PDA

View Full Version : Ska Music o_O?

Depren
08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Yea I'm a die hard ska fan and a rude boy, was wondering if anyone out there likes today's ska music. There could possibly be a thread out there about it but I'm not sure. Just a thread for anyone who does like this genre of music, any wave is preferred, from back in its origins to two tone, and third wave.

Just to get some discussion(if there any ska fans out there) I have seen Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Against All Authority, Public Access, and Bomb the Music Industry. I've had the pleasure of meeting all members of Streetlight,(Tom K. is awesome) and have to talked to Chris, Roger, and trombonest (can't remember name >.>) from LTJ.

Hard to find anymore Rude Boys or Gals out there so anyone who wants to discuss the best music on earth (yep) don't hesitate to post!

Míchéal
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I just know the old stuff, dont listen to much new stuff.

PedroPáramo
08-11-2008, 08:19 PM
I love Ska, but, spanish ska like Ska-p, Los fabulosos cadillacs and Panteon Rococó
I have only heard real big fish's cover of hotel california, of the groups you say.
This is one of the best spanish ska songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJSzrKb-7s4

fernandito
08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
We have a spanish ska band down here called Viernes 13, the singer is a friend of a friend so I've gotten to meet all of them.

Darkthoughts
08-12-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm old skool ska and 2 Tone - Madness, The Selecter, International Beat, The Specials...haven't heard any of the new wave of bands :)

jayson
08-12-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm old skool ska and 2 Tone - Madness, The Selecter, International Beat, The Specials...haven't heard any of the new wave of bands :)

The Specials are a little more my style and are definitely more old school than some of the other bands mentioned earlier like the Bosstones and such. Of course, even bands like The Specials represent the second wave of ska. The style originated in the 50's and 60's in Jamaica with bands like The Skatalites (who will always be among my favorite bands) and many of the other Studio One bands.

Darkthoughts
08-12-2008, 05:47 AM
I know...thats why I said 2 Tone ;) :thumbsup:

jayson
08-12-2008, 06:07 AM
I know...thats why I said 2 Tone ;) :thumbsup:

I know you know. You are very knowledgeable about music even if you do like Bad Company :P

Darkthoughts
08-12-2008, 10:49 AM
:lol: ...that genuinely made me laugh so much I can't think of a comeback!

jayson
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Then my work is done here. :)