came up to us holding one of my aunts/uncles books. Can you guess which one it was? :rose:

I'm still holding off. Hopefully there will be no other coincidences, or else I'll be freaked, haha. Thanks for readin', that was fairly long I'd say...

Brice
07-27-2009, 05:17 AM
So you still haven't read the final book???

petmonster2004
07-28-2009, 01:00 AM
A few miles south of where i live is subdivision called the Rooker the main street that runs threw it is called Crimson King Parkway... i was thinking thats kinda cool. A Rolands world our wolrd connection. Maybe it was named by a Tower Junkie?http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/petmonster2004/wow.jpg

Tvmorbid
07-28-2009, 02:48 AM
That is exeptionally cool :) Could you possibly get a closer picture? :D

Brice
07-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Or maybe go out in the middle of the night with a wrench and mail the sign to me? :innocent:

mia/susannah
07-28-2009, 05:01 AM
That is very cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Melike
07-28-2009, 07:54 AM
That is cool!

Or maybe go out in the middle of the night with a wrench and mail the sign to me? :innocent:

*note to myself: never forget to take a wrench with you for a possible discovery that Bricey would like and search for an envelope big enough to mail a road sign.*

ola
07-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow!! I definitely need a larger photo too! (Pretty please?) :/

Brice
07-28-2009, 01:59 PM
That is cool!

*note to myself: never forget to take a wrench with you for a possible discovery that Bricey would like and search for an envelope big enough to mail a road sign.*

:lol:

:wub:

gsvec
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
FYI, you'll need an allen wrench to remove most street signs. Not that I've done it before or anything. Just sayin' . . .

AIMB
07-28-2009, 08:07 PM
you should put a bounty on it and get someone else to do it.

that's what i did when i wanted a street sign that had my baby's name on it.

and then send it to me.

really cool. usually neighborhoods have a theme. what are the surrounding street names?

Brice
07-29-2009, 04:04 AM
Discordia Lane, Can Ka No Rey Drive, Dis Place,...

ladykatherine
08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Nope...sorry Brice :cry:
I read super slow, and sort of have ten million things that somehow end up infront of reading. I have to rearrange my priorities, huh? :couple:

Brice
08-08-2009, 04:34 PM
for TDT, yes you should. But you get to savor it. :D

Nedmonds
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
.......is 23? I watched the film the number 23 last night and just like the number 19 in the tower + other king books it pops up everywhere. I was a little skeptical when i watched the film so i had a wee looky on the internet and this is what i found :P.

Thought and opinions please

April 19th As in 4-19... 4 + 19 = 23. April 19 is the date the Battle of Lexington, Waco, and the Oklahoma City Bombing... (4+19=23).You connect the dots.

Asteroid researchers measuring the rotation periods of asteroids reported that none were found with periods of less than 2.3 hours. A rotation period of less than 2.3 hours would cause them to be torn apart. I dunno,physics

Astronomy The axis of the planet Earth is 23.5 degrees.As it is above, so below

Bible: Revelations There is no known 23rd Chapter to Revelations.

December 23, 2012 The date the Mayans believed the world will end. Hence why they werereally obsessed with time and it's observance.

January 23 Adolf Hitler organized the National Socialist Congress on January 23. On November 23 he tried to seize power.

Mathematics: Primes 23 is the first prime number in which both digits are prime numbers and add up to another prime number

Blood takes 23 seconds to circulate the body.

We recieve 46 cromazones (spelling) from both parents. 23 from each one...

Twin towers were hit on 9/11/2001 9+11+2+1 = 23

This is just a small percentage of events and facts out there referring to the number 23.

The number 2 is described by mathematicians as balance, black and white, good and evil etc etc. The number 3 i think is taking that balance away. if i remember correctly and the root number of that is 5 :).

flaggwalkstheline
08-16-2009, 10:42 AM
actually 23 and 19 are both numbers of power according to numerous occult schools of thought, prime numbers

23 is one of THE numbers in lost

Letti
08-16-2009, 12:10 PM
For my part I think 19 is simply 19. But that's me.

osseolax28
08-16-2009, 01:05 PM
the mayan calender ends on december 21, 2012 not december 23. the 21st of december is the winter soltice not the 23rd. the callender also ends on its 13th revolotion (black thirteen) wich is when our solar system crosses the "dark rift",wich means we pass through the galatic equator of our galaxy. on that winter soltice.

i dont believe in the 23 thing. the number 19 i do tho.
when i was reading through the series i came to notice that by school text books were numbered 19.
when i went went to mexico just after finishing the series, my seat number was 19A and my flight munber added to 19.
my room at the resort added to 19. when we went swimming at a cenote, we rented a locker for our stuff and that locker number was, oh ya 19. Even at Chitzenitza, the big pyramid had 91 steps numberd on them, obviously 19 backwords.

i still 19 all the time but i'm sure everyone who read the series did and still does.
it's just that subconciously your always looking for that number so you find it.

ola
08-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Yes, there's definitely more than one "number of power" as flagg puts it. There are many different recurring numbers in the world, whether they're based on science (like the Golden Ratio in nature) or the occult/supernatural.

Reviarc
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I was born February 21st (2+1) and on my 23rd birthday I went to jail for the first time! Seriously though, anybody that obsessed with a number can almost find it anywhere. Ooo, it's 10:49pm right now. 10+4+9=23 *Falls over dead*

flaggwalkstheline
08-16-2009, 07:38 PM
right now its 9:37 at night 9+3+7= 19

:panic:

ola
08-16-2009, 07:41 PM
anybody that obsessed with a number can almost find it anywhere

I also tend to be skeptical about the supernatural stuff having provable meaning.

I mean...there are numbers and ratios with significance because they model recurring patterns or rules in the real world, but you can put meaning into any arbitrary number if you try hard enough. The arbitrary, numerology-type meaning seems to be all based man-made things too (as opposed to observable natural patterns, that apply to creatures besides humans).

Letti
08-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Seriously though, anybody that obsessed with a number can almost find it anywhere.

That's what I wanted to write. :) Yeah, maybe some certain numbers are following us but it's possible or maybe more possible that we are following them.

Reviarc
08-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Seriously though, anybody that obsessed with a number can almost find it anywhere.

That's what I wanted to write. :) Yeah, maybe some certain numbers are following us but it's possible or maybe more possible that we are following them.

I'd second your second theory.

jteller
08-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't see the 19 thing too often... but it's been some years since I've read and it gets dull...

cody44
08-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I just finished the entire series for the first time today, and it just happens to be the 19th. lol. :wtf:

osseolax28
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Everywhere i've worked (which is only three jobs, im only 18 ) there has been at least one person who has started the Tower series. I just moved and got a job at a hospital as an Anest. Tech and a co-worker of mine was saying that her BF just bought a bunch of SK novels. And so i asked if any of said novels were called The Dark Tower, and she replied yes and that her BG had just started the gunsliger.

I found the Tower my junior year when my teacher saw me reading IT and said he was a big King fan too. He recomended The Tower and i finsged the series in six months and am still obssesed.

anyone else have random "Tower connections" in there life like this?

Ruthful
09-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Three jobs is pretty good for a ten year-old. Unless you're West Indian, of course.

osseolax28
09-06-2009, 08:16 AM
no thats suposed to be 18. idk how in the world that smily got in there

**edit***
just fixd it, the 8 and ) make a code for a smily i guess

8)
8)
8)

dcm510
09-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I haven't really had any 19 experiences, but I may have found something interesting today.

I was browsing a few random websites, and while watching a video on Adam Lambert's official website, I had glanced to the address bar and noticed something interesting...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e31/dcm510/Screenshot2009-09-06at125220PM.png

Now a lot of websites have a little symbol at the beginning of the URL, but I just can't figure out why Adam Lambert chose to put 19 there. Possibly a dark tower fan?

Ret
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
The 19 Phenomena has been occuring to me for years...well...except for the fact it is 17 rather than 19.

My first house had the address 1717. My current house has the address 289, which is 17^2.

I have 17 cousins, graduated when I was 17, have had 17 stitches in my leg, and almost daily, have had the cash register ring up "$17.xx"

Letti
09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Everywhere i've worked (which is only three jobs, im only 18 ) there has been at least one person who has started the Tower series. I just moved and got a job at a hospital as an Anest. Tech and a co-worker of mine was saying that her BF just bought a bunch of SK novels. And so i asked if any of said novels were called The Dark Tower, and she replied yes and that her BG had just started the gunsliger.

I found the Tower my junior year when my teacher saw me reading IT and said he was a big King fan too. He recomended The Tower and i finsged the series in six months and am still obssesed.

anyone else have random "Tower connections" in there life like this?
osseolax28, welcome to the site
We have a very similar thread so I will need to merge. Cry your pardon. But it will be useful for you, too because you will be able to read many interesting stories.

lowdown
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1745/dscn1204d.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/dscn1204d.jpg/)http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/dscn1204d.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img9/dscn1204d.jpg/1/)

my tattoo i got repping my area code wiierd:panic:

Letti
09-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Really nice. It must have hurt.

Melike
09-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Yesterday I had an exam.
Class number: 19
Desk number: 19

Bev Vincent
09-14-2009, 03:25 AM
There's a fairly prominent 19 in The Cannibals excerpt.

MonteGss
09-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Now a lot of websites have a little symbol at the beginning of the URL, but I just can't figure out why Adam Lambert chose to put 19 there. Possibly a dark tower fan?

I remember a discussion about this before and it has to do with American Idol, not him personally. Oddly enough, there is also a CK (or is it CKx) that appears in the production credits at the end of the show. I assumed that both were some sort of production company name...?

mystima
09-27-2009, 08:25 AM
look at #5 by ford...i think its kinda cool

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/107758/cars-you-cant-drive-in-the-us.html?mod=family-autos

Letti
09-27-2009, 10:43 AM
look at #5 by ford...i think its kinda cool

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/107758/cars-you-cant-drive-in-the-us.html?mod=family-autos

Somehow I can't imagine Roland behind the wheel. ;)

turtlex
10-02-2009, 06:13 AM
So, my girlfriend and I are on vacation, we're in Tennessee... and frankly, we're National Park Geeks and we travel around to all the NPS visitor centers and get National Park Stamps. Well, we set out on a little adventure yesterday, about 2 hours of driving down to Kentucky to get a stamp at the Big Forks River and Recreation Area in Stearns, KY. As we are road-tripping, we are listening to the Dark Tower on audio CD. We're on the final disc of Drawing of the Three. So, after driving all over the place and two hours later - we get to the Visitors Center only to find it CLOSED!!! ( it was supposed to be open until 5:30pm but for some reason, it was closed at 4:30pm ) We were very disappointed, but my girlfriend turned around and just smiled and pointed to the building next to the Visitors Center ...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/605/medium/DSC02898.JPG

The Tower always makes itself known...even in tiny Stearns, Kentucky.