PDA

View Full Version : injuries

razz
08-02-2008, 07:15 PM
i didn't see a thread like this, not exactly at least, so i hope this isn't already a thread. but we've all had injuries i'm sure. hit by a car, broken an arm, overdid it in the gym, drank rotten milk....wait, sorry. so tell us your experience.

this is straight from the funny but true thread. don't know if it really counts as an injury or not.

I have an uncontrollable fear ph34r of bees. when i was 8 we went to the park. my little brother and sister found a tree with a beehive in it. stuck in the hive was a coat hanger (see where this is going?) so i know what this is, and they're playing with this hanger, trying to pull it out. i grab them and push them back, just as the idiotic little buggers pull out the hanger. a swarm of bees come flying out, ignores them and attacks me. THAT, R of G, my friend, was the single most painful experience of my life.

William50
08-02-2008, 07:22 PM
I have broken a finger, bruised at least 5 ribs in a bike accident, broke (or snapped) a tendon in my knee playing a football game, too many stitches to count, and here comes the sick one. I fell down my staircase (2 flights), landed badly and twisted my ankle. It did not feel that bad until I stood up (tried to anyway). A sharp pain went up my leg and ito my chest. I looked down to see that my foot was turned the wrong way! OUCH!

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I broke three ribs trying to do a somersault
I broke a bone in my foot when I thought I was missing one step and I messed two to the basement of my house because I was going downstairs to get socks because my feet were cold
I ripped off all my toenails by getting them slammed in a door at a friend's house...

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
oh and I fractured my leg in two different places by falling down a hill at the playground at my school when I was little

William50
08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
That Toenail thing must have sucked bad!

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
oh i had to get stitches because I cut my finger open with some scissors at school

William50
I have broken a finger, bruised at least 5 ribs in a bike accident, broke (or snapped) a tendon in my knee playing a football game, too many stitches to count, and here comes the sick one. I fell down my staircase (2 flights), landed badly and twisted my ankle. It did not feel that bad until I stood up (tried to anyway). A sharp pain went up my leg and ito my chest. I looked down to see that my foot was turned the wrong way! OUCH!

Are you just a bit clumsy, William?

:beat:............:lol:

LadyHitchhiker
the toenail thing absolutely sucked but I was only 9 so I healed up pretty fast but one of the toenails never grew back right

William50
08-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I an a teenage boy and I would have cried!

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 07:44 PM
well I cried but once they actually started scabbing it wasn't so bad...

everyone thought I was being a baby about it... :(

William50
08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
When my foot was turned the wrong way, it only hurt for a second, then I couldn't feel it until the doctors messed with it. But I was young so I don't remember it much.

Ka-mai
08-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I cannot shave my legs without destroying myself.

I once fell on some glacier rocks and ended up ricocheting between two until I hit the ground.. my knee was a bloody mess and my hip had a nice goose egg on it, plus multiple smaller bruises.

Even though I'm extremely clumsy I almost never hurt myself worse than a little bruise.

Oh yeah! Once at work I was putting lawn ornaments on a shelf that was already overflowing, we just stuck stuff where it would fit... well some sort of wall sconce thing fell off the top and landed right on my head, then on the floor in two pieces. I yelled. A customer asked if I was alright, I said I was (my eyes were streaming tears and my head was screaming) and picked up the two pieces, went to the back room, threw them in the "broken merchandise" box and told my managers what happened. They looked completely unconcerned as I went to the bathroom to sponge the blood (only a little) off my head.

I should have sued the bastards. :P

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I can't shave my legs either ka-mai... I just thought maybe I was too uncoordinated...

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
so i only do the parts that grow in black and leave the blonde fur alone...

razz
08-03-2008, 03:13 AM
That Toenail thing must have sucked bad!
i have horrible trouble with toenails. twice last year i've had to get ingrown toenails removed. not pleasant, but not THAT bad. only really hurts when they do the left toe.

also i have this scar on my arm, when i was thirteen i was walking my dog, and some dumb fuck left this large...thing....on the porch blocked off by a baby rail thing. (what are they called. wooden things they put in front of porches and doorways?). when we passed by, the huge dog jumped the railing and tackled Cole (my dog at the time). luckily the owners of the monstrosity were able to come out and get their mutt before it actually hurt Cole. but when i got him away from there and stopped to check for bites or cuts, he scratched me. deep. i still have the scar. in fact when it started to fade a bit i got mad. i like that scar.

liked the dog too. we had to get rid of him a few years laer because we lived near a busy highway exit and he kept running away and loose.

Ves'Ka Gan
08-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm not going to bore you all with all the injuries I've sustained, being a klutz & a Marine is notthe best combo. But I have sustained stress fractures in the small bone in my pelvis twice.

I'd honestly rather chew my own arm off than have to go through that again.

LadyHitchhiker
08-03-2008, 02:03 PM
ooooooh are we talking about scars because I have some

a few burns from a potato oven at wendy's
burn from a heat lamp at mcdonald's
BIG scar on my arm from first day when we had Mandarin when I caught cat in one hand lamp in another (I was coordinated at that moment but Mandarin didn't like being caught by this new mommy)
little scars on my shoulders from my cat Cricket the day he passed away because he didn't want my aunt taking him to the vet to leave me...

valtr0n
08-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I've had a lot of injuries.

I've broken both forearms, my left wrist, I'm pretty sure every finger on each hand (not the thumbs), I've had stitches multiple times (and there've been many more times I should have and didn't), two skull fractures, and a broken rib that I can still feel.

All from seperate incidents.

Brice
08-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Okay, I'm a bit reckless and accident prone, so I could live in this thread. I hurt myself just about every day. Here's what may be a unique one though:

Drunk and high, I was holding a kitana and flipping it in the air catching it by the tip of the blade. This went on for a good ten or fifteen minutes before I had it come down on my thumb and slice half way through. The ambulance came and I wouldn't go. I just cracked it back into place and held it till the blood coagulated. I bled alot and then was laughing about it. Then I went back to getting high...although not flipping the kitana anymore, but probably only because my friend wouldn't let me play with it after that.

Ves'Ka Gan
08-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Okay, I'm a bit reckless and accident prone, so I could live in this thread.
Long lost twin?????:wtf:

:couple:

razz
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Okay, I'm a bit reckless and accident prone, so I could live in this thread. I hurt myself just about every day. Here's what may be a unique one though:

Drunk and high, I was holding a kitana and flipping it in the air catching it by the tip of the blade. This went on for a good ten or fifteen minutes before I had it come down on my thumb and slice half way through. The ambulance came and I wouldn't go. I just cracked it back into place and held it till the blood coagulated. I bled alot and then was laughing about it. Then I went back to getting high...although not flipping the kitana anymore, but probably only because my friend wouldn't let me play with it after that.
sorry, but
:rofl:

i have a cut on my index finger.i sliced it open with a paring knife 2 years ago. i'm just staring at it, the njust yell out almost casually "Hey ma, we have any band aids?"
then i fell over on the ground laughing , and covered my self in blood in the process.

Erin
08-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I broke my jaw in 4 places on a see-saw when I was 3.

Sai Joshua
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Had an ear knocked off in a fight in the 3rd grade. Someone pushed me off of my porch and my head hit the electric meter box and off came my ear. It scared me more than hurt me, but I have a nice scar on the back of my ear from it.

I ran into an airplane propeller(not moving at the time) and put a scar on the bridge of my nose, also broke my Ray Ban wayfarers which really sucked.

Had my leg rolled up into a machine at work one time and had to drive myself to the emergency room with one foot because my boss was an ass.

Just last year I had to have my rotator cuff worked on and it put me out of work for about a month.

Too many bumps and bruises and road rash to go over.

William50
08-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Had an ear knocked off in a fight in the 3rd grade. Someone pushed me off of my porch and my head hit the electric meter box and off came my ear. It scared me more than hurt me, but I have a nice scar on the back of my ear from it.

I ran into an airplane propeller(not moving at the time) and put a scar on the bridge of my nose, also broke my Ray Ban wayfarers which really sucked.

Had my leg rolled up into a machine at work one time and had to drive myself to the emergency room with one foot because my boss was an ass.

Just last year I had to have my rotator cuff worked on and it put me out of work for about a month.

Too many bumps and bruises and road rash to go over.

WOW! :unsure:

Matt
08-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I spent 8 months in a body cast after I broke my back in 95 :(

Erin
08-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh man! That's crazy Matt! How did you get by?

Matt
08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I was in the Army so they took care of me pretty well. Got me hooked on Vicadin but that's another story. :lol:

A very heavy cargo door hit me on my head. Took an inch off my height and if I had not been wearing my helmet at the time...none of us would be here. :ninja:

razz
08-04-2008, 10:02 AM
:scared:
wow.
and that would suck

Ka-mai
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
My best friend's dad was in a body cast for six months after falling ten stories doing construction. He was lucky though, the other guy who fell (right next to him) was impaled on a couple pieces of metal and died. :ninja: So I came very close to not having one of my best friends (it was way before he was born).

Míchéal
08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I have never broken anything, I feel so left out :(

somebody break me...

Girlystevedave
08-04-2008, 06:12 PM
(knock on wood)
I'm lucky that I've never had any serious injury, considering how klutzy I am. The only scars I have are: a small one on my forehead where I busted my head open when I was about 12 years old (never needed stitches), a tiny one above the left side of my mouth where I fell when I was real little (don't remember it), and a circualr scar on the top of my left foot from playng with paper and fire when I was about 12. :)

jayson
08-05-2008, 02:32 AM
I broke my arm when I was two. I don't have any recollection of it at all. In fact, the only reason I know about it is because I was going through childhood pictures with my parents and noticed a picture of myself with my arm in a cast.

I also broke my collar bone when I was about six. That I remember.

Other than those two, I am lucky to have not had any serious injuries. I did sustain a concussion once which wasn't a whole lot of fun.