PDA

View Full Version : Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Centipede
08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Hello everyone. This is Jerad Walters of Centipede Press. I am working on a follow-up volume to our acclaimed Artists Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft. This new art book is tentatively called Artists Inspired by Stephen King. The projected publication date for this book is October 2009. We are very excited about this book, and we already have a number of artists on board.

My question to all of you is this: we need feedback. If you can, please take the time to tell us what you’d most want to see in a book of this sort (approximately 11 x 14 inches). Do you want interviews with the artists? Would you like to see the complete color and black & white works of every artist involved with any Stephen King book?

How much background information would you care to read about art directors, the history of limited editions, and stories from the publishers? Would you care to see preliminary sketches of some of the color works that have appeared in the limited editions, or just the finished works? How many art works would you care to see from limited editions and trade editions that have been published internationally?

Do you have any interest in film stills, or interviews with directors of Stephen King movies? What about movie posters? Regarding the edition, what would you feel is a fair print run for a trade edition? A signed edition? What features would you want to see in a deluxe edition?

We already have a load of work done for this, including the complete Stephen King artworks of Don Brautigam (paperback editions of The Stand, Night Shift, others), and the original hardcover art from the first editions of Salem’s Lot, The Shining, Pet Sematary; the limited editions of Christine, The Regulators, and several others, and a lot more.

In addition to advice, we could use help in locating artists (and credit for art) that has thus far eluded us. Please, we want to make this book not only a great book of art, but also an item that is so breathtaking, so complete, and so amazing that anyone who looks at is just going to be floored. Any advice would be welcome.

Please email us at jerad@centipedepress.com if you need additional information, as well as your suggestions regarding what you would like to see in a signed edition and a deluxe edition. This book is for all King fans, as well as art fans, and we want to make it a very desirable and complete edition. Thank you all for your time!

Best,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
jerad@centipedepress.com

Randall Flagg
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Welcome Jerad. Very nice to see you here. Carlosdetweiler (Bob) has mentioned your undertaking and we are all very excited about the project.
I'm sure feedback will be forthcoming-whether via this thread or in e-mails, to you.

carlosdetweiller
08-05-2008, 12:44 AM
I think that some information about the artists would be nice. A short biography and perhaps some information regarding what he/she was trying to accomplish with the artwork...mood, etc. There are often more details and subtleties to the illustrations that the non-artists among us (i.e. me!) fail to notice or appreciate.

Having said that, I think such information should be brief. One of the things I found annoying about the otherwise wonderful THE ART OF MICHAEL WHELAN were the lengthy (10 to 12 page) interviews with Michael. Maybe it is just me but I don't want that much information.

Also, which artists are you still trying to contact?

e_taylor
08-05-2008, 01:12 AM
I think the movie posters and movie stills could easily make another volume themselves! But I don't think I'd like them mixed in with paintings.

Nerak
08-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Welcome Jerad.

It's Karen from Grant.

Hope you got what you wanted from Robert. Let me know if you need me to bug him about anything else. :lol:

Also, I agree with Bob. I would like a brief blurb on or with the artists, but I would mainly be looking for the art.

Karen

carlosdetweiller
08-05-2008, 01:24 AM
I think the movie posters and movie stills could easily make another volume themselves! But I don't think I'd like them mixed in with paintings.

Yes, I agree and I meant to voice my opinion on that in my earlier post but forgot. IMO, movie stuff should not be included.

Cutter
08-05-2008, 01:40 AM
This is great news Jerad, this is something a lot of King Collectors would love, including myself.

I would like to hear a blurb about each artist (maybe not all) and what they were thinking when they did the artwork. Not only would I like to see the artwork I would be interested in the history of the artwork as well.

I seem to disagree with others in this, but I would like film artwork to be included, but not film stills. I think movie posters can be artwork in itself, and that is why I think they could be included. Also I think other artwork should be included, such as anthologies, magazines, books about King, etcetera that contained artwork relating to King. I don’t think I would be happy just seeing reprints of The Dark Tower artwork or other common illustrations. There’s been hundreds of artists who’ve done King related artwork, why restrict them to the novels and limited editions?

Also I would be interested in sketches of first drafts of some of the artwork to see the evolution of the piece.

gsvec
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Yes, I agree and I meant to voice my opinion on that in my earlier post but forgot. IMO, movie stuff should not be included.

I guess what I'm stuggling with is the interpretation of "Artists Inspired by Stephen King". The literal interpretation would be to include movie posters, film stills, etc., since the films wouldn't have been made without him, but I personally would like them excluded. I do agree, though, that a short "blurb" about each of the artists would be crucial to the book but not pages and page of data and interviews. I envision this more as a volume of artwork than a book to sit and read.

One thing I'd also like to see is some of the artwork that was submitted for SK books but NOT used - maybe with text describing the reasons another piece chosen instead.

Cutter
08-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I envision this more as a volume of artwork than a book to sit and read.
This is what it will be, an artwork book. The first book to do this by Centipede Press was Artists inspired by H. P. Lovecraft.

Centipede
08-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone,

Thank you for your comments on the Artists Inspired by Stephen King book. Would anyone know where to find Christopher Zavisa, from the old Land of Enchantment? I found a phone number in Michigan via the white pages, but am not sure if it is the same one.

Also, there is (was?) an artist named Jim Phiesen who did the covers for the cheesy Doubleday reissues of Carrie, SL, Shining, and Night Shift back in the early 1990s. Doubleday has absolutely no records at all, and I am wondering if anyone among you might know something. The jackets of these reissues were pretty bad, but the artwork itself was interesting and would be worth reprinting, especially at large size.

Thank you all.

Jerad

Sir_Boomme
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
so are you going to include magazine art too?

herbertwest
08-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey everyone,

Thank you for your comments on the Artists Inspired by Stephen King book. Would anyone know where to find Christopher Zavisa, from the old Land of Enchantment? I found a phone number in Michigan via the white pages, but am not sure if it is the same one.

Also, there is (was?) an artist named Jim Phiesen who did the covers for the cheesy Doubleday reissues of Carrie, SL, Shining, and Night Shift back in the early 1990s. Doubleday has absolutely no records at all, and I am wondering if anyone among you might know something. The jackets of these reissues were pretty bad, but the artwork itself was interesting and would be worth reprinting, especially at large size.

Thank you all.

Jerad

Artwork, does it means illustrations or artwork of the covers?

Rjeso
08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Beautiful work!

Clacke
03-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Latest information from Jerad at Centipede Press concerning the Stephen King Artbook:

Artists Inspired By Stephen King
Knowing Darkness
Introduction By Frank Darabont

Oh boy. Although the total quantity of books and the price
points have not yet been set, we are inching ever closer with
this title. Here are some details, however:

The book features nearly 500 pages of artwork and text. The text is written
by George Beahm, the introduction by Frank Darabont. The book features
new artwork by Michael Whelan, Les Edwards, Don Maitz, Stephen Gervais, Alex McVey,
Jason Eckhardt, John Picacio, Douglas Smith, David Ho, and many others.
These works have been created for this book and will not be seen anywhere else.

The book will be available in three states: an unsigned edition with dustjacket
in a PVC slipcase; a signed edition in a cloth slipcase; and a deluxe edition,
with a book of oversize prints, in a traycase. The deluxe edition is signed by
over 30 of the artists.

As you know, the book features nearly all of the limited edition and trade
artwork of the last 35 years, including works by Bernie Wrightson, Dave
McKean, Darrel Anderson, Rick Berry, Ned Dameron, R.J. Krupowicz, Rowena
Morrill, not to mention all the people listed above.
We expect this title to be available for pre-order at the end of March. The
publication date is October 2009.

LadyHitchhiker
03-02-2009, 05:49 AM
I wonder if they get money for those pictures because I would LOOOOOOOVE to be able to earn money by making my animalslingers...

Ben Mears
03-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Knowing the quality of Centipede's books this will be a killer volume.

Chooch
03-02-2009, 08:15 AM
WOW I am already chomping at the bit for this :rock:

and for darekkocurek " Witamy" polish for "Welcome"

Ari_Racing
03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm so affraid that the price will be too high for my pocket...

Ben Mears
03-02-2009, 09:30 AM

Ari,

My guess is around $195 for the trade edition, around $300 for the semi-limited and around $1,000 for the deluxe. I believe the interior content of all 3 books will be the same; probably just a higher grade of paper, packaging, and signatures will separate the volumes.

carlosdetweiller
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Knowing the quality of Centipede's books this will be a killer volume.

I think so too. I think it is great that the artists involved have really gotten behind this project and are creating new works just for this book. The Lovecraft art book is fabulous but this King art book is going to blow it away.

Ari_Racing
03-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks Ben for the info. :)

I'll try to get the cheapest one

herbertwest
03-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Me too : moving to Paris in september and still being a student, i'll have to do not disperse much... although i'd LOVE that book...

Cutter
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Ari,

My guess is around $195 for the trade edition, around $300 for the semi-limited and around $1,000 for the deluxe. I believe the interior content of all 3 books will be the same; probably just a higher grade of paper, packaging, and signatures will separate the volumes.
The Artists Inspired by Lovecraft book was $225, $395, and $2495. Ouch!

I bought the $395 edition of the Lovecraft book, and will probably do the same for the King book if it is in the same price range. It was worth the price.

carlosdetweiller
03-02-2009, 03:19 PM

Ari,

I bought the $395 edition of the Lovecraft book, and will probably do the same for the King book if it is in the same price range. It was worth the price.

Although the details are still in the planning stage it looks like there will be a trade edition that will be under $200. I spoke to Jerad on the phone for quite a while today. He is still deciding on numbers and pricing.

Patrick
03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks for all the information, guys.

Bob, that less expensive trade edition might be a smart move given current economic conditions.

herbertwest
03-03-2009, 04:17 AM

Corresponding to : "normal edition", numbered, then lettered?
why SUCH a difference in price between the "numbered" and lettered?
Complete different design, paper and stuff? Any additional thing?

Ari_Racing
03-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Size.

Ari_Racing
03-03-2009, 04:27 AM
I don't own the Lovecraft's one, but I did saw it and hold it at the Whelans when I was in USA. Astonishing book!

e_taylor
03-03-2009, 06:36 AM

Massive, leatherbound, signed by some of the artists, hologram cover I belive. It would be like comparing a book club edition of the Stand to the S/L!

Bob - do you have yours yet?

carlosdetweiller
03-03-2009, 09:17 AM

Massive, leatherbound, signed by some of the artists, hologram cover I belive. It would be like comparing a book club edition of the Stand to the S/L!

Bob - do you have yours yet?

Yes, I got it last December.

Ari_Racing
03-03-2009, 09:54 AM
No chance of pics, right? :)

(I had to ask :P)

e_taylor
03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
No chance of pics, right? :)

(I had to ask :P)

haha yah, thats kind what I was getting at! :innocent:

Love Jerad's books at with that price tag I'd have to imagine its damned nice.

PlayPhish
03-03-2009, 03:26 PM
A blank page or two for collecting signatures/sketchy-doodles would be nice. The Lovecraft has none and when Michael asked me if I would like him to sign the book I said sure, good luck finding someplace. He did find a place, along with some extra space to do a 3/4 page remarque...although there was already artwork printed on the page but it was some of the only available free space he could find.

Fsmdr
03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
A blank page or two for collecting signatures/sketchy-doodles would be nice. The Lovecraft has none and when Michael asked me if I would like him to sign the book I said sure, good luck finding someplace. He did find a place, along with some extra space to do a 3/4 page remarque...although there was already artwork printed on the page but it was some of the only available free space he could find.

Any chance you might consider posting a picture of the remarque?. We would dearly love to see.

bast_imret
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I can't wait for this book to come out. It's going to be pretty amazing. Especially the new original artwork being done especailly for the book.

herbertwest
03-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Size.

What are the size of the different editions?

thanks for all the answers everyone

lophophoras
03-04-2009, 05:02 AM
This does sound very interesting. I will wait to hear about the final editions and confirmed prices.

Will SK be involved with it at all? Maybe a foreword and possibly a signature?

Ben Mears
03-04-2009, 07:05 AM
This does sound very interesting. I will wait to hear about the final editions and confirmed prices.

Will SK be involved with it at all? Maybe a foreword and possibly a signature?

No foreward at this time. That could change prior to publication.

PlayPhish
03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Here is an image of Michael's remarque that Fsmdr requested I post. (With apologies for the size)

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/playphish/LovecraftRemarque.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the bindings of the various editions of this book? I always feel that every time I open this book (and hear that horrible cracking sound) that pages are going to begin falling out; the book is just a monstrous tome!

Matt
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Stupid work blocking images. :pullhair:

Can't wait to see that at home.

lophophoras
03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
It's awesome!

:drool:

e_taylor
03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Stupid work blocking images. :pullhair:

Can't wait to see that at home.

Its pretty freakin' awesome Matt!

PlayPhish
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Forgot to mention that it was done with a gold paint pen (That Michael usually uses for signing) as well as brushwork in gold and orange. It's also about 15 inches tall x 6 inches wide. :rock:

oy-the-brave
03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
VERY nice:thumbsup:

carlosdetweiller
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, I like that a lot. Congratulations.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Stunning......absolutely STUNNING

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

jhanic
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
WOW!!

John

Cutter
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow, I like that it is in gold, that is sweet!!!!!!

Ari_Racing
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
FUCK!! I can't see it!!

Can anyone post the link of it?

PlayPhish
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Try this Ari:

Fsmdr
03-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow!! That is very different than the remarques that we have seen. Absolutely beautiful!. Cosidering the size too. Thank you very much for sharing it.

Ari_Racing
03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Nope...somehow I can't see it :( I deactivated the firewall, but it's preventing me from seeing the site.

Ari_Racing
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Alright, I see it now...it was the router.

ASTONISHING!!! I love it!

Ari_Racing
03-05-2009, 05:12 PM
By the way, thanks for the link! :)

gsvec
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Absofrigginlutely GORGEOUS!

herbertwest
03-06-2009, 02:17 AM
leaves me speechless!

wizardsrainbow
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is an image of Michael's remarque that Fsmdr requested I post. (With apologies for the size)

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the bindings of the various editions of this book? I always feel that every time I open this book (and hear that horrible cracking sound) that pages are going to begin falling out; the book is just a monstrous tome!

Bob-

I can't see it at work or through the link you provided. Will have to check home computer. Can't wait.

Fsmdr
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
PlayPhish,

I believe the Artist Inspired by Lovecraft also comes in the leatherbound traycased edition. I have one coming but it's still in the bindery. Will post pictures once it comes in....but it might be a few months yet.

Patrick
03-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Fantastic personalized book, Bob!

Ari_Racing
03-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Hello boys and girls,

As you all know, in October Centipede Press is going to release an artwork book with all the artists that were inspired by Stephen King. All the illustrations that appeared before in S/L editions is going to be present, along with several other artwork, such as remarques, covers, posters, preliminary sketches and even previously unpublished images.

I've been talking with Jerad for some time already and making some suggestions about authors and contents that could be included in the book. And he's very interested in hearing your thoughs, so please feel free to post what would you like to see in the book. Jared will visit this thread and see the suggestions and comments made by you.

In the meantime, here's the image that will be present in the cover, done by the great Michael Whelan.

http://www.postimage.org/Pq1Ae2jS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1Ae2jS)

And three of the illustrations included in the book, including one never seen before, made by Stephen Gervais (which, by the way, was the work that convinced King that Gervais should be the next illustrator of the upcomming S/L edition of Christine.

http://www.postimage.org/Pq1Aemh0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1Aemh0)

http://www.postimage.org/aV1yhRYr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

http://www.postimage.org/gx22J7e0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

I'll probably post more images and previews here soon. :)

herbertwest
03-14-2009, 12:11 AM
I previously gave to Jerad contact details of french artists that created pretty nice artwork. He sounded interested, but so far I dont know if he'll be able to use some of the artworks...

I am really expecting that book! Thanks for the preview!

carlosdetweiller
03-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Thanks, Ari, for posting the pictures. This book will exceed everyone's expectations by far. Every time I talk to Jerad he has located new artwork, found another artist or has some innovative idea to present the art. It is unbelievable the support he has received from the artists involved.

Thanks for posting the Gervais art. I had not seen or heard of it before.

The Krupowicz art from THE TALISMAN is one I would dearly love to add to my collection. It was in the collection of Jane and Howard Frank for a long time until the artist's mother bought it from them. I doubt it will ever be on the open market.

jhanic
03-14-2009, 06:03 AM
I have to say that I'm not usually impressed by art books as such--I guess I don't really have that much interest, but I AM impressed by what I've seen of this one. I'll probably be getting one.

John

Ari_Racing
03-14-2009, 07:39 AM
This is the list of the artists already confirmed:

Michael Whelan
Bernie Wrightson
JK Potter
Don Brautigam
Dave McKean
Darrel Anderson
Ned Dameron
Stephen Gervais
Don Maitz
Drew Struzan
Dave Christensen
Roger Stine
Don Punchatz
John Cayea
Rick Harrison
Steven Stroud
Kinuko Y. Craft
Linda Fennimore
Jack Camen
Rowena
R.J. Krupowicz
Phil Hale
Bob Giusti
Rob Wood
Jill Bauman
Allen Koszowski
Christian Heinrich
Rick Berry
Glenn Chabourne
Alan Clark
Douglas Smith
John Picacio
Bob Eggleton
Les Edwards
David Ho
Steve Stone
Mark Geyer
Mark Ryden
David Palladini

And more will probably join soon :)

gsvec
03-14-2009, 08:28 AM
That's one hell of an impressive list!

herbertwest
03-14-2009, 09:52 AM
yes!

"Christian Heinrich"
Is the french illustrator that worked on Eyes of the Dragon!

I would have loved to see the french artwork of The Stand, included as well...

carlosdetweiller
03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
That's one hell of an impressive list!

It is. And most will be signing the deluxe edition.

jhanic
03-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Did you know there's already another thread on this same topic?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=3927

John

Ari_Racing
03-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Other three illustrations that will be present in the book:

http://www.postimage.org/Pq1FuIkA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1FuIkA)

http://www.postimage.org/Pq1FuKPJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Done by the british artist John Stewart, these are pen and ink drawings for The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (Whispers 17/18, Whispers Press, 1982)

mia/susannah
03-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Those are great. I can't wait to get the book and see all the illustrations by these great artist.

Patrick
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Did you know there's already another thread on this same topic?

John
Thanks, John.

Jerad himself posted about this book in that thread by the same name:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=222668&postcount=34

I'm going to merge the two.

[EDIT: Threads merged.]

Patrick
03-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Hello everyone. This is Jerad Walters of Centipede Press. I am working on a follow-up volume to our acclaimed Artists Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft. This new art book is tentatively called Artists Inspired by Stephen King. The projected publication date for this book is October 2009. We are very excited about this book, and we already have a number of artists on board.

My question to all of you is this: we need feedback. If you can, please take the time to tell us what you’d most want to see in a book of this sort (approximately 11 x 14 inches). Do you want interviews with the artists? Would you like to see the complete color and black & white works of every artist involved with any Stephen King book?

How much background information would you care to read about art directors, the history of limited editions, and stories from the publishers? Would you care to see preliminary sketches of some of the color works that have appeared in the limited editions, or just the finished works? How many art works would you care to see from limited editions and trade editions that have been published internationally?

Do you have any interest in film stills, or interviews with directors of Stephen King movies? What about movie posters? Regarding the edition, what would you feel is a fair print run for a trade edition? A signed edition? What features would you want to see in a deluxe edition?

We already have a load of work done for this, including the complete Stephen King artworks of Don Brautigam (paperback editions of The Stand, Night Shift, others), and the original hardcover art from the first editions of Salem’s Lot, The Shining, Pet Sematary; the limited editions of Christine, The Regulators, and several others, and a lot more.

In addition to advice, we could use help in locating artists (and credit for art) that has thus far eluded us. Please, we want to make this book not only a great book of art, but also an item that is so breathtaking, so complete, and so amazing that anyone who looks at is just going to be floored. Any advice would be welcome.

Please email us at jerad@centipedepress.com if you need additional information, as well as your suggestions regarding what you would like to see in a signed edition and a deluxe edition. This book is for all King fans, as well as art fans, and we want to make it a very desirable and complete edition. Thank you all for your time!

Best,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
jerad@centipedepress.com
Bump.

Please review the last few pages of this thread for some member comments as requested.

willie3
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Just a quick FYI

Jerad is taking pre-orders for this book now at a discounted price.

There will also be a 50 copy traycased edition with an original remarque by Mr. Whelan.
Discounted cost for this edition will be $1095 until May 5th.

http://www.centipedepress.com/skart.html

wizardsrainbow
03-19-2009, 10:02 AM
I just ordered the remarqued copy. Guess I have some selling of stuff to do to pay for it.

willie3
03-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I just ordered the remarqued copy. Guess I have some selling of stuff to do to pay for it.

I knew you were as weak willed as I am !!! :thumbsup:

turtlex
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow. How cool is that?!?

And it says the remarque can be inscribed... wonder if you could suggest a topic ( ie - Dark Tower ) ?

I can't wait to see what you all get.

Ari_Racing
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Well....I'm preordering the other one in a week, when the CC period closes. :)

Rahfa
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I'd love to order it, and if it was two years ago I definitley would...but, just can't justify the $1K - which it's totally worth. I'm not really an artist collector.

But for the money, it's an incomarable set of artist signatures. I wonder if it's a legit long term investment at that price? I just can't tell, and don't have the knowledge base, and that's another reason for me to stay on the sidelines.

Patrick
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
:o I want to go to there.

Randall Flagg
03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
1K is not in my "pocket" right now.
At least if you spend the 1K you KNOW you will get a remarque-not a 1/100 chance (?).

wizardsrainbow
03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
It just seemed worth it to get the remarque for spending a couple hundred more $$. But I am a fool for buying having just lost my job....so, I really will be selling some stuff very soon. Gotta go make my list.

Ari_Racing
03-19-2009, 06:37 PM
It's completely impossible for me to get the most expensive one...my salary is exactly that amount :( Too bad...I wanted to buy for the very first time a remarqued edition

Patrick
03-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Just a quick FYI

There will also be a 50 copy traycased edition with an original remarque by Mr. Whelan.

Thanks for the link, Willie.

To summarize options, quantity and U.S. domestic price (see link for full description):

SLIPCASED:
2500, no numbers, unsigned:
$195 + $15 S&H through 5/5;
$250 thereafter

TRAYCASED (w/ extras):
400, numbered, signed:
$795 + $25 S&H thru 5/5;
$995 thereafter

TRAYCASED w/ ORIGINAL WHELAN REMARQUE (w/ extras):
50, numbered, signed:
(Are these a subset of the 400 above?)
$1095 + $25 S&H thru 5/5;
$1,295 thereafter

Fsmdr
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Just a quick FYI

Thanks for the link, Willie.

To summarize options, quantity and U.S. domestic price (see link for full description):

SLIPCASED:
2500, no numbers, unsigned:
$195 + $15 S&H through 5/5;
$250 thereafter

TRAYCASED (w/ extras):
400, numbered, signed:
$795 + $25 S&H thru 5/5;
$995 thereafter

TRAYCASED w/ ORIGINAL WHELAN REMARQUE (w/ extras):
50, numbered, signed:
(Are these a subset of the 400 above?)
$1095 + $25 S&H thru 5/5;
$1,295 thereafter

Has anyone seen the price of the Deluxe edition?. I'm sure it will be well justified although looking at the price tag makes me wince.

Patrick
03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
:o Holy moly, I missed the separate link to that edition!

http://www.centipedepress.com/skartdeluxe.html

DELUXE (w/ Extras such as oversized, signed prints):
25, Roman numerals, signed
$4,995 incl. S&H thru 5/5
$5,995 thereafter

Suddenly the Whelan remarqued edition sounds much more affordable.

Dr. Dawg
03-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Just the unsigned version for me, but this will be a very nice item to add to my bookshelf!

jhanic
03-20-2009, 03:21 AM
I'll be getting the unsigned edition also. I just can't justify to myself spending that much money on a book that is not signed by King himself. If King had signed it, I'd be getting one of the traycased ones.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-20-2009, 08:27 AM
I would have to get all the editions King signed, but as there aren't any, I've saved a fortune. :)

herbertwest
03-20-2009, 10:06 AM
I think i'll get the basic edition at some point.. but dont know when...

e_taylor
03-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Thoughts on how fast the cheap edition might sell out? I'll eventually get one, I just have too many irons in the fire right now to afford it.

bast_imret
03-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Can't wait to see what Michael does in your copies guys! That's an awsome deal Jared put together. I'd love to spend some of my tax return on that, but my 9 month old rules my wallet right now. Good thing he's so dang cute :huglove:

I'll hopefully grab a copy of the Slipcased one though. Can't wait to see how the new commissioned pieces look. I have to wait and see how much $$ we spend in Napa first though. Heading out there in April, and we plan on coming back with a lot of tasty wine :drool:

Randall Flagg
03-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I have to wait and see how much $$ we spend in Napa first though. Heading out there in April, and we plan on coming back with a lot of tasty wine :drool:

I am only 40 miles from Napa. PM me if you need a place to stay, or suggestions.

Rahfa
03-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Thoughts on how fast the cheap edition might sell out? I'll eventually get one, I just have too many irons in the fire right now to afford it.

Definitley not for awhile...you're in no rush. It's a great item, worth buying, but it is a niche item that will take some time to sell out of.

jhanic
03-21-2009, 04:47 AM
I agree. With 2500 copies to be printed, it'll probably be around for a little while.

John

bast_imret
03-21-2009, 06:34 AM
I have to wait and see how much $$ we spend in Napa first though. Heading out there in April, and we plan on coming back with a lot of tasty wine :drool:

I am only 40 miles from Napa. PM me if you need a place to stay, or suggestions.

Sweet! We went for the first time last year and liked it so much, we are heading back. We are going for the Passport Weekend in the Dry Creek area. We'll be staying in Napa on the 22nd and 23rd and visiting wineries in that area, and then moving to another hotel in Santa Rosa/Petaluma on the 24th-26th for the passport event on Sat and Sun.

What are your favorite wineries? PM me some info. I know there are some that we've been to and want to visit again, but we also want to try and go by others that we missed or just didn't have time to visit last year.

jhanic
03-22-2009, 03:50 AM
This was waiting for me when I got up this morning:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Centipede Press is pleased to announce the forthcoming
publication of Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by
Stephen King, with an original introduction by film
director Frank Darabont. Michael Whelan will be
drawing remarques for only 50 copies of the deluxe
edition. See below for more information. The attached
PDF file also has a lot of details!

KEY SPECIFICATIONS:
* hardcover with sewn signatures and reinforced binding
* full color
* 11 x 15 inches
* 448 pages
* over 500 illustrations
* 30 pages of double-page foldouts
* publication date: November 2009

Drawing on 35 years of artwork by the best fantasy artists
of our time, Knowing Darkness is an oversized
coffee-table art book that reprints virtually all of the
art done for King's limited edition books, all out of
print. It also reprints art for King's trade editions, film
stills, movie posters, foreign editions, and movie tie-in
editions.

In addition to the wealth of previously published artwork,
new works of art have been commissioned especially for this
book: Michael Whelan leads the way with a magnificent front
cover, and a new interior piece illustrating The Dark
Tower. The newly commissioned interior pieces include art
illustrating "One for the Road" (Stephen Gervais), It
(Bob Eggleton), The Shining (Douglas Smith), 'Salem's
Lot (John Picacio), Hearts in Atlantis (Les Edwards), Duma
Key (Don Maitz), "The Lawnmower Man" (Jason Eckhardt), The
Tommyknockers (Alex McVey), Black House and Cell (Zach
McCain), "Weeds" and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (David
Ho), and others.

Shot from the originals or the artist's original
color-corrected computer scans, free of distracting type or
design, the artwork in this book is printed on heavy matte
paper and varnished for protection.

Every artistic medium is represented: scratchboard, oils,
watercolors, pencils, collage, photographs, and digital art.

The text, written by King critic George Beahm, looks back
at 34 years of King in print. It provides a detailed look
at the writer and his life, supplemented with interviews
with Michael Whelan, Bernie Wrightson, Drew Struzan, John
Cayea, Dave Christiansen, and many others.

Note: Stephen King has not signed this book, nor has he
contributed any original text.

To be published in three collectible editions, all share
the same text, art, and design.

PREORDERS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN

SLIPCASED EDITION
2500 copies (not numbered or signed)
bound with an imported fabric with printed silk panels
cloth slipcase printed in four colors
Prepublication price: $195 (through May 5, 2009).
Publication price: $250
A special bonus when you order direct through us:
you will receive a free, full color museum-quality
print of your choice signed by the artist.

TRAYCASED EDITION
400 copies (signed by 30 artists)
a four-color suede traycase with pull-out print drawer
15 prints, each measuring 13x19 inches printed on 300 gsm
stock
a separate art book with 20 oversize prints measuring
13 x 19 inches with artwork from the book
Prepublication price: $795
Publication price: $995
Note: If you own the slipcased edition of 'Salem's Lot, we
will match numbers.

DELUXE EDITION
25 copies (signed by 30 artists)
a four-color suede traycase
15 prints, each measuring 13x19 inches printed
on 300 gsm stock
a suite of oversized prints (17 x 22 inches) in a
custom-made folder, each print signed and
numbered by the artist

The fantasy art book of the year, Knowing Darkness: Artists
Inspired by Stephen King is your own private art gallery of
the very best illustrations drawn to grace King's
imaginative fiction. From the publisher of the highly
acclaimed A Lovecraft Retrospective: Artists Inspired by
H.P.L., this limited edition collectible belongs on the
shelf of every King fan.

"I feel privileged to have been selected from all the
potential artists out there to illustrate so much of SK's
work. It's been nothing but a joyride for me. To get a
chance to do some more work is the fulfillment of two years
worth of wishing and hoping."

-- Michael Whelan on illustrating the cover of KNOWING DARKNESS

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
2565 Teller Court
Lakewood, Colorado 80214

phone: 303/231-9720
jerad@centipedepress.com

The attached PDF file is very impressive, too. I may change my mind about getting just one of the slipcased editions to getting the traycased one.

John

Room 217 Caretaker
03-22-2009, 04:39 AM
This was waiting for me when I got up this morning:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Centipede Press is pleased to announce the forthcoming
publication of Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by
Stephen King, with an original introduction by film
director Frank Darabont. Michael Whelan will be
drawing remarques for only 50 copies of the deluxe
edition. See below for more information. The attached
PDF file also has a lot of details!

KEY SPECIFICATIONS:
* hardcover with sewn signatures and reinforced binding
* full color
* 11 x 15 inches
* 448 pages
* over 500 illustrations
* 30 pages of double-page foldouts
* publication date: November 2009

Drawing on 35 years of artwork by the best fantasy artists
of our time, Knowing Darkness is an oversized
coffee-table art book that reprints virtually all of the
art done for King's limited edition books, all out of
print. It also reprints art for King's trade editions, film
stills, movie posters, foreign editions, and movie tie-in
editions.

In addition to the wealth of previously published artwork,
new works of art have been commissioned especially for this
book: Michael Whelan leads the way with a magnificent front
cover, and a new interior piece illustrating The Dark
Tower. The newly commissioned interior pieces include art
illustrating "One for the Road" (Stephen Gervais), It
(Bob Eggleton), The Shining (Douglas Smith), 'Salem's
Lot (John Picacio), Hearts in Atlantis (Les Edwards), Duma
Key (Don Maitz), "The Lawnmower Man" (Jason Eckhardt), The
Tommyknockers (Alex McVey), Black House and Cell (Zach
McCain), "Weeds" and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (David
Ho), and others.

Shot from the originals or the artist's original
color-corrected computer scans, free of distracting type or
design, the artwork in this book is printed on heavy matte
paper and varnished for protection.

Every artistic medium is represented: scratchboard, oils,
watercolors, pencils, collage, photographs, and digital art.

The text, written by King critic George Beahm, looks back
at 34 years of King in print. It provides a detailed look
at the writer and his life, supplemented with interviews
with Michael Whelan, Bernie Wrightson, Drew Struzan, John
Cayea, Dave Christiansen, and many others.

Note: Stephen King has not signed this book, nor has he
contributed any original text.

To be published in three collectible editions, all share
the same text, art, and design.

PREORDERS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN

SLIPCASED EDITION
2500 copies (not numbered or signed)
cloth slipcase printed in four colors
Prepublication price: $195 (through May 5, 2009).
Publication price: $250
A special bonus when you order direct through us:
you will receive a free, full color museum-quality
print of your choice signed by the artist.

TRAYCASED EDITION
400 copies (signed by 30 artists)
a four-color suede traycase with pull-out print drawer
15 prints, each measuring 13x19 inches printed on 300 gsm
stock
Prepublication price: $795
Publication price: $995
Note: If you own the slipcased edition of 'Salem's Lot, we
will match numbers.

DELUXE EDITION
25 copies (signed by 30 artists)
a four-color suede traycase
15 prints, each measuring 13x19 inches printed
on 300 gsm stock
a suite of oversized prints (17 x 22 inches) in a
custom-made folder, each print signed and
numbered by the artist

The fantasy art book of the year, Knowing Darkness: Artists
Inspired by Stephen King is your own private art gallery of
the very best illustrations drawn to grace King's
imaginative fiction. From the publisher of the highly
acclaimed A Lovecraft Retrospective: Artists Inspired by
H.P.L., this limited edition collectible belongs on the
shelf of every King fan.

"I feel privileged to have been selected from all the
potential artists out there to illustrate so much of SK's
work. It's been nothing but a joyride for me. To get a
chance to do some more work is the fulfillment of two years
worth of wishing and hoping."

-- Michael Whelan on illustrating the cover of KNOWING DARKNESS

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
2565 Teller Court
Lakewood, Colorado 80214

jerad@centipedepress.com

The attached PDF file is very impressive, too. I may change my mind about getting just one of the slipcased editions to getting the traycased one.

John

With my wife still looking for work it was a tough decision but I'm taking one of the traycase with original Whelan piece in it.

:wtf: Keep your eye open for things I'll be selling to pay this back.

I have always been about the artwork in Kings books, movie poster, soundtrack covers, dvd covers, etc. I truly believe the artist, being a fan themselves, allow their imagination to go down those same roads and paths the constant reader goes down.

Expressing it in art is eye candy for the collector.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Cutter
03-22-2009, 06:05 AM
I got a slipcased edition. I have the Lovecraft artist book and it is really a nice piece of work. I'm sure this one will be kick ass as well. So this was a no brainer to buy since I've seen the first book of this type.

One thing saddening is I was hoping to buy the middle-tier book, with Lovecraft they had a $495 traycased edition ($395 pre-order). I was hoping there was going to be this option with King's book, but it's at $895. Too bad, but I'll still be happy with the slipcased edition. :)

herbertwest
03-22-2009, 10:26 AM
jhanic : which pdf file???

jhanic
03-22-2009, 11:05 AM

There was a pdf file attached to the email. It may be on the site, I'm not sure.

John

Dr. Dawg
03-22-2009, 11:39 AM

There was a pdf file attached to the email. It may be on the site, I'm not sure.

John

I missed that pdf the first time... It's really nice and makes me more excited about a book that I'm already anticipating!

I would love to get the signed version, but can't personally justify spending that much since there are so many other books in that price range that I would add to my collection first...

herbertwest
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM

John

Can you please post it?

carlosdetweiller
03-22-2009, 12:50 PM

John

Can you please post it?

Jeremy,
Why don't you contact Jerad at Centipede Press and get on his e-mail list and have him send the files directly to you?

herbertwest
03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
didnt think about it !

thanks for the tip

Nerak
03-23-2009, 08:25 AM
I cannot afford this, but it should be beautiful!! Can't wait to see y'all's copies!!

mae
03-23-2009, 08:27 AM
It sounds like an excellent art book, but two points against it: too expensive, and can't be complete (it probably won't even have the Under the Dome art).

P.S.: I did pilfer the image from the samples from that uber-creepy paperback edition of Night Shift for my avatar. It was my first Stephen King book that I held in my hands (not the first one I read though), and that image is burned in my mind. It fucked me up so.

herbertwest
03-23-2009, 11:58 AM
It sounds like an excellent art book, but two points against it: too expensive, and can't be complete (it probably won't even have the Under the Dome art).

P.S.: I did pilfer the image from the samples from that uber-creepy paperback edition of Night Shift for my avatar. It was my first Stephen King book that I held in my hands (not the first one I read though), and that image is burned in my mind. It fucked me up so.

Under the Dome will probably not have any art in it..

mae
03-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Under the Dome will probably not have any art in it..

I meant dust jacket art.

dyetye
03-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Anyone pre-ordered The Art of Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King
from CentipedePress? I thought about ordering, but was wondering on the quality of their books, etc and whether this would be work a couple hundred bucks...

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else...I didn't search too much...

Matt
03-26-2009, 09:06 AM
I think there is a very large discussion going on about this in our collectors forum dyetye

jhanic
03-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Centipede Press has produced some of the most impressive editions done. Jerad tends to issue over-sized highest-quality volumes. I own the Centipede Press signed limited Salem's Lot (and the unsigned "gift" edition) and STILL am amazed at the quality. I plan on ordering the tray-cased edition of The Art of Stephen King (to match my number from Salem's Lot) soon.

By the way, the title is to be "Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King."

John

Bev Vincent
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm still undecided -- it's obviously going to be a gorgeous book, but pricey. I see from the preview that it's even going to have the artwork from The Road to the Dark Tower without all the writing over it, so it's tempting.

The title is appropriate -- too bad Doug Winter already used it for another King-related book.

turtlex
03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Soooo.... anyone do the "Add To Cart" for the DELUXE edition?

jhanic
03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm just getting the traycased edition without remarque to match the number of my s/l Salem's Lot. I'd like to get the deluxe edition, but...

John

Matt
03-26-2009, 11:55 AM
I think we could probably merge this into the collectors thread...:D

Great info John, thank you.

dyetye
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but how does the pre-orders work from CentipedePress? Do they charge you when you pre-order, or when it ships?

Thanks,

Room 217 Caretaker
03-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, but how does the pre-orders work from CentipedePress? Do they charge you when you pre-order, or when it ships?

Thanks,

Paypal or check up front.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Matt
03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
They go ahead and get your money up front dyetye

Randall Flagg
03-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I am going to merge with a 1 day redirect.
Welcome dyetye.:grouphug:

carlosdetweiller
03-31-2009, 03:48 AM
Does anyone have any of the JK Potter original photographs from the Scream/Press limited edition of SKELETON CREW? Jerad (and JK Potter) are looking specifically for two of them. I hope someone reads this who can help. Here is his e-mail to me:

Monday, 30 March, 2009

Dear Bob,

JK Potter has virtually recreated most of the artwork used in Skeleton Crew for my Artists Inspired by Stephen King book. However, the two images that he cannot recreate, as he does not have the negs, are Gramma and Nona (attached).

Remember when I was at your place and I scanned in those high quality, large size JK Potter photographs of The Reach and The Raft, among others?
Those proved invaluable to JK.

Would you know of anyone who might have the prints like those, but of Gramma and Nona? Would you be willing at all to post something to this effect, that I am looking for these, and put a post on darktower?

Let me know if you can help me out at all with this. These are two key images and I am rapidly running out of time! Gah!

Best Regards,

Jerad

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
2565 Teller Court
Lakewood, Colorado 80214

jerad@centipedepress.com

Randall Flagg
03-31-2009, 06:23 AM
Bob, can you post the requested images that were attached?

wizardsrainbow
03-31-2009, 09:04 AM
I just have the portfolio, but I don't think that helps Jerad.

carlosdetweiller
03-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Bob, can you post the requested images that were attached?

Here they are:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/Gramma.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/Nona.jpg

Patrick
03-31-2009, 05:16 PM
I just have the portfolio, but I don't think that helps Jerad.I have the portfolio as well. (I can only dream of owning originals.)

Good luck to Jerad in tracking down the two originals that he needs.

e_taylor
04-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I assume these two pieces will be in the upcoming book.

They are listed as commissioned pieces, and I know lots of artwork was supposed to have been made just for this edition.

http://www.alexmcvey.com/popup/rf_large.html

http://www.alexmcvey.com/popup/tk_large.html

Ari_Racing
04-03-2009, 06:09 PM
One was already tracked. Nona is missing now.

Randall Flagg
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I assume these two pieces will be in the upcoming book.

They are listed as commissioned pieces, and I know lots of artwork was supposed to have been made just for this edition.

http://www.alexmcvey.com/popup/rf_large.html

http://www.alexmcvey.com/popup/tk_large.html

I like the portrait of me:P

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8552/53175076.jpg

jhanic
04-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I DO see the resemblence! :P

John

Patrick
04-04-2009, 11:11 AM
:wtf:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow! Twins :)

Nerak
04-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Nah, the one in the denim is much uglier!!!!

Dr. Dawg
04-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I just received a copy of "Artists Inspired by HP Lovecraft," and if this book is at all similar it will be 1. a HUGE, heavy book and 2. VERY nicely done. I'm even more excited for the Artists Inspired by Stephen King now!

Randall Flagg
04-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Nah, the one in the denim is much uglier!!!!
You are sweet.:huglove:

jhanic
04-27-2009, 05:49 AM
I just ordered my copies of the slipcased edition and the traycased one (to match my #273 of Salem's Lot).

John

e_taylor
06-20-2009, 04:55 AM
In the last email I got from Centipede Press it mentioned something about an extra signed print if pre-ordered before such and such a date.

Whats this all about? Did I miss something?

jhanic
06-20-2009, 06:32 AM
That's a good question, Eric. I just checked the website and nothing is mentioned about an extra signed print with the slipcased edition as is mentioned in the email. I hope it's not a mis-statement.

John

Patrick
06-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I did not order the book, however there was definitely a statement on the website about receiving an extra piece of artwork if you ordered before some date - in late May, I think.

I would assume that now that the date has passed, he edited out that "enticement" from the sales pitch (for those who came after).

Brice
06-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Yes, I remember seeing that there too, though I didn't order the book.

Ari_Racing
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Prints of the illustration made by Les Edwards for this book are for sale.

Check:

http://www.lesedwards.com/showpic.php?id=2&pid=646

If you ask me...it looks AWESOME!!

biomieg
07-02-2009, 10:02 AM

Check:

It's beautiful!

By the way, do you guys also have a hard time figuring out which print (coming with the preordered book) you want to have signed?

- Michaël

e_taylor
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM

Check:

It's beautiful!

By the way, do you guys also have a hard time figuring out which print (coming with the preordered book) you want to have signed?

Whats that print all about? I keep seeing reference to it, but can't find any concrete info about it.

biomieg
07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
People who preordered the book get a free artwork reprint, signed by the artist. Today Jerad sent an email with an attached pdf with the fifteen different pieces. There's some marvelous stuff in there!

It's possible though that this little bonus was added only to the preordered unsigned slipcased edition, that's the one I'm getting and I'm pretty sure the reprint was mentioned a couple of times in the emails I got after preordering.

- Michaël

Ari_Racing
07-02-2009, 12:20 PM
I've just talked with Jerad and this is the deal:

If you order the trade edition of the book at http://www.centipedepress.com/skart.html , you can pick out a print for free, and the print is signed by the artist.

Now...as for the prints, the pdf catalogue is really astonishing, but there were two that simply let me breathless.

Bob Eggleton's IT

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/525/eggleton.png

John Picaccio
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/525/picaccio.png

And...Michael Whelan:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/525/whelan.png

There are more prints. I'll share them within these days :)

Kidd Ikarus
07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Those are amazing!!! What is the John Picaccio one of?

The Dark Tower one is friggin incredible. I love it.

biomieg
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Those are amazing!!! What is the John Picaccio one of?

The Dark Tower one is friggin incredible. I love it.

I believe it's the Marsten House ('Salem's Lot).

- Michaël

Kidd Ikarus
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks. Wow, I want this really bad. I'm so tired of being broke . . . :arg:

Ricky
07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Man, I'd love to be able to buy a copy of this. I'd REALLY like the $6,000 copy too, however I'd have to sell a kidney for that.

herbertwest
07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
the pdf is amazing... there are good chances i'll be ordering the book at some point!

Ari_Racing
07-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Actually, to get one of these prints, you only have to buy the trade edition, not the more expensive ones. :)

Patrick
07-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Actually, to get one of these prints, you only have to buy the trade edition, not the more expensive ones. :)
However it bears noting that buying "only" the unsigned, unnumbered Trade Edition will still set you back $250 (or more after September 30th). Still, I'm thinking about buying one.

Is there a weblink to the .pdf on his site, or was it only by email attachment?

biomieg
07-02-2009, 11:30 PM
AFAIK it was only by email attachment. By the way (I don't mean to interfere with you Ari ;)), I uploaded the images yesterday for some of my fellow King collectors in Holland, so I'll share them with you guys as well:

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print01.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print02.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print03.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print04.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print05.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print06.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print07.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print08.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print09.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print10.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print11.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print12.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print13.jpghttp://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print14.jpg
http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print15.jpg

- Michaël

biomieg
07-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm going to have difficulties choosing between The Stand, Desperation, Michael's Tower depiction, and 'Salem's Lot!

Ari_Racing
07-03-2009, 06:22 AM
LOL. I bet Whelan's new illustration will have the highest demand.

herbertwest
07-03-2009, 07:20 AM
what's the "print12" ? tgwltg i guess

that's really awesome. I am so getting one later on that year!

Cutter
07-04-2009, 06:26 AM
LOL. I bet Whelan's new illustration will have the highest demand.
Yea that's the one I got. As I really like it. But I'm thinking of paying an extra $50 to get a signed print of The Stand. I've always loved that cover.

e_taylor
07-04-2009, 06:42 AM
I still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I'm going to grab this title. I think I'll wait until it is released, look at some of the pictures you folks post, and decide from there.

I may have learned my lesson from the Lovecraft art book. Don't get me wrong, its one of my favourite books, but for the pain in the ass it is to store, and the number of times I actually pull it out to flip through... I can probably find a much better use of $250.

Ricky
07-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Would anyone know if it's possible to buy one of those prints, or if it's strictly for those purchasing the book?

e_taylor
07-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Would anyone know if it's possible to buy one of those prints, or if it's strictly for those purchasing the book?

I saw it mentioned that they can be purchased for $50 each. Although I don't know if thats an option only to those who order the book, or what. I'd say email Jerad and ask.

herbertwest
07-04-2009, 08:16 AM

Didnt notice that.... what is the size of the print?
Even though is too late...

can anyone post the recent pdf file?

Patrick
07-04-2009, 09:03 AM

Didnt notice that.... what is the size of the print?
Even though is too late...

can anyone post the recent pdf file?
HW, scroll up the page to see the artwork.

What is too late?

herbertwest
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
the following were posted earlier... but which story are they based on ?

http://www.postimage.org/aV1yhRYr.jpg
http://www.postimage.org/gx22J7e0.jpg

Eluria for the first?

Ari_Racing
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
1st one: The Talisman.
2nd: The Shining (this is an illustration Stephen Gervais did and convinced King to choose him to work on Christine S/L)

herbertwest
07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
thanks!

the exchange rate is really brilliant just now : am tempted to order it now...

Ari_Racing
07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Don't hesitate that much! :) Life is only one and you're young!

wizardsrainbow
07-07-2009, 02:09 AM
That new Dark Tower art is the painting that Michael just finished in April (he gave me a preview). It was done specifically for Jerad's book. I wasn't aware that he had "unveiled" it to the public yet. Am glad that he did so all nof you can now appreciate it.

turtlex
07-07-2009, 02:59 AM
And...Michael Whelan:

Oh, my gosh, this is just amazing!

David / Ari - Any idea if MW will be doing prints?!?

Just, WOW !

wizardsrainbow
07-07-2009, 05:36 AM
I will ask. I am trying to arrange a time to see them over the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

e_taylor
07-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Is that new Whelan one computer enhanced or something? If thats actually a painting then WOW!

The red in the sky and the light coming from the tower seem to have been added though... do you know Wiz?

turtlex
07-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Thank you, kind sir. I surely hope that MW makes it available for a print. It is amazing.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-07-2009, 06:29 AM
And...Michael Whelan:

Oh, my gosh, this is just amazing!

I think it looks like a lighthouse!

herbertwest
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Don't hesitate that much! :) Life is only one and you're young!

Am more than sure i will order it at some point... Am expecting for an important refund that would allow me to pay it all....

wizardsrainbow
07-08-2009, 07:02 AM
No, to my knowledge it is a painting and not computer generated in any way. Michael's "vision" of the tower has changed from The Gunslinger as King got so much more descriptive of it in DT VII. It was much more spiky in earlier renderings by Michael.

I posted this picture once before, but will do it here again for those that may not have seen it. Here is one of Michael's first paintings of the Dark Tower. He sold this many years ago (he cannot remember to whom), but he thought it too dark and sinister for the book at the time. I simply love it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Roland_Alternate_Tower1.JPG

e_taylor
07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
I agree David! And as the series unfolded, dark and sinister wasn't too far off!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Love it. 'Salem's Lot meets The Dark Tower.

AIMB
07-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Great now I have to come up with 300 bucks.

But I am confused. Does anyone know if you order now do you still get to choose a print? How big is it? I am going to order regardless but would be a nice bonus.

Patrick
07-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Wiz, that picture is fantastic! Kudos to the artist.

Great now I have to come up with 300 bucks.

But I am confused. Does anyone know if you order now do you still get to choose a print? How big is it? I am going to order regardless but would be a nice bonus.
Someone will likely come along who knows the answer, however the safest thing to do if an answer is not completely clear on a publisher's website is to contact the publisher directly. Find the contact info on their website and shoot them an email. Then you'll have record of a firsthand answer if needed down the road. Good luck!

jhanic
07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Centipede Press (http://www.centipedepress.com/index.html)

John

Centipede
07-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Saturday, 18 July, 2009

Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King, is still for sale from our website at $250 postpaid. This is $45 off the retail price of $295. In addition, if you order the book from our site, you get your choice of a free print signed by the artist. There are 15 different prints to choose from, and they are signed by the artist. The prints are printed on Hahnemuhle 310 gsm German Etching paper, so they have a lot of tooth, and the colors are spectacular and bright. They are roughly 11 x 15 in size, roughly the same size of the book, with white space on all four edges. If you are interested, please email me for a PDF file showing the different prints.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this board. Please email me if you have any questions on this. If anyone is interested, I can post images of some of the signature pages, the limitation page, and other goodies from the signed edition.

Best Regards,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press

Room 217 Caretaker
07-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Jerad

On behalf of everyone here, welcome.

We welcome your postings and pictures anytime. :thumbsup:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

jhanic
07-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Welcome, Jerad. Please don't be a stranger!

John

Patrick
07-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the update, Jerad.

PLEASE DO post images of as much as possible right here in this thread. We'd love it.

Great hearing from you.

- Patrick

gsvec
07-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey, Jared - would love to see some images, too. Don't be a stranger!

ETA: For those that might need it here's a link (http://www.centipedepress.com/skart.html) to the book on Centipede's site.

Ari_Racing
07-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Actually the prints you can choose are all posted in the other thread of Artist inspired by Stephen King:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=3927&page=5

And the images:

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print01.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print02.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print03.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print04.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print05.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print06.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print07.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print08.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print09.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print10.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print11.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print12.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print13.jpg http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print14.jpg

http://www.cabecapoeira.nl/king/images/stories/king/print15.jpg

turtlex
07-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Saturday, 18 July, 2009

Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King, is still for sale from our website at $250 postpaid. This is $45 off the retail price of $295. In addition, if you order the book from our site, you get your choice of a free print signed by the artist. There are 15 different prints to choose from, and they are signed by the artist. The prints are printed on Hahnemuhle 310 gsm German Etching paper, so they have a lot of tooth, and the colors are spectacular and bright. They are roughly 11 x 15 in size, roughly the same size of the book, with white space on all four edges. If you are interested, please email me for a PDF file showing the different prints.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this board. Please email me if you have any questions on this. If anyone is interested, I can post images of some of the signature pages, the limitation page, and other goodies from the signed edition.

Best Regards,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press

I was wondering... where in the ordering process are you ( us ) prompted to choose an signed print?

Thanks.

ETA : And thanks, Ari, for bringing those illustrations into this thread !

F1racefan
07-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I was wondering... where in the ordering process are you ( us ) prompted to choose an signed print?

Thanks.

ETA : And thanks, Ari, for bringing those illustrations into this thread !

I was wondering this also. I did not see any mention of it when I went to the checkout.

gsvec
07-21-2009, 11:16 AM
When I ordered mine, I got an email from Jerad asking which print I wanted. I'm still trying to decide between two of them! :panic:

F1racefan
07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
When I ordered mine, I got an email from Jerad asking which print I wanted. I'm still trying to decide between two of them! :panic:

Cool!!
Thanks

gsvec
07-21-2009, 02:48 PM
And FYI, this is from Jared in one of the emails he sent me about the additional prints . . .

I am printing them right now. They are so sharp and so bright they look like they were etched in razor blades. You won't believe it!!

:excited:

turtlex
07-22-2009, 12:33 AM

Thanks, Gretchen!

Which did you decide on?

gsvec
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I honestly haven't yet! :lol: But I think I've got it down to two - Cayea's cover of The Stand and McVey's Flagg. Which of the whole lot would you pick?

biomieg
07-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I honestly haven't yet! :lol: But I think I've got it down to two - Cayea's cover of The Stand and McVey's Flagg. Which of the whole lot would you pick?

I would pick The Stand (it's one of the three I'm currently having trouble to choose from - the other two are Roland & The Tower, and 'Salem's Lot...)

- Michaël

turtlex
07-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Oh, that's tough... but I'd have to go with Mr. Whelan's new one of Roland walking towards the Tower.

Dr. Dawg
07-23-2009, 02:23 AM
I'm getting Roland and the Tower. I think my 2nd favorite might be the Stand cover.

Patrick
07-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I already have a small print of Roland, Jake and the slow mutants (cover picture for THE GUNSLINGER) signed by Whelan.

Therefore I would go with either the cover of THE STAND or the one with Roland and Jake overlooking the town below.

AIMB
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I emailed him and found out that you still get a print of your choosing!
Yeeeeay!

wizardsrainbow
08-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I can tell you that it seems a near certainty that the Deluxe version (the one limited to 50 copies with original artwork by Michael Whelan) will be delayed. Michael has not begun any of the remarques yet.

Randall Flagg
08-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Just a bump to remind people this book is available.
Jerad has been very kind and helpful by providing images for our Catalog, and threads.

Ari_Racing
08-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Alex McVey, one of the artists that will have new artwork in KNOWING DARKNES, has two prints for sale at his website:

The Stand:
http://www.alexmcvey.com/shop/images/randall-flagg-email-final-j.jpg

The Tommyknockers:
http://www.alexmcvey.com/shop/images/tnB-email.jpg

Size of both is 11'' x 16''. Photo archival quality. Unmatted and signed by the artist.

They can be ordered here:

http://www.alexmcvey.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=22

http://www.alexmcvey.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24

Centipede
09-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Hey everyone,

Regarding Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King

My printer is going to be sending a small number of extra prints of the fold-out images in the book. As many of you know, there are 16 fold-outs in the book, creating 32 pages, or 32 double-wide images. The fold-out artists include Dave Christensen (his original dj for The Shining, reproduced from his original painting), Ned Dameron, Michael Whelan, Bernie Wrightson, Stephen Gervais (the Christine image from the Grant dj, in a way that you have never seen!) J.K. Potter, and others.

For a limited time, I'd like to offer TWO complete sets of the fold-outs, untrimmd and unfolded, with any purchase of the trade edition of Artists Inspired by Stephen King, for a price of $75 extra ($250 for the book, as currently priced on the site). The reason the set is sold as a double is so that if you want to frame up an image, you have an extra copy of whatever image is on the other side. They will ship when the book ships. I do not have the prints now.

If you have already purchased a copy of the book, you can purchase a set of the prints for $60 postpaid. They will ship with your book. Note: if you have purchased the signed edition of the book, your receive a set free, automatically.

Also, I have a number of page spreads of the book available, along with some jpeg pictures of the fold-outs. Would anyone like to see these? I would be very happy to post them, along with some pictures of the traycase and slipcase images.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Regards,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press

Brice
09-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Hi Jerad, I think it's safe to say we'd all love to see whatever images you have to share. :)

mae
09-04-2009, 06:19 AM
This book is really looking nice and I would love to get it to have all those original artworks of dust jackets and such but it's way too expensive, even with the Amazon discount. I don't suppose this will ever get a regular trade edition?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
I noticed the Lovecraft version is available for $195 inc shipping.

herbertwest
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM
lilja have posted a few pages (the first 3)

frik
09-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Jerad, I think it's safe to say we'd all love to see whatever images you have to share. :)

Although I hate spoilers...definitely!!

sk

Centipede
09-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Here are some page spreads from the book. Take a look and see what you think! The system only allows me to post five images at a time, so here are five of them. If they work, I will post another five, and try to get some fold-out posts in here, too!

Best,

Jerad

Centipede
09-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Here are pages 29-32 with their respective fold-outs. Enjoy!

Jerad

Centipede
09-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Here are some more pages from the book.

Centipede
09-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Ned Dameron images.

Room 217 Caretaker
09-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Fantastic Jerad :excited:

Ralph Mulleins
Cumberland VA

biomieg
09-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Lovely, Jerad!! I can't wait to hold the book in my hands :)

SkippyD023
09-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Those images are excellent!! Thanks for the preview.

Centipede
09-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Here are a few more page spreads from the book.

Centipede
09-06-2009, 06:23 AM
This is the last post for today. Here are some more pages from the book. Is anyone interested? Are these looking okay? Anyone sitting on the fence who is now compelled to come over?

biomieg
09-06-2009, 06:41 AM
I was already convinced months ago when I preordered... but these snapshots make me all the more eager to get it!

PS I hope you received the email I sent you with my choice for the signed print.

frik
09-06-2009, 07:00 AM
I ordered the tray-cased edition, Jerad.
Am I correct in thinking this edition will be shipped later because Michael Whelan's remarques aren't finished yet??

sk

gsvec
09-06-2009, 10:14 AM
OMG, Jerad - those look phenominal! What a fantastic book this will be!

Ricky
09-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I am exceptionally jealous of all of you who will be ordering a copy.

herbertwest
09-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I will DEFINITELY be ordering a copy of the book.
Just waiting things to get settled a wee bit more and in couple of months....

:drool:

Jerad : Can I spread the pictures above, or do they have to stay in this board?

Patrick
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for posting these, Jerad. Very impressive.

For the time being, let's all leave the photos only where Jerad posts them.

I have not ordered this book yet, but I'm leaning harder toward it. I do want one.

Ben Mears
09-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Another classy, high quality, well designed volume by Jerad.

Nerak
09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Jerad, it looks beautiful!

Centipede
09-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey everyone,

If you have websites where the pictures from the book might be posted, and where you also think that it might help me in sales, you are welcome to do so. We are just two months out from this book shipping and it would be good to drum up all the excitement that we can.

If there is anyone still on the fence about the signed edition, may I offer the following. The book is printed on a heavier paper that the trade edition. It comes with a complete set of the fold-outs, unfolded and untrimmed. It has an extra book of prints, full bleed and 13 x 19 in size, which is enclosed in a slipcase which is also built into the traycase which holds the book. The signed edition has printed suede for the front and back of the book. The 13 x 19 book has printed cloth on the front and back. The traycase is also covered in printed suede with has images on the front, back, and spine. The inside of the traycase is covered in a gorgeous black velvet.

The entire signed book is around 14 x 20 inches and 6 inches thick. It weighs nearly 30 lbs. It is signed by 33 artists, and the signature pages are bound into the book, sewn, not tipped. The signatures include some of the top people in the field, including Michael Whelan, Bernie Wrightson, Dave McKean, Phil Hale, JK Potter, and even Mark Ryden, who is a highly collectible artist -- a gallery artist -- in his own right.

Just from my own point of view, at a current asking price of $895, this is probably the most amount of book you'll ever get for the money. Too bad King didn't want to sign but that's the way it goes. The signed edition is limited to 300 copies, period, and a number of these have been sold, and a number of them go out for free as contributor's copies. The ones that have the original Whelan remarque are from the same run.

Thanks again for reading all of this!

Best,

Jerad

carlosdetweiller
09-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Six inches thick! That's going to be one big book.

Rahfa
09-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Jerad, how are you doing the signature pages?

Will they look similar (though I'm sure not as elaborate) to the Lovecraft book? Is it three signautres to a page? Five? Ten?

I was really impressed with the Lovecraft final project...wondering how this will compare.

jhanic
09-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Eagerly waiting for publication!

John

Fsmdr
09-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Man, this is going to be the book of the year!. Can't wait.

Nerak
09-07-2009, 09:02 AM
that is one massive book!

Centipede
09-07-2009, 03:57 PM
The signature pages look a lot like the ones in the deluxe Lovecraft art book. There are three signatures per page.

Oh, a review of the book has been posted. If you are interested in reading this brief review, you can click on the link below to find out more.

http://charnelhousesk.com/

The Stephen King art book is mentioned at the top of the page, and then the review follows a little ways down.

Best,

Jerad

Room 217 Caretaker
09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
The signature pages look a lot like the ones in the deluxe Lovecraft art book. There are three signatures per page.

Oh, a review of the book has been posted. If you are interested in reading this brief review, you can click on the link below to find out more.

http://charnelhousesk.com/

The Stephen King art book is mentioned at the top of the page, and then the review follows a little ways down.

Best,

Jerad

Very nice review. That piece should bring interested collectors your way.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

jhanic
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
A very well-deserved review.

John

Rahfa
09-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Are they adding their own distinctive touches to their signatures this time too??

Do you have any finished signature pages you can show yet?

Ari_Racing
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Very nice review!

I already say it...but this book will be a before and an after in King's world!

frik
09-08-2009, 06:19 AM
The entire signed book is around 14 x 20 inches and 6 inches thick. It weighs nearly 30 lbs.

I'm trying to picture this, but can't!~
A-ma-zing!!!!! :excited::excited::excited:

sk

herbertwest
09-08-2009, 06:56 AM
weights nearly 30lbs... oh my god!

what size is the non signed edition? (the cheapest one :p)

Centipede
09-08-2009, 07:33 AM
To answer a couple of queries...

The trade edition is 11 x 15 by about 2.5 inches thick, in a slipcase. It weighs a good 13 lbs or so. Even that book is a steal at $250, considering what you are getting.

The signature pages are still in circulation, and from there they go right back to the bindery. So, unfortunately, I do not get to see them either. A lot of people liked the unique drawings that many artists did on the Lovecraft art book (does anyone want to see a highlight?). However, with 400 signature pages (the extras are for bindery set up), the artists just did not have time to do individual drawings, so there probably won't be any.

Thanks again for all your support.

Jerad

F1racefan
09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I could not take it anymore and ordered mine:rock: It is just too cool to pass up!:excited:

jemaher
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
very much looking forward to my copy

Centipede
09-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Michael Whelan emailed me and mentioned that he is going to try and get a remarque to me for the signed edition, a remarque that I can then post on this website so that you can all have a look at it. Stay tuned!

Jerad

Ari_Racing
09-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Can't wait to see it! :)

jhanic
09-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Jerad, I am SO mad at you!! Do you realize I have absolutely NO idea about where I'm going to put such a massive volume? If I tried to put it on one of my admittedly overloaded bookshelves, I think the entire bookcase would collapse!

I guess I'm just going to have to get a new bookcase! :dance:

John

Randall Flagg
09-09-2009, 06:13 AM
You'll just have to adapt.

turtlex
09-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Jerad, I am SO mad at you!! Do you realize I have absolutely NO idea about where I'm going to put such a massive volume? If I tried to put it on one of my admittedly overloaded bookshelves, I think the entire bookcase would collapse!

I guess I'm just going to have to get a new bookcase! :dance:

John

John - I'm gonna step up here and do the right thing, because we're friends... you can keep it at my house. :D

jhanic
09-09-2009, 06:17 AM
:huglove:

But not quite that much!

John

turtlex
09-09-2009, 06:18 AM
:couple: Ya can't blame a girl for trying !

Patrick
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Michael Whelan emailed me and mentioned that he is going to try and get a remarque to me for the signed edition, a remarque that I can then post on this website so that you can all have a look at it. Stay tuned!

Jerad
:excited:

Centipede
09-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Hey everyone,

I am working on a new advertising push for the book. I have an ad that I am working on that shows a number of works from the book, with some body copy below. There is also an ad with one major illustration and then some copy below it. Would anyone care to take a look at these and offer some feedback? For people who aren't really familiar with the book, I want to select killer images that will help close a sale, and when you are working on the book all the time, you tend to lose perspective. Let me know if it would be all right to post some sample ads here.

Regards,

Jerad

jhanic
09-10-2009, 04:49 AM
I can't wait to see them!

John

Nerak
09-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Jerad, let's go, post em!!!

Ari_Racing
09-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Of course we're all looking forward to see 'em! :)

Cutter
09-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Damn I wish I could afford the traycased edition. But I am seriously excited for the slipcased edition that I ordered, as everything looks amazing so far!