PDA

View Full Version : Help us, help you.

PedroPáramo
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
This will be a place to help and be helped, not just with block writer's problem, with structure and critic too. It's a "taller" as we call it down here.
It's a place where you critic other's works, and I mean critic about structure and technique, here a "I like it" or a "I don't like it" doesn't works, 'cause we are not critics here. We are writters, not critics. Critics only say opinions, and opinions about what we like and we don't like doesn't matter here, neither opinions about "I don't like it 'cause I don't believe on that". We are gonna be impartials and analitics. We are gonna talk about literature on a serious way. The point of this "taller" it's to learn theory of literature, 'cause if someone knows that, write what someone wants it's easier, even if he uses a muse of if he writes at night or with music. That doesn't care.
We are gonna read our works and comment of them. Ask advice and help. We could do little exercises of which I know a lot, or I can ask.
Who wanna come in? Just write something, as you want, and come here for help! Or ask things! And everybody can help!

I hope I were clear.:)

Who likes the idea?

Jon
08-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Good to see you.

But I prefer to critique within the thread.

Jean
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I like this thread, I was thinking of starting something like that, too. There are some general ideas that might be shared; also comparative analysis of the work by different authors.

PedroPáramo
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Well I hope someone else share that feeling Jean.

Ok Jon, don't worry xD

I'll try to traslate the first chapter of the novel I'm writting.

Jon
08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll be waiting.

LadyHitchhiker
08-17-2008, 07:11 AM
I like this thread idea... but the title is funny because I think of Dr. Cox from Scrubs when I read it...

cozener
08-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Bullshit. You just like saying "Cox".

gsvec
08-19-2008, 05:41 PM
:lol: