PDA

View Full Version : TDT.net Booksigning Tour has been...

Nerak
05-25-2007, 07:41 AM
COMPLETED!!!!

Don't know how many of you took part, but here's a link to the finished product...package in King's hands!!!! :rock:

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/darktowernetbooksigningtour/Stephen%20King%20receives%20our%20gift/?action=view&current=1180049166.pbw

That should b a slide show...will make sure it works before I leave!!! :thumbsup:

Matt
05-25-2007, 07:44 AM
This was such an amazing idea, I am so glad you guys got it done. I can't wait to look through the pics.

Too bad we can't do it again but it sounds like a one time only thing. :lol:

I wish you guys would all sign on and send it to me. :cool:

The Red Rose
05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
We'd love to Matt, if you can wait 2 1/2 years and have a spare $4000 (this is what it cost in shipping etc) or thereabouts we'll get it started right away! :orely:

Half the people that took part have lost touch and disappeared so they don't even know King has it. A real shame...

I was just thinking about posting this up here too, you saved me the job K.

Matt
05-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I was just playing Red. This was a really cool thing :couple:

Erin
05-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow!!!! I can't believe he actually got it!!! I was the third person to sign the book so long ago and I am so happy this all turned out as amazingly as it did. How wonderful. :D

Dolan
05-25-2007, 04:07 PM
King's got a hot place in Florida. I wouldnt mind living there. Sans the cats.

Nerak
05-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Sad thing is....that's his office...not his house!

Patrick
05-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I can't believe I signed that book almost 2-1/2 years ago. Wow.

Cutter
05-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Is there some history or can someone describe this book to me? I would be interested. This was before my time of signing up at DT.net.

Nerak
05-27-2007, 03:56 AM
What started out as a "loaner program" (someone couldn't afford the book and the wait at the library was too long) became a book signing tour that covered the US and parts of the Uk. Took over two years to make this journey. I don't know what the final total was of signers but there were a lot.
There was also a sculpture made of the "constant reader" door (think DOTT) and a case for the book (absolutely beautiful).
When the last persons signed it, it was mailed to Sai King as a thank you from the Constant Reader for the hard work and dedication for finishing The Dark Tower.

Cutter
05-27-2007, 07:58 AM
What started out as a "loaner program" (someone couldn't afford the book and the wait at the library was too long) became a book signing tour that covered the US and parts of the Uk. Took over two years to make this journey. I don't know what the final total was of signers but there were a lot.
There was also a sculpture made of the "constant reader" door (think DOTT) and a case for the book (absolutely beautiful).
When the last persons signed it, it was mailed to Sai King as a thank you from the Constant Reader for the hard work and dedication for finishing The Dark Tower.
interesting, thanks!

Matt
05-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I love those pics of him with the books and the case you guys made was totally cool.

I bet it means a lot to a guy like SK, for you guys to do that. It takes real dedication.

The Red Rose
05-28-2007, 05:01 AM
I just can't say how awesome it is to see the smile on his face and know that those items actually made it to him. We're very proud of the achievement and thank everyone who helped out and took part!

Seeing Rachel's sculpture sat on his shelf and the original drawing in the book as well as our messages is just unbelievable.

nyy3723a
05-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Great job all. Wish I was around back then to be a part of it.

chibul
01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Over at thedarktower.net, a bunch of us participated in a cross-continental book signing, where we all signed a copy of The Dark Tower VII and sent it to King. I was wondering what ever came of that? Did we ever hear back from him? Did we confirm he received it?

Also, at the time, there was a couple from England designing statues of a door/rose, I believe. They were very nice, but I was broke at the time and couldn't order one. Any chance those are still being offered?

Thanks!

Matt
01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey chibul--welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

I believe King did receive the book and the statues were created by someone who is also a member here. Perhaps we can help out with that.

I thought about all the cool things we could do to show King how much we appreciate him and decided collecting money for his charity would be best for the man who has everything. :lol:

wizardsrainbow
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Rachel Redman is the artist who did the "statues."

Nerak
01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
There is a thread here, somewhere :unsure:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=387

Found it! :dance:

Hannah
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Chibul - I hope Nerak's link answered your question. It was really cool, King took pictures of the book displayed in his house and everything. I signed the book too, in the very beginning of it's tour, I think.

I'm going to leave this thread up for another day or so, then merge it in with the booksigning thread. :D